Type keyword(s) to search

Mistresses - General Discussion

• Start Topic

i just noticed that the last 2 episodes of the season are being aired on Monday and Tuesday. That's usually not a good sign ( the remaining episodes are just being "burned off"). Does anyone know if the show's future has been decided/announced?

• Love 1
10 hours ago, mamey2422 said:

I'm confused. Did we learn anything new about what happened to Joss the night she was attacked by Wilson? Her conversation with Harry was off-camera which was strange since I felt they were building up to a big reveal based on her PTSD, flashbacks and participation in the IMPACT classes. 

I don't mind a little wack in a soapy show like this but this storyline went totally off the rails. 

Not really, there might be a last minute twist in the last 2 episodes though, but yeah, it's been dragged out for far too long.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Wait, what?!?   Harry has a teenage son?  This is what happens when you watch online, you miss the stupid previews.  Off to find.....

Yup it's in the promo.

1 hour ago, TVForever said:

i just noticed that the last 2 episodes of the season are being aired on Monday and Tuesday. That's usually not a good sign ( the remaining episodes are just being "burned off"). Does anyone know if the show's future has been decided/announced?

Not yet, but based on spoilers, it should be.

• Love 1

So, we still don't know what Wilson did to Joss ?  Are they ever going to address this ?

And there will be absolutely no repercussions from Joss beating the shit out of that guy last episode -- AND -- pointing a loaded gun at her Impact friends.  Nothing at all, and it's never going to be discussed.  She likely put that guy in the hospital.

So Kate puts up a website and thinks that the world will beat a path to her door based on her shitty photographs ? And that is all she is going to do to drum up business ?  FFS ! Man, she is stupid.

Shoeguy's wife comes into April's store because she thinks that Kate is the woman that Shoeguy "is still in love with" -- man, will Shoeguy's wife be surprised to find out it's actually Joss.

Lydia stalks Karen to try and apologize and then appears to have ODed on pills in her apartment.  Except not really, since she really didn't know when Karen would should up.  I'm so bored with this sub-plot.

Sofia has really big teeth -- and they are really white, like Ross from 'Friends' glow in the dark white.

How come Joss is so good at lying any other day, but when she lies about April's pregnancy she is all awkward and dorky and it's such a huge tell.

Really Karen -- truck full of feathers.  Wow that is bad writing.

And April can't find a convenient time to tell Mark that he will be a father -- because she wants him to come back to her because he wants to, not because he feels obligated to.  April really is the dumbest of the mistresses, and that's saying something.

Meanwhile, Mark and Sofia's shitty music career is taking off, and will be taking Mark on the road.  Whatever.

Joss and Harry get instant-married on the beach outside the bistro that they are planning to buy.  Don't you need witnesses ?  And their vows are just terrible, and they do it while the tide is coming in, so they get their feet soaked in the process.  I hope the judge/realtor expenses a new pair shoes for the ceremony.

Where did Karen get her psych degree from -- because she should be forced to give it back ?  Why did she keep approaching Lydia and backing her on to the balcony ?  And then as the fire dept. sirens approach (they could be for a different completely unrelated call) and Lydia climbs the balcony railing, Karen runs to grab Lydia and her heel breaks -- I bet Karen "accidentally" pushes Lydia off the balcony when she stumbles.

• Love 2

So, we still don't know what Wilson did to Joss ?  Are they ever going to address this ?

Probably no, got to force that happy ending, they're already setting that up with the rushed wedding and April's pregnancy.

And there will be absolutely no repercussions from Joss beating the shit out of that guy last episode -- AND -- pointing a loaded gun at her Impact friends.  Nothing at all, and it's never going to be discussed.  She likely put that guy in the hospital.

Suddenly that's no longer a problem unlike the last time she did that only a few episodes ago.

So Kate puts up a website and thinks that the world will beat a path to her door based on her shitty photographs ? And that is all she is going to do to drum up business ?  FFS ! Man, she is stupid.

