Type keyword(s) to search

Past Seasons Talk: The Tribe Has Spoken

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, enlightenedbum said:

Katie refusing to answer that question was possibly her best moment.  She could read a room, and knew she had lost. 

I agree. But I am on a island of one as a Katie fan so my opinion might not have much weight!

2 hours ago, KimberStormer said:

I actually think Jaclyn did a lot in that game, and here's an Island of One for you: I think SJDS had possibly the strongest F3 ever, and in a unique way where all three people at the end did a ton and were never really working together but sort of each got there under her own steam.  There have been other very strong F2/F3s but it was always, that I can remember, an alliance that worked together -- even Yul and Ozzy.  Missy for all intents and purposes ran the game up to the last few boots, Natalie played an amazing endgame and truly masterful jury management, and Jaclyn was the better half of the Jon/Jaclyn power couple (an actual power couple for once!) often knowing better than Jon what to do.  But, with Jaclyn, not only did the jury not see it, I don't think she even saw it herself, really.  She assumed along with everyone else that Jon was the driving force of the two of them.  I think they had a plan for Jaclyn to get voted out before the FTC, and for Jon to drop the no-kids bomb at FTC, and she didn't know what else to do so she stuck with that plan as best she could in the end.  But I wish she had seen herself as a strong player and talked herself up more as a strategic force.

(It seemed like Missy intended to take both herself and Baylor to the end, and I wish I understood how on earth she thought that was a good idea.  I doubt either of them could ever win, at least with that jury, but surely you want to concentrate whatever votes you are getting.)

This is my favorite post! 

1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

Vecepia has always been an underrated winner, but I still would have given the win to Neleh.  Of course she wasn't going to win with a Rotu majority jury, and it's always disappointed me she's never been brought back for another chance (actually I'd love to see Vee get another shot as well).  

+1

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

The idea of Rob/Amber returning in a Blood vs. Water season was broached in another topic, and by this point it'd be quite easy to have an all-star BvW season.  Were there any more "Survivor marriages" besides Rob/Amber, Whitney/Keith, Jamie/Erik and Kim Powers/Alex Bell?

I thought Jaclyn had outstanding instincts and people-reading skills, but was poor socially.  Jon was great socially, but kind of sucked in the other departments.  They played much of the season as a team, which advanced both their games.  If they could merge their abilities into one player, look out. 

• Love 2

So Micronesia and the all girls alliance. Would be great if it weren't for that Natalie chick. She annoys me with her "I am going to floss with his jugular".... she reveled in her 'evil' a little too much. Just saw Amanda's big blindside to get out Alexis. Hope Nat goes next. Hope Amanda and Cirie are F2 cause I hope one of them win. Parvati , not a fan of her style of seducing her way through.

OMG... Erik!!!! Wow, I cannot believe he fell for that. Beautiful. Great great season.

But why didn't Parvati look for the dang idol on exile island????? Lazy. I guess it didn't matter as she could only use it that one last TC.

Edited by Lamima

Re Amber and Rob... I don't see her playing again because once she won the Million, Rob wouldn't stop until he won a million too.  If she won a 2nd million before him...

Edited by DEL901
2 hours ago, Lamima said:

OMG... Erik!!!! Wow, I cannot believe he fell for that. Beautiful. Great great season.

But why didn't Parvati look for the dang idol on exile island????? Lazy. I guess it didn't matter as she could only use it that one last TC.

I can't remember if Parvati assumed it was already found, but I do remember she felt quite safe with her position in the game.  She hadn't been a target yet.  There was no way Natalie and Alexis were going to vote against her, and she was safe with Cirie and Amanda as well (Amanda had no choice, really). So she figured why bother, and worked on her tan.

49 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Rob wouldn't stop until he won a million too.

You know Rob already did finally win a season, right? 

Ah, never mind, I think I see what you meant!  

Edited by Guest

IIRC, she found it and knew she didn't need to use it so it was never edited into the show. 

