Type keyword(s) to search

South Park - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Just now, Lantern7 said:

Anyone want to throw out vague guesses as to how the guys will do their 300th episode?

I hope they move on from the past season's story lines and go back to more random stuff rather than arcs that don't go anywhere half the time.  Would love to be rid of PC Principal (as  I feel they've gone about as far as they can with that), President Garrison, etc.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

So they're going to continue Tegridy Farms while pretending that Kyle never got Canada blown up and Gerald never...oh forget it, what's the point? Figures that their first target is the new Joker.

I've been good with PCP and VPSW. I'm also great with a lack of season-long arcs. If they want to put in a bunch of callbacks in the finale, I'm good with that . . . like Santa getting pissed at how the town treated Mr. Hankey.

• Love 1

Tegridy Farm grew a lot over the past year. Because it's South Park, Randy (and everyone else) employs nothing but undocumented immigrants. I love that the Tegridy tour has both a tram and a boat (a la Living With The Land), and Randy dolls in the gift shop. Oh man, Randy calling ICE on everyone to get rid of the competition is perfect. Randy tossing away his 'tegridy to sell out and eliminate all the local growers? Yep, that's perfectly him.

Of course Cartman would go all-in on ICE and get rid of Kyle that way. Only took 23 seasons to go full Gestapo. And yeah, I love that Cartman thinks the ICE detention center is like the orphanage in Annie.

Yeah, Cartman drinks a suicide drink of ALL the soda at once, plus coffee. I know the feeling. 

"I'm only here because some fat, intolerant asshole didn't want me around." The hands, they're so heavy.

Yeah, you just know that we're creating the next wave of criminals by fucking up these kids. Gotta appreciate that the Mexican Joker puppet was clearly designed after the Caesar Romero version. Irony that Mexican Joker was Randy. He can't live in society.

The ICE director freaking out over being in a flashback, and Kyle converting all the kids to Judaism? Oh my god, genius. I can't wait to see where this goes.

• Love 2

So Tegridy Farms is Randy's spin-off show this season now? Love the intro though. And now he's Towel Joker/Godfather?

Kyle, when are you going to learn that the adults in South Park are all idiots and your speeches will only make things worse?! Yeah, the only prejudice the right-wing care about is antisemitism, so of course they only release the kids when covered to Judaism.

This season is going to be wild.

That was fun. It's a shame I won't be watching "live" because I'll be digging into whatever train wreck the final thirty minutes of The Challenge turns into on that week . . . but as long as I extend the end time, I should be good.

Please please PLEASE let Randy suffer a massive breakdown and dress like a towel, threatening the people of South Park. Right now, he's lost his got-danged 'tegridy. Happily, hes not being a burden on the plot. For now.

Cartman pulls the most epic of asshole moves, and Kyle inadvertedly gives birth to a supervillain. Yeah, it really helps when the characters are so one-dimensional . . . but it's ICE. Fuck 'em. I did like the idea of the head guy trying to figure out if he was in a flashback. Also: I figured Kyle would bail everyone out with the aluminum foil and scissors. Nope . . . he holds a Jewish service, with the kids wearing yarmulkes. Including Cartman. Damn, he must have been that desperate to get the fuck out.

Anybody think we'd live in a world where Towelie might actually pull his weight as an ongoing supporting character?

56 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

Of course Cartman would go all-in on ICE and get rid of Kyle that way. Only took 23 seasons to go full Gestapo.

Wouldn't the march in "The Passion of the Jew" be just as bad, if not worse?

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Wouldn't the march in "The Passion of the Jew" be just as bad, if not worse?

Oh man almost forgot about that one.

10 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Anybody think we'd live in a world where Towelie might actually pull his weight as an ongoing supporting character?

Not one bit, and I definitely didn't expect  that old "You're a towel!" line to become a rallying cry.

• Love 1

It's a wild wild day when Steven Stotch is not the worst guy in a storyline.  I'm actually surprised he didn't find a way to blame Butters for his homegrown getting destroyed.

Good to know Stan has Kyle and Jimmy's back by calling ICE on Cartman.  Still we have not seen Ike, could Ike possibly be a Mexican Joker?

Looks like we're back to a season long arc.  I'm intrigued where this will go and I'm sold so far.

• Love 1

I thought the episode was a little flat, but I did think that Mexican Joker was kind of funny.  South Park still staying current with the upcoming Joaquin Phoenix movie.