Shoeguy's wife comes into April's store because she thinks that Kate is the woman that Shoeguy "is still in love with" -- man, will Shoeguy's wife be surprised to find out it's actually Joss.

She fits right in.

Lydia stalks Karen to try and apologize and then appears to have ODed on pills in her apartment.  Except not really, since she really didn't know when Karen would should up.  I'm so bored with this sub-plot.

It's just more contrived drama that goes nowhere and gets dropped for no reason, it's been a major recurring theme.

And April can't find a convenient time to tell Mark that he will be a father -- because she wants him to come back to her because he wants to, not because he feels obligated to.  April really is the dumbest of the mistresses, and that's saying something.

By her logic, she'll never get to tell him because he'll have already moved on like he did with Sofia quickly after that 'breakup'.

Joss and Harry get instant-married on the beach outside the bistro that they are planning to buy.  Don't you need witnesses ?  And their vows are just terrible, and they do it while the tide is coming in, so they get their feet soaked in the process.  I hope the judge/realtor expenses a new pair shoes for the ceremony.

It's part of the rushed happy endings, everything has been lackluster from April's forced pregnancy to keep Mark to whatever the PTSD plot was supposed to waste an entire season on that nonsense.

Where did Karen get her psych degree from -- because she should be forced to give it back ?  Why did she keep approaching Lydia and backing her on to the balcony ?  And then as the fire dept. sirens approach (they could be for a different completely unrelated call) and Lydia climbs the balcony railing, Karen runs to grab Lydia and her heel breaks -- I bet Karen "accidentally" pushes Lydia off the balcony when she stumbles.

These 'Mistresses' are so terrible at their jobs, like Joss and her PR work or whatever the hell April does with her shop that doesn't seem like anyone would go there IRL.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Free said:

These 'Mistresses' are so terrible at their jobs, like Joss and her PR work or whatever the hell April does with her shop that doesn't seem like anyone would go there IRL.

Don't forget that Joss built up her wildly super-successful PR firm in about a year all while suffering from the PTSD, dontcha know.

I guess Michael doesn't get to advise April about her pregnancy issues with Mark -- I bet we never see that dude again.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Don't forget that Joss built up her wildly super-successful PR firm in about a year all while suffering from the PTSD, dontcha know.

I guess Michael doesn't get to advise April about her pregnancy issues with Mark -- I bet we never see that dude again.

One hell of a PTSD.

Something is off about Adam. He springs a lunch with his parents on Karen really soon after they had the big fight about how they met; oh, and by the by, his parents have hated all the other women he's introduced to them. Then at lunch, while he's using the bathroom, the parents wink-wink, nudge-nudge Karen about her book. It's like he hired actors to play his parents, so that he can make a big show to Karen how she was the only girlfriend they've ever liked. And he acts too "perfect" in general, which gives me the creeps. Of course Karen, worst psychiatrist in the world that she is, ignores all warning signs and leaves him alone with her child.

I had to laugh at Joss doing the "beautiful mind" (still can't type that without laughing) stuff with the notes on the bed. No wonder she couldn't make the math work for their business acquisition. That's what spreadsheet software is for.

I hated that the girl talk regarding April's pregnancy was all about "but I want Marc to want to come back because of me" and nothing about the practical realities of her having a second child as a sole breadwinner/single mother when finances are already tight.

• Love 3

I hated that the girl talk regarding April's pregnancy was all about "but I want Marc to want to come back because of me" and nothing about the practical realities of her having a second child as a sole breadwinner/single mother when finances are already tight.

The baby is nothing more than a plot contrivance to force them together and even then it wouldn't be natural considering the circumstances.

I had to laugh at Joss doing the "beautiful mind" (still can't type that without laughing) stuff with the notes on the bed. No wonder she couldn't make the math work for their business acquisition. That's what spreadsheet software is for.

It's why I can't buy her running a business.