Great season though I think Amanda should have won. Next up is 20- Heroes VS Villains. Need a break for rest of today though and will start tomorrow. Good timing for DH to get me a Roku for Christmas. Though I won't get anything done this winter (and I need to start readying our house to go on the market by de cluttering and some packing up).

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 1

Micronesia is one of my favourites - it's got so many great moments. One of my favourites - as Mean Girl as it is - is Parvati in the voting booth after Eric gives away immunity, just laughing so hard she can't vote. Nathalie was a little OTT but really interesting and I'd like to see her play again - watching the way Parvati dealt with her was fascinating. I don't love Parv as a person but she has a really good handle on that part of the game. I would have liked to see a Cirie/Parvati F2, just because I'd still kinda love to see what Cirie could do at FTC. 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, MissEwa said:

Micronesia is one of my favourites - it's got so many great moments. One of my favourites - as Mean Girl as it is - is Parvati in the voting booth after Eric gives away immunity, just laughing so hard she can't vote. Nathalie was a little OTT but really interesting and I'd like to see her play again - watching the way Parvati dealt with her was fascinating. I don't love Parv as a person but she has a really good handle on that part of the game. I would have liked to see a Cirie/Parvati F2, just because I'd still kinda love to see what Cirie could do at FTC. 

It was mean girl of her (actually, all of them were pretty mean to Erik), but he deserved it.  You are never that stupid to give up the one thing guaranteeing you safety in the game, especially when you know the woman have been waiting to pick you off.  I just got down watching Cook Islands, and while I still don't care much for Parvati during the season, she definitely emerged as one of my favorites during Micronesia.  I was disappointed she was asked back to begin with, but I doubt that season would have been anywhere near as good.

Two of my favorite moments were during the FTC: one was a scene that was shown, where Natalie was going on about how awesome Parvati was, and the look on Jeff's face as he was wondering if this was some kind of proposal or just admiration (I'm surprised Natalie didn't put 'call me' on the parchment when she wrote her name down).  The other wasn't shown, but I heard Ozzy (in his ranting to Parvati about betraying him) demanded she get up and do a dance to demonstrate what their friendship meant.  She didn't, but I would have liked to have seen that.  Of course they wouldn't show Ozzy stooping that low, but someone else they might have.

What else?  Oh, Ami's boot episode, when Erik went to Ozzy as a lifeline and told him Ami had been trying to get him out.  Then after Ozzy confronted Ami, she came over to the naïve and innocent Erik with that knife and thanked him for making her feel part of the group.  I think Erik might have been nervous that she was carrying something sharp after her just ratted her out.  Eliza's reaction to Ozzy being blindsided still ranks as one of the greatest of all time.  This season sure seemed to have a lot of injuries, too.  Besides the two medevacs (not counting Kathy since she just wanted to quit), we had Alexis hurting her foot, Chet cutting his foot (not to mention getting dragged around by Joel in that one IC), and Eliza taking a tumble in the first IC when the cart flipped over.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, LadyChatts said:

Oh, Ami's boot episode, when Erik went to Ozzy as a lifeline and told him Ami had been trying to get him out.  Then after Ozzy confronted Ami, she came over to the naïve and innocent Erik with that knife and thanked him for making her feel part of the group.  I think Erik might have been nervous that she was carrying something sharp after her just ratted her out.

Yes! I didn't remember who she did it to but Ami's 'hi, I'm so glad we're playing together, look at my GIANT KNIFE wink wink' thing was just great. Poor Erik. He was so excited to be playing with the big kids... 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

Well, if you watched Micronesia in 27 hours, you'll run out of seasons soon enough!  ; )

I have watched three seasons since Christmas day with a one week vacation in between. Not getting anything done.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

It was mean girl of her (actually, all of them were pretty mean to Erik), but he deserved it.  You are never that stupid to give up the one thing guaranteeing you safety in the game, especially when you know the woman have been waiting to pick you off.  I just got down watching Cook Islands, and while I still don't care much for Parvati during the season, she definitely emerged as one of my favorites during Micronesia.  I was disappointed she was asked back to begin with, but I doubt that season would have been anywhere near as good.

