Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, as I said, Carole said some nasty things but if we are talking just about that rental house party then we also have to factor in Aviva going from 1 person/group to the next, slamming Carole. Aviva kept smack talking Carole to everyone, then Ramona ran to tell Carole what Aviva was saying about her and advised her to confront her about it. So, Carole comes to the party to support Aviva only to find out that Aviva was trash talking her to everyone, which is what set it all off that night.

That part.

Carole showed up to a party where she thought she was supporting a friend (or at least a colleague who she wasn't fighting with), only to find out that at that very party, said friend was running around with "word on the street."

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Otherkate said:

Someone should let Carole know that it's a competition, I'm not sure she knows!

Carole has acted like she was in competition with the other women from her first second on screen, especially Luann who was nice to her and still is, even though Carole is still taking swipes at her like in the clip I posted about The Presidential Show. 

12 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I'm not saying Willow Bay didn't work for her career achievements, but she's married to Bob Iger. I can't imagine that didn't help her out. He was the president of ABC. He's now chairman and CEO of Disney and has hundreds of millions of dollars. Being a dean of a school is less about skill, talent, or professional expertise and more about fundraising and connections, which she demonstrated by launching the Julie Chen/Leslie Moonves and CBS Media Center in Wallis Annenberg Hall.

Um, kind of like being married to a Radziwill has helped Carole? Willow uses her maiden name professionally so she's not riding on the Iger name and no one would know unless they looked further. I doubt Willow's pretty face was the deciding factor in her ability to land a job on Moneyline and interview Buffet and Clinton  which is a far cry from puff pieces in Glamour.  Is being the director of a school of journalism just a fundraising job as well like being the dean?

I still can't find any videos of Carole reporting from well, anywhere. Her work for Jennings was in post production, I was able to find him reporting from Cambodia and her name listed with 24 others who worked on the story.  I have yet to find the actual stories (titles, dates and her part in the production) she worked on for her Emmy and Pulitzers. I found some puff piece she wrote about going to NASCAR where she talks about how a psychic told her to wear some ugly dress to find love. 

Carole acts like she is still relevant to journalism and she is not, not even a little.  She is now first and foremost a Real Housewife. She is not on the level of a Willow Bay but is on the level of a Cindy Barshop (every bit as boring but she has Andy to keep her on the show), Ramona Singer without the Pinot, Sonja Morgan (both she and Carole are the show's Norma Desmonds living in the past hoping someone cares). Carole is a Vicki Gunvalson without the cancer scam, a Kelly Dodd without the lunacy, Shannon without a bowl of lemons but she is one of them through and through. She is no better than they are but she is somehow perceived as above it all. No, she is down and dirty as the rest, just as bitchy and mean but cowardly (hiding in a closet while Bethenny does her dirty work), she's just a bit quieter about it and not a drunk. That's it.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Um, kind of like being married to a Radziwill has helped Carole? Willow uses her maiden name professionally so she's not riding on the Iger name and no one would know unless they looked further. I doubt Willow's pretty face was the deciding factor in her ability to land a job on Moneyline and interview Buffet and Clinton  which is a far cry from puff pieces in Glamour.  Is being the director of a school of journalism just a fundraising job as well like being the dean?

I still can't find any videos of Carole reporting from well, anywhere. Her work for Jennings was in post production, I was able to find him reporting from Cambodia and her name listed with 24 others who worked on the story.  I have yet to find the actual stories (titles, dates and her part in the production) she worked on for her Emmy and Pulitzers. I found some puff piece she wrote about going to NASCAR where she talks about how a psychic told her to wear some ugly dress to find love. 

Carole acts like she is still relevant to journalism and she is not, not even a little.  She is now first and foremost a Real Housewife. She is not on the level of a Willow Bay but is on the level of a Cindy Barshop (every bit as boring but she has Andy to keep her on the show), Ramona Singer without the Pinot, Sonja Morgan (both she and Carole are the show's Norma Desmonds living in the past hoping someone cares). Carole is a Vicki Gunvalson without the cancer scam, a Kelly Dodd without the lunacy, Shannon without a bowl of lemons but she is one of them through and through. She is no better than they are but she is somehow perceived as above it all. No, she is down and dirty as the rest, just as bitchy and mean but cowardly (hiding in a closet while Bethenny does her dirty work), she's just a bit quieter about it and not a drunk. That's it.

There is no comparison between being married to Anthony Radziwill and being married to Bob Iger. There just isn't. The Radziwill name is one to dine out on. It might get you invited to parties. It might get you introductions to Kennedy groupies like Scott. It might get you introductions to the right people, but let's not understate the impact that being married to a Bob Iger, Les Moonves, Sumner Redstone, or Rupert Murdoch makes on your life. Anthony and Carole were a lot like his dad. They had a name and some connections, but little cash or influence. Whereas by being married to someone like Bob Iger, Willow Bay had hundreds of millions of dollars and basically access to whomever she wanted by virtue of her money. It cannot be overstated because Willow's husband, Bob, runs a multi BILLION dollar corporation. If proximity to the Kennedy name was all that valuable, Carole wouldn't be peddling stories to tv psychics.

It's only because I had previously searched for info about Willow Bay that I know that she had previously been the director of the school of journalism. It was probably a position that required less fundraising than the dean, but it's not like fundraising and schmoozing was absent from the director position. My point, clearly articulated poorly, was that people get dean positions not because of their professional credentials and excellence, but because of their ability to connect the university or college to individuals and corporations with money. I didn't argue that Willow wasn't accomplished.

Why would there be footage of Carole reporting? As you said, her work was all post production. Paula Wagner has been producing films with Tom Cruise for almost 25 years. There aren't a fuckton of recorded interviews of her, but no one thinks the bitch wasn't busy just because no one from Entertainment Tonight sat down to interview her. Carole worked behind the scenes. There isn't going to be much if any footage of her doing her job like many other producers. One of the rare pieces of footage that we've seen of Andy during his time at CBS is him getting his hair cut for a makeover segment.

