Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

Mod Reminder- The number one rule here is Be Civil. Disagreement and discussion is fine, attacking other posters for their opinions is not. When in doubt, statements that focus on "I", "I feel, think, saw, see" are fine, statements focused on the other posters opinions may not be. No one is required to justify their opinion, if you disagree, state that once or twice and move on.

Further uncivil behavior will result in warnings.

• Love 2

I watched the buttermilk rolls video....I am convinced the yeast company paid for that. Amy continually mentioned that specific yeast by name as if it were advertising.  Once again, not very good video; couldn't see the consistency of the dough in the mixer as it was happening; so I don't know what to look for during that process and poorer video when she was initially putting the raw dough in the muffin tins.  Fake voice yet again. Amy, please, before each segment is videoed, PLEASE make sure you have all of your ingredients AND TOOLS handy. I don't think we should hear her fumbling around her kitchen drawers looking for things.

• Love 6
On 4/5/2021 at 9:31 AM, ginger90 said:

F2184C29-20CC-43D3-B357-4E056283D804.jpeg

43C15EAE-6E0C-45AA-801F-B620EEB35BAB.jpeg

5815A9EA-67F5-4A93-A92E-FA80DA31F6C8.jpeg

“The wonderful day for the rest of my life will be here before I know it.”   The wonderful day for the rest of my life? Can anyone translate from Amy to English?? I sincerely don’t know what she’s trying to say here!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 4/5/2021 at 9:31 AM, ginger90 said:

F2184C29-20CC-43D3-B357-4E056283D804.jpeg

Amy needs to lay off the whipping cream sauces, gravy drenched meat and all the pies and pastries or she'll have to go to a tent store to a get a dress.

Deb's legs and ass are literally half the size of Amy's.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1

Yeah, Amy needs to lay off of the 'whooping cream' too. I watched the breakfast casserole video yesterday. I can't believe she said 'whooping cream'. Can't she READ the container???? Why cook the sausage, peppers and onions in separate pans? They will all be combined anyway. Use one skillet and you can still drain any fat from the sausage. I also don't think Italian sausage would be good in a breakfast casserole, breakfast sausage would be what you would use IMO. Garlic? no. Again, too much chatter and still unprepared.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Swipped her nose with her left hand then right into the meat it goes rings and all!  Oh my!

I missed that, fortunately. I don't know why she doesn't wear gloves when she uses her hands to mix food. 

The meal looked fine, but I was surprised that she didn't bother to try to make the meat patties the same size. Roll the balls first to judge the size and then flatten them. They would cook more uniformly if the same. It looked amateurish, but that's her appeal, I guess.  

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I missed that, fortunately. I don't know why she doesn't wear gloves when she uses her hands to mix food. 

It's at around the 6:09 mark. It's very quick, but her hand did make contact with her nose. She should wear gloves, but even if she did, I'd refuse to eat anything she cooks.

• Love 6

I would never have put those meat patties in the oven after browning them.  She should have just added them to the gravy to simmer for a few minutes.  They had to be so overcooked and tough.  She has such an obsession with garlic.  She added at least two tablespoons of raw minced garlic to the potatoes.  🙄

• Love 4

I, too would have placed the meat patties right in with the gravy so they continue cooking together. Give the gravy a good chance to be absorbed by the meat. No chopped garlic pieces in mashed potatoes!  Garlic powder, yes, maybe a little.

• Love 4

Amy’s “eyeballing” of ingredients is way way off.  She dumps half a bottle of garlic powder in something and says it’s about a tablespoon.  No way!  She would be smart to say “add to taste” instead.

• Love 7

When you eat as much garlic as Amy it doesn't just make your breath smell, it also makes your perspiration smell bad!

