Type keyword(s) to search

Calling Maybe? Manifest Spoilers & Speculation

ohjoy
  • Start Topic

Our Inner Grace doesn't want to know.

Seriously though, they're waiting until the last minute to do a promotional push.  I'm curious how many people still remember or care enough to tune into Season 2.  It's not a great show, but I do want to see it last another season or two.

I don't watch network TV much so I don't know how often they've been airing the Season 2 promo, which I haven't actually seen.  On Google, there are several articles but not too many.  There's an interview with the cinematographer... that's not very common.

Edited by Camera One

For those of you who are a bit hazy about what happened last season, here's a quick recap of where we left off at the end of Season 1 -- Previously on Manifest
-- Griffin, the sunken van survivor, barfed up the East River and then died
-- The Callings, apparently still a thing, are still talking to the 828ers including Zeke, the guy from the cave
-- The Major is still around doing 'research', and just happens to be Saanvi's therapist
-- Saanvi confirmed that Griffin has the same blood marker as Cal (whatever that means)
-- Grace is pregnant with Ben's child .... or Danny's child ... who knows at this point, it could be Lourdes' child (I kid, I kid)
-- the 828ers might have an expiration date, and Olive jumped to some big conclusions to determine it (but Ben used MATH to figure it out), so they are all good to check out on June 2, 2024 (who's kidding who, this show won't make it to 2024)
-- Zeke and Jared wrestle in Micheala's apartment over Zeke's handgun, just as Michaela enters the apartment and a shot rings out
-- plus, we still don't know what happened to the pilot, or what that light was that Cal saw on the plane amongst many other seemingly dropped plot threads

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

I don’t have any spoilers, but here’s some speculation. Assuming this show doesn’t get cancelled first, I think how it should end would be all the remaining survivors “dying” on the infamous Death Date, after accomplishing whatever all the Callings wanted them to accomplish. They are then immediately returned to the moment before the plane gets sucked into whatever time warp it went into. In the final scene, they land right on time back in New York just as they were supposed to in the first place. And none of them remember any of this happening.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

I don’t have any spoilers, but here’s some speculation. Assuming this show doesn’t get cancelled first, I think how it should end would be all the remaining survivors “dying” on the infamous Death Date, after accomplishing whatever all the Callings wanted them to accomplish. They are then immediately returned to the moment before the plane gets sucked into whatever time warp it went into. In the final scene, they land right on time back in New York just as they were supposed to in the first place. And none of them remember any of this happening.

Reminds me of the last episode of “Newhart”--not a bad idea. 

(edited)
17 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

How about same scenario^ except they do remember everything?

If they do remember everything, this could work for a season finale that might be a series finale.

Edited by shapeshifter

I wasn't sure if this was considered a spoiler or not, so I'm posting it here (just in case)...

‘Manifest’: ‘The Americans’ Alumna Holly Taylor Joins NBC’s Missing Plane Drama Series
By Denise Petski    September 22, 2020 
https://deadline.com/2020/09/manifest-the-americans-holly-taylor-nbc-missing-plane-drama-series-1234582061/ 

EXCLUSIVE: Former The Americans star Holly Taylor is set as a new series regular in the upcoming third season of NBC’s Manifest, from Jeff Rake and Warner Bros. TV. It’s slated to premiere in 2021.

Taylor will join the cast as Angelina, a Flight 828 passenger who has flown under Ben’s (Josh Dallas) radar so far. Her emergence will play an integral part in the lives of the Stone family this season.

Holly-Taylor-NBC-1.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop= 

Edited by tv echo

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on The Boys, TWD, Lucifer, Supernatural, NCIS: LA, Manifest, SEAL Team, NCIS and More!
By Matt Webb Mitovich / September 24 2020
https://tvline.com/2020/09/24/the-boys-season-2-spoilers-maeve-homelander/ 

With the Major gone on Manifest, will anyone still be trying to “weaponize” the 828ers’ anomaly? –Brett
“That’s an open question, because we learned all the way back in Season 1 that the Major obviously is not working alone,” showrunner Jeff Rake reminds. “Just because she’s been taken out doesn’t mean that that’s not still an agenda that someone at the government is still focused on.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Manifest Casts Grace's Estranged Brother — But Can He Be Trusted?
By Matt Webb Mitovich / October 12 2020
https://tvline.com/2020/10/12/manifest-season-3-cast-grace-brother-warner-miller/ 

NBC’s Manifest in Season 3 will introduce us to a member of Grace’s family — though it may not necessarily be “happy to see me” when the kin reconnect.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Warner Miller, whose previous credits include Marvel’s Luke Cage and Boardwalk Empire, has landed the recurring role of Tarik, Grace’s (Athena Karkanis) estranged stepbrother who reluctantly agrees to help the Stone family when they have nowhere else to turn.

As showrunner Jeff Rake previously teased of the character’s introduction: “Let the fireworks begin!”