Something is off about Adam. He springs a lunch with his parents on Karen really soon after they had the big fight about how they met; oh, and by the by, his parents have hated all the other women he's introduced to them. Then at lunch, while he's using the bathroom, the parents wink-wink, nudge-nudge Karen about her book. It's like he hired actors to play his parents, so that he can make a big show to Karen how she was the only girlfriend they've ever liked. And he acts too "perfect" in general, which gives me the creeps. Of course Karen, worst psychiatrist in the world that she is, ignores all warning signs and leaves him alone with her child.

It does seem very fake, but this show has been forcing a HEA with both Joss and April that it seems like they'll just force something with Karen as well.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Meanwhile, Mark and Sofia's shitty music career is taking off, and will be taking Mark on the road.  Whatever.

And no record label sends a band out on tour without first signing them and recording an album for them to promote. Going out on tour is expensive.

I did not get Joss being so bored with her job and her company already. Wasn't it only a few episodes ago that she was starting her business and trying to get clients? Or maybe that was last season, I forget. She sure went from having no clients to having too many awfully fast.

At this point, I would not be sad if this show doesn't return. It used to be a fun, soapy summer show and not it is just so boring. They need to bring back Savi or at least have an actual mistress character.

• Love 2

Shoeguy's Wife:  Are you the woman sleeping with a married man?  Everything was fine in my marriage until he told me a week ago that he was in love with someone else.

Kate: Oh my god!  Shoeguy is still in love me!  We still have a chance!

Uhm....did you not hear the part about him still being married when he told you he was divorced????  Dumbass!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Jadzia said:

And no record label sends a band out on tour without first signing them and recording an album for them to promote. Going out on tour is expensive.

I did not get Joss being so bored with her job and her company already. Wasn't it only a few episodes ago that she was starting her business and trying to get clients? Or maybe that was last season, I forget. She sure went from having no clients to having too many awfully fast.

At this point, I would not be sad if this show doesn't return. It used to be a fun, soapy summer show and not it is just so boring. They need to bring back Savi or at least have an actual mistress character.

Yeah, it's why the show got boring, the characters became insufferable and dumber than ever.

34 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

Shoeguy's Wife:  Are you the woman sleeping with a married man?  Everything was fine in my marriage until he told me a week ago that he was in love with someone else.

Kate: Oh my god!  Shoeguy is still in love me!  We still have a chance!

Uhm....did you not hear the part about him still being married when he told you he was divorced????  Dumbass!

I can see why her last relationship didn't work.

4 hours ago, Jadzia said:

Exactly, up until 2 episodes ago, she only had ONE client!

• Love 2

FYI, Hulu posted a "preview" clip that has a different actress introducing herself as Karen Kim. Possibly Yunjin Kim is not planning to return to the show? If you have Hulu, it's under "Clips."

Edited by LaChavalina
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, KaveDweller said:

Joss has gone through like 5 careers throughout the course of the show. She should not be starting a business with that attitude.

And right after she conveniently ended her PTSD and drug problems.

2 hours ago, LaChavalina said:

Yep, Joss was just trying to line up clients at the start of the season. On the plus side, she managed to kick a drug habit pretty quickly and with absolutely no withdrawal. 

All her problems conveniently disappeared like it never happened all season long.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, LaChavalina said:

FYI, Hulu posted a "preview" clip that has a different actress introducing herself as Karen Kim. Possibly Yunjin Kim is not planning to return to the show? If you have Hulu, it's under "Clips."

ABC has been quite careless with spoilers.

Yes !!!!! Karen is dead.  So, does Alex get baby Vivian ?  Thank goodness the giant picture of Karen at the funeral was not one with her terrible S4 haircut.

The icing on the cake -- Lydia is at the funeral.  She's the reason Karen is dead -- WTF is she even doing there ?

So Karen killed accidentally killed herself -- what an idiot !!

Karen .... my hero.  Give me a break Joss -- she really is overselling Karen, and leaving out the uber-sexy psychologist who banged her patients parts.  Does Karen not have parents or any relatives attending the funeral ?

