Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

So what does Amy have against the beautiful islands of Hawaii?  I think that would be very romantic.

Khate Gosselin talked TLC into helping to pay for a Hawaiian vow renewal the year before they got divorced.  

TLC has already paid for one Roloff Hawaiian vacation; maybe they weren't willing to spring for another trip for any of them, so Amy's having to figure out her own venue.

I suspect that TLC is paying to film the wedding ON THE FARM.  If they're not, I would think that Amy and #herman would choose somewhere else - anywhere else - on their own dime.

Run, Chris . . . RUN!!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

So what does Amy have against the beautiful islands of Hawaii?  I think that would be very romantic.

Not wanting a Hawaiian themed wedding does not in any way equal hatred or dislike of the Hawaiian Islands. 

This may shock some but... some people think Hawaiian shirts and grass skirts and tiki huts all in glorious color are overly tacky. Not me - I like not having to match my clothes, but I'm offering a reason other than irrational hatred. Frankly a lot of "Hawaiian" themed stuff that doesn't come from Hawaii looks cheap and poorly made. 

Personally I wouldn't go nuts with a wedding but the heart wants and I don't think Amy has been shy about wanting a traditional wedding. Traditional weddings involve the groom in a suit. Chris should have some awareness of that, and of the preferences of the person he's marrying. From a bridezilla standpoint, are we really saying insisting the groom wear a nice suit is unreasonable?

*For the record, I'd love to attend a Hawaiian themed wedding. I'd also love to attend a "Romney" American Gypsy wedding and sorta laughed when someone said Amy's tryout wedding dress looked like a gypsy bling dress because no, it didn't. It would need a ton more Swarovski crystals (these specifically and the more the better) a train at least thirty feet long, a tiara, flashing lights and a year's supply of crinoline from a sewing shop.

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I suspect that TLC is paying to film the wedding ON THE FARM.  If they're not, I would think that Amy and #herman would choose somewhere else - anywhere else - on their own dime.

Well, obviously. Do you really think Matt would allow it if he wasn't getting paid by TLC? Seriously, I don't like the man, and yet I see no reason for him to feel obligated to host his ex wife's wedding on property he had to mortgage to the hilt to get into just his name. Matt's obviously being paid by TLC to help promote the only storyline anyone is willing to participate in.

• Love 5

In the sneak peak trailer, Chris is annoyed that Amy is cluttering up the house with her stuff and not leaving any 'space' for him. What makes Chris think that she will give him any space after the wedding? Amy has been on her best behavior with him so far...he needs to see her with her 'hair down'. I bet he would change his mind. On another note, Amy did buy and pay for that house all on her own....it is HER HOUSE. She is agreeing with him living there now and after marriage. Will he ever feel that this is 'home to him'? I doubt it. Amy calls the shots.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, floridamom said:

On another note, Amy did buy and pay for that house all on her own....it is HER HOUSE. She is agreeing with him living there now and after marriage. Will he ever feel that this is 'home to him'? I doubt it. Amy calls the shots.

Now, if Chris is as financially poor as some people here insist he is, why exactly is Amy - who he is marrying because she's got money and a better lifestyle etc etc etc - not allowed as the primary income earner allowed to rule the roost? The roost she owns?

I mean, maybe I am just too liberal or too feminist, but marrying Chris doesn't mean Amy immediately hands over all her assets, lowers her eyes, walks three steps behind and is completely servile to Chris since he has a penis? I mean, again, some people claim he's poor as a church mouse sponging off Amy, is she required to accord him the respect of being the breadwinner when she's the one making the money?

Mind you - I watched that scene where he's going on about his stuff, and I didn't get "seriously pissed" from it. Annoyed, yes, and he has every right because yes, marriage is a partnership not a "I rule over you" situation, but seriously, I see no reason that Amy has to be the one to concede on everything either. 

I do hope they both have pre-nups. 

• Love 4

I never meant that Chris OR Amy should be unequal in their relationship. However, I think Amy does need to make Chris feel comfortable at home and that this is his home too. Making physical room for him and his stuff is part of that. Heck, I know couples who the wife paid lots of money down on a house and the fixer-upper pre-move in stuff too yet makes her husband feel and know that it is his home too. Make room for him both emotionally and physically. Any spouse should not hold it over the other's head that they bought and paid for the house.

