Type keyword(s) to search

LuAnn de Lesseps: No Longer a Countess, Still Never a Princess

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I personally vote for the legalization of marijuana for recreational use every time it comes up in my state. Since "some people" are being chided for their views not being "liberal" enough, I feel I am now forced to state my views than accept your public chiding of not being open minded enough. I have no problem with legalizing marijuana for recreational use. My objection to Luann smoking a joint is a) it's not currently legal in her state so like the law or not, she is knowingly breaking the law b) she is professing to be sober publically which like it or not, usually includes pot and c) when caught smoking a joint, she has her publicist declare  she has a prescription so its ok for her to imbibe street marijuana publically, and not follow the medical marijuana guidelines like other patients. 

I'm not the one professing to be sober. Luann is the one who reportedly needs her personal assistants to never drink because the very idea that someone who works closely with her might go home and have a beer is some sort of trigger for Luann's addiction. 

I'm not currently facing charges in a different state that could put me in jail for a year for my behavior while using *legal* intoxicants.

That Luann feels she can flout the law isn't a shocker, its the same behavior she displayed in the lovely arrest video, she thinks she's rich and entitled and can merrily do as she pleases as she is above the law. 

That she is unlikely to be arrested doesn't mean she wasn't willfully breaking the law. That she then blames her behavior on her PTSD just means she has had some coaching in how to play the rich people addiction defense. That she is likely to get away with committing crimes with a slap on the wrist and a heap of sympathy for poor Luann is sad, but likely

One thing about sobriety one of the foundations is truthfulness.  Let's review:

when caught smoking a joint, she has her publicist declare  she has a prescription so its ok for her to imbibe street marijuana publically, and not follow the medical marijuana guidelines like other patients. 

Here is the quote from Luann's publicist:

When reached for comment, de Lesseps’ rep told us “Luann smokes occasionally to help with anxiety and pain from her accident.” In 1999, de Lesseps was involved in a car accident in Switzerland.

Nowhere does Luann's rep say its okay for her to imbibe on street marijuana publicly or that Luann even has a medical marijuana prescription.  Luann's rep did not even admit to Luann smoking street weed.

Luann never said she would not allow a staff member to have a beer after work.  Here is the pertinent portion:

“Luann seems to have learned her lesson and wants to be sober now,” a source told Radar. “She is telling all applicants in the first interview that drinking and substance abuse of any kind will not be tolerated, especially when on the clock. She also said that she would love a gay man who has a clean record.”

First off the uncredited quote says SUBSTANCE ABUSE. . . ESPECIALLY WHEN ON THE CLOCK.  Does anyone really think this is unique?  I have never heard of an employer who allows or encourages substance abuse while working or even off the clock.

The single most relevant thing is Luann through rehab has identified some of her issues.  PTSD is not a a rich person's affliction or excuse.  Please go to Walter Redd Medical Center and tell all those "rich" people suffering from PTSD how they have learned to play the system for sympathy.  What Luann through rehab and therapy realized is her problems were deeper than her marriage to Tom.    

Since Luann case has not been adjudicated is it a little soon to say she got a slap on the wrist? 

8 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

It's actually more illegal if she doesn't have a medical marijuana prescription.

If she didn't take a hit off some stranger's blunt, why not just say so instead of putting out a statement that Luann does smoke pot for anxiety and pain?

Is more illegal like being a little pregnant?

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

It's actually more illegal if she doesn't have a medical marijuana prescription.

If she didn't take a hit off some stranger's blunt, why not just say so instead of putting out a statement that Luann does smoke pot for anxiety and pain?

Just because page six didn't say that in their article doesn't mean that the rep didn't deny it happened and the rep didn't say what Luann smoked, be it cigarettes or pot. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Nowhere does Luann's rep say its okay for her to imbibe on street marijuana publicly or that Luann even has a medical marijuana prescription.  Luann's rep did not even admit to Luann smoking street weed.

Agreed, Since you're quoting me in your truthfulness discussion (you think I'm being untruthful, right?) - this all started because people used this phrase to extrapolate that Luann must have a prescription for medical marijuana so she wasn't breaking any law. Then I pointed out that if she did have a prescription she had to get her marijuana from a medical dispensary and that in NYS medical marijuana is not to be smoked so even if Luann has a prescription for medical marijuana, smoking street weed at a party is not legal, 

First off the uncredited quote says SUBSTANCE ABUSE. . . ESPECIALLY WHEN ON THE CLOCK. 

The actual quote said "“She is telling all applicants in the first interview that drinking and substance abuse of any kind will not be tolerated, especially when on the clock. "

And in previous discussions, I have clearly stated that I have no objection to Luann requiring people to not drink or use drugs while on the clock, being paid by her, but that I think it's intrusive for Luann to expect her employees to not drink if they so choose, on their own time as alcohol use is not legal. 

Please go to Walter Redd Medical Center and tell all those "rich" people suffering from PTSD how they have learned to play the system for sympathy.

Please don't compare Luann to people who are war veterans dealing with trauma. I was in Desert Storm. I am very lucky to have left service without problems but many of my good friends struggle with PTSD and they don't get even a tenth of the support that Luann gets in this thread. 

