Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

I'm 39 years old and on tamoxifen for breast cancer. By far the side effects of this drug are worse than any other treatment/surgery I've had to undergo. I've had to basically accelerate menopause in order to prevent a recurrence. (Hey Yo....I get it, hot flashes SUCK! Try getting them at 38). Im also a lawyer and to say that I've had issues with short term memory loss since I started tamoxifen would be an understatement. It may cause me to have to switch careers. Despite the overall shittiness of all this, I could never in a million years, go so far as to compare what I'm going thru to the plight of AIDS patients in the 1980's or even today. It makes my skin crawl when I read Yolanda's statements comparing Lyme to AIDS. And I know bc is not Lyme disease, but I certainly understand brain fog.

Yolanda is beautiful and loaded. We have never seen Yolanda show any interest in charity that doesn't somehow impact her personally. But the fact that she is actually attacking LVP in her blog for Lisa's commitment to animal rights and suggests that Lisa has empathy for animals and not humans is bullshit. And then to further suggest that Lisa does it to shine attention on Lisa is so hypocritical.

To say I'm over Yolanda is an understatement.

My heart goes out to you and wish you many well wishes. I totally get your concern about potentially needing to switch careers or in the worse case scenario not working (hopefully not) especially after all the time & energy invested in something you enjoy doing. I'm undergoing something similar--health issues affecting my professional career~essentially 8 years post college grad training for a career I love(d) but as of this past Dec have been ill and struggling with the concept of it being over:(  I truly hope your treatment is a success and you are able to return to your career. Most important is your health!

Yolanda doesn't have Chronic Lyme Disease--it doesn't exist and she just has nebulous symptoms that can be anything. What is worrisome is that she is advocating for a "charity" that is harmful---they lobby politicians to get insurance companies to cover 3 months of antibiotics for a disease that doesn't exist (symptoms are likely sequela [residual damage from the prior active infection] form lyme) and research has shown that 3 months of antibiotics are not helpful and are actually potentially harmful.

https://realskepticsoftv.wordpress.com/2016/01/29/the-chronicles-of-yolandia-an-investigation-of-cld-pt-vi-the-company-you-keep/

People should support and be happy that people are doing charitable acts, whether it is for non-human animals, the environment, health issues, poverty, etc....there are many causes that need attention and money. Oh the irony---Yolanda is supporting a charlatan organization for a made up disease (doesn't exist). So who is the fool? Not LVP. Also LVP is not the me, me, me person. That is Yolanda and even with friends it is all about what they can do for her.

basically I agree with your entire post and just wanted to add my 2 cents to it;) 

• Love 18

I'm 39 years old and on tamoxifen for breast cancer. By far the side effects of this drug are worse than any other treatment/surgery I've had to undergo. I've had to basically accelerate menopause in order to prevent a recurrence. (Hey Yo....I get it, hot flashes SUCK! Try getting them at 38). Im also a lawyer and to say that I've had issues with short term memory loss since I started tamoxifen would be an understatement. It may cause me to have to switch careers. Despite the overall shittiness of all this, I could never in a million years, go so far as to compare what I'm going thru to the plight of AIDS patients in the 1980's or even today. It makes my skin crawl when I read Yolanda's statements comparing Lyme to AIDS. And I know bc is not Lyme disease, but I certainly understand brain fog.

Yolanda is beautiful and loaded. We have never seen Yolanda show any interest in charity that doesn't somehow impact her personally. But the fact that she is actually attacking LVP in her blog for Lisa's commitment to animal rights and suggests that Lisa has empathy for animals and not humans is bullshit. And then to further suggest that Lisa does it to shine attention on Lisa is so hypocritical.

To say I'm over Yolanda is an understatement.

Her2 nu breast cancer, estrogen positive? I was in your shoes 6 years ago and I know it suuuuucks. it really does get better , I promise.

• Love 6

David F wanted a trophy wife

Little did he know it'd change his life?

A broken back, delivering her child

And now the Lyme, Ain't that wild?

Lemon cleanse an almond for dinner?

A warm colonic, That's a winner?

Yo's feeling sick, that's for sure

Let's walk the planet, To find that cure!

It's not that, It must be this!

Exploding implant, it's what's amiss

I can't take walks in the Cali smog

I blame it all on mental fog

A white robe and a photo of self

another of a drug filled shelf

A poster board will all her ills

another one of all the pills.