Years ago I had a co-worker who ate tons of garlic like Amy and you could smell her when she walked in to the office and the rest of us would try to stand back when ever she wanted to have a conversation but she was a CLOSE talker and would keep moving towards you like a tidal wave of stench.

amy100.jpg

amy200.jpg

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I had a friend who consumed a ton of garlic like Amy does.  We talked about it and she said she absolutely craved it.  After a year or so and she was eating even more garlic, I talked her into getting blood tests and she had nutritional deficiencies that were driving her cravings.  I don't know if that could possibly be an issue with Amy. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

Are we going to hear for the next four and a half months how close the big day is getting? That's the end of August or the beginning of September, the end of summer. I'm happy for her and wish her well, but she's going to run out of energy at this rate.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

I had a friend who consumed a ton of garlic like Amy does.  We talked about it and she said she absolutely craved it.  After a year or so and she was eating even more garlic, I talked her into getting blood tests and she had nutritional deficiencies that were driving her cravings.  I don't know if that could possibly be an issue with Amy. 

that's interesting and that would make sense because the amount of garlic Amy adds to her recipes is extreme in my opinion and I like garlic... I often add a couple cloves minced or a teaspoon of garlic powder but Amy often adds several tablespoons full.

During one recipe she mentioned that she has garlic breath and hopes Chris doesn't mind, maybe he's a garlic lover too.

Amy often says how much she LOVES garlic and can't get enough of it.... which kind of sounds like your friend.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Are we going to hear for the next four and a half months how close the big day is getting? That's the end of August or the beginning of September, the end of summer. I'm happy for her and wish her well, but she's going to run out of energy at this rate.

What else does she have to talk about?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

When you eat as much garlic as Amy it doesn't just make your breath smell, it also makes your perspiration smell bad!

Years ago I had a co-worker who ate tons of garlic like Amy and you could smell her when she walked in to the office and the rest of us would try to stand back when ever she wanted to have a conversation but she was a CLOSE talker and would keep moving towards you like a tidal wave of stench.

amy100.jpg

amy200.jpg

Is that picture photo shopped?  She looks thin which she isn't and her chin is almost gone!  Either that's a really old picture of them or it's been enhanced!

• Love 6

I don't know how much more I can take of Amy's "worship postings" of Chris. It's one thing to be happy to be getting married but this woman just gushes all the time. Why have I never read a "gushing 'I love you' post" from Chris about Amy? The man also doesn't look very happy to me in the above photo. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Quof said:

Where would Chris make such a post?  Does he have any social media?  Frankly, I respect an adult who doesn't. 

He has an inactive, or posts that he makes private, Facebook page. 

“This man”, not his name, is odd to me. He gets his name mentioned in one of the hashtags. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 2

I think a lot of what we see from Amy is directed at Matt!  

She desires for him to see how happy she is with Chris.

She also wants Matt to see her as an entrepreneur going face to face with him and his achievements!

Honestly I think Chris a much better match for Amy and I don't think Matt gives a hoot at whatever Amy CHOOSES to sell or do.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

This man”, not his name, is odd to me

Chris Marek no longer exists.  He now identifies as Amy Roloff’s “man”.  

I agree all her gushing is for Matt and his family’s benefit, but Matt doesn’t give a shit about her romantic life.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Almost every time Amy makes soup her pot is literally full to the brim.

It was dripping over the edge of the pot and she kept stirring with her ladle and laying it on the counter dripping soup all over her stove and counter top.

Amy needs to take a lesson from JAWS..,.. she needs a bigger pot!

amyamy.jpg

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

Almost every time Amy makes soup her pot is literally full to the brim.

It was dripping over the edge of the pot and she kept stirring with her ladle and laying it on the counter dripping soup all over her stove and counter top.

Amy needs to take a lesson from JAWS..,.. she needs a bigger pot!

amyamy.jpg

I hate pea soup.  Not sure why you would start having “soup nights” just when the weather is getting warm.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I use an Instant Pot for soup and stew. Saute onion and meat in the pot and then add everything else. Set to pressure, cook, let the heat reduce, open and serve. It wouldn't make a wonderful cooking video without lots of running around, dirtying dishes, and spilling, but I don't need mess to clean. 

It's a garlic-friendly appliance too. "My man" would approve. 

• LOL 9
On 4/8/2021 at 2:31 PM, Dustbunny said:

amy100.jpg

amy200.jpg

#TooManyHashtags

She looks happy. Chris looks tired.

• Love 4

I was watching two of my favorite cooks today.  Lidia and Kardea.  Both of them are immaculate.  Neither have any rings on their fingers and both of them are immaculate in their appearance. 

