Type keyword(s) to search

Kim Richards: No Escape from Witch Mountain

• Start Topic

I see Kim as someone stuck in a perpetual revolving door. She enters that door because Bravo pays her to be visible and to air her problems on television in front of millions. She gets stuck in it because of the money and because of the public exposure she gets, which she needs. Which they ALL need obviously. Whether it's to boost a stagnant career like Lisa Rinna and Eileen Davidson, or whether it's just to be in the public eye for the excitement of it, it's all the same, it's their need.

The needs of Kim's children have probably taken a back seat to the other projects she's trying to develop for her career. Brandi also relegates her kids to a back seat to her public exposure with the housewives and her appearances and podcast. It's inevitable that there's some dark clouds on the horizon for those children of Brandi's. If Kim was more concerned about herself and her children she would bow out of this reality show and focus on what's really important. But, being a Hollywood personality, that's probably not going to happen. Brandi might have the chance to circumvent all those problems that Kim is experiencing right now, but chances are she's not going to do that.

Everyone has their priorities and some have their priorities misplaced.

• Love 4

That's an important distinction, one that also (less often) applies to alcoholics and some addicts. My family is riddled with alcoholics (and one pill junkie, and another member who had electric shock in the late sixties -- so much misery) and the two family members who could repeatedly drink an enormous amount -- until they were falling down drunk -- were complete opposites. One was vicious and constantly cruel, and the other was quiet and withdrawn and bone-deep sad, with no (visible) anger about him. It had all turned into paralyzing depression and a drop by drop, painfully slow suicide. (He got clean, and became a much beloved sponsor -- he's dead now, but I consider it an honor to have known him. The other became a dry drunk, which was a truly special hell.) So all drunks are not mean drunks, and all addicts are not violent -- if the drug is legal, that seems to make a big difference in how that plays out --  but I will say this, I never met a dry drunk who wasn't a total asshole.

Good examples of what I was referring to.  I would just hate to see Kim's (and Brandi's) behavior excused as being caused by illness(es), because having a mental illness doesn't mean that a person is going to be thoughtless, rude, uncaring, spiteful, unsympathetic, etc.  Mental disorders can definitely cause people to act in unhealthy and hurtful ways, in the moment, for periods of time, or if psychosis occurs, but that doesn't always mean that they feel no remorse or can't recognize how their behavior effects others even when it was done while they weren't in control of themselves at the time.  It's possible to recognize how your disorder affects behavior (which can't always be controlled while it's happening) while still accepting responsibility (doing something about it, when able).   

Kim's personality plays into her behavior quite a bit, imo.  Maybe it is because of years of drinking and drugging, and parts of her brain are permanently damaged.   But then she shouldn't be on a show like this and forced to interact with other people if she truly is incapable of controlling her behavior and has no sense of reality.  Same with Brandi.  It's not fair to the others, because if Kim can't be held to the same standards of responsibility and then turns around and hurts one of them, how are the HW to respond?  it puts them in a position to either allow her hurtful behavior towards them or to criticize her for it and then they will be seen as bullies because "Kim can't help it".   It's a bad situation all around.    

I was thinking more about  Kim's interpersonal relationships and I want to post my thoughts on that in a bit when I can have more time to type it all out.

• Love 9

No of course it doesn't always mean it ,but it can mean that. Those very traits can be a symptom of mental illness. Brandi's too and they often are. Not all assholes are mentally ill but many of the people who suffer from mental illness can appear to be assholes because of their disorder and the difficulties it causes with personal relationships and delusion behavior. You can be delusional and not appear psychotic. I believe Kim is delusional and when her delusions are challenged she becomes agitated like most delusional people.

• Love 5

No of course it doesn't always mean it ,but it can mean that. Those very traits can be a symptom of mental illness. Brandi's too and they often are. Not all assholes are mentally ill but many of the people who suffer from mental illness can appear to be assholes because of their disorder and the difficulties it causes with personal relationships and delusion behavior. You can be delusional and not appear psychotic. I believe Kim is delusional and when her delusions are challenged she becomes agitated like most delusional people.

I agree and that's pretty much what I said, however, even people who are generally assholes can have moments of conscience or people that they won't betray.  And sure those traits can be symptoms of a few mental illnesses, but not always or probably most of the time.  It's really more the "Oh, this person is person is acting crazy or like an ass. They must be mentally ill." mentality that bothers me the most, I think.  Not saying that anyone is doing that here.  People can be mentally ill and/or disabled and be assholes and they might have little to do with one another.   

I don't disagree with you that Kim exhibits some delusional behavior.  However unless she's delusional all of the time, then I'd think she'd have some semblance of right and wrong and some remorse for her actions, otherwise, she really shouldn't be on a TV show like this if she is unable to control her behavior at all.  This is why I think she's just a nasty person on top of any illnesses she may have because I don't really see much humanity in her and I can usually find it in just about anyone.  I have more experience than I'd like with people who have delusions, hallucinations, paranoia and narcissism, and it's imperative that they are in therapy and properly medicated and monitored.  Not only for the benefit of themselves, but for the people in their lives who are affected daily. 