Two of my favorite moments were during the FTC: one was a scene that was shown, where Natalie was going on about how awesome Parvati was, and the look on Jeff's face as he was wondering if this was some kind of proposal or just admiration (I'm surprised Natalie didn't put 'call me' on the parchment when she wrote her name down).  The other wasn't shown, but I heard Ozzy (in his ranting to Parvati about betraying him) demanded she get up and do a dance to demonstrate what their friendship meant.  She didn't, but I would have liked to have seen that.  Of course they wouldn't show Ozzy stooping that low, but someone else they might have.

What else?  Oh, Ami's boot episode, when Erik went to Ozzy as a lifeline and told him Ami had been trying to get him out.  Then after Ozzy confronted Ami, she came over to the naïve and innocent Erik with that knife and thanked him for making her feel part of the group.  I think Erik might have been nervous that she was carrying something sharp after her just ratted her out.  Eliza's reaction to Ozzy being blindsided still ranks as one of the greatest of all time.  This season sure seemed to have a lot of injuries, too.  Besides the two medevacs (not counting Kathy since she just wanted to quit), we had Alexis hurting her foot, Chet cutting his foot (not to mention getting dragged around by Joel in that one IC), and Eliza taking a tumble in the first IC when the cart flipped over.

Don't forget the one reward where Ami and Amanda are showering topless with Ozzy and Erik watches, drooling, from the sidelines and Cirie's commentary during was awesome. I loved most of her commentary.  And then the other reward where Erik does those beatle nuts things, forget what they're called, and gets all giddy and silly and then throws up.

What was the deal with Jason? Why did they seem to dislike him so. I felt bad for him the most out of the three guys the black widows devoured.

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 1
Just now, Lamima said:

Don't forget the one reward where Ami and Amanda are showering topless with Ozzy and Erik watches, drooling, from the sidelines and Curie's commentary during was awesome. I loved most if her commentary.  And then the other reward where Erik does those beatle nuts things, forget what they're called, and gets all giddy and silly and then grows up.

What was the deal with Jason? Why did they seem to dislike him so. I felt bad for him the most out of the three guys the black widows devoured.

Oh I forgot about that reward!  Erik acted like a little boy.  He really was adorable to watch.

I never got why everyone disliked Jason, either.  Even after the show, I heard people ignored him at the reunion (of course this came from Kathy, who may have exaggerated how bad it was, since she really didn't like the guy).  It could be Jason was one of the few fans not star struck out there and was trying to play his own game.  Whereas Natalie and Alexis followed Parvati, and Erik would have sacrificed himself for Ozzy, Jason at least seemed to recognize sticking together, staying strong, and trying to get rid of the favorites (until he didn't have the numbers to do so).  He seemed well liked at Ponderosa. 

I did find it humorous that Jason/Mikey/Mary were aligned to get rid of Chet, but Joel had to take control and get rid of likely stronger members that challenged his leadership craze-and then he ended up being booted before the very guy that everyone had tried to get rid of early on. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Trick Question said:

The idea of Rob/Amber returning in a Blood vs. Water season was broached in another topic, and by this point it'd be quite easy to have an all-star BvW season.  Were there any more "Survivor marriages" besides Rob/Amber, Whitney/Keith, Jamie/Erik and Kim Powers/Alex Bell?

I believe it is just those 4 but here is one more happening soon. Parvati Shallow and John  Fincher recently got engaged.

Micronesia is definitely in my top two of my favorite seasons, the other being the Amazon.  I would love to see more footage of that FTC which allegedly ran about 4 hours. In addition to Parvati being asked to do an interpretative dance about her and Ozzy's friendship, Eliza apparently asked them both to name as many candidates as they could that were running for President that year (2008).  Parvati came up with two names, Amanda apparently couldn't think of one. lol

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Oh I forgot about that reward!  Erik acted like a little boy.  He really was adorable to watch.

