Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 5/22/2020 at 5:28 PM, AZChristian said:

Well, these are probably people who think the little fried pies from McDonald's qualify as gourmet desserts.

Compared to Mickie D's, that crumble MAY be gush-worthy.

So true! People go crazy over that McDonald's Rib (?) sandwich which is made of pork intestines, lips and anuses, similar to hot dog ingredients.

However, I really don't see what that crumble dish made by Amy is so unique.  I admit I have no cooking or baking skills but her crumble just looks unappealing.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, DonnaMae said:

Chris has a 'dad bod', which is fine with me.  I really don't find rippling muscles and six-packs sexy.  They're just self-indulgent.  That said, I'm totally turned off by beer bellies. 

I agree, Chris looks fine for his age 

I was only exaggerating his dad body because Amy acts so silly with her "MY hot babe in his toolbelt" type comments and marking her territory.

My hubby goes to the gym and he's a handsome guy but I'd feel ridiculous going on SM and gushing about his hotness in a toolbelt etc and he'd be embarrassed if I did...IMO It just sounds so juvenile like a teenage crush but that's how Amy is about everything.

That's why I said that I think she's gone middle aged crazy... It seems like everything is about prom parties,  prom king and Queen, dancing like teenagers, running around the farm screaming with her gf's, talking vulgar, entering hot booty competitions and shaking her ass, doing donuts in the mud, heart rings, dressing like a biker chick, making out in a hot tub, pawing each other and kissing at the campfire while the other happily married couple sat side by side and watched, heck even their friends said it's sickening but much like teenagers they don't care if it makes other people uncomfortable because they're so hot for each other that they simply can't control themselves.. etc...etc.. I could go on and on. 🙄

I'm not saying she shouldn't compliment him, I compliment hubby all the time but I do it like an adult and we love each other very much but we don't paw at each other in public because we'd look foolish and it might make others feel uncomfortable.

• Love 11
(edited)
55 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

That's why I said that I think she's gone middle aged crazy... It seems like everything is about prom parties,  prom king and Queen, dancing like teenagers, running around the farm screaming with her gf's, talking vulgar, entering hot booty competitions and shaking her ass, doing donuts in the mud, heart rings, dressing like a biker chick, making out in a hot tub, pawing each other and kissing at the campfire while the other happily married couple sat side by side and watched, heck even their friends said it's sickening but much like teenagers they don't care if it makes other people uncomfortable because they're so hot for each other that they simply can't control themselves.. etc...etc.. I could go on and on. 🙄

No!!! I missed all of that. I think there really might be a God!

ETA: That Twitter video...Amy was so impressed that Chris polished his bike "for her". Most guys who own motorcycles keep them in pristine condition. But yeah Amy, he polished his bike just for you.

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

The bottom line is Amy would be thrilled with anyone who wanted to be in a relationship with her, it just happened to be Chris.  She wanted it because her husband apparently left her for another woman (that is what I hear all the time).  She did not want to be alone with no babe of her own while her ex husband starts a whole new life.  I am sure she feels her relationship with Chris is an "in your face" to Matt. If settling for the first guy who showed you attention has made her happy then good for her I guess.  

• Love 5
(edited)

Chris is old enough to be my dad, but I think he looks alright.  I think he’s more attractive than Matt and that gasses Amy up.  FWIW, I think Karen is better looking than Amy.  I don’t think I have some implicit bias, because they’re are little people I think are pretty.  Elena,Terra (whom I can’t stand) from LWLA, Tanya from LWATL are a few.  I honestly think Amy and Matt thought they couldn’t do any better than each other when they got got married.  Didn’t they only know each other a few weeks?  

I don’t think it’s bad Amy shows affection towards Chris, but it can be cringeworthy to see with any couple.  I think Amy is trying to make Matt jealous because she’s angry with whatever may have happened with Karen.  It’s not even that I think she wants Matt back, it’s that she wants him to know her “second act”  is better than his. Matt on the other hand seems like he couldn’t care less. In fact, he seems relieve Chris is in the picture.  The one thing I’m really curious about is if Chris’ previous girlfriends were anything like Amy.  

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

"I almost wished I didn't go" makes no sense. It should be this: "I almost wished I hadn't gone." The "going" came before the "wishing."

