Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

Of course you're right, jacny!  Thank you for always taking the time to read and comment on my posts and bringing me back down to earth. Because I know there isn't anyone besides me that gets irked here.  Bahahahaha

I of course, am biased, but I think Carole defenders are way worse.  Of course, no one on the internet will ever be as filled with irrational anger and rage as youtube commenters. So we should all be patting ourselves on the back for being so civil. 

• Love 2

Here is an example of too cool for school Carole: http://www.allabouttrh.com/carole-radziwill-ive-never-been-the-one-to-chase-men/  She makes her living off of reality TV but can't be bothered to watch it.  I can see why she doesn't get an invite to the Bravo up fronts-she seems to have no regard as to the network's format and what pays her bills. 

Well, you have to remember, zoeysmom, that Carole doesn't actually pay her bills.  She carries them with her, but she says (as she handles a final shut off notice) that she "never pays them".  Yuk yuk.  Jokester! 

http://uds.ak.o.brightcove.com/3891678522001/3891678522001_4173551175001_Carole-Radziwill-WIMB-041415.mp4?pubId=3891678522001&videoId=4173273915001

P.S.  Who else doesn't get invited to the upfronts?  That's interesting.

• Love 3

Well, you have to remember, zoeysmom, that Carole doesn't actually pay her bills.  She carries them with her, but she says (as she handles a final shut off notice) that she "never pays them".  Yuk yuk.  Jokester! 

http://uds.ak.o.brightcove.com/3891678522001/3891678522001_4173551175001_Carole-Radziwill-WIMB-041415.mp4?pubId=3891678522001&videoId=4173273915001

P.S.  Who else doesn't get invited to the upfronts?  That's interesting.

Donald Robertson hand-painted and personalized a bag for Carole? She does have a surprising and impressive circle of friends.

Donald Robertson hand-painted and personalized a bag for Carole? She does have a surprising and impressive circle of friends.

Maybe Carole will get the Jackie Oh print on a bag next, lol. Hope she sees the humor in his art work...so whimsical!

JackieOh.jpg?format=1000w

A little about Donald:

Robertson‘s drawings and constructions cull from a deep understanding of color and fashion, as much as his cheeky sense of humor and sharp wit. A father of five, Robertson observes his youngest children’s negotiations with the world around them, citing this as inspiration for his art practice, while inviting us into his world by documenting these personal moments on his Instagram feed. Robertson has received international attention for his interactions with social media and was nominated by the CFDA (Council of Fashion Designers of America) as “Instagrammer of the year.” Yet his work remains hyper self-aware, as he uses Instagram like a medium; collecting, cataloging, and reacting to images he finds there. It is no coincidence then, that Robertson posts images of his resulting work to the same site that inspires so much of it.

A career artist, Robertson has worked in the cosmetics and fashion industry, beginning in Toronto alongside the founders of MAC Cosmetics, and most recently in creative development at the Estee Lauder Companies. He also launched American Marie Claire before redesigning American Glamour with Conde Nast and Hearst..

http://www.donaldrobertson.com

Edited by talula
  • Love 1

I am fickle as hell so some things bother me and some things don't. Right now, what Carole said about the cigarettes and what she posted, the vintage picture, doesn't bother me. I don't understand the outrage over her comments about pink cigarettes. Impressionable kids shouldn't be watching this show so I don't hold her responsible if someone decides to smoke pink cigarettes. 

I'm not bothered so much by her joke about the pink cigs not being harmful or the smoking toddler pic.  I just find her humor, if that's what she's aiming for, idiotic.  More idiotic that I find her humor is that she smokes at all.

In that scene, the baby talk and wide-eyed wonder that cigarettes might be harmful - even if a joke - makes me weep for the serious journalist that she used to be.  The one that "spent nearly a month in Thailand and on the Cambodian border setting up interviews for Peter Jennings, meeting with humanitarian aid organizations, learning how to talk to guerilla fighters and negotiate with Thai military officials." 