They also have all of their ingredients ready and waiting while they explain their dish. 

Amy just looks ragged and with all those rings and the finger cleaning of utensils, nose wiping and finger licking plus running around to get things she needs.  Uggg.

My guess is that Amy is happy with any check she receives from YouTube from the views she does get due to being a Roloff.

I'm sitting on the edge of my seat to see if she takes "My Man's Name".  My guess is NO!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

I'm sitting on the edge of my seat to see if she takes "My Man's Name".  My guess is NO!

I'm really pretty certain she's already stated that she's remaining Amy Roloff for professional reasons, which makes sense considering how her cooking videos etc are branded as Amy Roloff's Little Kitchen.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I use an Instant Pot for soup and stew. Saute onion and meat in the pot and then add everything else. Set to pressure, cook, let the heat reduce, open and serve. It wouldn't make a wonderful cooking video without lots of running around, dirtying dishes, and spilling, but I don't need mess to clean. 

It's a garlic-friendly appliance too. "My man" would approve. 

I made spaghetti and meat sauce with lots of garlic in the Instant Pot tonight. If someone videotaped me making it, it would mainly be of me sitting on the couch while it cooked. Still better than Amy’s videos.

My main complaint with her videos is that they never improve. She looks just as disorganized and messy today as when she first started them. I don’t expect her to be Ina Garten, but her videos and cooking skills are so amateur. I think she could be fine if she actually put some work into doing it well, rather than just essentially posting home movies of her cooking. 

• Love 9
On 4/8/2021 at 9:09 PM, Jeanne222 said:

Is that picture photo shopped?  She looks thin which she isn't and her chin is almost gone!  Either that's a really old picture of them or it's been enhanced!

Yeah I noticed that too. Her face looks very thin. But that's not how she looks in all of her other pics and videos. Chris's nose looks red like he's been hitting the "sauce". I'm not saying he IS. 

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Yeah I noticed that too. Her face looks very thin. But that's not how she looks in all of her other pics and videos. Chris's nose looks red like he's been hitting the "sauce". I'm not saying he IS. 

maybe Chris needs some "sauce" to get past Amy's garlic breath and eat her food. 😫

• LOL 5

Maybe Amy will hyphenate her new name.. Amy Roloff-Marik's Little Kitchen. I think that would be nice of her to let go of the past, which I don't think she really has done. I also don't think she should be getting married to anyone at this time. She seems to still harbor emotions about the past. Just my opinion.

• Love 4

Walking away from a brand name is hard for anybody!

Amy talks about her second act and her man so much that me and I'm sure Matt would love to see her debut herself with her new beginning.

That will never happen because neither Amy or Chris are the marketing tool that Matt is!

They will just have to stumble on!

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, floridamom said:

She seems to still harbor emotions about the past

All the gushing she does over Chris seems like she is trying to convince herself, just like when  Tori goes on about how lucky she is to have been chosen J&L’s mom.  It’s all overkill. There have been comments that she married Matt because she thought she wouldn’t have another chance, she was insecure etc.  Same thing here IMO.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Walking away from a brand name is hard for anybody!

And she was married to Matt who was hardly a perfect husband or perfect provider, especially before the television show that he got in part because of his wife so if she wants to keep something of her marriage like her legal last name for 25+ years, she's earned it.  Why give up name recognition for a brand she participated in creating? The reality is that if Matt didn't have a family, he wouldn't have a show so all of the family, including Amy, have the right to use their fame to continue to make money. Matt didn't do the show alone and he DID choose Amy as his wife and he signed the dotted line on a 50/50 split with the divorce so he doesn't get to be the victim over things he could have fought for legally.  And frankly, I've never seen Matt complain on this issue. God knows he's not quiet about bitching about Amy, yet he has never said he wants Amy to drop the Roloff name. 

• Love 6

Didn’t bother with the pictures but this is the description.  Again with the “man”  also new,  #dreamingtogether, which she obviously got from Audrey’s “how do you dream together stuff”.   

8FC5EF04-5B06-4393-BBE2-B262AABA16E9.jpeg