Edited by Rap541
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

I personally vote for the legalization of marijuana for recreational use every time it comes up in my state. Since "some people" are being chided for their views not being "liberal" enough, I feel I am now forced to state my views than accept your public chiding of not being open minded enough. I have no problem with legalizing marijuana for recreational use. My objection to Luann smoking a joint is a) it's not currently legal in her state so like the law or not, she is knowingly breaking the law b) she is professing to be sober publically which like it or not, usually includes pot and c) when caught smoking a joint, she has her publicist declare  she has a prescription so its ok for her to imbibe street marijuana publically, and not follow the medical marijuana guidelines like other patients. 

I'm not the one professing to be sober. Luann is the one who reportedly needs her personal assistants to never drink because the very idea that someone who works closely with her might go home and have a beer is some sort of trigger for Luann's addiction. 

I'm not currently facing charges in a different state that could put me in jail for a year for my behavior while using *legal* intoxicants.

That Luann feels she can flout the law isn't a shocker, its the same behavior she displayed in the lovely arrest video, she thinks she's rich and entitled and can merrily do as she pleases as she is above the law. 

That she is unlikely to be arrested doesn't mean she wasn't willfully breaking the law. That she then blames her behavior on her PTSD just means she has had some coaching in how to play the rich people addiction defense. That she is likely to get away with committing crimes with a slap on the wrist and a heap of sympathy for poor Luann is sad, but likely

It’s the mom in me ;-)

33 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Agreed, Since you're quoting me in your truthfulness discussion (you think I'm being untruthful, right?) - this all started because people used this phrase to extrapolate that Luann must have a prescription for medical marijuana so she wasn't breaking any law. Then I pointed out that if she did have a prescription she had to get her marijuana from a medical dispensary and that in NYS medical marijuana is not to be smoked so even if Luann has a prescription for medical marijuana, smoking street weed at a party is not legal, 

The actual quote said "“She is telling all applicants in the first interview that drinking and substance abuse of any kind will not be tolerated, especially when on the clock. "

And in previous discussions, I have clearly stated that I have no objection to Luann requiring people to not drink or use drugs while on the clock, being paid by her, but that I think it's intrusive for Luann to expect her employees to not drink if they so choose, on their own time as alcohol use is not legal. 

Please don't compare Luann to people who are war veterans dealing with trauma. I was in Desert Storm. I am very lucky to have left service without problems but many of my good friends struggle with PTSD and they don't get even a tenth of the support that Luann gets in this thread. 

No one here claimed that Luann had an RX script for MM as a defense for this gossip, someone asked if she have one because of PTSD but nothing beyond that. Then it became how she once again broke the law no matter if she did have one or not, again, all based on gossip by the ever present "unnamed source".

As to PTSD, one doesn't have to be a war vet in order to have it. I have it due to a severe closed head trauma injury, one in which I should have died according to the Dr.s. My accident happened almost 30 years ago but I still have vivid nightmares about it all the time and live with permanent damage it caused. My heart goes out to anyone that has suffered major, life altering, trauma, no matter where/when it happened with few exceptions. 

Thank you for your service RAP541.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I second this. 

I’m sorry to hear about your nightmares WIREWRAP. PTSD can effect many people and come from many different origins. It is very scary for those dealing with it and those that are caring and trying to help them. 

• Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, WireWrap said:

No one here claimed that Luann had an RX script for MM as a defense for this gossip, someone asked if she have one because of PTSD but nothing beyond that. Then it became how she once again broke the law no matter if she did have one or not, again, all based on gossip by the ever present "unnamed source".

As to PTSD, one doesn't have to be a war vet in order to have it. I have it due to a severe closed head trauma injury, one in which I should have died according to the Dr.s. My accident happened almost 30 years ago but I still have vivid nightmares about it all the time and live with permanent damage it caused. My heart goes out to anyone that has suffered major, life altering, trauma, no matter where/when it happened with few exceptions. 

Aah Wire- I am so sorry to hear you are still suffering. 

PTSD is a very common malady.  I would never deny anyone their assertion of PTSD-after seeing the mountain Luann and her kids tumbled down and walking through the snow.  Pre-arrest Luann discussed how she never really able to get past it-her mom suggested she take a Valium and she said that didn't work.  Eventually she ended up back in the Hamptons and to be close to family and friends.

3 hours ago, Rap541 said:

As to Luann and a prescription for medical marijuana you are correct others made a supposition. 

I don't see where the meaning changed in the truncated quote.  Other than she is telling.

The quote does not say Luann requires one not use it clearly states ABUSE.  Again this is not a quote from Luann directly-it seems it is a quote from someone who didn't get a call back after the initial interview.

Thank you for your military service.  My comment was a cautionary note as to lumping all people together who suffer from the same trauma. Your friends also do not have to take half the crap dished Luann's way.  I have a problem in general with this franchise which seems to have a lot of mental health issues and the way they deal with them.  Just when I was starting to like Bethenny again she said last night her favorite moment of all time was Kelly's implosion.  We have a group of women who think telling another person they are crazy or a whore, a slut is somehow okay, but referring to a hired driver as "driver" is a huge problem.  All I am saying is their priorities are way off.  

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 4

Your friends also do not have to take half the crap dished Luann's way.

