Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

How much does she get for that fudge, plus S & H?  I refuse to look at her website, but I am curious to know.  I am guessing she charges more than what it would cost someone to go to their own local candy shop and pick up a box. You don’t even need to have a candy store near by.  Everyone sells fudge!  You can buy it at CVS FFS!  Though I have never watched any of her “cooking” videos, I do recall what a slob she was in her own kitchen, and how unhygienic she was.  Dog and cats crawling on counters, dirty dishes everywhere, licking fingers and spoons, and then re-dipping them into whatever ungodly mess she was making...GAG! I also remember the bakery she was using for some of her products was  in violation on health codes.  I would never order any food items from her!  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, BusyOctober said:

How much does she get for that fudge, plus S & H?  I refuse to look at her website, but I am curious to know. 

The "Valentine's Day" fudge is either $29.95 or $36.95 (plus shipping and handling), depending on which page of her website you're on.  Too spendy for my taste.

• Love 2

Thanks for the info AZChristian. 
I live in New England and you can’t throw a rock without hitting a “Ye Olde Candy Shoppe” around here.  There are also some really good traditional candy houses.  I just Googled the price of 1 lb boxes of fudge from 2 of the oldest, best loved ones. $13.50 & $15.50, both charge $4.95 for shipping. As a bonus, these products are all made by hand by food safety certified employees in clean, state inspected shops that have been in business for over 125 years combined.  So for my money, and the health of my loved ones, if I ever want to send candy, Amy’s Little Salmonella Kitchen would never be on my go to list. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Amy really!  Their or there by Valentine's day!  I swear I have a terrible time getting her message because of all the grammar mistakes she makes.

At least she didn't call it Valentime's Day! 

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

That fudge is not very photogenic😝 

True, especially the one that looks like dry, slightly moldy cheddar. The uneven slices bother me too. Amy doesn't seem to put any effort into making this stuff look good. Maybe she feels holding it next to her face is enough.

• LOL 6

A friend of mine used to send me Mackinac Island fudge at Xmas (she passed away a few years ago) and once you've had that fudge it spoils you for all others and I'm not even a fudge lover but it's just insanely rich, creamy and good... They claim that Mackinac Island fudge is the best in the world and they've been making fudge since 1887 and have it perfected.

There's several fudge shops on the island and the one my friend bought from was Ryba's Fudge Shop.

It makes Amy's fudge look plain and not appealing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Burned toast looks more appealing than most anything Amy cooks/bakes. 

It looks like she (or someone) cleaned up her kitchen counters in that last pic of the fudge.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

A friend of mine used to send me Mackinac Island fudge at Xmas (she passed away a few years ago) and once you've had that fudge it spoils you for all others and I'm not even a fudge lover but it's just insanely rich, creamy and good... They claim that Mackinac Island fudge is the best in the world and they've been making fudge since 1887 and have it perfected.

There's several fudge shops on the island and the one my friend bought from was Ryba's Fudge Shop.

I just looked at the website for Murdick's Fudge from that area.  I gained 5 pounds just LOOKING at the fudge.  I lose weight when looking at most of what Amy makes.  Between her unsanitary cooking habits and the final display, my appetite goes down the tubes.

• Love 3

Has Amy ever made fudge on her “cooking demos”, I mean I’m guessing this fudge is made at an actual bakery or candy shop, but did Amy actually ever share a fudge recipe or is this a “I’m putting my name in this product” deal? I like fudge, but none of the pictures she shows make it seem particularly appealing.  

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Has Amy ever made fudge on her “cooking demos”, I mean I’m guessing this fudge is made at an actual bakery or candy shop, but did Amy actually ever share a fudge recipe or is this a “I’m putting my name in this product” deal? I like fudge, but none of the pictures she shows make it seem particularly appealing.  

I found here  a video when she was working with someone on a local TV show.  She specifically said that this is the "home" version of the fudge she sells.  Even on the TV show, she used her finger to scrape marshmallow cream off the spoon and into the bowl, and then NEVER washed her finger.  You can see the marshmallow all the time she's stirring and even when the fudge was done and she had poured into a pan to set.  She was chatting with the TV show hostess, and she STILL had that fudge on her left hand.

Blech.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, DonnaMae said:

Why must be chatter so much before she begins making the recipe?  When I bake a cake, I follow the recipe and don't add a little more baking powder or soda and a little more salt.  Follow the recipe, Amy!

I think she tries to give the appearance that she is knowledgeable about cooking and baking.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Amy is on Instagram and Facebook again pushing the fudge.  I laughed at some of the comments.  People living in the UK and Norway and maybe some other countries asking if she would ship to them.  Are they nuts?  You can’t get fudge in your country?  Do they really think Amy and her fudge are so special?  Also, a few people said it was too expensive. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, LucyEth said:

I think she tries to give the appearance that she is knowledgeable about cooking and baking.

