Type keyword(s) to search

Kim Richards: No Escape from Witch Mountain

• Start Topic

Kyle was trying to block Kim from exiting the building. That's why she was pushing to get in front of Brandi and Kim in the hallway. Kyle couldn't block Kim once she was outside, so once they were all outside, Brandi didn't prevent Kyle from talking to her sister. Kyle was kept 4 feet away from Kim for like the 4 whole seconds it took to clear the entrance hallway.

It'd be nice if she got an answer, but Kyle wasn't entitled to an answer.

Kyle couldn't prevent Kim or Brandi from exiting Eileen's house as she was behind them, they were closest to the door, not Kyle. All Kyle wanted to do is talk to Kim, not prevent her from leaving.

No, she isn't and Kim is exempted from being asked a question either. LOL There is nothing worse than sister fights and most people know better than to step in between them unless it is getting physical (which it wasn't). I found it telling that Brandi told Eileen/Vince that she isn't close to her own sister. I wonder how she would feel if someone intentionally tried to make matters worse between them like she does Kyle/Kim?

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 4

Wait a women can't decide that they don't want someone to talk to them. This just gets better and better.

it seems like when it serves XYZ's purpose her being "an inebriated incapable person"  justifies whatever bad decisions made by others regarding her or supposedly in her best interest.  And on the flip side her "inebriated, high state" is no excuse for this that and the other. Also her "inebriated, incapable state" can also be sited when she's being attacked or her wishes are dismissed I mean who owes an addict the right to their own selfish wants like not wanting Kyle to talk to her. I mean basically no matter what the angle usually the fact that Kim is "high, inebriated, an addict, is incapable of making a good decision" will forever trump what's really happening in any situation. No matter what. And this is why I defend Kim so hard because it never seems like anything is ever in her favor. Anything that defends is painted as misplace sympathy and undeserving. Anything that points out her side is undermined by how much damage others have suffered at her hands so whatever Kim's grievances pales in comparison. It's just an endless and merciless gauntlet of dismissiveness that if I were Kim Richards I would probably suck down a hundred bottles of pills by now.

People who don't subscribe to that particular method of dealing with an addict aren't all enablers. Maybe we can find a new name like how about relief givers you know the one's that try their best to make an addict still feel like a person? A human being, with rights and all that. Kim making bad decisions and all that doesn't mean that she's supposed to wake up every day stripped of basic human rights. Sometimes I feel as if we talk about her like she is actually supposed to be denied that 24/7 7 days a week. Yeah that will definitely put her on the road to recovery.

Who is suggesting that Kim should be stripped of her basic human rights? Who is dehumanizing Kim? Who is treating Kim as though she isn't a human being?

Calling Kim out on her unacceptable behavior isn't stripping Kim of her rights as a human being. In fact, it's because I see Kim as human being that I have certain expectations of her. Mainly that she treat other people the way that she would want to be treated. If there's any person on this show who doesn't live by the Golden Rule it's Kim Richards. I don't see Kim as a diseased, helpless animal who is incapable of telling right from wrong. Kim knows better than to treat people the way that she does but she ultimately feels justified and entitled. The fact that she never feels the need to make apologies is a huge character flaw, so things add up for her in a way that they don't necessarily add up with other people. 

As for the idea that it seems like things are "never" in her favor, I couldn't disagree more. Kim is constantly getting nonstop sympathy and that's part of the problem. She doesn't have to deal with consequences the way that many people do because she almost always has somebody who is willing to cover for her. Kim has an incredibly supportive family. She has been able to get people to lie for her, ignore her problems, repeatedly save her job, pay her bills, give her a platform to defend herself, not calling her out on her  obviouslies and inconsistencies, protecting her when she's an embarrassment, having opportunity after opportunity--it's such nonsense that Kim doesn't have a massive amount of things in her favor, not to mention support that other addicts can only dream about.

Everything that I've seen from Kim shows a selfish and entitled woman who has been given opportunity after opportunity only to still cry the blues that she's constantly being treated in a mean and unfair way. I find it to be nauseating. 

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 10

Kyle was trying to block Kim from exiting the building. That's why she was pushing to get in front of Brandi and Kim in the hallway. Kyle couldn't block Kim once she was outside, so once they were all outside, Brandi didn't prevent Kyle from talking to her sister. Kyle was kept 4 feet away from Kim for like the 4 whole seconds it took to clear the entrance hallway.

It'd be nice if she got an answer, but Kyle wasn't entitled to an answer.

Kyle was trying to get close to her sister--could have been right behind, right next to or right in front but we will never know because of bg bodychecking Kyle (and pushing her)

• Love 4

The impression being given is that Kyle basically made herself into an X in front of the door and demanded that Kim stay while Kim was begging her to be let out. 

I'm not even sure why so much emphasis is being placed on Kim wanting to leave when we see that she ultimately didn't want to and chose to stay. Kyle is being hugely criticized for something that is ridiculously minor--trying to get her sister to stay and eat a damned piece of pizza has turned into Kyle treating Kim like a person who isn't entitled to human rights. 

• Love 6

Kyle couldn't prevent Kim or Brandi from exiting Eileen's house as she was behind them, they were closest to the door, not Kyle. All Kyle wanted to do is talk to Kim, not prevent her from leaving.

No, she isn't and Kim is exempted from being asked a question either. LOL There is nothing worse than sister fights and most people know better than to step in between them unless it is getting physical (which it wasn't). I found it telling that Brandi told Eileen/Vince that she isn't close to her own sister. I wonder how she would feel if someone intentionally tried to make matters worse between them like she does Kyle/Kim?

I think the scuffle in the hall with Brandi was Kyle's unsuccessful attempt to get in front of Kim. She couldn't block Kim from exiting because she was prevented from doing so. As for Brandi interfering with Kim and Kyle's relationship, I think the Richards sisters problems are very deep, no alcorexic washed up model and professional scorned woman could make much of an impact either way.
  • Love 2

I think the scuffle in the hall with Brandi was Kyle's unsuccessful attempt to get in front of Kim. She couldn't block Kim from exiting because she was prevented from doing so. As for Brandi interfering with Kim and Kyle's relationship, I think the Richards sisters problems are very deep, no alcorexic washed up model and professional scorned woman could make much of an impact either way.

Yet Kim did end up impacting their relationship. Kim had no problem being besties with a woman who would routinely talk shit about her sister. Brandi went so far as to get upset with Kim when Kim didn't automatically side with her in the driveway on Poker Night. Brandi is the one who put it out there that Kyle supposedly isn't there for Kim at all. Brandi was the one telling the world that there are crazy jealousy issues between the sisters. I thought it was obvious that Brandi had a negative impact on Kyle and Kim's relationship. I could see that Kyle was still reeling from it this season. (Not just Brandi inserting herself into her relationship with Kim but Kathy too.)

Furthermore, Brandi has been very open about her hatred of Kyle. She claims that she's imagined assaulting her. 

Regarding the scuffle at Eileen's--so Kyle is basically being blamed because it's assumed that she was attempting to get in front of Kim as opposed to attempting to talk to her? I feel like this is an instance of Kyle being blamed for something that she didn't even do. 

• Love 4

Yet Kim did end up impacting their relationship. Kim had no problem being besties with a woman who would routinely talk shit about her sister. Brandi went so far as to get upset with Kim when Kim didn't automatically side with her in the driveway on Poker Night. Brandi is the one who put it out there that Kyle supposedly isn't there for Kim at all. Brandi was the one telling the world that there are crazy jealousy issues between the sisters. I thought it was obvious that Brandi had a negative impact on Kyle and Kim's relationship. I could see that Kyle was still reeling from it this season. (Not just Brandi inserting herself into her relationship with Kim but Kathy too.)

Furthermore, Brandi has been very open about her hatred of Kyle. She claims that she's imagined assaulting her. 

Regarding the scuffle at Eileen's--so Kyle is basically being blamed because it's assumed that she was attempting to get in front of Kim as opposed to attempting to talk to her? I feel like this is an instance of Kyle being blamed for something that she didn't even do.

Kyle's mouth was not being restrained. From 4 feet away, Kim would've easily heard whatever Kyle had said, even from behind.
  • Love 3

I disagree. Kyle was trying to talk to Kim and nothing more. We already heard Kyle trying to keep the conversation off mic in the bathroom and there is nothing to indicate that she wouldn't do the same again had Brandi not blocked her from Kim.

As for their, Kim/Kyle, twisted relationship. It is complicated but Brandi has managed to make it far worse than it ever was before and I do not buy for 1 minute that Brandi really cares about Kim at all. She used Kim as a way to keep the other HWs and we the viewers from seeing how far out of control Brandi had gotten. It is easier to forget that Brandi's drinking/drunk episodes/bad behavior have gotten that bad that she really equaled Kim's drugged up behind because Brandi used Kim to shield herself. And Brandi does hate Kyle that much that she would use Kim to hurt her. Brandi is ruled by her hate, be it towards her ex husband and his new wife, even to the detriment of her/their sons and she has a deep hate for Kyle as well and really could careless about what is best for Kim.

Kyle's mouth was not being restrained. From 4 feet away, Kim would've easily heard whatever Kyle had said, even from behind.

