Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Final Countdown

scarynikki12
  • Start Topic

Crisis changing the future storyline or any of the future characters makes absolutely no sense to me. By the time 2040 rolls around, whatever happens in Crisis should already be part of established past history for the flashforward timeline. We already saw that in 2040, there's a grave for Oliver dating his death in 2019. Also, MG had said that Felicity's story was finished last season. So how can they now change the future characters or story?

Thinking about timey-wimey stuff drives me nuts.

I can rationalize Mia going back in time for the crossover because, presumably she goes back in December of 2019, which would take place after all the flashforward scenes of last season and this season up to the crossover. So it's consistent with Mia acting up to then as if she's never met her father.

However, I find it difficult to rationalize Connor changing after the crossover. As I said, the Crisis should be history already in 2040. But I guess MG can do whatever he wants to do.

Both DR and JDJ have said that Diggle is still alive in the future. But what if Diggle or Lyla dies in the 2019-20 crossover when they're not supposed to originally? Then Connor is never adopted by them and he grows up bad, while JJ grows up good, in this altered timeline. Just speculating.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, tv echo said:

Crisis changing the future storyline or any of the future characters makes absolutely no sense to me. By the time 2040 rolls around, whatever happens in Crisis should already be part of established past history for the flashforward timeline. We already saw that in 2040, there's a grave for Oliver dating his death in 2019. Also, MG had said that Felicity's story was finished last season. So how can they now change the future characters or story?

Thinking about timey-wimey stuff drives me nuts.

I can rationalize Mia going back in time for the crossover because, presumably she goes back in December of 2019, which would take place after all the flashforward scenes of last season and this season up to the crossover. So it's consistent with Mia acting up to then as if she's never met her father.

However, I find it difficult to rationalize Connor changing after the crossover. As I said, the Crisis should be history already in 2040. But I guess MG can do whatever he wants to do.

Both DR and JDJ have said that Diggle is still alive in the future. But what if Diggle or Lyla dies in the 2019-20 crossover when they're not supposed to originally? Then Connor is never adopted by them and he grows up bad, while JJ grows up good, in this altered timeline. Just speculating.

We encountered the future with Nora over on The Flash as well, a Crisis of sorts happened in 2024 and as we know moved up at the end of last season so it isn't that surprising imo that all the changes would end up making 2040 change. The future storyline should be taking place in Noras original timeline.

1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

We encountered the future with Nora over on The Flash as well, a Crisis of sorts happened in 2024 and as we know moved up at the end of last season so it isn't that surprising imo that all the changes would end up making 2040 change. The future storyline should be taking place in Noras original timeline.

I'm not sure this follows, it was specifically the timeline where Oliver "died"in 2019 not 2024 in 7x22 because we saw his tomb stone. Why would the Monitor be taking Felicity "where she can't return from" if it was before Crisis got rejiggled and why is that timeline still continuing this season after Crisis has now been moved up 5 years? I don't really expect anything about it to make sense though. It doesn't on LOT most of the time. It's just frustrating if it changes characters and situations we've seen develop over 7 years and especially what's the point of the new baby team if they're all drastically different in the spin off?

As for the finale episode? More of a gentle title than it might have been and Arrow has used up a lot of potential finale titles. As for the final description sentence?

1) Oliver (or Oliver and Felicity) surveying afterlife/pocket dimension/ascended realm contentedly.

2) Oliver POV on seeing Felicity come through the portal.

3) Oliver transported to a time/place before the Gambit so he can start over but with all his memory intact so he can't make those choices (less likely with spin off)

4) Others thinking about Oliver's legacy and what he gave them before starting their next journeys. 

5) Start of Oliver (or Oliver and Felicity) more multiverse/cosmic adventures spread out before them.

6) Something entirely different. 

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

1) Oliver (or Oliver and Felicity) surveying afterlife/pocket dimension/ascended realm contentedly.

2) Oliver POV on seeing Felicity come through the portal.

3) Oliver transported to a time/place before the Gambit so he can start over but with all his memory intact so he can't make those choices (less likely with spin off)

4) Others thinking about Oliver's legacy and what he gave them before starting their next journeys. 

5) Start of Oliver (or Oliver and Felicity) more multiverse/cosmic adventures spread out before them.

6) Something entirely different. 

