Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

Why does she always have to cook and bake for their friends when they come over to socialize.  She never heard of just ordering a pizza or some other kind of take-out.  Also, go to a bakery and buy a dam cake or pie Amy!   I would not have eaten that mess if I were part of that group.  Was it a cross between chili and soup?  I thought at the beginning she called it a chili soup  I wonder how many people were running for the bathroom.  

• Love 4

Why does she always have to cook and bake for their friends when they come over to socialize. 

I mean, she's fairly traditional and one of the basics of being a good wife/homemaker is providing hospitality when guests come over, preferably of a homemade not store bought variety.

Plus, I assume it's the running theme/faux excuse for the filming. She learned that from the long running tv show where friends always turn up for extensive projects out of the blue. I mean, like the show, these videos aren't actually raw live footage. They're stupid and half assed and boring but they certainly aren't spontaneous events.

• Love 3

I asked my husband who is a pretty good cook and makes both red and white chili for us if he would ever use cream cheese in white chicken chili. He said "no way, never".  I don't think cream cheese goes well with the other spices she added like "PAPPARIKA".

BTW, he didn't know why I asked.

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Bet his family can’t wait!

I wonder if she'll treat them to some of her cooking, maybe that white bean and chicken chili.

Edited by DonnaMae
  • LOL 4
6 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

I wonder if she'll treat them some of her cooking, maybe that white bean and chicken chili.

And everyone (except Chris) would be called away to a family emergency (and end up at Denny's).

• LOL 5
8 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Has Amy ever posted any pics with Chris’ family or mentioned them on her IG or the show?

Not that I can recall.  Some people are very private and they may have asked to not be included in her social media posts.

ETA:  If that's the case, it's a welcome change from those who think they have to create selfies and post EVERYTHING they do.  

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 4
56 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Has Amy ever posted any pics with Chris’ family or mentioned them on her IG or the show?

One time on one of those lives she said she had spoken to Chris’s sister while she was there visiting Chris, this was before he sold his house.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I bet that is his sister and her family but of course don’t know because Amy never identifies anyone.

Except herself.  "I'm Amy Roloff . . . Amy Roloff's Little Kitchen."

Never, "This is _________ . . . Chris M's Little Sister."

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Of course, its simply impossible that Chris's sister might have asked to not be identified on Amy's social media. Amy absolutely is just being an attention whore in refusing to name Chris's relatives off in a public setting. I mean, fans NEVER look up relatives of reality show stars and harass them for info....

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 3/15/2021 at 7:58 AM, Spazamanaz said:

She is not relatable, she is not interesting, and most importantly , she is not hygienic. Lol

And, if it were not for Matt Roloff, you would not even know who she was.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Did anyone watch her video on chicken parmesan?  What is her problem with that word?  She must have stumbled over it 20 times. 🤪  I actually gasped when she added what looked like 3 tablespoons of garlic powder, not only to the tomato sauce, but also to the spaghetti.  And she'd already sautéed fresh garlic for the sauce.  🤢  She also used her finger a lot instead of a spatula or a spoon. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Kid said:

And, if it were not for Matt Roloff, you would not even know who she was.

Ironic that way back in the day, Matt used to insist that the producers settled on offering them the show because Amy refused to clean up the house for filming

24 minutes ago, readheaded said:

I'm not sure what your point is with this since they were a couple on a show about little people.

This. Frankly there would not have been a show if Matt was single with no kids. If Zach and Tory weren't willing to let the kids be filmed, this show probably wouldn't have continued since Matt by himself with no family isn't that fascinating and he clearly isn't interested in filming himself dating Caryn. (The rare times they do put these two together, its usually awkward and Matt seems annoyed.) I personally don't find Amy and Chris that compelling but Amy's willing to be filmed.

26 minutes ago, stoppro said:

he's no prize either.

I admire his energy to work, but Matt's always been a huckster at heart and he's too happy to admit to lying to make me think he's honest.

• Love 6

I was at loose ends yesterday so I decided to watch a little of the Amy and Lisa talk.  Nothing earth shattering to report but they have narrowed down their honeymoon between Hawaii and some Island.  Then the next year will be their 60th birthday and they will do the island they skipped on the honeymoon.

I did notice Amy being so very rude to Lisa by interrupting her over and over again.  Lisa seems a very likable person.  She just sails along with Amy butting in mid sentence.  Sigh. 

