Type keyword(s) to search

S31: Rachel Reilly and Elissa Slater (Sisters)

• Start Topic

Rachel Reilly and Elissa Slater (Sisters)

Previous seasons: Big Brother 12, winner of Big Brother 13, The Amazing Race 20 and The Amazing Race: All-Stars (Rachel); Big Brother 15 (Elissa)

Rachel Reilly
Hometown: Van Nuys, California
Current occupations: Student, PT tech, yoga teacher, entrepreneur, casting, mom, entertainment, and blogger.

Three words to describe you: Loyal, fierce/competitive, and courageous.

What excites you most about traveling?
This is my third Race and my first two I did with Brendon, my husband. It was really fun to race with him but this Race is really exciting because I get to do this with my sister. Growing up, Elissa and I moved a lot. I think I went to three middle schools and two high schools.

Moving and only having your sister as a constant made us super close, then we went to college, got married, and didn't live together anymore. We still love to do everything together. Elissa was on Big Brother after I was, we got engaged the same weekend, we got married the same year, and we had babies together! So for us, doing the Race together is a dream come true! SISTER BONDING!

Who do you think will be your biggest competition: Racers, Houseguests, or Castaways?
I think the biggest threats are the Racers. The Race teams know what to expect and even though I have raced twice, my partner has never raced so this will be totally new to her. It's probably good to have a new set of eyes on something I feel so confident about, but I also hope that she listens to me because after all, I've done this twice before and NEVER BEEN ELIMINATED. This also adds pressure on both of us, but I mean, I'm Rachel Reilly, I've won two reality shows. I've got this in the bag 😉

Elissa Slater
Hometown: Las Vegas
Current occupation: Founder, CEO Drop Method® app

Three words to describe you: Go-getter, focused, and determined.

What excites you most about traveling?
Seeing the world—especially with my sister, meeting new people and cultures, realizing the infinite possibilities of our world.

Who do you think will be your biggest competition: Racers, Houseguests, or Castaways?
Definitely the Racers.

f5f6c69c352791f6_rachel_eliza.jpg

1 hour ago, Whimsy said:

This also adds pressure on both of us, but I mean, I'm Rachel Reilly, I've won two reality shows. I've got this in the bag

What other reality show has Rachel won? I know she didn't win The Amazing Race and she won one season of Big Brother.

Edited by Lamb18
6 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

What other reality show has Rachel won? I know she didn't win The Amazing Race and she won one season of Big Brother.

She and Brendon did an episode of Celebrity Fear Factor a few months back, and they won that one

On 4/22/2019 at 8:22 AM, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I don't mean to sound snarky here but I honestly don't know ... what on earth is wrong with her mouth? Botox gone wrong? 

Most likely. I was thinking that the BB teams must have decided to go under the knife as part of their TAR prep, because not only do Rachel and Elissa look like they overdosed on the lip plumper, but I barely recognized Janelle (taller blonde that got the chocolate sandal on her first try) because of how plastic she looks, and Nicole (blonde with the messy hair) looks like she got one botched up nose job

• Love 1
On 4/11/2019 at 7:56 AM, Whimsy said:

The Race teams know what to expect and even though I have raced twice, my partner has never raced so this will be totally new to her. It's probably good to have a new set of eyes on something I feel so confident about, but I also hope that she listens to me because after all, I've done this twice before and NEVER BEEN ELIMINATED. This also adds pressure on both of us, but I mean, I'm Rachel Reilly, I've won two reality shows. I've got this in the bag 😉

OH Lord... the ego is STRONG with this one....

• Love 4
4 hours ago, lexington11 said:

It always has been, so never expect anything less from Rachel

For sure.  I first "met" Rachel in her first race on TAR (I'm not a BB fan and never will be), and yep I remember her ego being outsized back then too.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Ducky said:

For sure.  I first "met" Rachel in her first race on TAR (I'm not a BB fan and never will be), and yep I remember her ego being outsized back then too.

Which most likely was made more aggravating by the fact that her original race partner was her now husband Brendon, and his ego is a match for Rachel's

• Love 2

These 2 cannot be eliminated fast enough for my taste. Rachel is still using her tired, old schtick and her sister come across as not the brightest bulb in the box. Both are about as plastic as you can get.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, sunshine23 said:

These 2 cannot be eliminated fast enough for my taste. Rachel is still using her tired, old schtick and her sister come across as not the brightest bulb in the box. Both are about as plastic as you can get.

Same...all the other teams I dislike have gone, so hoping they're next

• Love 2
On 4/22/2019 at 8:22 AM, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I don't mean to sound snarky here but I honestly don't know ... what on earth is wrong with her mouth? Botox gone wrong? 

Looks like filler injections. People who choose to do this think it improves their appearance. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, RemoteControlFreak said:

Looks like filler injections. People who choose to do this think it improves their appearance.

As a character on a very old show said when Barbara Hershey first made the look popular, "Great.  I'm going to go hit myself in the mouth with a shovel, I guess."  There's "bee-stung" lips and then there's "I was attacked by the cast of The Swarm" lips.  

Stick to yoga, Elissa.  That makes you look awesome…this, not so much.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, sunshine23 said:

Of course it was a non elimination leg. Why does production love these 2 fakers so much? Rachel's fake crying is even worse than before. Now she can't even force the tears out.

Apparently production loves Rachel for whatever reason, because she's good at getting herself on countless reality shows

• Love 1

I know people are annoyed with Rachel, but I loved Elissa the past two episode. 

