Type keyword(s) to search

The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value

• Start Topic

(edited)

So. It turns out that Mika's defense of Biden indeed was intended to provide cover for Halperin's upcoming apology tour. There is no way she didn't have advance knowledge of that. Here's hoping they don't play favorites because every friend of the show deserves to know that all will be forgiven and forgotten should they happen to rub their erect members on co-workers without an invitation. 

That noise my neighbors heard this morning was my head exploding. 

Thank goodness Mika is protected from similar intrusions. I hope no one tries to goose her on the dance floor at the Cutting Room - because she has Value, and she Knows it. 

Edited by suomi
  • Love 4

They gave both an on ramp back to society to Halperin and an off ramp to Gillibrand on the Al Franken issue as I believe it has negatively impacted her fundraising.  Like I said, they do have their favorites.

As for who groped her inappropriately, this started after the Mar-a-lago fiasco and he sent out that tweet about her face bleeding.  Joe went nuts and wanted Andy Lack to bring in Seal Team Six to avenge his beloved's reputation and kept yapping about having text messages.  Well I would guess those text messages go both ways, lawyers got involved and cooler heads prevailed.

When Meeks was having her moment this morning, you could hear Joe in the background saying no no no we;re not going there and she stopped.

Someday there's gonna be a fabulous book written about all this . . . 🙂

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

When Meeks was having her moment this morning, you could hear Joe in the background saying no no no we;re not going there and she stopped.

Good lord what a mess this morning must have been. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, teddysmom said:

Good lord what a mess this morning must have been. 

It wasn't quite as bad as the drunk one but it was a mess.  Joe was just completely out of control until Meeks locked him in a closet or something.  One of their weirder efforts.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Chloesmom said:

They gave both an on ramp back to society to Halperin and an off ramp to Gillibrand on the Al Franken issue as I believe it has negatively impacted her fundraising.  Like I said, they do have their favorites.

Grrr, this. 

As for who groped her inappropriately, this started after the Mar-a-lago fiasco and he sent out that tweet about her face bleeding.  Joe went nuts and wanted Andy Lack to bring in Seal Team Six to avenge his beloved's reputation and kept yapping about having text messages.  Well I would guess those text messages go both ways, lawyers got involved and cooler heads prevailed.

I remember that they showed up last-minute on two successive nights around New Year's and weren't appropriately welcomed and weren't gracious about it and the face lift tweet happened because 45 wanted to remind them who was in charge there. So - after that is when they let 45 know that they had "stuff" they could tell and then, perhaps, legal wrangling ensued?

Why do I always have to pee at the wrong time? Three TVs aren't enough - I need one in the bathroom.

Someday there's gonna be a fabulous book written about all this . . . 🙂

I would pay full, pre-release price for that one.

• Love 1

What was Mika talking about  when she asked whether she should talk about somebody hugging her inappropriately? She seemed to be talking about Trump during a visit to the show. Joe stopped her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, suomi said:

So - after that is when they let 45 know that they had "stuff" they could tell and then, perhaps, legal wrangling ensued?

Yep it was after whatever happened there and then Joe started intimating/hinting that they "knew things" and they had texts to prove it.  It looked like it was going to blow until I assume the lawyers stepped in and told them all to knock it off.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, madfortv said:

What was Mika talking about  when she asked whether she should talk about somebody hugging her inappropriately? She seemed to be talking about Trump during a visit to the show. Joe stopped her.

Yep that's what I was saying.  Based on the way she was speaking directly into the camera (as they do when they want to get his attention) I am assuming that's what was going on and that's why Joe reeled her back in.  Again, that was one weird show today.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, madfortv said:

I thought they were talking about Trump.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, oakville said:

I thought they were talking about Trump.

It only became inappropriate when they got in their little cat fight over her face lift and the Mar A Lago visit.  I can't even remember why this became such a fight. Did they bad mouth him and then he did the bloody face tweet and then Joe lost his shit and threatened him?  

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

It only became inappropriate when they got in their little cat fight over her face lift and the Mar A Lago visit.  I can't even remember why this became such a fight. Did they bad mouth him and then he did the bloody face tweet and then Joe lost his shit and threatened him?  

Mika & Joe were happy with Trump during the transition. Joe provided several recommendations to Trump for his cabinet. Richard Haas & Harold Ford Jr were Joe's top picks. Mika got have a meeting at Trump Tower with Ivanka. Trump picked one of Mika's female friends, Dinah Powell  for a role in his administration.

Mika & Joe went to Mar A Largo on NYE to get a date for an exclusive interview. It didn't work out.