Miller isn’t the only new face on board for Season 3, which was originally scheduled to land this fall but instead will take flight in early 2021. In September it was announced that The Americans‘ Holly Taylor has been cast as Angelina, a Flight 828 passenger who thus far has flown under Ben’s (Josh Dallas) radar, and whose emergence will play an integral part in the lives of the Stone family.

Rake shared over the summer that Season 3 will pick up three months after the events of the Season 2 finale, during which (among other things) Zeke died but came back to us, and a fishing boat off Cuba dredged from the sea a tail fin from Montego Airlines’ Flight 828. Speaking of the latter, Rake’s teased that “Ben and Saanvi do a deep dive” on said tail fin, which was found by a boat named Tesoro di San Antonio — “the treasure of Saint Anthony,” which is fitting since Saint Anthony is the “patron saint of lost things.”

Rake also said that “a long-lost character will make a shocking reappearance,” Jared will have a “complicated new relationship” of the romantic sort, and newlyweds Mick and Zeke move in together with a “third party.”

warner-miller-by-Brian-Everett-Francis.j 

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Oh no, the special child trope...

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on NCIS: LA, Chicago Fire, Manifest, The Boys, SEAL Team, Supernatural, S.W.A.T. and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / October 27 2020
https://tvline.com/2020/10/27/chicago-fire-season-9-spoilers-foster-leaving-annie-ilonzeh/

How will Manifest Season 3 explore Eden’s legacy as a post-Flight 828 baby who may have inherited both callings and a death date? –Kristi
“Baby Eden will become increasingly central to our Season 3 storytelling,” showrunner Jeff Rake affirms, teasing: “It will be someone outside the Stone family who first vibes there may be something special about this child.”

Edited by tv echo
On 10/28/2020 at 7:17 AM, shapeshifter said:

🙄

Ben will begin a season-long search for an ancient Mayan dictionary that allows them to interpret the various sounds made by the special baby.  Only a mysterious stranger will know that "Ga ga wa wa" means someone is going to get a convenient calling soon, but can you trust him?  

• LOL 3
5 hours ago, Camera One said:

Ben will begin a season-long search for an ancient Mayan dictionary that allows them to interpret the various sounds made by the special baby.  Only a mysterious stranger will know that "Ga ga wa wa" means someone is going to get a convenient calling soon, but can you trust him?  

Maybe they should ditch the Mayans and get the baby translator built by Homer's brother, Herb, on The Simpsons. He's a stranger. :)

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on NCIS, Lucifer, Prodigal Son, New Amsterdam, Chi Med, Manifest, All Rise and More!
By Matt Webb Mitovich / February 18 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/02/18/ncis-season-18-spoilers-sloane-leaving-replacement/

I would love to know more about Angelina’s role in Manifest Season 3. –Anouk
By Angelina, you mean the new 828er being played by The Americans‘ Holly Taylor? Well, having glimpsed the first five minutes of Season 3 (as I moderated the NBC series’ upcoming WonderCon panel), I can tell you that Angelina appears in one of the very first scenes (following a fun peek at Michaela and Zeke’s honeymoon) — and it is not under the best of circumstances.

How many episodes are in Manifest Season 3? –Hector
Showrunner Jeff Rake confirms that the new season, (finally) arriving Thursday, April 1, will run 13 episodes.

Edited by tv echo

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Legends, Flash, Million Things, Chicago P.D., Star, Good Girls, Manifest, NCIS: LA and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / February 25 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/02/25/the-flash-season-7-spoilers-returning-villains/ 

Will this season of Manifest (premiering Thursday, April 1) give us closure about what happened to Captain Bill Daly and Fiona after they both disappeared in Season 1? –Rebecca
Showrunner Jeff Rake declared that to be a “great question” when I delivered it to him earlier this week, before offering up this answer: “Captain Daly and Fiona are not directly a part of Season 3 storytelling, but Captain Daly and all that he represents is a really big part of the season.” Speaking alongside cast member Parveen Kaur, he added, “Not to put words in Parveen’s mouth, but some of Saanvi’s storytelling that takes place in the scientific side of our investigation starts tiptoeing into a theory that harkens back to everything that Captain Daly was theorizing back in the day.”

Edited by tv echo

Inside Line Scoop: The Rookie, Lucifer, Blue Bloods, New Amsterdam, Grey's, Nancy Drew, #OneChicago and More!
By Matt Webb Mitovich / March 25 2021, 
https://tvline.com/2021/03/25/the-rookie-season-3-spoilers-bradford-lopez/

I’m curious, where will Zeke Landon’s storyline go in Manifest Season 3, after surviving the Death Date? –Angelica
I binged the first few episodes (ahead of the Thursday, April 1 premiere), and thus far at least two things are born of Zeke’s death-defying ordeal: 1) He may no longer have callings, but he seems to have acquired a new… talent. And B), what he went through raises big questions for a certain someone who no longer has any callings to follow in order to beat their own Death Date!