I never got why everyone disliked Jason, either.  Even after the show, I heard people ignored him at the reunion (of course this came from Kathy, who may have exaggerated how bad it was, since she really didn't like the guy).  It could be Jason was one of the few fans not star struck out there and was trying to play his own game.  Whereas Natalie and Alexis followed Parvati, and Erik would have sacrificed himself for Ozzy, Jason at least seemed to recognize sticking together, staying strong, and trying to get rid of the favorites (until he didn't have the numbers to do so).  He seemed well liked at Ponderosa. 

I did find it humorous that Jason/Mikey/Mary were aligned to get rid of Chet, but Joel had to take control and get rid of likely stronger members that challenged his leadership craze-and then he ended up being booted before the very guy that everyone had tried to get rid of early on. 

And Erik made up the tribe name, Dabu.

The Chet and Joel stuff was funny too. I wonder how different the season would have been if they got rid of Chet first and kept Mary and Mikey longer, to win more challenges.

So did Ozzy hook up with fangirl, Alexis, while at Ponderosa? Did they do Ponderosa videos then?

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, MissEwa said:

Micronesia is one of my favourites - it's got so many great moments. One of my favourites - as Mean Girl as it is - is Parvati in the voting booth after Eric gives away immunity, just laughing so hard she can't vote.

1 hour ago, Lamima said:

My favorite Parvati Mean Girl moment!

tumblr_mo22mkLJPR1qcnzaso2_250.gif  tumblr_mo22mkLJPR1qcnzaso1_250.gif

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, Lamima said:

And Erik made up the tribe name, Dabu.

The Chet and Joel stuff was funny too. I wonder how different the season would have been if they got rid of Chet first and kept Mary and Mikey longer, to win more challenges.

So did Ozzy hook up with fangirl, Alexis, while at Ponderosa? Did they do Ponderosa videos then?

Micronesia was the first season to do Ponderosa.  The videos are all on Youtube.  They actually showed the final 2 showing up at Ponderosa (whereas now we never see the final 2/3 at Ponderosa) and they had one great big party before leaving the next day.  Amanda and Ozzy made out, and Erik had a little too much fun.  In terms of Ozzy/Alexis, I don't think they ever hooked up.  But so many random hook ups happen at Ponderosa it seems, who knows.

Edited by LadyChatts
1 hour ago, LanceM said:

I believe it is just those 4 but here is one more happening soon. Parvati Shallow and John  Fincher recently got engaged.

Wow, they'll have some beautiful babies.  Good for them.

1 hour ago, Lamima said:

Jason amused me.  I loved it when he beat Ozzy at a water challenge.  

6 hours ago, Lamima said:

What was the deal with Jason? Why did they seem to dislike him so.

Maybe because they thought he was as thick as a brick.  After all, he was the one fooled by Ozzy's stick.

It's been a while. Was Jason also the one that stepped down from a challenge because they "promised" to not vote him out, while they all sat there with their hands behind their back crossing their fingers? Because yeah, so thick. 

12 minutes ago, MissEwa said:

Was Jason also the one that stepped down from a challenge because they "promised" to not vote him out, while they all sat there with their hands behind their back crossing their fingers?

Yes he was.  And he only survived that additional bit of stupidity because Ozzy was a bigger threat.

I have an odd question. The ladies... their pits get all hairy but their down unders don't seem to. How does that happen? The girls walk around in bikini bottoms and seem to be pruned up. But they raise their arms and bam.

Edited by Lamima

I have an odd question. The ladies... their pits get all hairy but their down unders don't seem to. How does that happen? The girls walk around in bikini bottoms and seem to be pruned up. But they raise their arms and bam.

Laser hair removal prior to going on the show seems to be quite popular among some female players.

55 minutes ago, LanceM said:

Laser hair removal prior to going on the show seems to be quite popular among some female players.

SO they laser the nether region but not their pits? For example, on Micronesia Natalie showed her mom her hairy pits but her bikini area was tidy as far as I could tell.