For me and this is just my opinion, any way you slice it, Kim is not a healthy person, and is not interested in helping herself -- instead choosing to place the burden of responsibility on the shoulders' of others.  Because of the latter opinion, I find it hard to give her my sympathy and definitely not my empathy because I know what many of these illnesses are like myself and I've also put energy and care into others IRL who are like Kim and don't strive to help themselves, and it's been nothing but a waste and an energy suck. 

Anyway,   I was very bored while on the treadmill so I thought about this some more.

Going back to what I was saying about Kim’s self-serving love, Kingsley is the perfect example.  Is Kim doing what is best for the people around her who are being exposed to Kinsley?  Is Kim doing what’s best for Kingsley?  No.  Kim is doing what is best for Kim.  Kim loves Kingsley and that’s all that matters. 

She fails to understand or care that part of loving someone or something sometimes means doing what is best for them even if it means that it’s not what you want for them and for yourself -- even if it comes down to not being in their life.  Her family is going to have to pry that dog from Kim’s cold, dead hands.  Actually, that’s probably the only way Kim would get rid of him.  I have a feel that as soon as he “betrays” Kim, he’s out.

Kim likes that Kingsley is so devoted to her.  He obviously makes Kim feel certain ways about herself.  I haven’t read about those bites in detail but I’m betting that Kim not only blamed the other person but used Kingsley’s devotion to her as an excuse.  He was just “protecting her”, and I think she loves that.  She loves that someone, something is willing to be vicious in order to love and protect her no matter what, including attacking those she claims to care for.  Does this sound familiar to anyone else? 

Brandi? 

Brandi has compared herself to a Chihuahua before (and as I chi owner I’m offended on their behalf) and chis are known to often be one-person dogs, who are fiercely protective of their owners.  I think Kim gets that same satisfaction from seeing Brandi “protect” her from Kyle or anyone else, that she gets from Kingsley.  Not that I think that Brandi a victim of Kim like Kingsley is, but we all know Brandi is willing to go there (be vicious and attack), and I think they serve similar purposes for Kim. 

I also think that is why Brandi is becoming resentful of Kim – Kim doesn’t care that Brandi has further destroyed relationships for her*.  Other posters have noticed some of Brandi’s facial expressions on this trip and how it appears that she is starting to realize that Kim doesn’t give a fuck about her in the long run and now she’s left at the “losers table” all alone.  IMO and all.

*Obviously Brandi has her own agenda for her own fun/benefit and hurts the women in ways that have nothing to do with Kim.  I’m talking about when she’s specifically sticking up for Kim and attacking Kyle on Kim’s behalf like she was on the boat and Kim was still crying and whining over herself.

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 10

Brandi has compared herself to a Chihuahua before (and as I chi owner I’m offended on their behalf) and chis are known to often be one-person dogs, who are fiercely protective of their owners.  I think Kim gets that same satisfaction from seeing Brandi “protect” her from Kyle or anyone else, that she gets from Kingsley.  Not that I think that Brandi a victim of Kim like Kingsley is, but we all know Brandi is willing to go there (be vicious and attack), and I think they serve similar purposes for Kim. 

I co-sign your entire post, but especially the part about Kingsley.  This season it has been so interesting to me the way that Kyle, Kim and Brandi all use the term "protect" when referring to Kim. I find this very unusual. I don't think of people in my life protecting me. Kim said it first, then Brandi claimed after the Gay mixer that Kyle never protects her, then Kyle said when they were lunching with Eileen that she has only ever wanted to protect her. The fact that Kim expects for people that love her to protect her I believe says a lot about her POV. I do believe that this is why she is so blind when it comes to Kingsley. Most rationale folks when faced with a dog that would attack folks who present no danger would think twice. This kind of protection is risky at best. To Kim, this makes him deserving of all her love despite the danger he might present others. 

• Love 8

Kyle was interviewed in front of Mr Chow's again

And speaking of Kim, Kyle makes it pretty clear they're on the outs. And listen closely when Mauricio chimes in ... sounds like he couldn't be happier.

http://www.tmz.com/#Article/2015/03/14/kyle-richards-real-houseives-of-beverly-hills-wine-glass-fight-kim-richards-lisa-rinna

Kim in the meantime has been ignoring texts/calls from Kyle in regards to Chad

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2015/03/kyle-kim-richards-feud-family-crisis/

Edited by BlackMamba

With delusions, it's not a matter conscience. The delusion is their truth. They don't recognize that someone might be trying to help them. They believe that they are being persecuted and they are defending themselves. It isn't appropriate for a layperson to try and reason with them and it does more harm than good.

