Type keyword(s) to search

The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value

• Start Topic

The article reads like it was

On 8/11/2024 at 8:11 PM, oakville said:

It reads like it was written by AI, but maybe just a bad writer.   It also sounds like gossip rag fluff.

But for the sake of conversation let's give it the benefit of the doubt.  Unless Mika can be content with a divorce settlement, she should carefully consider her next move.  We all know who's the engine on that show, and who's the freight.   And she's not talented enough that other media outlets will be clamoring for her.   We won't be seeing her on The View anytime soon.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, millennium said:

And she's not talented enough that other media outlets will be clamoring for her.

Could you picture her doing anything else?  I can see her hosting puff pieces on Sunday Morning with Charles Kuralt (or whatever it's called now) once a month.  If she left KYV, I'd imagine that... whatever it is... would flourish and become a productive not for profit women's advocacy group.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, Lowcountry snark said:

Could you picture her doing anything else?  I can see her hosting puff pieces on Sunday Morning with Charles Kuralt (or whatever it's called now) once a month.  If she left KYV, I'd imagine that... whatever it is... would flourish and become a productive not for profit women's advocacy group.

I can't even imagine her doing that. I picture getting a gig on QVC 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, Lowcountry snark said:

Chris Licht tried to recruit Mika & Joe for the CBS Morning News but the network rejected Mika. They wanted another female co-host for Joe. Joe declined and stayed with MSNBC. Mika auditioned for the Today show against Savannah Guthrie but tested poorly with female audiences. Savannah got the job.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
(edited)

Joe, just to clarify, Hillary Clinton won the popular vote. 

And considering how you kissed Trump's ass from Day One, maybe other parts of the media are responsible for glossing over Trump's "issues", and enabling him to become President. 

You were gloating because of your utter dislike of Hillary Clinton, mostly due to the fact she wouldn't come on your show because of your ass kissing of Trump. 

Let's go back in time and wait for NYE 2016 when the guy you were so enamored of wouldn't let you in his party and made fun of your wife. 

Edited by SeanBug
(edited)
1 hour ago, tres bien said:

Yeah. Pretty funny when he started praising Barak Obama of 2008 this morning 

Joe is so typical of entitled white men. I can do what I want and you better NEVER call me on my bullshit. 

Apparently he still doesn't realize the cameras are on and recording everything he has said.  He might want to hire one of those computer geeks in the basement, who he so loves making fun of.  They could explain how technology works and that it's fine to say what you want, but don't deny you said it. Or claim people who point it out are losers. 

We have the receipts.

Edited by SeanBug
1 hour ago, SeanBug said:

Joe, just to clarify, Hillary Clinton won the popular vote. 

And considering how you kissed Trump's ass from Day One, maybe other parts of the media are responsible for glossing over Trump's "issues", and enabling him to become President. 

You were gloating because of your utter dislike of Hillary Clinton, mostly due to the fact she wouldn't come on your show because of your ass kissing of Trump. 

Let's go back in time and wait for NYE 2016 when the guy you were so enamored of wouldn't let you in his party and made fun of your wife. 

I remember when Mika complained that she would have to travel for an interview with Hillary on the campaign trail. Mika said Hillary should fly into NYC & meet with her on set. Mika was very busy in 2016 trying to build her Know Your Value brand, so she believed that it would make more sense for Hillary to meet with her. Mika reminded Hillary that it would be good for her campaign to appear on a prestigious cable show.

Joe admitted that he had gone to Mar A Largo on NYE to get a meeting with Trump so they could have him on the show before the inauguration. Trump asked for Mika to accompany Joe, but she was recovering from some plastic surgery. Mika reluctantly attended the event.

Joe was criticized by several journalists for attending the NYE event. Joe got very angry on twitter and called them out for attending social events with Clinton.

2 hours ago, tres bien said:

Yeah. Pretty funny when he started praising Barak Obama of 2008 this morning 

During the 2008 primaries, Joe was furious at Obama for thinking he could run for President after only serving 2 years in the Senate. He called Hillary Clinton his girlfriend and was happy when she beat Obama in Indiana & other mid-west states. Joe called Obama an Ivy League elitist.

• Sad 1
59 minutes ago, oakville said:

I remember when Mika complained that she would have to travel for an interview with Hillary on the campaign trail. Mika said Hillary should fly into NYC & meet with her on set. Mika was very busy in 2016 trying to build her Know Your Value brand, so she believed that it would make more sense for Hillary to meet with her. Mika reminded Hillary that it would be good for her campaign to appear on a prestigious cable show.

