Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
starri

Elite

Discuss all things Samu, Nano, Christian, Guzman, Nadia, Polo, Carla, Lu, Ander and Omar here.

Marina too, if you wish.

Season 2 on an indeterminate date in September.

Got up to episode two of the second season. Still love the over-the topness of the set design, behaviour and the beautiful obviously not 17-year old actors. I don‘t think I like where they are going with the story but its probably realistic. I like the new additions so far, because why not go full soap opera? The most intriguing storyline for me is still the Muslim Family since it‘s the only realistic one? But wow, that scene in episode 2 between Ander, Polo and Guzman.... Why?

14 hours ago, hertolo said:

Got up to episode two of the second season. Still love the over-the topness of the set design, behaviour and the beautiful obviously not 17-year old actors. I don‘t think I like where they are going with the story but its probably realistic. I like the new additions so far, because why not go full soap opera? The most intriguing storyline for me is still the Muslim Family since it‘s the only realistic one? But wow, that scene in episode 2 between Ander, Polo and Guzman.... Why?

Totally agree!

I watched the entire second season this weekend and I have to say, I love this ridiculous show. I didn't think I needed Samuel and Carla to hook up, but was kinda happy they did. And of course the new girl helped Polo.

• Like 2

Netflix; the new Skinemax. That Ander/Polo/Guzman scene was gross, but so believable for Polo. He's creepy even when he isn't perving on someone with no preamble.

Just in case this wasn't soapy enough, we now have incest and false identity shenanigans. Cayetana probably could have gotten away with her scheme to blend in if she'd just been low-key and not tried so hard to convince everyone she was rich. The constant babbling about brands and vacations and shopping, plus the thefts from employers and problems she caused for her mom, pretty much guaranteed the whole thing would blow up. Also, she failed by going on so much about Ralph Lauren and wearing giant polo pony branding when all the other kids were in Lacoste. I assume Lacoste was a sponsor; it was EVERYWHERE.

For someone so smart, Nadia is so daft. Guzman is basically her dad. Controlling, self-righteous jerk with anger management issues and a rigid attachment to whatever idea hit his brain first. What are the chances season 3 will feature Nadia fretting and plotting a life on the lam after Guzman murders Polo?

Speaking of which, what the hell was that ending? Did I miss something? "Hmm, well, we can't find the murder weapon, so even though we have testimony from multiple witnesses of your guilt, plus some suspicious photos, shrug; go back to school I guess." Whereas why would the court need any evidence if you're poor?

I love this stupid, stupid show. It is just such a wonderful mix of cliches and ridiculousness.

I really wish they hadn't gone there with the incest. I mean, I'll accept all the teenaged sex and murder and whatnot, but that's too far lol. But I just skipped their scenes so it didn't really hurt my enjoyment. I like Lu and Valerio individually at least.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

I really wish they hadn't gone there with the incest. I mean, I'll accept all the teenaged sex and murder and whatnot, but that's too far lol. But I just skipped their scenes.

But they're rich, so it was classy incest! Yeah, I can almost buy teens with teen impulse controls issues having sex in the school locker room where anyone could walk in, but incest? GROSS. And BTW, Valerio, half siblings doesn't make it better. Half of infinitely gross is still infinitely gross. But what a peppy Christmas dinner!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Enginerd said:

But they're rich, so it was classy incest! Yeah, I can almost buy teens with teen impulse controls issues having sex in the school locker room where anyone could walk in, but incest? GROSS. 

LOL but yes.

I wish they had made them step siblings that grew up together. Then it'd still be gross but not super gross.

I just can't get over how bad Cayetana is at scheming. Why on earth would she tell a bunch of wild high school kids that she lives alone in a big fancy house and give them an address?!?! That just screams "Come over any time and do your partying here! Drop by at any hour!" It's amazing none of them went over to visit without warning and alarmed the real homeowner at any point. She should have just been like "my parents are really private and strict and they're always home. I can't have people over."

Oh, you‘re too fast for me. I guess I‘ll be back in a few weeks when I caught up and everybody has moved on :)

I think I actually liked the second season better than the first.  This show may be ridiculous, but it grabs you and keeps you on the edge of your seat.  And this is coming from someone not normally into teen dramas.  The surprises never stop coming.  The ultimate in bingeable TV.  