• Love 5

Kim ignoring Kyles texts, if thats true, is another example of what a horrid person she is. Her child is in trouble. Its been clear that Kylle loves Kim's kids and vice versa. A decent mother, a decent person would be encouraging that love. She should be making it clear to Chad that his aunt is calling texting and very concerned. But like everything else I have no doubt Kim is making this all about HER. What a vile piece of human garbage is Kim Richards.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 11

With delusions, it's not a matter conscience. The delusion is their truth. They don't recognize that someone might be trying to help them. They believe that they are being persecuted and they are defending themselves. It isn't appropriate for a layperson to try and reason with them and it does more harm than good.

Thanks for the insight but what is the solution-placating and personal sacrifice? 

I wonder who told Radar Online that Kim was ignoring Kyle's texts. Seems like personal family information. Odd that Kyle would share that.

I don't think Kyle is sharing anything with RadarOnLine.  There has not even been confirmation of a hospitalization by the family.  I think ROL makes stuff up.  They have a 50% chance of being right. 

• Love 5

The answer is there may be no answer. This will be a enduring pattern for Kim. If those close to her can't deal with it, they will cut her out. That happens more times than not. Some around her will stick around and do what they can and accept what they can't change about her. There might be a medication regimen that will help but so often the side effects are such that when they feel "better" they stop complying and decompensate and return to previous, familiar coping mechanisms.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 6

I don't Kim is delusional at all. I don't beleive she thinks she is being persecuted or that LisaR is listening to her thoughts. I think she doesn't want to admit she isn't sober so she is willing to attack whoever questions her. Occam's razor .

• Love 10

I don't Kim is delusional at all. I don't beleive she thinks she is being persecuted or that LisaR is listening to her thoughts. I think she doesn't want to admit she isn't sober so she is willing to attack whoever questions her. Occam's razor .

Delusions don't have to be severe psychosis or unbelievable. They can be of the type that could be true especially in a personality disorder.

This is the last I will post on this subject. I know I won't change anyone's mind. I just feel it is important to understand that mental illness doesn't always look like the homeless guy walking around muttering to themselves. There is so much stigma and a lack of understanding.

Personality disorders especially are so very hard to treat and people don't recognize them for what they are.

Here is a primer and see if you recognize there traits in people on the show or in your lives.

What is borderline personality disorder?

Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is a complex and challenging illness.

A disorder that is often prompted by and occurs in the context of relationships, BPD can wreak havoc not only on those with the disorder but on their loved ones as well. The symptoms of the disorder are: 1. fears of abandonment; 2. intense mood shifts; 3. impulsivity; 4. problems with anger; 5. recurrent suicidal behaviors or self-injurious behaviors; and 6. patterns of unstable and intense relationships.

The symptomatology is pervasive, encompassing five areas of dysregulation: emotion dysregulation, behavioral dysregulation, cognitive dysregulation, interpersonal dysregulation and self dysregulation. Those afflicted with borderline symptoms very often experience sudden shifts in emotion that frequently leave both the individual with BPD and those close to them in their environment in a state of intense disruption. To meet official DSM- IV criteria for the disorder, a person must have at least five of the nine symptoms. Needless to say, experiencing even a few of the behaviors can create a life of pain and suffering.

http://www2.nami.org/Template.cfm?Section=20075&Template=/ContentManagement/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=44745

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 7

I wonder who told Radar Online that Kim was ignoring Kyle's texts. Seems like personal family information. Odd that Kyle would share that.

My guess would be her BFF. Or Kim herself. She has no shame and it would be just one more way to prove to everyone how Kyle isn't there for her in the way Kim expects.

Amen! Making excuses for her by saying she's mentally ill is just that, excuses. Kim is a mean junkie, end of story.

• Love 6

The answer is there may be no answer. This will be a enduring pattern for Kim. If those close to her can't deal with it, they will cut her out. That happens more times than not. Some around her will stick around and do what they can and accept what they can't change about her. There might be a medication regimen that will help but so often the side effects are such that when they feel "better" they stop complying and decompensate and return to previous, familiar coping mechanisms.

I appreciate your expertise,  what has been presented to the viewers is a small faction's claim, Kyle by  being Kim's sister should be more unconditionally supportive.  In a real world sort of way I do think it is polite to be supportive and at the same time by being supportive, when there is evidence to the contrary and you have to sacrifice your integrity to placate just seems like a huge hit to have to take for a mentally unhealthy sibling.  This is a unique situation  in that the sisters for four months out of the year are required to be together and most of those moments are caught on film.  It is also a relationship made vulnerable by predators like Brandi who seek to be the leader of the pack.  It has been interesting and painful to watch Kim squawk about Kyle not being supportive or withdrawing when Kyle is either uncomfortable with Kim's demeanor or is it that she cannot truly sign off on Kim's three years of sobriety?