I think the third proposal is getting close to the end as much as possible, Marc shared the title and the ending words of the final Arrow where it was written possiility so why not

Are they trying to do a flashpoint at a bigger scale? Joseph's comments lead me to think there will be lasting changes for the remaining characters but if they're going to throw away years of character development for some sort of reset across dctv, 1) I'd hate THAT open ending for Arrow 2) ....would they really do that?`

I said it a while back, but the only reset I would accept is erasing Oliver revealing his identity to the public. I would be robbed if it were pre-gambit. Also, this may be the thinest argument on earth but they've made sure to pay homage to the pilot in this year's premiere so there's no use to revisit that part of the story again. 

• Love 1

All the endings I suggested I thought could be endings with "possibility". I'd personally hate the 3rd one because even if I posit he still meets Diggle, Felicity, Barry every other good force in his life, still has good relationship with Thea, Roy, Sara, Nyssa etc...…. And you shouldn't need to reset the whole damn show and chuck out what fans have watched for so many years to give the main character an ending with possibility. And it would mess with the spin off. 

Personally I'd pick any other ending than an Oliver choosing not to get on the Gambit, because it makes no sense, except as a lazy do over "happy" ending. But it might fit with SA's "there's logistics involved with the final scene". And everything Oliver's worked for all season in terms of his family is all gone as well. 

25 minutes ago, RS3 said:

Are they trying to do a flashpoint at a bigger scale? Joseph's comments lead me to think there will be lasting changes for the remaining characters but if they're going to throw away years of character development for some sort of reset across dctv, 1) I'd hate THAT open ending for Arrow 2) ....would they really do that?`

I think there are going to be some Flashpoint like changes, which for me, really you spent 30 eps on Connor as is, you want to change him now? And 7 years of canon wiped out is a really, really irritating prospect. Ep 6 is "reset" with "different storytelling techniques" so it seems like that is going to reset things leading up to COIE, is it going to continuously mess around with what is and what isn't real or what actually happened. Like if Zoe (or William) gets killed in ep 3 but brought back in ep 6 or they reset what happened with Thea and Roy. 

But again, I really don't want them to throw away 7 seasons of the show, it just seems really pointless but I think it's a possible theory. 

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

But again, I really don't want them to throw away 7 seasons of the show, it just seems really pointless but I think it's a possible theory. 

After how they've approached season 7 or as I'd like to call it "Arrow: finding the right story for a money grabbing move in the form of a spinoff even if we have to make the main character fail at his one consistent purpose since the pilot"... I get nervous when I hear reset, no lie.

1 hour ago, Featherhat said:

Personally I'd pick any other ending than an Oliver choosing not to get on the Gambit, because it makes no sense, except as a lazy do over "happy" ending. But it might fit with SA's "there's logistics involved with the final scene". And everything Oliver's worked for all season in terms of his family is all gone as well. 

I hate any ending that involves Oliver dying (and staying dead) or being sent back to pre-Gambit times, but the thing that makes me nervous is that both MG and SA have referred to the finale as something they've talked about for years, which may cut out endings that involve portals or pocket dimensions (things I'm assuming only came up once they started planning the spinoff and/or realized they weren't getting EBR for the final season). MG told Collider "I would say, for the most part, it’s very similar to what I always had in mind. There have been some new ideas and some tweaks, and the crossover changed certain elements, but I would say that Stephen and I, for years, have talked about how things should end, and I would say that we’re definitely true to the spirit of that plan." 

On the flip side, what he told ET makes me wonder if he did the thing he always wanted to do for the series finale (i.e. - kill Oliver) in the crossover, and the finale now fits with the new world they've set up in the last year or so: "It's shifted for a variety of different logistical reasons. Things that were originally planned for the series finale are now in the crossover, and by moving those moments into the crossover, it allowed me to look at those moments through a different lens and through a different eye and that changed some things. Until we actually shoot the finale, Beth and I were talking about this earlier today, I've given myself permission to not be dogmatic about what the finale is and allow myself to remain open for another idea." 

• Love 1

SA keeps saying that Oliver believes Felicity when she said they would find each other again and they've put those moments in there. If they are going to completely ignore Felicity stepping through that portal, why put those in there, why put that scene in 7x22? There are many other ways she could have had a decent send off and they knew then roughly how COIE was going to end and they could have ended Arrow there. For me it all leads back to some kind of "death but not the end" of the various types we've talked about. But what the hell happens if even Connor changes sooooo muchhhh? I'm possibly just over thinking potential curve balls. 