Edited by tv echo

I barely remember who these people are anymore, but I saw a teaser for the show the other night, showing the wreckage of the magical plane, and got a laugh out of Ben with knitted brow saying 'That tail fin is calling me'. 

I'm still in disbelief that this show got a THIRD season. If it hadn't been for the pandemic....🤢

• Love 2
On 2/19/2021 at 7:34 AM, tv echo said:

new 828er being played by The Americans‘ Holly Taylor?

I read that as Holland Taylor and got excited.  I suppose there is no chance that is a typo and it is really Holland Taylor joining the show.  I imagine her character would be irritated and throwing shade at everyone except possibly Vance.

• LOL 2

Manifest Stars Melissa Roxburgh And Matt Long Hype A 'Massive Reveal' And More In Season 3
LAURA HURLEY    MAR. 30. 2021
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2565119/manifest-melissa-roxburgh-matt-long-massive-reveal-season-3

Melissa Roxburgh and Matt Long, who play Michaela Stone and Zeke Landon on Manifest, spoke with CinemaBlend and other outlets recently about the third season, and they shared what they were dying to explore in Season 3 and what they thought fans would be especially excited for. Looking back at the Season 2 cliffhanger, Roxburgh previewed what's ahead in Season 3:

"The discovery of the tailfin was massive because it's a physical answer or a physical question, whatever way you look at it. But up until then, it's kind of all been like cerebral and following Callings. But this was the first little thing that we've been able to hold on to. So I think that was really exciting to go into Season 3 on. And then as far as what I think fans will freak out over is the finale of Season 3. It kind of re-births the show in a way."
Matt Long opened up about Zeke in Season 3, and also teased a "massive reveal" on the way:

"I was most looking forward to what Zeke's new life would be. He survived the death date at the end of Season 2. And I wanted to see how he came back. And he has really been reborn in almost every single way possible, except he still has the love of his life. And he's still involved in this story. And then I agree with Melissa [about] the finale. We also have a midseason finale that is huge. We got such a big piece of the puzzle at the end of Season 2 with Zeke surviving his death date. We thought we maybe understood how that was possible. But it's not as simple as that, as we find out in the midseason finale. It's a massive reveal that has implications for everyone in the show. It's not nearly as simple as we thought. And then the finale of the season is just explosive, unlike anything we've had, like Melissa said, and people are going to be absolutely shocked."

Matt Long not only agreed with Melissa Roxburgh about the Season 3 finale being massive, but also hyped the midseason finale that will change what fans (and presumably characters) thought they knew about death dates. Whether or not that's a good thing remains to be seen; even though Zeke survived, he's still an outlier at this point, and the Manifest stars' comments suggest that the plot is only going to get more layered as the third season picks up. But at least one big reveal is on the way!

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

16 hours ago, tv echo said:

And then as far as what I think fans will freak out over is the finale of Season 3. It kind of re-births the show in a way."

Re-birth, Re-tread.  Potato, Potaaato.  We know the show goes around in circles already, Michaela.

We also have a midseason finale that is huge.   It's a massive reveal that has implications for everyone in the show.

Just like the Season 2 finale.  Where Zeke does not die.  Even though they told us all season he was going to die.  Huuuuuuuuuge (letdown).

• LOL 2
13 hours ago, Camera One said:

Series creator Jeff Rake reiterated he has a six year plan.  Heh.

Here's hoping. Despite my current dissatisfaction with the show, I'll probably keep watching because of my need for closure. If I managed to stick through all three seasons of Under the Dome, then I think I can stick through six seasons of Manifest, which is a better show.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, tv echo said:

If I managed to stick through all three seasons of Under the Dome, then I think I can stick through six seasons of Manifest, which is a better show.

Yes, towards the end, I was actively hating Under the Dome.  

• Love 2
On 4/4/2021 at 12:08 PM, Camera One said:

Yes, towards the end, I was actively hating Under the Dome.  

I have completely blocked out the show.  I know I watched it - I think until the end - but I cannot recall much after the first season. Were there annoying teens involved?

(edited)

Manifest's Holly Taylor on Angelina's Surprising Connection to [_______] and 'Rough Road Ahead' for New 828er
By Matt Webb Mitovich / April 8 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/04/08/manifest-recap-season-3-episode-2-holly-taylor-angelina-meth-head-connection/ 

TVLINE | What are we to make of the fact that Pete (played by Devin Harjes), one of the Meth Heads, happened to be the background of a photo of 10-year-old Angelina?
It’s pretty crazy. Like, what are the odds of that? It’s one of those things that could only happen in the world of Manifest, where “everything is connected” as they always say. Seeing Pete in the background of that photo is foreshadowing some more information in the future and will potentially lead to something that the audience isn’t going to expect.

TVLINE | So it might be more than a coincidence. It could be hinting at a connection to be explored?
There definitely is a connection between the two of them that is going to grow and flourish throughout some of the season.