There are a lot of questions that need to be answered and I doubt they will covered at the Reunion.  Kyle said early on this season that there may come a time when the sisters just can't pull it back together again.  I do think Kyle will be sad since her mother asked she watch over Kim and the hot mess of a life she makes for herself.  Kim on the other hand seems to be very conditional about what constitutes support and acceptance of her friends.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 4

That's probably true for private facilities. State facilities, at least where, I live, don't have the staff to offer any activities on admission units. It is a tragic, impoverished environment. There is literally nothing for these patients to do. It increases aggressive outbursts. It is so very sad. There is very little in the way of therapy, mainly medication management and warehousing.

Nope not private. State run for people with no insurance .I've been in 5 and they were all the same. Great staff...really tried hard...lot's of help....I was lucky enough to come out the other side and haven't seen the inside of a hospital or psych ward in 18 months. I can only imagine how wonderful a private facility must be!

• Love 8

I don't blame Kyle. However if I were her, I wouldn't be on this show with Kim. She has the better reasoning ability and resources. The best thing she could do for their relationship is to stop playing out their difficulties on TV.

eurekagirl mOo, on 15 Mar 2015 - 11:47 AM, said:

Nope not private. State run for people with no insurance .I've been in 5 and they were all the same. Great staff...really tried hard...lot's of help....I was lucky enough to come out the other side and haven't seen the inside of a hospital or psych ward in 18 months. I can only imagine how wonderful a private facility must be!

That's great. My state doesn't give us the funding to staff properly to provide those resources. I'm glad you have had that type of treatment available.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 5

I think the standard of care is not the same everywhere because I work in one everyday and it's not like that where I work. County facilities are much better here than the state.

• Love 3

I don't blame Kyle. However if I were her, I wouldn't be on this show with Kim. She has the better reasoning ability and resources. The best thing she could do for their relationship is to stop playing out their difficulties on TV.

That's great. My state doesn't give us the funding to staff properly to provide those resources. I'm glad you have had that type of treatment available.

I do think this stalemate will not work out for Kim.  They are maybe three months away from shooting Season 6 and Kim has again elected to distance herself from the entire cast.  I don't mean this to sound as shallow as it will but here goes.  Kim's story about caring for Monty, although touching, just doesn't make for good television. Monty has said his prognosis is months. Just as Russell's suicide and its aftermath on Taylor did not make for good TV, I don't see this being helpful or interesting to the viewers. With Kim's son having two mental illness hospitalizations in the past 18 months and Kim wisely deciding to not feature him on the show.  Again what does Kim have to contribute?  So  much of her life is shrouded in secrecy. 

We saw her for five minutes be interesting when she met Eileen and Vince.  Then she crapped all over that introduction and doesn't like them anymore.  They didn't give her the best role during the script read at their house.  Of course Kim telling Eileen to shut her fucking mouth and a beast, and that she doesn't like her hair or face probably has negated any chance for a friendship.

I really don't even want to see Kim as even a friend next year. 

• Love 8

I do think this stalemate will not work out for Kim.  They are maybe three months away from shooting Season 6 and Kim has again elected to distance herself from the entire cast.  I don't mean this to sound as shallow as it will but here goes.  Kim's story about caring for Monty, although touching, just doesn't make for good television. Monty has said his prognosis is months. Just as Russell's suicide and its aftermath on Taylor did not make for good TV, I don't see this being helpful or interesting to the viewers. With Kim's son having two mental illness hospitalizations in the past 18 months and Kim wisely deciding to not feature him on the show.  Again what does Kim have to contribute?  So  much of her life is shrouded in secrecy. 

We saw her for five minutes be interesting when she met Eileen and Vince.  Then she crapped all over that introduction and doesn't like them anymore.  They didn't give her the best role during the script read at their house.  Of course Kim telling Eileen to shut her fucking mouth and a beast, and that she doesn't like her hair or face probably has negated any chance for a friendship.

I really don't even want to see Kim as even a friend next year.

I think it's in everyone's best interest not to bring Kim back. Throughout her tenure she really has been a jr. Housewife anyway. She never really blogged, did the press circuit or made regular appearances on WWHL. I just don't think she is capable of handling the demands of the show. I'm sure the money is a big incentive but for her own well being I hope she leaves.

• Love 7

And ignoring it has worked so well for Kim how? Placating Kim has worked so well for her how? I don't think LisaR or Eileen were ever told that Kim may be mentally ill, all they knew was that she is an addict that relapsed in front of them, behaved horribly  to them and then denied it ever happened. All any of us here know is that Kim is an addict, she has been shown both clean/sober, drunk/high and she says that she suffers from anxiety, nothing else.

• Love 6

And ignoring it has worked so well for Kim how? Placating Kim has worked so well for her how? I don't think LisaR or Eileen were ever told that Kim may be mentally ill, all they knew was that she is an addict that relapsed in front of them, behaved horribly  to them and then denied it ever happened. All any of us here know is that Kim is an addict, she has been shown both clean/sober, drunk/high and she says that she suffers from anxiety, nothing else.