Randy being involved with those guys who blew up all those backyards, along with several people apparently, that's harsh.  Cartman I could believe.  Maybe Randy didn't know the details, that would be consistent with his character.

• Love 2

I loved the opening. I also am very glad Hulu is uncensored because Randy saying fuuuuuuck you was hilarious. 

I normally laugh at Cartman's antics but that was some cold shit.

Kyle's plan was complete brilliance.

Loved the Godfather style ending too. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic

The reveal that Stan's band was death metal was fantastic. Adding in Butters' voice to it was just icing on the cake.

It just felt like poetic justice that Randy would end up in a Chinese prison. With Winnie The Pooh. And then killing him with piano wire. Yes, he's really forbidden in China.

Oh my God I love that Mickey came back. I never knew I wanted to see him baked on Tegridy until now. And it was everything I hoped.

"What's South Park, do I own that?"
"Not yet, sir."

"What, are you kids from the 90s?!" I see what you did there.

Oh my god I loved seeing Fingerbang coming back.

• Love 5

Boy, Stan has a lot of pent up anger from being stuck on the farm.

LMAO the return of Evil Mickey and the Disney characters for the win! At least it was until Randy murdered Pooh. God, I hate this show sometimes.

FINGERBANG! Holy crap that was unexpected.

Kyle and Cartman are back from the detention center but what about Kyle's family? Wouldn't hate it if Gerald was still locked up somewhere...

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 1

"Why are you covered in blood and honey? Did you kill Winnie the Pooh?"

The season is going strong going into its 300th episode next week. Randy is smart enough to see a market, but dumb enough to actually bring his product to China. And he winds up selling out some more, as poor, poor Pooh Bear pays the price. Anyone else half-expecting Piglet to wind up hanging outside of a market?

Who was playing as the band? Dethklok? I'm thinking Randy's parental neglect might be worse than Gerald insigating shit two years ago. On the bright side, I think that will be reflected in the credits all season. I liked the return of the Producer (based on that guy from The Partridge Family?) and Fingerbang. Stan rewriting the biopic with the Chinese official was also unexpectedly funny. And yeah, China sees to have too much pull in global media. Sadly, Randy didn't take Butters along. Lots of people would've gotten shot in the dick.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

It just felt like poetic justice that Randy would end up in a Chinese prison. With Winnie The Pooh. And then killing him with piano wire.

Randy's turning into quite the gangster.  He was involved in the terrorist bombings last week, and now this week he kills Winnie the Pooh.

Loved seeing Fingerbang again, and I will never get tired of seeing Mickey ha ha.

Then there's the reference to last week's episode with Kyle and Cartman returning from the detention camp.  I'm not sure why, but continuity on this show seems more satisfying than on most.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

I'm thinking Randy's parental neglect might be worse than Gerald insigating shit two years ago. 

I actually agree. Randy has officially gone Peter Griffin levels of terrible--or more accurately, Heisenberg. I have a feeling that at the very least Tegridy Farms will be going down by season's end.

Episode 2:

"Band in China"

Randy lands himself in big trouble on a visit to China. Meanwhile, Stan starts a band to work out his frustration over having to move away from South Park.

Aired October 2, 2019.

19 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I actually agree. Randy has officially gone Peter Griffin levels of terrible--or more accurately, Heisenberg. I have a feeling that at the very least Tegridy Farms will be going down by season's end.

I totally get Breaking Bad vibes from Randy considering how many times he's "doing it for his family."

Well that was all over the place in a good way.  I take it the biopic was a rip on Bohemian Rhapsody with the Live Aid scene at the end.  I just died at the death metal stuff plus a bonus return of Fingerbang (with guitar riffing Butters).

"What are you kids from, the 90s?". Lol, indeed.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

You're not alone.  One of the worst season premieres I can remember.

I'm happy to have less focus on PC Principal, President Garrison, etc, but this isn't a whole lot bettter.

3 hours ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

Trying to make a sometimes-funny background character as the main lead never works.  Nobody cares that much about Randy.

I like Randy, but he doesn't need to be the main character.  

Stan's remarks about hating living so far from town might be a clue that they will be moving back from Tegrity Farms at some point.

• Love 1
On 10/2/2019 at 8:30 PM, Galileo908 said:

It just felt like poetic justice that Randy would end up in a Chinese prison. With Winnie The Pooh. And then killing him with piano wire. Yes, he's really forbidden in China.

Soon as I saw Winnie the Pooh, I was dying.