As far as things they've talked about for years? Probably included but maybe not in the way they were originally thought of. Then again MG now claims they were thinking ahead to a COIE thing when they named Lyla. Which I can believe since Marvel had already done Avengers by that point, DCEU was desperately trying and crossovers and epic team ups were big business.

Speaking of, it's possible the Diggles will become the cosmic adventure couple I suggested for Oliver and Felicity up thread. Although John is supposed to have sent Connor to Mia in the FFs that might be something else that gets changed. Hell it's possible they won't ever adopt Connor and that's why he's different. 

I really can't imagine anything more shocking than the premiere. Even supposing the prevailing theory is right and JJ kills Zoe, I don't think that's more shocking than wiping out an entire Earth. This coupled with Willa apparently telling someone she only filmed one episode and Future Roy seeming really disturbed by/bitter about what happened with Thea makes me nervous. I know MG has said he'd never kill Thea but it's the last season and Oliver is already seemingly losing everything maybe they would throw in that extra gut punch? 

5 minutes ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

I really can't imagine anything more shocking than the premiere.

I'm growing more on the theory that Mia is jerked to present at the end of 803 for some reason. It could at least explain a bunch (KM and SA saying the end of 803 is shocking and that 804 is something big/emotional, KM having a pic of her with JH and KC in the bunker set, FTA "losing one of their own" but still all of them seemingly around for 809, CW only releasing like 5 photos for 804 with a few of them being the characters looking at someone/something hidden from the audience, etc.).

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, way2interested said:

I'm growing more on the theory that Mia is jerked to present at the end of 803 for some reason

That's some really good sideways thinking. It would definitely be shocking and the title is "Leap of Faith" which could point to that. That would certainly lead to a lot of time for Oliver/Mia yelling/bonding and not have it all crammed into COIE like they often do but would also severely limit FTA bonding which is what the FFs are supposed to be all about. Aren't we supposed to have some William and Mia and Mia/Connor stuff as well? But everyone in both timelines is going on about ep 4 so you'd think it would be something big or different and that would qualify. On this show. On LOT it would be a normal storyline. Even on The Flash.

As for Willa only filming one episode, she was announced as recurring which should mean at least two, right? If she's only in ep 3 and dies or disappears but Roy is in more that's worrying. What's the point of killing Thea now, especially if the future is going to be changed and S7 Future!Roy might not exist. Unless she's "reset" in ep 6. But maybe Thea "Leaps" somewhere to save someone else?

16 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

Aren't we supposed to have some William and Mia and Mia/Connor stuff as well? 

I was hoping Oliver travels to 2040 on a solo mission to fetch her so he could meet William too. But having the title of 804 be "present tense", I'm thinking maybe not. 

13 hours ago, Featherhat said:

I'm not sure this follows, it was specifically the timeline where Oliver "died"in 2019 not 2024 in 7x22 because we saw his tomb stone. Why would the Monitor be taking Felicity "where she can't return from" if it was before Crisis got rejiggled and why is that timeline still continuing this season after Crisis has now been moved up 5 years? I don't really expect anything about it to make sense though. It doesn't on LOT most of the time. It's just frustrating if it changes characters and situations we've seen develop over 7 years and especially what's the point of the new baby team if they're all drastically different in the spin off?

I would take it as just being a continuity error since if Nora came from a Pre-2019 COIE then the Arrow FF should also be set in Pre-2019 COIE and vice versa. But of course actual COIE could also just mess up what happened in S7 finale.

I posted this papp blog in the COIE thread, but it's worth re-posting here 😭 ....

https://canadagraphs.weebly.com/crisis-on-infinite-earths-blogs/crisis-on-infinite-earths-legends-of-tomorrow-october-21-and-23-downtown-vancouver

At one point, the only portion of dialogue I could sort of hear throughout the day, White Canary moves closer to the Anti Monitor with the rest of the team behind her, and says something to the Anti-Monitor that ends with her muttering "For Oliver", then the whole team in unison behind her chant "For Oliver" before commencing their all out attack.

Also, it looks like Diggle, Wild Dog and JH's Black Canary all participate in the big, climactic battle against the Anti-Monitor in the LoT crossover ep (finale) - no mention of Laurel in this battle:

img-4183.jpg 

Edited by tv echo

If KM's Mia Smoak is going to continue to exist for the spinoff series, then Oliver & Felicity have to get together, no matter what happens this season. The only way that doesn't happen is if Mia is no longer Felicity's daughter. Or, I guess, if they set up two parallel realities.

