Type keyword(s) to search

Kim Richards: No Escape from Witch Mountain

• Start Topic

This sounds like something Briana or Meghan on RHoOC would say.  Not everyone on chemo loses their hair.  This trend of questioning cancer patients' treatments, and even their disease, is quite disturbing, and frankly, offensive, to me personally.

Think I'll stick to snarking on his hashtags.

I don't know that anyone here is questioning whether or not Monty has cancer or that he is lucky to still be alive. I think some of us question exactly how sick he was during filming because had it been as bad as Kim said, he would not be doing as well as he is today. Monty has been very open about his cancer, treatments and he has never claimed it "spread" anywhere in his body, let alone his brain/spine (Kim's claims) and that makes me/others scratch their heads and wonder aloud about the possibility that Kim said this for sympathy/storyline, not that we don't believe he is very, very sick.

As for him loosing his hair, it would depend on the chemo and even during his chemo treatments last year, he still had most, although it thinned a bit, of his hair so I have no problems believing that is his own hair in the photo he posted on his IG account. 

• Love 1

I enjoyed that article about Monty, complete with more of his storytelling. Monty could almost be a twin of one of my brothers (in looks). Maybe that's why I like him so much. :) It must be nice to have a boyfriend who buys you a Ferrari. I must have hung with the wrong crowd!

Monty's cancer story is almost unbelievable to me. How is someone given two months to live and still be enjoying life two years later???Remarkable!

My ex husband was told he had 6months to live (Primary Colon cancer that had spread the Liver)

That was in June 2007

Edited by chlban
  • Love 6

My comment was directed at both RHoBH and RHoOC forums, and how the endless speculation and questioning with little or no concrete knowledge is rampant.  I find it unseemly, but accept that many others don't.

Unfortunately there are a lot of sick bastards in the world (sick-in-the-head, not physically sick) who scam good-hearted people, and I find them the most unseemly of all. I dislike Monty because of his enabling behavior and teenage writing style, but I have no reason to believe he's been faking his cancer. Some details, maybe (and maybe Kim is primarily guilty of this), but not the diagnosis itself. Brooks is another story entirely. As they say, you are your track record...

• Love 4

Jun 9, 2015 - But not all chemo drugs will make you lose your hair. Some people have mild thinning that only they notice. Your doctor will be able to tell you if your chemo is likely to cause hair loss. If you do lose your hair, it will almost always grow back after the treatments are over.

... American Cancer Society

• Love 4

Well, unless a person passes outside, there is no maggot infestation. After a day or two, inside, there is a bit of bloat and discoloration. Some foaming fluids, too. There can still be an open casket. Even after an autopsy, they can work magic with makeup. Or just get cremated.

Hi Missy Mel,

Actually maggots can be deposited on a body located anywhere, inside a building, a box, a vehicle, all that is needed is for an insect or insects to be already present or have a way into the area and have access to the body. Time, temperature, other factors and a myriad of variables also have an affect on the body and it's degree of decomposition. My father was an embalmer for many years and then worked for the coroners office. I grew up around it.  He would bring home the Dodge Chemical Magazine and I would practice my reading using the "Old Jerome" stories.

And, yes you are right about what can be done to with a body to make it presentable. I watched my dad work that type of magic, not just using make up but also watched him using small irons to reduce swellings, using putty to reconstruct the missing part of a face or a damaged feature, or using chemicals during the embalming process to create an appropriate skin color, the slang he used for it was "orange juice".  There is a lot that can be done and I am sure they have made many improvements since my dad's era. 

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 5

Hi Giselle! Sorry, Avaleigh. That kind of talk seems to weird people out. It seems even weirder to be able to talk about it so matter-of-fact. It's part of life though. No snark, I apologize for making anyone uncomfortable.

• Love 4

can I take a swing at this dead horse? When I was on chemo ( andromycin aka the red devil) I was told I would probably loose all my hair but some people don't . After a few treatments I had convinced myself that I was one of the lucky ones and was devastated to wake up one morning with half my hair stuck to the pillow. I just sobbed and sobbed as I brushed my hair and it all came out in clumps. I also lost all my fingernails and had to put band aids on all my fingertips to keep them from ripping off. Chemo sucks. There was one woman I met in the chemo waiting room who had a full head of hair and she told me she didn't loose her hair because she "prayed really hard" that she wouldn't. I never wanted to punch someone right in the face like I did that day.

You are very brave and I hope well now. I laugh at those who think they are the chosen people....

• Love 7

can I take a swing at this dead horse? When I was on chemo ( andromycin aka the red devil) I was told I would probably loose all my hair but some people don't . After a few treatments I had convinced myself that I was one of the lucky ones and was devastated to wake up one morning with half my hair stuck to the pillow. I just sobbed and sobbed as I brushed my hair and it all came out in clumps. I also lost all my fingernails and had to put band aids on all my fingertips to keep them from ripping off. Chemo sucks. There was one woman I met in the chemo waiting room who had a full head of hair and she told me she didn't loose her hair because she "prayed really hard" that she wouldn't. I never wanted to punch someone right in the face like I did that day.