Joe was furious that Maggie Haberman got photos of Mika & Joe at the party. Joe got into several arguments on twitter about his attendance at NYE.

Joe offered to have his band play  music during the inauguration. Trump refused.

Mika & Joe went to White House for lunch after the inauguration. Joe told Trump to stop complaining about crowd sizes & get rid of Stephen Miller. Trump got mad at Joe.

Joe got mad that Trump refused to take his advice on numerous occasions. Trump did not realize that Joe has  the best political mind in America. 🙂

Joe frequently complained that Obama did not take his advice when he was inaugurated.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

The way I remember it was there was a fight over who invited who and for what purpose/reason (allegedly an interview?).  There must have been a dust up and then the insults started flying and quickly escalated into our current hiss fest.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika & Joe were happy with Trump during the transition. Joe provided several recommendations to Trump for his cabinet. Richard Haas & Harold Ford Jr were Joe's top picks. Mika got have a meeting at Trump Tower with Ivanka. Trump picked one of Mika's female friends, Dinah Powell  for a role in his administration.

Mika & Joe went to Mar A Largo on NYE to get a date for an exclusive interview. It didn't work out.

Joe was furious that Maggie Haberman got photos of Mika & Joe at the party. Joe got into several arguments on twitter about his attendance at NYE.

Joe offered to have his band play  music during the inauguration. Trump refused.

Mika & Joe went to White House for lunch after the inauguration. Joe told Trump to stop complaining about crowd sizes & get rid of Stephen Miller. Trump got mad at Joe.

Joe got mad that Trump refused to take his advice on numerous occasions. Trump did not realize that Joe has  the best political mind in America. 🙂

Joe frequently complained that Obama did not take his advice when he was inaugurated.

HEE this!  ^^^^^^^

Excellent job/memory Oakville!

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, oakville said:

I would like to respond to this but I have to go find some rags and clean up the mess from my head exploding.  I have to say I'm surprised considering the 3rd rate talent the Trumps got for the parties and parades, etc.  I would have thought Joe would fit right in with that bunch . 

So they were just doing everything short of giving Trump lap dances to ingratiate themselves into his Administration. 

And now we know why they blast him non stop. 

I can not even imagine the eye rolling that went on at the White House if President Obama ever got wind of Joe's idiot advice. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I would like to respond to this but I have to go find some rags and clean up the mess from my head exploding.  I have to say I'm surprised considering the 3rd rate talent the Trumps got for the parties and parades, etc.  I would have thought Joe would fit right in with that bunch . 

So they were just doing everything short of giving Trump lap dances to ingratiate themselves into his Administration. 

And now we know why they blast him non stop. 

I can not even imagine the eye rolling that went on at the White House if President Obama ever got wind of Joe's idiot advice. 

Hee you can borrow some of mine.  I just pulled them out of the dryer from the clean up I had after hearing what a genius Halperin is.  Barf.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Hee you can borrow some of mine.  I just pulled them out of the dryer from the clean up I had after hearing what a genius Halperin is.  Barf.

Joe was in awe of  Halperin  for saying that Bernie Sanders is under rated & could lock up the nomination by March 1. The show does not need Halperin's "hot takes" anymore.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe was in awe of  Halperin  for saying that Bernie Sanders is under rated & could lock up the nomination by March 1. The show does not need Halperin's "hot takes" anymore.

Well Halperin on his listening and learning tour needs to understand that Bernie has his base but I would bet some folks aren't as enchanted with him especially now that he is very reluctant to release his taxes which is a red flag for many folks.  I will give the man his due, he's got an outstanding base/organization but I am not sure he's going to get any crossover traffic from the Democrats or Republicans and there are some terrific folks that will be on the debate stage.  We'll see.

51 minutes ago, oakville said:

Bernie Sanders is under rated & could lock up the nomination by March 1

Halperin might want to advise Bernie to stop stalling on releasing his tax returns.   It's starting to draw attention from the press. 

The time frame is tight, it was a short honeymoon. The election was November 8, holiday pajamas MJ was December 23, the blowup was initiated on NYE, Trump initiated a separation well before the inaugural on January 20. 

Joe said he went alone to M-A-L on December 30, claiming that 45 asked why he came without Mika. If that part is true, perhaps her fillers hadn't sufficiently settled or she was still icing her neck. Vanity Fair reported that Mika told Melania on NYE that she'd had the skin on her neck tightened. Vanity Fair reported that Joe said 45 was impressed enough to ask for the name of her doctor. That was the "face lift" he tweeted about. 

