Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Jenna is joined at the hip with Sydney so if they were going to make her group assistant now was the year. I think she is really young still. I think they choose group leaders on power, intelligence and technique

I agree Jenna is still a little young for group leader, but I do think she could be a candidate down the road.  She's an excellent performer--made SG her rookie year--and seems very responsible, team-oriented, and mature.  I don't think her closeness to Sydney would have been a good reason to make her a second this year.  They appear to be besties, but Jenna does have other close friends on the team.  

As far as the vet vs candidate label for returning cheerleaders in TC, it's true that returning girls are eligible for being cut (obviously) and no one officially makes the team til end of summer, but I have heard Kelli and Judy repeatedly refer to the girls in blue as "vets" when talking to the camera and the cheerleaders.  I get the distinction, but I find "vet" and "rookie" to be a useful and quick way to distinguish between newbies and, well, veterans of the team.

• Love 1
(edited)

Hmmm...  I do not know about the power and technique part. There has been rookies who have complain about Sydney leading with the wrong moves. Cassie's technique and power were lacking at times. Plus the way her and Ally went after Taylor was not showing intelligence. I remembered reading on Kelli's twitter page about her looking at possible leaders after looking at the list of girls re-auditioning for the next season. I also think it has do with who was like by Kelli and Judy.

Jenna should not be made an asst. leader because she is good friends with Sydney. There are four year and three year vet candidates who are just as good as Jenna, or in some cases better, who should have a shot at being an asst. leader.

Yes the girls in blue are vets, but Jennifer K. is a one year vet, and she is trying out for her second year. She is not a second year vet until the team is officially announced by Kelli and Judy.

Edited by bigskygirl

I think Jenna will get there eventually. Mia was 18 when she made the team and eventually made GL.

I agree that who J/K like plays a role in who is chosen for GL.

I do think dance ability is a strong factor. Seems that the girls who make SG early on have a better chance.

Just curious, what other girls aside from Olivia ever said anything about Sydney being on the wrong counts? That was a conversation that happened between one girl and K&J two seasons ago and it still gets brought up constantly. I'm not saying Sydney is the best thing that has ever happened to the DCC, but I also don't think she's a bad dancer, and as much as K&J care about precision, I doubt they would let anyone be a group leader who is wrong in their counts most of the time. Everyone makes mistakes. I'm sure even Olivia (who was also a wonderful dancer, probably one of the best as of recent) made mistakes.

(edited)

Kali, who was cut last year, and a few other rookies has said Sydney was off. A few other girls said the same thing about other group leaders. Olivia, in my opinion, is a better dancer and performer than Sydney. She was called out for correcting her dancing and not following the mistakes of a five year vet. I have seen videos of all or some of the vets performing, and some of them were off on their dancing. I think some of the girls make group leaders because they are willing to kiss up to Kelli and Judy and live and breathe being a DCC 24/7.

Edited by bigskygirl
(edited)

I agree that Olivia was a better dancer than Sydney, but I also don't think being a group leader is about being the best dancer on the team all the time. And what you said about other vets kind of made my point completely. Other vets are off sometimes too. None of them are perfect all the time. So why does Sydney get picked on so much? Not to mention whether or not other girls have said things about her off camera doesn't necessarily mean much. The DCC is a large group of women. They're going to say things about one another. I dunno, I'll give it a rest. I just get tired of seeing her name over and over again.

On the subject of the group leaders, I think all of the girls chosen for 1st and 2nd leader are great DCCs and will do well. It is interesting that Jennifer K. was chosen as a one year vet, but I think everyone would agree that she is exceptional, so good for her. I was kind of surprised to see that Kelsey was not chosen as a 2nd as she seems like a favorite and appears to go on a lot of appearances, but then when I got to thinking about it she hasn't been in show group in the past as far as I can recalI. (Or was she her first year? I just can't seem to completely remember.) Not that you can't be a group leader without being a show group alum (e.g. Nicole Bulcher), but generally the group leaders have show group experience. I wonder if she will go for show group this year or if her career keeps her from doing that. She is not one of my favorites by any means, but K&J seem to like her a lot.

Edited by Oranaiche
(edited)

Amelia was an asst. leader last year, and she was in Show Group.

My problem is Olivia was called out for not following her leader who was making mistakes. Sydney was a five year vet at the time, and there were other rookies who said Sydney was making mistakes on the field. I also did not like the way Cassie and Ally (two group leaders) treated Taylor over an alleged rumor. The leaders should be role models and be at the top of their game. If a rookie outshines a group leader who has been with the team for five years, something is wrong. Cassie and Judy were whining about the rumors about how and why Cassie made the team, but it was not right for her to attack a TC candidate.

Edited by bigskygirl

Amelia was or wasn't in show group? I know she did a trial at one point a couple seasons ago, but was she ever actually chosen to be in show group? I made the example of Nicole, who hasn't been in show group before and is now a group leader. So there are exceptions to every rule but it just seems like most of the leaders are show group members.

