Type keyword(s) to search

Clock Tower Theater: Fanfic, Fan Music Videos and Art

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

I was reading When Did I Become a Cliche on Ao3, and it made me want more extended family fics. Does anyone know of anyone fanfics that have Oliver's (or any other character's) extended family in them? I don't see them a lot, probably because OCs aren't most people's thing, but I'm a sucker for them. I prefer Oliver/Felicity, but I read genfic or any other pairing. 

4 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

I was reading When Did I Become a Cliche on Ao3, and it made me want more extended family fics. Does anyone know of anyone fanfics that have Oliver's (or any other character's) extended family in them? I don't see them a lot, probably because OCs aren't most people's thing, but I'm a sucker for them. I prefer Oliver/Felicity, but I read genfic or any other pairing. 

Have you read "Pieces of Always"?

It's got a tonne of stuff about Olicity's kids. It has a bit too many OCs in it for my liking but the authors write very well so if that's your jam you might like it! 

I am just looking through and was pretty horrified by the details of a fic you are talking about, thinking who the hell is Jules, then I realise it's the second part to a fic I couldn't get into.

i love fanfic, I read in several fandoms but one thing I can't stand is the troupe of the man who ubruptly realises the woman he wants was right there in front of him the whole time he was physically occupied with another woman, and hey that's convieniant because now he can just slide woman A out to slot in woman B. That fic did it with Sara and Felicity and I was just like, 'yeah nope'. 

On 28/12/2016 at 5:03 PM, statsgirl said:

This fic is much simpler than her previous Christmas one and just 10 chapters.  It's pretty much only Oliver and Felicity, with support characters Quentin and Donna, and a couple of scenes with Ray (her boss and in love with his fiance Anna).

i think thaa by the end, you'll find Oliver adores Felicity enough.

Oooh I finally read this! It was good!

Hehe you were right! There was enough adoration at the end :p

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

Ash818's Legacy series focuses on Oliver and Felicity's grown up son.  A Tempest in a Teacup by sbarmarj is a Bratva AU where Felicity's grandparents play a big role (it's unfinished and likely abandoned, but what's there is great). 

• Love 2

Thanks for the suggestions. I've read all of those, except for the legacy series, which I couldn't really get into. I was thinking more family in terms of aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. It's not very common in any fandom. 

The newest chapter of Pieces of Always focuses on Nate (so I passed on it) but the author's note caught my eye: 

This chapter takes place after the first (as yet unwritten) sequel. It still doesn't spoil anything for that, but it's worth keeping in mind. Enjoy!

Just how many sequels/fics are they planning for this story? And how can you write a chapter that takes place after a sequel you haven't even written yet. Especially when the chapter focuses on a teenaged character? 

10 minutes ago, HighHopes said:

The newest chapter of Pieces of Always focuses on Nate (so I passed on it) but the author's note caught my eye: 

Just how many sequels/fics are they planning for this story? And how can you write a chapter that takes place after a sequel you haven't even written yet. Especially when the chapter focuses on a teenaged character? 

I have a feeling this universe is going to go on for years and years. It feels like a threat not a promise.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I have a feeling this universe is going to go on for years and years. It feels like a threat not a promise.

If they've got multiple sequels in the works they won't even be finished by the time my kids* graduate high school.

*Please note that I, as of yet, have no children or any plans to get some. 

• Love 7

I tried to read that chapter but my eyes glazed over about a third of the way through. I just can't get to grips with fics about Olicity's teenage/grown-up kids. There's just no investment there, for me anyway. And the leaps back and forth in time from chapter to chapter don't work. I don't find it interesting or clever to mention things that they haven't even written yet. But YMMV and all that.

Edited by Guest
4 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I tried to read that chapter but my eyes glazed over about a third of the way through. I just can't get to grips with fics about Olicity's teenage/grown-up kids. There's just no investment there, for me anyway. And the leaps back and forth in time from chapter to chapter don't work. I don't find it interesting or clever to mention things that they haven't even written yet. But YMMV and all that.

I actually didn't find this chapter to be too offensive. I didn't even really mind Nate, and I felt just the tiniest scooch of pity for him. He seemed strangely self aware for a 16 year old boy at the end. 

But I agree that the time jumping doesn't work. It's just too random and confusing. Of course, I don't generally like that kind of thing in any fic. Starting to read a story that seems really interesting, and then realizing the author plans to spend chapters two through whatever on some lame 5/10 years ago/how did they get to this place backstory is one of my pet peeves. 

I've tried to read future progeny fics in pretty much every fandom I've ever been, and it's just not for me. I'm basically incapable of creating an attachment to this kind of original character -- even if they are related to the characters I love. I wanna read the characters I love instead.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, HighHopes said:

Just how many sequels/fics are they planning for this story?

I've gave up on reading this fic universe a while ago, but  I think there were at least 3 sequels planned - one each for Nate, Ellie and Jules (I kind of dread to think what they will plan on writing for the Jules fic).

5 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

I actually didn't find this chapter to be too offensive. I didn't even really mind Nate, and I felt just the tiniest scooch of pity for him. He seemed strangely self aware for a 16 year old boy at the end. 

