Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E26: That's the Guy

• Start Topic

As if my esteem for Sarah D. Bunting couldn't get any higher, then she drops in a Lucy Coe reference.  Wonderful.

But GASP!  No "SHUT UP, DYLAN!" addition to the Kim Challenge theme this week?  I pray this was only an oversight!

• Love 2

What a season! I remember disliking Gina in the few episodes I watched back in the day, but now I like her. She does actually bring something to the show unlike Matt. Love the David clip - that clumsy rage is exactly how angry storming out always ends for people, very true to life.

• Love 3

Also: did Donna get up really early after a passionate night with surferdude to ... curl her hair before making pancakes? Or was the sex so awesome that it made her hair curl all by itself?

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

It's written badly and Donna is still a stupid baby but her little love triangle is actually something real people in their early 20s deal with, which is refreshing for this show considering it seems like they've been 40 for the past two years. A better show could have maybe made something of Donna being both new to sexual relationships and a serial monogamist who hasn't been single since the gang's first junior year of high school. You could probably throw some daddy issues in there too, especially considering her relationship with her dad vs. her relationship with Felice, etc. and so on.

• Love 1

I love the two cookie cutter contest finalists!  Although I probably would have chosen the Dylan how much even is his fortune cookies.  I'm feeling pleased that my entry Donna's Snicker-doodleariums got an extra laugh from Sarah!

• Love 4

Steve and Janet are so far away in Dplotsville our hosts couldn't even recall them for episode MVP (Steve opening space for the survivors group--growth!)

I had really hoped the season long LVP intro would be Donna's fire alarm "ooh noo!"

• Love 3
On 1/21/2019 at 12:40 PM, Nanna said:

What a season! I remember disliking Gina in the few episodes I watched back in the day, but now I like her. She does actually bring something to the show unlike Matt. Love the David clip - that clumsy rage is exactly how angry storming out always ends for people, very true to life.

It's generous of you to suggest that they made him look like a derp on purpose for realism's sake!

On 1/21/2019 at 4:30 PM, Nanna said:

Also: did Donna get up really early after a passionate night with surferdude to ... curl her hair before making pancakes? Or was the sex so awesome that it made her hair curl all by itself?

I wondered the same thing. I scrolled back up through the pics to verify that yes, her hair was straight as they were getting into bed. I guess they couldn't figure out how to make straight hair look bed-headed? Typical of the show's not caring about continuity or what makes sense.

BAG: "Oh, I messed up with the door. Should we go again?"

Director: "Nah, good enough. Moving on."

AD: "Script sup told me that Tori's hair doesn't match the previous scene."

Director: "But it's supposed to be the next morning, right? It's gonna look different. It's fine."

• Love 2

I feel like since the series started and until the very end , Steve had D plots . The others all had their time as the main character of a story line(s) but he was always more of a background character . Which I think is why  people liked him the most . 

Edited by Jaclyn88
  • Love 1
On 1/22/2019 at 3:48 PM, meggonzo said:

I love the two cookie cutter contest finalists!  Although I probably would have chosen the Dylan how much even is his fortune cookies.  I'm feeling pleased that my entry Donna's Snicker-doodleariums got an extra laugh from Sarah!

That one made me LOL.

• Love 1
On 1/24/2019 at 3:13 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

I feel like since the series started and until the very end , Steve had D plots . The others all had their time as the main character of a story line(s) but he was always more of a background character . Which I think is why  people liked him the most . 

The only time Steve really had main plots were about his adoption, starting the peach pit after dark, his relationship with Claire and cheating off of Brandon. 

5 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

The only time Steve really had main plots were about his adoption, starting the peach pit after dark, his relationship with Claire and cheating off of Brandon. 

Yes and even the PPAD ended up being taken away from Steve and it turned into Dylan , Valerie and later on , David’s  storylines .  

• Love 1
11 hours ago, meggonzo said:

Steve has a big storyline coming up in season 10.  "spoiler alert"

Yes he does!!

11 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Yes and even the PPAD ended up being taken away from Steve and it turned into Dylan , Valerie and later on , David’s  storylines .  

Yup! I wonder how Ian Zeiring felt about this? He was always the “loveable doofus” in the soap.