Somewhat like a modern day Chris Angel/David Copperfield of the cooking genre? 

Her food looks like crap. Especially the food she's prepping to go into her final product. How much will these 2 (Mr. Amy and Amy) weigh after a year of marriage. Oh well, just another way to get another show on TLC: Thousand Pound Couple. 

• LOL 4

Fudge brownies with peanut butter cookie crumble topping video is out there.  It is one of the worst IMO.  I did get a laugh out of a few of the comments, one person said she deserves her own cooking show, while another noted how they got a kick out of her fumbling around and the end of the video with chocolate around her mouth.  I would post the comment but I don’t know if it is allowed.  

• LOL 7
18 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Fudge brownies with peanut butter cookie crumble topping video is out there.  It is one of the worst IMO.  I did get a laugh out of a few of the comments, one person said she deserves her own cooking show, while another noted how they got a kick out of her fumbling around and the end of the video with chocolate around her mouth.  I would post the comment but I don’t know if it is allowed.  

I'm only halfway through so far.  You're right - it's one of the worst!!!!

Oh GOOD GRIEF!  Geer-er-ar-derelli chocolate????

ETA:  Okay, we finished watching it.  I looked at the recipe, because I do love peanut butter and chocolate together.  Would you believe that she considers a 9x13 pan to be 4-6 servings???  What????  I think most people consider that to be 12 servings - at least.

Again with the butter on the finger that she doesn't wipe off (except the quick swipe onto the cutting board which didn't dislodge much).  Then she added peanut butter to the butter on the finger.  She CONSTANTLY chooses the wrong utensils.  She tried to cut a tray of brownies with peanut butter with a RUBBER spatula!!!!

The one thing she said with which I cannot argue:  "I am not a professional baker."

No one really had to be TOLD that, though.

Edited by AZChristian
Finished watching. Had more to say.
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DonnaMae said:

If she was just cooking for herself, she could be as messy as she wanted.  However, she's making a video to show 'the world', so she needs to be more professional.....and neater.

Amy doesn't care as long as the 💰 keeps rolling in!  Hey maybe her videos are making her more looks being messy, can't pronounce words and wiping her nose!  Might be a big draw and more coins!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, LucyEth said:

What gets me is that people (fans) think the videos are fantastic and that the food looks delicious.  They tell her she is a  great cook and should have her own show.  Come on people, get real!

If they think that Amy's food looks delicious, they should head over to the "1000 pound sisters" on YouTube and TLC. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
40 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

amyXXX.jpg

"Gather". Congregate, mingle, spread germs. Barf.

On 2/12/2021 at 4:53 AM, ginger90 said:

D39C2AF3-A892-4885-96EA-4FF551563288.jpeg

Why is she wearing a mask? She typically doesn't. I wonder what disgusting slop she's going to be making for St. Patrick's Day. Probably her unique version of cabbage and corned beef.

She needs a better fitting bra.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

"Gather". Congregate, mingle, spread germs. Barf.

Why is she wearing a mask? She typically doesn't. I wonder what disgusting slop she's going to be making for St. Patrick's Day. Probably her unique version of cabbage and corned beef.

She needs a better fitting bra.

She's wearing a mask because she's trying to sell them... otherwise she doesn't bother unless forced to during filming by TLC.

53 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

amyXXX.jpg

Good grief... Another closeup of her wrinkled face, yellow teeth and scraggly witch hair. 

Why does she have to ruin every picture with her ugly old mug front and center? 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

That is terrible!  What's wrong with her posting a terrible picture like that!!!!

Between posting awful selfies and continuing her horrendous kitchen hygiene practices, I think it's a big "screw you" to her critics.  She has changed a few things in the kitchen (she can now pronounce parmesan, and she appeared to have tried to actually swallow the big bite of her brownie before talking), so she is apparently aware of the criticism.  She just doesn't seem to care about putting her best foot forward.  She seems to want to expend as little effort as possible in self improvement.  She wants what money she can get without working for it, not realizing that she might actually garner a few more fans by behaving more sensibly.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Looking at the bouquets made me think of that old Sesame Street song....

One of these things is not like the other...🎶 

Hers looked like something he picked up while at the grocery story buying fudge.  Caryn's looked like something ordered from a florist (and not on the cheap page).

• Love 8
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Hers looked like something he picked up while at the grocery story buying fudge.  Caryn's looked like something ordered from a florist (and not on the cheap page).

Maybe they're just living within their means. 

• Love 8