• Love 10

It looked like the dining room table in the quick glance I saw.  If so if he cleared a spot, was gone for awhile, and came back, I can see the spot having stuff on it without Amy even thinking about it.  If he'd had a closet half empty and he came back and she'd filled it with her clothes or filled a dresser or chest of drawers in his spots, then I'd be concerned.  A table top that takes 30 seconds or less to clear, is nothing to me.  If it's a huge deal my daughter should have been divorced a decade ago.  Her husband can cover a table in under a minute.   She just goes do you want this stuff?  If yes, come get it or I'm tossing it.  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Absolom said:

If he'd had a closet half empty and he came back and she'd filled it with her clothes or filled a dresser or chest of drawers in his spots, then I'd be concerned. 

Hehe I had to move out of my parents home before I lived in a place where I was allowed a closet all to myself and not half filled with my mom's excessive sewing supplies. My father was the only one with a closet to himself.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I'd also love to attend a "Romney" American Gypsy wedding and sorta laughed when someone said Amy's tryout wedding dress looked like a gypsy bling dress because no, it didn't

I believe you are talking about my post in “Small Talk”.  I never said Amy’s dress was a gypsy bling dress, I said it would be ridiculous in my opinion if it were!

• Love 4
On 4/24/2021 at 11:06 AM, DonnaMae said:

Maybe they should have a Hawaiian themed wedding and Amy could wear a mumu.  Then they could fly to Hawaii for their honeymoon.

When my sister got married for the second time, they went in a Hawaiian cruise and got married there. It was the groom’s first wedding, but he didn’t want traditional, and neither did she. Just the two of them, with the wedding officiant and a ukulele player outdoors. Very romantic and special to them— but to each their own.
If traditional wedding is important to Amy, that should be a major consideration— but Chris’ preferences should be taken into consideration also.

• Love 6

A bride, IMO, should be able to wear whatever color she wants; first wedding or not. However, a bride should also choose a style dress/gown that suits her build, her age and the venue of the ceremony.  That fru-fru white wedding gown Amy was shown wearing in the preview clips looked awful on her and IMO, wasn't the gown for her. Yes, clean, classic lines are always flattering and always in style.

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, floridamom said:

A bride, IMO, should be able to wear whatever color she wants; first wedding or not. However, a bride should also choose a style dress/gown that suits her build, her age and the venue of the ceremony.  That fru-fru white wedding gown Amy was shown wearing in the preview clips looked awful on her and IMO, wasn't the gown for her. Yes, clean, classic lines are always flattering and always in style.

i agree.... i saw an interview with Princess Diana shortly before she died and she said she wished she had worn a different dress with less bows, ribbons, poufs, frills and a shorter train (hers was 25 ft) etc etc etc ...the gown she wore did not pass the test of time and looked kind of ridiculous.... she also said that she wished she would have chosen a smaller, simple bouquet.

Kate Middleton wore a much simpler dress with classic lines and I think it will still look lovely many years from now.

To each their own but I didn't like Meghan Markle's wedding dress, shes such a pretty girl and the dress was so straight and plain.

wedding1.jpg

• Love 5
On 4/25/2021 at 11:50 AM, Adiba said:

When my sister got married for the second time, they went in a Hawaiian cruise and got married there. It was the groom’s first wedding, but he didn’t want traditional, and neither did she. Just the two of them, with the wedding officiant and a ukulele player outdoors. Very romantic and special to them— but to each their own.
If traditional wedding is important to Amy, that should be a major consideration— but Chris’ preferences should be taken into consideration also.

They will get married where, how and in whatever way for the biggest payday!

• Love 5

Amy and her man are going on a trip to Palm Springs, I didn’t hear when but this was mentioned during “the live”.  Hope they are careful and wear masks and social distance.  I wonder if Amy and Chris are for or against the vaccine?

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Hope they are careful and wear masks and social distance.

Well, based on Matt's photos of himself and Caryn maskless in Mexico, any masking and social distancing would be an improvement on the general Roloff disdain. 

23 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I wonder if Amy and Chris are for or against the vaccine?

All the Roloffs are very quiet on that. Considering his health issues, Matt would be wise to get one, and both he and Amy are close to that 60+ zone that's higher risk. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Amy and her man are going on a trip to Palm Springs, I didn’t hear when but this was mentioned during “the live”.  Hope they are careful and wear masks and social distance.  I wonder if Amy and Chris are for or against the vaccine?

It was actually Amy, Lisa, and a friend whose name escapes me.

FE6EBDF1-FB6A-454C-BB91-85229DF2444E.jpeg

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

It was actually Amy, Lisa, and a friend whose name escapes me.

