Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ottoDbusdriver

S06.E12: Bastien Moreau: Conclusion

Recommended Posts

Episode Description:

Cooper puts his reputation on the line to appeal to the White House on Red's behalf, as Liz and the Task Force resume their search for The Corsican, a Blacklister with ties to an international conspiracy. Meanwhile, Samar's abilities in the field are tested.

Share this post


Link to post

Too bad Red could not request a public execution in the town square....then there could be a Pirates Of The Caribbean / Robin Hood style rescue op....

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

That was underwhelming.  Sure, we knew all along that Red wouldn't be executed, but it was just all so boring.

I'm pretty sure that Anna McMahon from Main Justice is shtupping the President.  And the secret service agent in the White House is the assassin that killed Moreau. so he must be one of her minions.

What's The Princip Initiative ?  Don't know.  Really don't care.  All we do know is that the flash drive is under a chair in the house of a teenage girl.
Is McMahon trying to initiate a false flag attack on the US to justify attacking another country ?  Because that's what I think she is up to.  And somehow Miles found out, and told the German Intel chief.

I thought for sure that Samar was going to jump off the roof, after enjoying that one last cigarette.  Instead, she just up and quit instead of telling Cooper.

Lizzie was basically useless all episode.

She put through Red though all of that -- prison, trial, and threatened execution -- to exact a confession about who he was, and she couldn't be bothered to ask the question because she didn't want to know anymore.  How's she going to explain that to Jennifer ?

I wonder where the jar of bug juice is ??

At least Vontay got a pardon, so something good came out of all of this.

Still no sign or mention of Agnes or the dogs.  :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Ressler is terrible at foot chasing.  The first attempt, he couldn't catch up and lost Moreau (a man twice his age) in a group of construction workers. The second attempt at a chase, he (learned his lesson) let Liz run and jumped in the SUV (made the quickest K turn in TV history).  

Red should be thanking Copper everyday!

Felt sorry the lady courier got stabbed and glad Moreau took a bullet to the head.

Samar saying goodbye to Copper was sad. I wonder if she won't survive next week.

Was Liz needed this episode (actress  picked up a check for doing nothing)?

When the 4 people were playing the game, I wasn't paying full attention and thought it was a TV commercial. When Red said "cunnilingus", I said what kind of f*@king commercial for a game is this? Then realized the show was back on.

8 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

At least Vontay got a pardon, so something good came out of all of this.

Now that he's out, I hope Red buys him eyeglasses frames smaller than what he's currently wearing.

Edited by mxc90
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

When the 4 people were playing the game, I wasn't paying full attention and thought it was a TV commercial. When Red said "cunnilingus", I said what kind of f*@king commercial for a game is this? Then realized the show was back on.

Red wasn't very subtle once he got of prison -- if you wagered that Red would be discussing talking about masturbating tigers, ding, ding, ding, you are the winner. 

I laughed when Red got our of prison and Lizzie was genuinely shocked that Red had no idea where to find the assassin that killed the German Intel chief.
Really, Lizzie, this is not the first time Red has bluffed to get what he wants.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

She put through Red though all of that -- prison, trial, and threatened execution -- to exact a confession about who he was, and she couldn't be bothered to ask the question because she didn't want to know anymore.  How's she going to explain that to Jennifer ?

Yeah, and her husband was murdered for trying to solve this mystery, and now she just doesn't care?

By the way, why can't she and Jennifer get DNA tests? As half-sisters, they should have That Red's DNA in common. Getting This Red's DNA should be easy. Then come right out and ask him who he is and why he's been pretending to be That Red for 30-odd years.

ETA:

On second thought, a DNA comparison only works if This Red is a Rostova relative. If he actually is related to Original Red then it won't prove much of anything.

After 2 seasons of dragging this out and killing off characters I like (Mr Kaplan and Tom) in service of protecting this non-secret I'm tired of this mystery. They really ought to come clean by the end of this season anyway. This Red not being That Red doesn't really change the premise of the show or the relationships that This Red has with the core characters, so why not wrap this plot up?

