Type keyword(s) to search

Kyle Richards: Pantene Poster Girl

• Start Topic

I don't get the hate for Kyle's and Kim's daughters.

So they smoke and drink. As far as I know it is absolutely legal.

I think some members of the cast smoke.

Is it good for their health?

Nope but it is their rights.

And they avoid doing it on camera. So I could not care less what they do in their private time.

LIMom, if you are referring to my posts, I do not hate Kyle or Kim's daughters.  Please do not misunderstand my words.  My posts were in response to someone saying I had NO proof, NO REASON to suspect that Whitney was a hell raiser.  Yeah, I kind of did.  I really don't care one way or the other but that night I felt like backing up my claim. 

As far as the smoking?  Yes, it's legal.  But to me, purposefully drinking until you're wasted and inhaling cancerous toxins into one's lungs by smoking is stupid. 

Just as stupid as ingesting loads of supplements and doing sketchy treatments for Lyme disease.  Maybe moreso. At least one is trying to cure themselves of something. Even if she's misguided.

ETA:  taking the rest to the Yo thread

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 3

I really like the way that Mauricio is mentoring Farrah in the family business. He says he still does a lot of business with Farrah's father, too. Whatever else there is to say about the Richards/Hilton clan as a whole, I think it's great that the Umansky branch seems so tight and supportive of each other. Wonder if any of the other girls will follow into the business? Mauricio seems to be absolutely printing money over there. I think it would be really hard if, say, Alexia wanted to be a teacher or something. Just mentally, how do you keep from comparing yourself as you pursue your middle class ( but with great benefits!) career ambitions?

• Love 6

Hmm seems like Kyle is throwing her own bit of shade at Kathy and Rick. Farrah just made a huge sell. This is will sting some.

wvvgo6.png

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAQ5oh6P9fI/

It kinda cracks me up when listings give the lot size in 'square feet'.  How many people think of their lot in square feet?  IMO, the vast majority of people think in terms of acreage.  Or dimensions.  How many people 'know' how many square feet in an acre?  I didn't.  I looked it up.  There's 43,560 square feet in an acre.  So this property is a little over an acre.  The house is over 14,000 square feet.  Yikes.  I have an acre and I have a hard time imagining a home of this size sitting on it.  Yeah, I know it's Beverly Hills and land is premium but $43,500,000.....

Maybe saying the square feet makes it seem bigger to buyers because it's a 'big' number. 

• Love 4

It kinda cracks me up when listings give the lot size in 'square feet'.  How many people think of their lot in square feet?  IMO, the vast majority of people think in terms of acreage.  Or dimensions.  How many people 'know' how many square feet in an acre?  I didn't.  I looked it up.  There's 43,560 square feet in an acre.  So this property is a little over an acre.  The house is over 14,000 square feet.  Yikes.  I have an acre and I have a hard time imagining a home of this size sitting on it.  Yeah, I know it's Beverly Hills and land is premium but $43,500,000.....

Maybe saying the square feet makes it seem bigger to buyers because it's a 'big' number.

This is the way all the listings I have ever seen are written as.

I

• Love 1

This is the way all the listings I have ever seen are written as.

I

Really?  Not in my neck of the woods in the Mid Atlantic.  It's given in acreage.  Maybe it's a new thing but I've sold and bought a home in two different states in the last few years and it was acreage that was listed in the MLS.  I actually just sold a home last month I inherited and it was listed as .95 acres.  Maybe it's a regional thing.

And, from watching House Hunters, etc. it's now 'two living areas' as opposed to a living and family room.  A master bathroom  is now an en suite. 

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 4

Really?  Not in my neck of the woods in the Mid Atlantic.  It's given in acreage.  Maybe it's a new thing but I've sold and bought a home in two different states in the last few years and it was acreage that was listed in the MLS.  I actually just sold a home last month I inherited and it was listed as .95 acres.  Maybe it's a regional thing.

And, from watching House Hunters, etc. it's now 'two living areas' as opposed to a lividng and family room.  A master bathroom  is now an en suite.

Yes, it could be a regional thing. I wish a realtor would chime in.

• Love 1

And, from watching House Hunters, etc. it's now 'two living areas' as opposed to a living and family room.  A master bathroom  is now an en suite. 