I'm glad she's reinvented herself since the tragic death of her husband and friends, but did she have to reinvent into such a dum dum?

• Love 8

Karma...Carole's righteous indignation talking about Sonja in a TH! Now she's reaping what she sowed in 2014, lol!

tumblr_makcma7EMn1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

carole-radziwill-rhony-i-didnt-know-whet

In door #2, who was the Princess referring to here? Oh yeah Sonja again. I'd say RUDE!

200_s.gif

Behind Door # 3, there Carole goes again this time it's LuAnn she's talking about...oh my!

oOKK5.gif

I think Carole has her own stinger and isn't afraid to use it.  For all the outrage directed at Aviva over the ghostwriter she has zero qualms about going after others.  I wish, and it won't happen, that at the Reunion Andy would play some of these gems.    I do believe Andy is so giddy over banging 20 somethings that he fails to see the hypocrisy with this group.

• Love 6

I like Carole. A lot. I enjoy her humor, her self deprecating digs, her dinging the insufferable Aviva, etc. Carole & Heather's friendship is enjoyable.

I feel like I "get"Carole and she makes me laugh. I don't hear the"little girl" laugh (I know that's not quite what someone posted one page ago--I can't figure out how to scroll on a kindle).

• Love 6

http://starcasm.net/archives/325712
To me this when the line is crossed when Carole accuses Luann of sleeping with "young boys". That is stating LuAnn committed a felony and the for Carole to say such a thing is way  beyond fighting dirty. If Carole has the identity of these young she should notify their parents or the authorities. Carole has said it is all in the cover-up.

There is nothing to indicate LuAnn hade sex with the married Scot-she says no but Carole knows better? Carole was hurt over Luann stating the obvious Carole doesn't have children. I am trying to figure out what Carole gains from being so loathsome. Anythng LuAnn said about Carole, Carole ha said the same or worse about Sonja, LuAnn and to some extent Ramona.

I don't see how LuAnn and Carole could both be on next year and riding around handlebars with a cute chef is just not enough a storyline.

To me this when the line is crossed when Carole accuses Luann of sleeping with "young boys". That is stating LuAnn committed a felony and the for Carole to say such a thing is way  beyond fighting dirty. If Carole has the identity of these young she should notify their parents or the authorities. Carole has said it is all in the cover-up.

There is nothing to indicate LuAnn hade sex with the married Scot-she says no but Carole knows better? Carole was hurt over Luann stating the obvious Carole doesn't have children. I am trying to figure out what Carole gains from being so loathsome. Anythng LuAnn said about Carole, Carole ha said the same or worse about Sonja, LuAnn and to some extent Ramona.

I don't see how LuAnn and Carole could both be on next year and riding around handlebars with a cute chef is just not enough a storyline.

Wait, LuAnn has been saying that, "sleeps with young boys", about Sonja for years now and she has also said it about Carole as well but shame on Carole? That makes no sense IMO. What does LuAnn have to gain from being so "loathsome" to Carole? Expecting 1 HW to always take the "high road" while some of the others continue to roll around in the mud is crazy IMO, especially when their questionable comments are made in their TH segments because we do NOT know what the question was that elicited that response/answer. If these HWs played by normal societal politeness rules, they would be a 1 and done, they are paid to snark about  and argue with each other. LOL 

• Love 6

IMHO that's a real stretch.

When Carole said "young boys" I doubt you really believe she meant tweens or teens.  We were told LuAnn hooked up with a 21 year old in TC and to women in their 40's and 50's, that's young.    A 21 year old male should be called a young man but these women always exaggerate, especially when they're trying to make a point.   It's not uncommon for people to make that kind of leap when discussing age.   My father said he decided to retire from the NYPD after 28 years when they started hiring "children."    Those "children" were 21 years old.

• Love 5

Again, if Lu is offended she shouldn't have started it all. She went after Carole first. She was talking about Adam as a boy, and also made the point that fucking them is fine but dating them a sin. Go figure. Those words are on her. For someone concerned about how her son views her, I'd love to be a big fat fly on the wall when the explanations for that mindset go flying. How often can it be said that folks shouldn't start shit if they aren't capable or smart enough to finish it?