Every time Kyle tried to talk to Kim, to get her attention, Brandi yelled over her and told Kim to keep going.

• Love 6

Brandi was a huge part of the sisters' dynamic Season 5.  Early on Kim was saddled with the sad news that Monty was terminally ill.  Kim's original storyline was to be the planning of her daughter's wedding.  Instead she got two scenes and one of them Kathy as a bitch.  When filming began Kyle went on one of the shopping trips with Kim and ten it was off to Tahoe, by private jet, Spain in a yacht and to meet Yolanda and Brandi and Kim were left behind, with Kim calling Brandi with her troubles.  Brandi became the de facto sister without the benefits. She and Kim were in BH while the rest of cast had families and was traveling. 

Brandi bought into Kim's belief that Kyle wants to make her look bad.  Brandi started this in Paris and  has never let go of it.  Brandi has said terrible things about the sisters-Kim could act, Kyle could not.  Just these comments designed to cause issues.  I doubt Kim has ever uttered those words but Brandi didn't hesitate.

Bottom line Brandi is jealous of Kim's support system and I think deep down resents she made a mess for the two of them and Kim is always allowed to bounce back while Brandi is once again scratching for crumbs and moving into another short term rental.    

I think Kyle's point is she didn't want or need drunk Brandi at that moment.

• Love 5

So it would have been better for Kyle to shout at Kim? All Brandi had to do was not turn it into a physical confrontation. If Kim wants to keep walking and Kyle wants to keep following her, who is Brandi to prevent that? If Kim wanted to walk away and ignore Kyle, then that's fine but Kyle still has the right to go where she wants to go and talk to whoever she wants to talk to. Brandi isn't the person who gets to decide who gets to go where or who is allowed to talk. From my perspective that's what Brandi was trying to do in that moment.

Brandi didn't have to involve herself but instead she chose to use her body when Kyle was using her words. Why is it okay for Brandi to respond to physicality but not okay for Kyle to respond to it? Again, double standard for the people who see Kyle as being the one at fault. 

• Love 2

Didn't Kyle also remain friends with Rinna?

• Love 2

Kyle has remained friends with Rinna but we've at least seen Kyle tell Rinna that she doesn't appreciate her saying a bunch of foul things about Kim. Kyle has written in her blog, she's spoken in interviews, and she's talked to Rinna directly. 

Brandi's viciousness towards Kyle hasn't damaged her relationship with Kim at all. With Kyle and Rinna we can actually see that Rinna's comments have hurt their relationship. Brandi and Kim OTOH are stronger than ever. 

This is a perfect example of Kyle being a more loyal sister to Kim than Kim is to Kyle. 

• Love 5

Lisar and Kyle have not been friendly since last April when Rinna was making fun of Kim on Twitter.  As evidenced by this year, Kyle has said Rinna is not blameless when it comes to Kim and Kyle has expressed displeasure about Rinna's comments on the show specifically Rinna calling Kim gross.  Contrast that with Brandi and her months long hategrams to Kyle and her family and all Kim does is send unicorns, kisses and turtles Brandi's way. The sister highway those two has two very different rules or the road. 

• Love 10

We've already established that Brandi did nothing of the kind. Brandi was not trying to keep Kim from being on camera. That never happened. Brandi was also not doing the right thing by using her body to force Kyle into doing her what she wanted to do. 

Yes, let's all be crystal clear here about that.  Brandi was trying to help Kim stop talking ON CAMERA with Kyle, and that was Kim's choice to make.  Talking to Brandi on camera was something Kim trusted.  Kyle?  Not so much.  For very good reasons, IMHO.

Oh, and Kyle had no right to use her body and grabby hands either.  Walk away.  Brandi, hands full of food, had every right to keep Kyle away, if Kim didn't want that, she would have said so.  She was trying to protect Kim from further humiliating herself, which was obviously what Kyle was trying to accomplish.

This was established? Wouldn't it be opinion?

No, it was certainly not established.  Some people, the same people who adore Kyle, and endlessly post negatively about Kim (and Brandi, and Yolanda, for that matter) have tried to establish it.  It certainly wasn't established for me (or others.)

Yes, it has been established that there were cameras in the car that Brandi wanted to bring Kim to. Brandi was not trying to get Kim away from the cameras as people have repeatedly claimed. The cameras aren't lying. So in that sense, yes, it has been established and can't be argued that Brandi was taking Kim from one on camera situation to another. We saw the evidence on the show. It is also a fact that Kim chose to stay at Eileen's so the idea that she desperately wanted to go home and was being prevented by Kyle from doing that doesn't add up with what happened in reality. 

Again, Kim trusted Brandi, she didn't trust, or want to talk to, Kyle, because Kyle has burned her over and over again on this show.

I'll adjust my observation to Brandi taking Kim away from the cameras to pulling her away from having a fight or argument on camera. I also think that's what is meant when it's mentioned that Brandi was trying to get Kim away from the cameras. As in keeping her off camera and away from additional instigating circumstances so that a fight or anything more embarrassing isn't caught on camera. Basically she's trying to minimize the damage. Plain and simple. Her in the limo with Brandi not antagonizing her on camera vs. Kyle's aggravation with Kim around the other ladies and the cameras. One situation is way more volatile than the other hence the good move it was on Brandi's part to try and just get Kim home and not prolong a very tricky situation.

Exactly.

Wait a women can't decide that they don't want someone to talk to them. This just gets better and better.

it seems like when it serves XYZ's purpose her being "an inebriated incapable person"  justifies whatever bad decisions made by others regarding her or supposedly in her best interest.  And on the flip side her "inebriated, high state" is no excuse for this that and the other. Also her "inebriated, incapable state" can also be sited when she's being attacked or her wishes are dismissed I mean who owes an addict the right to their own selfish wants like not wanting Kyle to talk to her. I mean basically no matter what the angle usually the fact that Kim is "high, inebriated, an addict, is incapable of making a good decision" will forever trump what's really happening in any situation. No matter what. And this is why I defend Kim so hard because it never seems like anything is ever in her favor. Anything that defends is painted as misplace sympathy and undeserving. Anything that points out her side is undermined by how much damage others have suffered at her hands so whatever Kim's grievances pales in comparison. It's just an endless and merciless gauntlet of dismissiveness that if I were Kim Richards I would probably suck down a hundred bottles of pills by now.

People who don't subscribe to that particular method of dealing with an addict aren't all enablers. Maybe we can find a new name like how about relief givers you know the one's that try their best to make an addict still feel like a person? A human being, with rights and all that. Kim making bad decisions and all that doesn't mean that she's supposed to wake up every day stripped of basic human rights. Sometimes I feel as if we talk about her like she is actually supposed to be denied that 24/7 7 days a week. Yeah that will definitely put her on the road to recovery.

Thank you.

Being able to try to see all sides of situations, and react other than by rote, is not a bad thing.  Kim is not the devil.  Kyle, most certainly is not an angel.  Each situation must be judged on it's own to make any kind of sense whatsoever about these two sister's problems, gifts, and issues.

Exactly.  Kyle's NEED to get Kim alone to "talk" when her sister was in absolutely no shape at all for a lecture (on camera) let alone resolution (on camera) and certainly not for a fight, (on camera) which her behavior certainly pointed to is absolutely not valid.  If Kyle WAS worried, or felt it important, leave the damn party and follow her home.  She didn't.  She stayed for yet another "poor Kyle" scene, and the requisite tears and sympathy.  UGH.  She is such a fake.

Yes, Rinna can and does trash Kim if she wants to.  Kyle's best effort is either leaving, which she did ONCE, or looking forlorn, or tearing up, which is her normal go-to, and then object in talking heads where it does her sister no good whatsoever, but SOME people think makes Kyle look better to her fans.

Kyle's pathetic talking heads don't keep Lipsa's mouth shut.  Lipsa does her damage, and then Kyle gets in a talking head, a pretend "SEE!  I'm sticking up for my sister!" bullshit scene, once again, to look "good."  What possible good does that do?  Why not say right then, "Well, Kim didn't send you threatening texts!"  "Well, Kim didn't break a glass or throw one at people!"  Nah, let Lipsa insult her sister all she wants to.  Just be sure to sound "fair" in your talking heads, weeks later. 

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 5

Yes, let's all be crystal clear here about that.  Brandi was trying to help Kim stop talking ON CAMERA with Kyle, and that was Kim's choice to make.  Talking to Brandi on camera was something Kim trusted.  Kyle?  Not so much.  For very good reasons, IMHO.

Oh, and Kyle had no right to use her body and grabby hands either.  Walk away.  Brandi, hands full of food, had every right to keep Kyle away, if Kim didn't want that, she would have said so.  She was trying to protect Kim from further humiliating herself, which was obviously what Kyle was trying to accomplish.

No, it was certainly not established.  Some people, the same people who adore Kyle, and endlessly post negatively about Kim (and Brandi, and Yolanda, for that matter) have tried to establish it.  It certainly wasn't established for me (or others.)

Again, Kim trusted Brandi, she didn't trust, or want to talk to, Kyle, because Kyle has burned her over and over again on this show.

Exactly.

Thank you.

Being able to try to see all sides of situations, and react other than by rote, is not a bad thing.  Kim is not the devil.  Kyle, most certainly is not an angel.  Each situation must be judged on it's own to make any kind of sense whatsoever about these two sister's problems, gifts, and issues.