I'm not blaming them I am only speculating that their involvement wasn't helpful to her in any meaningful way. I don't like Lisa Rinna but I don't think she really understood what she was dealing with until Amsterdam. Her reaction after was right on the money. She figured out that she was in over her head and chose the wise path IMO.

Kim needs therapy but you can't force her.

If Bravo does fire her, I suspect she will blame Kyle and Rinna and Eileen for destroying her life.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 3

I'm not blaming them I am only speculating that their involvement wasn't helpful to her in any meaningful way. I don't like Lisa Rinna but I don't think she really understood what she was dealing with until Amsterdam. Her reaction after was right on the money. She figured out that she was in over her head and chose the wise path IMO.

If Bravo does fire her, I suspect she will blame Kyle and Rinna and Eileen for destroying her life.

Whatever it is going on in Kim's life, drugs/alcohol or mental illness she needs to get off the show. I agree, the decision to get help is up to her but after a lifetime of being protected and having others pick up the pieces she shattered, IMO, she will never seek the help required. Kim has to live with the decisions she makes and IMO, no one else should be forced to, even family, if she choose to not get help.

I do agree, she will blame Kyle, LisaR, Eileen and/or the others if she is cut for next season but her main target will be Kyle. She will punish Kyle for years and years over it and try to get others in the family involved to help her mete out that punishment.

• Love 9

Kyle is living what she has always feared. If she dared to speak the truth or not consign Kim's behavoir 100 percent, Kim would cut her off . The relationship was contingent on Kyle ignoring whatever was going on in front of her and towing the family line. I hope Kyle finds it's not as bad as she feared and perhaps find some peace. Kim is lucky in that she has available resources and connections. When and if she is ever ready, she can get the help she needs. Kyle can't fix this for her, if she could she would have already.

• Love 9

From Monty's heartfelt farewell I am hoping he leaves some of his estate to his exes (if he has anything left in the estate) as he claims he needs to be here on this earth a little longer to take care of them.  Otherwise I must concur there will be a Kim that is very angry at Lisa and Eileen and unable to even speak to Kyle.  I am hopeful Brooke and her husband will take care of Kim although I don't see them being able to take care of Chad and Kim.  There will come a time where Kim will listen to her daughters and realize their impression of Brandi was the correct one.  How bad Brandi must have felt that as Kim's self-proclaimed BFF she wasn't allowed to set foot on the Hilton estate for Brooke's wedding. 

• Love 2

Kyle is living what she has always feared. If she dared to speak the truth or not consign Kim's behavoir 100 percent, Kim would cut her off . The relationship was contingent on Kyle ignoring whatever was going on in front of her and towing the family line. I hope Kyle finds it's not as bad as she feared and perhaps find some peace. Kim is lucky in that she has available resources and connections. When and if she is ever ready, she can get the help she needs. Kyle can't fix this for her, if she could she would have already.

I do agree with Higgins on this, that IF Kim were to be fired and Kyle stays you can rest a sure Kim will waste no time hitting up the media and throwing blame to her sister. Kim needs her job like people needs air to breathe. Kyle doesn't need this show for the wages more so for free promo for her store and possible acting roles.

Not to mention, the primary reason why Kim has stayed on RHOBH for as long as she has is because of Kyle. I think Kim would had been cut years ago because shes a liability, late to tapings/never shows up and/or she's been a bore. And to tell you all the truth, IMO, I believe the network would whether keep Kyle than Kim any day - problem here is Kyle! Kyle knows if Kim is fired or downgraded severely she will have to go back being the bank and trust for Kim. It could be why during her negotiations each season Kyle probably works out stipulation that if they want her they have to keep Kim too. If she completely cuts her off or not backs her during the next contract season, Kim will go on her "bad sister" tangent and try to hurt Kyle's represention and hurt Kyle emotionally, the strategy that always tends to work. At this point, I dont see why not shes manipulated the fans of show before with making Kyle out into the bad guy, she could it again.

Kim has serious envy for Kyle at this point in their lives and to be outshined by Kyle if Bravo wised up and chose Kyle would be an ultimate blow to her bloviated, hanging by a thread career.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 4

Because of my family dynamics, I have to frequently remind myself that at some point, you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart, but not in your life.  I wish Kyle would come to this realization and save herself some heartache by distancing herself from Kim and letting the chips fall where they may.  Its not that Kyle hasn't tried to help her sister because she has wasted more time trying than I would, and until Kim decides to help herself, she's a lost cause.

• Love 11

And . . . what does this pic say to you? 

Screen-Shot-2015-03-14-at-3.52.52-PM.png

Kathy and Kyle are paying attention to the photographer who wanted the photo and Kim heard someone say, "Hello, Larry."  All three are pretty ladies.