Are you kidding me? You honestly believe Luann catches more crap than veterans who have to fight for months to get the rehab treatment she blithely  wandered off to? I know people missing limbs due to IEDs who get treated like trashy filth when they apply for jobs. A person who I didn't serve with but who did serve got written up at work for causing a scene because a bird flying into a window gave her a flashback.

Luann having to hear that her drunk ass behavior wasn't "class with the countess" really pales in comparison. 

I don't see where the meaning changed in the truncated quote

The meaning changes in the truncated quote because you're intentionally emphasizing  drug use. Your point was that it is not unreasonable for Luann to require employees to not use drugs illegally on or off the clock. No one is disagreeing with you there. But the original quote included drinking. Since drinking is not illegal, it is unreasonable of Luann to require employees to maintain alcohol sobriety in their unpaid off time.

I'm curious now if Luann would wink and nod merrily if one of her personal assistants offered her a toke? I mean, she *said* no illegal drugs on or off the clock... shouldn't she be practicing what she preaches?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

Are you kidding me? You honestly believe Luann catches more crap than veterans who have to fight for months to get the rehab treatment she blithely  wandered off to? I know people missing limbs due to IEDs who get treated like trashy filth when they apply for jobs. A person who I didn't serve with but who did serve got written up at work for causing a scene because a bird flying into a window gave her a flashback.

Luann having to hear that her drunk ass behavior wasn't "class with the countess" really pales in comparison. 

The meaning changes in the truncated quote because you're intentionally emphasizing  drug use. Your point was that it is not unreasonable for Luann to require employees to not use drugs illegally on or off the clock. No one is disagreeing with you there. But the original quote included drinking. Since drinking is not illegal, it is unreasonable of Luann to require employees to maintain alcohol sobriety in their unpaid off time.

I'm curious now if Luann would wink and nod merrily if one of her personal assistants offered her a toke? I mean, she *said* no illegal drugs on or off the clock... shouldn't she be practicing what she preaches?

tumblr_m9e5kuc9ao1qhyckn.gif

• Love 3
On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:30 PM, Rap541 said:

The justification for people to ignore her drug use is that she has a prescription and needs her medicine. Right? I mean, I don't want to ruffle any feathers when I point out that Luann's publicist justified her taking a hit with how she has a prescription due to her PTSD (thats a mental problem btw). 

If Luann didn't need the medicine for her medical problem, then Luann was smoking pot recreationally - she just wanted to get intoxicated. In NYS while medical marijuana is legal, it's not legal to smoke it. It's also not legal to obtain outside of a dispensary.  Since Luann is a grown up and not a child, she's required to know the legalities surrounding her medicinal marijuana use. She decided - even though she is facing charges in a different state surrounding her inability to control herself, and despite attending rehab briefly and making a huge to-do about her newfound sobriety, to engage in casual illicit drug use

If you want to give her a pat on the back and a "way to go, Lulu!" you certainly can. She was breaking the law, and her only excuse was possibly needing it medicinally, and you seem to be suggesting she wasn't, she just was having some fun with drugs. I personally think it shows her casual disregard for law - she's rich so she can get away with it and if push ever comes to shove, well, she has a doctor willing to say she's got problems. She's playing a game.

Well, right now we know she hasn't learned anything from rehab, because she's being spotted using marijuana and her publicist, rather than denying the anonymous report, declared that she's got a prescription for it. The smart thing, when you're awaiting adjudication on charges related to intoxication is to not be seen publically getting high. 

And her actual behavior the night of her arrest was hardly praiseworthy. She got physical with a cop, she made threatening statements, she was so piss drunk, the cops had to be called to take her away from a public establishment. If she wasn't rich, I really think she'd see some jail time because yes, it was a first arrest but it was a hell of a first arrest.

I wouldn't be upset or crying in sympathy if she did get some jail time. In the video of her in the cop car, she clearly said she wanted to kill the cop, she clearly slipped her handcuffs, she was not a treat to be around and needs to learn how not to act in public. Does she need to go away for a year? Nope - I'd be genuinely shocked if she got that sort of sentence. But two months in county jail to learn a stern lesson? Seems pretty fair. She did a dumb thing and by her current behavior, doesn't seem to have learned a lesson yet.

Now would she get two months? Or any time in jail? Very unlikely. She's rich and she's playing the rehab "I'm sick" card. Where I think she will run into issues is that if she can't stay away from party intoxicants now, she might have difficulty on probation. 

I really don't give a shit or need justification to absolve Luanne's toking sin. It's just not a big deal. IF she is not assaulting anybody after a toke, smoke on!

• Love 9
On 5/3/2018 at 5:19 AM, LIMOM said:

Sounds crazy but I watch boring British tv. It seems to work at time for me. 

The 90’s are back! And not in a good way.

I like it she is so sexy 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/3/2018 at 12:40 PM, Rap541 said:

What I will emphasize is the quote was not from Luann.  It sounded stupid to make it sound as if Luann was being unreasonable and selfish to not allow drug use on the clock.  Luann has never said that on the record.  If one wants to drink and party down when not working then maybe one should not apply for a job with a recently sober person.  