ETA: This worrying over how or if MG was going to screw up my fave ship is one of the reasons I considered skipping this final season.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

https://www.hypable.com/arrow-season-8-episode-3-screener-secrets/

After becoming suspicious of the Monitor in Hong Kong, Oliver travels to Nanda Parbat on Arrow season 8, episode 3 to discover answers about who he’s really working with. Meanwhile, he runs into a few familiar faces.

We had a chance to watch Arrow season 8, episode 3 early, and this is an episode that changes the future of Arrow (and the Arrow-verse) forever. Some things come to light, while others are just introduced, and Oliver’s continuing to realize the implications of what he agreed to help the Monitor with.

We’ve put together a few teases and a spoiler-free review of what’s to come on Arrow season 8, episode 3 when it airs on Tuesday, October 29 at 9 p.m. ET.

This episode of Arrow, like the first two, is quite intense. Now that Oliver is questioning the Monitor, it calls into question everything he’s already done, and the deal Oliver struck with him during “Elseworlds” last year. I mean, the reason he even went to Nanda Parbat is to find the truth about Mar Novu; however, don’t get your hopes up.

I’d say this episode is my favorite of Arrow season 8 thus far. It’s just as — if not more — emotional as the Arrow season 8 premiere, while not distracting from the task on hand.

Thea’s return

Oh, how I’ve missed Willa Holland’s Thea Queen. Her relationship with Oliver has always been one of my favorite things about the series, and the writers clearly know how important it is to see Thea and Oliver’s bond once again, if this episode is any indication.

There’s no shortage of sweet moments between the two siblings, and there are a few heart-to-heart conversations, which really put their growth over the last decade in perspective. One of these conversations is my favorite that they have ever had over the duration of the show. Additionally, we do find out where Thea’s been and what she’s been up to since we last saw her depart Star City.

Deathstrokes

The future timeline continues where it left off, though there’s a surprise with William, leading the newly-formed team on a mission to stop JJ once and for all.

The events of these scenes really show how undisciplined and bull-headed Mia can be, which is clearly going to be her biggest obstacle to overcome on the spin-off if it’s picked up. However, there are a few emotional moments with Mia and William that show us another side to her that hasn’t been touched upon very often.

Diggle and Lyla

Diggle and Lyla are a well-oiled, married machine on Arrow season 8, episode 3, as they lead their own sub-plot involving Connor Hawke in the present day. Plus, as we saw Laurel and Oliver deal with the aftermath of watching Earth-2 be destroyed in front of their eyes, we get a glimpse into how that changed John and how he’s reacting to it. It’s a pleasant surprise because I didn’t expect we’d see his emotional reaction.

Another shocking ending

Honestly, Arrow is ending with the best cliffhangers this season. This episode ends on a note possibly even more shocking than the season 8 premiere, which saw Earth-2 destroyed. Somehow, it’s even less expected, at least it was to me. It changes everything about how the season — and even “Crisis on Infinite Earths” — will go down. And, after, certain things finally start to fall into place and make sense.

Also, there may or may not be a character death that shakes things up and changes the dynamic between several characters… and it’s unrelated to the shocking ending.

‘Arrow’ season 8, episode 3 review

As I said before, this is a solid episode. The return of Thea Queen is really what makes it great, though there are a few interesting stories to embark on that are each used to set up the remaining episodes. Like the premiere, this episode shakes things up and sets the remaining episodes on yet another path, which I think makes more sense than anything I’ve seen speculated about on social media.

I wish Laurel had been in the episode, but I can’t blame Katie Cassidy-Rodgers for not pulling double duty. There is a brief mention of Laurel to Thea… but it’s very brief.

It was nice to see Dinah and Rene again, even if not for very long. This was an amazing episode, beautifully directed by Katie Cassidy-Rodgers, who clearly channeled the strengths of her fellow cast members with every shot.

Arrow airs Tuesday, October 29 at 9p.m. ET on The CW! Our full review will be posted following the episode!

12 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Diggle and Lyla

Diggle and Lyla are a well-oiled, married machine on Arrow season 8, episode 3, as they lead their own sub-plot involving Connor Hawke in the present day. Plus, as we saw Laurel and Oliver deal with the aftermath of watching Earth-2 be destroyed in front of their eyes, we get a glimpse into how that changed John and how he’s reacting to it. It’s a pleasant surprise because I didn’t expect we’d see his emotional reaction.

I could not give less of a shit about anyone's reaction to E-2, honestly, especially people who didn't live there and stepped foot on it for approximately 2 hours. 