I'm afraid correcting grammar is my new middle age crazy.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
40 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

"I almost wished I didn't go" makes no sense. It should be this: "I almost wished I hadn't gone." The "going" came before the "wishing."

You're going to have a full-time job keeping track of Amy.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

I'm with you, BandJ.  I think it's because I was a secretary for many years, and I had to grammar-check letters and reports.  I can't turn it off. 😏 

• Love 7
On 5/22/2020 at 11:00 AM, LucyEth said:

'So proud of them".  For what?  For not having jobs and driving around in a van living like homeless people?

Correction..those two are looking for a HONE per Amy's post. And here she is again barefoot outdoors. The bottom of her feet must be black from dirt. 

On 5/24/2020 at 7:27 AM, Irate Panda said:

I couldn’t get passed the food stuck to her face

What?? Please post a visual..... I want to laugh again! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 5/23/2020 at 1:02 PM, ginger90 said:

Interesting choice of photo effect.....

"That's why I fell for the leader of the pack" That's an oldies song about a girl nuts about her motorcycle rider. It just seemed right.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Correction..those two are looking for a HONE per Amy's post. And here she is again barefoot outdoors. The bottom of her feet must be black from dirt. 

What?? Please post a visual..... I want to laugh again! 

It’s not that dramatic, and shows up better in the video.  It looked like a piece of onion or something, but it is distracting when you are trying to watch a whole video.  I mean at least it wasn’t spaghetti sauce or anything.  I’m just surprised she didn’t feel it or nobody said anything.  Her saying fridgrator and trying to pronounce the types of beans were more distracting than anything. 

8A9A4233-A5AC-4E33-95B4-A6C489DF99E8.thumb.jpeg.9f3b37cefd256aaf90d8dc5c2f764864.jpeg

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

It’s not that dramatic, and shows up better in the video.  It looked like a piece of onion or something, but it is distracting when you are trying to watch a whole video.  I mean at least it wasn’t spaghetti sauce or anything.  I’m just surprised she didn’t feel it or nobody said anything.  Her saying fridgrator and trying to pronounce the types of beans were more distracting than anything. 

8A9A4233-A5AC-4E33-95B4-A6C489DF99E8.thumb.jpeg.9f3b37cefd256aaf90d8dc5c2f764864.jpeg

Good grief, between the thing stuck to her face, the butchering of words, she pronounces "paprika" as "Pap Per Ree Ka", the night of the living dead dark circles around her eyes, the talk of fat and gristle *gag*, the long dangling earrings and flipping her hair around it was almost impossible to watch plus she's swinging the camera this way and that way, I started to feel seasick...and last but not least the SUPER CLOSE-UPS!!!!!.... The camera was literally a couple inches from her wide open pie hole.  😲

I was hungry when the video started but by the time it ended my appetite was gone 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, DonnaMae said:

I saw that white dot on her face and thought it was a pimple.

Well it disappears towards the end of the video after she leaves and comes back after the soup is done cooking.  So I think it was maybe one of the ingredients she had been using.  With all that said, I’m going to try the recipe but will use more ham because I love it 🙂

• Love 1
(edited)

The thing on her face is a piece of onion.  Lisa mentioned it during one of their chats more than once and Amy pretty much ignored her as she kept saying you had a piece of onion on your face during that video.  It was maddening to watch, how could she not notice that when she is looking right into the camera.

Also her soup recipes are really just broth with stuff thrown in them.  Reminds of the soup they had in our work cafeteria.  Chicken noodle was just broth with pieces of chicken leftover just thrown in and heated up.  

Edited by LucyEth
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

The thing on her face is a piece of onion.  Lisa mentioned it during one of their chats more than once and Amy pretty much ignored her as she kept saying you had a piece of onion on your face during that video.  It was maddening to watch, how could she not notice that when she is looking right into the camera.

Also her soup recipes are really just broth with stuff thrown in them.  Reminds of the soup they had in our work cafeteria.  Chicken noodle was just broth with pieces of chicken leftover just thrown in and heated up.  

Exactly I watched the entire video just to see what the soup would look like when finished and it was a sad watery mess, she kept pouring more and more chicken broth into the pot and by the end it was just a few carrots and ham laying in a bowl of prepackaged chicken broth.... It did not look appetizing at all.... Like you said it looked like cheap old cafeteria soup.... And then she dumped a bunch of raw spinach leaves in about a minute before she scooped it into her bowl because she "thought" that that might be good... BLECH!!!

