Type keyword(s) to search

Family By The Ton - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I like how they put the useless intestine into the to-go bag while it's still inside the person's stomach! (Unlike Dr Now who likes to plop the discarded portion onto the table.)

1 minute ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Why is Casey sitting there barefooted? And folks, stop trying to get that idiot to listen to you. He just doesn't give a damn!

He wasn't, he had flip-flops on, they were almost the same color as his skin, though, and his feet were overflowing the poor things.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

This is probably the only time in this show I will ever feel sorry for Casey. 

RIP, Sam. 

We lost our little bunny of 8 years last year, so this made me tear up a little.  Best rabbit in the world. 

• Love 7

If that poor dog wouldn't have had a lot of junk food from Casey and his Dad, then he probably would have been more active.   

Someone pay the cameraman not to show Casey's gigantic crotch area.   

Has Amy ever seen a Spartan race?     It's for people in shape, and that's not her.    The good thing is that everyone cooperates at the races to try to get everyone through, but I still worry about her.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5

Amy always looks so nice.  You can see she is trying - her hair, her make-up, her clothes.  I am really, really cheering her on!

Just now, ams1001 said:

Wait, they're burying the dog's toys to remember him by? Aren't you supposed to bury the dog and keep the toys to remember him by? Have I been doing it wrong?

I can see burying his favorite toys with him so he has them in the afterlife, in a way.  

• Love 10

Amanda's friend in the red has shown up so often, I think she's hoping for a spin-off show of her own!  She wants to make that leap from supporting role to starring role, a la Frasier Crane!

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Wait, they're burying the dog's toys to remember him by? Aren't you supposed to bury the dog and keep the toys to remember him by? Have I been doing it wrong?

My guess is that they took him to the vet to be cremated and either didn't opt to have the ashes returned or will scatter his ashes once they are returned. 

How long is the race Amy is planning to do?  4-6 hours is a long time!  Unless they are walking really slow... I assume they are walking and not running - I can't see Amy really running - and I haven't heard of amateur walking races longer than 10K, which is about 2 hours easy walk, 1,5 hours if I am pushing it.

Edited by Hellga
6 minutes ago, Hellga said:

How long is the race Amy is planning to do?  4-6 hours is a long time!  Unless they are walking really slow... I assume they are walking and not running - I can't see Amy really running - and I haven't heard of amateur walking races longer than 10K, which is about 2 hours easy walk, 1,5 hours if I am pushing it.

It's a Spartan Race - obstacle course. According to Google, they start at three miles long.

Amy and her relationship with her dad is so sweet to see.

Edited by ShortyMac
  • Love 8

The 600-pounder today, Holly, could take a page from Amy's book - she actually thought of getting the shirts for her and Dad!  She thinks of others, she is changing her diet, she is REALLY exercising!  

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

My guess is that they took him to the vet to be cremated and either didn't opt to have the ashes returned or will scatter his ashes once they are returned. 

We didn't get my ex's dog's ashes back (his decision, or lack of money, really) but his sweater and dishes are still at my parents' house (they had him for the last several months of his life). That was 10 years ago...

7 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Distances vary but Spartan races are obstacle courses. They range from a few miles to marathon-length (per wikipedia).

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 1

Not snarking but the younger daughter of Ed's really needs to get a handle on her eating habits. I am not fat shaming a child..at all...it just appears that she picked up her dads bad habits and that can get out of control very quickly as we have seen on six hundred pound life.

• Love 10

It looks like the next episode will be the last for this family.  So unless Casey is getting surgery in the next 9 minutes, which he doesn't deserve, I doubt he is getting it - but previews made it look like he did get "a new body"...  

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Not snarking but the younger daughter of Ed's really needs to get a handle on her eating habits. I am not fat shaming a child..at all...it just appears that she picked up her dads bad habits and that can get out of control very quickly as we have seen on six hundred pound life.

Last week, Ed's wife said that since they've changed their eating habits as a family, Lily has lost about ten pounds.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Hellga said:

It looks like the next episode will be the last for this family.  So unless Casey is getting surgery in the next 9 minutes, which he doesn't deserve, I doubt he is getting it - but previews made it look like he did get "a new body"...  

I think they were only 6 episodes, then it goes back to the previous family they followed (which I didn't watch, so I don't know that I will stay for it after next week). 

• Love 1