FE6EBDF1-FB6A-454C-BB91-85229DF2444E.jpeg

Thanks, I was not really paying full attention and when she mentioned it Lisa did not go on and on so I assumed the trip was with Chris.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

"If you don't know, I'm getting married in August."

Translation:  "If you live under a rock in the middle of a desert and don't have access to the internet . . . "

Some of us DO know . . . it's just not that interesting to us to watch a 56-year-old woman act like a college sophomore who is auditioning for "Say Yes to the Dress."  And seeing drunk videos of a good Christian wife, mother and grandmother doesn't make us want to develop a higher level of interest.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Poor Deb and Lisa, how much more fawning do they have to do over Amy?  How much more money do they have to spend on the #storyofamyrandchrism and #weddingofamyrandchrism since Amy said something about this being a “pre-bachorlette party” trip.  They probably will have to give some kind of second time around bridal shower and another trip or night out on the town of drinking and dancing celebrating Amy being off the market!   

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

We all make choices in our friendships. Perhaps Amy is such a great pal they feel its worth it. Maybe Amy is someone who chips in happily in their events and participates in their events. If you're friends with someone, you usually enjoy spending time with them especially if there is something to celebrate. Its usually not a painful chore to go out drinking and partying with friends.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Isn’t LaQuinta low budget?

Everywhere but in Palm Springs.  LOL.  It's pretty spendy.

In the rest of the world the saying is, "La Quinta is Spanish for 'Next to Denny's.'"

• Useful 3
  • LOL 6
13 minutes ago, Absolom said:

La Quinta Palm Springs is a Waldorf Astoria resort and doesn't show up on the La Quinta by Wyndham chain page of locations.

Yeah. I took a look - its pretty spendy for a night's stay, but pretty nice looking.

• Useful 1
On 4/3/2021 at 8:03 AM, floridamom said:

watched the buttermilk rolls video....I am convinced the yeast company paid for that. Amy continually mentioned that specific yeast by name as if it were advertising

You were right, just saw this on facebook

287C7B53-EB65-4C5B-9599-1DB08DEC91F7.jpeg

• Love 2

Wow. I've been looking for fully furnished rental homes in La Quinta. They are beautiful and less expensive than Orange County. So now I know La Quinta is a dump😞

But I do like Denny's. 

50 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Wow. I've been looking for fully furnished rental homes in La Quinta. They are beautiful and less expensive than Orange County. So now I know La Quinta is a dump😞

But I do like Denny's. 

We're talking about the low-end hotel chain - La Quinta.  I'm sure the town of La Quinta is lovely.

And they have a  Denny's!!!  I looked it up for you.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

We're talking about the low-end hotel chain - La Quinta.  I'm sure the town of La Quinta is lovely.

And they have a  Denny's!!!  I looked it up for you.

Thanks for clarifying that! I completely forgot about the hotel chain! 😀

Maybe Amy can get married at Denny's? That way she could leave all of the Roloff Farms/Matt drama at Denny's. They make a pretty good veggie burger....just an FYI!

• LOL 6

When that yeast roll video first was posted; I watched it and I think I commented that I thought it was a paid video. Amy continually worked the brand name of the yeast she absolutely has to use for the greatest results. So obvious and tacky, IMO.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

When that yeast roll video first was posted; I watched it and I think I commented that I thought it was a paid video. Amy continually worked the brand name of the yeast she absolutely has to use for the greatest results. So obvious and tacky, IMO.

You did mention it I quoted you in my post.

• Love 3
On 4/2/2021 at 7:45 PM, chenoa333 said:

It's Easter with Rastafarians. 

OMG! This literally made me laugh so hard I started choking on my breakfast! 

On 4/29/2021 at 7:08 PM, AZChristian said:

Everywhere but in Palm Springs.  LOL.  It's pretty spendy.

In the rest of the world the saying is, "La Quinta is Spanish for 'Next to Denny's.'"

This is so true! Denny's is good for a cheap trip meal, so they do know their audience, I'll give them that! 

• Love 2

Moderator Note:

Please remember the #1 rule at Primetimer is Be Civil. Lively disagreement and discussion is fine, mocking other posters and criticizing them for their opinions is not. Snark on the Roloffs not each other. 

• Love 3
On 4/28/2021 at 10:08 PM, chenoa333 said:

Is she growing a moustache? There's Veet and Nair and waxing. 

and FLAWLESS.. I swear by it.. portable and does the job

• Useful 2
  • Love 1