Exactly.  Kyle's NEED to get Kim alone to "talk" when her sister was in absolutely no shape at all for a lecture (on camera) let alone resolution (on camera) and certainly not for a fight, (on camera) which her behavior certainly pointed to is absolutely not valid.  If Kyle WAS worried, or felt it important, leave the damn party and follow her home.  She didn't.  She stayed for yet another "poor Kyle" scene, and the requisite tears and sympathy.  UGH.  She is such a fake.

Yes, Rinna can and does trash Kim if she wants to.  Kyle's best effort is either leaving, which she did ONCE, or looking forlorn, or tearing up, which is her normal go-to, and then object in talking heads where it does her sister no good whatsoever, but SOME people think makes Kyle look better to her fans.

Kyle's pathetic talking heads don't keep Lipsa's mouth shut.  Lipsa does her damage, and then Kyle gets in a talking head, a pretend "SEE!  I'm sticking up for my sister!" bullshit scene, once again, to look "good."  What possible good does that do?  Why not say right then, "Well, Kim didn't send you threatening texts!"  "Well, Kim didn't break a glass or throw one at people!"  Nah, let Lipsa insult her sister all she wants to.  Just be sure to sound "fair" in your talking heads, weeks later. 

Kim's logic is faulty as usual. If she has a lack of trust with Kyle that she doesn't have with Brandi it's because she's holding Kyle to a different standard than she holds Brandi. Kim knows perfectly well that Brandi did exactly what she was upset at LisaR for doing. It was okay for Brandi to talk about Kim's addiction issues on camera but it hasn't been okay for anyone else. 

It was indeed established that Brandi was not trying to keep Kim from the cameras. 

I have to go back to earlier posts but at least two posters including you claimed that Brandi was trying to get Kim away from the cameras. It wasn't originally presented as Brandi trying to get Kim away from talking to Kyle on camera. That is something that was an adjusted statement that got put out there after clarification came that Brandi wasn't trying to get Kim away from the cameras.

My comment about it already being established was and is perfectly valid because I was responding to quotes that were claiming that Brandi was trying to keep Kim from the cameras. It wasn't until later that another poster (Sincerely Yours or Yours Truly?) amended their statement to say that they were talking about Brandi keeping Kim from having to talk to Kyle on camera. Those are totally different things obviously.

So again, it was indeed established that Brandi was not trying to keep Kim from the cameras. 

The idea that Brandi was trying to keep Kyle and Kim from talking on camera is clearly debatable. Whatever her intentions were she failed on every level because she certainly didn't do Kim, Kyle, or herself any favors. I absolutely disagree that there was anything good about what Brandi was doing from Kim's perspective. She only made the situation worse. JMO. 

When Kim and Kyle did talk after Poker Night, Kim admitted that Kyle is there for her and that Brandi's statements were inaccurate. She didn't have the guts to say this to Brandi's face but the proof is there on camera that it's Kim who has burned Kyle time and time again. Kim has one card to constantly play and that's back in the first season when Kyle confirmed what most viewers already suspected based on Kim's own behavior. With Kim hurting Kyle OTOH there's evidence from every season that she burns her sister and treats her like shit on a regular basis. 

Kyle's efforts with Rinna on behalf of Kim are a lot more than Kim has ever done with Kyle. Again, one more example of Kyle making the effort whereas Kim couldn't care less and can't be bothered. There are multiple examples of Kyle demonstrating that she's unhappy with Rinna's treatment of Kim. Not the case with Kim defending Kyle to Brandi. Kim seems to actually enjoy the fact that Brandi doesn't like Kyle. Kyle OTOH hates that there's conflict between Kim and Rinna. The evidence speaks for itself. Kyle tries harder to be a better sister to Kim than Kim is to Kyle. There are examples from every single season. 

It isn't Kyle's fault that she can't control Lisa Rinna. 

I also disagree that Kim has any issues with trusting Brandi but not Kyle on camera. She's still perfectly happy to film with her sister and obviously wants her spot back on the show. 

• Love 4

I made the mistake about the cameras in the limo, but that was not the point.  It was, as I clearly stated above, getting Kim away from KYLE, for a discussion/fight/proof/whatever, because Kim was in no way capable to take on Kyle that evening.  At all.

Cameras with someone friendly and sympathetic to Kim, someone she trusted?  Fine, not a problem.

Cameras with someone like Kyle, who has already torn her to shreds repeatedly to improve her own image, or please BRAVO.  Problem.

It would be like letting a tiger "play" with your sedated toy poodle.  It wasn't a fair fight, and Brandi got her out of there for that reason.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 3

I made the mistake about the cameras in the limo, but that was not the point.  It was, as I clearly stated above, getting Kim away from KYLE, for a discussion/fight/proof/whatever, because Kim was in no way capable to take on Kyle that evening.  At all.

Cameras with someone friendly and sympathetic to Kim, someone she trusted?  Fine, not a problem.

Cameras with someone like Kyle, who has already torn her to shreds repeatedly to improve her own image, or please BRAVO.  Problem.

It would be like letting a tiger "play" with your sedated toy poodle.  It wasn't a fair fight, and Brandi got her out of there for that reason.

Where does this "taking on Kyle" come from? Kyle didn't attack Kim in any way shape or form that night, it was the other way around.

Someone like Kyle? You mean her sister, the one left cleaning up the mess's Kim leaves in her wake? Really, how has Kyle "torn her to shreds to repeatedly improve her own image"? Yes, Kyle said the unspoken on camera season 1 in the limo where she called Kim an alcoholic after Kim called Kyle a thief. Is it Kyle's fault that Kim makes a fool of herself time and time again on camera or is it Kim's responsibility because from where I sit, it is all Kim. The fight was between Brandi and Kyle, not between Kyle and Kim at Eileen's house. Once again, Kim went after Kyle, blindsided her in front of the other HWs and Brandi inserted herself into something that was not her business and she did so only to hurt Kyle, not to protect Kim.

• Love 10

She was trying to protect Kim from further humiliating herself, which was obviously what Kyle was trying to accomplish.

First off Brandi and Kim had made wholesale asses out of themselves long before they adjourned the poker table.  Having Brandi save Kim from humiliating herself-that ship had sailed and Brandi was at the helm.  The fact Brandi was no longer amused by Kim's idiocy does not promote her to caretaker.

Second, since Kyle and Kim were not able to have a conversation without Brandi's interference we will never know which way the conversation would have gone.  Since when does an addict get a pass because the are under the influence?  That is on Kim not Kyle and not something Brandi should have been screwing with.  If any took advantage of Kim's intoxicated state it was Brandi for her little hate agenda.  Once again, why does Kyle have to leave a party for Kim?  As it turned out Brandi and Kim refused to leave the party.  Brandi had sufficiently upset Kyle that she left.   

Lastly, Kyle has asked Lisar to stop. She has done so on two occasions and on the third she left the conversation.  Lisar has acknowledged on film, her continuing to talk about Kim is and has damaged their friendship-a friendship of many years outside the RHOBH.  Kyle cannot do anything else to stop Lisar.   I would think by Kyle leaving the table the lips of Lisar would have stopped flapping but they didn't.  It is on Lisar and Lisar alone.  She put her need to yap above a pretty long term friendship with Kyle.  If Kyle does not want Lisar to talk about Kim, she cannot bring up Lisar mal behavior and then demand the conversation end.  if the other woman don't already know about the rift between Lisar and Kim they should watch last year's episodes.

• Love 8

When Kim is supposedly sober she is a dumbass.  Imagine going to your sister's new house and erupting into some story about using the mom's house Kyle and Mauricio had bought  as the base for the new house.  To say she could never get anything out of the house because Kyle sold it so quickly then Kim gets caught in a lie about her daughter for some unknown reason wanting part of the commission and she starts screaming Kyle is lying.   You can't fix stupid or heal years of stupidity.  Kim creating her own stories is not Kyle's fault it is on Kim.  Kim could have just enjoyed Kyle's new house.

Kim started the situation at Eileen's-Kyle did not.  Kyle left the table so as not to antagonize Kim and Brandi with her mere presence. Kim is not falling down intoxicated-she is aggressive and nasty-sedation would be a blessing. The idea behind this whole deal is first you don't take the pill, if you do fade into the background, if you slip up, apologize and admit to what you did.  Brandi did not get Kim anywhere but into yet another filmed moment Kim regrets.  This is why drunks should not hang together.  Kim and Brandi when under the influence tend to go to the nasty side not the happy side. 

I think at the time in their lives Kim was angry at Kyle and her priorities.  Priorities are a personal preference.  That summer Kyle's priorities were her immediate family and spending time with them and they chose to spend it traveling.  Kim's priorities needed to Monty and that proved to be to big a burden for her to bear.    

I think Kyle would rather have fifty moments of the sisters shopping or being around their kids than one with she and Kim going at it. 

• Love 7

First off Brandi and Kim had made wholesale asses out of themselves long before they adjourned the poker table. Having Brandi save Kim from humiliating herself-that ship had sailed and Brandi was at the helm. The fact Brandi was no longer amused by Kim's idiocy does not promote her to caretaker.