Regarding how they will work together, Lu will certainly manage. She was able to come right back and film with Ramona, who said far worse and with little provocation. It's a job that Lu is desperate to keep and the show must go on. It will be much harder for her with Carole, because of course Ramona is dumber than the hair I pulled out of my hairbrush, and getting the better of her easy even for a child. Carole is a whole different story. I will look forward to it, assuming they both come back. I'm not convinced. I think Carole will if she wants, but don't think the same about Lu. Andy hates it when people are found to have made up a storyline for the drama alone, even if the ratings are good. Jill is a great example of that.

• Love 5

When Carole said "young boys" I doubt you really believe she meant tweens or teens.  We were told LuAnn hooked up with a 21 year old in TC and to women in their 40's and 50's, that's young.    A 21 year old male should be called a young man but these women always exaggerate, especially when they're trying to make a point.   It's not uncommon for people to make that kind of leap when discussing age.   My father said he decided to retire from the NYPD after 28 years when they started hiring "children."    Those "children" were 21 years old.

It's kinda like when they call these vacations a "girls' trip."

When Ramona shrieks, "this was supposed to be a GIRLS' TRIP!" I don't think she's pissed that Bethenny didn't invite Bryn and Kristen excluded Kingsley.

And for that matter, when Bethenny calls her brand Skinnygirl, I don't think anyone's under the impression she's aiming her products at malnourished 9-year-olds.

• Love 5

See, now the story is getting odd. Either LuAnn "hooked up" with a married guy (and for the record she denies having had sex with him, whether we believe her or not, no one else knows the truth) or she "hooked up" with a 21 year old. I seriously doubt the guy was married AND 21. Not likely to be both and not with his wife, or have the money to travel (alone or with wife), or he's Euro-trash money - in which case Sonja would have decked LuAnn in order to get to him.

• Love 3

See, now the story is getting odd. Either LuAnn "hooked up" with a married guy (and for the record she denies having had sex with him, whether we believe her or not, no one else knows the truth) or she "hooked up" with a 21 year old. I seriously doubt the guy was married AND 21. Not likely to be both and not with his wife, or have the money to travel (alone or with wife), or he's Euro-trash money - in which case Sonja would have decked LuAnn in order to get to him.

Bethenny out'ed LuAnn for "hooking up" with a 21 year old the first night in T&C, the married Scott happened on the last night of the trip, 2 different guys! LOL

• Love 9

... or she has slept with more than one person this season. I'm guessing the 21 year old and the married guy are two different people. Carole has simply pointed out Luann's hypocrisy - the girlcode thing, the age thing, and the dating-an-ex-of-someone-you-know thing (Sonja says hi). And I also think it's worth pointing out there is a big difference between a 21 year old and a 29 year old.

Edited by nowcheckthat
  • Love 9

... or she has slept with more than one person this season. I'm guessing the 21 year old and the married guy are two different people. Carole has simply pointed out Luann's hypocrisy. And I also think it's worth pointing out there is a big difference between a 21 year old and a 29 year old.

LuAnn also took that young guy, the friend of Sonja's 23 year old, into the Ladies bathroom at that pick up place earlier in the season. I really doubt that she took him into the bathroom to show him what a Ladies room looks like! LOL

• Love 7

Bethenny out'ed LuAnn for "hooking up" with a 21 year old the first night in T&C, the married Scott happened on the last night of the trip, 2 different guys! LOL

Beat me to it! 

LuAnn also took that young guy, the friend of Sonja's 23 year old, into the Ladies bathroom at that pick up place earlier in the season. I really doubt that she took him into the bathroom to show him what a Ladies room looks like! LOL

I honestly can't wait to see how Luann gets herself out of this mess at the reunion. I really hope Carole/Heather nailed her and pointed out all this hypocrisy. Literally every point Luann has made in regards to this feud contradicts something she has said or done previously. I think I've said this before but I don't think she actually cares and she was more interested in creating a storyline/reunion fight.

