Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: The Big Reveal

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

Those tricky writers! What a surprise reveal: Tasha is undercover! She is still on the good side. My prayers have been answered!

How could Keaton be the only person at the CIA to know of Tasha's off the books, deep cover assignment? 

Was this assignment really that BIG for her to shut out the rest of the team and CIA? Maybe Keaton is a bad agent and was using Tasha for something else.

Couldn't Reade get some "I'm sending you back to your undercover" sex?

Kearns just should have poured some "Zip" in the Dr. Roga's coffee?

Good job by the FBI to not monitor Clay calling his fiancee to tell her his mother is alive after he was instructed no to call her.

As soon as Jane heard the Dr. had the cure, she should have ran out of the van to the house with her sleeve rolled up, requesting her for an injection.

Roman can do everything except: motivate the Dr. work faster to find the cure for him and find her place where no one could track/find her.

Weitz should be fired for wanting to quickly wash his hands of Jane's issue. He should want to be assured beyond all doubt Remi is gone, Jane is mentally able to work and not a security risk no matter how long it takes.

Now that we know where Zip originated, wouldn't it be something Patterson or Rich could have easily found when they were searching for Jane's cure?

Claudia! Please admit you enjoyed trying to rough up Reade. Don't apologize.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Now that we know where Zip originated, wouldn't it be something Patterson or Rich could have easily found when they were searching for Jane's cure?

It would but they need the back half of the season for it.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

How could Keaton be the only person at the CIA to know of Tasha's off the books, deep cover assignment? 

Was this assignment really that BIG for her to shut out the rest of the team and CIA? Maybe Keaton is a bad agent and was using Tasha for something else.

Keaton being the only person in the know is impossible for an undercover operation run today. It is, however, possible that one group of people running an undercover operation have done a crappy job of sharing the information gleaned from their operation. If you've read or seen the Looming Tower, it was petty turf concerns and dick measuring that kept a fair amount of information about 9/11 out of the FBI's hands. However in the late 50s and the 60s, that shit happened with some frequency. Insane paranoid about communism, leftists, groups advocating for minority equality, and just general undesirables, caused law enforcement and intelligence agencies to send tons of undercover agents all over the place often with little support or information about their assignments back at their headquarters. There have been revelations about how there were "radical groups" where most of the leadership or most radical members were undercover law enforcement or intelligence operatives. I think after the intelligence failures of the 80s, late 90s, and 9/11 no agency is ever going to be so sloppy or cavalier with their undercover work.

However was the operation big enough to shut out the rest of the team? I'd say yes. When you realize how many of their prior cases involved bad actors in the FBI, CIA, or some other government agency and how often the bad guys were willing to drag people's loved ones or hurt their friends and family, I can see them deciding it was safer to have Tasha go radio silent. Safer for her and safer for the people she cares about.

Patricia Richardson, the mom from Home Improvement, was the scientist. I'm sure she's been working, but I haven't seen her in anything for about a decade.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Keaton being the only person in the know is impossible for an undercover operation run today. It is, however, possible that one group of people running an undercover operation have done a crappy job of sharing the information gleaned from their operation. If you've read or seen the Looming Tower, it was petty turf concerns and dick measuring that kept a fair amount of information about 9/11 out of the FBI's hands. However in the late 50s and the 60s, that shit happened with some frequency. Insane paranoid about communism, leftists, groups advocating for minority equality, and just general undesirables, caused law enforcement and intelligence agencies to send tons of undercover agents all over the place often with little support or information about their assignments back at their headquarters. There have been revelations about how there were "radical groups" where most of the leadership or most radical members were undercover law enforcement or intelligence operatives. I think after the intelligence failures of the 80s, late 90s, and 9/11 no agency is ever going to be so sloppy or cavalier with their undercover work.

However was the operation big enough to shut out the rest of the team? I'd say yes. When you realize how many of their prior cases involved bad actors in the FBI, CIA, or some other government agency and how often the bad guys were willing to drag people's loved ones or hurt their friends and family, I can see them deciding it was safer to have Tasha go radio silent. Safer for her and safer for the people she cares about.

Thank you.

The issue I have is Keaton didn't consider the scenario he would be in a coma and now Tasha has to spend precious time convincing Reade and now the CIA of her operation. If someone else at the CIA was in on it, she would have made her appointment on time. Now she missed it, crazy Burke is going to attempt to carry out her plan to bring down a plane and Tasha is in some CIA holding cell.

Also, to your point: Reade is not sharing info with the CIA.

After all is done, Keaton will probably get a promotion.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Patricia Richardson, the mom from Home Improvement, was the scientist. I'm sure she's been working, but I haven't seen her in anything for about a decade.

I believe I last saw her at Alan Alda's campaign manager during the last season of The West Wing. Which, come to think about it, was quite a while ago. 

6 hours ago, mxc90 said:

After all is done, Keaton will probably get a promotion.

While still in a coma. 