I don't know if this helps but here goes-what I have seen out here in California is the lot size in the facts page put in square feet especially in places like Malibu and San Francisco where the lots tend to be teeny and can actually be close to the same size as the dwelling otherwise it is measurement such as 150 x 180-with a notation over a half acre in the marketing description.  If it exceeds an acre it may be noted as 2.5 acres.   

• Love 3

Yes, it could be a regional thing. I wish a realtor would chime in.

Just checked Zillow listings on Long Island, NY and the listings are only in acres, like: Lot: 1 acre, Lot: 0.92 acres.

• Love 2

LOLOL. Dang, jay.  Let it go.

$43 million??  Kyle's hashtag: in house double ender means that they are the brokers and the agents that sold the house, right?  If so, I think that means that they share that commission with nobody outside the agency.

It means they represent both the buyer and the seller and double ending can walk a very fine ethical line.

Here's a WSJ article from 2014. But if you just Google "real estate deal double ender" the vast majority of initial hits question the ethics.

• Love 2

So I have  a question-if you have a listing and you also have a client that is looking to buy and they want to buy a house you have listed what do you do?  All I have ever heard is that if a listing agent delivers the buyer they may offer to reduce their commission.  It seems if the contract for sale is legal it would reflect the wishes and rights of both parties.  Would there someday be a class of real estate agents/agencies who are listing agents only and other agents/agencies that represent buyers only?  California does not use attorneys in real estate deals.  At a listing price of $43 million it would seem whatever contract for sale would be carefully scrutinized.

Years ago when Mauricio was with Hilton& Hyland he listed LVP's home.  When it came time for her to buy she went with Martin and Mohamed.  I am not saying she could not do whatever she wanted-it just seemed she used Mauricio's superior marketing credentials to get her home sold and the easy side-buying she used her close friends.  It raises interesting questions.  I never thought there was any bad blood until LVP and Ken brought it up at the Reunion and then again Season 4.

ZM it's a Duel Agent in NY. You can read about it here. The first house I sold was my own pocket listing. I was over joyed, though it never happened again, LoL. I was only in RE for a few years before I was hit from behind at a stop light going to take a look at a house. After that accident I stopped working for awhile and eventually worked in another field.

http://www.dos.ny.gov/licensing/lawbooks/RE-Law.pdf

Edited by talula
  • Love 3

In our county in SWFL the area listings are at the whim of whomever at the property appraiser's office does the data entry. Entries of lot square footage and/or its acreage can vary from property to property on the same street.

Frequently Realtors will use county property records for their Zillow/Trulia listings so are at the mercy of the county employee's data entry. Sometimes the employees just use old deeds for their info.

I'm a little more amazed at Kyle's bragging about the "double ender" sale.

In FL the buyers are able to use, and usually do choose to use, a buyer's agent. Likewise with sellers using a seller's agent. I would not use an agent who is representing the person from whom I am trying to get a good/fair deal. Seems odd.

At that point who are Mauricio/Farrah really representing?

• Love 1

I did when I bought my house.  I liked her (still do actually, we became friends later.)  There is a disclosure they need to do with both parties, seller and buyer, but actually I think it helped me out a bit more.  My case was a tad different though.

Anyway, it's not uncommon.  Bragging about "double ending" it on social media?  Bad.  Really bad.

• Love 3

In our county in SWFL the area listings are at the whim of whomever at the property appraiser's office does the data entry. Entries of lot square footage and/or its acreage can vary from property to property on the same street.

Frequently Realtors will use county property records for their Zillow/Trulia listings so are at the mercy of the county employee's data entry. Sometimes the employees just use old deeds for their info.

I'm a little more amazed at Kyle's bragging about the "double ender" sale.

In FL the buyers are able to use, and usually do choose to use, a buyer's agent. Likewise with sellers using a seller's agent. I would not use an agent who is representing the person from whom I am trying to get a good/fair deal. Seems odd.

At that point who are Mauricio/Farrah really representing?

