Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E17 Liar Liar, Room on Fire

American Housewife

Liar Liar, Room on Fire (Season 3 | Episode 17)

8:00PM EST Tuesday | ABC

Katie forgets Greg's birthday, and attempts to make up for it by pulling together a last-minute dinner party. But when the evening falls flat, Katie gets caught up in a series of lies, leading her friends to believe that she and Greg are in marriage counseling.

Airdate: April 9, 2019

I liked when Oliver asked when they were gonna tell their parents and Taylor said when she goes to college then Ana-Kat said no, when she goes to college o which Oliver said "You're both saying the same thing."

• LOL 7
  • Love 9

Poor, dumb Taylor. "I'm all out of pencils. I give up." I knew Oliver was going to spill the paint; I'm surprised it didn't splatter when he opened the lid and it flipped over onto the floor. 

The dinner party was hilarious. I don't remember seeing Doris's husband before but I thought it was funny how he spent the whole time on his phone, and then finally started thinking the party was "fun" once everyone was fighting. 

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Poor, dumb Taylor. "I'm all out of pencils. I give up." I knew Oliver was going to spill the paint; I'm surprised it didn't splatter when he opened the lid and it flipped over onto the floor. 

The dinner party was hilarious. I don't remember seeing Doris's husband before but I thought it was funny how he spent the whole time on his phone, and then finally started thinking the party was "fun" once everyone was fighting. 

The sad part is, it paints Doris's husband like all the "mean housewives'" husbands on the show. They rather ignore anything unless someone is in conflict or they are "wasting" their hard earn money. Sad that Greg seems to be the only husband in town that seems to care about anything or wants to do anything with his family. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Aliconehead said:

Was that Aisha Curry as Angela's girlfriend?

It was Vanessa Lachey.

The young actress who plays Anna-Kat has grown a bit. I'd love to see a storyline where she puts the horsies away and isn't Katie's baby anymore.

I also want to return to Katie having a job. She's more fun when they get her out of the house and around people who don't know her.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, crimsongrl said:

It was Vanessa Lachey.

The young actress who plays Anna-Kat has grown a bit. I'd love to see a storyline where she puts the horsies away and isn't Katie's baby anymore.

I also want to return to Katie having a job. She's more fun when they get her out of the house and around people who don't know her.

Thank you. I could not place her and it was driving me nuts. 

12 hours ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

I love that new commercial where Katie's at the store and runs into Jenna Fisher looking at the clothes.

I never watched The Office and had no idea who she was.  I googled her from your post.  

The Kids Are Alright is another show I watch, and the mom's constant lying in that one was bothering me, though things have improved sort of, but for unknown reasons, Katie's lying didn't bother me much.  In this episode, it was pretty OTT though.

16 hours ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

I love that new commercial where Katie's at the store and runs into Jenna Fisher looking at the clothes.

Saw this for the first time during last week's AH episode.  Walked into the living room, looked up at the tv, and got very confused.

And then I figured out it was a commercial.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Saw this for the first time during last week's AH episode.  Walked into the living room, looked up at the tv, and got very confused.

Yeah that always throws me too. It's a pretty clever way to make you stop fast-forwarding thru the commercials. At first glance you think the show is back on.

• Love 8
On 4/10/2019 at 8:19 PM, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

IMO it was a little odd - like they were trying to be regular shoppers but had clearly never set foot in a JC Penney in their lives.

• LOL 1
On 4/9/2019 at 6:49 PM, Aryanna said:

I liked when Oliver asked when they were gonna tell their parents and Taylor said when she goes to college then Ana-Kat said no, when she goes to college o which Oliver said "You're both saying the same thing."

That was great, lol.

Visible blood!

I don't dislike Katie but it was nice to have her called out a bit for her lying. 

Loved the bit at the end with poor, sweet Greg still trying to have his salon, lol.

• Love 3