I actually think Carole should list the titles of stories for which she received her awards. It's funny that you say Carole isn't on Willow Bay's level. I had no idea who Willow was until you posted her name. I didn't know who Carole was until she joined this show. I didn't know who Anthony or Stash were either. However, I knew who Bob Iger was/is.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

There is no comparison between being married to Anthony Radziwill and being married to Bob Iger. There just isn't. The Radziwill name is one to dine out on. It might get you invited to parties. It might get you introductions to Kennedy groupies like Scott. It might get you introductions to the right people, but let's not understate the impact that being married to a Bob Iger, Les Moonves, Sumner Redstone, or Rupert Murdoch makes on your life. Anthony and Carole were a lot like his dad. They had a name and some connections, but little cash or influence. Whereas by being married to someone like Bob Iger, Willow Bay had hundreds of millions of dollars and basically access to whomever she wanted by virtue of her money. It cannot be overstated because Willow's husband, Bob, runs a multi BILLION dollar corporation. If proximity to the Kennedy name was all that valuable, Carole wouldn't be peddling stories to tv psychics.

It's only because I had previously searched for info about Willow Bay that I know that she had previously been the director of the school of journalism. It was probably a position that required less fundraising than the dean, but it's not like fundraising and schmoozing was absent from the director position. My point, clearly articulated poorly, was that people get dean positions not because of their professional credentials and excellence, but because of their ability to connect the university or college to individuals and corporations with money. I didn't argue that Willow wasn't accomplished.

Why would there be footage of Carole reporting? As you said, her work was all post production. Paula Wagner has been producing films with Tom Cruise for almost 25 years. There aren't a fuckton of recorded interviews of her, but no one thinks the bitch wasn't busy just because no one from Entertainment Tonight sat down to interview her. Carole worked behind the scenes. There isn't going to be much if any footage of her doing her job like many other producers. One of the rare pieces of footage that we've seen of Andy during his time at CBS is him getting his hair cut for a makeover segment.

I actually think Carole should list the titles of stories for which she received her awards. It's funny that you say Carole isn't on Willow Bay's level. I had no idea who Willow was until you posted her name. I didn't know who Carole was until she joined this show. I didn't know who Anthony or Stash were either. However, I knew who Bob Iger was/is.

Has Carole ever said she was an on-air reporter? Or are the goal posts being moved so as to continue saying that Carole did nothing in news?

I have a feeling that had Carole been an on-air reporter, that would be maligned, too, since, as OtherKate pointed out a page or so ago, oftentimes on-air reporters get dismissed as not being *actual* journalists. It's, like, the on-air talent had better not refer to him- or herself as a journalist; the news producers had better not refer to themselves as journalists; the story editors had better not refer to themselves as journalists. Who, in this world of broadcast journalism, gets to call themselves a journalist then?

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Why would there be footage of Carole reporting? As you said, her work was all post production.

From her wiki: in 1991, Radziwill was stationed in Iraq and reported on the SCUD missile attacks during the Gulf War.

I don't know if all of her work was post-production but the Jennings stuff was (according to her wiki)

Carole does have an impressive resume but she just over inflates herself to this ridiculous degree in her career and looks and I find it tedious and annoying. Although she is slightly less annoying this season, but it's still not over.  :P

I knew who Willow was from her famous Estee Lauder campaigns and did a double take when I was casually flipping channels and saw her on Bloomberg or Moneyline. I didn't think there could be two Willow Bays and was very impressed at how smart she is. Her interviews aren't Lunch Dates that's for sure.

• Love 2

But "reported on" doesn't mean she had to be an on-air personality - it doesn't even mean she had to have a byline. We're all used to bylines now but there was a time (I think before TV reporters became a real thing) when bylines were rarely used. The Economist (and I think a couple of others) still rarely use bylines because they want to encourage reporting collaboration and to push the brand itself instead of individuals. All this is inside baseball talk to say that many people are reporters and journalists who don't have their names attached front and center to a final product. Within the industry, no one would question their value. It takes a lot of people doing a lot of different things to report on the more massive and/or intricate stories. 

I agree that there's no comparison between an Anthony Radziwill and Bob freaking Iger. Willow definitely is accomplished and I've seen her on Twitter - she is smart and well-informed. More than one woman can be. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Ki-in said:

From her wiki: in 1991, Radziwill was stationed in Iraq and reported on the SCUD missile attacks during the Gulf War.

I don't know if all of her work was post-production but the Jennings stuff was (according to her wiki)

Carole does have an impressive resume but she just over inflates herself to this ridiculous degree in her career and looks and I find it tedious and annoying. Although she is slightly less annoying this season, but it's still not over.  :P

I knew who Willow was from her famous Estee Lauder campaigns and did a double take when I was casually flipping channels and saw her on Bloomberg or Moneyline. I didn't think there could be two Willow Bays and was very impressed at how smart she is. Her interviews aren't Lunch Dates that's for sure.

I guess I missed all the episodes where Carole inflated her resume. If I had won an Emmy or a Peabody, I would open every conversation with this nugget. How often has she bragged about it on the show? Ever? Does she belittle others when they get ridiculously mad about things like not having a great room in Mexico with reminders that she has seen people starving in Cambodia, or dying in Iraq? She is proud of the fact that she is a journalist. How is that different from Ramona believing she knew more than Sonja because of her business experience? Day in and day out, I haven't seen Carole doing anything to inflate her resume on this show. If anything, she has downplayed her credentials. 

1 hour ago, Mozelle said:

Who, in this world of broadcast journalism, gets to call themselves a journalist then?

Apparently Willow Bay. 

• Love 7

Who, in this world of broadcast journalism, gets to call themselves a journalist then?

31 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Apparently Willow Bay. 

LOL ;-)

35 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

Willow definitely is accomplished and I've seen her on Twitter - she is smart and well-informed. More than one woman can be. 

Especially when you compare hers vs journalist/author Carole, who can only call people names and not have an informative discussion so instead calls them dumbass then blocks them but wants to be taken seriously while posting pictures of her ass.

Carole may have worked hard but I feel that she had a lot more luck on her side than talent. JMO  And, imo, any prestige or credibility she might have had at one point went out the window when she signed on for the show. From award winning journalist to being on a show where drunken antics, cat fights, vaginal rejuvination and snatch guards abound...

• Love 5
4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

They had a name and some connections, but little cash or influence.