Is her sickness, real of fake?

It way more than I can take!

It's her breasts! or her teeth

I think the problem lies beneath!

It may be invisible, but we'll find

It lies inside, her fucked up mind!

Don't do sports, yoyo says!

You might turn, become a lez?!?!?

Eat an almond, don't eat cake

a colonic now, is what to take

An IV line, or tons of pills

Or take your ass, to get it chilled

Acupuncture, hepatitis from that?

Salmonella from a biting gnat?

Lyme disease from a fly-

is there a story, you won't try

You may be ill, but what's more

We think you are, an attention whore

But we aren't buying all your shit

you even lie about staying fit

And the story to make things worse

You hire a hooker, to be your 'nurse'

There's just one thing we have to say

Yoyo, please, go the fuck away?

This is gold. It's even better if you imagine it being performed by Sir Mix-A-Lot.

AttackTurtle, I wish you all the best for a successful treatment and outcome.

• Love 5

I wish Yo was articulate about Lyme and less self involved because she really could do a lot of good. Sigh.

This whole season just makes me sigh because they're ALL acting dumb. OC and NJ its expected but not with this group.

• Love 1

I wish Yo was articulate about Lyme and less self involved because she really could do a lot of good. Sigh.

This whole season just makes me sigh because they're ALL acting dumb. OC and NJ its expected but not with this group.

The problem is and has been, for me at least, is that it has never been about Lyme Disease, it has always been about Yolanda. She has never really been about raising awareness on anything other than herself or her kids.

• Love 18

Highlights pretty please because I don't click on inquisitor. Thx!

Here is the article. 

As Rinna explained to co-stars Lisa Vanderpump and Kyle Richards during Season 6, those with Munchausen syndrome fake illnesses in an effort to gain attention and sympathy from others.

After the issue was brought up at the reunion taping, Yolanda Foster reportedly felt overwhelmed by Rinna, Vanderpump, and Richards questioning her about her illness and ultimately left the stage only to return a short time later.

“[Yolanda Foster] was getting very defensive, and started crying, as if that might stop the barrage of questions,” the insider claimed. “It didn’t, and it ended with Yolanda storming off the set. She said she felt ganged up on, and it took more than twenty minutes of producers cajoling Yolanda to get her to agree to come back to the set and finish filming.”

And while many may have thought that Yolanda Foster’s reported breakdown would have softened her co-stars’ behavior towards her, they “didn’t feel sorry that Yolanda felt attacked.”

“Lisa Rinna said she felt Yolanda used her as a scapegoat all season to deflect from what was going on in her failing marriage to David Foster,” the source explained.

In addition to facing questions about her illness, Yolanda Foster was also confronted with questions about her divorce from David Foster, which was announced in December 2015 after four years of marriage.

“Andy Cohen did push [Yolanda Foster] to confess what wrong with the marriage to David,” the source revealed. “Yolanda blamed her illness as a contributing factor leading to the divorce. But she refused to reveal any details beyond the barest of details about the divorce to David. It was frustrating for everyone else, because she just wasn’t willing to discuss the personal details of her life.”

Yolanda Foster was diagnosed with Lyme disease just months after marrying David on November 11, 2011, and ever since, she has been traveling the globe in hopes of finding a cure. She’s also been focused on her three children, Gigi, Bella, and Anwar Hadid, who’ve been traveling to several countries to further their modeling resumes.

Me either,  but I sure want to!! 

• Love 5

I wonder if she goes demonic

when she lacks her daily colonic?

Many pills and citrus drinks

let me tell ya what I thinks?

Yoyo's throwing a pity party

picks and chooses when she's hearty.

She's always up and feeling randy

When hangs with kim and brandi!

When she sick, she does act terse

Then she relies on her 'nurse'

Daisy's no pro or a looker

she's an old retired hooker

Pretend nurse, sounds too lame

But david's out, just the same

Throwing money at a 'cure'

Is she sick, we aren't sure

Munchausen's the word, that's the thought

Her pretend illnesses we haven't bought.

Swelling brain, Frontal lobe?

Just put on your smelly robe!

Take a selfie, you old hag

post it with a dumb hashtag

Proud mommy, Find a cure?

This is more that we can endure!

My poor kids, save them please

They got the lyme, bitten by fleas

Or was it swimming in a lake?