Again Luann isn't doing the preaching-it was not her quote and we do not know if they are her sentiments.  Many people work as personal assistants and/or drivers even though their boss is drinking or smoking pot-they are not necessarily at liberty to do the same.  Do we see Rocio having a glass of rose with Vanderpump and her guests?  Of course not.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 2
(edited)

Of course it wasn't Luann's fault!

She pretty much described a day of binge drinking but now somebody must have slipped her something!

So, now it's kinda sorta not Luann's fault for drinking too much, now she was the drugged against her will victim!

It's amazing how Luann is owning her actions, oh wait, even though she may have had two margaritas, she must've been slipped something! 

Edited by Rap541
  • Love 8
On 5/2/2018 at 12:30 PM, Rap541 said:

If you want to give her a pat on the back and a "way to go, Lulu!" you certainly can. She was breaking the law, and her only excuse was possibly needing it medicinally, and you seem to be suggesting she wasn't, she just was having some fun with drugs. I personally think it shows her casual disregard for law - she's rich so she can get away with it and if push ever comes to shove, well, she has a doctor willing to say she's got problems. She's playing a game.

Heck, I break the law everyday when I go 50 in a 45 mph zone. Does that mean I have a casual disregard for the law?  Nope. I'm not about to get all up in arms over someone taking hit off a joint but apparently it's something you feel strongly about.

Interesting article about Luann today, I appreciate her perspective on Dorinda: 

Regarding Bethenny calling Dorinda "a drunk," Luann said, "That's Bethenny's conclusion and not mine. I wasn't there."

http://toofab.com/2018/05/10/luann-de-lesseps-sobriety-exhausting-rhony-blowout-hard-to-watch/

• Love 3

Luann hasn't been shy about talking about how much she was drinking prior to rehab.  I would not exactly call it binge drinking as it seems to have been spread out over several hours.   More like maintenance drinking with a little spike. I hope Luann has learned not to accept drinks from fans-they don't have to be alcoholic to be doctored.  Order drinks in a factory container.

I appreciate the fact Luann is truly taking her recovery one day at a time and sharing her story.  Luann seems to have also been fairly cool about Dorinda's situation.  I do believe Luann has been on the receiving end of some of Dorinda's alcohol fueled hostility.  

• Love 3

Heck, I break the law everyday when I go 50 in a 45 mph zone. Does that mean I have a casual disregard for the law?  Nope. I'm not about to get all up in arms over someone taking hit off a joint but apparently it's something you feel strongly about.

It just surprises me then that you're making a point of telling me how you don't feel strongly but do think I'm overreacting to Luann smoking a joint. :)

But here's the thing. It's not "OMG LUANN SMOKED A DOOBIE!" - because if Luann prior to her arrest and subsequent protests that she's now sober had smoked a doobie, my honest reaction would be "pretty dumb to do it in public but not that big a deal".

The problem is that this isn't prior to Luann's arrest and public bid to insist she's sober. 

Luann is currently facing charges. She could go to jail for up to a year. She probably wont because she's rich but... How stupid does one have to be to even be in the same area as someone using illegal drugs when you're facing charges for bad behavior while intoxicated? She can't even maintain the façade that she's on the wagon to where she's toking up where people can see her. Right now, in order to present a picture of herself genuinely taking her behavior seriously, the last thing she should be doing is casually toking up publically.  It strongly suggests to me that the sobriety and insistence that she's walking the straight and narrow is all an act. Especially when I couple it with the new "Someone must've slipped me something" story she's now telling.

If someone slipped her "something" then her little episode of crazy violence wasn't because she was a drunk drinking, it was because of the drugs and now we know how Luann will justify her glasses of wine in the future. 

• Love 6
(edited)
On 5/10/2018 at 12:27 AM, Rap541 said:

Of course it wasn't Luann's fault!

She pretty much described a day of binge drinking but now somebody must have slipped her something!

So, now it's kinda sorta not Luann's fault for drinking too much, now she was the drugged against her will victim!

It's amazing how Luann is owning her actions, oh wait, even though she may have had two margaritas, she must've been slipped something! 

Since she drinks rather heavily and frequently (apparent on the show)  her comfort and tolerance with alcohol would be rather high and therefore it makes sense that Lulu would know her own response to alcohol.

She is not a lightweight.

Hopefully, a blood test was done during her arrest which  would prove/disprove her story. 

Yes, she appears to be cavalier however even entitled, famous people can be victimized. 

Also what we read in the papers/blogs is most likely inaccurate. 

From the video posted, it is apparent that she was severely impaired but how can one knows from what?

The day of the trial, she ‘d better be humble Lulu from Berlin and not the Comtesse, imo.

Can’t understand why she did not take the plea but lawyers have to eat and she has plenty of money to pay.

What a waste of time!

As far, as Luann being an alcoholic, she came to the conclusion that she is not one so there.

There are plenty of people who drinks heavily at times, it does not make them alcoholics.

If acting like a fool while intoxicated in public made you an alcoholic, most of Yankees stadium spectators need to be in rehab!

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 5

As far, as Luann being an alcoholic, she came to the conclusion that she is not one so there.

Yes, I am aware that alcoholism is ruled by self diagnosis.

I just hope that her going to rehab for her alcohol isn't considered in any sentence she receives since she's decided she isn't an alcoholic and therefore isn't ill. 