Chris looks like a sad sack of shit sitting there and he looks like he's getting a sunburn.

Amy is always over the moon excited!!!!!... and Chris looks like he'd rather not be there.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I think she got a longer selfie stick, as usual,  Chris looks thrilled.

Is that big white streak coming out of the top of Amy's head the umbrella pole?

If so...your umbrella pole is supposed to match the metal of your table, she should have bought one with a dark pole not white but that's how Amy does everything.

• Useful 1
30 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Is that big white streak coming out of the top of Amy's head the umbrella pole?

If so...your umbrella pole is supposed to match the metal of your table, she should have bought one with a dark pole not white but that's how Amy does everything.

I think it’s the beam to her house, mostly because the umbrellas I’ve seen have a round pole, but I’m not positive.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I think it’s the beam to her house, mostly because the umbrellas I’ve seen have a round pole, but I’m not positive.

Ya I think you're right, I thought it looked round because it looks like a shadow running down one side but now I see it's a corner of something square. 👍

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

She looks like Tyrion Lannister's sister at the end of a long, losing battle.

Capture.JPG

And what is that facial expression??

I don't know if it's a grimace, if she's in pain, does she need to burp or take a dump?

So a bunch of people buy a "signed" copy and rather than smiling for them... she posts this sort of.. "I'm pissed off, what a drag that I have to sign all these eff'n books" picture...😣

Edited by Joan of Argh
Clarity thanks autocorrect! Grrrrrrr
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Does she always post the first picture she takes?  I mean that can’t be the best shot, out of multiple tries, right? I guess good for her, she just doesn’t give a shit.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 3
1 minute ago, AZChristian said:

I'm not sure that such a creature exists.

You may be right, but does she really think she looks good when she sees those close-ups?  I know I don't want to see a close-up of myself.  Selfie sticks are our friends.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, DonnaMae said:

You may be right, but does she really think she looks good when she sees those close-ups?  I know I don't want to see a close-up of myself.  Selfie sticks are our friends.

Apparently, she sees something other than what the rest of the world sees in those selfies.  This is a woman who does an entire cooking video with a piece of raw onion on her face, and then posts a picture of herself when it looks like she just survived an Arizona sand storm.

The Germans have a wonderful word for how I feel for Amy when she posts those pictures:  Fremdschämen.

Edited by AZChristian
Typo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

Good word......if only I could pronounce it. 😃

Sometimes it's just enough to know that such a word exists.  I only ever use it when I'm posting on Facebook or reality boards.  

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

And what is that facial expression??

I don't know if it's a grimace, if she's in pain, does she need to burp or take a dump?

It's a bad picture, she looks like she has 5 o'clock shadow.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

don't know if it's a grimace, if she's in pain, does she need to burp or take a dump?

Lol! I was thinking the same thing. She looks like she's emanating a look of "halfway between heaven and hell"

• LOL 2

I started to watch some of that cheese cake video. ..How many times does she have to tell us that she made this for her children and Matt? Spring FOAM pan???? Really, a person who prides herself on her cooking/baking skills and puts out public videos on the subject should know the name of the pan that she is using. Once again, a terrible video.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

I started to watch some of that cheese cake video. ..How many times does she have to tell us that she made this for her children and Matt? Spring FOAM pan???? Really, a person who prides herself on her cooking/baking skills and puts out public videos on the subject should know the name of the pan that she is using. Once again, a terrible video.

I was just coming to ask if she said spring FOAM pan.   Oh Amy, never change!  My grammar is pretty bad, but I’m not trying to be a television host either.  English also isn’t my first language.  I wonder if she has a manager, and why he or she hasn’t talk to her about hiring a speaking coach. Then again, it’s Amy, so any useful suggestions be damned!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

I was just coming to ask if she said spring FOAM pan.   Oh Amy, never change!  My grammar is pretty bad, but I’m not trying to be a television host either.  English also isn’t my first language.  I wonder if she has a manager, and why he or she hasn’t talk to her about hiring a speaking coach. Then again, it’s Amy, so any useful suggestions be damned!

Me too! haha Oh Amy... She said it twice in the first few minutes, then I couldn't watch anymore.

