Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E12: A Duggar Leaves the Home

I swore I wasn't going to watch this, as I have always muted the TV when she is on, but i couldn't find the remote, so I was stuck.

Awful, awful, awful. The only plus? Grandma Mary got out of the Tinker Toy Dreamhouse for a couple weeks- run grandma! Run!!!

• Love 1

Did I hear Grandma Mary say she could take 2 weeks off??? Off from what - laundry duty?? She should have told Amy she could spend as much time in Nashville as Amy needed!

Really!   The way JimBoob treats Mary and his general disdain while his father was dying, makes me think he's holding something over them for some reason...

• Love 2

I could swear Amy recorded tracks and had a music website under "Amy Jordyn" a long time ago.  If she still had a public facebook I'd check that for you.  It also just seems so unlikely to me that someone as fundie-traditional as Deanna wouldn't give her kid her father's last name even if they weren't together.  (Yes, it's also odd that she'd get pregnant out of wedlock, but...we all know how these people like to pick and choose what they follow.) 

Edit: internet wayback machine to the rescue!

http://web.archive.org/web/20070324044908/http://www.amyjordyn.com/

I think she genuinely thought her "natural talent" coupled with the Duggar name (and Jesus on her side) would be enough to get her a deal with the first studio she tried. 

She's an odd looking girl.  I rarely watch the Duggars but I knew I saw her a couple/few years back on their show as the jean wearing cousin and totally thought they were using each other for ratings.

I don't blame her for following her dream.  I don't see her putting in the real effort that it takes.  Her voice is OK.  She is OK looking.  So she has to work hard to get anywhere.  That's just how it goes.

Famy appears to have a new boyfriend. I am not sure about the rules about linking social media, so I'll just direct everyone to her Instagram. I got nosy and looked at his page; it's plastered with pics of her, including one of her in a defrauding bikini (posted on a weekday when most people are at work).

Amy's mom didn't marry the dad until more recently. It seemed like Amy used his last name until the Duggar name could help with her career. Deanna probably used Duggar until she married him and maybe still does.

Does Amy have a regular job? If so, she needs to hang on to it...

On this episode it showed her saying goodbye to the family she nannies for. I definitely think she should stick with nannying. 

Nannying? That's an insult to real, property trained nannies who live with and stay with a family to give the children in the family consistant, professional care. Sorry, IMO, Amy is a babysitter, like any junior high or high school kid does for extra money. She is a woman of 28...Grow up, Amy.

• Love 1

I think Deanna Duggar used to work in a doctor's office, though I have no idea if it was as a receptionist, office manager, billing clerk. etc. 

Has Amy ever had any other job besides working as a babysitter/nanny?

They have never, to my knowledge, said that Amy worked at anything else but babysitting. That is something for schoolkids to do. Amy has consequently wasted the last 10 years of her life hanging around and appearing on her uncle's show. She is an immature, silly woman who acts like a teenager. She seriously needs some talking to about her life's work and her age...she's 28!!

• Love 1

Maybe she just really likes kids? I was a nanny to a lovely family for several years until their boys went to school. I was 26 when I started the job. I didn't live in, as they didn't require it. They just didn't want to put their kids in daycare, preferred for them to be in their own home. They didn't want a "schoolkid" because they tend to be flighty. They wanted someone who was going to be committed for as long as they needed a nanny. I did pre-school type work with them, took them to museums and the zoo and classes. I don't know that there needs to be an age limit on being a nanny. That family seemed to adore her, and that's what matters. Taking care of someone's children all day long is no minor thing, and if that's how Amy wants to make a living, I won't judge her for that. 

• Love 4

Wow.  That was terrible.  Amy would not make it past Hollywood round on American Idol, much less to Nashville stardom.  If she does, it will be on name recognition alone, and not her voice.  I did not hear anything noteworthy or special about her performance.  It sounded so timid and flat and out of tune.  

• Love 2

Grandma Mary got out of the Tinker Toy Dreamhouse for a couple weeks- run grandma! Run!!!

Wonder who was put on laundry duty. Johannah and Jenny probably already have jurisdictions. My guess is Jordyn-Grace, the forgotten female howler. Because after all, she's, what, 5 or so by now? Plenty old enough to be doing 8 loads of wash a day. :)

• Love 2

It's funny/alarming to look back and realize that when Jinger was Jackson's age, she was already taking care of a large portion of the household.  Meanwhile, Jackson is barely expected to tie his own shoes.  Hell, compare Jinger in the first special to Jackson as he is now in general - there's been a steady pattern of dumbening (if I may borrow that "word" from Lisa Simpson) in this family. 

• Love 1