So if they tell the buyer to get another agent, they are essentially shooting the seller in the foot, saying oh my client needs someone else to negotiate a lower price? It seems like a catch 22. If they tell the seller, with whom they have the listing, you need to get a different agent to hold your price firm. It would seem the seller is going to accept the price that is presented, regardless of who the agent is. It just seems strange. So I think they are representing the seller and the buyer. We don't know what the property sold for but if it sold it would seem that all parties would be satisfied. I would think abandoning a client (either seller or buyer) would be the unethical thing to do.

I think if you are going to announce a sale, which is pretty common place, it will appear in Realstalker and the LA Times, you would mention you represented both ends. The publications will.

I watch "Million Dollar Listing" and both the Joshs have represented both sides and they disclose the same. I guess it must be commonplace in high dollar real estate in LA.

• Love 1

The worst she can do is 1/6 of the commission-  nice payday about $300,000.00.  She can pay for next year's yacht trip.

There is no way anyone can know what the commission rate is. A home like this the sellers aren't going to be stupid and pay the 6% that USED to be standard. That formula died years ago for homes in this price range. I haven't paid more than 2% on my home or business listings in over 10 years. 2% was a lot of money in these price ranges. 

OH yes, people still quote www.celebritynetworth.com as if its legit. SO of course its on the internet, so it must be true. haha

Edited by This2getsold
  • Love 5

I think state laws differ.  In my case, I was buying in a small town, and decided to have the listing agent show me several available houses, since two of them were hers.  I'd been looking for quite a while in several areas and states, and had a "feel" for the agents by then.  I liked her on the phone quite a bit, liked her more in person.  She knew everything about the house, since not only had a friend of hers owned it (before the present owner) she also knew the people who had renovated it.

There were several disclosure forms she gave me, officially notifying me that she was also the seller's agent.  It was my choice, but I decided to go with her.  The house I chose to buy was one of the two she had listed here (I looked at six.)  Actually, in my case, the bank was about to foreclose on the seller, so I was mostly working with the bank requirements, but technically the seller still owned the house.

Since then, as I said, we became good friends, and she has an excellent reputation, she is often both the seller and buyer's broker, because people like working with her and she's very honest.  In general, I agree with you, it's probably better to have your own agent.  In my case, no regrets though.

• Love 5

There is no way anyone can know what the commission rate is. A home like this the sellers aren't going to be stupid and pay the 6% that USED to be standard. That formula died years ago for homes in this price range. I haven't paid more than 2% on my home or business listings in over 10 years. 2% was a lot of money in these price ranges. 

OH yes, people still quote www.celebritynetworth.com as if its legit. SO of course its on the internet, so it must be true. haha

My number was based on 5% which seems to be the standard of "Million Dollar Listing, LA".  If Farrah had both ends of the sale then her number would have doubled.  I can see there be a reduced rate but with that I would think the seller assumes some of the marketing costs.

I agree about the celebritynetworth.com site-more guesstimating and not necessarily educated guesstimating

• Love 2

An agent representing both the seller and buyer is theoretically a conflict of interest, they're supposed to act in the interests of one particular party, but real estate agents are mostly acting in their own interests, the commission they get for the transaction.

• Love 2

The broker is The Agency, which Mauricio is part owner of. We don't really know how big his share of the ownership is (although he co-founded with at least two other brokers, there may be several more "silent" partners/investors).

• Love 2

Maybe if it's under an acre, it's in square feet. I sold my 2 acre lot in October, and that was listed as such. I listed my house in Sept. and my lot size was listed in square feet.

Where I live, both the lot size (even if under an acre) and the sq ft of the house are listed in the property description but I live in a semi rural area.

It's theoretically a conflict of interest to represent both the buyer and seller, but it is legal and extremely common in CA. 5% is standard here as well, and split between the selling and buying agents. If the realtor represents both sides, they can reduce their fee.

Because land is at such a premium out here, it's also very common to list in square footage and not acreage.

• Love 1

Where I live, both the lot size (even if under an acre) and the sq ft of the house are listed in the property description but I live in a semi rural area.

We never built where my lot was, but all lots in that development were 2 acres and up. All the houses for sale there have the square footage. This is 15 miles away from San Antonio. My house that in just sold is in SA and the lot size and house size are both listed. However, I think all lot sizes should be listed in acreage. Even if it'd 1/16th of an acre!