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Dembe playing charades with the group was the highlight of the episode.  Who knew?

I give those actors credit: they looked legitimately scared to be around Dembe (the director must have told them to relax and act natural).

When Samar, Ressler, and the other agents entered the apartment, Samar was one of the last to enter but she was the first to engage Moreau. The apartment wasn't that big, where did the others go? How did they miss him?

Edited by mxc90
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

The Highlander movie cast reunion ended badly for all involved - Hart & Lambert...

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, mxc90 said:

When the 4 people were playing the game, I wasn't paying full attention and thought it was a TV commercial. When Red said "cunnilingus", I said what kind of f*@king commercial for a game is this? Then realized the show was back on.

Thank god I wasn't the only one. I flipped away when the show went to commercial and flipped back just as the scene began. I was about to flip away again until Red spoke. 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

This show has to get better at some point.

Sure hope so, because they've thrown any semblance of reality out the window and absurdity seems to have taken over.

As soon as I saw Benito Martinez I knew the president was corrupt. He hardly ever plays a good guy.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, preeya said:

As soon as I saw Benito Martinez I knew the president was corrupt. He hardly ever plays a good guy.

Yeah, I thought at least with him it will be a somewhat interesting story arc.  Of course as usual it's just another b.s. way for TBL to veer away from the origin story to drag out the show.  I estimate that this show could have been wrapped up by season 3 had they gone with the initial story.  I'm not sure I'll ever watch another show that is produced by the same people that produced this one again.

Edited by Just my 2 cents
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I was gone last night and figured to watch this episode online. But reading here, I'm not sure I care enough to see how Red got out of prison. Although Dembe playing charades would be interesting, maybe the only good part?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

By the way, why can't she and Jennifer get DNA tests? As half-sisters, they should have That Red's DNA in common.

Maybe they aren't even half sisters or even partly sisters. There's always that. I'm guessing Jennifer is with Agnes and the dogs now, and I haven't even seen the episode yet.

Edited by saber5055
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Maybe they aren't even half sisters or even partly sisters. There's always that. I'm guessing Jennifer is with Agnes and the dogs now, and I haven't even seen the episode yet.

That's the thing -- even DNA tests have been faked on this show so they can't even be trusted.  Maybe Lizzie and Jennifer need to secretly 23 and Me/Ancestry DNA themselves, and see if any connections are discovered independently.  It would be hilarious to find out that they don't have a common parent, and that both of Lizzie's parents are still alive somewhere.

  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

So Liz, that was all about what? You put him in prison, maybe you just didn;t think it through. (so to with the writers).

How is Moreau threatening Red with Dembe sitting across from him?

And yes, Rensler is the worst as chasing people.

I guess Red will take the President down. So in a TV fantasy world, there are actual consequences for a President to be a traitorous criminal, unlike the real world.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/23/2019 at 12:09 AM, mxc90 said:

....Samar saying goodbye to Copper was sad. I wonder if she won't survive next week...…

In the long run, it seems likely that Red will find some way to help Samar (The Pharmacist - Stark). The damage from her near drowning was due to hypoxia, lack of oxygen. The damage was done at the time of the event. It does not get worse over time. Besides, in many cases, patients with her level of aphasia often improve in the short term. The writers must have done enough research to give themselves an out for her condition else her contract will not be renewed or she leaves on her own which would be unfortunate. The show needs a strong woman character. IMO.

Stark in custody....

Dembe: "He made a significant investment into your research. If you are unable to deliver on schedule..."

Stark: "No,no. Tell Mr. Reddington I'm making progress. My situation here won't interfere."

Dembe:  "I certainly hope not. Mr. Reddington is counting on you."

Stark nods in agreement....

ETA. While NBC has announced that TBL has been renewed for season 7, Aram, Samar and Dembe have not, as yet, had their contracts renewed, but rather just the"original cast members".