According to 45 they had expected comped accommodations and were miffed at not getting them. Perhaps that explains 45's version that they showed up on three separate nights. After Maggie Haberman spotted them on NYE their story was that they were finalizing the details for an exclusive interview, which evidently takes more than three visits.

Joe thinks the telling detail is that they weren't formally dressed. The only public photo is a head shot so who knows how dressed down they were. Joe said they got mixed up with party goers while trying to follow directions from the Secret Service, yet the photo clearly shows them standing with and talking to 45. They had no plans for NYE and were desperate enough to show up at M-A-L during what anyone knows is the time for a big bash to be underway?

And you know Maggie hasn't regretted taking that photo because that's how it all unraveled. I'm guessing she was never a friend of the show? LOL

I'm enjoying this new-to-me morsel that Joe wanted his  band to perform at an inaugural function. It never ends with these two. There is some truth in all of their lies. Barnicle's plagiarism and Brian Williams' "embellishment" pale in comparison. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, suomi said:

The time frame is tight, it was a short honeymoon. The election was November 8, holiday pajamas MJ was December 23, the blowup was initiated on NYE, Trump initiated a separation well before the inaugural on January 20. 

Joe said he went alone to M-A-L on December 30, claiming that 45 asked why he came without Mika. If that part is true, perhaps her fillers hadn't sufficiently settled or she was still icing her neck. Vanity Fair reported that Mika told Melania on NYE that she'd had the skin on her neck tightened. Vanity Fair reported that Joe said 45 was impressed enough to ask for the name of her doctor. That was the "face lift" he tweeted about. 

According to 45 they had expected comped accommodations and were miffed at not getting them. Perhaps that explains 45's version that they showed up on three separate nights. After Maggie Haberman spotted them on NYE their story was that they were finalizing the details for an exclusive interview, which evidently takes more than three visits.

Joe thinks the telling detail is that they weren't formally dressed. The only public photo is a head shot so who knows how dressed down they were. Joe said they got mixed up with party goers while trying to follow directions from the Secret Service, yet the photo clearly shows them standing with and talking to 45. They had no plans for NYE and were desperate enough to show up at M-A-L during what anyone knows is the time for a big bash to be underway?

And you know Maggie hasn't regretted taking that photo because that's how it all unraveled. I'm guessing she was never a friend of the show? LOL

I'm enjoying this new-to-me morsel that Joe wanted his  band to perform at an inaugural function. It never ends with these two. There is some truth in all of their lies. Barnicle's plagiarism and Brian Williams' "embellishment" pale in comparison. 

Good job !  I think that having Joe's band perform at the inauguration would be a conflict of interest for MSNBC.

• Useful 1
(edited)
42 minutes ago, oakville said:

Good job !  I think that having Joe's band perform at the inauguration would be a conflict of interest for MSNBC.

Hadn't considered that. Also, re my pet theory, he would have to think long and hard about standing for election because the Equal-Time Rule mandates that radio and TV stations must provide all official opposing candidates with equal air time, for the same price. Documentaries and some interviews and discussing a news event on a newscast don't count. (Like a mayor or governor talking about an earthquake or a tornado, etc). 

MJ definitely would count, from the moment he announced his candidacy. He would need to make the jump when his contract expires or, who knows, perhaps his contract is written that way and he could leave without penalty under that circumstance. 

Can we even imagine his campaign being covered by MSNBC and CNN, warts and all? Let's throw that out to Universe!

Edited by suomi
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, suomi said:

Hadn't considered that. Also, re my pet theory, he would have to think long and hard about standing for election because the Equal-Time Rule mandates that radio and TV stations must provide all official opposing candidates with equal air time, for the same price. Documentaries and some interviews and discussing a news event on a newscast don't count. (Like a mayor or governor talking about an earthquake or a tornado, etc). 

MJ definitely would count, from the moment he announced his candidacy. He would need to make the jump when his contract expires or, who knows, perhaps his contract is written that way and he could leave without penalty under that circumstance. 

Can we even imagine his campaign being covered by MSNBC and CNN, warts and all? Let's throw that out to Universe!

IF Joe ever did decide to run for office, he would need to end his TV show right away, and I'm sure that is what he would do. Of course, there would be a gray area about what to do during the period that he would be considering it, but before he announced.

• Love 1

I'm not saying Mika's right or wrong but I'm really getting sick of people piling on Joe Biden. So if Mika's going to be the one to stand up against the detractors, fine by me.

On 4/6/2019 at 2:50 PM, Chloesmom said:

From the DM today, provides a little more context around Meeks' inappropriate hug comment and also a great picture of the glare:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6892247/Mika-Brzezinski-blasts-Trump-past-unbelievably-inappropriate-hug.html

• Love 1

If Joe is writing a book, I cannot imagine the flagrant sales pitches on the show.  If they are that bad about Joe's band, his Post editorials and such....they will be relentless about pushing a book.  And then Meeka's shameless shilling of KYV.