The whole damn story rings as fake.

"Dis award given to me"

Does not help, its silly

It's a party thrown just for me

Paid for by my own family

At the reunion, it's on our mind

That your turd, is only shined

Now that it's begun to smell

I only hope they give you hell.

You try to ice us, with a stare

Make you cry? we don't care

We aren't trying to be 'your homie'

We don't hang with a fucking phony.

• Love 9

That just sounds like a dream so I doubt it happens. I don't want these high expectation and then I will be so let down and pissed that Yolanda isn't confronted with all her bullshit.

I'm a terrible person because I wish it were true but I have a feeling it isn't.

Any tweets or posts from Yo since the reunion filming?

• Love 1

I'm a terrible person because I wish it were true but I have a feeling it isn't.

Any tweets or posts from Yo since the reunion filming?

Yes, but nothing new. Bella this, Bella that (surprisingly no Gigi) and Thanking people for their support. There are very few negative tweets to her, I think she is blocking anyone that calls her out now. LOL

• Love 1

This entire Yolanda story is the craziest, most puzzling reality/real story I've seen on television for a long time.  Is she, isn't she?  Does she, doesn't she?  Who and what to believe?  It is absolutely insane!

The real truth has been batted back and forth on this thread and has been volleyed like a tennis match from one side to another in the press, yet NO PERSON, NO PUBLICATION CAN SOLVE IT!!!  Yolanda has nothing new to say, and David has turned mute.  The children are going about their daily lives, doing their best to highlight their modeling careers and keep their mother in the shadows of all discussions.  What's left?  Are we dealing with a mentally ill/physically ill woman who is being hounded because there is no cure, or are we dealing with one of the most convincing liars in modern history?

Instead of writhing between one decision and another, I think I've reached my own decision, not that it matters to anyone else.  I'm just tired of not knowing.  My guess is that Yolanda had a bout of what I think of as fibromyalgia, menopause, late middle age, maybe a little arthritis, and a mind filled with panic.  My conclusion is based on this, in part: My SIL has had, she claims, "fibromyalgia" for the past 25 years since she married my brother and coincidentally quit working because she supposedly couldn't!  She stays in bed all day and doesn't cook when she doesn't feel like it,  YET, BECAUSE SHE LOVES DOING IT, SHE HAS PLANTED A SIX BLOCK AREA EVERY SUMMER WITH FLOWER GARDENS AND MAINTAINS THEM INTO FALL.  SHE IS KNOWN AS "THE FLOWER LADY" BY OTHER RESIDENTS AND LOVES THE ATTENTION!  This is her 4th marriage.  My brother has become afflicted with a fatal illness and she doesn't have time to care for him, so he's bedridden with no help.  I can no longer believe in Yolanda because I have a Yolanda in my family!!!

All that I can hope for is that there is a place called Hell and that anyone like Yolanda or my SIL winds up there.  They, IMHO, have hurt so many people without caring that it's painful to think about.  Actually, I have a second hope: that they wind up somewhere in a hovel in the wilderness, both ill and rooming together!  Maybe I would allow them one window into Heaven, where they could watch their husbands playing the piano and fishing, and having filet mignon and lobster for dinner.  And -- pity! -- neither Yolanda nor my SIL will be able to show off their latest facelifts.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 14

I watched the clip from tonight's show - the ladies gathered for her NY thing.  She does a TH about Erika and how she the perfect example of what a friend does.  Here's my question.  What does YO do for her friends???  Even before her 14-20-50 years in her white robe in bed.   She has said these women don't do anything for her, don't bring her things, yada yada yada.   What does she do?  Except for standing up for Brandi - and saying she shouldn't be tossed to the curb like a bag of garbage (nice friend), what has she done on any season to show her friendship???   LisaV too busy to come to her stupid painting party - and she slams her for being a "Hollywood" friend.   Complaining that she sat in a limo at Kyle's house and didn't even get offered water.     So, honestly, when did she ever extend friendship that didn't benefit her????   Uh Never.