Savi gets a name drop -- that she is 8 and half months pregnant, and half a world away and thus couldn't fly in for the funeral.  So who's the baby daddy this time ?

Mark postponed his music tour because Karen died -- but he barely knew Karen.  And April still hasn't told him she's pregnant.

Finally, April spills the beans and Mark basically proposes on the spot.  Seriously, Karen has no relatives to assist in packing up her apartment -- it's just weird that only her friends are doing it.

Kate and Joss settle their differences over Shoeguy.  And reveals that she got secret married to Harry around a week ago, I guess.

And then Adam shows up for some reason -- what the hell is he doing there ?  I'm just surprised they didn't find Lydia in one of the closets.

Cut to around 8 months later where Joss has just given birth.  Seriously, the fuck ??  April is there with Mark's demonspawn.  Who is that other kid there with Lucy ?  Turns out it was Scotty -- who I can barely remember.

And there is urgency afoot because of Harry's grand restaurant opening the next day or two.  And Kate is hitting on a prospective waiter named Gabe who's from New York and a big fan of Harry's TV show.

April named her baby Stella. And Joss named her baby Lorelei.  Sure, whatever.
And Mark and April are married -- all in less than 8 months.

April spots a dark haired woman who is built like Karen -- and thinks it's a ghost or a vision or a spirit.  That's what this show needs -- more ghosts.

Kate tries to hit on this Gabe guy .... again .... and Gabe tells her that she is his aunt.  Awkward !!!  I guess we should just be glad she didn't bang him first.

I can't believe that Kate is still hanging around L.A. after 8 months -- is she still roomies with Randy ?  Did her photography business take off (probably not if she is interviewing people for Harry at the bar) ?

Kate just has to tell Joss about her nephew Gabe -- why in the fuckity fuck wouldn't she tell Harry first ?  And the baby mommma is someone name Serena Thompson.

Mark is way over the top obsessive/compulsive about the baby.  And unbelievably April call him out on his shit.

Joss wakes Harry up at 5:45am to talk about his secret son.  Because that's the time of day to talk about your secret children.  Seriously, they are just going to take Gabe's word for it -- get a paternity test FFS !!

April goes to the local coffee shop -- and after really badly acting a fake yawn -- get surprised that the barista says that her friend, Karen, was just there and then gives her a receipt with Karen's signature.

Who is this guy that Kate is walking down the pier with ?  Because he is apparently chock full of life lessons to share with Kate, as he is her new gay best friend.  So what happened to Randy ?  And he kind of looks a bit like Wilson -- how is that not freaking Joss out ?

Harry is a bit testy with Gabe since he isn't buying the whole secret son scam.

April and Harry are convinced that Karen faked her death.  They still haven't indicated who has baby Vivian. But after phoning Karen's relatives in Korea who confirmed that they never received her ashes, and the funeral home confirmed that they never sent the ashes Joss and Karen are convinced Karen is alive.  These two are just too stupid to live.

Harry gets the news that Gabe is in fact his son. Dun, dun, dun, dun !!!

How long before Joss gets bored of her baby and sells her, or gives her away.  Kind of like her business.  And it's all because Harry isn't more involved with the baby -- it's been like 2 or 3 days since the kid was born.

Harry offers to Gabe to stay in L.A. with him and Joss and Lorelei -- seriously, the kid could be a serial killer and still be his son, he knows nothing about him.

Harry's restaurant is called 'Playa'.  How original for a restaurant on the beach.  And Gabe accepts Harry's offer to stay -- which he didn't tell Joss about.

Cut to the next morning as April is opening up her store -- and in walks the mystery woman who introduces herself as Karen Kim.  April has a deer in the headlights look to her.  My money is that she is Karen's relative or something similar -- if they go with reincarnation or massive re-constructive surgery, I think I'm out.