Edited by Lamima

On Heroes VS Villains now and, man, I hate Russell. Stupid Jerri for voting out Rob. Dumb dumb dumb. Was not liking James this go 'round and was glad to see him go. Wasn't too into Tom his first go but liked him this time and was bummed to see him go. Love Colby... those eyes.

Edited by Lamima

SO they laser the nether region but not their pits? For example, on Micronesia Natalie showed her mom her hairy pits but her bikini area was tidy as far as I could tell.

I think some women just don't grow a lot of hair outside the panty lines down there.  Lucky.  

At the final 4. Blech. Not my fave season. Actually probably like Pearl Island more. Just could not stand Russell and watching him dominate. He deserves the win but, god, I hope it's not him. But hope it's not Pavarotti either and Jerri is a dud so I don't really want it to be her. And Sandra already won, once or twice and she never was that competitive in challenges. But I like Sandra most so...

Edited by Lamima
7 hours ago, Lamima said:

I seem to remember at one point pit hair was rare enough that it was a big deal - Cindy seemed to get a lot of hate for daring to raise her hairy-pitted arms back back in Guatemala. I don't remember Natalie commenting on it (haven't seen Micronesia in years), but Hannah did this season and it wasn't even a blip on the collective radar, which I appreciate. It still seems *relatively* rare, though, and I'd guess that many female contestants would get laser done wherever necessary before going on the show. As to the pit/bikini line discrepancy, Hannah wore those purple boylegs which I always thought were a good choice, but also yeah, I feel like while pit hair is more acceptable, any woman who went on national TV without sorting out her bikini line would still cop a LOT of grief for it. 

I also assumed they'd blur it anyway? 

I'm always more surprised by the men who get to day 39 without either a beard or chest hair, tbh. 

• Love 1

Started Redemption Island. Crap, Russell is back. And this Phillip guy... whoa!! Might not watch all the way to the end because I have 5 more seasons to go before 34 starts and/or when my 2 month free trial of CBS all access ends. When does 34 premier?

On January 6, 2017 at 6:47 PM, Lamima said:

Jason was a classic case of reaping what he'd sown, IMO. In the early days of the season, when he felt comfortably secure in the majority of young, fit people, he treated the "old" people like dirt. Then when things got mixed up and he was on the bottom, he was desperately scrambling and people treated him the way he'd been treating the underdogs on his original tribe. 

Also, he just seems like an annoying guy. His alliance with Eliza was basically formed on that, they were both irritating the hell out of everybody else. 

Was Jason also the one that stepped down from a challenge because they "promised" to not vote him out, while they all sat there with their hands behind their back crossing their fingers?

Yes he was.  And he only survived that additional bit of stupidity because Ozzy was a bigger threat.

Which I don't think he realized until the show aired. He was so reassured by what he thought was their admiration for his move (seriously, so unaware of tribe dynamics and the perception people had of him) that he gave them a second chance to blindside him, which they promptly did. 

His biggest contribution to that season was giving the black widows a golden opportunity to get Ozzy out in one clean shot with almost no worry of an idol bounce. Ozzy was too busy gloating and laughing at Jason's stupidity to think about the possibility of anyone coming for him. 

• Love 4

Watched a couple of Redemption Island and skipped towards the end a bit. May watch a couple at the end. It is boring. And Phillip is too much to stomach. Gah!!! I may have watched this season live because I remember Phillip.

Next I will watch a few episodes of One World.

RI was easier to watch week-to-week, I think. At least then you only had Phillip in small doses and maybe there was a bit more suspense about the eventual result.  

And +1 on the One World advice. Or else start at the beginning and FF everything the guys tribe does for for a while? 

Hard to imagine what's worse. Redemption Island had Burnett setting novices and a Section 64 (that's Section 8-squared) towards Rob, and Russell going out like a total punk. One World has the Boy Queen of Samoa and him wrecking everybody around him.

ETA: Has Bill ever been asked back? I'm thinking he would prove to be average, but he went out because Colton had to have his way, and the other guys were incapable of finding their dicks. And I'm thinking if the women's tribe had to go to Tribal like they should have, maybe they wouldn't have run the game in the end.