Everyone has made excellent points. However, I must chime in. I'm so proud of all the Group Leaders, however if I were Brittney, Katy or Veronica I would be a bit embarrassed. I was shocked that Brittney didn't get chosen, obviosuly being a favorite does not help in her situation. My thinking is that by the time you enter your fourth year you should be able to be a GL. Who chooses the GL's is it all K&J or does the team have a say?

Kelli stated on her twitter page she starts looking at possible leaders from the list of vets who are trying out again. I think she and Judy make the final decision. Melissa Kellerman was the only five year vet in season 7? who was not selected to be group leader or asst. leader. Rumors were floating around about the reasons why Tobie was not chosen to be a leader because of her party girl image. She did make show group.

It's also possible some girls just don't want to be leaders or assistant leaders due to jobs or just not wanting to do it period. Maybe Britney, Veronica, and Katy are happy just being on the team. Who knows. It's been said before, but Katy especially comes across shy and quiet, and being a leader means speaking up and telling your teammates what to do. I'm assuming K&J have one on one conversations with the girls periodically to discuss their desires while on the team, so certain girls might already be off limits when it's choosing time. But I'm just speculating really because I have zero inside info.

It seems like show group was chosen. If you look at Jasmine's instagram, she posted a pic from a performance at a baseball game and mentioned something about it being her and Danielle's first together. I know they've done events together so could it be show group? She also posted a picture of the full group of girls who went and it looks like last year's show group plus new people to replace the retired girls.

(edited)

Not everyone is cut out to be a group leader. I'm sure that it is a lot of work and some of the DCC might not want to have that responsibility.

Edited by nmvrn

I agree with others who point out that vets mess up, not just Sydney.  They are human, after all, no matter the crazy standards everyone holds for DCC.  A couple things about the rehearsal night that continues to get referenced about Sydney being off and Olivia not following her.  First, this was Sydney's first year as a group leader, so she was rehearsing in a new role and is allowed to mess up, as long as she makes the corrections necessary.  That is what rehearsal is for.  Second, Olivia got called out repeatedly throughout that rehearsal for mistakes, not just because she didn't follow Sydney one or two times.  Olivia kept missing her lines and placements, and also got called out in kick line.  I remember from that episode that Olivia was so off her game that night (hey, everyone's allowed a bad rehearsal, and like Sydney, she was in a new environment/role), that Judy actually growled and yelled, "Uggggh! OLIVIA!!!"  So, this was not all about Sydney.  Olivia had to get used to dancing with a team, following exact placements, and making unexpected adjustments on the fly.  Don't get me wrong:  I'm a big Olivia fan, too!

• Love 2

When did Kali comment about Sydney being off?

in the other forum there was a comment that olivia was told to follow sydney no matter what and sydney has been known to be off count. maybe that's why despite being a 7 year veteran she hasn't been close to being the point girl. 

there must be something about sydney that causes her to not be voted veteran of the year or to the pro bowl or its just that someone else deserves it more. i can see nicole bulcher being voted to the pro bowl and holly or another 4 year vet being veteran of the year over sydney. had mackenzie stayed she could've been both too. 

Some of last year's show group was out of state for Mackenzie's wedding (Brittany, Holly, Jennifer A.?) so Jasmine and Danielle could have been replacing them yesterday. Jasmine was called out in the last season 8 episode for her dancing, so her dancing would have to improve big time to make Show Group. Jasmine mentioning the first time together could have meant performing at a baseball game together for the first time.

Olivia is not the only rookie who had a problem following Sydney. Kalli (one year vet who just had a baby) and a few other rookies said something about it also. She was a five year vet and a Show Group girl, so she should know her stuff. Why let a girl be a group leader if she is too nervous about being out on the field with the group. I remember someone saying Sydney was not the only group leader who lead with the wrong steps. A certain former DCC whose name starts with C comes to mind.

(edited)

Realistically all of that is hearsay because it wasn't documented on the show if anyone else said anything. It's easy to say things about other people. I just have a hard time believing that K&J, being as obsessed by perfection and precision as they are, would allow someone to be a group leader for multiple years if they didn't do a good job overall. Sydney is clearly doing something right in their eyes, so who are we to judge? I'm going to leave it at that.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 2
(edited)

If I were one of the 4 year girls I would be livid that Jennifer K is 2nd lead , Jackie Bob said before that if you are the leader or 2nd your job is place everyone on the field or the touch down decks and identify every song for the rest of the group. Even thought Jen K is a good dancer I think that requires more experience than good dancing !