• Love 6

Beat me to it! 

I honestly can't wait to see how Luann gets herself out of this mess at the reunion. I really hope Carole/Heather nailed her and pointed out all this hypocrisy. Literally every point Luann has made in regards to this feud contradicts something she has said or done previously. I think I've said this before but I don't think she actually cares and she was more interested in creating a storyline/reunion fight.

I agree, IMO, LuAnn is all about securing her apple/contract for next season. She lost her apple last season and is terrified it can happen again so she is doing any and all to protect it.

• Love 1

I would like to see where anyone has every said another has slept with young boys.  You can say young men, you can say boys but you cannot say someone has slept with young boys and further more is shamed by it.

Carole would be wise to retract and define before she ends up in a Krupa vs.  Glanville situation.  I do not believe the immunity extends to statements made outside the show in the RH contracts.

Carole is a wordsmith and I know she weighs her words carefully so she should smarten up.  It is not as if it is a malaprop.

Look this whole who sleeps with who brings the show down.  The show should not be about tattling and gossiping about another.  This is slutty Andy Cohen material who is unwilling or incapable of being in a serious relationship so he enjoys talking about and sleeping around.

I would like to see where anyone has every said another has slept with young boys.  You can say young men, you can say boys but you cannot say someone has slept with young boys and further more is shamed by it.

Carole would be wise to retract and define before she ends up in a Krupa vs.  Glanville situation.  I do not believe the immunity extends to statements made outside the show in the RH contracts.

Carole is a wordsmith and I know she weighs her words carefully so she should smarten up.  It is not as if it is a malaprop.

Look this whole who sleeps with who brings the show down.  The show should not be about tattling and gossiping about another.  This is slutty Andy Cohen material who is unwilling or incapable of being in a serious relationship so he enjoys talking about and sleeping around.

IMO, no one that watches the show thinks any of the women sleep with under age guys/boys no matter how another HW says it nor do I think anyone is trying to suggest these random hook ups are minors anymore than we, the viewers think these women are"underage/minor" females despite the fact that they refer to themselves as "girls" all the time. LOL This situation is nothing like the Krupa/Granville lawsuit, nothing. Brandi stated as fact that Mohammed said X about Krupa, Carole never stated as fact that LuAnn slept with an underage boy/minor.

And, YES, Andy does love this.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 5

IMO, no one that watches the show thinks any of the women sleep with under age guys/boys no matter how another HW says it nor do I think anyone is trying to suggest these random hook ups are minors anymore than we, the viewers think these women are"underage/minor" females despite the fact that they refer to themselves as "girls" all the time. LOL This situation is nothing like the Krupa/Granville lawsuit, nothing. Brandi stated as fact that Mohammed said X about Krupa, Carole never stated as fact that LuAnn slept with an underage boy/minor.

And, YES, Andy does love this.

Young boy means someone under age.  Period.  If someone said, "Mario Singer sleeps with young girls."  The question would be why isn't he in jail. 

Did you read her tweet?  That is exactly what Carole said-LuAnn sleeps with young boys and married men.

If you say to a seventeen year old-you are a young boy they would not be happy.

Carole will need to clarify exactly what age she means when she calls someone a "young boy" because she loses her nut when someone calls out her greasy under 30 boyfriend and his age. 

Edited by zoeysmom

Yeah, I highly doubt that anyone is misconstruing Carole's words to think that she's calling LuAnn a pedophile or suggesting that she is on her way to becoming one. Come on! A few of the women on this show (and on other franchises) have talked about "cute boys," and, again, I highly (highly!) doubt that there's any confusion about what's being discussed there with that phrasing.

On whether Carole is supposed to conform to some (stereotypical) ideal of what A Serious Journalist does in her off time, I don't know. It really seems like this unattainable expectation, this rigid idea that as A Serious Journalist, how dare she let her hair down when not being A Serious Journalist. I'm actually having a hard time believing that Peter Jennings didn't cut loose when out with friends, or that Christiane Amanpour (a friend of Carole's who, according to Carole, suggested the title for her novel) stays in some Serious Journalist role when not working. 

