Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Thou Shalt Not Sext

• Start Topic

The McGees set ground rules for courting and intimacy and ask a potential sister wife to meet in person.  The Winders launch their online dating profile!  Meanwhile, the Snowdens decide to make a move that could impact Vanessa's life in a serious way. 

Sorry for the late add.  Here is the episode thread.  Alternate episode description:

Mr. McGee proves he's as much of a sleazeball as we all suspected.  We hear tell of texts that we can't unhear.  The Winders launch the world's dullest dating profile. Dmitri smiles so hard at thought of possibly getting to finally have "intimacy" with Vanessa that he almost cracks his face.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

I’m having Allredge withdrawal. Watching Kermit lead the saddest church service ever is no consolation.

But I did love the “umm it seems that most of the people out there are looking to have sex with not-me but my wives instead”

No shit Sherlock. That’s because 90% of the people responding to your ad are probably guys!

The guy is such a putz. “There must be a lot of demand for playground equipment out there. Because everyone who contacts us just looking to ‘swing’”

Edited by Alapaki
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I'm noticing a pattern that the second wives tend to be much more outspoken and the first wives tend to be very quiet and obedient.

Sophie is much more vocal than Tami and so is Sharis versus Vanessa. I would even say Meri and Christine of Codyland are the same way. Little Miss McGee would seem to be quiet but we all know what she's capable of.  I wonder if the first wife is chosen because she is quiet, capable and expected to manage the growing family.

Speaking of, did you see Bernie squirming when she was confronting him on the sexting, he was sweating big time until he told her to drop it.  Those two are in this for very different reasons.

• Love 4

On this show I see a lot of sad, lonely women, hiding behind fake smiles or self-righteous contrived confidence, thinking they'll get someone special in their lives like a "sister" to them. The ones who go for this (or seem to), I think really just want companionship they're lacking from others who are too busy & their husbands who are too self involved. Then they end up stuck with this other chick who is really just into the guy & realize one can probably only get so close to someone screwing their husband, & it's a big time sucky reality check.

If Tami works she needs to keep that job for someday when she's finally sick of being pushed to the back burner for yet another wife.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, citychic said:

I'm noticing a pattern that the second wives tend to be much more outspoken and the first wives tend to be very quiet and obedient.

Sophie is much more vocal than Tami and so is Sharis versus Vanessa. I would even say Meri and Christine of Codyland are the same way. Little Miss McGee would seem to be quiet but we all know what she's capable of.  I wonder if the first wife is chosen because she is quiet, capable and expected to manage the growing family.

Speaking of, did you see Bernie squirming when she was confronting him on the sexting, he was sweating big time until he told her to drop it.  Those two are in this for very different reasons.

Sharis is the third wife.  Vanessa is the second.  Cindy was the first.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, citychic said:

I thought it was interesting that he shut her down right away when she started describing the texts. But she was ready and willing to tell all in her confessional.

He’s such a mutt. “I agree.  I shouldn’t be doing anything inappropriate.  But umm, can we clarify what you mean by inappropriate?”  If you have to ask, it’s inappropriate!

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, citychic said:

Yup, sure did! What I found most interesting was his literal and super obvious sigh of relief once she seemed to let it go. Talk about subtle.

• Love 2

She should've never asked him 'what if' he does it (hurts her, she might have said) again - of course he said "I don't know" - SHE is the one who needs to set the boundaries- as in, you do it again you're outta here asshole. But she won't do that because she wants him & is basically offering him have someone else as well. I'm also still convinced he's always been a cheater & she's just trying to make it 'legit' (to them).

• Love 6

When Ashley was talking about the "vibe" and "energy" of Vanessa's so called surprise visit during the Cali trip being sooooo amazing I feel like some scissoring may have gone on 🙊 ...... and now Dmitri wants his turn. They both seem to be eagerly awaiting Ashley's approval to do the deed. and Ashley seems very hesitant to grant it, judging by the previews. She probably wanted to make sure she hit it first in attempts to avoid a repeat of the Jocelyn situation but I feel like Vanessa is biding her time and once she's in it will get messy. I saw some recent interviews (sound was off so no spoilers) and the body language says Ashley aint feeling Ms. Thing. 

Edited by SlutAssBitchAssHor
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

They both seem to be eagerly awaiting Ashley's approval to do the deed. and Ashley seems very hesitant to grant it, judging by the previews. She probably wanted to make sure she hit it first in attempts to avoid a repeat of the Jocelyn situation but I feel like Vanessa is biding her time and once she's in it will get messy. I saw some recent interviews (sound was off so no spoilers) and the body language says Ashley aint feeling Ms. Thing. 