Second, since Kyle and Kim were not able to have a conversation without Brandi's interference we will never know which way the conversation would have gone. Since when does an addict get a pass because the are under the influence? That is on Kim not Kyle and not something Brandi should have been screwing with. If any took advantage of Kim's intoxicated state it was Brandi for her little hate agenda. Once again, why does Kyle have to leave a party for Kim? As it turned out Brandi and Kim refused to leave the party. Brandi had sufficiently upset Kyle that she left.

Lastly, Kyle has asked Lisar to stop. She has done so on two occasions and on the third she left the conversation. Lisar has acknowledged on film, her continuing to talk about Kim is and has damaged their friendship-a friendship of many years outside the RHOBH. Kyle cannot do anything else to stop Lisar. I would think by Kyle leaving the table the lips of Lisar would have stopped flapping but they didn't. It is on Lisar and Lisar alone. She put her need to yap above a pretty long term friendship with Kyle. If Kyle does not want Lisar to talk about Kim, she cannot bring up Lisar mal behavior and then demand the conversation end. if the other woman don't already know about the rift between Lisar and Kim they should watch last year's episodes.

When one to them is angry, how do these unplanned Kyle and Kim conversations usually go? Going by the history of this show, this hypothetical would've likely ended up with the full waterworks and Richards style finger pointing. Nothing would be resolved. I bet the odds of that outcome are far higher than the odds of Kyle falling down the two step stairs and cracking her head open.
  • Love 5

When one to them is angry, how do these unplanned Kyle and Kim conversations usually go? Going by the history of this show, this hypothetical would've likely ended up with the full waterworks and Richards style finger pointing. Nothing would be resolved. I bet the odds of that outcome are far higher than the odds of Kyle falling down the two step stairs and cracking her head open.

Even when Kim is completely blasted, we've seen that she and Kyle are able to talk with each other. In season 2 at the SUR party, Kim was loaded out of her mind and being mean to Kyle. Yes, there were tears but they ended up being able to talk it out. Brandi prevented something like that from happening. We've seen Kyle just let it go with Kim. When Kim created a scene at the opening of The Agency, Kyle told Kim that she didn't have to be rude to her and she left it at that even though Kim was ridiculously rude as usual. We've seen Kim being willing to open up to Kyle on camera and even admit when things aren't good. Brandi prevented them from attempting to work it out even though Kim briefly seemed open to trying until Brandi guilt tripped her and made it seem like Kim was choosing Kyle over her.

There isn't one thing about Brandi's behavior on Poker Night that makes me think that she was looking out for Kim's best interests.

• Love 8

The sad thing about it is one does not have to be in a visible state of anger.  The conversations just go from zero to tears/and anger.  I think Kyle's tears are just as real as Kim's anger.  At some point Kim got her way by blowing up and being placated and crying Kyle garnered sympathy by dealing with angry Kim.  Kyle said to Kim there are things she has to work on.  And that should not become-"see it is all Kyle's fault."  I don't think Kyle is realistic in keeping this ever growing family together.  I think it is now about here is our nuclear family growing (at least Kim and Kathys) and here is the time we set aside for big family events.   Huge difference with empty nest Kathy an Kim compared to Kyle with two at home. The bigger question is why does Kim still want to talk about the house or for that matter Kim about Brandi? Granted Brandi makes Kyle and her family miserable.  To me, both sister need to advise their friends the days of splitting the sisters up is over.  There is too much at stake for Kim.

• Love 5

I didn't see Brandi do anything but make the situation worse and more volatile than it had to be. Brandi didn't spare Kim from anything nor did she get Kim away from what I saw. She made the situation escalate in every way that she could based on what I saw. She was loud, she continued to get physical, and she disregarded Kim's feelings when Kim didn't respond in the way that she wanted her to. 

• Love 6

Even when Kim is completely blasted, we've seen that she and Kyle are able to talk with each other. In season 2 at the SUR party, Kim was loaded out of her mind and being mean to Kyle. Yes, there were tears but they ended up being able to talk it out. Brandi prevented something like that from happening. We've seen Kyle just let it go with Kim. When Kim created a scene at the opening of The Agency, Kyle told Kim that she didn't have to be rude to her and she left it at that even though Kim was ridiculously rude as usual. We've seen Kim being willing to open up to Kyle on camera and even admit when things aren't good. Brandi prevented them from attempting to work it out even though Kim briefly seemed open to trying until Brandi guilt tripped her and made it seem like Kim was choosing Kyle over her.

There isn't one thing about Brandi's behavior on Poker Night that makes me think that she was looking out for Kim's best interests.

The sad thing about it is one does not have to be in a visible state of anger. The conversations just go from zero to tears/and anger. I think Kyle's tears are just as real as Kim's anger. At some point Kim got her way by blowing up and being placated and crying Kyle garnered sympathy by dealing with angry Kim. Kyle said to Kim there are things she has to work on. And that should not become-"see it is all Kyle's fault." I don't think Kyle is realistic in keeping this ever growing family together. I think it is now about here is our nuclear family growing (at least Kim and Kathys) and here is the time we set aside for big family events. Huge difference with empty nest Kathy an Kim compared to Kyle with two at home. The bigger question is why does Kim still want to talk about the house or for that matter Kim about Brandi? Granted Brandi makes Kyle and her family miserable. To me, both sister need to advise their friends the days of splitting the sisters up is over. There is too much at stake for Kim.

Believe it or not, Kyle can get angry. Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 5

Believe it or not, Kyle can get angry.

I agree and the cycle we have seen is Kim getting angry, making wild accusations, Kyle getting upset and crying and then angry.  At some point this mechanisms were proven winners for these ladies and they have carried through middle age.  I believe Kyle when she said there were things she had to work on and I would guess it is anger and forcing Kim to take an inventory of her behavior.

• Love 1

I think Kyle is a mad crier. For some people sad is easier than mad.

ETA at least Kyle expressed displeasure with Lisar and the others talked smack about Kim. When Brandi talked smack Kim ignores it and claims she never heard it.

Edited by nc socialworker
  • Love 6

Damn! Sorry this is so long... :-)

I'm amazed that this isn't evident. We've seen Kyle confront Kim IN FRONT of the cameras on a good number of occasions. After Kim's addiction was outted it seemed to happen at least twice a season. All this Kyle covers mics, Kyle's shown discomfort, is hesitant.... No.  I'm sorry. Those are the moments when she's mindful of not just Kim but how SHE will come across. Hey I have no problem with that either but I'm not giving her brownie points for it or using it as an absolute gauge on how Kyle is ALWAYS looking out for Kim and can't possibly have a moment where she's thinking fuck it. Let it come out, I don't give a rats ass how it makes Kim look and then ACTS on it. And that's okay too. I just wish Kyle would be real about THOSE moments too.

I will say that of course I do believe that a lot of the raw emotion is real but I also think its that raw emotion that has Kyle taking no prisoners and even welcomes the cameras at times like the one's where she's having it out with her sister when she's in an inebriated state. Now look, to be honest as much as I can't stand Kyle I can actually UNDERSTAND this. In the earlier seasons after it Kim's addiction came out her outbursts towards Kim were more organic than anything else but it was also still vicious of her to kick off a Kim spanking at a table full of outsiders and a camera crew. I think the season two Kyle was an extension of the limo Kyle where she was just going balls to the wall on Kim's addiction based on pure frustration, being fed up with filters and years of pent of resentment. I completely disapproved how that went down but what really got me wasn't that she felt that way. Oh God no. It was the way she was allowing it to let her punish her sister to a whole different degree and publicly.  Now with that said I've never wanted to deny Kyle her feelings as the sister of an addict or take anything away from her pain but I felt it was totally justified to CRITICIZE what she, KYLE allowed it to become. And what SHE released upon Kim and how. It's a valid point of view.

There is more than enough information and footage that lends credulance to the idea that Kyle isn't always Kim's biggest cheerleader and the idea that Kyle would NEVER do anything to hurt her is ridiculous. They're sisters sure but they are also human AND we've seen the footage. But what really annoys the crap outta me is that we can't just acknowledge that as the day is long Kyle as well as Kim are flawed. Why can't that be? It's not that anyone is denying Kyle what she's been through or the hurt that is a proven and believable part of her life. The problem most have with Kyle is that she's conniving and as the seasons have gone on she's managed to channel her frustrations and resentment in ways that are dishonest and hurtful to Kim while pretending she's her biggest supporter.  It's not that she can't have her feelings or want to smash windows in anger (Little House on the Prairie style) it's that she seems to want to be upset, hurt, angry, pissed, annoyed or resentful without wanting to show us her "ugly cry". She's so desperate to keep up fronts that she dispenses her feelings about Kim is very calculated ways. Whenever something slips out or comes out that's negative about how she handles Kim or deals with Kim, anything that isn't PR and PC approved by Kyle her panties get in a twist, she's defensive and  what bothers me the most is she uses Kim as a scape goat whether it be by putting her on the spot, confronting her, or making sure that her WORSE behavior is not forgotten by putting it front and center in order to counter whatever backlash she feels she may receive over this that or the other. It's happened already.