Back in the nineties, the Kennedy name still had major influence -- not just because the industry was peopled with /controlled by (mostly) men who remembered Dallas as the event that shaped a generation (news and otherwise)  but because there were several prominent Kennedys working in the media in some form. Caroline wrote a book about the first amendment that received a lot of media attention, Maria Shriver had become a major name by then (the weekend anchor at NBC nightly news) Rory Kennedy was making documentaries (several award-winning) and JFK JR launched George in 1995 -- Carole and Anthony were in a very sweet spot, connections/influence-wise.

The person I thought Carole was; someone who started as an unpaid intern, who worked her way up from that to production assistant to reporter to producer -- it's fine she worked only in post-production, but it's not the same career path. It's not working every part of the beast, which is what I thought she had done, and considered admirable. 

Also, Willow Bay made her bones before she married Iger (she was a weekend co-host on "Good Morning America") and if anything, post marriage, jumped to cable (CNN) instead of climbing at ABC/Disney, where Iger worked.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 3

Carole's bestie knew how to dress, though - every look Bessette wears here feels modern and fresh (except the animal print; that always says Edith Prickley to me, no matter the woman wearing it :) Her adult looks start with slide 5:

http://www.townandcountrymag.com/style/fashion-trends/news/g2679/carolyn-bessette-kennedy-pictures/

She (supposedly) gave Carole styling tips -- wish more of them had taken -- Radziwill could use less "adowable woman-child!" and more of Bessette's "casually sophisticated & glam as hell" style.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 4

Wait a minute now. Weren't we collectively raving over Linda Rodin and her quirky fashion just a month ago? I see Carole in that same vein with her sartorial choices, and I'm glad that she isn't on that, "Well, I'm in my 50s now, so I should probably dress like a lady who lunches" wave. 

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, film noire said:

Back in the nineties, the Kennedy name still had major influence -- not just because the industry was peopled with /controlled by (mostly) men who remembered Dallas as the event that shaped a generation (news and otherwise)  but because there were several prominent Kennedys working in the media in some form. Carole and Anthony were in a very sweet spot, connections/influence-wise.

I agree with that. I really was thinking about the comparison between Anthony and Bob Iger. But it is true that the Kennedy name still had a lot of cache, especially as it related to George, which was simultaneously a terrible idea for a magazine and before its time. In 1995, people barely understood email let alone dicked around on the Internet. No one was thinking about websites or blogs... --wait, a what? What was that word? Blog. Blawgh??? Blahg??? Blug??? Blegh??? How is it spelled? B. L. O. G. It's short for weblog. What the hell is a weblog? You know what, nevermind. Continue.

Anyway...No one was thinking about websites or blogs that basically did what John was trying to accomplish with George. He was trying to put together a prototype Huffington Post, Wonkette, Daily Kos, or Talking Points Memo before anyone considered exploring politics online. And because of his name, people did throw millions of dollars at him for George. So yes, the Kennedy name and association had more influence than I gave credit.

1 hour ago, film noire said:

The person I thought Carole was; someone who started as an unpaid intern, who worked her way up from that to production assistant to reporter to producer -- it's fine she worked only in post-production, but it's not the same career path. It's not working every part of the beast, which is what I thought she had done, and considered admirable. 

Also, Willow Bay made her bones before she married Iger (she was a weekend co-host on "Good Morning America") and if anything, post marriage, jumped to cable (CNN) instead of climbing at ABC/Disney, where Iger worked.

Did Carole imply that she had worked "every part of the beast" or were you assuming that she had? I don't recall her saying that. If she did, I could see how you might be disappointed.

I'd never heard of Willow Bay, but Bob Iger's name jumped out at me. My comment about how his name helped her was really more about her being appointed dean. Dean positions have a ton of schmoozing and fundraising. He runs a multi-billion dollar corporation. A university is stupid if they can't find a way to leverage that.

It's commendable that Willow moved to CNN to avoid the appearance of impropriety. Not everyone would do that, but first...

I like Carole's sense of style. Some things that she wears are hideous or perplexing (her shower curtain dress in Mexico), but she has far more hits than misses for me. As much as I loved Heather, she had so many misses --could not dress well at all. Aviva's style is a lot like Carolyn Bessette.

• Love 4

Wait a minute now. Weren't we collectively raving over Linda Rodin and her quirky fashion just a month ago? I see Carole in that same vein with her sartorial choices, and I'm glad that she isn't on that, "Well, I'm in my 50s now, so I should probably dress like a lady who lunches" wave. 

Plus who knows how Carole's friend Caroline would be dressing in her 50's.  I love Carole's clothes although I think some should have been bypassed as too juvenile.  

• Love 3

Weren't we collectively raving over Linda Rodin and her quirky fashion just a month ago? 

I don't think Linda Rodin and Carole Radziwill are anywhere near in the same league.

I'm glad that she isn't on that, "Well, I'm in my 50s now, so I should probably dress like a lady who lunches" wave. 

I said I wished Bessette had passed on more style tips to Radziwill --  if (in your world) Bessette is indicative of a lady who lunches, I'd love to eat where you're eating :)

And -- since this keeps coming up -- criticism of Radziwill's trying-too-hard-to-be quirky look (as opposed to genuinely quirky wardrobes, like Georgia O'Keeffe or Dietrich in the 30s, frex) doesn't mean anybody's saying she needs to dress like Barbara Bush in her First Lady portrait. 

1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

I agree with that. I really was thinking about the comparison between Anthony and Bob Iger. 

Sorry I misread -- got it -- yeah, Anthony wasn't Iger.

Did Carole imply that she had worked "every part of the beast" or were you assuming that she had? I don't recall her saying that. If she did, I could see how you might be disappointed.

She said she "reported" from the middle east, which to me means, she reported. :)

And it's partially annoying me b/c it's something I didn't bother checking up on (and I'm still not certain she didn't  report - it's hard to pin down -- which, WTF, for a news career, it should be easy to check the facts, dammit : )

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, film noire said:

I don't think Linda Rodin and Carole Radziwill are anywhere near in the same league.

I said I wished Bessette had passed on more style tips to Radziwill --  if (in your world) Bessette is indicative of a lady who lunches, I'd love to eat where you're eating :)

And -- since this keeps coming up -- criticism of Radziwill's trying-too-hard-to-be quirky look (as opposed to genuinely quirky wardrobes, like Georgia O'Keeffe or Dietrich in the 30s, frex) doesn't mean anybody's saying she needs to dress like Barbara Bush in her First Lady portrait. 