Edited by VinceW
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/22/2019 at 11:41 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

Instead, she just up and quit instead of telling Cooper.

You just know Aram is going to say something to Cooper about Samar's neurological issues only to find out that Cooper had no idea. Samar should know this. I guess she's afraid to appear weak?

On 3/22/2019 at 11:41 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

She put through Red though all of that -- prison, trial, and threatened execution -- to exact a confession about who he was, and she couldn't be bothered to ask the question because she didn't want to know anymore.  How's she going to explain that to Jennifer?

18 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

Yeah, and her husband was murdered for trying to solve this mystery, and now she just doesn't care?

Yes, I guess Tom died for nothing. Oh, well.

On 3/23/2019 at 12:09 AM, mxc90 said:

When the 4 people were playing the game, I wasn't paying full attention and thought it was a TV commercial. When Red said "cunnilingus", I said what kind of f*@king commercial for a game is this? Then realized the show was back on.

I absolutely thought it was a commercial, too, and then it got really explicit for a commercial!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, VinceW said:
On 3/23/2019 at 12:09 AM, mxc90 said:

....Samar saying goodbye to Copper was sad. I wonder if she won't survive next week...…

In the long run, it seems likely that Red will find some way to help her. The damage from her near drowning was due to hypoxia, lack of oxygen. The damage was done at the time of the event. It does not get worse over time. Besides, in many cases, patients with her level of aphasia often improve in the short term. The writers must have done enough research to give themselves an out for her condition else her contract has not been renewed and she is gone which is unfortunate. The show needs a strong woman character. IMO.

Thank you for this info.

Sorry! I wasn't clear with my comment about Samar. In the preview for next week, I think Cooper said the team is being targeted (or something like that). So I wondered if Samar will be sacrificed for this plot. 

On 3/23/2019 at 1:37 AM, ottoDbusdriver said:

Red wasn't very subtle once he got of prison -- if you wagered that Red would be discussing talking about masturbating tigers, ding, ding, ding, you are the winner. 

He sure wasn't. The things you pick up in prison! Terrible place!

4 hours ago, edhopper said:

And yes, Rensler is the worst as chasing people

The worst. Once in a while, criminals should be nice: give him the running route and offer for him to go first. He still won't catch them but at least it was thought that counts.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/24/2019 at 1:51 AM, ItCouldBeWorse said:

You just know Aram is going to say something to Cooper about Samar's neurological issues only to find out that Cooper had no idea. Samar should know this. I guess she's afraid to appear weak?

That was an odd decision on her part to not tell Cooper that she was struggling with medical side effects from her accident. Samar was feeling guilt over the death of the former MI6 operative, but she should have been honest with her boss and not just walk away. I am sure that Aram did not expect her to just quit when he urged her to tell Cooper because he can be her rock and a support system. She just needs to get proper help for her aphasia. Perhaps the writers needed her to act this way in order to put her in danger for a future episode that deals with former agents being targeted by a group of assassins.

Edited by VinceW
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I realize this is pointless, and will probably never be resolved, but I still see no reason how Red doing everything he has done to "protect" Lizzie makes any sense.  It seems Liz would have been better off if she had never known Red, Dembe, Mr. Kaplan, or Tom.  Red was the one who sent Tom to Liz in the first place, and he spent the first season telling Lizzie she couldn't trust Tom.  Tom was murdered because of what he was trying to find out about Red.  Liz turned Red in for nothing because she never got an answer to the question she just had to have answered.  They had the awesome Mr. Kaplan bring down Red's organization for nothing.  They just keep going in circles.

Now the President of the USA and his assistant are the bad guys?  Why do I have the feeling this is ultimately going nowhere to?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

Now the President of the USA and his assistant are the bad guys?  Why do I have the feeling this is ultimately going nowhere to?