• Love 2

Not to mention, the primary reason why Kim has stayed on RHOBH for as long as she has is because of Kyle. I think Kim would had been cut years ago because shes a liability, late to tapings/never shows up and/or she's been a bore. And to tell you all the truth, IMO, I believe the network would whether keep Kyle than Kim any day - problem here is Kyle! Kyle knows if Kim is fired or downgraded severely she will have to go back being the bank and trust for Kim. It could be why during her negotiations each season Kyle probably works out stipulation that if they want her they have to keep Kim too. If she completely cuts her off or not backs her during the next contract season, Kim will go on her "bad sister" tangent and try to hurt Kyle's represention and hurt Kyle emotionally, the strategy that always tends to work. At this point, I dont see why not shes manipulated the fans of show before with making Kyle out into the bad guy, she could it again.

I agree that Bravo hired Kim and Kyle specifically for the sister dynamic, but I don't think Kyle ever put stipulations in her contract that insisted Kim be re-hired. Why do you think Kyle is her sister's "bank and trust? Not only is she an adult with a high-paying job for the past 5 or 6 years, but I think she might still get alimony from her ex-husbands. Regardless, I don't see why Kyle is expected to be her sister's keeper. Especially seeing the way Kim treats her. And don't forget the other sister, Kathy - the "real" sister. The one that's "always there" for Kim. She's pretty wealthy, too.

I co-sign your entire post, but especially the part about Kingsley.  This season it has been so interesting to me the way that Kyle, Kim and Brandi all use the term "protect" when referring to Kim. I find this very unusual. I don't think of people in my life protecting me. Kim said it first, then Brandi claimed after the Gay mixer that Kyle never protects her, then Kyle said when they were lunching with Eileen that she has only ever wanted to protect her. The fact that Kim expects for people that love her to protect her I believe says a lot about her POV. I do believe that this is why she is so blind when it comes to Kingsley. Most rationale folks when faced with a dog that would attack folks who present no danger would think twice. This kind of protection is risky at best. To Kim, this makes him deserving of all her love despite the danger he might present others. 

Kim feeling that she must be protected and others feeding into that only helps her continue to be a victim of herself and of life.

I know, but I guess what I am trying to say is that if she doesn't have any moments of clarity then she needs real, long-term psychiatric care and not to star on a reality TV show that makes its money off drama.  I was in a long term relationship with someone who has BP1 and has auditory/visual hallucinations, delusions of grandeur, and paranoia among several other issues and even he wasn't out of touch with reality 100% of the time that he wasn't able to take some responsibility for himself.  I guess the way I see it, his conscious couldn't stop his disorders from causing him to lose it and abuse me, but it did cause him to feel remorse for it when he was medicated or clear enough to realize what he was doing.  I have never seen her, on camera, actually take ownership of her actions or seem even the tiniest bit remorseful and what we're seeing now is her supposedly "sober".  This is how she behaves "sober" and her being an alcoholic and perhaps having an anxiety disorder is all we have been told she suffers from, so I'm forming my opinion based on that.  Like with Brandi, all of the behavior they display on the show is not caused by just an anxiety disorder and to have it seem that way does so much injustice to those who do suffer because anxiety most likely doesn't cause someone to be mean, spiteful, hateful, selfish, drunk, etc.  I guess I just don't understand why there are excuses constantly being made for Kim's behavior that removes all responsibility she has for herself. 

My opinion, but I just think Kim is selfish and mean and she doesn't see or care that she's selfish and mean.  That may have to do with whatever illness(es) she has, and we have no idea other than substance abuse, what they could be, if anything, but it could also just be a part of her personality.  Either way, I have no interest in watching her abuse everyone around her, so if she stays on the show for next season, I'm out. 

I agree.  I don't think she has a lot of these issues.  Any paranoia, delusions and hallucinations she may have (no evidence she has these) could come from the drugs she's currently using or ones she has used in the past.  Also, part of it is that people are talking about her and one of those people is her BFF Brandi.  So she's not paranoid in that, but misinformed and petty.  And I think you're exactly right, she doesn't want to be called out about her non-sobriety and she's deflecting that by distracting and scaring people with threats and spitefulness.  

eurekagirl mOo, I'm so glad you were able to receive help at the facilities you were in.  My experiences have not been as great, and one place was very understaffed and was not really equipped to help anyone long term, so the whole thing felt like a wash in the end. 

• Love 7

I do agree with Higgins on this, that IF Kim were to be fired and Kyle stays you can rest a sure Kim will waste no time hitting up the media and throwing blame to her sister. Kim needs her job like people needs air to breathe. Kyle doesn't need this show for the wages more so for free promo for her store and possible acting roles.

Kim has serious envy for Kyle at this point in their lives and to be outshined by Kyle if Bravo wised up and chose Kyle would be an ultimate blow to her bloviated, hanging by a thread career.