• Love 2

Sooo...since I was the one who brought this up, it seems that lot sizes are given in different way according to region.  BTW, I think it an interesting discussion.  When I sold one of my mother's properties, my agent represented me the buyer.  It wasn't a problem for me but there was a disclosure form I had to sign.  We've used her a few times and she's a great realtor.  That's what it's about when dealing with real estate.  I've learned from experience.

And since we've been discussing this and apologize for going off topic but it's another two days until a new episode, I've seen another thing that a few realtors are doing in my area that I find really annoying and that is listing the square footage of a finished basement with the rest of the square footage.  I noticed this when the house across the street from me was for sale.  I looked at the listing and was 'whoa', there's no way this house is that big.  After thinking about it for a while, I figured it out that the basement was being included.  And no, it wasn't even a case of a 'walk out' in the rear.  I call it deceptive advertising. 

• Love 4

Sooo...since I was the one who brought this up, it seems that lot sizes are given in different way according to region.  BTW, I think it an interesting discussion.  When I sold one of my mother's properties, my agent represented me the buyer.  It wasn't a problem for me but there was a disclosure form I had to sign.  We've used her a few times and she's a great realtor.  That's what it's about when dealing with real estate.  I've learned from experience.

And since we've been discussing this and apologize for going off topic but it's another two days until a new episode, I've seen another thing that a few realtors are doing in my area that I find really annoying and that is listing the square footage of a finished basement with the rest of the square footage.  I noticed this when the house across the street from me was for sale.  I looked at the listing and was 'whoa', there's no way this house is that big.  After thinking about it for a while, I figured it out that the basement was being included.  And no, it wasn't even a case of a 'walk out' in the rear.  I call it deceptive advertising. 

A finished basement and/or a finished attic are listed in sq ft here as well BUT they have to say that in the description.

• Love 1

Could that article have inserted any more exclamation points?

That said, I'd LOVE to see Kathy go after Kyle, it's about time she faced a real opponent instead of Kim.  Oh, and visa versa.  Come on girls!  Spill all the dirt about one another for a change.

• Love 3

What dirt is Kathy going to spill on Kyle?  Mauricio took some clients with him?  That's the reality of real estate.  I don't care what agency a realtor works for.   It's all about the realtor.  Kyle stole Kim's house?  Kathy had to sign the papers because the house was one third hers.  Kathy took more care of Kim than Kyle?  I highly doubt that.  I think Kathy left that to Kyle. Kyle wasn't disinvited to the wedding?  I do think Kathy threw out the comment about it being better that Kyle didn't come in a spur of the moment argument.  But I don't doubt she said it.  Then we have two of Kyle's children as well as Mauricio not being invited to the wedding.  Nope.  I don't Kathy has anything to spill about Kyle that Kyle can't throw back at Kathy.  Kathy and Rick are two very entitled people and didn't do the best of jobs raising their children. 

• Love 11

So it looks like The Agency (Mauricio) and Hilton & Hyland are splitting the $200M listing on the Playboy Mansion.  Did Rick decide to play nice for the money or is the whole feud just made up nonsense?

Meh, what is the expression?

"Money talks, bullshit walks",

Kathy doesn't have  jack$h¡+  to spill about Kyle et al. I wish that she might try. She may just get a nice surprise when Kyle and Mauricio decide to set a b!+¢_  straight.

If it is a scripted feud, then, well, maybe acting, indeed, does run in the family.

At this point, who cares?
  • Love 1

Care? I am not sure to what degree that any of us TRULY 'care'.

I mean, I don't utilize my time fretting about Fame'ho'ing women(and some men).

However, for me, personally, as a viewer of the show, and, as a poster on an eponymous forum in which I simply comment, snark, complain...about said show, I must 'care' enough. After all, I (and, apparently, others, also) write on a forum solely dedicated to that show.

*ETA to add the word 'what' in first sentence*

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 9

So it looks like The Agency (Mauricio) and Hilton & Hyland are splitting the $200M listing on the Playboy Mansion.  Did Rick decide to play nice for the money or is the whole feud just made up nonsense?

My guess is Mauricio worked with the Hilton & Hyland agents for many years and they probably all get along.  Who would spend $200 million or even $200,000. and have to wait until the owner died to take possession?

I think the feud is real as evidenced by Mauricio not being included in family events but business is business.