Somehow though, I have a pretty good feeling she's going to be citing her rehabilitation for alcoholism and her *newfound sobriety* as a factor in why she shouldn't go to jail. My suspicion is that Luann will call herself an alcoholic until she gets away with probation etc. That she's already throwing out new justification for her drunk behavior reveals her plan to drink again.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Since she drinks rather heavily and frequently (apparent on the show)  her comfort and tolerance with alcohol would be rather high and therefore it makes sense that Lulu would know her own response to alcohol.

She is not a lightweight.

... so this is means that when Luann says she must have been drugged it *has* to be true?  It isn't possible she's just making excuses for being outrageously shitfaced so that when she returns to drinking people can't give her the side eye? 

5 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Hopefully, a blood test was done during her arrest which  would prove/disprove her story. 

Not likely. She wasn't taken to a hospital because she wasn't sick/injured so it's unlikely any blood was drawn during a medical procedure.  And she cannot be legally compelled to give blood just because she was arrested. Only in cases of DUI is consent to give blood or do a breathalyzer assumed (by virtue of possessing a driver's license) and even then you can refuse, although there will be a penalty.  Luann wasn't arrested for DUI so nobody would have been requesting a blood draw - she would have had to arrange her own blood test. Apparently she did not/was unable to think ahead and realize she needed to preserve evidence of someone slipping her a mickey. Or she knew damn well she just drank too much and there was no point in having blood drawn because it would just show she had a .3 blood alcohol level and that would undermine her claim that she was drugged. 

Hmm, which is more likely ... lol

• Love 9

I can see why Luann questions if it was just the alcohol.  For someone who is represented by counsel she has pretty much admitted to the bad behavior.  Questioning it is not the same as using it as a defense.  She has obviously is choosing not to drink at this time in her life.

I am wondering if Dorinda always remembers her behavior?  Luann we have not seen behave nasty and belligerent when drinking-Dorinda seems to be  pretty much a constant. 

This franchise seems to have issues with labels.  Not the apparel type.  

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

someone who is represented by counsel she has pretty much admitted to the bad behavior.  Questioning it is not the same as using it as a defense.  She has obviously is choosing not to drink at this time in her life.

Not to mention she said that she "almost felt" like that so it doesn't seem like something she is using in her legal defense.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

... so this is means that when Luann says she must have been drugged it *has* to be true?  It isn't possible she's just making excuses for being outrageously shitfaced so that when she returns to drinking people can't give her the side eye? 

Not likely. She wasn't taken to a hospital because she wasn't sick/injured so it's unlikely any blood was drawn during a medical procedure.  And she cannot be legally compelled to give blood just because she was arrested. Only in cases of DUI is consent to give blood or do a breathalyzer assumed (by virtue of possessing a driver's license) and even then you can refuse, although there will be a penalty.  Luann wasn't arrested for DUI so nobody would have been requesting a blood draw - she would have had to arrange her own blood test. Apparently she did not/was unable to think ahead and realize she needed to preserve evidence of someone slipping her a mickey. Or she knew damn well she just drank too much and there was no point in having blood drawn because it would just show she had a .3 blood alcohol level and that would undermine her claim that she was drugged. 

Hmm, which is more likely ... lol

What I meant is, since she is used to drinking, she knows how she feels, imo. If I were drugged I would notice as I don’t indulge.

See where I am going?

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, LIMOM said:

What I meant is, since she is used to drinking, she knows how she feels, imo. If I were drugged I would notice as I don’t indulge.

See where I am going?

Ummm, no. Because this means that any point in the spectrum from teetotaler to blackout drunk, you would know if you've been drugged because you know your body. That's just not true for everyone.

Even in Luann's recollection of that night where she suggests that she might have been drugged, she says she probably had about a bottle of wine to herself, 2 martinis, and lunch. Based on most BAC calculations, she was probably twice the Florida legal limit when the police showed up. Furthermore, in earlier interviews she said she hadn't slept the previous night and was drinking about 7 drinks a day. She may not have ever sobered up from the previous night. Who is to say that she was well hydrated on the day of her arrest, had a decent amount of food in her, or wasn't severely sleep deprived--all of which could impact her behavior on top of the enormous amounts of alcohol she was consuming. All of this is cumulative. But sure, she'd like to suggest that maybe someone drugged her when occam's razor would indicate that the totality of all of her bad behaviors caused her to spin out of control on that night.

Luann is saying that she almost felt like she was drugged because she can't prove it in court and her vague feelings aren't admissible. She's doing this for the court of public opinion who are willing to accept this vague excuse so that fans, charities, and advertisers don't drop her. If she had actually thought she was drugged, her lawyers would have demanded immediate blood tests or had her go to a hospital to get it done. That tells me that she and they knew full fucking well that her behavior could be explained away by her own actions.

Additionally she's equivocating about being drugged because she's starting to implicate businesses in Palm Beach that she absolutely wants the luxury of returning to.

All in all, I think it's dumb and she should shut up.

