Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: You Choose

mxc90
  • Start Topic

Severide's side project of fixing the boat for a wealthy acquaintance turns complicated and personal. Meanwhile, his relationship with Kidd is at a crossroads. Brett helps Casey search for a new apartment and Firehouse 51 decides to enter Tuesday in a dog competition

(edited)

They officially have taken Foster to Gabby territory (exposing a doctor's mistake, getting an apology from the chief, and getting a date). Such a shame!

At least we didn't get a long dragged out process of clearing Kelly's name with the fire. 

If Severide's speech doesn't sink in, I see a very lengthy rap sheet coming for this kid. 

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 10

And of course, we get another "Gabby reference" from Brett.

And Severide leaves Kidd for a kid.

The entire dog competition thing was really dumb.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 3

And yet another instance where the police are after someone who works at station 51. Cripes, what's with this place being under suspicion and under attack all the time? You'd think they were a crime family the way the cops never seem to believe them, ever. 

The dog was adorable, though. And the look on the little girl's face when the dog was racing towards her was priceless. That said, why on earth would you allow the audience to openly eat snacks while you were having a dog competition?

• Love 7

Unfortunately I’ve known a very wealthy set of parents that don’t spend any time with their kid, then fire the nannies who do actually get close to the child. It’s clearly a form of abuse, but one that would never be “strong” enough to have a kid removed by children’s services.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I would still like to know what happened to that kid's mother.   I was hoping that Severide would have pressed the issue with that kid's father.

I would too! Maybe they're not done with this story line and they will appear down the road at some point.  This was the most interesting story line for this episode.  

• Love 2

This episode was a bit slow but I think Foster should have checked into the issue instead of just placing blame like that. 

I'm surprised the father allowed Riley to talk to Kelly and I admit, I would be shocked if this story was over. 

It took Ritter too long to mention peanut butter that would help. 

I do agree though, why would you have people snacking during a dog competition? 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Waterston Fan said:

I would be shocked if this story was over.

Kelly did say to the kid, "All the times I told you that oily rags piled together are a fire hazard..." (or words to that effect).  If that came up in a conversation with a counselor or a defense attorney, oh boy.  Station 51 in peril!

So Kelly and Matt are going to room together.  The dullest bachelor pad in all of Chicago.  Doesn't matter anyway, as they seem to spend all their off time at Molly's.

That doctor must be the only medical person in Chicago that doesn't know that Foster was a doctor before becoming a medic.

• Love 2
On 1/17/2019 at 10:35 AM, preeya said:

The entire dog competition thing was really dumb.

I dunno, that was the only part I liked lol! 

11 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Foster was a doctor before becoming a medic.

I thought she was in med school but dropped out? 

This wasn't an interesting ep overall to me.

I like Emily & I don't mind she's not a shy wallflower. The dog is cute but I didn't find the competition stuff captivating. 

I also felt some sort of anvil about Sylvie and Matt hooking up down the road. 

• Love 2

I'm surprised the father allowed Riley to talk to Kelly and I admit, I would be shocked if this story was over. 

Oh I don't know, this show tends to burn through plot points like no other. Usually that's a good thing since so many of them are stupid. That said, counseling isn't going to do a whole heck of a lot for this kid so long as his father is a douchebag. 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Waterston Fan said:

3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Oh I don't know, this show tends to burn through plot points like no other. Usually that's a good thing since so many of them are stupid. That said, counseling isn't going to do a whole heck of a lot for this kid so long as his father is a douchebag. 

I'd be more shocked if the story wasn't over tbh. They seem to have the attention span of walnuts in the writers room of these three shows. They also drag out inane plots and flog them to death and rush through storylines that could actually be played out over a few weeks and be interesting.

• Love 1
On 1/18/2019 at 1:49 PM, Chick2Chic said:

This wasn't an interesting ep overall to me.

I like Emily & I don't mind she's not a shy wallflower. The dog is cute but I didn't find the competition stuff captivating. 

I also felt some sort of anvil about Sylvie and Matt hooking up down the road. 

I've said before I wont be surprised if Slyvie and Matt hook up. Its the "Best friend and the lover of Departed character getting closer in their sadness over Departed character leaving or having passed away then things turn Romantic" storyline.

My daughter was afraid of dogs for years because one knocked her over when she was little.  Even when she was as old as the snacking kid, she would have been terrified if one had knocked her over and started devouring her face.  I can't believe Kidd didn't immediately pull the dog off.