This cuts to the heart of it for me. She's been on the show for 3 seasons now, and I'm trying to remember her ever showing any real interest in anyone else; in the problems, pain, or issues of another. I cannot even really remember her asking about the others; their family, etc. In every single situation she either throws out judgment ("there is nothing more disgusting than a drunk woman", or "who is Adrienne Maloof in this world"), or makes it all about herself. Every situation and interaction is based on how it impacts her. For me, I feel the same way about Yo that I do about Kim. Yo might be ill just like Kim is an alcoholic. It sucks and I hope they get better. Still, the basis of my dislike for them is because they are both assholes. When they get well/sober, they will still be assholes and I still won't like them. 

• Love 18

Lura the downside of reality TV illness is the audience is handicapped in that they are only allowed to view what the patient wants them to.

Short of Yolanda collapsing and dying on a commercial flight that lands in California where an autopsy and the presence of the neuroborialis  (sp) is able to be isolated, there may never be a confirmation of her illness.  If a hack like Dr. Oz didn't jump on the Lyme Disease-Malibu Edition and make a 1,000 claims and endorse her supplement rich lifestyle, the chances of her seeking out mainstream traditional treatment are remote.

One of two things will happen, she will have some unrelated health issue (like a car accident) and the attending will convince her she has been the victim of a charlatan and should have been treated for X,Y Z.  She will get to be the victim, the perfect victim, having lost her marriage and been further victimized with the same charlatans have diagnosed and LABELED her beloved non-Gigis.   it would make for great reality TV.

The other scenario is her sick schtick will cause her to lose her reality TV contracts and she will figure out really quick that Hollywood friends weren't so bad after all and she better get her ass back to work if she wants the attention she desires.  It will be the story of the hardworking single mom.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 9

There was one or two scenes in Yo's first season where she visited a friend who has ALS.   She was quite kind and how she treated her friend made me like her a lot.    Based on those scenes, I tried really hard to like her still even after started showing some not so nice traits.    

She still posts some pics on Instagram of the friend, mostly with Yo's kids too.    Other than that, yeah, she is pretty hard to take. 

• Love 1

Lura the downside of reality TV illness is the audience is handicapped in that they are only allowed to view what the patient wants them to.

Short of Yolanda collapsing and dying on a commercial flight that lands in California where an autopsy and the presence of the neuroborialis  (sp) is able to be isolated, there may never be a confirmation of her illness.  If a hack like Dr. Oz didn't jump on the Lyme Disease-Malibu Edition and make a 1,000 claims and endorse her supplement rich lifestyle, the chances of her seeking out mainstream traditional treatment are remote.

One of two things will happen, she will have some unrelated health issue (like a car accident) and the attending will convince her she has been the victim of a charlatan and should have been treated for X,Y Z.  She will get to be the victim, the perfect victim, having lost her marriage and been further victimized with the same charlatans have diagnosed and LABELED her beloved non-Gigis.   it would make for great reality TV.

The other scenario is her sick schtick will cause her to lose her reality TV contracts and she will figure out really quick that Hollywood friends weren't so bad after all and she better get her ass back to work if she wants the attention she desires.  It will be the story of the hardworking single mom.

This is it.  Bravo will not invite her back unless she is able to sign a contract requiring her to appear for the same amount of taping as everyone else.  She wants the money and still thinks it will offer her some fame so she will do it.  She will be invited back, for sure.  She triggers too much drama to let her go!   

• Love 2

Gigi is now a USA Today household name.

2aieqti.jpg

The  OTHER Things that Show You Made It are

1) You become a question of Jeopardy - What is the name of the Yolanda Hadid's oldest daughter?

2) Your name becomes a catch-all noun....One of the gigi's..

3) Your surname gets lost and you become a first name.

4) They name a disease after you.....

• Love 7

^ summary is the Yo walked off after being questioned rigorously about Lyme by the Lisas and Kyle.

Yo walked off?

Where does she find the strength?

I had pictured her at the reunion in a bed with an IV. Or a wheelchair. Or Skyping from home/bed.

I lost respect for Yolanda as a mom when she couldn't name what position her son played in football. It's all about you Yo.

I'm surprised she allowed him to play a contact sport!

Something might muss his hair or hurt his pretty (money/star-making) face.

• Love 5
What does she do?

​She takes them along her "journey" of vitamin IVs and cryogenic chambers. Though, the butthole flushes are apparently saved for her besties, Brandi and Kim.

Speaking of, I loved how neither of those two showed up to the Lyme award thingie after Yo had so condescendingly propped them up as being the most supportive friends ever.