PS . I saw a pic of Loren who won the fan vote after the make over. They made her a burnette she looks like she aged 10 years they made her look worse

Edited by Rhondinella
format; capitalization, punctuation
  • Love 1

Do you have a link to the picture of Loren. I do agree some of the makeovers makes the girls look older. I chuckle when Kelli and Judy say they want a different unique looking team. The majority of the girls look to much alike with the same hair color, hair styles, and make up.

(edited)

Someone please chime in. I wonder if Angela has not been apart of show group because of her work visa status. Does anyone know how those work? Would it have prevented her from traveling outside of Texas (other than back home of course)? Angela is a great dancer IMO, right up there with Mackenzie.

Edited by DCCFAN71
(edited)

I wish they would update the show group picture on the DCC website. Why do they insist on keeping the old group picture that has Cassie on it?? Annoying!!

Lol, yeah, that picture is SO old. It's from 2011 which wasn't even Cassie's last season. Whoever decides when to update these things needs a swift kick in the ass.

I've always been curious about what happened with Olivia Stevanovski. She was my favorite rookie that year and I thought she'd be around for several years.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 2

Looks like something a high school drill team would perform.

In my opinion, Mackenzie was a much better dancer than Angela. Mackenzie had a good chance of being a squad leader, making Show Group again, and a shot at Pro Girl. Angela is fine, but she does not stand out and blends  in with the others. Angela was able to come back for more than one year, so I say her work vista did not prevent her from making Show Group.

(edited)

I thought Jacie, Samantha, Emma, Kinzie, and Jennifer K looked great in that video. It was hard to see everyone well. But I also agree that it was not an especially dynamic overall group performance, as far as DCC expectations of perfection go.  Lines looked a little jagged and some of the girls lacked a cohesive snap and pop. 

Edited by M1977G
(edited)

Do you have a link to the picture of Loren. I do agree some of the makeovers makes the girls look older. I chuckle when Kelli and Judy say they want a different unique looking team. The majority of the girls look to much alike with the same hair color, hair styles, and make up.

http://instagram.com/p/paAdSItSwj/

It's on megan the buccs girl instgram i only recognized because megan tagged her

Megan instagram made me sad that she got cut she moved from florida a couple of month ago , she took prep classes with kitty and britney evans and hip hop classes and worked out with jay and all that to get cut 3rd week kinda bummed me out

Someone please chime in. I wonder if Angela has not been apart of show group because of her work visa status. Does anyone know how those work? Would it have prevented her from traveling outside of Texas (other than back home of course)? Angela is a great dancer IMO, right up there with Mackenzie.

I think Maybe she's alternite in season 7 the episode where show group performed the feramont hotel she performed with them !

Edited by mmm
  • Love 1

I received my Star magazine today. Kristi Scales' article is all about the DCC tryouts. Some things that she mentions: 3 veterans were out danced and did not make it back, only 300 contestants tried out and lots more international candidates showed up for tryouts.

Does that mean that Hanna never made it to training camp? We know that Courtni (sp-?) and Morgan got cut at finals. Maybe Hanna did as well?

(edited)

I thought Jacie, Samantha, Emma, Kinzie, and Jennifer K looked great in that video. It was hard to see everyone well. But I also agree that it was not an especially dynamic overall group performance, as far as DCC expectations of perfection go.  Lines looked a little jagged and some of the girls lacked a cohesive snap and pop. 

I though they seemed really un-comfortable with the terf there i think it's different than a football feild

.Also does anyone know whose next to nicole and emma ?

I received my Star magazine today. Kristi Scales' article is all about the DCC tryouts. Some things that she mentions: 3 veterans were out danced and did not make it back, only 300 contestants tried out and lots more international candidates showed up for tryouts.

Does that mean that Hanna never made it to training camp? We know that Courtni (sp-?) and Morgan got cut at finals. Maybe Hanna did as well?

No , i think 3 are Alex hermes , Cornti and Morgan , right ?

Edited by mmm

I forgot about Alex. Sorry! And I love her! I hope she tries out again but history has shown that not many vets who try out again make it back.

really ? that's interesting !

this hannah thing is killing me , she tweeted a couple of days ago about a work out or something she was doing so it's not an injury , and its not weight gain she's super skinny i can't find a reason

Maybe, if it was I didn't see it. I know some people said it seemed liked the vets didn't like her during the segment where she performed with show group for the first time, but I didn't really see why people said that. Oh well, we will probably never know.

Vivian mentioned on her Facebook they were told to delete their Facebook "friends" that they do not know personally and make a separate account. Because she has so many friends and fans she asked Kelli and Judy if she could keep her original one and create a separate one which is private and they agreed to it.  If you want  the exact wording check out her Facebook  (Vivian Ralena Williams)  it's open to the public

Vivi is in the front row, 3rd from the left side. Hand on chin

so hard to tell, but it could be her...

I counted 37 girls :D

Does anyone know if there's a specific night that's usually a cut night....like every friday or something? or is it basically every night?