Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E09: Tailing Angie

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

That had the retread of at least five different episodes...and having Bishop on a stake out is never good..She screws up on those things...plus, the twist of the Admiral hiring the PI? I called that ten minutes in....One...big...yawn.....

..and I still watch this why?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, hookedontv said:

What happened to Bishop’s hair? I’m not a fan. 

This seems like a major change in both cut and color.

I've missed the last 3 weeks due to work. Is this the first appearance of the new "do" and color?

• Love 1

As for Ducky, he's a fan favorite.  Everybody loves Ducky. So, I don't think there's anything more ominous involved than trying to give us some screen time with an actor who wants to be mostly retired.

I think I kind of like Bishop's hair, it's just going to take getting used to.

I also liked this epi.  Besides the sweater shenanigans, there wasn't a whole lot of personal stupid crap going on.  Definitely could have used some more McGee,but I liked that first scene with his stakeout boredom and trying to lick his elbow.  Seems true to life of what someone would do when they just have to sit in a car waiting for someone to get out of jail.

• Love 2

I like Bishop's hair better with this color.  The blond hair always had very dark roots showing, and her eyebrows were too dark a contrast against the blond hair.  I think this suits her better.  

When I saw Torres spray that sweater and then drape it over the radiator, I thought something was going to happen with the heat from the radiator to ruin the sweater.  It was not an attractive sweater, and the advice to take the money was good.

Looks like a little bit of Christmas for the next episode.

• Love 5

Gibbs kissing Abby on the cheek was a long standing thing, one she clearly welcomed, encouraged and sometimes demanded. Gibbs kissing Kasey on the check unexpectedly and uninvited at work is inappropriate. Just stop it now. 

Like another poster, I knew the admiral hired the investigator first thing. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Gibbs kissing Abby on the cheek was a long standing thing, one she clearly welcomed, encouraged and sometimes demanded. Gibbs kissing Kasey on the check unexpectedly and uninvited at work is inappropriate. Just stop it now. 

I've worked at my current job for 15 years and get along really well with my boss.  But, if he kissed me on the cheek, I'd probably slap him. OK, maybe not, but I'd tell him in no uncertain terms that he'd best not do it again.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

It also just looked weird and unrequested.  And it feels like a giant f*ck-you to Pauley Perrette regarding her long-standing character.  

On 12/5/2018 at 7:18 AM, Katy M said:

As for Ducky, he's a fan favorite.  Everybody loves Ducky. So, I don't think there's anything more ominous involved than trying to give us some screen time with an actor who wants to be mostly retired.

But the dialog was just so odd, stilted, and meaningless, and it was shoe-horned so awkwardly into the plot, that it seems like they had to be laying the groundwork for something to come.

• Love 2

I kept waiting for Ducky to add something that would help solve the case, perhaps some memory of the previous investigation, but no. I, too, had a thought that something was going to happen to him, like a plane crash. Maybe he will miss being on one by having to stay another night, and that near miss will prompt him to retire for good.

It drives me nuts when they chat during a stakeout and take their eyes off the target. During the time that they watched the PI go in through the back door, Angie could have left through the front. And during the time it took them both to go out to the street, she could have caught a ride and disappeared. Seems like one person should have kept watching while the other person went out to the street, or something.

Gibbs' kind-hearted feelings toward the girl didn't ring true for me since we saw nothing of the father or his interactions with either of them in the past. It just seemed like a plot device. And him kissing Kasey on the cheek was a bit off-putting as well.

Not a bad episode, but nothing like the good old days.

• Love 2

Why would the Admiral keep incriminating photos of himself?  Ever? and would his wife not have total access to the safe and its contents?  

Turning over a motor pool vehicle in that condition is unacceptable.  I have refused vehicles that lacked spare tires, and that where unsuitable (didn't have enough seats).  Reeks..... wouldn't leave the lot and probably get the smart a$$ fired who didn't clean it.

• Love 4

What I kept wondering about, is that it seemed like government resources were being expended for personal reasons.  Angie was caught, served time, and never gave up her accomplice.  Does NCIS get this involved in all cases where an accomplice isn't caught?  Yes it ended up being more involved than that, but that wasn't known at the start.  I imagine there are lots of cases where there is more bad guy activity behind it, but I don't think NCIS expends such a huge time/resource investment on them.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

What I kept wondering about, is that it seemed like government resources were being expended for personal reasons.  Angie was caught, served time, and never gave up her accomplice.  Does NCIS get this involved in all cases where an accomplice isn't caught?  Yes it ended up being more involved than that, but that wasn't known at the start.  I imagine there are lots of cases where there is more bad guy activity behind it, but I don't think NCIS expends such a huge time/resource investment on them.

I thought it was because the money was still out there and they wanted to recover it.  However, seeing as how the victim didn't care (for obvious reasons) it still doesn't make a lot of sense.

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 7:55 PM, enoughcats said:

Why would the Admiral keep incriminating photos of himself?  Ever? and would his wife not have total access to the safe and its contents? 

The only thing I can think of is that they were only there short-term while the admiral was waiting for his wife to go out the next day and he could burn them, or otherwise dispose of them. And, he got robbed the same night.