• Love 12

I found this article linked to a reddit post. It's about how little Yo contributed to her friend's (with ALS) gofundme page. I skimmed through the comments and now I have questions about the friend...supposedly lives in France and has free health care and is very wealthy....IDK. There seems to be a lot of super sleuths here....maybe someone can shed some light on that.

Anyway it was interesting to see how much Yo donated and how much Kyle and Daisy (lol) gave....didn't see anything from erika, eileen, bg or kim.....the real friends.

http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2016/03/18/yolanda-foster-starts-go-me-fund-for-dying-friend-donates-only-1k/

• Love 3

I found this article linked to a reddit post. It's about how little Yo contributed to her friend's (with ALS) gofundme page. I skimmed through the comments and now I have questions about the friend...supposedly lives in France and has free health care and is very wealthy....IDK. There seems to be a lot of super sleuths here....maybe someone can shed some light on that.

Anyway it was interesting to see how much Yo donated and how much Kyle and Daisy (lol) gave....didn't see anything from erika, eileen, bg or kim.....the real friends.

http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2016/03/18/yolanda-foster-starts-go-me-fund-for-dying-friend-donates-only-1k/

LOL I just read that blog/report and then went to the "gofundmepage" for her. Eileen gave $500. I don't understand it either. France has free healthcare, why does she need $150K for medical expenses? I remember when she visited Yolanda during her first season, it wasn't long after that visit that Yolanda started her "Journey"!

• Love 6

LOL I just read that blog/report and then went to the "gofundmepage" for her. Eileen gave $500. I don't understand it either. France has free healthcare, why does she need $150K for medical expenses? I remember when she visited Yolanda during her first season, it wasn't long after that visit that Yolanda started her "Journey"!

True!

read the comments....it sounds all sounds fishy. The gofundme thing goes to an address in California (Santa Barbara?). Also read that woman's blog comments and instagram---she sounds horrible (racist, elitist)...more then just someone lashing out due to having a fatal illness. Apparently she is really wealthy and has other celebrity friends...so why does Yo want the general public to fund her rich friend with free healthcare. 

Yo gave 1,000$

Kyle gave 1,000

Daisy gave 500 (I think) 

Eileen gave 500 

Erika----

bg---

Kim--

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 2

True!

read the comments....it sounds all sounds fishy. The gofundme thing goes to an address in California (Santa Barbara?). Also read that woman's blog comments and instagram---she sounds horrible (racist, elitist)...more then just someone lashing out due to having a fatal illness. Apparently she is really wealthy and has other celebrity friends...so why does Yo want the general public to fund her rich friend with free healthcare. 

Yo gave 1,000$

Kyle gave 1,000

Daisy gave 500 (I think) 

Eileen gave 500 

Erika----

bg---

Kim--

I think Daisy was 100, what Yolanda pays her for a half hour. LOL

I don't understand why Yolanda even started the go fund me for her to begin with. Also, she started it 3 years ago, right after the woman was on the show (BH) with Yolanda. If the woman is wealthy like she/Yolanda said when she was on and gets free healthcare in France where she lives, why is Yolanda asking money to fund her medical care? Yolanda claims in her intro on the page that this friend ran through all her savings getting care, which again, makes no sense since she lives in France.

It just dawned on me, maybe this money is for nontraditional meds/supplements that are not covered under France's healthcare system. If it is, Yolanda may have that quack Dr in Washington state sending her some of his supplements, or the quack in Alaska where she gets the stuff for herself/kids and that may explain why the address is SB, which is where Yolanda use to live before marrying David. I wonder if she kept a bank account open there? LOL

• Love 7

I think Daisy was 100, what Yolanda pays her for a half hour. LOL

I don't understand why Yolanda even started the go fund me for her to begin with. Also, she started it 3 years ago, right after the woman was on the show (BH) with Yolanda. If the woman is wealthy like she/Yolanda said when she was on and gets free healthcare in France where she lives, why is Yolanda asking money to fund her medical care? Yolanda claims in her intro on the page that this friend ran through all her savings getting care, which again, makes no sense since she lives in France.

It just dawned on me, maybe this money is for nontraditional meds/supplements that are not covered under France's healthcare system. If it is, Yolanda may have that quack Dr in Washington state sending her some of his supplements, or the quack in Alaska where she gets the stuff for herself/kids and that may explain why the address is SB, which is where Yolanda use to live before marrying David. I wonder if she kept a bank account open there? LOL

One of her blogs or instagram pictures was bitching about how her (some ethnicity) caregiver was too busy smoking and always praying to Allah to give her the vitamins she needed (like she couldn't wait until the person was done praying to Allah).

