Type keyword(s) to search

In The Dark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I think Gene did know Dean was corrupt-- Dean was constantly coaching him on how to get away with stuff. I don't think he realized Dean was a murderer, and that's what finally woke him up and made him want to do the right thing. But he's still too bro-ish with Josh, never really reining him in.

The other thing Josh did this week was bug the chief's office. I mean... surely that alone will sink his ship, if they figure out he's the one who did it.

• Love 3
On 8/24/2022 at 3:17 PM, tennisgurl said:

This was a shockingly decent episode, probably because we had a fun heist instead of batshit crazy Josh and everyone blaming Murphy for every single thing that has ever gone wrong. Felix even got to contribute in a meaningful way. Plus, Pretzel sighting! 

Max seems like he's been a dead man walking since he and Murphy got engaged. RIP Darnell. You looked good in a suit. 

I'll give the show this, they do pick good music. Too bad they rarely give us good writing. 

Did Darnell die? Why did you say RIP? If he did, I missed it.

Edited by snarkysnarkerson
21 hours ago, snarkysnarkerson said:

Did Darnell die? Why did you say RIP? If he did, I missed it.

The end of the episode before this one was Murphy and Darnell walking into an elevator, then it cut to Murphy crying, freaking out and touching a body in a tuxedo with a lot of blood. Total fake out and I fell for it, although I was predicting that Max wasn't going to live through this season either.

I will be bitterly disappointed if Josh's ass isn't thrown in jail for calling McKay and blowing the whole police sting.

ETA: after the cops get through with Josh he really needs to be committed to a mental institution for awhile. He's trying to get Murphy killed now, not because of Nia, but because Murphy  doesn't want to date him. 

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 3

Welp, that was disturbing! 

I’ll admit, I kind of hated Murphy for most of the show’s run, and she was generally a terrible person, but like Felix said: She. Never. Killed. Anyone. Like WTF, she suffered enough. Couldn’t they have just let her go off with Max and be happy? What a horrible horrible ending. 

Poor Pretzel. Who takes their dog with them to commit a murder? And I feel bad for Felix, too, since he tried to talk Murphy out of it, and now I’m sure he’s probably an accomplice, or whatever, since he was her driver. 

Truly awful series finale!

• Love 6

How did it end? I got a phone just when the stabbing started - guess it wasn’t a fantasy?  That sucks.

I don’t know much about service dogs but is it normal for them to stay calm when there’s yelling and fighting and murder happening all around them?

11 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

guess it wasn’t a fantasy?  That sucks.

I thought for sure it was a fantasy or a dream, especially since the lighting seemed different at that point.

Is there any chance Murphy can get away with this, after announcing at Max's funeral that she was going to go after his killer? For me it was a very unsatisfying ending.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, SonofaBiscuit said:

Truly awful series finale!

It really was. Murphy sniggering in the front seat after committing a violent, premeditated murder is a terrible ending.

And ditto to poor Felix. He's definitely an accomplice. Way to repay his friendship, Murphy.

At least this crap show is finally over.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

I guess I will give the show this, they really do pick great music. Johnny Cash is always a good way to end a show. Too bad the rest wasn't as good...

I wanted Josh locked up not dead by Murphy's hand, that would have been a much more karmic ending for him and Murphy could have started to rebuild her life, but now she's a murderer (for real this time) and she could end up in prison anyway if she gets caught. And Felix would go to jail as an accessory as well. What a messed up finale. 

What a weird and unpleasant show this turned out to be, I'm just glad its over and I wont feel the need to see what comes next. Its too bad, because it had the bones of a good show, but it just turned out to be a miserable stupid show, and it had a miserable stupid ending. 

I'll miss Pretzel, the shows only likable character.

• Like 3
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

How did it end? I got a phone just when the stabbing started - guess it wasn’t a fantasy?  That sucks.

I don’t know much about service dogs but is it normal for them to stay calm when there’s yelling and fighting and murder happening all around them?

You probably saw the part where Josh was trying to escape out the front door using his mouth to pull down the door handle (since his hands were bound behind his back, I believe). Murphy stabbed him in the back, he fell on his back, and then she stabbed him one or two more times in the chest. Like, I found it really disturbing how pleased she was with herself - it was giving me Dexter Morgan vibes. Yikes.

Then Murphy called to Pretzel, they walked out the front door (stepping over Josh's dead body, possibly...I don't want to watch that again), and she made her way to like a convenience store, or something. The kid at the counter didn't notice that she had blood all over her clothes, since he was playing on his phone. She grabbed some clothes from the racks, washed up and changed in the bathroom, and placed her bloody clothing in some garbage bags. Then she threw the garbage bags of clothes in a dumpster and smoked a cigarette until Felix came to pick her up. Felix did ask why she was wearing the clothes she had on, so it seemed like he knew something was up, but they just drove off. 

Like, I know it's just a stupid show, but that ending made me feel really uneasy! Murphy was kind of a crappy person, but I don't know how we got from there to relishing killing another human being. Ugh.

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, SonofaBiscuit said:

You probably saw the part where Josh was trying to escape out the front door using his mouth to pull down the door handle (since his hands were bound behind his back, I believe). Murphy stabbed him in the back, he fell on his back, and then she stabbed him one or two more times in the chest. Like, I found it really disturbing how pleased she was with herself - it was giving me Dexter Morgan vibes. Yikes.