• Love 4

Care? I am not sure to the degree that any of us TRULY 'care'.

I mean, I don't utilize my time fretting about Fame'ho'ing women(and some men).

However, for me, personally, as a viewer of the show, and, as a poster on an eponymous forum in which I simply comment, snark, complain...about said show, I must 'care' enough. After all, I (and, apparently, others, also) write on a forum solely dedicated to that show.

Huh?

This was not an attack on you or anyone on this forum.

I unfortunately care too much about those characters too.

• Love 2

Oh, no, LIMOM! I wasn't attacking you at all, either! I am so sorry for sounding as if I was doing that. I enjoy your posts! PLEASE accept my apologies for coming across to you in that manner. It was not intentional. My tone was reflective of my thoughts and feelings NOT of you.

• Love 2

I'm sure Kathy has a lot to spill about Kyle.

Actually, all three sisters probably have a lot to spill about each other.

I do, too.  And it's not just because I dislike all three of them so much.  If my 2 sisters and I had the same nasty dynamics that the Richard sisters have, I could most certainly embarrass the hell out of both of them, and they could do the same to me.  And we're not even reality show fame hos. I would bet that any of us here with sisters could say that.

I could twist the mild dirt I have and ruin my sisters.  But thankfully, that's not the way any of us roll and it helps that our mom wasn't Big Kathy.

• Love 7

I don't know that Kathy could really spill a whole lot about Kyle. I have a 10 year age difference with my youngest sibling, and even though we are very close, I was out of the house and in college by the time he was 8 years old. The things I know about his growing up years are because I was genuinely interested enough to stay involved. 10 years is a big gap and Kathy has never seemed all that interested in Kyle as a person, IMO. So, I truly wonder just how much info she could have on Kyle's personal life that isn't "Family Lore" or something that Kim may have told her. 

The same is sort of true when it comes to Kim and Kyle. That five year age difference means that the two never had to compete for parts and Kim was already famous before Kyle would have even started auditioning. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they rarely saw each other/spent time together as children. Then, when Kyle was living in England as a teenager filming that sitcom, Kim was already out and about partying with Kathy and Rick and the Rick James entourage. 

I honestly NEVER got the impression that these three sisters were particularly close. I could see Kathy and Kim being close as they were both hard partiers, but I never really saw the three of them having much in common besides the deification of their mother. Sure, later after they all started having kids, they probably became close to each other's children, and since Kim obviously needed support (first from her mother, and then from Kyle), Kyle became a defacto support system for her. But I think Kim has resented that more than appreciated it and spent the majority of her years manipulating Kyle into feeling guilty for not being an addict and having a good family, and still being the one who took care of Kim.

• Love 7

I just watched Kyle say she was told that "it might be better if I didn't attend the wedding". 

Kathy: Wedding's at Kensington Palace!

Kyle:  Well, technically, it's in the Garden and any Joe Schmoe with the money can have a wedding there.

More words are hurled, feelings are hurt, and then Kathy says the words that launch season six:  "Well, maybe you shouldn't even come then."  Hence Kyle saying she was told it was better if she didn't attend the wedding.

Maybe something like that tit-for-tat between sisters is what Kyle used to blow up into this epic invited/disinvited/invited scenario. Kathy says she wishes everyone knew the real truth.  Could be something like that.  Spill it, Kathy.

• Love 2

I think the sisters are close in a love/hate/been through the wars together way.

Kathy could know a ton of secrets about Mauricio for example, since he worked for her husband.  Meanwhile, family knows stuff, they just do, especially a family that has always been in the public eye, you have to talk to someone who won't blab to the tabloids, and do what mommy drummed into them, keeping secrets. 

I think each of them knows a hell of a lot.  Will they tell?  Doubt it.  Threats?  Oh yeah, that's another Big Kathy trait, we've seen all three of these women make THREATS to each other and others about spilling the TRUTH, it's part of their DNA at this point.  Or at least their go-to response when pissed.

I do wonder if the producers of Kyle's new show about growing up will push her for more truth, for ratings you know.  Or edit it the way they want to.  It would be interesting to see how much "final cut" control (if ANY) Kyle has.  No wonder Kathy is concerned, there is a lot of dirt hidden away that she doesn't want exposed.

• Love 5