I follow Egyptian journalist Mona Eltahawy on Twitter. I'm currently reading her new book, Headscarves and Hymens: Why the Middle East Needs a Sexual Revolution. It's a heavy topic on sexual violence, rape, FGM, and misogyny. Mona is A Serious Journalist. You know what she is also? A huge fan of Manchester United, which she tweets about from time to time. She's a lover of men with beards, something she tweets about from time to time. She tweets about her tattoos and wanting another as well. Basically, her work as A Serious Journalist is not the only thing that defines her; she's a multifaceted human being with diverse interests.

I'm going out on a limb to say that this can and does apply to Carole as well.

• Love 16

Yeah, I highly doubt that anyone is misconstruing Carole's words to think that she's calling LuAnn a pedophile or suggesting that she is on her way to becoming one. Come on! A few of the women on this show (and on other franchises) have talked about "cute boys," and, again, I highly (highly!) doubt that there's any confusion about what's being discussed there with that phrasing.

On whether Carole is supposed to conform to some (stereotypical) ideal of what A Serious Journalist does in her off time, I don't know. It really seems like this unattainable expectation, this rigid idea that as A Serious Journalist, how dare she let her hair down when not being A Serious Journalist. I'm actually having a hard time believing that Peter Jennings didn't cut loose when out with friends, or that Christiane Amanpour (a friend of Carole's who, according to Carole, suggested the title for her novel) stays in some Serious Journalist role when not working. 

I follow Egyptian journalist Mona Eltahawy on Twitter. I'm currently reading her new book, Headscarves and Hymens: Why the Middle East Needs a Sexual Revolution. It's a heavy topic on sexual violence, rape, FGM, and misogyny. Mona is A Serious Journalist. You know what she is also? A huge fan of Manchester United, which she tweets about from time to time. She's a lover of men with beards, something she tweets about from time to time. She tweets about her tattoos and wanting another as well. Basically, her work as A Serious Journalist is not the only thing that defines her; she's a multifaceted human being with diverse interests.

I'm going out on a limb to say that this can and does apply to Carole as well.

All I am saying is Carole went too far when she said YOUNG BOYS.  She can say young men she can say boys but in general society young boys means underage and that is a crime.  Having sex with them not saying young boys.

Carole can eat and puke all the THC laced Gummy Bears she likes but what she doesn't get to do is claim to be a journalist and then when her words come back to bite her on the ass claim she was off duty Carole.

On the other thread Carole has taken it upon herself to be the defender of JFK Jr against Sonja's partying allegations.  As a Kennedy enthusiast, I get it and I don't like when allegations go unchallenged.  There is Carole  bitching about John not being there to answer Sonja's assertion she partied with him and he was her friend.   Carole might want to think about throwing out allegations of adultery and sex with YOUNG BOYS about a co-worker and former friend.  You just can't have it both ways. 

Edited by zoeysmom

All I am saying is Carole went too far when she said YOUNG BOYS. She can say young men she can say boys but in general society young boys means underage and that is a crime. Having sex with them not saying young boys.

Context is important, many many people do not view the phrase "young boys" in this context as implying LuAnn is committing a crime by using that phrase.

• Love 7

All I am saying is Carole went too far when she said YOUNG BOYS.  She can say young men she can say boys but in general society young boys means underage and that is a crime.  Having sex with them not saying young boys.

Carole can eat and puke all the THC laced Gummy Bears she likes but what she doesn't get to do is claim to be a journalist and then when her words come back to bite her on the ass claim she was off duty Carole.

On the other thread Carole has taken it upon herself to be the defender of JFK Jr against Sonja's partying allegations.  As a Kennedy enthusiast, I get it and I don't like when allegations go unchallenged.  That was and is there way and for Carole to bitch about John not being there to answer Sonja's assertion she partied with him and he was her friend.   Carole might want to think about throwing out allegations of adultery and sex with YOUNG BOYS about a co-worker and former friend.  You just can't have it both ways. 

