Type keyword(s) to search

Elite - General Discussion

starri
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, giovannif7 said:

New Elite news - according to TVLine, Netflix has renewed the show for Season 8. They also teased the return of another OG character -

I was kinda hoping S7 would be the end so I could be done with the show. Maybe some of the new characters in S7 will convince me that S8 is a good idea. Because at the moment, I don't think S7 is a good idea - although I will be watching.

I'm only on episode 2, but I'm predicting that the odds are high that we're gonna get more siblings having sex with each other, albeit unintentionally. What is this show's obsession with inappropriate sibling relationships???

Also, I don't like how there are all the new characters that they don't bother to introduce. They're just pretending like they've been here all along. 

• Like 1

What was the point of having the last name of Isabela and her criminal family be "Goldstein?" Because that's as far from a typical Spanish name as you can get, that choice seems quite deliberate and meant to say something. But what exactly? There are essentially no Jews in Spain today (< 20K or < 0.04 % of Spain's 46.5 million people). Indeed, there hasn't been any appreciable number of Jews in Spain for more than half a millenium. All were kicked out in 1492. Did the writters stumble into a copy of "1984" and, in some inscrutable way, pattern Isabela's father after "Emmanual Goldstein" from that book? There's ample material about which to bitch regarding season 7 of this show. We didn't need this.

Edited by ahpny
  • Useful 1

So have jsut began to watch S7 and it's already started off on a bad note. I hate when shows end a season on a cliffhanger and then the next season begins with '2 weeks later' and solve the cliffhanger with a handwave.

I admit I think I will miss the flashforward/flashback the series used in the past, mostly because it seems this season is just going to be drama instead of solving a mystery.

At the moment, I'm glad they bought back Omar, because except for Ivan, I really am not invested in any other character's story.