Sorry I misread -- got it -- yeah, Anthony wasn't Iger.

She said she "reported" from the middle east, which to me means, she reported. :)

And it's partially annoying me b/c it's something I didn't bother checking up on (and I'm still not certain she didn't  report - it's hard to pin down -- which, WTF, for a news career, it should be easy to check the facts, dammit : )

I didn't say that Bessette's style was lady who lunches, but her style suited her and I could see her, were she living today, dressing more like Jane Fonda as Grace in Grace & Frankie. Plus, for all we know, Carolyn could have passed on the greatest style (not-so-secret) tip there is to Carole: Dress for your body, and dress in what makes you feel good (or fun or flirty). And that seems to be exactly what Carole does.

I am also saying that there seems to be this idea that Carole is "trying too hard" when, in my estimation, she isn't--she is very much on the Linda Rodin wave, and it seems quite genuine to me. 

• Love 4
On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 10:12 AM, Ki-in said:

We forgot to add model in Carole's list of accomplishments, funny the only time she's brought that up was to try and impress some youngins Sonja brought around (Jordache? Never heard of those jeans , maybe you're pronouncing it wrong) Now that was entertainment!

This is a model woman with serious accomplishments, Willow Bay not only went to an Ivy League school but was beautiful enough to be the face of Estee Lauder for years, worked in journalism and is now the Dean of the USC Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism.  At one point I thought someone like her would be a welcome addition to HW's but Willow clearly has her shit together and would probably be embarrassed to admit to watching let alone ever be on such a silly show.

Since Carole stills feels she's relevant to journalism, maybe Carole should aspire to be more like her rather than taking random gummies, riding on handlebars and running around with a bunch of drunks she seems to loathe. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willow_Bay

Willow in her prime.  This is what brains and beauty look like

f3ef66a940c32ddb6e8d6c8740110164.jpg

Sorry, but how is Kristine here (her real name) at all relevant to Carole?  Besides, of course, the need to again point out Carole's lack of beauty.  Carole very clearly called herself a "fit model", not a fashion model, not a commercial model, etc.  It simply meant she had, and still has, a fab body.  Why the need for the stress on "brains and beauty"?  I can tell you right now that I'm an excellent nurse, and I consider myself quite attractive.  If someone were ever to use me as an example to a less attractive nurse, that she should aspire to brains and beauty, I would be outraged.  It also falls back on the belief that beauty makes you superior.  Beauty gives a person more value.  You are inherently superior because you won the genetic lottery.  It's BS.  Beauty does not make you intelligent, successful, or moral.  In fact, it often does the opposite.

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Sorry, but how is Kristine here (her real name) at all relevant to Carole?  Besides, of course, the need to again point out Carole's lack of beauty.  Carole very clearly called herself a "fit model", not a fashion model, not a commercial model, etc.  It simply meant she had, and still has, a fab body.  Why the need for the stress on "brains and beauty"?  I can tell you right now that I'm an excellent nurse, and I consider myself quite attractive.  If someone were ever to use me as an example to a less attractive nurse, that she should aspire to brains and beauty, I would be outraged.  It also falls back on the belief that beauty makes you superior.  Beauty gives a person more value.  You are inherently superior because you won the genetic lottery.  It's BS.  Beauty does not make you intelligent, successful, or moral.  In fact, it often does the opposite.

This, too. I also think that Carole's easy confidence in her self bothers some folks. She's not "classically" beautiful, but she thinks she looks great and she thinks she's got an awesome body. She's confident enough to still smile wide, to laugh big, even though she has an overbite. She's confident enough in her self to flirt with a man who was in his late 20s at the time. These things seem to annoy folks because they're like, "Well, EYE don't think you're cute; EYE don't think you're all that...what makes you think YOU'RE so great?"

• Love 11

My issue with Carole, is she has complained about Sonja living in the past being Mrs. Morgan, the calendar pages fly by just as fast for Carole who has not worked for ABC in over a decade.  So I do think she does live a little in the past with her broadcast journalism boasting.  She has moved on and written books and done soft ball interviews.  I don't think one can throw out allegations about name dropping from the past when they do the very same thing.  Sonja has her 200 year old Adams-Morgan napkins and faithful Sharpie to tune up worn out purses from her past life, Carole has he 50 year ratty couch.  I would be curious how Carole would react if Luann referred to herself as a sports journalist.  Granted Luann took more of the Corky Sherwood Forrest route than Carole's hard earned degrees but she was a sports journalist on a very popular Italian television show.  So when Carole drops her work at ABC when they dine at Joanne Trattoria she is essentially doing what she criticizes Sonja for doing. 

Of course I find a lot of what these women doing when they name drop or brag about their past lives interesting.  Bethenny was some sort of nanny for Paris and Nicky Hilton, Carole babysat Olivia Wilde (the daughter of her boss at ABC), Ramona once worked out and flirted with Fabian.  (Which one of these doesn't belong?)

• Love 4
4 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Carole very clearly called herself a "fit model", not a fashion model, not a commercial model, etc.  

She said on twitter she did showroom work ("I was a jordache jeans showroom model when they were cool in the 80s") which is not just fit modeling (checking the garment on a live body) but actually modeling for buyers, department stores, special clients, etc. She also said it paid for college, so she labeled herself not just a model,  but a lucrative one. So if we're accepting Radziwill calling herself a reporter, then model is also on that list -- it's not the same list as high end/editorial/runway, but it's modeling, not just having garments fitted onto you.

mahogany.jpg

"Ain't no showroom big enough. Now clear the damn runway."

Edited by film noire
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Mozelle said:

I am also saying that there seems to be this idea that Carole is "trying too hard" when, in my estimation, she isn't

A picture is worth a thousand words ;)

carole 3.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • Love 12
15 hours ago, film noire said:

I believe the same is true for Carole. She was reporting from Iraq in 1991, and didn't marry Anthony until 1994. 

12 hours ago, film noire said:

Yes, but it doesn't mean she was reporting on air. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, film noire said:

carole 3.jpg

You realize that someone could post the same about Linda Rodin, right? It truly is in the eye of the beholder. 