You know, it's like watching someone who claims to be really passionate about something that they're not very good at. We have this woman in my town that we started noticing when we moved here 20+ years ago. She is an avid rollerblader and is always skating around town. But she is terrible at it. Her legs are straight and stiff and she's always falling forward at the waist with her arms flapping and looking unsteady and unsure of herself. Mr. Teri313 and I were driving by her one day (and you need to give her a wide berth because you don't want to be the one to hit her when she goes down), and I just said, "Don't you think that after all these years, Thelma would get better at that?" That's kind of how I see Amy.

So what I'm wondering is if she will give up "Roloff" when she gets married and take Chris' last name. There's a lot of value attached to it ("I'm Amy Roloff," "Amy Roloff's Little Kitchen..."), so it will be interesting to see if she does it.

Edited by Teri313
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

So what I'm wondering is if she will give up "Roloff" when she gets married and take Chris' last name. There's a lot of value attached to it ("I'm Amy Roloff," "Amy Roloff's Little Kitchen..."), so it will be interesting to see if she does it.

I read (probably in this thread) that she's going to keep "Roloff" for her professional life, but will legally change her last name to Chris' after the wedding.  I commented then that - as much as she hates Matt - she's willing to continue to keep her star hooked to his wagon for her own financial benefit.

However - in my opinion - whether to change her name is probably a moot point.  I don't think that wedding is ever going to happen.  

• Love 8

I watched the entire cheesecake video.  I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. She's not getting any better and could never have a cooking show.  Of course, she can always continue being unprofessional on Instagram. She has so many fans, and they just fawn over her. 🤨 She said who she was three times during the video. 🙄

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Did I misunderstand, or did Amy say "pour about 4 CUPS of water" into a shallow baking sheet? Is that even possible without the water overflowing?

(I'm just asking for a friend who has no cooking/baking skills) LOL

• LOL 5

Ok, I just watched the whole video, well skipped to the end. Was it just my iPad or did she did she not even bring the finished product into the frame? She hoisted the plate, but all you see is 1/8 of a white plate and her face, you don’t actually see the strawberry and rhubarb cheesecake 😏

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Curiosity won.  I watched the whole damn thing.  May I present my notes?  (Please bear in mind that I am far from being a professional cook or baker.  But some of HER practices are SOOOO bad they can't be ignored.)

• Her grammar still sucks.  How many times did she say, "I make the cheesecake for Chris and I"?  Again, it's "Chris and ME," Amy.
  • Yes, she said "springfoam" at least 6 times.
  • And while we're discussing mispronunciations, when did the second "b" in rhubarb become silent?
  • She used her bare hands to mash the shortbread crumb crust into the "springfoam" pan.  Okay, let's assume her hands were spotlessly clean.  What about that tennis-style bracelet sliding up and down her right arm dangerously close to the crumb crust mixture.  When's the last time that was washed with soap and water?
  • Done pressing the mixture?  Great.  Wipe your hands on some paper towels, then crumple them up and leave them right on top of the counter next to where you're adding more ingredients.
  • While pressing the mixture in, she commented about the fact that - even with a shortened work surface - because she's so short, everything she works on is "right there."  Then 10 seconds later, she hops up on a stool to add more ingredients.  Why didn't she use the stool while pressing in the crust???
  • I've NEVER seen a professional cook pour water into a shallow pan for a water bath on the counter top and then try to transport it to the oven.  You open the oven door, pull out the rack, place the shallow pan on the rack, then the "springfoam" pan onto that pan, THEN pour the water into the shallow pan.  To quote Amy, "Wal-lah."
  • And my jaw DROPPED watching her take it OUT of the oven.  Why try to lift a shallow pan full of 325 degree water from the oven to a counter top that is at your head level?  Prep first (while you're stirring your "rhubar") by putting a towel down on the counter top, then put a cooling rack on the towel.  Lift the "springfoam" pan out of the oven and directly onto the cooling rack.  Shoot, you could even wait then until the 325 degree water cools down to room temperature before taking the shallow pan out of the oven.
  • Oh - and if you're showing the cheesecake with the topping on it, perhaps you could get it into the frame of the picture so your viewers can actually SEE it?

When I see how poor her skills are as she tries to move into her new "career," and having seen how bad her housekeeping skills have been for many years, I can only wonder how effective she was as a preschool teacher, a soccer team administrator, etc., etc.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8