Looking forward to seeing Oliver and Thea again.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Mia's still Felicity's daughter in 809 it seems, with a hood this time!

#StarCity2040. Mia doesn’t move to present day. Nice. 

7 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I could not give less of a shit about anyone's reaction to E-2, honestly, especially people who didn't live there and stepped foot on it for approximately 2 hours. 

Looking forward to seeing Oliver and Thea again.

I understand the reaction of “Holy Shit a world was destroyed! That could be us!”. I don’t understand them trying to say there was a personal connection. There wasn’t. 

It would make more sense for Team Flash to have a personal reaction due to Harry and Jesse. I guess they want to build some big time stakes into it not "oops, a world was destroyed!"

Star City 2040 could be when it's set, it could also be KM just hashtagging her interests in it, like KC just #Canaries and nothing to do with Mia. They clearly have very different ideas about what they want the show to be and it hasn't even been officially ordered yet. But it's still looking more like the future or some merged timeline than it was a few weeks ago. 

So the shocking COIE related things is not a death? Well it could be Mia in the past, that would qualify. In the ep 4 pics Oliver certainly looks shocked with the monitor standing right behind him and "Present Tense" is a good title for your baby/20 year old daughter with Daddy issues galore to time travel on your multiverse saving quest. But there are a load of other things that could be a big cliffhanger. Now I'm getting into the idea it definitely won't be what happens. 😉 Good that she and William will be getting some brother/sister time though. 

I wonder if the shocking death is Bronze Tiger since this ep will be dealing with the Diggles and Connor? That would qualify as shocking/semi big since he's been on the show since S1 and bonded with Oliver last season. 

Edited by Featherhat
59 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Anyone know if this is old or new? Fitness By Jana (Janarhn) is in Beverly Hills (I believe)...

It seems new but I heard she was gonna be in California (?) this weekend for Jarett's birthday, including SA and his wife. No need to sweat until they start filming 810. 😉 

In reference to the big outdoor fight scene with the stunt doubles of Diggle, Dinah, Sara, Barry etc... 

Spoiler

I'm seeing a lot of people freaking out about this on twitter, including Arrow fans. I 100% expected Oliver to "die" in the crossover. They would never miss the opportunity to use this to drive the other heroes to avenge him and defeat the villain at the dramatic peak around the 3/4 mark. But while we know every character believes he dies in the traditional sense because of the grave, 722 proved that Felicity is the only person (that we know of) who knows about his paradise-y existence. So far, this still seems like the most probable theory. I panicked a bit when SA mentioned it was neither this or that when asked if it's the paradise dimension or death but maybe he meant it's both. 

3 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

....She hashtagged it Arrow...KC also did #Arrow with her post w/Juliana. 

But their new show isn't Arrow, and they should be using the same hashtag when they post about it (even if they do include additional ones on their own). 

1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

But their new show isn't Arrow, and they should be using the same hashtag when they post about it (even if they do include additional ones on their own). 

They are using the same hashtag apart from #2040, which if she is still in 2040...not that big of a thing. Once they get their actual own show, that'd be a different story. This is the backdoor pilot but still an Arrow production which makes the tags valid.

4 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

They are using the same hashtag apart from #2040, which if she is still in 2040...not that big of a thing. Once they get their actual own show, that'd be a different story. This is the backdoor pilot but still an Arrow production which makes the tags valid.

And this doesn't negate anything I wrote in the post that you replied to. They should have a spinoff tag that they all use when they post about it, regardless of their other tags. It's smart social media management, but the people who handle that for the CW aren't very good at their jobs. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, RS3 said:

'm seeing a lot of people freaking out about this on twitter, including Arrow fans. I 100% expected Oliver to "die" in the crossover. They would never miss the opportunity to use this to drive the other heroes to avenge him and defeat the villain at the dramatic peak around the 3/4 mark.

Of course. That was 100% expected as is Barry's or a Barry's death. They've been telling us that all along, it was just a question of exactly how and if it will stick. They want the big heroic sacrifice, with his daughter there (and hopefully his son) and his friends continuing the fight in his honour and probably the Endgame style funeral with all the heroes lined up. It also fits in with 7x22 as you said. Then in Arrow it's revealed to be option C. 

Re: Being the ending MG/SA have talked about for years. It might be the Dark Knight style ending we've all been speculating on for years as well. Presumed death (crossover) revealed to be alive/ascended/other dimension (Series finale). That just got tweaked because it ties in so directly with COIE. 