Her tube feeds should have all the vitamins she needs so it does make me think she is also getting quack treatments like IV vitamin C.

Look at what she says about a different care giver

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDECRlZh16A/

This woman reminds me of Yolanda and I can see why they are friends. This rich woman is Yolanda's charity case....wtf, so strange

• Love 4

One of her blogs or instagram pictures was bitching about how her (some ethnicity) caregiver was too busy smoking and always praying to Allah to give her the vitamins she needed (like she couldn't wait until the person was done praying to Allah).

Her tube feeds should have all the vitamins she needs so it does make me think she is also getting quack treatments like IV vitamin C.

Look at what she says about a different care giver

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDECRlZh16A/

This woman reminds me of Yolanda and I can see why they are friends. This rich woman is Yolanda's charity case....wtf, so strange

The caregivers who worked in her home were probably privately employed by her (the home set up probably cost a fair bit), the Instagram is of a nurse at the palliative care centre where Ms O'Connell is going to die. O'Connell insists she's gonna survive this, but guacamole doesn't cure motor neurone diseases. Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 2

The caregivers who worked in her home were probably privately employed by her (the home set up probably cost a fair bit), the Instagram is of a nurse at the palliative care centre where Ms O'Connell is going to die. O'Connell insists she's gonna survive this, but guacamole doesn't cure motor neurone diseases. Cut her some slack.

While it is true that she is dying, and I do feel for her and her family, it is not an excuse for her horrid comments about her caregivers. That said, the old saying "you hurt the ones you love" is applicable here, just remove "you love" with "that care for you" instead. I truly hope she finds peace in her difficult journey.

• Love 5

The caregivers who worked in her home were probably privately employed by her (the home set up probably cost a fair bit), the Instagram is of a nurse at the palliative care centre where Ms O'Connell is going to die. O'Connell insists she's gonna survive this, but guacamole doesn't cure motor neurone diseases. Cut her some slack.

France provides health care and covers the costs of the health care, including home health (at least that is what I have read and been told so I don't know it for a fact). Having a fatal disease can make someone bitchy but her comments are OTT however I can overlook that but not the fact that her health care is covered and she is wealthy and her husband is employed. Also I have worked closely with many ALS patients and most are sweet but like all humans they are not all the same. Cancer patients and ALS patients always seem to affect the nicest people in my experience and my colleagues and I would "joke" about how if a patient was really nice then that was a risk factor for a bad prognosis and considered advising them start being more of an asshole since assholes seemed to live forever (healthcare superstition, but not serious, and gallows humor). Obviously this doesn't apply to everyone and I think it is that the nice patients affected us more so it stuck in our minds.

I cut her slack on her nasty comments but I am suspicious of the request for money. I wouldn't donate to her but would recommend donating to ALS charities. Yo is so sketchy (insert negative adjectives) that I side eye any friend of Yolanda especially one directly asking for money rather than going through a charity. Why isn't the money going to France? Who is going to pay taxes on it in California since it isn't a formal charity? She is wealthy and lives in Provenance (sp?) France and her husband works in Paris (I think they have a home there). Anything Yo touches just seems fishy....I don't trust anything she says or does.

France is covering her medical expenses 100% from what I have read (not sure how valid it is but it seemed accurate)

http://havesomedecorum.blogspot.ca

http://havesomedecorum.blogspot.com/2016/03/houston-we-have-problem.html?m=1

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDF2rcBB17o/

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 2

Ellie O'Connell claims she was fired from her publishing job for not being friendly.   I can respect the fact she is blunt about her condition but her blog directed at Lisar was out of bounds.  This Go Fund Me-geez between she and Yolanda they can't keep a story straight-Yolanda claims she started it and Ellie claims she started it.  Whe I first wrote about this she would have collected under $40,000 in three years-so Yolanda is getting some dollars her way.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 5

Yo has millions why doesn't she fund her friend's health care? Maybe Yo is just an ignorant Hollywood friend with no empetee or private plane. I'm glad the patient was able to get to the bottom of the caregivers problem with Roscea so quickly. She sounds like such a tender and intuitive person, just the milk of human kindness.