IMG_8217.PNG

IMG_8218.PNG

I find both Carole and Linda quirky with their fashion, and I like them both. 

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 10
15 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

You realize that someone could post the same about Linda Rodin, right? It truly is in the eye of the beholder. 

IMG_8217.PNG

IMG_8218.PNG

I find both Carole and Linda quirky with their fashion, and I like them both. 

While I agree with you that Carole has her own style and she can dress as she pleases, she does not have the sophistication nor the eyes of Rodin, Imo.

I love her confidence, however she simply does not dress well.

Bethany has a better sense of what works for her and would do well with a fashion line, Imo.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, film noire said:

14 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I'd never heard of Willow Bay, but Bob Iger's name jumped out at me. My comment about how his name helped her was really more about her being appointed dean. Dean positions have a ton of schmoozing and fundraising. He runs a multi-billion dollar corporation. A university is stupid if they can't find a way to leverage that.

It's commendable that Willow moved to CNN to avoid the appearance of impropriety. Not everyone would do that, but first...

I find it even more impressive that after marrying Iger, Willow chose to stay in a demanding profession instead of going the HW's route and becoming a lady who lunches. 

11 hours ago, Mozelle said:

This, too. I also think that Carole's easy confidence in her self bothers some folks. She's not "classically" beautiful, but she thinks she looks great and she thinks she's got an awesome body. She's confident enough to still smile wide, to laugh big, even though she has an overbite. She's confident enough in her self to flirt with a man who was in his late 20s at the time. These things seem to annoy folks because they're like, "Well, EYE don't think you're cute; EYE don't think you're all that...what makes you think YOU'RE so great?"

I do not think she has confidence that she wold like us to think she does or she wouldn't have begged Adam on camera when he was clearly busy and didn't want to talk to assure her she was pretty.  It was sad and pathetic and I was embarrassed for her.

12 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

All nurses are beautiful and amazing. 

8 hours ago, film noire said:

She said on twitter she did showroom work ("I was a jordache jeans showroom model when they were cool in the 80s") which is not just fit modeling (checking the garment on a live body) but actually modeling for buyers, department stores, special clients, etc. She also said it paid for college, so she labeled herself not just a model,  but a lucrative one. So if we're accepting Radziwill calling herself a reporter, then model is also on that list -- it's not the same list as high end/editorial/runway, but it's modeling, not just having garments fitted onto you.

Carole said it was HER ass on the billboards and in print at the lunch with Sonja and the boys who never heard of Jordache.  Then she began to change her story. As far as I have have been able to deduce it was the "Charlie" girl in the ads.  And I'm a little dubious as to her being a fit model or a showroom model because she is short and would have been about 13 when Jordache first debuted.

Carole , like all of the HW's is hit or miss with her fashions. Except last season when she was in her grouchy tween phase. 

I used Willow as a comparison because Carole claims to have a modeling background, is more educated, intelligent and accomplished than any of the other women but at the end of the day she is nothing more than a freaking Real Housewife! 

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

I used Willow as a comparison because Carole claims to have a modeling background, is more educated, intelligent and accomplished than any of the other women but at the end of the day she is nothing more than a freaking Real Housewife! 

I just don't get the model stuff. Has Carole gone on and on about once being a model and I just missed it? I don't think I have missed a show, and I only remember her talking about it one time. Has she gone on and on about being more educated than the others? Again, if so, I must have missed it. Like most people, and certainly the most of us around here, she snarks on others when they say something stupid, and there are a lot of stupid things said by these gals. 

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

she snarks on others when they say something stupid, and there are a lot of stupid things said by these gals. 

Yes, they all say stupid crap, all of them, including Carole, which we discuss/debate over and over again. LOL

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

While I agree with you that Carole has her own style and she can dress as she pleases, she does not have the sophistication nor the eyes of Rodin, Imo.

I love her confidence, however she simply does not dress well.

Bethany has a better sense of what works for her and would do well with a fashion line, Imo.

As I said, it's all in the eyes of the beholder. I think that Carole has an eye for what works for her. It may not be what anyone would choose for themselves, but that doesn't mean she's lacking in those areas.  

49 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

I do not think she has confidence that she wold like us to think she does or she wouldn't have begged Adam on camera when he was clearly busy and didn't want to talk to assure her she was pretty.  It was sad and pathetic and I was embarrassed for her.

And I think Carole has confidence in spades. *shrug* And gasp! that she asked (I don't recall her begging...) her boyfriend if she looked pretty while they were Skype-ing. Who knew that asking one's significant other if they thought they were looking good in a given moment was sad and embarrassing. 

20 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I just don't get the model stuff. Has Carole gone on and on about once being a model and I just missed it? I don't think I have missed a show, and I only remember her talking about it one time. Has she gone on and on about being more educated than the others? Again, if so, I must have missed it. Like most people, and certainly the most of us around here, she snarks on others when they say something stupid, and there are a lot of stupid things said by these gals. 

No, you haven't missed anything lol. Carole, two seasons ago, mentioned either to LuAnn's date or Sonja's date at Ramona's birthday shindig that she was once a fit model for Jordache. Then she quipped that the guys--in their early 20s--probably didn't know Jordache. Some have created a straw model career for Carole Radziwill for the express purpose of tearing it down. ;) And as for Carole going on about being more educated, that didn't happen either. What Carole did do was say that she was more informed than Ramona...and well, come on! 

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 10

Carole said it was her ass on the billboards and print ads.

The boys said they had never heard of Jordache and asked her if maybe she was pronouncing it wrong.

Adam was hanging up on her when she asked him. He clearly did not want to speak to her but she forced the compliment. Begging for a compliment completely negates it's value. IMO

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

No, you haven't missed anything lol. Carole, two seasons ago, mentioned either to LuAnn's date or Sonja's date at Ramona's birthday shindig that she was once a fit model for Jordache. Then she quipped that the guys--in their early 20s--probably didn't know Jordache. Some have created a straw model career for Carole Radziwill for the express purpose of tearing it down. ;) 

That is what I thought. I remember one mention of it on the show. My guess is that a lot of the folks who watch the show had completely forgotten she even said it. I had. 

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

As I said, it's all in the eyes of the beholder. I think that Carole has an eye for what works for her. It may not be what anyone would choose for themselves, but that doesn't mean she's lacking in those areas.  