This is one of the things that bothered Kyle about Brandi. Bless that woman's heart I did root for Brandi cause I saw exactly what Brandi was trying to express I groaned inwardly though once I realized the messenger was this hot mess chic which was a plus for Kyle since no one took Brandi's assertions seriously. I don't think it's necessarily that Kyle wants to hurt Kim I take it that Kyle's so superficially worried about coming off looking bad that if throwing Kim under the bus is what she needs to do in that moment in order to keep from being the villian then so be it. That is what has always been my issue with Kyle regarding Kim. It's not that I don't think she cares for her sister or any of that it's just that she cares about her own image more and if a situation creeps up where Kyle isn't coming off like a rose.. Well she can't have that so she has to make sure that everyone remembers who the addict is and just how bad her behavior has been just in case anyone starts shifting their side eye from Kim to Kyle.

I get it, it's an instinctive thing and I think it's more of a selfish, protect yourself thing more than it's a "I wanna hurt Kim" thing. Which is why we then see the authentic feeling between them afterwards. This is all a part of Kyle's mean-girl-itis and no one's safe not even her sister and this is when I noticed Kims reactions to her. I recognize them all to well and that is as someone who has to watch her step cause the mean girl in Kyle will lash out and I think Kim was surprised and shocked that Kyle actually let it happen on the show to such a damaging degree. All the arguments they had where Kim was telling Kyle that she hurt her too..etc.etc. the betrayal, the broken trust. I believe that these sisters have been going at it like that for years. Both giving as good as they gave but the difference now/ The camera. Hey, reality tv I get it and to some extent I think Kim gets it too and yeah it's understandable that Kyle slipped up and let the frustration come out but it's the continued below the belt hits that's Kyle can't seem to keep from presenting on camera that I think Brandi was thinking of when trying to get Kim out of that particular situation.

I have to say it I think Kyle's that much of a mean girl that she does get a bit of pleasure when she shuts down an opponent in that "no one better come for me" teenage, cheerleader immature way. I think a big part of the sister's strife is that issues and problems and pain aside Kim didn't think that Kyle would go to that level with her. It's like when the popular cheerleader/prom queen turns on her second in command.. and I hate to put it in such childish terms but what I see is a classic case of this. Kyle is in a tricky position so she will do everything in her power to clean up whatevers been tainted of her image and if that means being extra transparent about Kim's issues in order for her to save a bit of face through sympathy and understanding of what SHE'S had to go through then by golly that's just what she'll do. Can't get that sympathy if she doesn't betray some of that trust but no worries there's the cloak of "keeping secrets too long" that gives Kyle a pass on that and better believe Kyle's knows it.

Hence, some unnecessary and what seemed to be forced public confrontations with Kim. Or if not forced, easily avoidable had Kyle not pursued or pushed the situation into an uncomfortable or violatile direction. This is what a lot of us saw at Poker night. That wasn't about concern. That was a battle of wills. Kim was going to leave the night on a note that Kyle acted against Kim, and there was no way shape or form our Kyle would have that. She wasn't going out like that so what does she do? She needs to get to the bottom of it. Needs to make sure she'll be the one capable of the parting shot. Just get Kim into some conversation where Kyle ends up looking like the victim and can reinforce what a burden Kim is on her

Maybe something that referred to her inebriated state. You know something like "oh really, I've fucked up on you Kim?, ummmm how about you're high right now and don't even know what you're talking about". I wouldn't put it passed Kyle to blurt something like this just in the name of having the last word and not being the bad guy.  I have a feeling that Kyle wins a good amount of fights with Kim that way. She did it in the limo. When she's tired of the mess Kim is spewing or feels like she' in a corner she comes in with the dagger just to make it clear who the mess is and who isn't.  After the backlash of season one though she had to figure out a new way to do this so that she doesn't just seem cold hearted so that's where we now need to have "the conversations" and just let Kim shoot herself in the foot. Or at least set the scene up for Kyle to frog cry a zinger in there at the right moment. Usually unnecessary though cause it's not hard to talk Kim in circles until she doesn't know what day of the week it is. Remind you of yet another on camera conversation????

So in closing.. LOL. There are those of us who notice that although Kyle does exhibit behaviors that are "protective" of Kim when Kyle is defending herself that protectiveness goes out the window and anything goes. Like when Kyle confronted Brandi at the next party and Brandi was talking about Kim calling Brandi at night and Kyle stealthly drops the comment "wanna talk about what those calls are about"....? When Kyle's being put in a negative light it's no holds barred and Kyle will come out swinging even if it means knocking Kim out even if she isn't the person in the ring with Kyle. This is when I really realized that Brandi was right on the money. Sure, Kyle doesn't run around and "out" her sister left and right and she can get protective but pay attention to the times where Kyle's being painted in a negative light and see how quick she's implying this, insinuating that, dropping clues and letting information "slip" out (Nicky's wedding..???) She drops dimes all the time when her good sister reputation is at risk she's just been getting more and more subtle about it after that limo revelation and there have been more and more cast mates ready and willing to take the Kim talk off her hands anyway.

Hate to admit it but Brandi sure did have Kyle's number about that. 100%

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 6

Perhaps a review of the posts would give you the clarity you are looking for posters' comments regarding Kyle's flaws.  The posts range from Kyle being the bad sister to Kyle admitting she has work to do in her relationship with Kim. 

Kyle and Kim are both aware of when cameras are up.  From Kyle and Kim's last conversation it is pretty clear when they have a blow up, Kim stops communicating off camera.  That leaves two people working together who have to communicate and that is going to be on camera.  Unfortunately often times Kim is under the influence, and this has been going on since Season1, Season 2 and in Paris in Season 3, Kim dumping on Kyle only later to have LVP pull the phony sobriety rug out from under Kim. Kyle was there to pick up the pieces, Brandi dumped on Kyle, Yolanda dumped on LVP-all over little old Kim and her drinking/drugging.   Only Ken commented on Kim Season 4 in Puerto Rico for yet another slip and it was not made to Kim.

Without getting into work hours and contract law-what stopped working for Kim after Seasons 1 and 2, is Kim was being held accountable by the entire cast to show up.  As in go to her room and wake her ass up, accountable.  I was proud of Kim when she addressed the situation head on with Yolanda Season 3 when she stated Kim had stood her up three times. Kim stood her ground about never having committed to shooting those dates. 

This last blow up between the sisters was over a dog, a dog.  A dog that had previously bitten four people.  An under the influence Kim decided to go to war with her sister and her family over a dog.  Kyle wasn't all that hard on Kim for the pain medication slip up.  I believe what Kyle was trying to get across to Kim is be careful of your secrets with Brandi.  Brandi thought nothing of injuring three small children to out Adrienne's surrogacy over the guise of proving Adrienne lied.  Three small children as casualties, of course Kyle was concerned for Kim and her friendship with Brandi.  Kim got so carried away over a dog she threatened her niece.  This is over her dog-a dog she claimed Monty loved.  Monty wasn't even living with Kim any longer he had moved on.  Kim never once thought of her niece or her injuries.  It is Kim who decided that Kyle was trying to increase Instagram followers and various other frays into insanity.

At some point Kim, if she chooses to continue must admit, she is not humorous with her turtles, or disguises or anything else she finds cute.  She also needs to dial it down about five levels when advocating  be it herself  or anyone else.  She and Brandi made a terrible team last season and things haven't looked up in the off season for the two of them. Now the fascinating thing is Yolanda laying claim to Kim being a better friend to Yolanda than the rest of the combined.  Anybody think Kim was tending to Yolanda's needs from last season until they filmed together this season.

• Love 8

Maybe Yolanda doesn't like the Ki-King ways of Kyle and Vanderpump.

I know Yolanda is that bitch who keeps eating those crackers but for me I simply chalk a lot of Yolanda's frustration with the women up to her rightly being offended at the idea that they are more interested in having little Ki-King bonding moments with each other regarding her and her condition than they do investing any real or true friendly concern by being more present as real friends usually are. I mean I can wish her well all the way from Virginia and hope she feels better too but if she were someone I knew personally then "we're thinking of you in spirit" doesn't really cut it.  I think I understand what she means when she says they haven't really made an effort. I don't think she wants flowers or balloons but if they are going to be hands off for the most part then her illness isn't something for them to be constantly discussing or speculating about especially not under the very flimsy guise of being "concerned".

Like it or not there is something to be said about friends who actually show up, visit, call, inquire how you're doing. Hell I do it on facebook, instagram, text message to even distant friends but I make it a point to reach out in some deliberately PERSONAL way from time to time to let them know that I specifically thinking of them and our personal connection even though we don't see each other regularly and our last few forms of communication has been in the form of a few facebook likes, a comment here and there on a instagram photo. I also inbox, and try to incorporate personalized interaction every so often just to reiterate that I'm still invested in the relationship. It's easy to loose sight of the personal touches and with someone like Yolanda, well she's the type that doesn't let those little details get passed her. Are those type of people more frustrating? Sure but at the same time so are people who want to be able to slack and be not taken to task for their laziness in a friendship. I've always kinda liked Yolanda's stance on that whole Hollywood friend description she had.

