Type keyword(s) to search

LuAnn de Lesseps: No Longer a Countess, Still Never a Princess

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, WireWrap said:

We don't know that Luann is "gaming the system" and we won't know until after her final court date. Now if Luann goes back to drinking like a fish, then Yes, she pulled a fast one but if she doesn't, then she was sincere in getting her act together. Until then, she deserves the benefit of doubt IMO. 

I would agree with you for the most part here, with the caveat that I don't know anyone who would consider a 20-something day stint in rehab a sincere effort.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, WireWrap said:

We don't know that Luann is "gaming the system" and we won't know until after her final court date. Now if Luann goes back to drinking like a fish, then Yes, she pulled a fast one but if she doesn't, then she was sincere in getting her act together. Until then, she deserves the benefit of doubt IMO. 

Since it is her first arrest, she deserves the courtesy to get the benefit of the doubt, Imo.

But WTF, hitting a cop??????

She could have been shot. A mess!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I would agree with you for the most part here, with the caveat that I don't know anyone who would consider a 20-something day stint in rehab a sincere effort.

Most are 28 day programs. 

• Love 1

Per the article she interviewed in, she spent 21 days in rehab.

For all this sincere getting her act together, she's also clearly not ruling out drinking again which if she is an alcoholic and not just gaming the system for sympathy and a light sentence, is concerning.

I have a feeling she'll be getting a very light sentence like community service or whatever but I really hope her sincerity is questioned a bit since she's on the one hand declaring herself to have a problem with alcohol (tho it's noteworthy that Luann does not call herself an alcoholic) but also openly stating she plans at some point to indulge in red wine again.

We wouldn't give the benefit of doubt to a meth head currently clean who says they will probably indulge again, would we?

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Per the article she interviewed in, she spent 21 days in rehab.

For all this sincere getting her act together, she's also clearly not ruling out drinking again which if she is an alcoholic and not just gaming the system for sympathy and a light sentence, is concerning.

I have a feeling she'll be getting a very light sentence like community service or whatever but I really hope her sincerity is questioned a bit since she's on the one hand declaring herself to have a problem with alcohol (tho it's noteworthy that Luann does not call herself an alcoholic) but also openly stating she plans at some point to indulge in red wine again.

We wouldn't give the benefit of doubt to a meth head currently clean who says they will probably indulge again, would we?

As long as said "meth head" isn't using, breaking the law again or is a repeat offender/rehab patient, then Yes, I would give them a second chance. As you have pointed out, Luann has never claimed she was an alcoholic, it is more than possible that she was self medicating with alcohol and that once she deals with the underlying issue, therapy, she will no longer misuse alcohol again. So, I will give her a second chance but only once. 

• Love 9
On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 12:04 PM, Rap541 said:

I don't mind being the politically incorrect person to say it. 

The actual definition of alcoholism includes the fact that someone who is an alcoholic has lost control of their drinking. This website defines it, if anyone wants to look.

https://www.mtholyoke.edu/health/definition_of_alcoholism

It does take the position that someone who is an alcoholic is someone who has a disease, a chronic disease that will never get better, and the only way to treat this disease is to abstain.

If Luann is talking about possibly drinking in the future, and she has, then she's probably not really considering herself an alcoholic. In this article: https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/story/real-housewife-luann-de-lesseps-on-jail-blackface-and-getting-groped-by-russell-simmons/ar-AAvzH1u

She's pretty openly noting that she has PTSD from a car accident with Noel and Victoria when they were small children and her break up with Alex and with Tom and she discovered this is why she drinks during her 21 day stay in rehab. And that while she is currently not drinking, drinking has not been ruled out in her future.

I have to be honest, I don't think Luann considers herself an alcoholic, someone who has lost control of their drinking. I think she got caught acting really badly while drunk and knows that there are certain actions she can take to publically show contrition.

I certainly hope she does continue to not drink but I honestly think a lot of what we're currently seeing is Luann attempting to get out of her charges.

I tend to agree you.  If Luann were sober when she was caught banging a stranger in an invaded hotel room and were arrested, I suspect she would have claimed a sex addiction and gone to rehab.  It's standard celebrity response to an arrest.

• Love 7

So, I will allow that it's entirely possible that this is someone making up a story as I don't put a lot of credence on "a party goer" as the witness... not just an anon, but an anon who was with someone smoking a blunt but...

I'm really certain it's a no no to be puffing in public, even if she has a prescription for her debilitating yet never discussed PTSD stemming from the terrible yet never mentioned and apparently completely non injury causing accident.