The show has been on for literally decades. I don't mind them flipping it up to expand the storytelling possibilities.

Randy was kind of dumb being pissed off about everyone going to China on the plane though. They weren't actual competition. One guy wanted to boost NBA ratings. He should have partnered with him.

All that commentary on China was really spot on.

I cracked up more when Stan untucked his hair from his hat before he started singing than they were playing death metal.

Good quick line about how "PC babies cry at everything!"

• Love 4

The scenario that South Park portrayed with China is happening right now with the NBA.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/south-park-banned-chinese-internet-critical-episode-1245783

Great episode, definitely much better than the season premiere.  I'm glad someone in the entertainment industry finally stood up to China.  Only in South Park does Winnie the Pooh get garroted to death and of course it would be by Randy.  A lot of fun, including Stan's death metal band.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 2

The Big Three-Oh-Oh this week!

NEW YORK, October 7, 2019 –The show’s creators celebrate the THIRD episode of Tegridy Farms in the episode titled, “SHOTS!!!” airing on Wednesday, October 9 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

This week, Randy revels in a Tegridy Farms milestone. Meanwhile, Cartman stands his ground and refuses to get a shot.

In honor of the 300th episode of South Park, Comedy Central will host an all-day series marathon starting at 9 a.m. ET/PT on October 9. All-new episodes from this season will be available to stream in HD exclusively on South Park Studios and Hulu the day after they premiere. Fans will continue to have next-day access to new episodes, as well as the entire “South Park” library, across all internet-connected devices with a Hulu subscription. New episodes and a selection of curated episodes will be available to stream on SouthPark.cc.com, cc.com and the Comedy Central App.

Wow, Cartman isn't vaccinated. That's quite a shock. Liane does look like she wouldn't have that done to her precious boy. And it looks like the boys might suffer because of it.

ETA: Here are my SPandMe results from a few weeks ago. I think "depressing" just about cover it.

SPandMe.png.aa11bbb9d77686ecd0a0b48a4ccad55d.png

Edited by Lantern7
  • LOL 1
36 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

The Big Three-Oh-Oh this week!

Wow, Cartman isn't vaccinated. That's quite a shock. Liane does look like she wouldn't have that done to her precious boy. And it looks like the boys might suffer because of it.

ETA: Here are my SPandMe results from a few weeks ago. I think "depressing" just about cover it.

SPandMe.png.aa11bbb9d77686ecd0a0b48a4ccad55d.png

That site is fucked up.  25% in and I'm Token Black.  How the fuck they know I'm black?

And then I end up 33% for Stan and Clyde.  I am confused. LOL

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

So the show is spending their 300th episode giving the finger to anti-vaxxers?  I approve!

From what I heard, the guys aren't celebrating as hard as with their 100th and 200th episodes. Basically, it would be Plot of the Week, Featuring Randy Selling Out Some More.

ETA: 

13 hours ago, OnceSane said:

That site is fucked up.  25% in and I'm Token Black.  How the fuck they know I'm black?

And then I end up 33% for Stan and Clyde.  I am confused. LOL

My heart weeps for you. The first set of results had me leaning with the City Wok guy. And look at what I wound up with: the tertiary character with diabetes that makes Butters look cool, the head Goth Kid, Mr. Hankey, another tertiary kid, poor Sharon Marsh, the "hero" from "You Have Zero Friends," and Butters' fucking sidekick for his Professor Chaos episodes.

Edited by Lantern7
  • LOL 4

Damn you quiz.  I'm 47% Kevin Stoley, 28% Scott Malkinson ( and I am NOT a Trekkie or have diabetes).  Basically I am doomed to be berated by Cartman.

In the "less than 10%" I am Clyde Frog (hee!), Heidi, Token, and Lisa Burger.  That... actually makes way more sense.

Make way for 300.  Of course Cartman is anti-vax.  Bring it on show.  Something tells me South Park loses herd immunity which results in a long overdue Kenny death.

• LOL 2
48 minutes ago, mariah23 said:

Well since we’re talking about SP and me results:

f8bad729-afb9-4afd-ac1c-0980532ba1a1.jpe

Okay, that is also disappointing. Only one character remotely approaching main cast in Token. And if you get Mimsy, I think that's the algorithm flipping the bird at you.

You got Token's dad. Damn, how many characters are available on this thing?!?

ETA: Who the fuck is Lisa Berger?!?

Edited by Lantern7