TVLINE | Who of the two would you say is more fixated on their connection, him or her?
I would say it’s equal. Angelina is really desperate for any kind of connection. She doesn’t have anyone in her life that is really there for her, except for the Stone family. Any connection that she can have she grabs onto desperately. Pete also doesn’t have the best support system around him either, so someone who genuinely cares about him is probably refreshing.

TVLINE | Of course we have several characters who were on Flight 828, a bunch of them get callings… All told, what specific role will Angelina serve this season? What new directions will she take this storyline?
Hmm, thats a loaded question! I think that Angelina is going to open up lots of different paths for the Stone family this season. At first, of course, it’s just the journey of them finding her, saving her, figuring out where she comes from, what her life has been like, and helping her get past the trauma  she has been through. But as Angelina starts to warm up to this family,  we definitely see a bond growing with Olive (played by Luna Blaise).  Olive takes her in and shows her how to follow the callings, and see how positive  things can come out of that. Angelina learns that she doesn’t need to be scared of them, as she has been.

TVLINE | And that in turn gives Olive added purpose. As someone without callings, that character has always been looking for her place in this story. Now she gets to be a conduit, a helper.
That’s the whole point for it, definitely. Aside from them being similar in age, Olive gets a sense of independence and responsibility from this that she has been missing out on.

TVLINE | I believe it’s some sort of old timey actor thing to ask, “What does my character want?” So, what does Angelina want, coming out of that horrific ordeal with her parents?
Really, the whole season, everything that Angelina does is driven by her want for connection, for someone to be there  for her in her life. Everyone that she has had has either left or thought that she was crazy, or disregarded her — including her own parents, as we saw.
TVLINE | Lastly, is there anything ahead for your character that is even more harrowing than how we first found her, crammed into that cellar closet with food slipped to her?
I mean, that was definitely the most intense, emotional state that she was in throughout this season — but Angelina, believe it or not, is going to go through even more traumatic events. She is going to spiral again, and have to pick herself back up. Some crazy, heat-of-the-moment decisions are going to be made by her when she’s trying to navigate all of her feelings, so…. It doesn’t go down from there. If anything, it’s a rough road for the whole season for Angelina.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Legends, Chicago Fire, Manifest, Legacies, Zoey's, S.W.A.T., Magnum, SEAL Team and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / April 22 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/04/22/legends-of-tomorrow-season-6-spoilers-constantine-zari-romance-aliens/ 

Anything about Manifest‘s Jared that we don’t know about? –Cassia
“Jared is dead set on solving his cold case and solving his love life,” notes showrunner Jeff Rake. “He’ll achieve both. Or so he’ll think.”

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Manifest - Episode 3.10 - Compass Calibration - Promo + Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at May 14, 2021
https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/05/manifest-episode-310-compass.html

05/20/2021 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Thursday) : Ben's pursuit of a vulnerable Passenger's Calling lands him in the crosshairs of an enemy. Michaela unearths a dangerous arsenal of 828 hate. A seemingly natural disaster leads Saanvi to make a bold move. Angelina puts her connection with Eden to a dangerous test.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

If the showrunner reveals stuff, is it still a spoiler? In any event, I hate the love triangle returning, but I like his comments about Zeke's new abilities (it also sounds like Zeke survives into next season)..

‘Manifest’ Boss on the Love Triangle in Season 3: ‘True Love Never Dies’
Meredith Jacobs  APRIL 20, 2021
https://www.tvinsider.com/995583/manifest-season-3-jared-michaela-zeke-love-triangle-preview/ 

Zeke has this new supernatural empathy power as a result of surviving his death date. Why? How will that help the others this season?
Jeff Rake:
Viewers should pay close attention to the slow-burn evolution of Zeke’s new abilities. When we open Season 3, we find Zeke in a place of relief, joy, but also complacency, a little bit of confusion, and a little bit of anxiety. He’s asking himself, “Why did I survive? What’s the purpose of my survival and how can I be useful?” Not only to Michaela, his soulmate, but to the greater passenger community. It’s going to take him a while to understand the answer to that question. At first, he’s not even aware that there’s anything special going on with him. When you watch Episode 301, we the audience who are paying close attention are only vaguely aware that maybe something is up with Zeke.

As we watch Zeke’s journey evolve in the early episodes, he starts to become subtly aware that he has the empathic ability, but to what end? He’ll be unpacking that all season. And it won’t really be until the end of Season 3 when we have platformed the significance of Zeke’s abilities relative to the rest of the passengers. While Zeke’s abilities seem to be a small grace note to his survival and seem to pale in comparison to the abilities of Michaela and other passengers who get Callings, we’ll come to discover that his abilities are equal, if not more important than the passengers’ as we get to the end of Season 3 and platform his role in Season 4 and beyond.
We haven’t seen anything really from the Jared-Michaela-Zeke love triangle yet. What is coming up there this season?
We’re at that point in the sine curve of the triangle, right? There’s always dips and peaks, valleys and peaks in a good relationship triangle. We come into Season 3 with everyone on their best behavior with the best of intentions trying to just get along. Jared is trying to make peace with the fact that Michaela is married now. No, he couldn’t ultimately stand there and watch them get married, but he also didn’t break up that wedding. He’s trying to be a big guy, do the right thing, let her live her life. And he’s trying to move on.