Lizzie has already shot and killed the Attorney-General and managed to get a Presidential pardon thanks to Reddington, maybe she will level up -- and then somehow get a pardon from the VP that replaces the President.  After all, they can't put Lizzie in jail because she's a mom, dontcha know.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

 because she's a mom, dontcha know.

Wait, what?  When did that happen?  I'm surprised they didn't write that into the plot or something.

Regarding Samar's condition, a few episodes back, wasn't Red trying to obtain some sort of drug or treatment for a degenerative disease?  It wasn't very specific, and I think that plotline was dropped, but I wonder if they're holding that back for a future episode. 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

Wait, what?  When did that happen?  I'm surprised they didn't write that into the plot or something.

Regarding Samar's condition, a few episodes back, wasn't Red trying to obtain some sort of drug or treatment for a degenerative disease?  It wasn't very specific, and I think that plotline was dropped, but I wonder if they're holding that back for a future episode. 

 

I've read on some other sites that Red's introduction of that drug could very well be the plan to attempt to save Samar.

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, edhopper said:

So Liz, that was all about what? You put him in prison, maybe you just didn;t think it through. (so to with the writers).

How is Moreau threatening Red with Dembe sitting across from him?

And yes, Rensler is the worst as chasing people.

I guess Red will take the President down. So in a TV fantasy world, there are actual consequences for a President to be a traitorous criminal, unlike the real world.

Red was adamant about finding who put him in prison.  Did the writers forget about that?

Wouldn't you cover the fire escape/back door during a raid?

Moeeau would’ve been shot by Dembe when he put the password in for the usb.  

I think the actress playing  Samar just got sick of this dreck and wants out.

When will this ever end?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I finally watched this episode. I was fooled along with everyone else with that "fake commercial," the people playing charades. I got up to fix dinner and when I came back, I'm thinking that was the shortest commercial break in the history of commercial breaks.

I'm not sure what was up with the writers (or Spader) wanting to expound on masturbating tigers and cunnilingus. Geesh. Then the WASP charades players being all freaky about the big black man joining in their game ... I'm just not sure what to think about all of those things. So I'm not. Thinking about them.

LOL that Lizzie yelling: "FBI! STOP!" doesn't even get pedestrians to stop walking, much less the perp.

And when Moreau gets shot, Ressler asks which way the shot came from and Lizzie says, "the north." WTH? Were they in their own neighborhood or something? It's pitch black night, which way is north?

I guess Red is back to the beginning of season 1, the FBI's Most Wanted No. 1, yet he'll walk all around the globe without being recognized. Well, until Lizzie calls in to tell some beat cop that Raymond Reddington is buying a pretzel from that street vendor.

I'm guessing the writers have ditched the "Who's my daddy" story line, this after six years. And all I can say is "Thank you." I hope Tom gave the dogs those bones to gnaw on.

Meanwhile, the Task Force continues to operate with no HR department. You're hired, you quit, yada, yada. Do any of these guys get paychecks or severance pay? Will Samar sign up for Cobra? Transfer to a desk job? Still live with Aram? Or disappear forever? Stay tuned for answers to these and other equally pressing questions.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I'm guessing the writers have ditched the "Who's my daddy" story line, this after six years. And all I can say is "Thank you." I hope Tom gave the dogs those bones to gnaw on.

Nice !!

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, saber5055 said:

….Will Samar sign up for Cobra?Transfer to a desk job? Still live with Aram? Or disappear forever? Stay tuned for answers to these and other equally pressing questions.

Samar goes into hiding with Reddington's help after confrontation with task force assassins?  Samar missing from the show at this point will forestall the highly touted love story put forth by the show runner at the beginning of the season.

Edited by VinceW

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, saber5055 said:

And when Moreau gets shot, Ressler asks which way the shot came from and Lizzie says, "the north." WTH? Were they in their own neighborhood or something? It's pitch black night, which way is north?

Doncha' know that there's a big star in the sky. Lizzie the sailor doesn't even need a sextant to determine direction.

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×