Fuck me to tears, ncsocialworker, there are no words to express my horror and sorrow for your suffering, and my gratitude to have you here with us all.

(and I would've clocked that hairy bitch with her own bible!).  ;-)

• Love 18

I love that this forum can calmly and intelligently discuss everything from decomposition to hair loss from chemo treatments and it's a thread about Kim Richards, lol! Say what you will about her, she gives us a lot to talk about. 

• Love 16

I do believe Monty stopped all chemo back in February, however I think he is wearing a wig-the picture posted there is something strange going on along the right ear.  Thin sinewy hair near the sideburn then big old thick hair above the ear.  Yes, I think he is that vain. 

• Love 2

So basically, Kim has driven us to talking about what happens to a corpse if it's left unattended for too long.

Thanks for being the gift that keeps on giving, Kim!

Hi Giselle! Sorry, Avaleigh. That kind of talk seems to weird people out. It seems even weirder to be able to talk about it so matter-of-fact. It's part of life though. No snark, I apologize for making anyone uncomfortable.

Me too. Sorry Avaleigh if I was too graphic.

• Love 3

Y'all are expressing my worst nightmare.  I live alone and have many animals relying on my hermit old ass.  My worst fear is dying alone and undetected with no soul to take over the care and feeding of same.  Maggots be damned - who's feeding the cats and critters?

I'm as much of an addict as Kimmie in some ways, yet I haven't hurt anyone, and my animals will suffer; hers will probably not.  Unfair (wolves)!!!

• Love 7

You just know when she goes out of the house now, that some paparazzo with a camera will be angling to get a picture of her in a hard hat, a day glow orange vest picking up trash along the freeway.

She has become the star of the Richards sister's once proposed show "Beverly Hills Bum", just not in the way she dreamed of.

• Love 18

No worries about the cats, walnutqueen. They hold up surprising well, actually. :)

No worries about the backyard ferals and critters - but the indoor cat without food & water?  Not so nice.  He is my last remaining spoiled baby, and can only sustain himself on my rotting carcass for so long.  :-)

• Love 7

No worries about the backyard ferals and critters - but the indoor cat without food & water?  Not so nice.  He is my last remaining spoiled baby, and can only sustain himself on my rotting carcass for so long.  :-)

I'm glad you said it WalnutQueen. ;-)

I was trying to be good by holding back and not pressing the keys.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 7

When I go on vacation my cat has a way out of the house but dang if I don't fill up three 9X13 pyrex dishes with food, three more with water, leave the lid up on the toilet and have the neighbor come over to put out more food and water outside daily. They also have the number and address of my vet. 

Besides he wouldn't starve. He is a hunter that even kills for the fun of it.

• Love 5

When I go on vacation my cat has a way out of the house but dang if I don't fill up three 9X13 pyrex dishes with food, three more with water, leave the lid up on the toilet and have the neighbor come over to put out more food and water outside daily. They also have the number and address of my vet. 

Besides he wouldn't starve. He is a hunter that even kills for the fun of it.

My remaining indoor cat hasn't been outside since I rescued him as a kitten.  He couldn't punch out my paper-thin rotting window screens on a bet - I know, because he hasn't been able to reach the birds at the feeder by the open window in 7 years!!!  (I would never be able to go on vacation, even if I could afford it again).

Kim is till doing better than I - she still has someone who has to take responsibility for her remains - lucky beyotch!!!  If I weren't so afraid of needles, I'd have instructions for the care & feeding of my animals tattooed on my forehead.

• Love 5

No, cats really do take care of themselves fairly well. My sister's cats ripped open the food bag. They did poop outside the box, though. We figure they got water from the toilet.

(I am so sorry but my sister and I used to joke about this very same thing. She's gone now and I'm left to tell the tale. I don't see dogs fairing as well as cats do. And nobody chewed on her carcass, which quite frankly surprised me. My sister is probably laughing with me as I type this, too.)

• Love 8

No, cats really do take care of themselves fairly well. My sister's cats ripped open the food bag. They did poop outside the box, though. We figure they got water from the toilet.

(I am so sorry but my sister and I used to joke about this very same thing. She's gone now and I'm left to tell the tale. I don't see dogs fairing as well as cats do. And nobody chewed on her carcass, which quite frankly surprised me. My sister is probably laughing with me as I type this, too.)

Once again - how many days/weeks/months?  My toilet's barely functional and the lid stays down; the watering bowl only holds so much, as do the food bags.  I'm talking RECLUSE, here !!! 

