Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Ring Around the Rumor

• Start Topic

Carl complains to Lindsay about Paige; Lindsay's advice is overheard, setting off a chain reaction among the women in the house; as Kyle prepares to ask Amanda to take their relationship to the next level, another cheating rumor surfaces.

Airs April 22, 2019.

Hannah I give you bonus points for being so low key about your injury but a dude (or anyone for that matter) not abandoning you alone in the middle of the night in an ER should be the bare minimum to expect from someone not bonus points! Hell I once helped a stranger who was drunk and bleeding to the hospital which was three blocks to the hospital and waited until she got checked in and was being seen before leaving.

Lindsey is still the worst. Maybe she and Jordan should hook up to contain their vileness. 

The only way I would agree to have these huge house parties is if everyone agreed to hire cleaners to deal with the aftermath.

• Love 9

Oh, Kyle. How many start ups are you gonna start up? Yet he has all this money to buy rings and put down on an apt? Something's not right, there. He's a decent guy when he's sober and when he drinks he is a different person. When booze changes your personality it's a sure sign you can't handle your alcohol. 

• Love 8

Saw Carl on Andy Cohen's show last night. Interesting outfit. Skin tight polka dot pants. Anyway, he said he is now working at a non profit that is similar to Go Fund Me. I can't imagine he makes any money. He has had so many short lived jobs.  

Andy also thinks Jordan is gay. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

...or a serial killer. Carl thinks Jordan might be a virgin.

I'm not quite sure about Jordan.  It's none of my beeswax who he loves, but there's way too much discussion from him about who he's doing where there's no evidence.  With the heavily evangelical background, nothing would surprise me less if he would be closeted.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Oh, Kyle. How many start ups are you gonna start up? Yet he has all this money to buy rings and put down on an apt? Something's not right, there. He's a decent guy when he's sober and when he drinks he is a different person. When booze changes your personality it's a sure sign you can't handle your alcohol. 

And we’ve met his family, I don’t think he comes from a lot of money. Maybe he had a good idea once and is still coasting from that payout?

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

And we’ve met his family, I don’t think he comes from a lot of money. Maybe he had a good idea once and is still coasting from that payout?

When this show first started, I had thought it would be about everyone coming from money and their fancy Hamptons weekends. I think we learned early on that none of them seem to have money or come from money.

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Didn't he say season 1 that he made a lot of money from an idea he had years ago (shorts maybe??) and that he is still living off that start-up.  He does not come from money, nor does Carl if memory serves.

ETA not sure how he made a bundle of money off of shorts, but I swear that was what he said.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Didn't he say season 1 that he made a lot of money from an idea he had years ago (shorts maybe??) and that he is still living off that start-up.  He does not come from money, nor does Carl if memory serves.

ETA not sure how he made a bundle of money off of shorts, but I swear that was what he said.

I think he was involved with Chubbies. Douchey, poser shorts for guys exactly like Kyle. I guess there are a lot. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Pickles said:

When this show first started, I had thought it would be about everyone coming from money and their fancy Hamptons weekends. I think we learned early on that none of them seem to have money or come from money.

I thought the first season was set in Montauk and the whole premise was that it was the younger / non socialite set.  It was supposed be the “party” crowd, working singles who head out on the weekends, not the fancy crowd.  Am I remembering wrong?

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Is $20,000 the going rate for a diamond engagement ring these days???  Yikes!

Did they mention the price of the ring? I thought he only said a number in regards to the apartment and everything else was vague. 

28 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Did they mention the price of the ring? I thought he only said a number in regards to the apartment and everything else was vague. 

Maybe I misheard.  I thought there were three prices, starting at  $17,000.

Anyone else?

14 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I want to re-watch the scene where Kyles mom lists off his startups!  I swear to God there was one called Nightjockey??? I am afraid to google it.  I do remember the shorts and something called Fenix which was some kind of diet tracker app whenever they mention Loverboy I hope that the 80s music group owns the name and will sue Kyle. 

His drinking is the elephant on the room.   It's not cute at 36 and will be less cute at 46 and 56.  But I don't even understand why he and Amanda are still on the show.   I guess to hawk his "products".  