Someone upthread mentioned that they have signed new contracts; which may explain why they are just off the charts lately.  The terms of the contract must be lucrative and give them lots of room to basically do whatever they want.  Show up, not show up, plug everything in their lives except the network and their show.  Meeka being large and in charge when Joe is not there; condescending to a few of the regulars (Heileman for one).  And the network now shows promos from MJ on the evening shows.

I can't really fault Joe and Meeka; the network gives them free reign and thinks (probably correctly) that they bring in viewers with the shenanigans and outside projects. It hasn't occurred to the network that just about any bright anchors who are knowledgeable and have a sense of humor could more than likely bring in the same ratings.  There is really no competition at that hour; CNN is on life support and Fox is always going to be Fox.

And as a last gripe...I got sick of Meeka and her Biden outrage.  I like him, too; but this is not about Biden.  It is about Meeka flogging it to death. We got it the first time from her; and didn't mind the second and maybe third time.  But she was determined to just mine it to death.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I can't really fault Joe and Meeka; the network gives them free reign and thinks (probably correctly) that they bring in viewers with the shenanigans and outside projects.

I so agree Kemper.  Now that they have that contract extension in their back pocket they have become even more insufferable if that's possible and have amped up their antics.

• Love 3

Definition of class: (for the benefit of JoMika)  Rachel Maddow's "Bag Man" podcast is nominated for a Peabody.  Chris Hayes mentioned it last night during the toss to Rachel. 

Rachel thanked Chris, and then said "I wasn't going to bring that up at all, it's very exciting, haha, let's never speak of it again". 

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Rachel thanked Chris, and then said "I wasn't going to bring that up at all, it's very exciting, haha, let's never speak of it again". 

If she wins, I'm sure he'll bring it up again.

Mika might win a Razzie, if she's lucky.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Mika-crush Michael Avenatti indicted on 36 federal felony counts of wire fraud, tax fraud, bank fraud, bankruptcy fraud. His crimes include allegedly defrauding a paraplegic client. 

Set your Friday morning alarms for awkward:30. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, suomi said:

Mika-crush Michael Avenatti indicted on 36 federal felony counts of wire fraud, tax fraud, bank fraud, bankruptcy fraud. His crimes include allegedly defrauding a paraplegic client. 

Set your Friday morning alarms for awkward:30. 

Yikes!. I wonder if Mika will be off tomorrow for a previously scheduled family reason.

• LOL 1

Over on the show thread, @merriebreeze posted this quote.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/morning-blow-how-joe-and-mika-became-trumps-lapdogs-90992/

"Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski should be herded into a rocket and shot into space for their brown-nosing of Trump"

One of the things that annoys me about Joe is how he tries to position himself as the last honest (kind of) Republican. And how he is leading the conservative resistance to Trump.

In reality, there were scores of Republicans who came out against Trump during the election. When it actually might have made a difference. That's one reason why Trump's campaign was filled with so many corrupt figures. Because a lot of top talent had publicly stated that they would not work with him.

Meanwhile, Joe was regularly having friendly chats with Trump on the show and he and Mika even went to a party at Mar Lago after the election. He was very late to join the critics. (And who knows how much of if was because Trump insulted Mika's appearance?)

• Love 8
1 hour ago, xaxat said:

Meanwhile, Joe was regularly having friendly chats with Trump on the show and he and Mika even went to a party at Mar Lago after the election. He was very late to join the critics. (And who knows how much of if was because Trump insulted Mika's appearance?)

Joe did consider serving as Trump's VP.

Mika & Joe were actively involved in advising Trump during the transition period. Joe recommended that two of the show's panelists , Richard Haas & Harold Ford Jr join Trump's cabinet. Both choices were rejected by Trump. Furthermore, Joe offered to have his band perform during the inauguration balls. Trump rejected that as well. Trump did accept Mika's suggestion that Dinah Powell serve in the administration.

Joe warned Trump that he would be doomed if he did not listen to his advice.

• Love 5

@oakville ! Bringing the knowledge once again!

When are you going to write the definitive history of the show?

If you look at Ford Jr.'s appearances on the show as a job interview, it does explain why he stopped making appearances after the election. 

• Love 1

Ford's complete disappearance has never been satisfactorily explained. It was initially reported that Morgan Stanley fired him for inappropriate sexual behavior. After a short period that aspect was denied but in December 2017 MSNBC announced that he was no longer welcome. 