The one and only message should be, especially because she wants to continue drinking, is she was going through a rough time, she was self medicating, and she's found better outlets for dealing with her feelings.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 10

My husband is in the wine business and from time to time we encounter people in the business who have quit drinking, gone to rehab, toughed it out, resumed "controlled" drinking, frequently relapsed.  For an experienced drinker consuming seven drinks a day-if it is over a period of time say 2 pm until 8 pm doesn't usually result in black outs but there is a first time for everything.  A lot of wine events start in the early afternoon as a "tasting" but then there is appetizers, dinner and the dance and I have seen people consume many bottles of wine in the course of a day.  I can't because I am a puker-just a little too much and it comes up.  With Luann and Tom I am thinking she is an early riser and probably had a couple of drinks before meeting him for drinks, dinner, more drinks.  

This has more to do with Dorinda than Luann, I think Dorinda is one of those people that her drunk switch is turned pretty quick.  I think after one cocktail or even mid cocktail there is the beginning of the slur.  Ramona gets bossy, Luann was always pretty even, Bethenny gets loud.  The one who was a pretty good gauge of the drinkers was Kristen.  I am not saying they don't change as they continue but I just remember their big trip and Ramona got ballsy after a few drinks and went for the restaurant owner, Heather and Bethenny get loud and Luann fell on the ground playing with the dog.  

As far as the drugs, I am certain, Luann cannot believe she reacted the way she did with just drinking.  I was also wondering if perhaps Luann was taking some sort of pharmaceutical drugs-Xanax, or something and that caused an intensified effect.  

When I hear Luann say she is not drinking today. I could see Luann going to Europe and imbibing.  Even when she was sitting down with her daughter Luann spoke of she and Tom drinking too much.  There was an awareness prior to Palm Beach.  At the beginning of the season it looked like Sonja, Dorinda, Ramona and Luann had all become a little bloated from drink.  Look at Luann now and what a difference-Dorinda, Sonja and Ramona not so much and they are all still drinking.

I think Luann is playing with fire if she goes back to drinking but Luann's constitution is such she doesn't mind getting burned.  Without scientific proof I am sure Luann will not assert the someone slipped me something defense.  The Below Deck chick insisted on it and it was positive but she did it within a certain period of time.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

The Below Deck chick insisted on it and it was positive but she did it within a certain period of time.

What? Is there something on a thread about this. I’m wondering who...oh gosh. 

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

What? Is there something on a thread about this. I’m wondering who...oh gosh. 

Adrienne Gang, the chief stew from season 1. http://www.tampabay.com/news/humaninterest/below-deck-star-adrienne-gang-is-your-drink-spiked/2139948

The difference between the two is that it was 12 hours between when Adrienne showed up at the restaurant and being released from jail. Adrienne seems to have had fewer drinks than Luann and basically has no recollection of the evening; Adrienne's narrative of the events is essentially what others have told her. While Luann can recall what happened and can recount it in a first person form. Luann also was drinking from early afternoon until when she was arrested.

I don't think Luann was drugged, but I wouldn't be surprised if she miscalculated between her drinking, lack of sleep, and maybe some pills she took (a sleeping pill taken too late the night before or a Xanax).

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

Adrienne Gang, the chief stew from season 1. http://www.tampabay.com/news/humaninterest/below-deck-star-adrienne-gang-is-your-drink-spiked/2139948

The difference between the two is that it was 12 hours between when Adrienne showed up at the restaurant and being released from jail. Adrienne seems to have had fewer drinks than Luann and basically has no recollection of the evening; Adrienne's narrative of the events is essentially what others have told her. While Luann can recall what happened and can recount it in a first person form. Luann also was drinking from early afternoon until when she was arrested.

I don't think Luann was drugged, but I wouldn't be surprised if she miscalculated between her drinking, lack of sleep, and maybe some pills she took (a sleeping pill taken too late the night before or a Xanax).

What I don't understand is how Luann, a very drunk Luann, didn't respond to be told she was in the worng hotel room.  It would seem she would want to get to her room.

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

What I don't understand is how Luann, a very drunk Luann, didn't respond to be told she was in the worng hotel room.  It would seem she would want to get to her room.

I think she was probably in a state of some undress already, was Slurinda sloshed, and was probably trying pull herself together when security and maybe the police tried to extricate her from the room. I think some of the Sonja, Dorinda, and Tinsley debacles that made the papers had made her super wary. I think her lizard brain took over, she was hoping she could pull herself together, and could talk her way out of it with a bunch of "I got lost my love," "I got confused," "I stay here all the time," "talk to my friend," and "I'm Countess Luann de Lesseps." Luann hates public embarrassment (no one really likes it), but it truly seems to trigger a fight or flight response in her.

• Love 11
35 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I think she was probably in a state of some undress already, was Slurinda sloshed, and was probably trying pull herself together when security and maybe the police tried to extricate her from the room. I think some of the Sonja, Dorinda, and Tinsley debacles that made the papers had made her super wary. I think her lizard brain took over, she was hoping she could pull herself together, and could talk her way out of it with a bunch of "I got lost my love," "I got confused," "I stay here all the time," "talk to my friend," and "I'm Countess Luann de Lesseps." Luann hates public embarrassment (no one really likes it), but it truly seems to trigger a fight or flight response in her.

Almost every RH on this franchise has had a public meltdown except Luann. Even falling in the bushes she stayed composed.  