Edited 1 hour ago by SlutAssBitchAssHor

Oh I want to see those interviews!  I thought Ashley was ALL about Vanessa!  I wonder what happened?

9 minutes ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

@Kyanight look up "Snowden Family" on Facebook. I totally could be reading into it but if Im right I bet its because Vanessa and Dmitri both like each other more than they like her.

Yeah.... no.  I turned the sound on and the interviewer asked how they deal with jealousy and Ashley said "there is no jealousy".

Wow - when you read the comments on their page it's like Walt Disney Mary Poppins page or something.  Everyone is SOOOO supportive and friendly and agreeable.  Not ONE person steps out of line.  I need an insulin shot.

Edited by Kyanight
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

When Ashley was talking about the "vibe" and "energy" of Vanessa's so called surprise visit during the Cali trip being sooooo amazing I feel like some scissoring may have gone on 🙊 ...... and now Dmitri wants his turn. They both seem to be eagerly awaiting Ashley's approval to do the deed. and Ashley seems very hesitant to grant it, judging by the previews. She probably wanted to make sure she hit it first in attempts to avoid a repeat of the Jocelyn situation but I feel like Vanessa is biding her time and once she's in it will get messy. I saw some recent interviews (sound was off so no spoilers) and the body language says Ashley aint feeling Ms. Thing. 

Jumping in to say “scissoring “.  Snerk.  I am 12 inside and I guffawed at this.  😜

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

The McGees - just disgusting.  She wants a sister wife - someone to confide in, a close relationship with someone that is like a sister because she doesn’t have a sister, blah blah blah...

Girl get yourself a “best friend” - someone who will not be causing you so much grief and heartache by sleeping with your husband! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

@Kyanight look up "Snowden Family" on Facebook. I totally could be reading into it but if Im right I bet its because Vanessa and Dmitri both like each other more than they like her.

I still think Ashley is confusing polygamy with polyamory.

• Love 7
On 2/27/2019 at 4:03 PM, lezlers said:

I still think Ashley is confusing polygamy with polyamory.

I think Ashley loves the control of the situation for both Dimitri and the new prospect. She is only ok if she has final say on everything, not just how things play out but also everyone's reactions to it. She gets to tell Dimitri if, when and how he gets intimate with Vanessa, then she tells him how he's supposed to react to it"not too excited or anxious", etc. She did the same thing with Vanessa's love of red meat. She allowed that not only was eating the meat unacceptable but subtly shamed her for even liking it. Dimitri is so excited he found a woman who supposedly will allow him access to multiple women, he's willing for now to allow her to dictate every aspect of the process.  I have always believed they are trying to start a new "tribal" trend and be the global consultants for how to make this work. All her baloney season one about African polygamy being their heritage. She's turning it around though from a patriarchal process to a matriarchal process. Traditional polygamy in most cultures gives the man full power in determining who is chosen and how he deals with each wife, despite protests by those involved who try to say the current wife/s have say so in this process, ultimately if the man isn't attracted or into the woman, it isn't happening just because a current sister wife wants her n the family. Ashley wants to control the choosing and how it plays out. The McGee wife is trying to do the same thing, although without the ulterior motive of Ashley. What both women don't acknowledge is that you are not going to control the man's sexual urges. Eventually, they are going to have sex when, how and why they want. That's why ultimately these relationships often fail unless the women are totally subservient to the men. Hence the process working in 3rd world countries where women have no say or power. 

• Love 6

The McGee wife's eyes don't seem to match her words. I don't think she wants this at all. I think she doesn't want to lose her husband and so feels she has go along with this. Watching his face while he talked about "flirting" with this other woman just made me ill. You can see in his eyes that he is just loving the fact that he gets to cheat while his wife sits by and watches it.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ChristmasJones said:

The McGee wife's eyes don't seem to match her words. I don't think she wants this at all. I think she doesn't want to lose her husband and so feels she has go along with this. Watching his face while he talked about "flirting" with this other woman just made me ill. You can see in his eyes that he is just loving the fact that he gets to cheat while his wife sits by and watches it.

He's odious.  I agree wife is not going to like it, if he finds anyone desperate enough to boink him.

• Love 3
(edited)

Wait a minute - did Mr. McGee call Brandi a "diamond in the rough"? Holy crap, what the hell is that supposed to mean? Does he even understand what he said? What a dummy.

Edited by Teri313
  • LOL 6

I feel so bad for the McGee kids.   If you don't have kids, fine....have a 5some , with animals or whatever.  I could not imagine telling my sons, um we are gonna have another woman mom/wife around, do you guys mind??  In what universe is that ok...or healthy???   

• Love 1