And I think Carole has confidence in spades. *shrug* And gasp! that she asked (I don't recall her begging...) her boyfriend if she looked pretty while they were Skype-ing. Who knew that asking one's significant other if they thought they were looking good in a given moment was sad and embarrassing. 

No, you haven't missed anything lol. Carole, two seasons ago, mentioned either to LuAnn's date or Sonja's date at Ramona's birthday shindig that she was once a fit model for Jordache. Then she quipped that the guys--in their early 20s--probably didn't know Jordache. Some have created a straw model career for Carole Radziwill for the express purpose of tearing it down. ;) And as for Carole going on about being more educated, that didn't happen either. What Carole did do was say that she was more informed than Ramona...and well, come on! 

I also think Carole has a healthy self esteem. I also like her outfits. She dresses like a downtown NYC woman. In the one photo, I would just take off the blue fur jacket but I would wear the rest of the outfit. 

I also have to concur about the model and educated remarks being overblown.  It was that one time she mentioned being a fit model and her one remark about her education.  She doesn't even really bring up her career in journalism that much. She is much more of a living in the moment type of person than a living in the past. 

36 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

That is what I thought. I remember one mention of it on the show. My guess is that a lot of the folks who watch the show had completely forgotten she even said it. I had. 

Yeah, it really only got the one mention. It definitely wasn't a running theme throughout the series. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

She doesn't even really bring up her career in journalism that much.

Except in every episode in the beginning of the season. She even reminded her own mother she was not only a journalist but knew the Kennedy's too.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, LIMOM said:

Is there anyone who was not a model on this franchise?

what is the big deal anyways?

If Carole was on an ad, I am Cindy Crawford.

A models face isn't the most important factor in becoming a model, especially 20 - 30 years ago, it is their body size/shape more than anything. Also there are different types of models beyond the ones that make the cover of magazines. Catalog models, fit models and even runway models aren't necessary the best looking models (facially that is), so I have no problem believing that Carole was a "fit" model for jeans way back when small butts were in then. LOL

• Love 5
Just now, Ki-in said:

Height is a very important factor in all types of modeling except for Playboy/"glamour" modeling

Not really. Catalog models don't need to be tall, they like average height models as well as petite, tall and plus size models for catalog work. But, as a fit model, average height (5'5"- 5'6")  is preferred for the average size clothing item. Height is desirable in runway models and magazine models, tall and rail thin is the preferred look then/now and your face (beauty) doesn't matter as much except for ad/magazine print models.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Height is a very important factor in all types of modeling except for Playboy/"glamour" modeling

Carole is short 

Another example would be parts modeling. A hand model can be ugly as long as her fingers are long, slim and she has a perfect manicure. Shoe modeling just needs good feet and ankles. It doesn't have to be just sexual/vanity if height isn't necessary. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Ki-in said:

Except in every episode in the beginning of the season. She even reminded her own mother she was not only a journalist but knew the Kennedy's too.

Carole has had an interesting life and when she mentions what she has done in the past and who she knows from her glory years,   Yet, when someone else talks about their past Carole gets a little snooty.  Let's take the Princess title-not only was she never a princess for a variety of reasons including the fact that the Radziwill kingdom had not existed since before her husbands birth and her husband never acknowledged or used the title.  She can poo-poo Luann's title but it was valid and Luann seems to know the rules surrounding it.  That is what rubs me the wrong way about Carole.

I find it funny that Carole didn't say something becomes in the opinion of others they don't remember it.  Using that line of defense, Sonja would get an easy pass for her numerous name drops and situational fabulousness.  Another example when asked for some stupid game on WWHL she was asked how many times Luann used the word married on the show, Carole responded something along the lines of 2,000, I forget what Tinsley's response was but the correct answer is over two seasons Luann said it 15 times.  So through the magic of television and the use of GIFs and soundbites many of us may feel like it was a word Luann used in every sentence in every scene for the past 20 plus episodes.    Furthering that logic there are many that have uttered a comment or made a statement that sticks with them. 

Carole does the humble brag about her Kennedy connection.  She faux corrects people about her relationship (which is zero) to the Kennedys.  

As to reporting/reporters reporter and journalists are used pretty interchangeably, all media reporters are journalists, not all journalists are reporters, some are producers, network executives, background interviewers researchers.  Carole was reporting her information, observations, interviews and research to support on air reporter/journalists.  When she wrote for Glamour  she was a reporterAs in being in the first person to relay the information publicly.

Here is my best example as to why I believe Carole has moved past journalist (other than the obvious she no longer derives an income from working as a journalist).  Phil Graham (Washington Post publisher) was a Harvard Law School graduate and clerked for two US Supreme Court justices, Stanley Reed and Felix Frankfurter.  He then went on to be an intelligence officer in the Army entering as a private and exiting as a major.  He married Katharine nee Meyer Graham whose father was a multi-millionaire publisher of the Washington Post.  After a short period of time Phil and Katherine bought out Meyer, (Katharine 30% and Phil 70%-financed by Meyer).  Graham went on to become a top confidant of JFK.  After his unfortunate suicide Katharine took over as publisher of the Washington Post. 

Bottom line is no one ever refers to Phil Graham as an attorney-he is known for being a publisher.  What his widow did after his death is just phenomenal.  She was the first woman CEO of a Fortune 500 company.  I highly recommend her autobiography.  There is no shortage of who she knew in her life. 

Another example of people not clicking on another's accomplishments-for months on these forums, Shannon Beador was described by many posters as a rich woman who never worked, most likely was institutionalized prior to her marriage to David.  All of sudden Shannon and Tamra went on Heather Dubrow's show and we learned that Shannon graduated USC with a degree in business and in fact went to law school and held a lucrative position selling freight transportation.  Oh and she also worked as a waitress.    Tamra worked at Burger King. 

I would like to hear more about what these women have done in their past-loved the Luann special.  I only dislike it when people seek to one up and discredit another's accomplishments or acquaintances among the rich and famous.  They will always one up someone-nature of the beast on these shows.  Of course there is always Sonja who just cannot be trusted.  Dorinda might be an interesting subject.  So with Carole she doesn't need the little putdowns of "socialites" she should just rest on her laurels. 

