Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: All in the Family

I do so want Jeremiah to kick Divya and her burping baby out the door. I loved how he flat out told Hank that no, they can't go back to the way things were before.

Patient of the week was, at best, meh. I really didn't care what her obscure ailment was. I just know that a professional tennis player has about three times the muscle mass in her arms, shoulders and legs than that skinny drip who answered the casting call.

The secret sister turns out to be poor. Was anyone surprised? I doubt there are many children of single, abandoned mothers who hit the jackpot.

Sigh. This show used to be summer fun, like a day frying your brain at the beach. There was a bit of social commentary, like Hank treating the local poors, the clinic project or the ugly face of corporate medicine. But not so much that it killed the pleasant buzz from the heady cocktail of ludicrous clothes, chunky jewelry and turquoise swimming pools.

I don't know what they're aiming for at this point. The most positive development, IMO, is that they're not pushing a chemistry-free romance for Hank.

• Love 1
(edited)

Wow, do I NOT like Emma.  Tedious plot.  Saw through it the minute she hid the tag. 

Jeremiah, kick Divya out.  You deserve better.  

Fucking Eddie.  I so did not need him in this season.  

I also agree, BungalowSummer, that not pushing a Hank romance is a very good thing.  

The show is missing something---but it's certainly not Eddie. 

Edited by gryphon
  • Love 1

Jeremiah screaming into the pillow was hilarious but he should kick out Divya and the baby.  Glad he told Hank things cannot go back to the way they were.  Cannot stand Emma, don't trust her, don't care about her.  I do love seeing Paige's clothes/jewelry.  The storyline with the tennis player was boring.    Agreeing with Bungalow Summer...that tennis player was skin and bones, nothing like a tennis player should look.  Where is BORIS???

Jeremiah screaming into the pillow was hilarious but he should kick out Divya and the baby.  Glad he told Hank things cannot go back to the way they were.  Cannot stand Emma, don't trust her, don't care about her.  I do love seeing Paige's clothes/jewelry.  The storyline with the tennis player was boring.    Agreeing with Bungalow Summer...that tennis player was skin and bones, nothing like a tennis player should look.  Where is BORIS???

(edited)

I think we can all agree that anyone who has watched TV before knew she was faking the rich girl persona. I admit that I guffawed when Jeremiah screamed  - the whole build up of walking walking, opening the rubbermaid - hilarious. I'm not sure why he is stil allowing her to be there - but at least they tried to explain it away a bit with the "well after the c-section i needed help" ("but you were gone" being implied.)

I want to see Evan and Paige's new house. Also, throw in a little of Paige's boss - he's always fun.

I thought the Lawsons were super rude to the shopkeeper. I know they were trying to prove to Emma they were on her side, but i thought it was forced. I thought for sure paige would go back in and slip her the money.

WHY Eddie and no Christine Ebersole?!?!

(ETA because I can't spell)

Edited by betsyboo
  • Love 1

When Evan said, "This doesn't fit" concerning Emma I thought the exact same thing. I don't like the complications of wondering if she's lying or not. I enjoy the lightheartedness of the show and was looking forward to it this summer. I don't want to have to think or figure things out.

(edited)

I thought the Lawsons were super rude to the shopkeeper. I know they were trying to prove to Emma they were on her side, but i thought it was forced.

ITA. In my opinion Emma was in the wrong. I think if you actually use a thing you bought, it's yours.

Being rich nasties to intimidate the shopkeeper seemed out of character for Paige and Evan. Ok, I can see Evan getting off on it but I didn't expect that of Paige. I'm gonna have to keep an eye on that girl from now on.

Edited by CoderLady

Why is Divya still living with Jeremiah? She made up with her parents, and presumably, isn't cut off financially anymore. Surely, she could have moved home while she recuperated?? And I thought Jeremiah's house was enormous. Why can he stll hear that screaming baby?

I do so want Jeremiah to kick Divya and her burping baby out the door. I loved how he flat out told Hank that no, they can't go back to the way things were before.

I'm dumbfounded by the paradox of this show. Hank and Jeremiah was a good scene and dare I say well-written. Everything with Jeremiah is pretty well done and interesting. He's not going to kick Divya out, that would clearly be OOC. Instead he's going to hang out at the bar to work. That's a good move that could open up interesting Jeremiah plots. I'm actually impressed he didn't faint dead away when the baby puked on him.

The secret sister turns out to be poor. Was anyone surprised?

And does anyone care? Did the show need this? I get that TPTBs want to do something different on a show and put new challenges out for the characters, and I don't want to see the same thing for 5+ years on a show either, but this was a poor choice. I said last season over at the other place that the episodes sometimes seem to have different writers. Because this was stupid and boring, but Jeremiah was interesting. 

I don't know what they're aiming for at this point.

I've said this before too. TPTBs need to look at the show they have and not the show they want. To be fair, credit is due: Hank flat out said that he's not interested in running the company. He never has been and it's long past time that this was shown on the show. 

The show is stronger when it's an ensemble and not Hank-focused, and they need to realize this.

I thought the Lawsons were super rude to the shopkeeper. I know they were trying to prove to Emma they were on her side, but i thought it was forced. I thought for sure paige would go back in and slip her the money.