So, 13 episodes later and we still have no idea what Wilson did to cause Joss' PTSD. Funny thing, Joss never talked about her PTSD to anyone.
And it looks like Joss finally shook off Jackie's Impact classes, because Jackie up and disappeared from the show like a fart in the wind. 
And Joss managed to assault not one but two people this season and paid no penalty for it.  She should be in jail for assault.
And the whole season-long nonsense with creepy billionaire Jonathan just petered out -- what a waste of time.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, Free said:

ABC has been quite careless with spoilers.

It's going to be pretty hard to swap out actresses when the Karen character fell off a 3 or 4 story balcony, was pronounced dead and cremated.
Then again, maybe Karen took a tip from Paul (april's first husband) and faked her own death -- though falling off a balcony is kind of tough to pull off.

• Love 1

WTF did I just watch?!?! Yunjin Kim and Alyssa Milano were the only big-name stars of this show - if they're both out, the show needs to be put out of its misery already.

1 hour ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

if they go with reincarnation or massive re-constructive surgery, I think I'm out.

Sadly, I think massive reconstructive surgery is what they'll go with if there's a fifth season. Probably something like paperwork got switched at the hospital and another person actually died, nobody noticed because Karen was mutilated from the fall, Karen had amnesia, i.e. all the soap opera tropes you can imagine. And of course she's had a miraculous recovery and walks with nary a limp a year later, nor has any visible scars. Also convenient that neither of her "best friends", who both gave birth to baby girls less than a year after she died, named their babies after Karen, so there'll be no confusion when Karen is back in the picture.

And because the Karen plot isn't soapy enough, we also get a long-lost son for a guy who doesn't even care about the kid that he knows of. Good times!

Savi gets a name drop -- that she is 8 and half months pregnant, and half a world away and thus couldn't fly in for the funeral.

It's like Oprah - everyone gets a baby. Even a character that hasn't been on the show for the past two seasons.

Mark is way over the top obsessive/compulsive about the baby.

And yet he lets the baby fall asleep on her tummy (SIDS risk), in the open sun when it's hot enough for her to get a sunburn (and probably heat stroke). *facepalm*

Who is this guy that Kate is walking down the pier with ?  Because he is apparently chock full of life lessons to share with Kate, as he is her new gay best friend.  So what happened to Randy ?  And he kind of looks a bit like Wilson -- how is that not freaking Joss out ?

That's the stylist that Jonathan hired for Harry earlier in the season. No idea why he had anything to do with Harry after that, since Harry wasn't keen on him in the first place, and he certainly wouldn't have needed his services while preparing for the restaurant opening. And speaking of Wilson, the actor's name is Wilson Cruz; he played Rickie on My So-Called Life.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

It's going to be pretty hard to swap out actresses when the Karen character fell off a 3 or 4 story balcony, was pronounced dead and cremated.
Then again, maybe Karen took a tip from Paul (april's first husband) and faked her own death -- though falling off a balcony is kind of tough to pull off.

If it's anything like Paul, she'll just end up making it useless in the end.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, LaChavalina said:

This episode was probably named in honor of the indifference the writers felt while they were spinning this crap.

Then it should've been "The Show Must Not Go On" since basically everyone is married and has a bunch of kids.

WTF did I just watch?!?! Yunjin Kim and Alyssa Milano were the only big-name stars of this show - if they're both out, the show needs to be put out of its misery already.

What else is there?  All the drama was a complete was of time and we've had plot points dropped left and right for nothing.  Who cares about this new Karen and who cares about Harry's child when the show is filled with kids already.

7 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Yes !!!!! Karen is dead.  So, does Alex get baby Vivian ?  Thank goodness the giant picture of Karen at the funeral was not one with her terrible S4 haircut.

The icing on the cake -- Lydia is at the funeral.  She's the reason Karen is dead -- WTF is she even doing there ?

So Karen killed accidentally killed herself -- what an idiot !!

Karen .... my hero.  Give me a break Joss -- she really is overselling Karen, and leaving out the uber-sexy psychologist who banged her patients parts.  Does Karen not have parents or any relatives attending the funeral ?