But I agree that the time jumping doesn't work. It's just too random and confusing. Of course, I don't generally like that kind of thing in any fic. Starting to read a story that seems really interesting, and then realizing the author plans to spend chapters two through whatever on some lame 5/10 years ago/how did they get to this place backstory is one of my pet peeves. 

I don't find it offensive at all. It's just not my cup of tea. I'd rather read about Olicity with their baby or whatever. I try but grown-up kids and OC's just never work for me personally. Fanfic has to be about the couple I'm actually invested in. 

But yeah, the time jumps don't work. It also doesn't help that I gave up FiCoN after about 10 plus chapters. LOL.

Edited by Guest

LOL what. Why does that site keep posting crap about Felicity as BC? Literally no one wants it. They really must need the clicks. Yikes. 

2 minutes ago, way2interested said:

They tweeted (or retweeted) about it 3 times within 30 minutes. Mega Yikes.

Seriously? They posted about it yesterday too, or maybe the day before. IDK what they're trying to achieve but it's dumb. 

I actually wouldn't mind FS as the new BC.

1. EBR can act & would probably be awesome at the stunts

2. There is believable chemistry between SA & EBR, that could replicate the comic chemistry that is apparently legendary

3. It would put a smart, funny & talented female in the field kicking ass.

4. She would be an equal partner to GA that I could respect & actually want to see.

I understand I am the minority. And I understand & respect that FS's superpower is her brain. But I would really love to see her be more involved in the action. I'm not encouraging or saying that FS needs to become BC or a masked hero. I'm just saying personally I would not be opposed to it and I don't think it would be the worst thing to ever happen to her character.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 4

I could never buy Felicity as BC. While I believe that she could physically defend herself if she needed to I just don't see her running around fighting crime in a mask on the regular. 

Now if EBR had been cast as Sara Lance or Laurel instead of Felicity, I could buy that. 

• Love 4

I just checked out the responses to that art and yikes. Good luck, Tina. You're gonna need it.

Edited by Guest

I really wonder how some of these sites are going to react, especially after all the "should Felicity become the new BC" polls I'm seeing. 

9 minutes ago, Chaser said:

ComicBook actually commissioned the art. They paid money for this. Smh. How much do they need those clicks?

Wait, seriously? WOW. I really don't see the point in doing that. 

• Love 1

There's a fun little fic that just popped up: Question Mark Presents:  The Green Arrow.  It sets up an intriguing story, but what I absolutely love is how masterfully the writer captured the tone and style of a public radio segment--I could practically hear the Tegan and Sara bridge.  I don't usually rec something in the first chapter, but the writing was so excellent I have really high hopes:

http://archiveofourown.org/chapters/21060725?show_comments=true&view_full_work=false#comment_89890814

• Love 1
1 hour ago, kismet said:

I actually wouldn't mind FS as the new BC.

1. EBR can act & would probably be awesome at the stunts

2. There is believable chemistry between SA & EBR, that could replicate the comic chemistry that is apparently legendary

3. It would put a smart, funny & talented female in the field kicking ass.

4. She would be an equal partner to GA that I could respect & actually want to see.

I understand I am the minority. And I understand & respect that FS's superpower is her brain. But I would really love to see her be more involved in the action. I'm not encouraging or saying that FS needs to become BC or a masked hero. I'm just saying personally I would not be opposed to it and I don't think it would be the worst thing to ever happen to her character.

I love Felicity just as she is, but I wouldn't mind if she became a fighter (BC or not) for a an episode or two, for all the reasons you listed and because I'd get a kick out of how it'll make certain segments of fandom go crazy.

• Love 3

I was reading Wrap The Dark Around Me, post-season 4 Olicity fic, and I liked it a lot. Such a great post-s4 angst in this one! Mmm... This is kind of relationship I want to see for Olicity this season.

Even though I found the author's usage of Russian hilarious. Also for some reason they tend to describe Anatoly as a person who could anyone's grandfather, and at some point Felicity says how it grosses her out young women want sleep with such a grandfather... Even though David Nykl is 49-years-old, and Arrow Wiki claims Anatoly is ~40-years-old.

Just now, Midnight Lullaby said:

If they weren't so obsessed with having a BC on the show it would have been cool and the reactions potentially hilarious to have earth 2 Felicity be BC LOL

If they can't get a BC to work they might need to resort to this. 

• Love 2

Well, I'd have to see how well David could rock the fishnets.   But I'm not opposed to that idea. 

12 hours ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I think they'd rather put Diggle in fishnets than do this..they don't like fun ideas LOL

• Love 4
17 hours ago, pizza pizza said:

You know they could've used Emily's Tyler Shields photoshoot in a corset/fishnets and saved themselves some money lol

I remember there was some threatening to sue EBR for infringing some sort of copyright because she was wearing a BC-esque outfit LMAO Wild times. 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I remember there was some threatening to sue EBR for infringing some sort of copyright because she was wearing a BC-esque outfit LMAO Wild times. 

Some people are so extra.

I'm all for a E2 Felicity fighting Mask or Supervillain.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

They even found an article with evidence that he's copied other photographers work to prove that Emily's shoot was done with malicious intent lol. Imagine all the cash DC could make if they sued everyone that's ever worn that combo! 

• Love 1