11 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Yeah, If I was the CW/BS I'd want them on the same page. I expect they will be when promoting the actual show but no one is bothering now, though they should. It's just funny that the tags AND pictures that they choose to highlight have nothing to do with each other. Of course we might be reading way too much into it. 😉 But it's hard not to see them highlighting even complete opposites on the current show.

It's also possible that the pilot at least starts off in two different time periods and they just aren't filming together much so just tagging their own storylines, but again they're all social media savvy enough to come up with GA/BC tag together. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, RS3 said:

In reference to the big outdoor fight scene with the stunt doubles of Diggle, Dinah, Sara, Barry etc... 

Canadagraphs did a blog post about this scene where all the heroes run into a fight yelling “for Oliver” so he’s either “dead” or hurt/in a coma. I can’t imagine they’d let the chance pass to have an Endgame-style funeral with all the heroes present, but I wonder if they’re going to fix it at the end of the crossover, or if we’re going to have to suffer through an Oliver-less episode 9 without knowing his fate until episode 10. (Which would make me even less inclined to watch that one.)

It’s hilarious to me that KC and JH are suddenly all up in each other’s social media, while KM isn’t using the Canaries hashtag. 😂 

1 hour ago, Trisha said:

Canadagraphs did a blog post about this scene where all the heroes run into a fight yelling “for Oliver” so he’s either “dead” or hurt/in a coma. I can’t imagine they’d let the chance pass to have an Endgame-style funeral with all the heroes present, but I wonder if they’re going to fix it at the end of the crossover, or if we’re going to have to suffer through an Oliver-less episode 9 without knowing his fate until episode 10. (Which would make me even less inclined to watch that one.)

It’s hilarious to me that KC and JH are suddenly all up in each other’s social media, while KM isn’t using the Canaries hashtag. 😂 

Better that way. I will retweet KMs posts but not their own. Once she starts posting with Canaries If she does I will not retweet those LOL

• Love 2

Wouldn't they have filmed together already? 809 filming started Monday and ends Wednesday and looks like they already had a Fraturday shoot where Mia was the GA and KC and JH were in costume as well, and not even a "Green Arrow and the Canaries" pic together or anything

Yeah, it feels like when the spinoff was announced, it was all “Green Arrow and the Canaries” (before the name, but a unity at least). But since then, it feels like there’s a separation, like it’s Green Arrow ................ and ................ the Canaries (not that one aspect is more important than the other, just that there’s an obvious divide), in their social media posts/likes and the vague comments in a couple interviews. Maybe they don’t want to spoil anything, so we won’t get any on-set photos of them together yet. But there are other ways to promote the potential show, like they did when it was first announced, that I’m just not seeing. 

2 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

If the social media posts are like this, I kinda am interested in seeing what the interviews will be like for the spinoff. 

They’ll be like they’ve always been. Kat M and others on the show talking about what’s actually happening on the show, and KC— maybe joined with JH this time— talking about what’s happening in her head canon. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Trisha said:

Canadagraphs did a blog post about this scene where all the heroes run into a fight yelling “for Oliver” so he’s either “dead” or hurt/in a coma.

Oops my bad, I've missed it. For obvious reasons, I try to give that guy as little clicks as possible. 

7 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Yeah, it feels like when the spinoff was announced, it was all “Green Arrow and the Canaries” (before the name, but a unity at least). But since then, it feels like there’s a separation, like it’s Green Arrow ................ and ................ the Canaries (not that one aspect is more important than the other, just that there’s an obvious divide), in their social media posts/likes and the vague comments in a couple interviews. Maybe they don’t want to spoil anything, so we won’t get any on-set photos of them together yet. But there are other ways to promote the potential show, like they did when it was first announced, that I’m just not seeing. 

No doubt that when episode 9 is a week away from airing, they're going to up the PR. There's a reason why this is airing between the crossover extravaganza and the SERIES finale, when the show will be most talked about. They really really really really want it to work. Until that happens, I'd be surprised to see Kat or the birds promoting it as a unit of 3 since the BD pilot is the ultimate taste test for their future pilot's concept. Major tweaks could happen afterwards. If they're doing a future plot + flashbacks format again (sigh), that's when the execs will know which part should be the A story. Even if they'll have to promote it together at some point and throw some #girlpower like candies on halloween, we'll always know what Kat wanted and what KC and JH wanted when they still had the power to decide.