I truly believe Kim has been brought back year after year because she was the first time in the RH franchise they had a bona fide star-albeit from the 70s and 80s and she was of course related to the anchor.  I think maybe part of what we hear Kim saying when she claims Kyle isn't there for her has more to do with $$$$ and negotiating.  Obviously Kyle and Lisa are making big bucks but maybe not Brandi and Kim.   

My thing is Kim needs to find a job that doesn't involve Hollywood.  Get a real estate license go to work in a boutique do something.  Kyle and Mauricio won't be supporting her any longer.

• Love 3

I agree that Bravo hired Kim and Kyle specifically for the sister dynamic, but I don't think Kyle ever put stipulations in her contract that insisted Kim be re-hired. Why do you think Kyle is her sister's "bank and trust? Not only is she an adult with a high-paying job for the past 5 or 6 years...

Im about to be long winded but bare with me. Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2

Im about to be long winded but bare with me. I get most of your post. However with Kim steady not working for years Kyle was financially supporting Kim until RHOBH happened and Kyle approached Kim with the offer that she could make her own money again. Bravo probably liked the idea at first to have both sisters until Kim became a challenge to work with (e.g.- her tardiness to filming has been one rumored). I do believe Andy/Bravo would let Kim go, alot of viewers have been wanting it for sometime now and without her 'off the wagon-yearly storyline' she doesn't have anything to offer on the show. I also stand by my opinion that the reason shes never been let go or limited is because Kyle goes to bat for her during negotiations. In order to keep her, she wants them to keep Kim. Package deal like many allude too. Kyle has said a time or two she wouldnt want to do the show without Kim. Now I dont fully believe this but who knows.

Pre-Housewives, why do you think Kyle supported Kim? Kim is the older sister, with four children and three ex-husbands. Plus, if she needed some financial help, why would you think Kim would ask Kyle for money, as opposed to her far wealthier sister and brother-in-law, who she's apparently much closer to?

Secondly, Kyle has never said she and Kim are a package deal. That's a myth that keeps getting circulated. I get why Bravo always liked the idea of casting both of them (the sister dynamic), but on the flip side I see the reverse - I see jealousy, competitiveness, and open dislike. In fact, I think each one would have preferred that the other not return (and I said this even before this contentious season).

Everyone is blaming Kim's behavior on her drug/alcohol addiction, but I feel that she's stunted in development from an early age.  Some of the things she says, like last season, when she called Brandi a "dirty little nasty girl".  That to me sounds like something she heard at a young age.   She never got over being a child "star", and it's sad that the times she seems happiest is when she's at one of those horrible "fan favorite" shows.  When she was to old to do the "child star" roles, she stopped being relevant, and I'm pretty sure that's when the drinking/drugs use ramped up.   All her glory days are behind her, and now she's simply known at a RHW or Kyle & Kathy's sister, or sadly the owner of a dangerous dog.   Everyone is babysitting Kim.  Her kids didn't have her growing up, due to her addiction, and relied on other family.  She's desperately trying to make up for lost time - but they are grown, they don't need her.  She is so desperate for attention, she happily turned to Brandi.   No wonder sobriety isn't working for her.  Sobriety can't bring back an active acting career, new fans, etc.  Kyle - as big a pain as she is - has long ago let go, except for fond memories, or her child acting career.  

The situation with Monty is heartbreaking, but again, I seem Kim, not as a caregiver, but someone holding on to the past.  

Kim won't change next season, if she's back.  It's not her addiction, it's her craving the glories of her past, and nobody can give her that.

• Love 5

Pre-Housewives, why do you think Kyle supported Kim? Kim is the older sister, with four children and three ex-husbands. Plus, if she needed some financial help, why would you think Kim would ask Kyle for money, as opposed to her far wealthier sister and brother-in-law, who she's apparently much closer to?

Secondly, Kyle has never said she and Kim are a package deal. That's a myth that keeps getting circulated. I get why Bravo always liked the idea of casting both of them (the sister dynamic), but on the flip side I see the reverse - I see jealousy, competitiveness, and open dislike. In fact, I think each one would have preferred that the other not return (and I said this even before this contentious season).

Kyle has said that they are a "package deal" in interviews, like on the View. I am not sure that she meant "Bravo contract package deal" but she has said it and, IMO, that is how this all got started.

As to why Kim has not relied on Kathy as much is because Kathy is always traveling and has her hands full with her own issues like Paris/Conrad. IMO, Kim says Kathy is the better sister because Kathy pats Kim's hand/head, tells her everything will be alright and then goes about her life leaving Kyle to do the dirty work. Kathy is protective over the family's reputation and does not want Kim's bizarre behavior to taint/embarrass her and through her, her kids. JMO

I think she hit both sisters up.  My guess is when the Davis child support money ran out-when Chad turned 18 Kim relied more and more on her sisters and their husbands for help.  I have never believed Kim has gotten a lifetime of alimony.  She would have received about 17 years worth of child support.  Kim in the first episode of Season 1 is on film saying she doesn't have a home, a husband or children.  I think this show was a way of her making some money.  According to Kim she had turned down autograph events and acting jobs-probably due to drinking.  In those months between Chad's final paycheck she probably got some money for Kimberly and then Kimberly was living with her father full time. 