June 7, 2018

The circumstances surrounding Ford’s ouster from Morgan Stanley remain somewhat murky, but in early 2016 he was on the losing end of a C-suite power struggle at the firm. With his mentor sidelined, Ford’s standing inside Morgan was increasingly weakened and he faced some internal management issues. In late 2017 reporters began asking Morgan about a nearly four-year-old incident involving a female journalist who said Ford acted inappropriately with her at a dinner.

Ford immediately threatened a lawsuit against Morgan Stanley for wrongful termination and defamation and also sought compensation for what he was owed. He also demanded a statement from the firm that denied any alleged sexual misconduct was the cause of his ouster.

Morgan conducted an internal investigation of the alleged incident. After weeks of negotiations between the firm and Ford’s lawyers, Morgan issued a public statement designed to correct the record. In it Morgan said, “The press has reported that Mr. Ford was terminated for sexual misconduct. He was not. We have not received any internal allegations of sexual harassment or misconduct involving him either before or after his separation became public. As previously stated his separation was based on corporate policy.”

In a previously unreported part of a settlement, people with knowledge of the matter say Morgan also agreed to pay Ford a chunk of money that reflected at least part of his 2016 compensation. In an interview, a Morgan Stanley spokesman would not deny the payment. 

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/fmr-rep-harold-ford-jr-former-congressman-banker-poised-for-return-to-finance

If it was management issues and not related to inappropriate advances followed up by pressure to proceed further it seems odd that he is no longer on camera somewhere, especially on MJ where he appeared almost daily for a long period of time. 

Edited by suomi
  • Love 3

The NY Times' Kate Kelly and Andrew Ross Sorkin have the backstory on last month's firing of Harold Ford Jr, the former congressman and "Morning Joe" regular, by Morgan Stanley for inappropriate conduct:

"Even though the harassment charge was never corroborated, they said, the bank found evidence that Mr. Ford had misled executives about some of his behavior, which itself constituted cause to remove him."

"And they say Mr. Ford already had received a final written warning about abuse of his expense account and other conduct."

https://www.axios.com/the-backstory-on-harold-ford-jrs-exit-1515760871-098cb33a-ab5f-4f88-a2d4-ff1c82a17275.html

• Love 2
17 hours ago, xaxat said:

(And who knows how much of if was because Trump insulted Mika's appearance?)

Considering Joe's ego that was more about "how dare you suggest I date a woman who needs a face lift". 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Sweet Jesus..what is that?  Joe as a cowboy; and is he doing a tour?  Is that what the dates represent?  If so, that is actually kind of clever.  Joe wearing a stetson and carrying a gun.

If only they would put that much effort into their show.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Sweet Jesus..what is that?  Joe as a cowboy; and is he doing a tour?  Is that what the dates represent?  If so, that is actually kind of clever.  Joe wearing a stetson and carrying a gun.

If only they would put that much effort into their show.

They're flagellating promoting the song called Austin Texas on his 2016 best-selling EP - by the man who, I shit you not, misspelled Gram Parsons.

Joe Scarborough, who also apparently hosts a basic cable show of some kind, has been playing in bands since he was 14 years old. “Austin Texas,” the song embedded on his SXSW page, has hokey lyrics and is about two minutes too long, but is otherwise basically fine. (It’s definitely better than his song about 9/11.) Let’s take a closer look at that biography, however:

Joe Scarborough has been a teacher, football coach, congressman, lawyer, news host, best-selling author and just about everything else he’s dreamed of doing. But the Morning Joe host’s first love has always been music. The composer of over 400 songs and a musical, Joe has spent the past year recording his latest songs with styles that echo Beck, Graham Parsons & His Idols, The Beatles. But 30 years and hundreds of songs later, the sound is distinctly “Joe.”

I’m having a little bit of trouble parsing the part I’ve bolded. First of all, “Graham Parsons” is not a musician, but rather an assistant professor in the philosophy department at West Point. Scarborough may have meant Gram Parsons. Second of all, we have “Graham Parsons & The His Idols, The Beatles,” which I can only assume happened because this thing was dictated into Siri. (Joe Scarborough & His Idols would make a pretty cool Link Wray-style band name, though.)

If you’re wondering whether perhaps the errors are on SXSW’s end, not Scarborough’s, notice that they also appear in the above image macro, which was taken directly from his personal website. If you’re going to write a ridiculous, self-fellating bio, at least get your ridiculous, self-fellating bio right.

https://gawker.com/joe-scarborough-plays-in-a-band-loves-graham-parsons-1762484655

Edited by suomi
  • LOL 2