Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
PRgal

Like, OMG!!!: Fashion and Beauty Pet Peeves

What bugs you?  For me, it's OTT hair colour (like more than two shades, especially shades which don't exist in nature), clothes that just can't look good beyond the runway - or even ON the runway (I get that art is in the eye of the beholder, but still), and SPARKLE/glitter.  If you're older than 15, get that out of your face!!!

I sometimes feel the crazy hair color or color streak phase is overdone or trendy. Last month at work over 10 women had blue chunks or streaks and our store only has 200 full/part timers. 

I also think it’s weird when people wear the same thing literally everyday. Like the same color and type of pants. Same top, same vest or sweater, same boots/shoes. It reminds me of Scoobie Doo or the Simpsons characters but as a person. 

• Like 1

I wear the same type of pants to work most days, in either tan or black. I used to wear the same shoes (tan or black, depending on the pants that day), but my black pair is wearing out, and Rockport no longer makes that style of oxford for women. I vary the tops, although I tend to repeat a lot because they are my favorites, but once I found a style of pants I liked, I just bought enough for a week and have continued to buy them. I find it very difficult to find pants I like that fit well, have pockets, don't cost hundreds of dollars and are appropriate for work.

I'm in my lazy footwear season. My workplace has polished concrete floors. I also work downtown and am connected to a pedway system. The floors are tiles and are very slick for leather soled shoes. Even where I am, I currently stick to rubber soles - a lot less slick. With it being late winter/early spring, there is a lot of fine sand that makes its way in to the building and making the floors really slick. So easy to wipe out without realizing it.

I wear mostly cotton type leggings in the winter. I get eczema on my legs and torso, and I found that tights irritate the patches further. With tunics, dresses, etc.  I am not a huge pants person. Will wear jeans on casual Friday.

Now that the weather is changing, my clothing will change and my nice shoes will come out - probably by mid-April.

My coworkers dress adequately - some better than others. Some have the same type of outfit day in and day out. Nothing really stands out and I've never asked any of them where they bought their clothing. Many can do better but choose not to. Some claim to have 'double lives' in that they have totally different attire on weekends. Ran in to a couple of them on the 'weekend' and the clothing is exactly the same. No interest in wearing anything except what gets them through the day.  Hair that is unwashed/oily, no makeup, no anything.

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:00 AM, Petunia13 said:

I also think it’s weird when people wear the same thing literally everyday. Like the same color and type of pants. Same top, same vest or sweater, same boots/shoes. It reminds me of Scoobie Doo or the Simpsons characters but as a person. 

Uniform dressing for men and women has been gaining traction. Many people don't have much money left after paying for living expenses, school loans, medical/insurance, so uniform dressing becomes a necessity. There's also the turning away from conspicuous consumption and shopping only to replace a worn item beyond repair.

<shrug>

To each his/her own tastes and needs.

On 3/9/2019 at 1:24 PM, Cupid Stunt said:

To each his/her own tastes and needs.

This is where I'm at. I like sparkly eyeshadow and lipstick and I'm 40. Sorry if that peeves anybody else out.

• Like 2

I hate having small feet.  Like small to the point that the smallest size doesn't fit (gee, THANKS, vanity sizing!!).  I went to a shoe pop-up for a locally designed brand.  My feet SLIPPED OUT OF THE SHOE!  Often, the smallest size is just a little bit too big.  Not for these guys.  UGH.