I mean, is it ok to say maybe Luann is just a selfish idiot who makes stupid choices? Or was she so overwhelmed by her trauma that she desperately needed to puff someone else's pot while at a party and we all need to bless her actions because she's *doing the best she can*?

Point - before anyone jumps on me for shitting on Luann's recovery and her need for pot to soothe her ptsd, if you click on that link Hunter provided, the law clearly states that *smoking* marijuana is not permitted.

The Commissioner must approve any form of medical marijuana. Approved forms include liquids and oil for vaporization or administration via inhaler as well as capsules to take orally. Under the law, smoking is not permitted and the regulations prohibit edibles.

So regardless of her PTSD and possible prescription, Luann taking a hit off someone's blunt in public was Luann merrily breaking the law. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Rap541 said:

So, I will allow that it's entirely possible that this is someone making up a story as I don't put a lot of credence on "a party goer" as the witness... not just an anon, but an anon who was with someone smoking a blunt but...

I'm really certain it's a no no to be puffing in public, even if she has a prescription for her debilitating yet never discussed PTSD stemming from the terrible yet never mentioned and apparently completely non injury causing accident.

I mean, is it ok to say maybe Luann is just a selfish idiot who makes stupid choices? Or was she so overwhelmed by her trauma that she desperately needed to puff someone else's pot while at a party and we all need to bless her actions because she's *doing the best she can*?

Point - before anyone jumps on me for shitting on Luann's recovery and her need for pot to soothe her ptsd, if you click on that link Hunter provided, the law clearly states that *smoking* marijuana is not permitted.

So regardless of her PTSD and possible prescription, Luann taking a hit off someone's blunt in public was Luann merrily breaking the law. 

Actually, she did discuss the accident/her injury/PTSD it caused in her Bravo special. That said, unless she is under a Dr.s order, she shouldn't be self medicating by smoking pot any more than by drinking alcohol to excess.

• Love 8

No, per NYS law, even if she has a medicinal marijuana prescription, smoking marijuana is against the law. It has to be administered orally via capsules or inhaled via oils and inhalers. Casually taking a hit off someone else's doobie is not Luann taking medicine, it's Luann breaking the law. 

And you're referring to the recent "after rehab" Bravo special right? Because Luann to my knowledge has not once mentioned the hideous trauma of the car accident in Switzerland when Noel was 2 and Victoria was 4 in prior seasons of the show. This trigger event started making the rounds after rehab. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

No, per NYS law, even if she has a medicinal marijuana prescription, smoking marijuana is against the law. It has to be administered orally via capsules or inhaled via oils and inhalers. Casually taking a hit off someone else's doobie is not Luann taking medicine, it's Luann breaking the law. 

And you're referring to the recent "after rehab" Bravo special right? Because Luann to my knowledge has not once mentioned the hideous trauma of the car accident in Switzerland when Noel was 2 and Victoria was 4 in prior seasons of the show. This trigger event started making the rounds after rehab. 

No, she talked about it on the special about her life, I think it was 2 years ago. I also don't care that she is breaking the law by smoking pot as much as it is concerning that she is self medicating, something that got her into big trouble with alcohol. She needs to get some, or continue with therapy to get a handle on her anxiety. If pot works for her and she gets a Dr.s order, then obtain it/use it legally. That said, maybe if she/Carole (who loves to smoke pot) sit down and smoke a joint or 2 they can get past their stupid fight. LOL

• Love 5
4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

It certainly hasn't stopped her from smoking pot.

https://pagesix.com/2018/04/25/luann-de-lesseps-seen-smoking-weed/amp/

While NY has a medical marijuana law, that doesn't allow Luann to just smoke random joints from strangers when in public. That's literally not how it works.

https://www.health.ny.gov/regulations/medical_marijuana/faq.htm

She didn't get and keep that velvety smooth voice from belting out show tunes.  <eere>

• Love 3

also don't care that she is breaking the law by smoking pot as much as it is concerning that she is self medicating, something that got her into big trouble with alcohol. She needs to get some, or continue with therapy to get a handle on her anxiety.

I do care that she is breaking the law because she is currently facing charges for actions that took place while she was "self medicating her anxiety".

She is currently claiming to be sober - in part I am sure to avoid a harsh sentence. She currently has the means to continue with therapy to get a handle on her anxiety.