I cannot believe no one wondered how the doctor's company thugs have suddenly found out that she was alive and appeared on the scene. And if they did, they should also have known it was the son's fault and have been really angry at him. He is basically the reason Jane may die and his mother was shot. They were all smiling and happy for him like nothing happened.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, meira.hand said:

I cannot believe no one wondered how the doctor's company thugs have suddenly found out that she was alive and appeared on the scene. And if they did, they should also have known it was the son's fault and have been really angry at him. He is basically the reason Jane may die and his mother was shot. They were all smiling and happy for him like nothing happened.

It should have been Weller to bust him. He was doubting him from the start and dying to give him a beating.

I wonder which TV show has/had the most inept FBI (Blindspot, The Blacklist, the Following, etc.).

So were they trolling us by calling this The Big Reveal?  Because I'm pretty sure no one who has ever watched TV was surprised by anything that was "revealed" in this episode.

I was, however, surprised that the son was actually the son and not a plant and that he wasn't calling a fake finacee to surreptitiously let the bad guys know the scientist had been found.  Or at the very least his fiancee wasn't a plant.  We didn't see how the recording was obtained of him telling her though.  The assumption is his phone was tapped, but maybe he didn't get in trouble for being a dipshit so that the finacee being evil can put Jane's cure in peril in a future episode.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

So were they trolling us by calling this The Big Reveal?  Because I'm pretty sure no one who has ever watched TV was surprised by anything that was "revealed" in this episode.

I was, however, surprised that the son was actually the son and not a plant and that he wasn't calling a fake finacee to surreptitiously let the bad guys know the scientist had been found.  Or at the very least his fiancee wasn't a plant.  We didn't see how the recording was obtained of him telling her though.  The assumption is his phone was tapped, but maybe he didn't get in trouble for being a dipshit so that the finacee being evil can put Jane's cure in peril in a future episode.

Yeah, especially since he almost got everyone killed there.

I also was worried that the son was a bad guy, but glad he wasn’t. I knew that the scientist was alive because they wouldn’t cast Patricia Richardson for a 1 minute scene. It was nice hearing that she bonded with Roman. He made a lot of bad choices but there was some good in him.

Thank goodness Zapata was undercover. I thought she was, but then she “killed Claudia” and seemed to follow in line with that sicko Madeline. Too bad the CIA have her now because I wanted to see that arrogant twat go down.

Reade said some pretty terrible things to Zapata. I get he’s mad, but she told you everything and you still told her you would kill her if she was lying. Do not cross that guy.

Best things about this episode: Rich and Patterson's shirts and Rich's pep-talk to Jane and that MI6 lady has dropped the heavy eye make-up. 

Seeing Patricia Richardson again was also nice. Last time I saw her was on 'Last Man Standing' (don't judge).

The rest was meh. Of course Zapata was undercover, of course the cure is snatched away from their hands. It's really time to wrap this baby up, send Jane and Weller riding towards the sunset and give us a Patterson/Dotcom spin-off.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I kept waiting for it to be brought up about how he called someone to tell them about his mom. No one even questioned how the bad guys found her.

Honestly, Rich.com and Patterson are why I keep watching this show.

Edited by Writing Wrongs
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Writing Wrongs said:

Honestly, Rich.com and Patterson are why I keep watching this show.

They're the only ones injecting any life into the series at this point.

• Love 8

Keaton being the only person in the world with knowledge of Zapata's deep undercover mission makes no sense to me. 

I'd watch a Rich/Patterson spinoff. 

Nice to see Patricia Richardson again. Surprised that they didn't follow up on how the bad guys knew she was alive. Was sure that it would tie back to the son. 

Interesting how Jane's daughter - who was the feature of so much hand-wringing by Jane last season - is never mentioned.

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 2:13 AM, twoods said:

......Reade said some pretty terrible things to Zapata. I get he’s mad, but she told you everything and you still told her you would kill her if she was lying. Do not cross that guy.

Talking down to Zapata that way was cruel and overdone for sure, but she was foolish to not get confirmation from inside the agency rather than just trust her handler on such a rogue operation. Now, Reade is doing the same thing to force her cooperation, but his own baggage should give her pause to trust him.

Edited by VinceW

Really predictable.  I'm still finding myself not caring that Zapata was "deep undercover".  She did some terrible things and apparently since no one at the CIA knows she is still with them, they kidnap her and torture her.  I'm rolling my eyes in advance when Reade is the one who is going to rescue her.

And of course the last remaining vials of antidote break.

If they can undo all of Zapata's misdeeds so easily with convenient flashbacks... how about undo Roman's death and show us how he actually survived?  This show needs a breath of life into it... the Zapata story just dragged in down.  Roman was one of the more entertaining aspects of this show.

On 1/20/2019 at 7:15 AM, MissLucas said:

Seeing Patricia Richardson again was also nice. Last time I saw her was on 'Last Man Standing' (don't judge).

No judgement here - not sure why you would think there'd be any.  I really liked her (and the HI references) on the two eps she was on of LMS.