Ramona has lost it with Kristen and others, Bethenny has lost it, Dorinda had lost, Sonja has been off the rails but Luann is usually accused of be pretentious or being the snatch guard.  Luann is not the  screamer more of an aside or snide.  Carole has never lost it, Aviva sure did.  

Good case for not using alcohol any longer.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Her ex most likely made disparaging remarks about her embarrassing drunken behaviors.

The old fart enjoyed the “Moroccan  princess Luann” in the bedroom but not in chichi events, imo.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, LIMOM said:

See where I am going?

Oh, I get what you are saying -  you believe people who drink a lot know how they respond to alcohol and would be able to tell if they had been drugged. I'm not sure I completely agree with you, but I understand what you are suggesting. 

The point I was making is that in my humble opinion Luann is 100% full of shit when she suggests she might have been drugged. I think she is throwing the idea that she was slipped something out there just to muddy the waters about her behavior that night. Whether her habitual abuse of alcohol makes her a better judge of anything is irrelevant to my considerations. I simply think she is a very embarrassed drunk who broke the law and is trying desperately to make excuses to save face.   

• Love 22

The point I was making is that in my humble opinion Luann is 100% full of shit when she suggests she might have been drugged. I think she is throwing the idea that she was slipped something out there just to muddy the waters about her behavior that night

This. 

If she was slipped something, then she's not some idiot who got drunk and did something dumb, she's the victim of a predator.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Oh, I get what you are saying -  you believe people who drink a lot know how they respond to alcohol and would be able to tell if they had been drugged. I'm not sure I completely agree with you, but I understand what you are suggesting. 

The point I was making is that in my humble opinion Luann is 100% full of shit when she suggests she might have been drugged. I think she is throwing the idea that she was slipped something out there just to muddy the waters about her behavior that night. Whether her habitual abuse of alcohol makes her a better judge of anything is irrelevant to my considerations. I simply think she is a very embarrassed drunk who broke the law and is trying desperately to make excuses to save face.   

Maybe it is a simple as Luann feels like she has the same amount of alcohol before and never behaved in the same fashion.  

I would be fairly certain when Luann started the day she was not planning on hooking up with an ex boyfriend in the wrong hotel room, slamming a door on a cop, being placed in a patrol car and appearing in court the next day with the same clothes she had on the day before.  

Luann is answering questions people are asking.  Her friend  she was with that night first made the suggestion.  Maybe the friend thought the fans sending drinks were suspect in retrospect.

Had the situation been Dorinda resisting arrest I would think it was just the next step in Dorinda's drinking parade.  Dorinda is often confrontational when drinking-Luann not so much.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Maybe it is a simple as Luann feels like she has the same amount of alcohol before and never behaved in the same fashion.  

I would be fairly certain when Luann started the day she was not planning on hooking up with an ex boyfriend in the wrong hotel room, slamming a door on a cop, being placed in a patrol car and appearing in court the next day with the same clothes she had on the day before.  

Luann is answering questions people are asking.  Her friend  she was with that night first made the suggestion.  Maybe the friend thought the fans sending drinks were suspect in retrospect.

Had the situation been Dorinda resisting arrest I would think it was just the next step in Dorinda's drinking parade.  Dorinda is often confrontational when drinking-Luann not so much.

Did she say she may have been slipped something? or was it a loaded question, like, "Was it possible you were slipped something?" to which she might reply that maybe, yes, because she doesn't remember. Like the old comedy routine question, "Yes or no; Do you beat your wife fewer than 3 time a week?"

Does she have another court appearance scheduled? When will Bravo be taping we know what the punishment is? Anyone know?  

Will she be upset if she doesn't get the media coverage Teresa Giudice (RHNJ) got?

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Did she say she may have been slipped something? or was it a loaded question, like, "Was it possible you were slipped something?" to which she might reply that maybe, yes, because she doesn't remember. Like the old comedy routine question, "Yes or no; Do you beat your wife fewer than 3 time a week?"

She was not asked a loaded question. It's her completely unsolicited answer, which she justifies and contradicts by both saying she drank more than usual on that particular day and that her drinking that much was pretty typical. It is the second Luann video that comes up.

https://www.doctoroz.com/episode/wacky-births-most-outrageous-and-unexpected-places-people-have-given-birth-accident?video_id=5782524949001

This Bustle article is pretty close to her verbatim response.

https://www.bustle.com/p/luann-de-lesseps-shared-more-arrest-details-said-she-cops-to-what-went-down-video-9040559

This Dr. Oz interview is the first time in her many interviews and statements where she suggests that she was slipped something and has no recollection of what happened that evening. In the others, she's never suggested that.

24 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Does she have another court appearance scheduled? When will Bravo be taping we know what the punishment is? Anyone know?  

Will she be upset if she doesn't get the media coverage Teresa Giudice (RHNJ) got?

I believe she has additional court appearances scheduled.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

That works too.

Either scenarios are possible.

• Love 1

Luann & Jill have been friends for years. While I'm sure Luann would be happy having her back on the show, their getting together is nothing new and not likely a play for anything.

Happy to see Jill out & smiling.

• Love 9
On 5/12/2018 at 2:41 PM, FairyDusted said:

I just don't get not taking the plea. Seems risky as hell to me. I think I would just want to take my lumps and go about my business. 

See People vs. Jason Hoppy-oops it has been dismissed after six months of not violating restraining order.