She is currently taking hits off a random person's joint in public. How does her anxiety trump the reality that she's willfully violating the law? She isn't poor, she can see a therapist at will, why does she have to resort to an illegal action?

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Not that it makes it right, but DeBlasio instituted a laissez faire type of attitude toward marijuana.

Is there a picture of Luann toking out there?

Not that I have seen, just some "unnamed" source that claims they were there when it happened. LOL

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Not that it makes it right, but DeBlasio instituted a laissez faire type of attitude toward marijuana.

In the big scale of things, IMO, it must not be worth the costs of the time for the officer to write the ticket, show up in court, the DA’s time etc. as long as they aren’t causing any harm or doing any big crime. It is probably easier just to turn a blind eye. Less costly in the long run. Spend their time on the big crimes. 

• Love 3

In the big scale of things, IMO, it must not be worth the costs of the time for the officer to write the ticket, show up in court, the DA’s time etc. as long as they aren’t causing any harm or doing any big crime. It is probably easier just to turn a blind eye. Less costly in the long run. Spend their time on the big crimes. 

Like assaulting police officers? ;)

In the grand scheme of things, someone toking up isn't huge - but Luann is currently maintaining a sober lifestyle BECAUSE she's facing charges for assaulting a cop while intoxicated. First, she's pretty well fucked the sobriety by taking a hit off a doobie (and that her publicist was all "she has a script for medical marijuana" and not all "that never happened" means Luann probably was puffing on the doobie). Second, like it or not, don't care or not, she's violating the law despite knowing that she's soon to face a judge. That tells me just how seriously Luann is taking her little walk on the wild side. I am increasingly convinced that she will be dedicated to sobriety until she gets community service and then she will be back swinging on the chandeliers and landing in the bushes. Because she doesn't think she has a problem.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Like assaulting police officers? ;)

In the grand scheme of things, someone toking up isn't huge - but Luann is currently maintaining a sober lifestyle BECAUSE she's facing charges for assaulting a cop while intoxicated. First, she's pretty well fucked the sobriety by taking a hit off a doobie (and that her publicist was all "she has a script for medical marijuana" and not all "that never happened" means Luann probably was puffing on the doobie). Second, like it or not, don't care or not, she's violating the law despite knowing that she's soon to face a judge. That tells me just how seriously Luann is taking her little walk on the wild side. I am increasingly convinced that she will be dedicated to sobriety until she gets community service and then she will be back swinging on the chandeliers and landing in the bushes. Because she doesn't think she has a problem.

You make some very good points. I was speaking more of the fact that the Mayor of NYC has backed off simple pot users. LuAnn is violating the terms of her probation and I don’t condone that. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
I was corrected. It’s probation not parole. I fixed it.
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

You make some very good points. I was speaking more of the fact that the Mayor of NYC has backed off simple pot users. LuAnn is violating the terms of her parole and I don’t condone that. 

Luann is not on parole. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Luann is not on parole. 

Yup. Nevertheless, she is taking a huge risk using as she faces an upcoming trial.

9 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Girl, you get contact high walking down the streets. Crazy.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Yup. Nevertheless, she is taking a huge risk using as she faces an upcoming trial.

It's most like never going to come to trial. The prosecution has offered at least one plea deal that was rejected by Lu. It has a good chance to now be completely dismissed.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

It's most like never going to come to trial. The prosecution has offered at least one plea deal that was rejected by Lu. It has a good chance to now be completely dismissed.

Even with the assault?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

If that happens, there should be an uproar.  An uproar from folks who have committed the same or lesser sins and paid dearly for them.  

I know, life isn't fair, but arggghhh!

Never forget, William Smith.

• Love 3
Just now, LIMOM said:

Wow. 

On what grounds?

That it be out right dismissed? Speedy Trial motion on a first offender where the officer was not harmed. Assaulting a police officer is a charge that happens frequently when people are being arrested because there is typically contact but it can be difficult to prove. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

That it be out right dismissed? Speedy Trial motion on a first offender where the officer was not harmed. Assaulting a police officer is a charge that happens frequently when people are being arrested because there is typically contact but it can be difficult to prove. 

What no body Cam? :-0

Thanks for explaining. 

4 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

William Kennedy Smith. 

Yes I am ancient :-)

As am I but assumed I was missing something because the charges aren't remotely similar so the comparison was so out of left field so I assumed it was referring to someone different.

Edited by biakbiak
Just now, biakbiak said:

As am I but assumed I was missing something because the charges aren't remotely similar so the comparison was so out of left field I assumed I was missing a reference.