I do think all three of the new characters added something positive.  But they never explain why Valerio has such a strong Chilean accent (beyond the obvious fact that the actor is Chilean).  I guess one can suppose that his mother is Chilean and that he grew up mostly in Chile rather than with Lu and their father.  But Lu seems so Mexican that it was a bit jarring that they are supposed to be half-siblings.  Perhaps that's why the incest didn't gross me out as much as it could have.  Still, I could have done without that subplot.

One the surprises I mentioned was the incredible chemistry between Carla and Samuel.  I would never have thought of those two as a possible couple, but it really worked.  Then again, you'd have to be dead not to have chemistry with Ester Exposito.  If Mina El Hammani was the find of Season 1, Exposito gave us the standout performance of this second season.  I know she's only just turned 19, but there is just something about her that reminds me of those classic mid-20th Century movie stars.

I didn't find the ending all that unbelievable.  Without any physical evidence, it comes down to a "he said, she said" type situation, where the guy has wealthy well-connected parents and the girl is his possibly bitter ex (not the case in this instance, but that's how a defense lawyer would paint it).

• Like 2

There's also the shirt change proven by instagram... In the end, this resolution just makes for a better set up for season 3 I guess. If they wanted, it could have been enough. But it's not so blatant a misdirection it's totally unbelievable. Polo being hard and clear of mind again, after being willing to admit everything just before... Well okay. Again, I'm very much looking forward to the next season.

I watch this (and casa del papel and that cuervos show on netflix) to train my Spanish, so thanks for explaining that accent of Valerio to me. I very much appreciated his presence btw... Hrmpf. 😉 Otherwise, yeah, ridiculous show, but entertaining. 

I'm kind of glad they're continuing the same main drama instead of killing off more and more people to add plot. One murder is plenty. This doesn't need to turn into Riverdale. Although I was rather hoping Nadia's father would die of a heart attack. He's a nuisance, and I'd like to see what her mother is like and how their whole family dynamic would change without his oppressive presence.

I was also hoping we'd meet Nadia's "wayward" sister. Maybe in season 3?

• Like 3

There's a lot of potential set up for the next season. Polo back at school, and it's no longer a secret that he killed Marina, even if the legal system/his moms' influence and money meant he didn't go to prison. And what's their family life like, with his mothers now knowing that their son killed Marina?

Cristian should return one of these days, also, if Carla's dad doesn't have him expensively murdered at the posh Swiss clinic. But maybe he's spending his time at the clinic making fancy connections and he'll come back a star. 

On 9/17/2019 at 2:41 PM, Enginerd said:

I'm kind of glad they're continuing the same main drama instead of killing off more and more people to add plot. One murder is plenty. This doesn't need to turn into Riverdale. Although I was rather hoping Nadia's father would die of a heart attack. He's a nuisance, and I'd like to see what her mother is like and how their whole family dynamic would change without his oppressive presence.

I was also hoping we'd meet Nadia's "wayward" sister. Maybe in season 3?

I just finished last night and this season was fucking fantastic. I loved the new additions and the music was also very good. It definitely kept me at the edge of my seat and I was so relieved when I saw that Samuel was alive. 

Agree it would be  nice to see Nadia's family's dynamic without the oppressive father. Look how Omar came out of his shell! And I definitely would like to see the sister.

Cannot wait until season 3 of this crazy show.

• Like 1

This show is so ridiculous, I freaking love it. Its so over the top with its soapy melodrama, its a great binge watch, and a ton of fun. I actually liked the second season more than the first, I think we got more character development, and I love how they somehow managed to go even MORE nuts (incest! Secret identities!) while still not going totally off the rails. I mean, we still haven't gotten to bear attacks, teen prison fight clubs, or DnD cults, so we are somehow still more down to earth than Riverdale!

I am glad that Samuel is alright, and that he and Guzman are finally cool with each other, Guzmans super hate on for Samuel had gotten way old. I did mostly feel bad for the guy though, his life has totally gone to shit in just a couple of months. His sister gets HIV and then gets murdered, loses his money, dad goes to jail (for awhile) super angsty romance, and now he finds out that one of his best friends killed his sister, and his other best friend helped him cover it up. 

So when will Nadia's wayward sister show up? And who will she sleep with? I put money on Lu or Valerio, or both. The big hook up surprise for me this season was Carla and Samuel, they had ridiculous chemistry, and their relationship was ridiculously twisted and bizarre. 

I guess I can see Polo getting out of jail, but man that is gonna be an awkward day in class...

• Like 2