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I was at loose ends yesterday so I decided to watch a little of the Amy and Lisa talk.  Nothing earth shattering to report but they have narrowed down their honeymoon between Hawaii and some Island.  Then the next year will be their 60th birthday and they will do the island they skipped on the honeymoon.

I did notice Amy being so very rude to Lisa by interrupting her over and over again.  Lisa seems a very likable person.  She just sails along with Amy butting in mid sentence.  Sigh. 

I watched some of it too, at the beginning Amy had a cake in the oven that went on fire.   Smoke alarms were going off and Lisa kept saying is everything okay.  Said she put the cake in the wrong pan and it went on fire??? Maybe it dripped and that set a fire?  Women they look up to, their mothers, Helen Keller, Anne Sullivan, Harriet Tubman, Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Michelle Obama, you know because she said kids should exercise and eat right.  These two crack me up.  She does interrupt Lisa a lot, keeping her in check letting her know it is her show.  Check out the muffin video.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I watched some of it too, at the beginning Amy had a cake in the oven that went on fire.   Smoke alarms were going off and Lisa kept saying is everything okay.  Said she put the cake in the wrong pan and it went on fire??? Maybe it dripped and that set a fire?  Women they look up to, their mothers, Helen Keller, Anne Sullivan, Harriet Tubman, Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Michelle Obama, you know because she said kids should exercise and eat right.  These two crack me up.  She does interrupt Lisa a lot, keeping her in check letting her know it is her show.  Check out the muffin video.

I missed the cake on fire and the famous women discussion!  I knew I was starting in the middle but with Amy I just couldn't go back for more!

I will say she seems happy as a lark!    It appears even though I was a skeptic  this wedding will happen!   Lol

• Love 2
(edited)

I only caught the talk about the cake and smoke alarm. It was a coffee cake. She didn’t use a big enough pan, she forgot it would rise. It rose, spilled over, and the batter on the bottom of the oven was in flames. She used flour (!!😱!!) to put it out. 
Then I turned off the “live”.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2D8785E6-FDE8-4A1F-88EB-1500D21A0681.jpeg

BLECH!... the scrambled eggs look awful and green or is that mashed avocado?..... the thought of pairing it with cucumber, radishes and tomato makes me want to hurl! 🤢

• Love 2

That video was not too bad, but again with all that garlic powder.  She should just buy Italian flavored bread crumbs.  Also,  you don’t put eggs in Alfredo sauce.  Eggs are used in Carbonara sauce.  

During the muffin video, they were filming Chris for the show.  Amy looked in and Chris had his cell phone in hand and was saying something.  She said, something like “oh you are calling Matt, oh brother” then she said it better that he can converse with him than not be a part of anything.  Waiting for the day when she can call Caryn😂

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, DonnaMae said:

Why does she always flail her arms when she takes a bite of her recipe?

Will she ever learn that all she needs is a small bite to let people know that it tastes good?

Such a gross habit and then the arm flapping as she struggles to swallow.... Ugh! 😫🤢

amyPIG.gif

amypig2.gif

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

She must still be gaining weight with all those recent recipes, especially the parmESian chicken with alfredo sauce.  I think I gained a pound just watching her pour on the whipping cream into the pan of butter. 🙄

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

09F4B176-A9F4-480B-9F21-F8070643A267.jpeg

A5F7CCF1-C009-422C-9CA7-F76BB42C0938.jpeg

I wonder how Amy and her amazing man handle expenses on Amy's home?  Half and half?  I'm thinking she probably writes off expenses on the house due to working out of part of the house and yard.

I'd love a peek at that pre nup!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3

100% Italian/first generation American here: I have NEVER heard of adding lemon juice to your tomato sauce for chichen parmesan. You don't use eggs for Alfredo sauce nor do you add lemon to your chicken with it. One thing that is still annoying to me about these all too long videos that Amy puts out is that she goes into way too much detail and chatter. Why did she use up so much time having us watch her grate the cheese and season the breadcrumbs? Just say I have bread crumbs in which I added salt, PARMESIAN cheese and garlic(?) to? Also not an ingredient in Alfredo. Unprepared yet again and seems to be unorganized as a bonus. Quit the fake talk on your sales videos too. I don't know how Chris eats that slop.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6