It's sweet karma for the younger women to be snide about Linds age remember how mean she was to Christina about being slightly older? 

My prediction, last episode Jordan whips off his face like a Scooby mask and he is one of the Wirkus twins. 

Edited by Rubyslippahz
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4

Lindsay, stop being so gross and pretending to be some tough chick.  You're not.  I did have a soft spot for her in the first season because she was abandoned by her mother and I know what that's like, but she's just being a dick now.  I'm sick of grown adults who keep bringing up shit from their childhood as a reason for being assholes.  You're not the only one who got abandoned by parents.  At least you had someone who became a mother to you, like Aunt Ruth.  That's something lots of people who were left behind by their parents didn't get.  I definitely would have loved to have had a relative like Ruth who was there for me. 

Everett seems to be the only one willing to put up with her shit.   She's always throwing things around and being violent and trying to carry if off as being 'passionate'.  Again, NO. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Pickles said:

I assume Paige comes from money since she has a one bedroom apartment all to herself in NYC that her parents pay for.  Must be nice.   

• Love 2
1 hour ago, radiochik said:

I assume Paige comes from money since she has a one bedroom apartment all to herself in NYC that her parents pay for.  Must be nice.   

How much would that cost???

1 hour ago, radiochik said:

That confuses me because I distinctly remember Paige saying in the first couple of episodes that she did not come from money, her family was hard working middle class and she never had the "finer" things in life while growing up. Now she says they pay for her apt which by the way is no less than $3,000 per month for a one bedroom in NYC (I'm being conservative with that figure) If her parents pay for that then they have plenty of disposable income. So which is it, Paigey?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Ha I too was assessing the parents real estate for where all his cash came from!

46 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

That confuses me because I distinctly remember Paige saying in the first couple of episodes that she did not come from money, her family was hard working middle class and she never had the "finer" things in life while growing up. Now she says they pay for her apt which by the way is no less than $3,000 per month for a one bedroom in NYC (I'm being conservative with that figure) If her parents pay for that then they have plenty of disposable income. So which is it, Paigey?

Her heavy subsidy revelation made me judgy of her because she definitely played the 'I'm not a rich girl' thing. The upbringing she described is definitely upper middle class so it's all relative. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, radiochik said:

Her bed is in her living room so I am assuming it’s a studio. A decent sized studio but a studio.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Her bed is in her living room so I am assuming it’s a studio. A decent sized studio but a studio.

Ahhh. I didn't notice that. I was doing a few other things  while watching so I assumed it was a one bedroom.  She still deserves the massive eye roll I gave her when she said mommy and daddy paid her rent. 

• Love 4
On 4/24/2019 at 8:50 AM, bichonblitz said:

People’s opinions of where they come from can also be skewed. It’s entirely possible that Paige’s parents worked hard and built something. That they had a lot of money, but that Paige’s friends’ parents made a ton more. In her eyes she comes from humble backgrounds. Maybe her friends don’t even try to work and are living in penthouse suites that their parents pay for. In that regard, she’s pretty modest. Or maybe she’s full of shit 🤷‍♂️

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, Stan39 said:

People’s opinions of where they come from can also be skewed. It’s entirely possible that Paige’s parents worked hard and built something. That they had a lot of money, but that Paige’s friends’ parents made a ton more. In her eyes she comes from humble backgrounds. Maybe her friends don’t even try to work and are living in penthouse suites that their parents pay for. In that regard, she’s pretty modest. Or maybe she’s full of shit 🤷‍♂️

Yeah. There are multiple explanations for the disconnect here.

1. Her parents didn’t have as much money when she was little, but are in a better position now.

2. They had less money in a relative sense to people she went to school/college with.

3. The apartment had been in the family for a while.

4. Paige is full of shit.

5. Other stuff I haven’t thought of yet.

• LOL 3

I was cleaning house last night and put the Watch With the Cast (where you can see the casts reactions to the episode) on in the background. Jordon looked really uncomfortable the whole time a barely said a word of commentary. He sort of looked like he wanted to crawl into a dark hole. Not sure what that’s all about. 

• Love 2