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

As to reporting/reporters reporter and journalists are used pretty interchangeably, all media reporters are journalists, not all journalists are reporters, some are producers, network executives, background interviewers researchers.  Carole was reporting her information, observations, interviews and research to support on air reporter/journalists.  When she wrote for Glamour  she was a reporterAs in being in the first person to relay the information publicly.

Here is my best example as to why I believe Carole has moved past journalist (other than the obvious she no longer derives an income from working as a journalist).  Phil Graham (Washington Post publisher) was a Harvard Law School graduate and clerked for two US Supreme Court justices, Stanley Reed and Felix Frankfurter.  He then went on to be an intelligence officer in the Army entering as a private and exiting as a major.  He married Katharine nee Meyer Graham whose father was a multi-millionaire publisher of the Washington Post.  After a short period of time Phil and Katherine bought out Meyer, (Katharine 30% and Phil 70%-financed by Meyer).  Graham went on to become a top confidant of JFK.  After his unfortunate suicide Katharine took over as publisher of the Washington Post. 

Bottom line is no one ever refers to Phil Graham as an attorney-he is known for being a publisher.  What his widow did after his death is just phenomenal.  She was the first woman CEO of a Fortune 500 company.  I highly recommend her autobiography.  There is no shortage of who she knew in her life. 

Another example of people not clicking on another's accomplishments-for months on these forums, Shannon Beador was described by many posters as a rich woman who never worked, most likely was institutionalized prior to her marriage to David.  All of sudden Shannon and Tamra went on Heather Dubrow's show and we learned that Shannon graduated USC with a degree in business and in fact went to law school and held a lucrative position selling freight transportation.  Oh and she also worked as a waitress.    Tamra worked at Burger King. 

I would like to hear more about what these women have done in their past-loved the Luann special.  I only dislike it when people seek to one up and discredit another's accomplishments or acquaintances among the rich and famous.  They will always one up someone-nature of the beast on these shows.  Of course there is always Sonja who just cannot be trusted.  Dorinda might be an interesting subject.  So with Carole she doesn't need the little putdowns of "socialites" she should just rest on her laurels. 

Shannon was described as a rich HW who had done nothing because that is what she has shown us on the show, in her BIo for the show, and in most press that she has done. Except for the 5-10 people who listened to Heather's Podcast, no one would have any idea that Shannon had gone to Law School, or ever held a job at all. Because she has never made it part of who she is on the show. 

I don't get the thing about what Carole calls herself. Why in the world does that matter? Kyle Richards will always call herself an actress, while she does very little acting. I am sure that long after she has ever been paid to read a line, this is how she will think of herself. And why not? There are tons of actors who haven't worked in years who do the same. When Kyle is referred to in the press, it is as a Reality TV person, the same way that Carole gets referred to in the press. Because currently, that is what they do. It doesn't take away from what they did. My grandmother referred to herself as a Teacher until the day that she died, and she hadn't taught for 20 years at that time. She went on to do volunteer work and do many part time jobs. But she always said she was a Teacher. My grandfather referred to himself as a Lawyer long after he had retired and gone on to do other things. They did this because that is the way in which they saw themselves. The career that they had loved and what was meaningful to them. I am not sure what the problem is with any of that. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 6

She said that not only was she a fit model, that she was a showroom model and that it was her ass in the ads and on the billboards.  I do not believe she was a showroom or in the ads. A fit model sure, but the star of a major and iconic campaign? No way.

29 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Carole has had an interesting life and when she mentions what she has done in the past and who she knows from her glory years,   Yet, when someone else talks about their past Carole gets a little snooty.  Let's take the Princess title-not only was she never a princess for a variety of reasons including the fact that the Radziwill kingdom had not existed since before her husbands birth and her husband never acknowledged or used the title.  She can poo-poo Luann's title but it was valid and Luann seems to know the rules surrounding it.  That is what rubs me the wrong way about Carole.

Shannon Beador was described by many posters as a rich woman who never worked, most likely was institutionalized prior to her marriage to David. 

Anthony was NEVER a prince,ever. I don't know why people still think that Carole was ever a princess, ever. Oh except for her tagline "I may be a princess..." But she never calls herself a princess, right? You don't automatically get to be one just because your parent is/was especially in the case of Anthony's father where it was given up. Zara Tindall is not a princess nor is her brother Phillip and their grandmother is the Queen of England.

In all honesty I can see how Shannon Beador could have been institutionalized. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, film noire said:

carole 3.jpg

Carole needed to edit this outfit. The removal of a couple of items and the outfit would  be super cute. 

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Shannon was described as a rich HW who had done nothing because that is what she has shown us on the show, in her BIo for the show, and in most press that she has done. Except for the 5-10 people who listened to Heather's Podcast, no one would have any idea that Shannon had gone to Law School, or ever held a job at all. Because she has never made it part of who she is on the show. 

I don't get the thing about what Carole calls herself. Why in the world does that matter? Kyle Richards will always call herself an actress, while she does very little acting. I am sure that long after she has ever been paid to read a line, this is how she will think of herself. And why not? There are tons of actors who haven't worked in years who do the same. When Kyle is referred to in the press, it is as a Reality TV person, the same way that Carole gets referred to in the press. Because currently, that is what they do. It doesn't take away from what they did. My grandmother referred to herself as a Teacher until the day that she died, and she hadn't taught for 20 years at that time. She went on to do volunteer work and do many part time jobs. But she always said she was a Teacher. My grandfather referred to himself as a Lawyer long after he had retired and gone on to do other things. They did this because that is the way in which they saw themselves. The career that they had loved and what was meaningful to them. I am not sure what the problem is with any of that. 

As to Shannon my point was and raise your hand if you were one of the guilty people made all these assumptions about her and before Heather's Podcast there was significant information that Shannon was in fact a USC alum.  Even when that was pointed out certain posters were so totally convinced that Shannon had done nothing with her life.  Life is not always about quantity sometimes it is about the facts.  Knowing and then dismissing the facts as they are not well disseminated is kind of admitting to preferring ignorance over fact.

Carole used her journalist background to put down someone else.  I don't care because it is Ramona but I don't necessarily consider my friends with journalist backgrounds to be any more informed or superior in their absorption and retention of news articles, essays and interviews.  Carole can claim it but I don't agree with it.  It was a very poor way to try and persuade Ramona about her candidates superiority.  No one wants to hear how they are wrong because they aren't as smart as you are. 