That was way way OOC especially for Paige. I thought Evan was going to pay for it as a gift to his new sister. And if it was Evan throwing his weight around like that Paige would have ripped him a new asshole in the public square. I don't know who wrote this part of the script, but I seriously question whether they know these characters. 

However, Evan And Paige Solving Mysteries should be done more. 

Did they really need counseling? They've been shown to be able to talk out their problems for the most part. 

The only thing with the messy kitchen vision was that Divya already destroyed his kitchen with her baker friend previously. So he's already processed the experience. 

Jeremiah walking into his insane linen closet and screaming into the pillow was great. (And as an aside, I am insanely jealous of Jeremiah's house.) I too wish he would ask Divya to leave-- why is she still there? I totally get her needing help after the c-section (having had one myself recently), but now she needs to think about moving out. Jeremiah is unlikely to ask her to leave, so Divya needs to step up and make arrangements so she's no longer imposing on him. I am glad to see that Sashi hasn't just disappeared now that she's born, as often happens on tv.

I'm really glad Hank and Jeremiah discussed their relationship and came up with a solution that makes them both happy and keeps Jeremiah around.

Patients of the week were just fine-- nice to see Ken again. I like he and Hank ribbing each other. I agree that the tennis play looked way too small to be an actual tennis player.

At first I thought maybe Emma was pulling a con (her father's daughter)-- and I guess in a way she was. Paige and Evan bullying the shop keeper rubbed me the wrong way too, and didn't like something either of them would do. I get supporting Emma, but that seems to send the wrong message.

(edited)

I guess I'm not yet convinced she is Eddie's daughter.  I know she said she had DNA evidence, but no one saw it.  And how would she have gotten that since she never met Eddie?  How could she get a hold of his DNA to compare to hers?

I took an instant dislike to her, so maybe that's coloring my view of this whole story line.

It was definitely out of character for Paige and Evan to bully the shopkeeper like that, especially when Paige saw the tag on her clothes and knew the girl was pulling a con.  That made me hate this story line even more.  I don't want them to rewrite who Paige is as a person to serve whatever ridiculous plot they've cooked up for Emma.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 1

I liked the tennis players in love. I would have rather seen that conversation than Emma, who is already annoying. She made Paige into a butch with that shopkeeper, which I hated.

Poor Jeremiah. It's been 4 months after your c-section Divya, and you are working. Time to stop mooching off of Jeremiah.

I do so want Jeremiah to kick Divya and her burping baby out the door

For the love of all that's holy, me too!  Goodness, she's annoying!  And, even though she was broke and had to repay her almost-in-laws for her almost-wedding, you've gotta figure she can afford to move to her own place by now, and hire a nanny.  For cripes sakes, poor Jeremiah and his spotless white linen closet!  And I can't for the life of me figure out what he sees in her.  She's currently the thing that irks me the most on this show (well, that, and Paige's unrealistically high heels that no woman in her right mind would wear walking around for an entire day, unless it was at a posh poolside cocktail party where she didn't have to move away from the bar).

But I love this show anyway.  I guess it's my love of Ben Shenkman, who I just saw in "Angels In America", and was absolutely blown away.

I don't know what this says about the episode but 2 days after watching it, I have absolutely no idea what it was about, what happened, what the cases were about or anything else other than Jeremiah pulling the white pillow out of the Rubbermaid container to yell into it. Oh and Eddie showing up at the end acting like his usual self centered duffus self.

• Love 1

I don't know what this says about the episode but 2 days after watching it, I have absolutely no idea what it was about, what happened, what the cases were about or anything else other than Jeremiah pulling the white pillow out of the Rubbermaid container to yell into it. Oh and Eddie showing up at the end acting like his usual self centered duffus self.

Yep.  And seriously show?  TAMRA BARNEY JUDGE?  Knows Hank?  And like she would question HIS membership in a Racquet Club when hers is 3,000 miles away?  I get that USA and Bravo share a corporate parent -  I think three years ago we had the Countess, but at least she actually lives in the Hamptons.  Next up - Teresa Guidice seeks out Hank's advice for a doctor's note to keep her out of jail. 

I was so hoping that Emma was actually a stalker or grifter so that we wouldn't be subjected to another visit from Eddie Lawson.  Ugh.  The cast may love the character but the viewers certainly don't.  I have to agree with Tara that Boris is a bore and completely unnecessary.  I never much cared for the character aside from some of the intrigue in the earlier seasons.  I must not have been paying much attention in the previous episode but did Bore-is ever explain why he lied to Hank about breaking his leg while Divya was in labor?

• Love 1

Guess I'm wondering when they will bring back Paige's parents.  It's time for more family conflict.  Sure as heck the new sister isn't doing it.

I was also surprised about how the Lawsons handled the honesty factor of Emma.  The shop keeper should have been supported and the girl called out about the lying and cheating.

Paige was definitely wrong in letting her return the dress and bag and it breaks the character profile of Paige as a classy lady.  Not just that she was raised with money but that she is protrayed as a woman  who is sensitive to the concerns of others.