Type keyword(s) to search

Big Brother Canada - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Bbcan 8 is devolving into chaos with all the expulsions and self evictions. And the Corona virus. I feel for the hamsters. It's probably good that Sheldon is HOH - he's basically logic, not emotion driven. 

But honestly, with the world so chaotic and surreal, this is a very appropriate season of BB. 

• Love 2

I just saw this! This season may have been an a total train wreck, but I'm very sad it won't continue. It really helped alleviate my boredom. 

The announcement actually made it sound like there might never be another BBCan. 😢

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I just saw this! This season may have been an a total train wreck, but I'm very sad it won't continue. It really helped alleviate my boredom. 

The announcement actually made it sound like there might never be another BBCan. 😢

I agree. I was looking forward to some harmless DRAMA. I just can't figure out how they could go on. Support staff were starting to quit in fear of being exposed. Apparently feeds were down for more than a day before the announcement. There will be two more episodes (I think) to wrap things up.

End of season

Well, damn.  It's not like this season got off to a great start but I was still looking forward to it.  I mean, of course I understand and it was most likely the right thing to do, but I still really empathize with the HGs.  Some of them, like superfan Angie, have been dreaming of getting on the show for so long. And it's not like they can invite them all back on another season since all the alliances will be known.  I feel so bad for them.  Not as bad as I feel for the people with Covid-19, but still. 

Also, I feel like Minh was on her way to becoming an Ika-esque legend so that really sucks for her.

• Love 3

Sad to hear this, but completely understand.   The world has gone to shit and this is just a game, tho I loved the distraction it provided.  Feel bad for the hamsters, those who've waited for so long for a chance to play.   There would be a health issue also, with production, people handling food being put in the house, setting up the challenges etc.  I hope it does return, but very likely it won't. 

• Love 1

I don’t see why they wouldn’t potentially have BBCanada 9 next year. I think this will just be a “final bow” for this season. What a wreck it was, it does seem appropriate it was canceled. From the first quit to 2 dumb expulsions for reasons that weren’t shown. And I could hardly watch Carol last episode practically gloating over quitting. 

On 3/24/2020 at 5:32 PM, Rachel RSL said:

Also, I feel like Minh was on her way to becoming an Ika-esque legend so that really sucks for her.

Classic femme fatale.  She even looks a little like Jessica Rabbit.

Sorry the season ended prematurely.  Hope there is another season and that they bring back everyone who wasn't evicted, thrown out, self-evicted or wanted to self-evict.  I'm not worried alliances will be known.  It hasn't ruined all-star seasons of BB or Survivor.  Plus, it's only fair.  Plus I liked most of these players.  Let the early part of this season be a lesson to production not to cast obnoxious assholes thinking they'll bring drama.  Clever game-play is what brings the drama.

• Love 3

I thought Arisa said that the final episode would be shown on Sunday night even tho all the contestants were now safely home.   I can't find anything in the guide, did they decide not to run it, or did I hear the date wrong when she said it?

4 hours ago, wintrygal said:

I thought Arisa said that the final episode would be shown on Sunday night even tho all the contestants were now safely home.   I can't find anything in the guide, did they decide not to run it, or did I hear the date wrong when she said it?

I believe she said it would air Wednesday.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

That was sad.  I really did feel so bad for them all.  But I'm sure as soon as they got out into the real world and saw how bad things are, all that "This was my dream, I'll never get over this" stuff disappeared real fast.

Still can't believe it's over :(

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

That was sad.  I really did feel so bad for them all.  But I'm sure as soon as they got out into the real world and saw how bad things are, all that "This was my dream, I'll never get over this" stuff disappeared real fast.

Agreed. You could tell they didn't really understand how bad things were getting. They probably thought everyone in production was being overly cautious. But like you said, one day out here will help them realize that's not the case. 

Is there anywhere we can go for more info on the cast's reaction to actually getting out? I'm feeling deprived. 

• Love 2
On 3/24/2020 at 9:32 PM, Rachel RSL said:

Ika never appealed to me, Minh was quite controlled in how she handled things and I liked her a lot more.  Most of the cast wasn't that great, though I normally feel that about this version of BB.

Edited by amazingracefan
8 hours ago, amazingracefan said:

Ika never appealed to me 

Ika is wildly popular, but I always found her kinda mean. She's one of those people who are very entertaining to watch, but I don't think I'd enjoy knowing her in real life. (Just speculating, obviously. I could be wrong.) 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Ika is wildly popular, but I always found her kinda mean. She's one of those people who are very entertaining to watch, but I don't think I'd enjoy knowing her in real life. (Just speculating, obviously. I could be wrong.) 

I just found her something of a cliche, exactly the same with Gary.  Maybe they were very original in regards to Canadian reality tv, but from a broader perspective I felt I'd seen it all before.

• Love 2
On 4/30/2020 at 8:26 PM, Melina22 said:

I liked Ika her first time around but not so much during her second time around when she had power in the game.  Though her choosing to shred the letters is never not going to be one of the best moments I have ever had the pleasure of watching on reality television.

On 5/1/2020 at 10:18 AM, amazingracefan said:

I just found her something of a cliche, exactly the same with Gary.  Maybe they were very original in regards to Canadian reality tv, but from a broader perspective I felt I'd seen it all before.

I found Gary to be highly annoying.  I was so happy that he did not win the first season.  Which is odd because he was very similar to Marcellas from American Big Brother and Marcellas was one of my favorite players and one of the main reasons why I started watching Big Brother in the first place.

On 5/5/2020 at 4:35 AM, BK1978 said:

I liked Ika her first time around but not so much during her second time around when she had power in the game.  Though her choosing to shred the letters is never not going to be one of the best moments I have ever had the pleasure of watching on reality television.

I found Gary to be highly annoying.  I was so happy that he did not win the first season.  Which is odd because he was very similar to Marcellas from American Big Brother and Marcellas was one of my favorite players and one of the main reasons why I started watching Big Brother in the first place.

Even the shredding of letters I'd seen on British BB a few years earlier.

Well Kevin won season 5 and he is one of the best players ever in my opinion. Close to Dan Gheesling. He is really smart and he met Pili in season 2 where he first played (5 was all stars). Pili is a happy girl but too dumb for him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Melina22 said:

That seems fair. They were devastated. 

I know they were and I am sad for them but it wouldn't be fair to do that. The whole concept of BB is that they are strangers. Of course there have been people at times who KNEW EACH OTHER and it ruined the whole thing.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Like, how many people were left when it ended? Maybe they'll have those people back and then new people.

Yes, I don't think they should bring back people who had been legitimately voted out. 

It's also unfair that they got screwed out of their shot because of a pandemic. But BB never has and never will care about fairness lol.

I feel like they'll definitely bring some of them back. I agree with @Melina22 that they should limit it to people who were still in the house when it had to shut down though.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

It's also unfair that they got screwed out of their shot because of a pandemic. But BB never has and never will care about fairness lol.

Ditto Survivor. And TAR. There are still a few exceptionally unfair, even cruel events that still upset me to think about to this day. Some were unavoidable, but some were planned and almost made me quit watching. 

• Love 1

Shouldn't they have revealed the cast by now? I mean, with quarantine of two weeks and them starting a week earlier than the premiere, I think they must already be in quarantine and they can reveal them already. Right?

• Love 2