Then Murphy called to Pretzel, they walked out the front door (stepping over Josh's dead body, possibly...I don't want to watch that again), and she made her way to like a convenience store, or something. The kid at the counter didn't notice that she had blood all over her clothes, since he was playing on his phone. She grabbed some clothes from the racks, washed up and changed in the bathroom, and placed her bloody clothing in some garbage bags. Then she threw the garbage bags of clothes in a dumpster and smoked a cigarette until Felix came to pick her up. Felix did ask why she was wearing the clothes she had on, so it seemed like he knew something was up, but they just drove off. 

Like, I know it's just a stupid show, but that ending made me feel really uneasy! Murphy was kind of a crappy person, but I don't know how we got from there to relishing killing another human being. Ugh.

Thanks for the recap - ugggh that is literally the worst series finale i’ve ever seen, and I actually loved the LOST finale so that’s how easy to please I am lol

Felix seemed like he had the potential to be decent, so of course Murphy had to crap on that as well.  I actually felt bad for Josh.  He did a horrible thing but I don’t believe it was his intention for Max to die.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

He did a horrible thing but I don’t believe it was his intention for Max to die.

It might not have been his intention, but Max's death crushed Murphy, and he certainly wanted that. When Murphy was talking about the impact Max's death had on her in her eulogy, Josh was smiling. It was fun to see that turn into a look of horror when he realized Murphy meant what she said about going after whoever was responsible for Max's death.

Ugh, poor Pretzel, stuck with such awful people.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

The epilogue in my mind: Felix sees the light about Murphy and gets a reduced sentence by turning her in.  Gene gets custody of Pretzel, who easily transitions into a crime-solving dog because he’d spent so much of his life around shady people.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

He did a horrible thing but I don’t believe it was his intention for Max to die.

No, all he wanted was to put Murphy away in prison for the rest of her life, despite her being innocent of the crime he was convinced for no reason that she committed.

I actually think having her totally lacking in remorse was a more satisfying ending than having her fail to kill him, or some other non-resolution. The transformation of all these people into increasingly monstrous was really horrifying, but in a way I liked it more than having it just be more meandering bumbling and endless chase.

She will probably be caught, but she doesn't care. She will jump off a ledge or become the next prison boss or some other awful fate, but that's what happens when you completely give up.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

People loved Walter White? Gross 

Murphy was often a terrible person, but I never hated her. I did hate this ending tho. I wanted nothing more than for Josh to die horribly, but when he did, it was disturbing, wholly unsatisfying, and even nauseating. I don't know how they thought this was an ending that would make most fans happy. 

• Like 2
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, possibilities said:

No, all he wanted was to put Murphy away in prison for the rest of her life, despite her being innocent of the crime he was convinced for no reason that she committed.

That was his motive for most of the season, but after she turned him down when he tried to kiss her a few episodes back, and he called McKay to blow her cover...yeah, he was trying to get her killed because she didn't want to be his girlfriend.

Ironically, he turned her into a killer after all.

• Love 8
On 9/8/2022 at 7:43 PM, ripple596 said:

Josh deserved it.

No, Josh deserved to go blind in prison as a former law enforcement and IRS officer.

And then to get a visit from a certain person who admits that she was the one who killed Nia and that Murphy was innocent THE ENTIRE TIME.

• Applause 1
  • Love 6

I am not onboard with how this series ended.  I never hate hated Murphy, despite her having her faults like everyone else had.  Josh met a deserved end, but I don't like how it was at the hands of Murphy.

I hope Murphy, Felix and Pretzel (especially Pretzel) make it to a nice place in Canada and have a wonderful rest of their lives.

At least we got to see Chloe again.

• Love 3
On 9/10/2022 at 7:12 PM, oompa said:

No, Josh deserved to go blind in prison as a former law enforcement and IRS officer.

And then to get a visit from a certain person who admits that she was the one who killed Nia and that Murphy was innocent THE ENTIRE TIME.

Now THAT would have been an ending!

I did want Murphy to beat the ever-loving snot out of Josh though, and leave him broken and bleeding (and trussed up) on the floor of the cabin! And a nice call to Gene about where to pick him up. 

Then the scenario above....

• Love 8

Looking back, there were too many comments about Murphy not killing anyone.  Well, now she has.  Conclusion, she is a bad person.  I don't care for the way this morphed.  A blind woman running a dog assistance rescue who became intertwined with the drug culture, to a cold hearted killer.  All, who had faith in her, were deceived: Max, Felix, Lindsay, Darnell, her mom - all of them.  She no better than Samatha in prison.  Uncertain how the show will progress.  Terrible ending. 

• Like 1
On 10/3/2022 at 9:17 AM, Madison59 said:

Looking back, there were too many comments about Murphy not killing anyone.  Well, now she has.  Conclusion, she is a bad person.  I don't care for the way this morphed.  A blind woman running a dog assistance rescue who became intertwined with the drug culture, to a cold hearted killer.  All, who had faith in her, were deceived: Max, Felix, Lindsay, Darnell, her mom - all of them.  She no better than Samatha in prison.  Uncertain how the show will progress.  Terrible ending. 

The show is over.  This was the series finale.