Savi gets a name drop -- that she is 8 and half months pregnant, and half a world away and thus couldn't fly in for the funeral.  So who's the baby daddy this time ?

Mark postponed his music tour because Karen died -- but he barely knew Karen.  And April still hasn't told him she's pregnant.

Finally, April spills the beans and Mark basically proposes on the spot.  Seriously, Karen has no relatives to assist in packing up her apartment -- it's just weird that only her friends are doing it.

Kate and Joss settle their differences over Shoeguy.  And reveals that she got secret married to Harry around a week ago, I guess.

And then Adam shows up for some reason -- what the hell is he doing there ?  I'm just surprised they didn't find Lydia in one of the closets.

Cut to around 8 months later where Joss has just given birth.  Seriously, the fuck ??  April is there with Mark's demonspawn.  Who is that other kid there with Lucy ?  Turns out it was Scotty -- who I can barely remember.

And there is urgency afoot because of Harry's grand restaurant opening the next day or two.  And Kate is hitting on a prospective waiter named Gabe who's from New York and a big fan of Harry's TV show.

April named her baby Stella. And Joss named her baby Lorelei.  Sure, whatever.
And Mark and April are married -- all in less than 8 months.

April spots a dark haired woman who is built like Karen -- and thinks it's a ghost or a vision or a spirit.  That's what this show needs -- more ghosts.

Kate tries to hit on this Gabe guy .... again .... and Gabe tells her that she is his aunt.  Awkward !!!  I guess we should just be glad she didn't bang him first.

I can't believe that Kate is still hanging around L.A. after 8 months -- is she still roomies with Randy ?  Did her photography business take off (probably not if she is interviewing people for Harry at the bar) ?

Kate just has to tell Joss about her nephew Gabe -- why in the fuckity fuck wouldn't she tell Harry first ?  And the baby mommma is someone name Serena Thompson.

Mark is way over the top obsessive/compulsive about the baby.  And unbelievably April call him out on his shit.

Joss wakes Harry up at 5:45am to talk about his secret son.  Because that's the time of day to talk about your secret children.  Seriously, they are just going to take Gabe's word for it -- get a paternity test FFS !!

April goes to the local coffee shop -- and after really badly acting a fake yawn -- get surprised that the barista says that her friend, Karen, was just there and then gives her a receipt with Karen's signature.

Harry is a bit testy with Gabe since he isn't buying the whole secret son scam.

April and Harry are convinced that Karen faked her death.  They still haven't indicated who has baby Vivian. But after phoning Karen's relatives in Korea who confirmed that they never received her ashes, and the funeral home confirmed that they never sent the ashes Joss and Karen are convinced Karen is alive.  These two are just too stupid to live.

Harry gets the news that Gabe is in fact his son. Dun, dun, dun, dun !!!

How long before Joss gets bored of her baby and sells her, or gives her away.  Kind of like her business.  And it's all because Harry isn't more involved with the baby -- it's been like 2 or 3 days since the kid was born.

Harry offers to Gabe to stay in L.A. with him and Joss and Lorelei -- seriously, the kid could be a serial killer and still be his son, he knows nothing about him.

Harry's restaurant is called 'Playa'.  How original for a restaurant on the beach.  And Gabe accepts Harry's offer to stay -- which he didn't tell Joss about.

Cut to the next morning as April is opening up her store -- and in walks the mystery woman who introduces herself as Karen Kim.  April has a deer in the headlights look to her.  My money is that she is Karen's relative or something similar -- if they go with reincarnation or massive re-constructive surgery, I think I'm out.

So, 13 episodes later and we still have no idea what Wilson did to cause Joss' PTSD. Funny thing, Joss never talked about her PTSD to anyone.
And it looks like Joss finally shook off Jackie's Impact classes, because Jackie up and disappeared from the show like a fart in the wind. 
And Joss managed to assault not one but two people this season and paid no penalty for it.  She should be in jail for assault.
And the whole season-long nonsense with creepy billionaire Jonathan just petered out -- what a waste of time.