• Love 10

France: Health system review. Health Systems in Transition, 2015

"3.4 OOP (Out of pocket) payments

Of the 26.9% share of total health care expenditure not paid/reimbursed by SHI (Statutory Health Insurance), VHI (complementary Voluntary Health Insurance) financed a 13.9% share and patients a 7.5% share in 2011 (WHO, 2013). SHI coverage varies across sectors and thus OOP expenditure on health varies inversely with the level of SHI coverage: 39.6% of OOP expenditure is accounted for by medical goods, 8.2% by hospital care and 35.7% by payments to self-employed health professionals (DREES, 2012). Overall, the level of charges left to the patient is 23.3%, which is often covered by VHI.

In the health and social care sector, OOP payments for residential long-term care services have steadily increased and in 2012 averaged €2892 per month (ATIH, 2014), raising concerns about equity in access to these services."

"Even after complementary insurance, out-of-pocket (OOP; reste à charge) payments from patients themselves account for 7.5% of total health expenditure. This raises issues of equity in access and financing, although this figure remains well below the EU average for OOP payments of 16.1% of total health expenditure"

If Yolanda's friend has been paying €3000 a month on carers alone, it can add up. We don't know how rich her friend really is. And there's likely other out of pocket medical expenses.

Yo has millions why doesn't she fund her friend's health care? Maybe Yo is just an ignorant Hollywood friend with no empetee or private plane. I'm glad the patient was able to get to the bottom of the caregivers problem with Roscea so quickly. She sounds like such a tender and intuitive person, just the milk of human kindness.

If this has truly been Yolanda's BFF for the last 13 years I can see where Yolanda gets her (a) caustic attitude (b) inability to listen © sense of entitlement.

The idea that Yolanda direct tweeted her co-stars to put them on the spot very manipulative. 

I wonder how much time Yolanda spends with Ellie?

• Love 5

Just wanted to add:  I could be on board with her first two sentences as dealing with a frustrating situation in a humorous way - This is my Nurse, Astrid, at the palliative care center. The first day I hated her because she would not give me my cellphone. I had to remind her that this was not an insane asylum.  I found no 'humor' in the rest of her post.  Just cattiness. 

• Love 6

^ she is also a very stupid woman. Due to the nature of her disease process she is going to be very reliant on her caregivers to treat her compassionately. I'm going to assume that they are professional enough to do whatever the job entails. I hope so, for her sake. She is certainly not stacking the deck in her favor. Maybe they will take selfies with her, describing her personal medical condition and post them on the Internet. Ya know, to document the journey.

• Love 7

France: Health system review. Health Systems in Transition, 2015

"3.4 OOP (Out of pocket) payments

Of the 26.9% share of total health care expenditure not paid/reimbursed by SHI (Statutory Health Insurance), VHI (complementary Voluntary Health Insurance) financed a 13.9% share and patients a 7.5% share in 2011 (WHO, 2013). SHI coverage varies across sectors and thus OOP expenditure on health varies inversely with the level of SHI coverage: 39.6% of OOP expenditure is accounted for by medical goods, 8.2% by hospital care and 35.7% by payments to self-employed health professionals (DREES, 2012). Overall, the level of charges left to the patient is 23.3%, which is often covered by VHI.

In the health and social care sector, OOP payments for residential long-term care services have steadily increased and in 2012 averaged €2892 per month (ATIH, 2014), raising concerns about equity in access to these services."

"Even after complementary insurance, out-of-pocket (OOP; reste à charge) payments from patients themselves account for 7.5% of total health expenditure. This raises issues of equity in access and financing, although this figure remains well below the EU average for OOP payments of 16.1% of total health expenditure"

If Yolanda's friend has been paying €3000 a month on carers alone, it can add up. We don't know how rich her friend really is. And there's likely other out of pocket medical expenses.

There seem to be exceptions like with the fully disabled population who are unable to work and require care. To my limited understanding of the financial aspect of it, if you can afford to pay then it is like a sliding scale but if you can't afford it then there are systems in place to cover the care. This particular diagnosis would fall under one of the special populations or exceptions. The link didn't have that much on it on this, despite being quite comprehensive in its scope. To my understanding, if she was totally broke she would get all the health care for free but not the extras like supplements (vitamins not needed since the tube feeds have all the nutrients required).