Kyle wanted Kim on because she knew it would help her sister financially and I think deep down she figured Kim would not miss any filming, as she did not as a child.  Anyway I arrived at my guess about Kyle supporting Kim or not supporting Kim because I think Brandi is far more tuned into the $$$$$$$$$$ aspect of the show than making life long friendships.  So obviously there is a ajor fourth wall issue if it is about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. 

• Love 1

Kyle has said that they are a "package deal" in interviews, like on the View. I am not sure that she meant "Bravo contract package deal" but she has said it and, IMO, that is how this all got started.

As to why Kim has not relied on Kathy as much is because Kathy is always traveling and has her hands full with her own issues like Paris/Conrad. IMO, Kim says Kathy is the better sister because Kathy pats Kim's hand/head, tells her everything will be alright and then goes about her life leaving Kyle to do the dirty work. Kathy is protective over the family's reputation and does not want Kim's bizarre behavior to taint/embarrass her and through her, her kids. JMO

Exactly.

I don't believe Kyle was supporting Kim.  The only "proof" of that is Kyle screaming it in Kim's face, and frankly, nothing Kyle says rings true to me.

As sad as it sounds Kim moved four times in about 18 months.  She really was in a bad way when the show started.  If you notice Kim doesn't deny it-it was the telling of the secret that was wrong in Kim's eyes.  Kathy may be richer but I doubt Rick is any more found of Kim than Mauricio is.  It always seems Kim is not in the pictures with him-heck even Paul Nassif makes into the Rick Hilton pictures.

• Love 2

As sad as it sounds Kim moved four times in about 18 months. She really was in a bad way when the show started. If you notice Kim doesn't deny it-it was the telling of the secret that was wrong in Kim's eyes. Kathy may be richer but I doubt Rick is any more found of Kim than Mauricio is. It always seems Kim is not in the pictures with him-heck even Paul Nassif makes into the Rick Hilton pictures.

Even in season 2, Kyle wanted Kim to move near her but Kim didnt want that for some reason. Im guessing here but maybe Kyle would had made regular visits to "watch over" Kim and see if she was drinking and drugging. Kim didn't want Kyle to be in her beeswax.

• Love 1

I'm not sure which thread, but I know we've already been through this exact topic! Kyle never said they were a package deal. Somebody might have interpreted that from something Kyle said, but then it's the misinterpretation that spread, not Kyle's actual words. Secondly, Kathy Hilton and her family have lived in Beverly Hills all her life. Yes, she's a social climber and raised three kids, but so did Kyle (and still does). I don't know what it is about Kathy's life that precludes her from helping Kim out financially, esp. since they're much closer than Kim and Kyle. But I also don't understand why either sister had to help her out. Is there any evidence, or even gossip, that Kim was in financial straits?

Even in season 2, Kyle wanted Kim to move near her but Kim didnt want that for some reason. Im guessing here but maybe Kyle would had made regular visits to "watch over" Kim and see if she was drinking and drugging. Kim didn't want Kyle to be in her beeswax.

Kim said something interesting about being able to just go over to Brandi's for a couple of hours for a BBQ and get away from her self imposed Bates Motel existence.  I think her present house maybe a family members or she bought it because she talks about putting new hardwood floors in it.  I believe Kim and Brandi both live in Encino.  I know it sounds selfish but I do think Kim needs to make more of an effort to go to Kyle's house.  She is the one complaining she needs a break.  I don't think the sisters  drop in unannounced I think they get a feel for Kim and her drinking when she stops calling.  Only one season do I recall Kim and Kyle saying they talked everyday and everything was fine between them.

Kim and Brandi are still butt hurt that Yolanda and Kyle got a second European vacation-actually theirs was first.

• Love 2

I'm not sure which thread, but I know we've already been through this exact topic! Kyle never said they were a package deal. Somebody might have interpreted that from something Kyle said, but then it's the misinterpretation that spread, not Kyle's actual words. Secondly, Kathy Hilton and her family have lived in Beverly Hills all her life. Yes, she's a social climber and raised three kids, but so did Kyle (and still does). I don't know what it is about Kathy's life that precludes her from helping Kim out financially, esp. since they're much closer than Kim and Kyle. But I also don't understand why either sister had to help her out. Is there any evidence, or even gossip, that Kim was in financial straits?

I think it is implied with her constant moving and Kyle's comments about Mauricio having to support her like a second wife.  Even this season Kyle touched on Kim's excesses with buying five pairs of a pair of shoes is she likes them instead of one.  Kim did not always make wise choices financially and now she is having to adjust to her present financial situation.  It is not to say that she doesn't get help from Monty but the woman like many RH before her needs a second source of income.

• Love 3