I was cracking up when Rachel kept doing her crying elimination speech in the cab, and Elissa kept interrupting her telling her to stop.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, scrb said:

So embarrassing.  Her husband and sister must be cring8ng watching her.

Considering that Elissa's better at managing Rachel's meltdowns than Brendon is, I don't think he's cringing too much

(edited)

I actually just finished watching Rachel's first season of BB (and I loathe BB--I have no intention of watching any more unless some other BB contestant wins my heart as much as Rachel has), and am working my way through her second just because I love her so much. And I love her even more. She's awesome and fabulous. And all the hate that gets thrown her way is pretty hypocritical since most of it is stuff that plenty of the others have done and do. On BB, she was targeted non-stop and that's why she fought back, but when others were targeted, it suddenly was OK for them to be upset and fight back, but not when it was Rachel, whatever!

It's not her fault that she has an annoying laugh and a terrible cry. She's over the top and I love it. Rachel makes every show she's on so much more enjoyable. And, yes, part of the fun is seeing how people react to her and the rise she gets out of them, plus, how her loved ones deal with her high maintenance ways. It's just awesome!

I freaking love Rachel.

Edited by driver18
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Rachel is the worst contestant on the show bar none. Absolute worst. And what is with her oversized ego? She's not smart, athetlic or attractive and she thinks she is the greatest person ever. She is constantly putting her sister down when she is the fuck up on the team.  I am surprised someone hasn't punched Rachel by now. She is just that unlikable. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, pivot said:

Rachel is the worst contestant on the show bar none. Absolute worst. And what is with her oversized ego? She's not smart, athetlic or attractive and she thinks she is the greatest person ever. She is constantly putting her sister down when she is the fuck up on the team.  I am surprised someone hasn't punched Rachel by now. She is just that unlikable. 

That's just like your opinion, man. She's a chemist, so she is smart. I think she's attractive and I'm sure I'm not the only person who does, and it's pretty obvious if you saw her on other seasons and BB that she thinks that Brendan is the greatest person ever. Also, her sister has fucked up tasks just as much as Rachel, so it's kind of equal there.

I don't find her unlikable at all. I think she's pretty awesome and have an absolute blast watching her.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I strongly dislike Rachel, but her brains, athleticism, and physical appearance have nothing to do with it. Her personality does. I'm also super content to dislike her - and her sister - without punching them in the face should I ever come across them in the wild and am thankful that it appears the vast majority of humankind feels the same way.

• Love 5

Wow, way to completely misread my comment I can't stand Rachel because of her personality. I find her oversize ego baffling because she doesn't appear to be above average in any way but she acts like she is a cross between Albert Einstein and Angelina Jolie. It's bizarre.

I also never said I would punch Rachel. I am just suprised more people don't lose it with her because she is genuinely terrible in every way. Her sister is a saint to put up with her.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, pivot said:

she is genuinely terrible in every way.

Well, except for the part where almost everyone who meets her IRL thinks she's a sweetheart.  I suppose she might be getting really lucky and only meeting the excessively-forgiving, but I doubt it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Halting Hex said:

Well, except for the part where almost everyone who meets her IRL thinks she's a sweetheart.  I suppose she might be getting really lucky and only meeting the excessively-forgiving, but I doubt it.

Or maybe more likely, she's human and can fall somewhere in the middle.  Some people like her and some people don't.  I'm willing to guess if you asked some of the racers, this would be true there too.  Some like her and some don't.

I have despised Rachel since watching her on the live feeds her first season of Big Brother, and I will happily go on despising her and rooting against her as long as she continues to unfortunately show up on shows I want to watch. I wouldn’t even watch the first two seasons of Amazing race she was on, but really wanted to watch this one, and am doing so in spite of her. She is bitchy, ridiculous, snotty, delusional, impatient, self-absorbed, and awful. 

Her sister doesn’t suck that much, so there’s that. 

• Love 9
23 hours ago, Katesus7 said:

She is bitchy, ridiculous, snotty, delusional, impatient, self-absorbed, and awful. 

An excellent start!  I'd add entitled, whiny, and completely self-unaware.  Her philimination can't come soon enough.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, GenerationX said:

An excellent start!  I'd add entitled, whiny, and completely self-unaware.  Her philimination can't come soon enough.

Considering the drama last leg, I'd say it's a good chance that your wish will come true, because at this rate, it seems obvious that they'd be the targets of the U-turn vote

• Love 1

Ding dong!

Rachel the only reason you did so many legs is that you couldn't win it and they kept inviting you back.

She spit some venom at Chris and Bret for their vote.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, scrb said:

Rachel the only reason you did so many legs is that you couldn't win it and they kept inviting you back.

Or because for whatever reason, CBS reality show casting seems to be in love with Rachel. I just hope she doesn't decide to do Survivor, because out of all the people I want to be the first to do all 3 shows, she's nowhere on my list.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, lexington11 said:

Or because for whatever reason, CBS reality show casting seems to be in love with Rachel. I just hope she doesn't decide to do Survivor, because out of all the people I want to be the first to do all 3 shows, she's nowhere on my list.

Or it could be funny. Just imagine.

*fake crying*. Why they after ME? That's so UnFAIR! They're only after me because I'm Reality Royalty!

'Rachel. You ARE the weakest link. Good-bye!'

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

So Rachel's had a win (on Big Brother) and two 3rds (here), but all Elissa could manage was 6th on BB15 and 7th this season.

Clearly it's time to ditch the anchor, Vegas Red. You may be a goddess…but you're not omnipotent.  C'est la vie…

• Love 1