Pathetic and horrible as Kimmie may be, she spawned, and still has twitter followers who might actually miss her!  :-)

• Love 3

My ex husband was told he had 6months to live (Primary Colon cancer that had spread the Liver)

That was in June 2007

In 1990, I was told to get an abortion(I was pregnant) and get my affairs in order as someone in my condition would likely be dead in 2 years.. It's 2015

That baby is 24, and healthy. And me, well

Bottom line is, Doctors can be wrong. They can only go on what they know and they don't know everything

• Love 18

Once again - how many days/weeks/months?  My toilet's barely functional and the lid stays down; the watering bowl only holds so much, as do the food bags.  I'm talking RECLUSE, here !!! 

Pathetic and horrible as Kimmie may be, she spawned, and still has twitter followers who might actually miss her!  :-)

Well then, for your cat's sake, lift the lid! (It was only a day or two. We had a network of people keeping contact with her. We kind of screwed up on that one holiday weekend. I've suggested here that Kim's family does the same type of thing with her. It sounds odd but really, it just lets the family have some sort of comfort/control too.)

• Love 3

In 1990, I was told to get an abortion(I was pregnant) and get my affairs in order as someone in my condition would likely be dead in 2 years.. It's 2015

That baby is 24, and healthy. And me, well

Bottom line is, Doctors can be wrong. They can only go on what they know and they don't know everything

Yup. My first cancer mentor was given less than 3 months to live in the early 70s - he survived for another 35+.  My Mum was diagnosed with lung cancer several years ago and has yet to undergo a single treatment for it (it would probably kill her).

Glad to see I am not the only crazy cat lady here. I have 4, and a Chorkie, and 2 raccoons, and their babies that might as well be pets...Oh and an Armidillo  

I had 5 indoor kitties, but 4 were very old and died in quick succession.  I have 8 outdoor ferals who may as well be pets, though.  My backyard raccoon births her babies here every year; right now I'm corrupting another generation of those cute little masked bandits with my irresistibly endless cat food supply and mid-night hot dog treats!   The possum and skunk share in the bounty as well.  :-)

Are you sure we're not related?!?  :-D

To keep it on topic, I even offered to take Kingsley, because no human has crossed my threshold in years.

• Love 10

There should be a facebook page for all of us RH people

I agree, I've always thought that if a recent picture of the posters was included with the post there would be a lot less snark on who wore what and who looks fat.

Walnut queen you are my kind of gal! I wish I were your neighbor I would leave you the hell alone but keep an eye out for you and all your critters.

• Love 11

I agree, I've always thought that if a recent picture of the posters was included with the post there would be a lot less snark on who wore what and who looks fat.

Walnut queen you are my kind of gal! I wish I were your neighbor I would leave you the hell alone but keep an eye out for you and all your critters.

Hey, this is a recent picture ...of my inner Red Head! ;-D 

I don't care what anybody looks like. Y'all could have a single eye in the middle of your forehead, but If you're good people that's the only thing that matters, We're all pretty good here...which is why I come here to have fun and hang.

• Love 11

Wow. I don't know if schadenfreude is the right word, but it's certainly eery.

Love the sandwich line. That scene was hard to watch.

Yep, "the shoe is on the other foot," with Kim suffering from drug/alcohol addiction, living in her car, stealing items, running from store to store for Xanax...how sad. Thanks LotusFlower.

• Love 4

It's been one of those stressful days that come along about once a year (if you're lucky).  I couldn't wait to get on the board to see what shenanigans Kim has been up to.  Lo and behold, I read a post about maggots taking over human bodies, about decomposition, more tales of hair loss, visiting mortuaries, and toothy cats feeding off of dead bodies (Why not?  You're dead, anyway).  I swear, I thought today's stress had gotten to me!!!  I'm laughing at myself now, certainly NOT finding anyone's suffering to be laughable, but just sorta wondering what planet I'd landed on!   And, frankly, I don't give a flying fig whether Monty's hair looks suspiciously weird or not!  Call me nuts, but I came here to pick Kim apart, to snark or not to snark about her life, and to see cheesy pictures of her late-night forays into tobacco shops in the Valley, looking desperately for Xanax.  That alone is as close to horror as I care to get! 

Sorry for the interruption.  I'll go now, and you can resume your scary conversations while I look for some Maalox to calm my weak stomach!   lol  #laughing at myself #teasing

• Love 7

Well then, for your cat's sake, lift the lid! (It was only a day or two. We had a network of people keeping contact with her. We kind of screwed up on that one holiday weekend. I've suggested here that Kim's family does the same type of thing with her. It sounds odd but really, it just lets the family have some sort of comfort/control too.)

What? Lift the lid on the toilet seat for Kim? Guess the girl really needs help.

.......running and hiding ;-D

• Love 7

Hi, everyone! Been a long time since I was able to join in and have missed you all! So, of course, I'm my usual day late and dollar short and then some!