See People vs. Tinsley Mortimer-oops it has been dismissed after six months of following all court orders.

It is fairly common for defendants to wait for an offer that includes sustained obeying all orders and dismissal at the end of a certain time period.  

Most likely the prosecution as was the case in Jason Hoppy's case just kept making offers that were unattractive.  In Jason's case there might have been two sides to the story.  Luann's case is just bizarre.  Wrong room setting off a chain of events.

• Love 8

Wrong room setting off a chain of events.

Yeah it was the wrong room and not that she was blitzed off her ass that led to her hitting the cop and yelling "I'm going to fucking kill you". :)

It sure wasn't the alcohol and Luann went to rehab not for alcohol abuse but because she wanted to "renew" herself and of course isn't an alcoholic.

Heck, it wasn't even the evil person who maybe slipped a roofie in one of her many drinks.

It wasn't Luann making the irresponsible choice as an adult to get too intoxicated to blame.

It was the wrong room to blame. 

What next? It was Bethenny's fault?

• Love 5

38 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

See People vs. Jason Hoppy-oops it has been dismissed after six months of not violating restraining order.

See People vs. Tinsley Mortimer-oops it has been dismissed after six months of following all court orders.

It is fairly common for defendants to wait for an offer that includes sustained obeying all orders and dismissal at the end of a certain time period. 

Tinsley and Jason were in trouble for trespassing and harassment. Their crimes sprung from a basic lack of self control. By taking responsibility for their actions and behaving themselves for an extended period of time, they showed the court they could control themselves and follow the law so the charges against them were dismissed.

Luann got blind drunk and went on a mini rampage against the police. She's made numerous excuses for her choice to drink to excess, culminating in the insinuation that she was drugged (the ultimate "it's not my fault" defense).  It appears she may intend to return to drinking since she apparently doesn't feel like she has a problem with alcohol. She was recently was seen smoking pot with strangers outside a nightclub which violates the law even if she has a prescription for medical marijuana. 

Luann doesn't deserve the kind of plea deal that Tinsley and Jason got. She won't accept responsibility for what she did, she doesn't seem intent on changing her ways, and she is publicly flouting the law. If she is planning on simply waiting for the prosecution to make her a sweet offer by dragging things out, she is stupid.  People who thumb their noses at the law post-arrest don't get offered great deals, they piss off the State and get made an example of. Rather than being the result of a strategic plan to obtain a "dismissal if you're a good girl" plea deal, I think Luann rejected the first plea offer because it included jail time and she simply can't face that and she is praying they'll just drop that demand for some reason.

But I think it has to be remembered ... even though Luann is a wealthy white female "celebrity" ... she hit a cop. I doubt that is an offense she is going to get dismissed by simply behaving herself for the duration of a court order/plea deal. Especially when she has not managed to behave herself while trying to obtain such a plea offer to begin with. 

These charges are not going to just go away. Eventually Luann will have to answer for what she did that night in some form. She may want to think about staying out of nightclubs and taking tokes off random joints in public if she wants any kind of plea deal at all. Because if she stands trial and is convicted she is facing real time in jail.

40 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Yeah it was the wrong room and not that she was blitzed off her ass that led to her hitting the cop and yelling "I'm going to fucking kill you". :)

It sure wasn't the alcohol and Luann went to rehab not for alcohol abuse but because she wanted to "renew" herself and of course isn't an alcoholic.

Heck, it wasn't even the evil person who maybe slipped a roofie in one of her many drinks.

It wasn't Luann making the irresponsible choice as an adult to get too intoxicated to blame.

It was the wrong room to blame. 

What next? It was Bethenny's fault?

You left out the stupid cop who stuck his head in the way of the slamming bathroom door (not to mention the thoughtless, irresponsible door itself). LOL

Yeah, I'm gonna have to go with "Luann choosing to partake of two bottles of rose', a couple of martinis, then having even more liquor at the hotel" is what set off the chain of events that night. Without those choices -all made by Luann- there would never have been a wrong room or a cop with a huge mark on his head. Or a bathroom door with a dent in it.  

• Love 8

But I think it has to be remembered ... even though Luann is a wealthy white female "celebrity" ... she hit a cop. I doubt that is an offense she is going to get dismissed by simply behaving herself for the duration of a court order/plea deal. Especially when she has not managed to behave herself while trying to obtain such a plea offer to begin with. 

These charges are not going to just go away. Eventually Luann will have to answer for what she did that night in some form. She may want to think about staying out of nightclubs and taking tokes off random joints in public if she wants any kind of plea deal at all. Because if she stands trial and is convicted she is facing real time in jail.

My only point of disagreement is that I think it's possible she will be allowed to plea down to something that allows probation and community service. I think her wealth and her fame will insulate her to that point. Although the video of her in the cop car is pretty bad. I just think she's likely to luck out. 

I completely agree that she's needing to watch her behavior. I am astounded that she doesn't see the pitfalls of night clubbing and toking up publically. If you're going to prat how you're sober, then at least do drugs privately. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I believe she gave up smoking in rehab as well as alcohol. 

Thank goodness. She was drinking too much, but I think she can moderate that on her own without much work. The cigarettes were going to kill her because I think she was addicted.

• Love 3