So then, should we take the HWs seriously when they tweet about themselves as "girls" or when they talk about "girls trips" or whatever "girl" thing they are doing? I mean after all, on average age wise, they are closer to "old women" than they are to "girls" LOL I am not saying this as someone who thinks Carole is "Ok" but as a viewer that sees all the HW say stupid things no matter their profession/education.

• Love 3

Young boy means someone under age.  Period.

Yes it does............in the real world.  However, there's not much "real" in the HW's world.  

If you're going to take the "young boy" phrase literally because it was said by a HW, then you have to accept that these "beyond middle aged" women qualify to be called "girls" as they often refer to themselves.   All the plastic surgery, fake boobs and botox in the world isn't going to make these women "girls."

I don't believe even half of what I see and hear coming from these women so I would never take one tweet literally.

• Love 1

So then, should we take the HWs seriously when they tweet about themselves as "girls" or when they talk about "girls trips" or whatever "girl" thing they are doing? I mean after all, on average age wise, they are closer to "old women" than they are to "girls" LOL I am not saying this as someone who thinks Carole is "Ok" but as a viewer that sees all the HW say stupid things no matter their profession/education.

Carole specifically chose to combine YOUNG+BOYS.  She didn't young men or young dudes she chose a combination that to people unfamiliar with the show would seem that Luann sleeps with underage males and married men.  None of which she has first hand knowledge of.  Had Carole said, "barely legal," then one would construe over 18 or 17 whatever the age of consent is in the jurisdiction.  We are living in an age where attractive females teachers are being charged sleeping with their underage students.  All I am saying is it is a low blow over Luann bitching about having her privacy invaded-Carole and Heather don't get to decide Luann's mindset (short of the reality being it was staged for the cameras) and  LuAnn bitching about Carole tapping the help/niece's ex-boyfriend.  Both of Luann's complaints are opinions about what she finds offensive, Carole's are attacks and accusations of things we don't really see on the show and major judgments. 

If Carole's goal was to out Luann as having sex with whoever-she has done it and I feel like it makes her the smaller person. it is no different than what Lauri did to Vicki.  Carole takes a minor snub and fires back with a cannon.  Carole has effectively created such a divide it is a LuAnn or Carole situation and I don't think Carole will be the choice.

Yes it does............in the real world.  However, there's not much "real" in the HW's world.  

If you're going to take the "young boy" phrase literally because it was said by a HW, then you have to accept that these "beyond middle aged" women qualify to be called "girls" as they often refer to themselves.   All the plastic surgery, fake boobs and botox in the world isn't going to make these women "girls."

I don't believe even half of what I see and hear coming from these women so I would never take one tweet literally.

I am sorry but they don't call themselves "young girls" and don't refer to anyone of the female persuasion and of the age of consent as "young girls" in a sexual context.  It has never been done on the show and people saying it doesn't make it so.

Context is important, many many people do not view the phrase "young boys" in this context as implying LuAnn is committing a crime by using that phrase.

Thank you. I'm not sure where the assumption came to be that "young boys" means underage universally and to everyone in every situation. To me that is as crazy as the conversation earlier in the season that these HW's cannot call themselves "girls" because they are not texhnically girls. Tell that to Lu. I think that you are going to get a whole range of opinions about such things. Let me assure you, my 21 year old son is not only a young boy in my mind, he is a baby. despite what I think about how young he is, he could have sex with Lu and it wouldn't be a felony.