I don't think it's hard to believe that Kim and Brandi basically stay in touch with Yolanda in different ways and probably rather consistently or if not regularly. And tell you what it isn't hard to create that "invested friend" fell without much effort either. Pointed tweets, likes on instagram, a few social media comments here and there then follow up with a personal text once in a while and viola a continuous line of communicate personal enough to win over even the most needy of friends. I'm not surprised Brandi's able to pull it off and I think Kim's appeal to Yolanda would be that she's also a "struggling" patient so they can commiserate over that.....

Just sayin' I ain't mad at someone cause they aren't on the same lighthearted, passing fancy, sort of acquaintance ride Lisa V and Kyle are on. Sure it's possible Kyle's a good loyal friend but is she really that solid at this point of her life where new friends are approached with the same level of effort as her long established friendships? Or are new friends never going to really get to that deep a place with her? With regards to Lisa V that answer is evident and when it comes to Kyle I get a feeling that she's not handing out that sort of dedication as much anymore since her card is most likely full, ya know with the Faye's and the Bethenny's of the world.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 3

I know Yolanda is that bitch who keeps eating those crackers but for me I simply chalk a lot of Yolanda's frustration with the women up to her rightly being offended at the idea that they are more interested in having little Ki-King bonding moments with each other regarding her and her condition than they do investing any real or true friendly concern by being more present as real friends usually are. I mean I can wish her well all the way from Virginia and hope she feels better too but if she were someone I knew personally then "we're thinking of you in spirit" doesn't really cut it.  I think I understand what she means when she says they haven't really made an effort. I don't think she wants flowers or balloons but if they are going to be hands off for the most part then her illness isn't something for them to be constantly discussing or speculating about especially not under the very flimsy guise of being "concerned".

I could buy this if Yolanda hadn't rebuffed the efforts LVP made to see her in the off season. Sounds like LVP reached out to her several times to see if she was up for a visit and each time Yolanda declined. We know that Kyle did make the efforts to go see Yolanda once filming began, but it also seems that Yo really didn't want LVP to show up for her and show support so much as she wanted to be able to complain about LVP "not being there" for her. 

• Love 7

Like it or not there is something to be said about friends who actually show up, visit, call, inquire how you're doing. Hell I do it on facebook, instagram, text message to even distant friends but I make it a point to reach out in some deliberately PERSONAL way from time to time to let them know that I specifically thinking of them and our personal connection even though we don't see each other regularly and our last few forms of communication has been in the form of a few facebook likes, a comment here and there on a instagram photo. I also inbox, and try to incorporate personalized interaction every so often just to reiterate that I'm still invested in the relationship. It's easy to loose sight of the personal touches and with someone like Yolanda, well she's the type that doesn't let those little details get passed her. Are those type of people more frustrating? Sure but at the same time so are people who want to be able to slack and be not taken to task for their laziness in a friendship. I've always kinda liked Yolanda's stance on that whole Hollywood friend description she had.

I don't think it's hard to believe that Kim and Brandi basically stay in touch with Yolanda in different ways and probably rather consistently or if not regularly. And tell you what it isn't hard to create that "invested friend" fell without much effort either. Pointed tweets, likes on instagram, a few social media comments here and there then follow up with a personal text once in a while and viola a continuous line of communicate personal enough to win over even the most needy of friends. I'm not surprised Brandi's able to pull it off and I think Kim's appeal to Yolanda would be that she's also a "struggling" patient so they can commiserate over that.....

Just sayin' I ain't mad at someone cause they aren't on the same lighthearted, passing fancy, sort of acquaintance ride Lisa V and Kyle are on. Sure it's possible Kyle's a good loyal friend but is she really that solid at this point of her life where new friends are approached with the same level of effort as her long established friendships? Or are new friends never going to really get to that deep a place with her? With regards to Lisa V that answer is evident and when it comes to Kyle I get a feeling that she's not handing out that sort of dedication as much anymore since her card is most likely full, ya know with the Faye's and the Bethenny's of the world.

She can't complain about things she wouldn't allow. She kept the others at arms length, no the other way around and 1 has to ask why she did that. Most of these women have jobs outside filming, LisaV/multiple restaurants, Kyle/store/small kids, LisaR/clothing line/teen daughters and Eileen/soap role/young preteen son, so that they tried to make room to visit her and she stopped them (we know she did LisaV) is on her, not the other women. 

• Love 7

She can't complain about things she wouldn't allow. She kept the others at arms length, no the other way around and 1 has to ask why she did that. Most of these women have jobs outside filming, LisaV/multiple restaurants, Kyle/store/small kids, LisaR/clothing line/teen daughters and Eileen/soap role/young preteen son, so that they tried to make room to visit her and she stopped them (we know she did LisaV) is on her, not the other women. 

I guess I'm not exactly sold on the "attempts" made. Especially since there really is not strong enough information available to determine the level of effort actually made. <shrug>

• Love 4

Yolanda said a text wasn't enough. So I don't see how Kim could find time to do more then text given all of her time spent caring for Monty, dealing with Kingsley, drinking, pill popping, wild times in Mexico, several arrests and rehab(s). Sure (lol) Kim hung out with Yo (when Yo wasn't off galavanting around the world) 

• Love 5

I hope everyone reads this all the way through, and if possible, not in a debate team way.  By that I mean, it's easy to get in a back and forth and approach when what people are saying here as "picking apart points" rather than truly hearing what people are saying.  That is totally understandable, but more like an argument and less like a conversation about a bunch of rich women, who sell their lives for our "entertainment."

I know it's long, but, for me, in so many places it expresses how I see it as well, only with a great deal more patience and overall insight.  I'm going to bold a couple of places, not because I don't think this entire post is a thing of beauty, but because certain things say seem especially perfect.  Actually I realized I'd be pretty much bolding the whole thing, tried to limit it.

I'm amazed that this isn't evident. We've seen Kyle confront Kim IN FRONT of the cameras on a good number of occasions. After Kim's addiction was outted it seemed to happen at least twice a season. All this Kyle covers mics, Kyle's shown discomfort, is hesitant.... No.  I'm sorry. Those are the moments when she's mindful of not just Kim but how SHE will come across. Hey I have no problem with that either but I'm not giving her brownie points for it or using it as an absolute gauge on how Kyle is ALWAYS looking out for Kim and can't possibly have a moment where she's thinking fuck it. Let it come out, I don't give a rats ass how it makes Kim look and then ACTS on it. And that's okay too. I just wish Kyle would be real about THOSE moments too.

I will say that of course I do believe that a lot of the raw emotion is real but I also think its that raw emotion that has Kyle taking no prisoners and even welcomes the cameras at times like the one's where she's having it out with her sister when she's in an inebriated state. Now look, to be honest as much as I can't stand Kyle I can actually UNDERSTAND this.  In the earlier seasons after it Kim's addiction came out her outbursts towards Kim were more organic than anything else but it was also still vicious of her to kick off a Kim spanking at a table full of outsiders and a camera crew. I think the season two Kyle was an extension of the limo Kyle where she was just going balls to the wall on Kim's addiction based on pure frustration, being fed up with filters and years of pent of resentment. I completely disapproved how that went down but what really got me wasn't that she felt that way. Oh God no. It was the way she was allowing it to let her punish her sister to a whole different degree and publicly.  Now with that said I've never wanted to deny Kyle her feelings as the sister of an addict or take anything away from her pain but I felt it was totally justified to CRITICIZE what she, KYLE allowed it to become. And what SHE released upon Kim and how. It's a valid point of view.

There is more than enough information and footage that lends credulance to the idea that Kyle isn't always Kim's biggest cheerleader and the idea that Kyle would NEVER do anything to hurt her is ridiculous. They're sisters sure but they are also human AND we've seen the footage. But what really annoys the crap outta me is that we can't just acknowledge that as the day is long Kyle as well as Kim are flawed. Why can't that be? It's not that anyone is denying Kyle what she's been through or the hurt that is a proven and believable part of her life. The problem most have with Kyle is that she's conniving and as the seasons have gone on she's managed to channel her frustrations and resentment in ways that are dishonest and hurtful to Kim while pretending she's her biggest supporter.  It's not that she can't have her feelings or want to smash windows in anger (Little House on the Prairie style) it's that she seems to want to be upset, hurt, angry, pissed, annoyed or resentful without wanting to show us her "ugly cry". She's so desperate to keep up fronts that she dispenses her feelings about Kim is very calculated ways. Whenever something slips out or comes out that's negative about how she handles Kim or deals with Kim, anything that isn't PR and PC approved by Kyle her panties get in a twist, she's defensive and  what bothers me the most is she uses Kim as a scape goat whether it be by putting her on the spot, confronting her, or making sure that her WORSE behavior is not forgotten by putting it front and center in order to counter whatever backlash she feels she may receive over this that or the other. It's happened already.

This is one of the things that bothered Kyle about Brandi. Bless that woman's heart I did root for Brandi cause I saw exactly what Brandi was trying to express I groaned inwardly though once I realized the messenger was this hot mess chic which was a plus for Kyle since no one took Brandi's assertions seriously. I don't think it's necessarily that Kyle wants to hurt Kim I take it that Kyle's so superficially worried about coming off looking bad that if throwing Kim under the bus is what she needs to do in that moment in order to keep from being the villian then so be it. That is what has always been my issue with Kyle regarding Kim. It's not that I don't think she cares for her sister or any of that it's just that she cares about her own image more and if a situation creeps up where Kyle isn't coming off like a rose.. Well she can't have that so she has to make sure that everyone remembers who the addict is and just how bad her behavior has been just in case anyone starts shifting their side eye from Kim to Kyle.