Would like to add my dear brother died of colon cancer and his doctor told him late in 2010 he had about six months to live. He passed last June. His treatments neither gave him nausea nor did he lose any of what hair he had left. So I'm not particularly suspicious of Monty. A lot of things go into how difficult things get or at what point is really the end. As someone said above, doctors don't know everything. We've had many occasions in our family when they were wrong. My brother actually was hit by a car when he was 4 and they first said he wouldn't live, then they said he'd never regain consciousness, then they said he'd never walk again. He did suffer impairments, but went on to relearn to walk have a long and rewarding life and credited his stubbornness and his faith.

Speaking of which, ncsocialworker, I'm very sorry about your experience. It must have been a nightmare that I just can't imagine! Many hugs and so sorry someone managed to make you feel even worse during your ordeal!  I'm thankful for your recovery!

I'd like to say, though, that I doubt the person you spoke with was trying to say in any way that she thought was superior to you because of her belief. It's more likely she was trying to express her belief that God does listen to us; ala Jesus said, "Ask and ye shall receive." I don't mean to be preachy and I don't want to get into a big hullabaloo, but the Bible's teachings are meant to be INclusive, not EXclusive and the message is that none of us are worth the blessings God gives, but that He loves us ALL enough to have sacrificed His Son for us, and ALL who desire are welcome.

Please forgive me for going on like this, but so often people take offense, and they don't like to be proselytized to, and so the things left unsaid, often in an attempt to not give offense, make for misunderstandings. Not that there aren't those who miss the true message themselves and upset everyone in the process, but I don't think in general that's the case. For me, I hope you never have to go through anything like that again, but that if you do, you will find mercy and answered prayer as well.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 9

Hmmm.....I think Brandi tweeted this in hopes that production sees it and calls to film it. I hope they don't call or film either of these 2. LOL

I doubt they'll film it.  Neither one of them are part of the show anymore.

• Love 3

I can't imagine Brandi doing all of this for Kim out of kindness.  I keep wondering what she's up to.  It could be that she's hanging on to Kim because they have a firing in common. Or, maybe she's trying to divide the three sisters. IIRC, Kathy can't stand Brandi, while Kim likes Brandi.  Or maybe Brandi needs a friend.  I'm under the impression that she doesn't have many.  Maybe it's for another reason that I haven't thought of, but why this buddy-buddy talk about Kim?  I just can't trust Brandi.  Maybe it's because every time I turn around, she's up to no good.  I think, too, that Brandi and Kim are both focused on themselves, which makes Brandi's raves about friendship with Kim seem all the more suspicious.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 5

I can't imagine Brandi doing all of this for Kim out of kindness.  I keep wondering what she's up to.  It could be that she's hanging on to Kim because they have a firing in common. Or, maybe she's trying to divide the three sisters. IIRC, Kathy can't stand Brandi, while Kim likes Brandi.  Or maybe Brandi needs a friend.  I'm under the impression that she doesn't have many.  Maybe it's for another reason that I haven't thought of, but why this buddy-buddy talk about Kim?  I just can't trust Brandi.  Maybe it's because every time I turn around, she's up to no good.  I think, too, that Brandi and Kim are both focused on themselves, which makes Brandi's raves about friendship with Kim seem all the more suspicious.

I think they have a lot to talk about and how they both screwed up their careers to go after Kyle for no apparent reason.  Kim is making Brandi look good these days.

I doubt they'll film it.  Neither one of them are part of the show anymore.

Brandi claims Bravo wants to keep working with her-what better way than she and Kim having lunch.  Kim probably needs the dough.

• Love 4

I think they have a lot to talk about and how they both screwed up their careers to go after Kyle for no apparent reason.  Kim is making Brandi look good these days.

Brandi claims Bravo wants to keep working with her-what better way than she and Kim having lunch.  Kim probably needs the dough.

Brandi's track record of telling the truth is less than stellar so I'm not buying it..........at least not yet.  That may be her hope but I still think it's not going to happen. When I see it on my TV, I'll admit she was telling the truth.

• Love 3

Brandi's track record of telling the truth is less than stellar so I'm not buying it..........at least not yet.  That may be her hope but I still think it's not going to happen. When I see it on my TV, I'll admit she was telling the truth.

I don't think they will film Brandi/Kim lunch either BUT I DO think that is what Brandi is hoping for and that is why she tweeted it. She is hoping her "fans" pester Andy/Bravo to film it and that pressure will then get HER back on camera.

• Love 3

No worries about the backyard ferals and critters - but the indoor cat without food & water? Not so nice. He is my last remaining spoiled baby, and can only sustain himself on my rotting carcass for so long. :-)

I was just thinking about how he can eat your carcass but I'm glad you said it first.

For the first time in my adult life I only have 1 cat. It feels weird to just have one.

• Love 2