Regarding any assertion that Lu might sue Carole, I find it laughable, but admit I would buy a whole bunch of popcorn for such an event. Can you imagine the discovery phase of such a thing? Carole and whatever other people are called bringing evidence of things Lu doesn't want her son or anyone else to know about. The person who wrote a song about apparently being a girl and being betrayed by another girl not liking the assertion that she likes to fuck boys. I almost wish something so improbable would actually happen.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 8

All I am saying is it is a low blow

That's true but only if you believe she meant it literally which I do not.   If we choose to take everything the HW's say literally then we have to believe that Sonja is developing a fragrance with the Nigerian Football Team.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

I am sorry but they don't call themselves "young girls" and don't refer to anyone of the female persuasion and of the age of consent as "young girls" in a sexual context.  It has never been done on the show and people saying it doesn't make it so.

It doesn't matter if they call themselves "young girls" or "girls."  They are neither.  

The only thing that matters is that we don't take what these women say literally.   The show, their arguments, insults and feuds are all fabricated BS produced by Bravo to entertain.  The reality in "reality TV"  as it applies to the HW's franchise is an oxymoron.    While it's fun to snark about, it's certainly not worth arguing about.

• Love 4

To me, only me...the words "young boys" means teenage males. Carole gets a pass for saying publicly that "pink cigarettes" don't cause health concerns/cancer and babies smoking is a funny joke. Does it surprise anyone that she's saying a cast mate had sexual relationship with young boys...it's just another one of her "jokes." She's no longer a professional journalist...don't take what she says as serious. As a reality HW she can say or do anything she wants...smoke pot, try candy drugs make cancer jokes, accuse her work-friend of being a pediphile...it's only her sense of humor. How can she be faulted for any bizarre statement she makes...hahaha! It's a joke to call her a HW...you get it...she's just messing with everyone and laughing all the way to the bank. She was my favourite...but lately not so much.

rhonjgigtrelaugh.gif

tumblr_mzq0uxpv621ql5yr7o1_400.gif

Edited to switch teenage boys to young boys.

Edited by talula
  • Love 2

But Carole isn't saying that LuAnn is having sex with teenage boys. Like, that's not even a joke because it's not at all what Carole uttered. Taking "young boys" and changing it to "teenaged boys" then putting Carole on the hook for that brand of editorializing is not something I'm comprehending.

• Love 4

But Carole isn't saying that LuAnn is having sex with teenage boys. Like, that's not even a joke because it's not at all what Carole uttered. Taking "young boys" and changing it to "teenaged boys" then putting Carole on the hook for that brand of editorializing is not something I'm comprehending.

Your right I edited the teenage boys to young boys.

On whether Carole is supposed to conform to some (stereotypical) ideal of what A Serious Journalist does in her off time, I don't know. It really seems like this unattainable expectation, 

I don't need Nellie Bly, I just need Carole R to not play a latter day Mrs. Roper.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 1

Roper-like, because far too many of her moments on the show have carried a desperate whiff of misplaced sexualization (the most evident being a couple of years ago, when she kept macking on an instructor on the beach, despite him clearly not wanting to be treated as such). She's been playing more Holly Golightly this season, but when she goes into that weird, desperate, "I'm fifty and fabulous and still fuckable!" place, I keep waiting for Jack to turn up.

And if she wants to?

If she *wants* to be Mrs Roper -- if she's intentionally presenting herself as a comical character (and not a secure and sexy older woman, with no need to beg for sexual attention)  well, we all gotta make a living doing something -- more to snark on.

• Love 2

I"m not a Carole fan as y'all know.  But she isn't robbing the cradle even though she may have robbed LuAnne's niece.  He's cute.  And I imagine there is a fairly large (i.e. huuuuuge) component of getting on tv and maybe parlaying that into a job at a restaurant or whatever going on there to make it worth his while to play the toy-boy part for a few weeks.  If they are having a good time that's fine with me.  That having been said, if Carole was a serious journalist, she basically stopped being one when she came on this show.  So I'm not gonna buy anything she is selling in that department.  It's not like she's doing a big undercover piece for Vanity Fair on the iniquities of Reality TV.  She's there for the money and the notoriety and to shill her product like all the other Ho'Wives.