Kyle Richards career before RH was that of an actress.  She is still working in scripted TV but now she is an executive producer.  She has many titles now-business owner, designer, spokesperson, actress (from time to time), executive producer and of course Reality TV persona.   She has continued to act in scripted TV during her tenure on RHOBH-not a lot but some.  So her referring to herself an actress is not that far off. 

There is a difference between retired and moving onto to other pursuits.  You write a book you are always an author, you don't ever write anything else commercially or for publication you are not necessarily a writer but you are still an author.  Pumps from Sweet Home Oklahoma.  was an elementary school teacher before going to law school and becoming an active, practicing attorney.  To me it would be different to reference her as a teacher and at this point even a Reality TV personality-she is still practicing law.  So I would say she is an attorney.

Maybe a simpler way of putting it is if one did not know Carole and met her on a airplane and asked her profession and she said, "journalist", wouldn't the follow up question be who she worked for or where her columns appeared?  If she answered I worked for ABC fifteen years ago, most might ask what she was doing now.  That is when it becomes relevant. Carole is no longer a practicing journalist nor necessarily retired.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, film noire said:

carole 3.jpg

That's proof she SHOULD be a model - or maybe a fashion designer - since ugly-ass clothes are oh so chic. Go ahead Carole, you can steal that name for your new line: UGLY-ASS COUTURE by CAROLE RADZIWILL. You're welcome.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

As to Shannon my point was and raise your hand if you were one of the guilty people made all these assumptions about her and before Heather's Podcast there was significant information that Shannon was in fact a USC alum.  Even when that was pointed out certain posters were so totally convinced that Shannon had done nothing with her life.  Life is not always about quantity sometimes it is about the facts.  Knowing and then dismissing the facts as they are not well disseminated is kind of admitting to preferring ignorance over fact.

LOL. It seems like this is all that ever happens on the Carole forum. Knowing and then dismissing facts because the facts don't go with the narrative that she just makes shit up. 

I was not only part of the "what in the world has Shannon Beador ever done" bandwagon, I might have been the leader of the movement. Because she never talked about ever having done anything. Ever.  I never doubted she graduated from USC, because she said that she did. Why in the world would I think she was making that up, or that if it were not true, that someone would not have come forward to say it was not true. I didn't spend hours digging into her background to try and prove it to be a lie. What I doubted was that she had ever done much else. When I heard that she had gone to Law School and had a job after, I was surprised, but never felt the need to spend hours trying to prove she must be a liar. Is it strange? That she would list in her Bio that she went to USC but never mentioned going to Law School? Yep, it is all kinds of strange. But I believe her and after hearing that she said she had gone, I just let her have that. Because if she went to Law School, she should be able to be proud of that.  Why would she make something like that up? 

But bringing it back to Carole, that seems to be exactly what happens to her. Her entire history is questioned. Her every achievement and relationship is analyzed and dissected for some nugget that perhaps something might not be 100% true. It is interesting because it doesn't happen in the same way to the others. I cannot stand Ramona, and often times cannot tolerate Lu, but cannot understand trying to prove their past successes and achievements didn't really happen. And I have zero doubt that if anyone decided to put half the time into digging around into everything they have claimed to have done in their lives, they could find an inconsistency here and there. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Shit I still call myself a hairdresser as part of who I am even though I haven't really cut hair in over 10 years.  It is who I was and push comes to shove I can pull out the shears and still do it.  Who cares really?  I think I know who and what I am better than anyone else just like I am sure Carole does about herself.  

I like Carole and admit she is kind of a boring addition to this show but the pages upon pages of critiquing her past, her clothes, her ass, what she chooses to call herself, her face, you'd think she was a much bigger part of the show.  Hate is strong with this one.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Mozelle said:

You realize that someone could post the same about Linda Rodin, right? 

I do (and if they did, they'd make my point for me :)

If Carole wore the pink coat look, she'd likely wear her hair down (ruining that clean neckline) and add brightly colored mitt'ens or gloves, plus a statement boot/shoe (chunky high heel with buckles?) and a ripped knee on those seventies bells bottoms; she'd also throw in something "sexy" somewhere  (a spangly halter top visible at the open coat neck?) all cluttering the look up with too many elements,  throwing the outfit into desperately hip/Carrie at her sartorial saddest. 

And if Rodin (god forbid) were forced to wear that hideous look I posted of Carole's, she would instead burn it, storing the ashes in her purse ; )

rodin.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I believe the same is true for Carole. She was reporting from Iraq in 1991, and didn't marry Anthony until 1994. 

She and Anthony started dating in 1990, during the Menendez trial, and moved in together about a year after (iirc) so it's not the same situation as Willow Bay (who had done correspondent stuff on the Today show at NBC, before moving to ABC). 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Mozelle said:

I don't think she has an eye for what works for her at all. She usually looks like she's dressing somebody else -- a woman quite different from herself -- the only time her clothes seem to suit her are when she's in a simple cocktail dress with very few accessories,  or a bathing suit. Most of the time, the proportions/line of her outfits are completely off and feel literally thrown together -- as if she threw shit at the wall, and whatever stuck got turned into her "outfit" -- and I think she has no idea who she is, physically.  She has a high impact face --  it's the equivalent of a statement piece, all on its own -- the big nose, big cheekbones, big teeth  -- and she never uses that as a fashion asset. (And it is.) She frames the angles of her face badly with hair and wears hats that are not flattering and outfits that are too dainty/girlish/tiny/too busy for that face -- or conversely, laden down with heavy/woolly/take-up-visual-space accessories -- when her face is already making a big statement all on its own (like Streisand or Berensen back in the day).

She also has a great silhouette, but you'd never know it, with all the fusspotting and overdressing she does (and she should look to someone like Rodin for inspiration when it comes to finding a style all your own) but if I could change only two things,  I'd tell her to wear her hair up more often (when the angles aren't hidden or framed by hair, her face just pops) and go much further than the standard "remove one accessory" when she's done dressing -- remove five things.  That alone would kick her style into high gear.

carole radziwill hair.jpg

Edited by film noire
i cut my prose to fit the fashion of the time
  • Love 1