I get it, it's an instinctive thing and I think it's more of a selfish, protect yourself thing more than it's a "I wanna hurt Kim" thing. Which is why we then see the authentic feeling between them afterwards. This is all a part of Kyle's mean-girl-itis and no one's safe not even her sister and this is when I noticed Kims reactions to her. I recognize them all to well and that is as someone who has to watch her step cause the mean girl in Kyle will lash out and I think Kim was surprised and shocked that Kyle actually let it happen on the show to such a damaging degree. All the arguments they had where Kim was telling Kyle that she hurt her too..etc.etc. the betrayal, the broken trust. I believe that these sisters have been going at it like that for years. Both giving as good as they gave but the difference now/ The camera. Hey, reality tv I get it and to some extent I think Kim gets it too and yeah it's understandable that Kyle slipped up and let the frustration come out but it's the continued below the belt hits that's Kyle can't seem to keep from presenting on camera that I think Brandi was thinking of when trying to get Kim out of that particular situation.

I have to say it I think Kyle's that much of a mean girl that she does get a bit of pleasure when she shuts down an opponent in that "no one better come for me" teenage, cheerleader immature way. I think a big part of the sister's strife is that issues and problems and pain aside Kim didn't think that Kyle would go to that level with her. It's like when the popular cheerleader/prom queen turns on her second in command.. and I hate to put it in such childish terms but what I see is a classic case of this. Kyle is in a tricky position so she will do everything in her power to clean up whatevers been tainted of her image and if that means being extra transparent about Kim's issues in order for her to save a bit of face through sympathy and understanding of what SHE'S had to go through then by golly that's just what she'll do. Can't get that sympathy if she doesn't betray some of that trust but no worries there's the cloak of "keeping secrets too long" that gives Kyle a pass on that and better believe Kyle's knows it.

Hence, some unnecessary and what seemed to be forced public confrontations with Kim. Or if not forced, easily avoidable had Kyle not pursued or pushed the situation into an uncomfortable or violatile direction. This is what a lot of us saw at Poker night. That wasn't about concern. That was a battle of wills. Kim was going to leave the night on a note that Kyle acted against Kim, and there was no way shape or form our Kyle would have that. She wasn't going out like that so what does she do? She needs to get to the bottom of it. Needs to make sure she'll be the one capable of the parting shot. Just get Kim into some conversation where Kyle ends up looking like the victim and can reinforce what a burden Kim is on her

Maybe something that referred to her inebriated state. You know something like "oh really, I've fucked up on you Kim?, ummmm how about you're high right now and don't even know what you're talking about". I wouldn't put it passed Kyle to blurt something like this just in the name of having the last word and not being the bad guy.  I have a feeling that Kyle wins a good amount of fights with Kim that way. She did it in the limo. When she's tired of the mess Kim is spewing or feels like she' in a corner she comes in with the dagger just to make it clear who the mess is and who isn't.  After the backlash of season one though she had to figure out a new way to do this so that she doesn't just seem cold hearted so that's where we now need to have "the conversations" and just let Kim shoot herself in the foot. Or at least set the scene up for Kyle to frog cry a zinger in there at the right moment. Usually unnecessary though cause it's not hard to talk Kim in circles until she doesn't know what day of the week it is. Remind you of yet another on camera conversation????

So in closing.. LOL. There are those of us who notice that although Kyle does exhibit behaviors that are "protective" of Kim when Kyle is defending herself that protectiveness goes out the window and anything goes. Like when Kyle confronted Brandi at the next party and Brandi was talking about Kim calling Brandi at night and Kyle stealthly drops the comment "wanna talk about what those calls are about"....? When Kyle's being put in a negative light it's no holds barred and Kyle will come out swinging even if it means knocking Kim out even if she isn't the person in the ring with Kyle. This is when I really realized that Brandi was right on the money. Sure, Kyle doesn't run around and "out" her sister left and right and she can get protective but pay attention to the times where Kyle's being painted in a negative light and see how quick she's implying this, insinuating that, dropping clues and letting information "slip" out (Nicky's wedding..???) She drops dimes all the time when her good sister reputation is at risk she's just been getting more and more subtle about it after that limo revelation and there have been more and more cast mates ready and willing to take the Kim talk off her hands anyway.

That's probably the most insightful post I've read in a long time, anywhere, as I realized more when I tried to "bold" highlights, and pretty quickly realized I'd have to bold the whole thing. 

I don't really think either woman was worth all that effort, but at the same time, I'm glad you did it. 

ETA, Oh God!  I thought we had one Yolanda free thread!  ;)

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 4

Only one random text here and there isn't enough but add facebook, instagram, some phone calls here and there and regular texting then bam!  You'd be surprised what  a simple "thinking of you" text can accomplish followed up with maybe a funny meme or emoticon here and there. You can put personal touches on even the most impersonal forms of communication and it only takes a couple of seconds. If it's done frequently or even somewhat regularly enough then you've established a line of communication without much interference in your day. It's usually enough to know that someone has you on their mind and with technology being the way it is there really is no excuse not to be able to create and maintain some sort of bridge that is acceptable to even some of the most high maintenance of friends. So there's that.

Considering Brandi's social media presence I'm sure she's well versed in the 'keeping in touch game' well enough to satisfy Yolanda and when it comes to Kim I would expect they have their hyperbole over their conditions in common so I find it believable that they connect on that level. Hey, side eye aside, delusional or not, apparently efforts are made by Kim and Brandi to the satisfaction of Yolanda and that's what she expresses to the others. It's her right to do so.  Friends work around the needs of each other and if the needs are too outlandish then okay fine but if other people find the demands doable well then that's why those friendships continue and others aren't as solid. I see nothing wrong with this being the case with how Yolanda catagorizes her friendships. High standards or not that's what it takes, you either do or don't but if you don't then Yolanda can say that she's disappointed and consider you more of an acquaintance than actual friend. This is a pretty common recipe in life actually.  Wishing her well, not having ill will towards her and having civil interactions does not a friend make and I don't see what's the big issue when Yolanda expresses this.

Edited by Yours Truly

I hope everyone reads this all the way through, and if possible, not in a debate team way.  By that I mean, it's easy to get in a back and forth and approach when what people are saying here as "picking apart points" rather than truly hearing what people are saying.  That is totally understandable, but more like an argument and less like a conversation about a bunch of rich women, who sell their lives for our "entertainment."

I know it's long, but, for me, in so many places it expresses how I see it as well, only with a great deal more patience and overall insight.  I'm going to bold a couple of places, not because I don't think this entire post is a thing of beauty, but because certain things say seem especially perfect.  Actually I realized I'd be pretty much bolding the whole thing, tried to limit it.

That's probably the most insightful post I've read in a long time, anywhere, as I realized more when I tried to "bold" highlights, and pretty quickly realized I'd have to bold the whole thing. 

I don't really think either woman was worth all that effort, but at the same time, I'm glad you did it. 

ETA, Oh God!  I thought we had one Yolanda free thread!  ;)

Awwwweeeeee Thanks! ;-)

And thanks for reading it cause yeah, I know it was long!

Oh and sorry about the Yolanda derailment. I'm guilty.... However I don't plan on heading over to Yolanda's thread. Too many crumbs lying about from all those crackers... LOL!

• Love 1

I guess I'm not exactly sold on the "attempts" made. Especially since there really is not strong enough information available to determine the level of effort actually made. <shrug>

Is the effort bigger if you send the text in all CAPS?  Here is how attempts are made, a text with a date and time for a visit.  I don't think anyone was storming the castle to try and visit Yolanda, although I could see Yolanda demanding it.   There is a reason people have stored their texts with Yolanda because not only does Yolanda not listen she does not comprehend the written word.  

• Love 5

Brandi rarely saw Yolanda and other than filming, Kim had no time to see her either and none of these 3 women have fulltime jobs. Brandi has a once a week podcast and her kids every other week, Kim has no job and none of her adult kids live with her, Yolanda has no full time job outside the HW gig, her 2 eldest kids live out of state and her youngest lives with his father so I don't get why she doesn't acknowledge those that have fulltime jobs/careers in addition to the HW job would not have the time to just go and sit with her and rub her feet for her but that they did attempt to keep in touch/check up with/on her. Her needs are not the only needs that have to be or should be met by any stretch of the imagination IMO.

• Love 5

But maybe they aren't more than Hollywood friends. Why should they be?  They are just a bunch of women thrown together for a reality show. Kyle and Lisa V. did not invite their close friend Yolanda onto this show because they are buddies. That was out of their hands. They are in the same large social circle. No one owes anything to Yolanda in terms of friendship/reaching out except for her Real inner circle of friends that are not on the show. What has she contributed to this "friendship" with Lisa and Kyle? What has she done to reach out and keep them close, before she was ill?

There is no real investment here on either side. Kyle and Lisa V. are likely busy enough spending time with their real life friends. Just like Yolanda recently did on her birthday.

• Love 7

Did I miss something? In all honestly I don't remember such overwhelming proof that Kyle and lisa tried to set up play dates via text after text.. Feel free to respond in Yolanda's thread...