Oh, and the figures on the Widow's Guide:  6517 since February 2014.  And they aren't putting the paperback out until October of this year.  That means almost 2 years after they pubbed the hardcover.  Which tells me they were extremely disappointed in the sales and wanted to give the public one more season of the show to get some h/cs sold before the reprint hits.  Sadly, that plan didn't work.  She's been selling 10 books this week and 15 books the next week and so on.  There has been no uptick on this season at all.

God I love BookScan!  

• Love 4

Carole gets a pass for saying publicly that "pink cigarettes" don't cause health concerns/cancer and babies smoking is a funny joke. Does it surprise anyone that she's saying a cast mate had sexual relationship with young boys...it's just another one of her "jokes." She's no longer a professional journalist...don't take what she says as serious. As a reality HW she can say or do anything she wants...smoke pot, try candy drugs make cancer jokes, accuse her work-friend of being a pediphile...it's only her sense of humor. How can she be faulted for any bizarre statement she makes...hahaha! It's a joke to call her a HW...you get it...she's just messing with everyone and laughing all the way to the bank. She was my favourite...but lately not so much.

Exactly.  If Aviva or Sonja had made any of those jokes...

If she *wants* to be Mrs Roper -- if she's intentionally presenting herself as a comical character (and not a secure and sexy older woman, with no need to beg for sexual attention)  well, we all gotta make a living doing something -- more to snark on.

I cringe when I hear 15 year olds talk about blowies, hickies, buttseks.  Whether Carole is wanting to be comical or not.  Just, no.  Didn't zany Mrs. Roper once don a bear suit to scare Jack? 

• Love 3

Roper-like, because far too many of her moments on the show have carried a desperate whiff of misplaced sexualization (the most evident being a couple of years ago, when she kept macking on an instructor on the beach, despite him clearly not wanting to be treated as such). She's been playing more Holly Golightly this season, but when she goes into that weird, desperate, "I'm fifty and fabulous and still fuckable!" place, I keep waiting for Jack to turn up.

Weird and desperate?  Misplaced sexualization?

You sure you didn’t mean to post this in the “Sonja” category?  Cuz I’m thinking if anybody is a Mrs. Roper (according to how you define her here) it’s Ms. Morgan. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 4

God I love BookScan!  

How did Aviva's long email stack up against Widow's Guide?

If that's the description we're using, I think Sonja is much more of a "Mrs. Roper" than Carole.  But mileage, variance and all of that…

I'd agree with that.  Even Luann could qualify.  Carole, Lu, Sonja and Moaner should get their own show.  Like a horny(er) Golden Girls.

ETA: quaintirene, I tried to look up that info myself but it appears I need publishing credentials to log in?

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 1

How did Aviva's long email stack up against Widow's Guide?

Oh much much worse!  668 since early 2014 and S&S haven't published a p/back that I can see.  The figures are horrible.  But Radziwill did have more of a profile, and basically her entire first season was a long ad for her novel.  The market for Ho'Wives books has hit rock-bottom I think.  I can't see how any publisher can justify buying these books.  Really only Bethenny and Tre have done really well out of it.

• Love 3

So no room exists for someone to be, oh, more than thing? It's either/or? Carole likes to flirt. I don't confuse that with begging for sexual attention (but mileage varies and all that jazz). Carole also likes to be a bit self-deprecating while also teasing. It's all very possible. 

• Love 2

Oh much much worse!  668 since early 2014 and S&S haven't published a p/back that I can see.  The figures are horrible.  But Radziwill did have more of a profile, and basically her entire first season was a long ad for her novel.  The market for Ho'Wives books has hit rock-bottom I think.  I can't see how any publisher can justify buying these books.  Really only Bethenny and Tre have done really well out of it.

Wild speculation ahead... I swear sometime this season I heard B say, "no more books" so does this mean even she has been put on notice re the declining popularity of housewife books?

Wild speculation ahead... I swear sometime this season I heard B say, "no more books" so does this mean even she has been put on notice re the declining popularity of housewife books?

She probably made that satement on the heels of her realization that, that shit don't sell.

She has to be hoping it sounds like it was her decision.

• Love 4