Similarly, Jared and Zeke at times extend the olive branch to each other. They are trying to be friends. They’re trying to each support and champion Michaela in their own way. And Michaela and Jared are trying to be friends again. They’re going to do a really good job of that for a while. But at the same time, true love never dies, and it’ll only be so long before Jared can continue to just hold down what he feels so strongly in his heart. Given Zeke’s growing empathic abilities, once Jared starts to feel what he’s feeling, it’s only going to be a matter of time before Zeke becomes aware of it as well.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Manifest's Latest Quake Reveals a Surprising Guardian Angel – WATCH
By Matt Webb Mitovich / May 19 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/05/19/manifest-video-season-3-episode-10-earthquake-guardian-angel-eden/

In the above clip from the episode “Compass Calibration” (airing Thursday at 8/7c), Angelina (played by Holly Taylor) is hanging out with Beverly (Adriane Lenox) — who mistakes her for Olive, which the Single White Female-y 828er surely does not mind! — when Saanvi’s work over at Eureka triggers another, significant earthquake here in the tri-state area.

As Grace (Athena Karkanis) rushes to grab baby Eden, a light fixture comes crashing down at the Stone home, and it surely would have injured Angelina (or worse) — were it not for the apparent intervention of a surprising “guardian angel.” Press play above to see what exactly is “shaking” on Manifest.
Elsewhere in the 10th episode of Season 3: Ben’s pursuit of a vulnerable passenger’s calling lands him in the crosshairs of an enemy; Michaela unearths a dangerous arsenal of 828 hate; and Saanvi is led to make a bold move.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Manifest - Episode 3.11 - Duty Free - Promo + Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at May 21, 2021
https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/05/manifest-episode-311-duty-free-press.html

"DUTY FREE"
06/03/2021 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Thursday) : The consequences of Ben’s actions tests his marriage and sends Grace reeling. Michaela makes a difficult decision regarding Saanvi’s secret. Cal, following his intuition, provides secret refuge to an outcast.

Edited by tv echo

Josh Dallas & Parveen Kaur Tease 'Manifest' Season Finale
ET Canada    May 25, 2021

Josh Dallas and Parveen Kaur tell ET Canada's Graeme O'Neil what fans can expect in the season 3 finale of "Manifest", revealing there will be a "very dark cliffhanger." The double-episode finale will air on June 10 at 8 p.m. on Citytv and Citytv.com.

• Love 1
(edited)

Two-hour season finale airs on June 10...

Manifest 3x12 & 3x13 "Mayday" Promo (HD) Season Finale
TV Promos   Jun 3, 2021

Manifest 3x12 "Mayday - Part 1" & 3x13 "Mayday - Part 2"  Promo (Season Finale) - The Stones are reunited with Olive, yet their happiness is quickly interrupted when they discover Cal has run away. As Michaela struggles to help the passengers avoid a deadly threat, her relationship with Jared sours over mistrust.

Manifest 3x13 "Mayday - Part 2" (Season Finale) -  Ben and Saanvi undertake a treacherous mission to save someone they love, defying Eureka and the forces of nature. Driven by her most ominous Calling to date, Michaela along with Zeke race to stop a passenger before his actions turn deadly. Jared and Vance team up to save a loved one, but the partnership soon reveals secrets that could upend both mens’ lives. ....

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

TV Insider published a very illuminating (and spoilerish) interview with creator Jeff Rake and star Josh Dallas, who clarified some stuff that's happened and also talked generally about what would happen in Season 4 (if there is a Season 4)...

‘Manifest’ Boss & Josh Dallas Break Down That 828 Shocker, Ben’s Dark Edge and More
Meredith Jacobs      June 11, 2021
https://www.tvinsider.com/1001607/manifest-season-3-finale-daly-returns-plane-disappears/ 

What can you say about where Captain Daly has been?
Jeff Rake:
Here’s my non-answer answer. We revealed a lot in Season 3. We have now kind of moved away from faith versus science. We’re telling a story about divine intervention and about how the passengers are going to navigate this path — not that science can’t have a role in trying to counter and thread the needle of a story about divine intervention. Someone once said God is a scientist, and Saanvi the scientist is still going to try to figure out how to impact this story of divine intervention.