Episode 1 first scene with LVP and Kyle at lunch. I think the episode is available on Hulu.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 3

Apology accepted and appreciated.

Brandi's erroneous contentions are that Kyle waits for Kim to screw up and hopes it is on camera and Kyle is seen as the one who comforts her, or hopes to belittle Kim or garner sympathy for herself. 

Well I disagree.  When Poker Night commenced Brandi and Kim acted like assholes towards the others.  I am going to go out on a limb here and say they weren't that drunk-they won the poker game.  They were vulgar and inappropriate and continued to be so even after the episode aired, with Brandi suggesting Eileen was out of line for not getting her kid a nanny and a hotel room for the night, so she could drink and curse and fight.  Brandi only became concerned versus urging Kim's asshole behavior when Kyle exited the room and Kim followed her.  Why did Brandi do that and why then?  Because she realized she and Kim had gone too far and  she was losing control of the situation and cameras were going to roll and there was a good chance Kyle was going to reason with Kim.  Kyle did until Brandi jumped back in. 

Instead of going with the flow with Kim and getting her to sit down and have something to eat, it became Brandi's mission to isolate Kim from the others.  Kyle has said she feared what Kim would say with the cameras rolling in the limo.  Way too many paragraphs have been wasted on what happened physically between Kyle and Brandi.  Brandi was drunk and continued to drink and got to the point where she was just insulting.  Whether  it was planned or not Brandi and Kim unfurling on the new housewives and Kyle was not a well made plan or a good direction to roll.  After they hit the driveway Kim wanted to talk to her sister and it was Brandi out there screaming about Kyle not being there for Kim.  It was also Brandi getting physical again with Kyle.  No Kyle touched first. Kim was being used as a pawn because Brandi was once again angry at Kyle for refriending LVP, something she was unable to do. There is just no way Brandi or any rational human being could possibly think screaming in someone's driveway about the sister's relationship was a good idea.  By the time the Reunion rolled around, Brandi's closing words were she did not want to become between a family and was washing her hands of the conflict.  (Only because she and Kim again made royal assholes of themselves.)

So Kyle wanting to retain some dignity in the situation is to be expected not a weak character position.  Kyle doesn't get drunk or high and end up in jail, or maintain an animal that bites, or verbally attack people on a regular basis. She has her own children to protect. When Kim's honor is in need of defending Kyle does it-as she did in San Diego to the other women and years ago to Brandi who had accused Kim of using illegal substances. 

The part that matter and it was an hour long drive home, is Kyle did not disparage Brandi or Kim to Rinna.  She just listened and Rinna didn't get it (at least on camera) that Kyle did not want to talk about it.

Kim's thank you, after visiting with Kyle was to drag an obviously uninvited Brandi to Kyle's party and start the attacks again.  Brandi kept it up with the after party comments about Kathy vs. Kyle.  Brandi then went to Rinna and misrepresented to Kim the conversation and in doing so drove a wedge between the Kim and Rinna.  Rinna who at the very least Kim owed an apology to for kicking her in the limo.

At some point, much like her friend Jennifer, Brandi needs to realize that Kim is literally fighting for her life and health and she needs her family far more than Kim needs her bad, bad, insight and agenda to get Kyle.

• Love 10

I actually watched Kim/Kimberly's show tonight and first off, Kim appears heavely "medicated" in her THs. She can't keep her eyes open, the pupils are far too large for someone sitting under bright lights.

Now the meat of it. Kim turned Kimberly's comment about how she has worried about her mother since she was a young child into an act of betrayal, much like we have seen her do to Kyle on this show. It really was disgusting and it was who/what Kim is as a person. I really didn't think Kim could sink any lower and she did. Kimberly needs to move across country or even out of the country, far away from her mother before her mother destroys her life.

• Love 10

I actually watched Kim/Kimberly's show tonight and first off, Kim appears heavely "medicated" in her THs. She can't keep her eyes open, the pupils are far too large for someone sitting under bright lights.

Now the meat of it. Kim turned Kimberly's comment about how she has worried about her mother since she was a young child into an act of betrayal, much like we have seen her do to Kyle on this show. It really was disgusting and it was who/what Kim is as a person. I really didn't think Kim could sink any lower and she did. Kimberly needs to move across country or even out of the country, far away from her mother before her mother destroys her life.

Kim doesn't get it being high or drunk doesn't work with parenting. I use to think underneath it all Kim was a loving parent.  Another illusion shot dead by Kim Richards, it is always just about her. I am guessing that once Big Kathy died, Kim's ex probably made a few comments here and there about Kim's mental status.  I am sure the older kids did as well.  It becomes pretty obvious when mom moves a couple of times a year, invites a stranger home from the grocery store and pretends to have a baby and be breast feeding for no other reason than to punk the guy. 

The kids will never move away they will just accept the fact the roles are reversed and they are the caregiver for Kim.

• Love 6

Apology accepted and appreciated.

Brandi's erroneous contentions are that Kyle waits for Kim to screw up and hopes it is on camera and Kyle is seen as the one who comforts her, or hopes to belittle Kim or garner sympathy for herself. 

Well I disagree.  When Poker Night commenced Brandi and Kim acted like assholes towards the others.  I am going to go out on a limb here and say they weren't that drunk-they won the poker game.  They were vulgar and inappropriate and continued to be so even after the episode aired, with Brandi suggesting Eileen was out of line for not getting her kid a nanny and a hotel room for the night, so she could drink and curse and fight.  Brandi only became concerned versus urging Kim's asshole behavior when Kyle exited the room and Kim followed her.  Why did Brandi do that and why then?  Because she realized she and Kim had gone too far and  she was losing control of the situation and cameras were going to roll and there was a good chance Kyle was going to reason with Kim.  Kyle did until Brandi jumped back in. 

Instead of going with the flow with Kim and getting her to sit down and have something to eat, it became Brandi's mission to isolate Kim from the others.  Kyle has said she feared what Kim would say with the cameras rolling in the limo.  Way too many paragraphs have been wasted on what happened physically between Kyle and Brandi.  Brandi was drunk and continued to drink and got to the point where she was just insulting.  Whether  it was planned or not Brandi and Kim unfurling on the new housewives and Kyle was not a well made plan or a good direction to roll.  After they hit the driveway Kim wanted to talk to her sister and it was Brandi out there screaming about Kyle not being there for Kim.  It was also Brandi getting physical again with Kyle.  No Kyle touched first. Kim was being used as a pawn because Brandi was once again angry at Kyle for refriending LVP, something she was unable to do. There is just no way Brandi or any rational human being could possibly think screaming in someone's driveway about the sister's relationship was a good idea.  By the time the Reunion rolled around, Brandi's closing words were she did not want to become between a family and was washing her hands of the conflict.  (Only because she and Kim again made royal assholes of themselves.)

So Kyle wanting to retain some dignity in the situation is to be expected not a weak character position.  Kyle doesn't get drunk or high and end up in jail, or maintain an animal that bites, or verbally attack people on a regular basis. She has her own children to protect. When Kim's honor is in need of defending Kyle does it-as she did in San Diego to the other women and years ago to Brandi who had accused Kim of using illegal substances. 

The part that matter and it was an hour long drive home, is Kyle did not disparage Brandi or Kim to Rinna.  She just listened and Rinna didn't get it (at least on camera) that Kyle did not want to talk about it.

Kim's thank you, after visiting with Kyle was to drag an obviously uninvited Brandi to Kyle's party and start the attacks again.  Brandi kept it up with the after party comments about Kathy vs. Kyle.  Brandi then went to Rinna and misrepresented to Kim the conversation and in doing so drove a wedge between the Kim and Rinna.  Rinna who at the very least Kim owed an apology to for kicking her in the limo.

At some point, much like her friend Jennifer, Brandi needs to realize that Kim is literally fighting for her life and health and she needs her family far more than Kim needs her bad, bad, insight and agenda to get Kyle.

Well alright then.

There is a huge difference between loving your children and being a good parent. That not only goes for Kim but many of the housewives.

So very true! I know I love my son to death but having him didn't keep me from making some seriously selfish mistakes. And to be honest I'll probably make more. I would expect that's the case for most people. This theory that it's so inconceivable to see people continue to be flawed after they've had children always amuses me. There is this philosophy out there that if you still engage in bad behaviors even after you've had children then something must be terribly wrong with you when in reality having a child doesn't just automatically turn you into super parent and even though, of course, the motivation alone is obviously great it still doesn't really come with this huge overhaul that completely changes every shortcoming you have. Sure the motivation is there but sometimes even something as beautiful as having a child doesn't deliver enough strength to overcome deep rooted issues and a lifetime of ingrained tendencies. Sometimes becoming a parent still isn't enough to slay the demons. Shit, sometimes it doesn't even overcome some basic selfish tendencies that aren't even all that deep.. LOL.Sad but true. AND common.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 4

^^^   Totally.  Interesting that Kimberly mentioned shoving everything under, and that Kim was mad because she wanted to walk down the street holding her head high (and suggesting Kimberly destroyed their relationship by daring to speak the unspeakable truth - she worried about her Mom).  Kim is still in deep denial and lashes out viciously when anyone doesn't dance to that tune.

• Love 7