Karen's death is hands down laughably bad, her heel broke and then she died off screen.  April/Mark continue to be forced.  Joss' PTSD went nowhere like I thought it would.

• Love 4

They had to have been told that a renewal was unlikely. They dropped so many plots in order jump ahead a year and give everybody babies and spouses. Nobody wants to watch a show called Mistresses where the two main characters are faithful, married women with children. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, KaveDweller said:

But then what's with the stupid Karen storyline? 

A forced cliffhanger, again, no one is going to care about who this other Karen is.

1 hour ago, luvly said:

They had to have been told that a renewal was unlikely. They dropped so many plots in order jump ahead a year and give everybody babies and spouses. Nobody wants to watch a show called Mistresses where the two main characters are faithful, married women with children. 

Agreed, this is a big no no for a soapy relationship drama that wants to continue, especially if you have to rush 2 major couples to marriage and dump kids left and right.

• Love 2
On 7 September 2016 at 10:20 AM, Free said:

And right after she conveniently ended her PTSD and drug problems.

All her problems conveniently disappeared like it never happened all season long.

Yeah, she's the illustration of Don Draper's "this never happened" motto.

• Love 2

Last scene - April in her shop, she's looking as gorgeous as ever, and I'm thinking this shop should be one of those miscellaneous item shops that are really magic stuff shops, in this case managed by a benevolent witch. And lo and behold, she sees dead people. And "dead people" talk to her. Oh what potential for a spinoff :) 

5 hours ago, TVForever said:

This certainly played like a series finale. Even with the new storylines introduced ( Harry's new son and "Karen Kim"), I'm okay if this was the end of the show.

Neither of those storylines are interesting though: they already dumped in a bunch of kids already and this new Kim is just some nobody.

12 hours ago, NutMeg said:

Last scene - April in her shop, she's looking as gorgeous as ever, and I'm thinking this shop should be one of those miscellaneous item shops that are really magic stuff shops, in this case managed by a benevolent witch. And lo and behold, she sees dead people. And "dead people" talk to her. Oh what potential for a spinoff :) 

Only if April becomes a crime-fighting medium and is partnered with hot Daniel from Season 2. :D

• Love 2
On 9/7/2016 at 8:58 AM, Free said:

Karen's death is hands down laughably bad, her heel broke and then she died off screen. 

I was positive I must have missed something.  So what happened?  It looked like her heel broke just as she was approaching the balcony, so it somehow made her projectile right over that high railing and right off the balcony?  I would imagine, at worst, it would have caused a broken ankle.

Edited by ByTor
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I was positive I must have missed something.  So what happened?  It looked like her heel broke just as she was approaching the balcony, so it somehow made her projectile right over that high railing and right off the balcony?  I would imagine, at worst, it would have caused a broken ankle.

That's it, the next episode directly jumps to her funeral.  It's what made it so awkward since that was her very last scene.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Good. It was time. I hope it stays cancelled, and doesn't get picked up by another channel.

Finally !!!  Oh the irony that the final episode of the series was titled "The Show Must Go On".

I have to admit that I will miss Rochelle Aytes -- while her character was too dumb for words, Rochelle was gorgeous.

Oh noooeeess !!! Now we will never find out who the new Karen Kim is.  
Or what really happened to Joss at the hands of Wilson ?
Or who Gabe's mother (Serena Thompson) really is ?  
Or who Savi's new baby daddy is ? 
Or if Joss will ever be arrested for multiple assaults ? Or get arrested for faking drug prescriptions using the prescription pad she stole from Karen ? Or get in any trouble for destroying the reputation of the former PR rep of Stacey the singer ?
Or if Karen's ghost will be spending eternity banging Vivian (Alec's dead wife) and the father/son combo of Thomas and Sam Grey ?
Or will Lydia ever get a date ?
Or if Calista every recovered from her suicide attempt in jail (since she was innocent of murdering her husband, Luka, remember)? Last we heard she was still in the hospital.
Or what was the whole point of the creepy billionaire Jonathan sub-plot ?
Or who has custody of baby Vivian ?
Or what happened to Shoeguy, and Shoeguy's wife (maybe ex-wife at this point) ?
Or what happened to Michael, now that he's BFFs with April ?
Or is Joss being stalked by Jackie to come back to Impact class -- or get Joss to join the Best Friends of Marisol Memorial club, especially since Joss and Marisol were such good friends that Joss felt the need to avenge her death ?
Or where did Randy go ? Randy and Kate were roomies and now he's just gone, replaced by Harry's former style consultant (that seemed to come out of nowhere).
Or did Grandma Malloy ever get a new liver ?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Kate can go for a long walk off a short pier.