We are now in a realm where we are talking about our passengers interacting with the divine, so Captain Daly is interacting with the divine. Where has Captain Daly been since he bewilderingly disappeared a year and a half ago in story time? Whether it’s purgatory, whether it’s the netherworld, these are terms and concepts that Ben and others will struggle to understand. That idea of the divine taking you away, but keeping you in a holding pattern — which is probably an apt flight analogy — as your ultimate fate is determined speaks to where Captain Daly has been. Let’s put it this way: Captain Daly has been exactly where the passengers as a group were for those five and a half years. Captain Daly has been exactly where Cal was from the end of Episode 312 when he disappears to when he returns right there at the very end of the season finale. What that place is I’m gonna let Cal speak to that when we come back in Season 4. I’m going to let Ben chew on that and use that information to try to navigate where to go forward.
What about where Captain Daly and the plane disappear to? Should we be looking at where the tailfin or things in the past have gone, or should we think about something completely different?
Rake:
That’s a great question. That’s fundamental to Ben’s puzzle in Season 4 and going forward because Ben understandably is going to come to believe that his disappearance, the passengers’ disappearance, Captain Daly, Cal, the tailfin itself, that they’ve all been going to the same place that this divine intervention is the puppet master moving his strings. As Ben, Michaela, Saanvi, everyone continues to try to put the pieces together, they’re going to try to decipher whether it’s possible to access that place if this is purgatory, some unknown destination that no one knows about. They’ll be poring through the Bible, they’ll be poring through the Noah’s Ark myth, and other biblical stories to try to understand exactly how to access this place, wherever it is, how one gets in and how one gets out, and that’ll be part and parcel of how they try to save themselves.

Ben didn’t always handle things that happened in Season 3 in the best of ways. So how is he going to be handling everything that’s happened? Grace is dead, Angelina took his daughter…
Josh Dallas:
I don’t know how he goes forward. At the end of Season 3, you see him just saying he doesn’t understand. Saanvi says to him, “You gotta have faith,” and he does have faith, but he doesn’t understand. That’s one of the key things into Ben: He wants to understand so much. He wants to understand everything. I think that ultimately got him in hot water this season, because he’s so determined and so blinded, as I think most people would in this situation. If the situation ever happened to anybody, you would be so dogged about finding out what happened to you that some things, judgment being one of those things, kind of go out the window.
But I think in his mind, whether what he’s doing is right or wrong, he can justify it to himself. It’s been a really great season for him and I think he’s gone on such a big journey. We see the end of Season 3, he’s unaware of what happened with Grace until he goes into that Calling, and then I think we can assume he knows something’s going to happen. So where we start off Season 4, I’m not for sure, but he is going to have a lot to deal with and whether or not he keeps that sort of dark edge that’s been creeping into him into Season 4 and whether that gets bigger … I can imagine that not only is he going to be even more propelled to find out what happened to him, but what happened to Grace and who’s responsible and where’s his baby and where’s Angelina. I don’t know if he’s going to handle all of those things within the letter of the law.

What’s next with Michaela and that love triangle? It sounded like the talk Zeke wanted to have might mean the end of their marriage.
Rake:
I know what you mean when you watch that moment and I get it, but let’s put it this way: I don’t think that Zeke is going to throw in the towel so easily and I think that Michaela is deeply conflicted. We’re gonna watch that conflict play out. It would be too easy for the story and it would be too easy for those characters to walk away from that marriage. Things are much more complicated on Manifest. And so I would never expect Michaela or Zeke to throw the towel in on each other, nor would I expect Jared to throw in the towel. He made his intentions quite clear standing out there on the street in those final moments of the season finale. So you can expect much more heartache and tension as we continue to kind of play the sine curve of that triangle.
Saanvi seems to have redeemed herself because she had a Calling again, which was big. So what does that mean for her journey moving forward?
Rake:
Yeah, that’s hugely important, not just for Saanvi, but for all the passengers. Saanvi hadn’t experienced Callings for well over a year in story time, and there’s been so much conversation among all of the characters about how they may potentially save themselves. The biggest data point prior to the Season 3 finale was Zeke’s survival. When Zeke survived his own death date at the end of Season 2, that was the first piece of evidence that survival is possible, but how did he survive? And now here, as we get to Saanvi reclaiming her Callings, it’s the second giant data point that lines up with Zeke’s survival. It suggests that there is a path for redemption, as one thinks about it within the realm of good and evil and Old Testament theology, New Testament theology, non-Western theology about life and death and justice and redemption and an afterlife.

There are so many questions and answers that humans have struggled with for generations and generations. That’s what we’re trying to tug at right here in our little story. Yes, it appears that Saanvi has redeemed herself, but does that mean that anyone can redeem themselves from taking a life? Does it have to do with the unique circumstances of having taken a life inadvertently, accidentally? Does it have to do with the fact that Saanvi took the life of someone who meant to do harm to others, that victim was a morally compromised person? All of those gray areas speak to the struggle that all of our passengers will be dealing with in the seasons to come, as they ask themselves, Who will be able to live? Who deserves to die? Can any act be redeemed? Are there any acts that can never be redeemed? These are the important questions that we’ll be playing with all the way to the end of the story.
Speaking of acts that can’t be redeemed, I would think taking a baby is one of them. Do you consider Angelina a villain of the week or few weeks or a Big Bad?
Rake:
Angelina is now as much a part of the fabric of this story as anyone else. In the back half of Season 3, the audience will now come to realize, among other things, we were telling the origin story of a triumvirate — Angelina, Eagan [Ali Lopez-Sohaili], and Adrian [Jared Grimes] — who have come together to represent the oppositional viewpoint of Ben, Michaela, Saanvi and Cal. This chasm, this dichotomy between two groups of passengers is going to drive conflict and tension and build the stakes for the seasons to come as we move closer to the death date.