• Love 1

Started Redemption Island. Crap, Russell is back. And this Phillip guy... whoa!! Might not watch all the way to the end because I have 5 more seasons to go before 34 starts and/or when my 2 month free trial of CBS all access ends. When does 34 premier?

I'm guessing you have to be a paying subscriber for at least a month, but CBS All Access will offer you a free month to stay, when you do cancel.  So for like $6 you'd get 2 more months, I think.  

8 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

Jason was a classic case of reaping what he'd sown, IMO. In the early days of the season, when he felt comfortably secure in the majority of young, fit people, he treated the "old" people like dirt. Then when things got mixed up and he was on the bottom, he was desperately scrambling and people treated him the way he'd been treating the underdogs on his original tribe. 

Also, he just seems like an annoying guy. His alliance with Eliza was basically formed on that, they were both irritating the hell out of everybody else. 

By most accounts, he was - and probably still is - a douchebag.

Not only  did he take delight in kicking down the older ppl, but he would take the pond fronds off the top of the outcasts shelter and put them on the kool kids' shelter instead of looking for some himself. There was a little ledge in a rock formation (you saw it on the show) that provided cover for just one person when it was raining and he took ownership of that ledge and wouldnt let anyone else use it.

ETA: if you HAVE to watch One World, I would only watch about E2 to E6. Those were the only interesting epsidoes IMO. That post-merge is even worse than RI's.

Edited by thehepburn

Watched a little bits and pieces of stupid One World. BORING. Some of these seasons seem so contrived or scripted. I do, though, like the comp where they ask questions about tribemates and have to guess. If they get it right they chop a rope of any opponent and when all ropes get chopped their figurine catches on fire or breaks. The questions are like: who least deserves to still be in the game?

Watching Philippines now. May just watch a few. I think I watched this one live too.

• Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 6:24 PM, Winston9-DT3 said:

I'm guessing you have to be a paying subscriber for at least a month, but CBS All Access will offer you a free month to stay, when you do cancel.  So for like $6 you'd get 2 more months, I think.  

Good to know. Thanks.

AbiMaria....gah. Hated her on two seasons now. Finished Philippines. Wasn't bad.

Almost finished with Blood VS Water. It's kinda boring but was intriguing because it seemed a very different show with returnees plus their family members plus redemption island plus the II clues given in front of everyone... not your traditional Survivor. But not really liking any of these people. Plus the Tyson and Gervase domination is boring. On the episode where they are a final four and Tyson just won immunity. How can that guy go from making THE dumbest move in Survivor history (on his pervious season where he essentially voted himself out) to maybe winning this season???? I am guessing a bitter jury won't vote for him.

Next up...Cagayan. I see it's the Beauty vs Brains vs brawn...I think I watched this one unless there is a second one of this theme????.... the one with Tai

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Lamima said:

Next up...Cagayan. I see it's the Beauty vs Brains vs brawn...I think I watched this one unless there is a second one of this theme????.... the one with Tai

Tai was in the second BBB; he is not in Cagayan

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Lamima said:

AbiMaria....gah. Hated her on two seasons now. Finished Philippines. Wasn't bad.

Almost finished with Blood VS Water. It's kinda boring but was intriguing because it seemed a very different show with returnees plus their family members plus redemption island plus the II clues given in front of everyone... not your traditional Survivor. But not really liking any of these people. Plus the Tyson and Gervase domination is boring. On the episode where they are a final four and Tyson just won immunity. How can that guy go from making THE dumbest move in Survivor history (on his pervious season where he essentially voted himself out) to maybe winning this season???? I am guessing a bitter jury won't vote for him.

Yeah, Tyson sucks. I didn't mind him for most of BvW until the Tribal where Katie went home. His truly nasty colours couldn't be hidden by the editing there. 

You're my spirit animal for watching the seasons so quickly. You have my kinda stamina for binge watching!

• Love 1