• Love 5

Sorry, I missed most of this season...and last. If Karen died, what happened to her baby?  I saw a few minutes of the start of the episode and the man she used to work with was there.  What was the point? I can't remember, but I thought Karen was Savi's friend?  In fact, wasn't Savi and April good long time friends, Savi became friends with Karen and thus formed the "circle" and they invited Joss in when she was with Savi because she could not find a job and was living with Savi and Harry? 

My god, this mess made the British version look like an old classic by a great writer. I have no idea how it was renewed after seasons 2 and 3. 

I cannot believe they had April end up with baby Mark. What total disrespect to the character..and to make him a father as immature as he was? 

Harry was always boring...giving him a sister and a son did not change that. 

• Love 1

I just finished the finale. It feels like they scrambled to throw something together after Yunjin Kim announced she wasn't coming back for a season 5. 

The most irksome thing was going through that whole storyline at the start of the season, where Karen has to save her baby from self-centered Alec and his pediatrician wife... and then they end up with the baby anyway. Farewell, Mistresses. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, catrice2 said:

Sorry, I missed most of this season...and last. If Karen died, what happened to her baby?

She had her baby over the last hiatus.  During this season, the baby's father and his new wife had sued for custody, then agreed to share with Karen. So presumably they are now raising the baby on their own.

16 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

She had her baby over the last hiatus.  During this season, the baby's father and his new wife had sued for custody, then agreed to share with Karen. So presumably they are now raising the baby on their own.

Oh Alex or Alec whatever his name is got married again?  Didn't he run away and ditched preggo Karen after Vivien's death?  Glad he's back on the wagon.  Hopefully his new relationship is cleaner and less body fluids are being swapped!

I will miss this show though ... super curious about the weird Karen story and it was a fun stupid show to keep me occupied and entertained

8 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Oh Alex or Alec whatever his name is got married again?  Didn't he run away and ditched preggo Karen after Vivien's death?  Glad he's back on the wagon.  Hopefully his new relationship is cleaner and less body fluids are being swapped!

I will miss this show though ... super curious about the weird Karen story and it was a fun stupid show to keep me occupied and entertained

Yeah, he ran away to be a doctor in some third world country, but apparently met someone new that made him forget all about the dead love of his life. He was the one least into the threesome thing, so I think he's got a shot at a new relationship.

The writers said that the weird Karen story wasn't going to be that the crazy nanny got surgery to look like her.....which I hadn't even considered, but I guess some fans were. I would be curious to hear what they were thinking, but they probably hadn't even decided.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Red Fields said:

I thought Harry had wonky sperm and that is why Savi couldn't get pregnant back in Season 1. Now he has two kids!

And Savi was supposedly 8 and a half months pregnant when Karen died and couldn't travel to the funeral so her getting pregnant wasn't an issue, so if Savi is fertile and Harry is fertile what was the problem exactly ?  Other than plot contrivance.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver

I know this is late but the Savi/Harry stuff didn't bother me because I've seen it in real life. My aunt and her ex husband tried for years and couldn't conceive. They got divorced and he was able to have 2 kids with his new wife and my aunt, in her 40s at this point, was also able to have 2 children with her husband. Sometimes for whatever reason it doesn't work between 2 people, unexplained infertility. 

• Love 1