It may seem that Angelina, Adrian, and Eagan are deluded, it may seem that they are crazy. Many will believe that Angelina is evil, but, as I hope the audience was able to parse from that final episode, while the result is terrible and devastating and deadly and unforgivable, Angelina in her own way believed that she was doing something to save not only herself but to save the other passengers from a group of people who she believes were going against God’s will. This is delicate, tricky, controversial stuff, and we’re gonna continue to explore those complicated themes as we go forward. We haven’t come close to seeing the last of Angelina.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Josh Dallas teases two-year time jump in Manifest season 4 (Interview)
by Aysha Ashley Househ   June 2, 2022
https://netflixlife.com/2022/06/02/josh-dallas-teases-two-year-time-jump-manifest-season-4-interview/

Netflix Life had the opportunity to speak to the Ben Stone actor about what to expect for his character in the upcoming fourth season, what it was like directing an episode, and he’s got a personal thank you message for the adoring fans!
Although Dallas couldn’t reveal many details about the popular show’s fourth season, he did provide some teases on what we can expect in general and for his character. When asked how Ben is handling being a single parent, Dallas shared “not very well.”

“We begin the next season two years from where we left off season 3. So we’ve moved ahead in time,” said Dallas. “And Ben is an interesting, complicated character. He is very singular in the way that he thinks. And everything he does is absolutely for his family, and for the love of his family, and to protect his family. But because of that singular way of thinking that he has, it can sometimes start to alienate the people closest to him. And a lot of the time, it’s his way or the highway. And most of the time, he’s right. But sometimes he’s wrong. It’s hard for him to not move through the world with sort of blinkers around his eyes.”
The actor said he hasn’t gotten to the end of the story yet, but joked that sometimes he thinks Ben himself could be the group’s downfall because of his “singular” way of thinking.

“He is always going into it with good intentions but also willing to break the rules sometimes in order to get at what he needs or wants to find out,” said Dallas. “And I think maybe there’s a certain amount of guilt that he carries for some reason about what happened to them and the time that he lost. And I think he wants to fix that, and he wants to create something new in the now with his family, with his loved ones, but he does get very, very singular.”

The first part of the season isn’t going to be easy, according to Dallas. Could that mean the first 10 episodes? We already know the fourth and final season will be a total of 20 episodes, which will be split. The Ben Stone actor confirmed they have wrapped filming on the first half, are on a “little hiatus,” and then will be back to work.

“We’re so grateful that we’re able to come back together and finish the story out. But it’s also kind of bittersweet because it’s what I’ve loved so much over the past four years. And to know that it’s finally coming to an end is gratifying and sad all at the same time,” said Dallas.
“From the deepest part of my soul, I thank our fans, our Manifesters, for coming to the show’s rescue and support. We do it for you, and we couldn’t do it without you,” said Dallas. “So we’re eternally grateful and cannot wait for you to see what we have in store for you for these final 20 episodes. It’s going to blow your mind.”

Dallas continued, “And you’re going to see some interesting things from the characters you know and love. And some you’re going to see in ways that you’ve never seen them before. And of course, we’re going to find out more and more about what happened to them, and where they were, and as we get closer and closer to the finale, the end. It’s going to be a ride.”

• Thanks 1
On 5/16/2021 at 8:50 AM, tv echo said:

If the showrunner reveals stuff, is it still a spoiler? In any event, I hate the love triangle returning, but I like his comments about Zeke's new abilities (it also sounds like Zeke survives into next season)..

‘Manifest’ Boss on the Love Triangle in Season 3: ‘True Love Never Dies’
Meredith Jacobs  APRIL 20, 2021
https://www.tvinsider.com/995583/manifest-season-3-jared-michaela-zeke-love-triangle-preview/ 

Zeke has this new supernatural empathy power as a result of surviving his death date. Why? How will that help the others this season?
Jeff Rake: Viewers should pay close attention to the slow-burn evolution of Zeke’s new abilities. When we open Season 3, we find Zeke in a place of relief, joy, but also complacency, a little bit of confusion, and a little bit of anxiety. He’s asking himself, “Why did I survive? What’s the purpose of my survival and how can I be useful?” Not only to Michaela, his soulmate, but to the greater passenger community. It’s going to take him a while to understand the answer to that question. At first, he’s not even aware that there’s anything special going on with him. When you watch Episode 301, we the audience who are paying close attention are only vaguely aware that maybe something is up with Zeke.