I am referring to the fact that Justice is not exactly blind in that part of Florida, plus he is somewhat related to the show.

Strained logic, but with yesterday’s verdict,(Cosby) this case came back on my mind.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

I am referring to the fact that Justice is not exactly blind in that part of Florida, plus he is somewhat related to the show.

Strained logic, but with yesterday’s verdict,(Cosby) this case came back on my mind.

The only comparison that can be drawn in those three cases are  substances were involved. Why equate her, admittedly shitty behavior, to two men who were accused (one now convicted) of rape? Famous people get arrested all the time for substance related behavior, hell I can name a few in Florida where video exists that are more apt comparisons.

The other thing Lu doesnt have in common with William Kennedy Smith and Cosby is her case hasn't even gone to trial.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

The only comparison that can be drawn in those three cases are  substances were involved. Why equate her, admittedly shitty behavior, to two men who were accused (one now convicted) of rape? Famous people get arrested all the time for substance related behavior, hell I can name a few in Florida where video exists that are more apt comparisons.

The other thing Lu doesnt have in commen with William Kennedy Smith and Cosby is her case hasn't even gone to trial.

Am I on trial, here? ;-)

Like I said, it is strained logic more like freestyle association.

I was just pointing to the fact that some people get away with shit and some don’t.

What Luann did, of course is not equivalent to what Cosby and Smith have done by a long shot.

Nevertheless, it does not negate the fact, that some get shot for far less, ymmv.

• Love 5

I actually agree there's a chance it could be dismissed and Luann is banking on that... but she should really be on her best behavior while the ax hangs overhead. 

That she's not able to maintain the façade of sobriety while waiting is a bit of a red flag and could turn this from a "lets basically ignore it and let the rich person walk away" type of situation and into a "lets nail the arrogant celebrity to the wall" thing.

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I actually agree there's a chance it could be dismissed and Luann is banking on that... but she should really be on her best behavior while the ax hangs overhead. 

That she's not able to maintain the façade of sobriety while waiting is a bit of a red flag and could turn this from a "lets basically ignore it and let the rich person walk away" type of situation and into a "lets nail the arrogant celebrity to the wall" thing.

Yikes.

12 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Girl, you get contact high walking down the streets. Crazy.

Her PR two said she has a script for marijuana, so it's legal. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Her PR two said she has a script for marijuana, so it's legal. 

Excellent. So what is the deal with that rumor of her smoking a joint?

Because it's not legal. 

Let me explain. 

In NY, medical marijuana is allowed but you can't smoke it. You have to get it from a dispensary, and its either ingested orally in capsules or inhaled via an inhalator. Smoking a joint is not "administering medicine". Taking a hit off someone else's joint that they are smoking recreationally is not ok, legally, even if you have script for it.

If I have a script for oxycotin, and I take one of a friend's that they are casually handing out as part of a pill party, I am still breaking the law. 

Thats all before we get into marijuana being an intoxicant so Luann isn't maintaining her sobriety by casually toking off someone else's joint. If she is taking marijuana medicinally, there are rules and restrictions concerning its use, it's not a get out of jail free card for her when she decides to casually puff up.

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Because it's not legal. 

Let me explain. 

In NY, medical marijuana is allowed but you can't smoke it. You have to get it from a dispensary, and its either ingested orally in capsules or inhaled via an inhalator. Smoking a joint is not "administering medicine". Taking a hit off someone else's joint that they are smoking recreationally is not ok, legally, even if you have script for it.

If I have a script for oxycotin, and I take one of a friend's that they are casually handing out as part of a pill party, I am still breaking the law. 

Thats all before we get into marijuana being an intoxicant so Luann isn't maintaining her sobriety by casually toking off someone else's joint. If she is taking marijuana medicinally, there are rules and restrictions concerning its use, it's not a get out of jail free card for her when she decides to casually puff up.

I had NO idea. The more you know. 

• Love 5

I feel like I am harping so please do understand - I don't have an issue with pot smoking as long as people are responsible. 

I do have a problem with Luann playing the sobriety/rehab game to avoid punishment. I know people who really need the relief that medicinal marijuana brings and I know how hard they have to fight to get the medicine they need so I am bothered by how casually Luann gets to play "I have a script, dahling" when no, she's not supposed to publically toking up on random joints as a part of her medical regime. 

How is puffing a joint Luann maintaining her sobriety?

• Love 12