Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
CuriousParker

People Magazine Investigates

Okay, I’m trying not to hate this show, but they make that so hard.

None of these reporters can narrate a story without irritating the hell out of me.  One has a whiny baby voice, another one has a lisp, and the editor has possibly the most annoying British accent I’ve ever heard.  For fuck’s sake, hire a narrator.

The story of the Springfield Three had no resolution.  It was a sad story, a whodunit mystery, deserving to be told, but if it’s not solved it makes the viewer annoyed to sit through for an hour. Come on, People Magazine.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I don't mind watching an unsolved story, myself, but yeah, I can see where it might be frustrating for those who don't. 

I seem to remember this story being covered on a "Disappeared" episode once, too. I'm glad there's still attention being brought to this case-such a weird, creepy, haunting story. I hope the families and friends will finally get some answers as soon as possible.

And god, that guy who refuses to talk about what he knows (or what he claims to know, at least) until after his mom dies. You just want to punch him. If he doesn't actually know anything and he just wants attention, then somebody needs to call him on it and tell him to shut up. And if he does know what happened, then somebody needs to get him to talk now. 

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Annber03 said:

And if he does know what happened, then somebody needs to get him to talk now. 

Like maybe his mother?  

• Like 6

Regarding the Kevin Collins disappearance...was it revealed whose bones were found in the convicted pedophile’s garage?

Either I missed it or they didn’t say. 

• Like 1

I don't believe they said, no.

What a sad story. That poor family. I can't believe the police waited three days before actually starting up an investigation. The kid was ten years old, for god's sakes, his family was clearly worried, they should've gotten out there and started investigating a LOT sooner. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

Regarding the Kevin Collins disappearance...was it revealed whose bones were found in the convicted pedophile’s garage?

Either I missed it or they didn’t say. 

They didn't say, but Wiki says they were animal bones.

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

They didn't say, but Wiki says they were animal bones.

Thank you WalnutQueen.  

I assumed they weren't human but you never know.

As to the prime suspects' partner...can a human get any lower in the gutter than him?  Full immunity - and he still is tormenting the family.  

No way in hell he doesn't know anything.  No way.

• Like 4

Holy crap, the Freeway Phantom case in tonight's episode. What a haunting, horrifying story. 

Infuriating, too-imagine, imagine if the police had gone looking for Carol the night her mom reported her missing, instead of shrugging her off as a runaway. She'd been alive most of the time she was held captive. Had police been on her case from the get-go, maybe they could've saved her in time, and caught the guy, and five more girls might still be alive now. 

(It's interesting that she seems to be the only victim who survived for a few days after her abduction. The other girls were found dead within a short time of going missing. So eerie to see how this killer was honing their M.O. with each new murder.)

And then the destruction of evidence. Why the hell would anyone do that? God, I can't even begin to imagine how pissed those families are about that. Bless that detective for doing her best to try and recreate the file, though-it's something, at least. The D.C. police should be ashamed of how badly they dropped the ball on this one. 

Those poor girls. Those poor families. I wouldn't blame any of their loved ones for losing hope after all these years, especially given the lack of case preservation, but I do hope they can finally get at least some of the answers they're looking for eventually. 

• Like 4

Could People be any more biased towards the defense? The Jeffrey Macdonal/Green Beret case was total BS.

RIP Colette, Kim, Kristen and unborn son.

SMH

• Like 2