From your link:

"SHI benefits are the same across the population, although the level of coverage varies under certain circumstances (e.g. 100% coverage for chronic diseases under the ALD programme; see section 3.3.1)."

and

"5.8.2 Long-term care for disabled

About 3.2 million people are registered as disabled in France, of whom 1.8 million are affected by a severe disability that limits their functional autonomy. Disability is measured in terms of an incapacity level, which takes into account the degree of difficulty with daily living. Specific committees for children and for adults at the department level evaluate the degree of incapacity and determine the right to certain benefits. They also have the authority to refer the disabled person to a specialized institution.

Adults

Around 200 000 disabled adults are accommodated in 4800 dedicated facilities. Various institutions provide services for disabled adults with different levels of functional autonomy, 90% of which are private non-profit-making and 10% public. Broadly, speaking, residential centres are linked to sheltered workshops and support people with disabilities who are capable of working during the day. Occupational centres take care of disabled adults who are not capable of working, with various service levels depending on the severity of the disability and the need for care. There are four sources of funding for dedicated facilities

for disabled adults (see section 3.3.4); the health care part is paid by the CNSA on SHI funds while the costs of residential care are charged to the patient and/ or to the general councils of the department. Institutions for the most heavily dependent people are financed entirely by the CNSA. Additionally, the state finances sheltered workshops (Table 5.1)."

Elsewhere someone claiming to be French (I think) said that everyone is required to have private (or supplemental, not sure the turn) insurance that covers whatever isn't covered under the "free healthcare" but that isn't needed with disabling fatal diseases like ALS. However her husband works and so has insurance through his work in addition to the "free healthcare". I was told it was required and sounds like a sliding scale cost (not sure).

Anyway, Yo can pay for her friend and the public can help ALS patients here who have even less health care benefits (cover what Medicare doesn't cover which is plenty). The ALS support groups and charitable organizations are great and often medical devices like hoyer lifts, etc are given to others once one has died. However I have seen them on craigslist and wish they would donate them to an ALS group that would know who really needs it....but that is just my opinion and I'm sure the people selling the used equipment need the $ since we don't have free health care (so likely they have some debt).

edit to add the bolding

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 2

Can you blame Yolanda's friend for wanting to live with her husband and not in an institution?

Yes and no

Her husband works and if they can't afford it (they can) then do like the rest of us do and make do with the options available (more available to her there than here). However if you read her blog and investigated elsewhere I think you would find that she is wealthy. Also she already has her hospital bed, BiPAP machine and all the equipment she needs (hoyer lift) etc.... The cost of a home helper is less than a institution however sometimes a nursing home is the best place for them (less risk of an aide worker/family member hurting themselves trying to turn her whereas at an institution there are more people available).  By the way she quit all of her medicines.  She had been at home and couldn't get along with her home health helpers there either....something about all her animals.... They are wealthy and have wealthy friends. They have a country that pays for her care. The cost of medicine and medical devices is much cheaper over there than it is here. I have the equipment she has (still waiting on one more thing) so I know about the costs. I've had tons of experience with ALS patients. I feel bad that she has ALS but that's it. I also think the gofundme thing is a scam....shit, the woman quit her meds. 

This woman reminds me of Yolanda and no wonder they are friends except this woman has a real (not just psychological) disease (well, she may have co-morbid psychiatric issues but that is the least of her problems in terms of mortality)

Stephen Hawking has ALS and he is one of my heroes!  I've always questioned his diagnosis (he definitely has real disease) due to the abnormally slow progression of his disease. The main thing is preventing aspiration pneumonia (that keeps kicking my ass)--I'm sure he is good with his tube feeds. Hmm, I don't know why she was bitching about her tea....

I'm sure Yolanda would say she is worse off than Stephan Hawking and I'm not just talking about her "brain". I wouldn't be surprised if she said ALS was due to lyme...what a idiot (Yolanda)

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 6

Stephen Hawking has ALS and he is one of my heroes!  I've always questioned his diagnosis (he definitely has real disease) due to the abnormally slow progression of his disease.

I have always wondered about that, too, Vicky.  I think he illustrates just how powerful our minds are.  His desire to continue working and live is the reason he has survived beyond all others with this disease.  I know I would succumb to depression and hopelessness.  I am not built to deal with anything like this.  I would move to Oregon (death with dignity state)

• Love 4