As we watch Zeke’s journey evolve in the early episodes, he starts to become subtly aware that he has the empathic ability, but to what end? He’ll be unpacking that all season. And it won’t really be until the end of Season 3 when we have platformed the significance of Zeke’s abilities relative to the rest of the passengers. While Zeke’s abilities seem to be a small grace note to his survival and seem to pale in comparison to the abilities of Michaela and other passengers who get Callings, we’ll come to discover that his abilities are equal, if not more important than the passengers’ as we get to the end of Season 3 and platform his role in Season 4 and beyond.
We haven’t seen anything really from the Jared-Michaela-Zeke love triangle yet. What is coming up there this season?
We’re at that point in the sine curve of the triangle, right? There’s always dips and peaks, valleys and peaks in a good relationship triangle. We come into Season 3 with everyone on their best behavior with the best of intentions trying to just get along. Jared is trying to make peace with the fact that Michaela is married now. No, he couldn’t ultimately stand there and watch them get married, but he also didn’t break up that wedding. He’s trying to be a big guy, do the right thing, let her live her life. And he’s trying to move on.

Similarly, Jared and Zeke at times extend the olive branch to each other. They are trying to be friends. They’re trying to each support and champion Michaela in their own way. And Michaela and Jared are trying to be friends again. They’re going to do a really good job of that for a while. But at the same time, true love never dies, and it’ll only be so long before Jared can continue to just hold down what he feels so strongly in his heart. Given Zeke’s growing empathic abilities, once Jared starts to feel what he’s feeling, it’s only going to be a matter of time before Zeke becomes aware of it as well.

Based on this and how season 3 went Michaela and Jared are totally end game. Barf... barf... barf...

• Sad 1
4 hours ago, Fireball said:

Based on this and how season 3 went Michaela and Jared are totally end game. Barf... barf... barf...

Yes to this, but I found the most upsetting thing to be the talk of a Season 4.  No!  End this stupidity, or Netflix will, since they've been canceling many shows and this will be next to go! 

21 minutes ago, dbklmt said:

Yes to this, but I found the most upsetting thing to be the talk of a Season 4.  No!  End this stupidity, or Netflix will, since they've been canceling many shows and this will be next to go! 

It's already been said that season 4 will be the final season.

• Thanks 2

"He's in this older body but has not matured to the level that would be apropos of his stature now, I guess," Doran says. "So it has been weird to... He's like a little kid. He's so angsty, he's got so many daddy issues, and he wants to help so bad. It's been interesting... Where he begins and where he ends are two very different places, and I think he really grows up over the course of this season."

This is the actor describing older Cal.

I'm not looking forward to seeing Cal's usual antics played out by a fully grown man.  

This is pure speculation, but is it possible that while Angelina is a crazy kidnapper, but did not kill Grace but they just want us to believe that she did?  Did we actually see her with a bloody knife?   I suppose I could go rewatch the finale.   Having her at these conventions, makes me wonder if they are going to do a redemption arc with her, which would be harder to do if she did actually kill Grace.

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Manifest, Ghosts, Chicago Fire, Grey's Anatomy, All American, 9-1-1, NCIS: LA and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / October 12 2022
https://tvline.com/lists/manifest-final-season-4-spoilers-zeke-michaela-jared-triangle/ 

Since we now know about Zeke’s empathic abilities on Manifest, will that ability grow and evolve this season? And will it have an impact on Zeke’s marriage to Michaela? –Angelica
I asked your question of Matt Long whilst moderating Manifest‘s PaleyFest NY panel this Tuesday night (see action shot above!), and Zeke’s portrayer answered, in short, “Yes. And yes.” (You can hear Long’s detailed response once video of my 40-minute Q&A with the cast and showrunner Jeff Rake surfaces.)

Since there will be a two-year time jump when Manifest returns, will we not get to see how Zeke and Mick’s “We need to talk” conversation went? –Dee
The same Matt Long confirmed at PaleyFest NY that, in fact, an early Season 4 episode will flash back to that delicate conversation — which I have watched, by the way, and it is some of Long and Melissa Roxburgh’s nicest work.

My question for the Manifest cast: Now that you know how the show ends, is it what you expected for your character? –Daniela
I will just say that when I asked the cast for a show of hands as I asked, “Who was most surprised by where their character ended up in the series finale?”, J.R. Ramirez’s arm shot up fastest and highest. Long’s was not far behind. (Reminder: Part 1 of Manifest‘s final, 20-episode season arrives Nov. 4 on Netflix.)

Inside Line: Scoop on Chicago Fire, Titans, FBI: International, Blue Bloods, The Cleaning Lady, Manifest and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / October 31 2022
https://tvline.com/lists/chicago-fire-season-11-stellaride-spoilers/ 

We’ve heard a lot about Ben’s grief beard in the first part of Manifest Season 4 (releasing Friday on Netflix). Will we get to see him shave on-screen? Ben Stone Fan Girls across the world need to know. –Kristi
I read your question, verbatim, to Josh Dallas at PaleyFest the other week, and after chuckling, he said, “It’s possible…. It’s very possible.” (Speaking of Manifest, I made a tweak to a previous answer, about which cast members were most shocked by the series finale.)