Joe admitted that he had gone to Mar A Largo on NYE to get a meeting with Trump so they could have him on the show before the inauguration. Trump asked for Mika to accompany Joe, but she was recovering from some plastic surgery. Mika reluctantly attended the event.

Joe was criticized by several journalists for attending the NYE event. Joe got very angry on twitter and called them out for attending social events with Clinton.

During the 2008 primaries, Joe was furious at Obama for thinking he could run for President after only serving 2 years in the Senate. He called Hillary Clinton his girlfriend and was happy when she beat Obama in Indiana & other mid-west states. Joe called Obama an Ivy League elitist.

Fun fact, Joe.

Guess who won Indiana in the 2008 General Election.  

Joe, you tried to crash a party at Mar a Lago and Trump had realized he didn't need you anymore, wouldn't let you in. Loser much? 

If Obama was an Ivy League elitist, what did he think Hillary was? She went to Wellesley and Yale.  

His insane jealousy and ego would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.  "You're an Ivy League elitist!!  Oh by the way, wanna come over and hang out? Will you be my friend?  Can I say I called you and advised you on policy?" 

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, SeanBug said:

Fun fact, Joe.

Guess who won Indiana in the 2008 General Election.  

Joe, you tried to crash a party at Mar a Lago and Trump had realized he didn't need you anymore, wouldn't let you in. Loser much? 

If Obama was an Ivy League elitist, what did he think Hillary was? She went to Wellesley and Yale.  

His insane jealousy and ego would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.  "You're an Ivy League elitist!!  Oh by the way, wanna come over and hang out? Will you be my friend?  Can I say I called you and advised you on policy?" 

Joe reminds viewers regularly that Alabama has a better football team than all Ivy League colleges.

Joe said it was a fluke that Obama won Indiana in 2008. He said it was due to the heavy turnout of African American voters.

Joe admitted that Obama would be more popular with African American voters than Hillary Clinton. Clinton was married to Bill who some pundits at the time called the first Black President.

3 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe reminds viewers regularly that Alabama has a better football team than all Ivy League colleges.

Joe said it was a fluke that Obama won Indiana in 2008. He said it was due to the heavy turnout of African American voters.

Joe admitted that Obama would be more popular with African American voters than Hillary Clinton. Clinton was married to Bill who some pundits at the time called the first Black President.

If African American votes had that much sway in Indiana, Joe, we'd have a Democratic governor and Democratic majority in the state legislature. Marion County and up in NW Indiana is where the largest AA populations are. Marion County is Indianapolis where we have a Dem Mayor, City Council and Congressman.  But, why should facts matter when Blowhard Scarborough is running his mouth? 

Obama won Indiana because he didn't write off red states. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, SeanBug said:

If African American votes had that much sway in Indiana, Joe, we'd have a Democratic governor and Democratic majority in the state legislature. Marion County and up in NW Indiana is where the largest AA populations are. Marion County is Indianapolis where we have a Dem Mayor, City Council and Congressman.  But, why should facts matter when Blowhard Scarborough is running his mouth? 

Obama won Indiana because he didn't write off red states. 

Joe told viewers that the Jackson family grew up in Gary Indiana. Joe liked the Jackson 5 when he was growing up & bought the Thriller album when he was in college. Joe believed there were many African Americans in Indiana.

Joe knew that Obama's popularity in 2008 would spill over from Illinois to Indiana.

Joe said many people in Indiana watch TV stations from Illinois, so they were aware of Senator Obama.

• LOL 1
35 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe told viewers that the Jackson family grew up in Gary Indiana. Joe liked the Jackson 5 when he was growing up & bought the Thriller album when he was in college. Joe believed there were many African Americans in Indiana.

Joe knew that Obama's popularity in 2008 would spill over from Illinois to Indiana.

Joe said many people in Indiana watch TV stations from Illinois, so they were aware of Senator Obama.

Yes and the fact that Barack Obama visited the Indianapolis NBC affiliate while he was campaigning,  and did an interview for Meet the Press there, and one of the cameramen had his picture taken with Senator Obama, and that photo is in a frame sitting on my bookshelf because I'm friends with said cameraman, has a great deal to do with Senator Obama winning Indiana. I was able to tell all the African Americans in the state about this photo. 

And the only tv station "from Illinois" that anyone in Indiana watched was WGN, which I don't believe airs nationally anymore (I don't have cable so I don't know for sure) and all they aired were syndicated tv shows and Bulls games. 

(Oakville I know you're kidding). 

• Like 2