Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Oh, Snagglepuss!

I certainly hope so!

Loved Snagglepuss --exit Stage left--is that right? ??

Foghorn Leghorn is another class act. I say, Ah say, Ah say.  Kind of reminds me of Matthew McConaghay now. 

• Love 1

There is a picture of Lola from May or June last year on the red carpet of some New Jersey Hall of Fame induction wirh Kelly . I didn’t realize Kelly was inducted into the New Jersey Hall of Fame !

I do not get letting a girl her age dress like that . I think it’s even a bit much for an adult woman .   Oh remember when Kelly was de upset that Lol was wearing legging with a short top. Not it seems like she either approves of the wardrobe or she’s given up trying  to control her choice or clothing .

• Love 3

I also was surprised how Andy and Kelly reacted to Anderson working on his partner's birthday.  My husband and I don't get much vacation time so we use it judiciously and spend it as a family vacation instead of individual vacation days..   We celebrate each birthday at our dinner meal if it is a work day or school day.   That is also how we celebrate our anniversary.  I don't think Kelly realizes not everyone gets 12 weeks vacation a year.  Happy for her but I don't know of many people with that luxury.  

• Love 7

I watched the episode they aired today on Christmas (by the way everyone, Merry Christmas...).  Loved it.  Some flashback segments to when the kids were little, Kelly dancing with the ballet, etc.  Really enjoyed the segment in which Mark went to get a Christmas tree.  Really enjoyable-it was like they were all just being themselves and were funny and warm.  No Ryan-just Kelly and her family.  I don't know if they do this kind of show every Christmas, but I am laid up with a bad back and so am kind of just hanging out at home resting up.  This was just a really nice way to spend an hour on Christmas day.

• Love 3

I’ve noticed lately, in Kelly’s Instagram posts and Instastories, that she always has this semi-smile look on her face. (that’s the best way I can describe it) She’s reached the age where the face is starting to sag, especially the jowls area. So to camouflage that fact, especially in pictures, it helps if you purposely try to smile away the sagging. You can’t walk around with a huge grin on your face all the time, so a semi-smile can do the trick. Obviously, being a good bit older than Kelly, I’ve practiced this technique myself lol! Anyway, just a little thing I’ve noticed on Kelly’s social media lately. Happens to us all eventually! 

• Love 2

I, too, noticed the selfies--most of which were squinty-eyed and in a lying down position.  It was so obvious she was trying for a smooth-faced pic, even though she's got enough Botox in her face to treat the entire Upper East Side, lol.   I can't think of even one selfie I've ever taken where I've been lying down and yet Kelly was with MARK CONSUELOS!!, her trainer, and mostly with her  #1 fan, herself!!  There for awhile, that was the only shot she'd take, lol.  She really does think she's hot stuff, lol.

Happy New Year all!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, finnzup said:

I, too, noticed the selfies--most of which were squinty-eyed and in a lying down position.  It was so obvious she was trying for a smooth-faced pic, even though she's got enough Botox in her face to treat the entire Upper East Side, lol.   I can't think of even one selfie I've ever taken where I've been lying down and yet Kelly was with MARK CONSUELOS!!, her trainer, and mostly with her  #1 fan, herself!!  There for awhile, that was the only shot she'd take, lol.  She really does think she's hot stuff, lol.

Happy New Year all!

Exactly! She’s usually lying down, and she has this glazed look on her face, almost like she’s on something. And what’s with the bubbles coming out of her mouth?  She’s been doing that a lot as of lately. ?

• Love 3
On 12/20/2017 at 10:23 AM, ByaNose said:

I hate when Andy Cohen is the co-host. It’s too “We are best friends & we’re both rich”. LOL!!! In general, I don’t mind him but just when he’s with Kelly. Everyone was going crazy for his Snoopy sweater. It was really cute and very holiday looking. He said it was a gift and it was Gucci. I checked and of course, it was super expensive. Even the sale price was pricey. Yup! Rich people problems. LOL!!!!

https://www.barneys.com/product/gucci-snoopy-c2-ae-wool-sweater-504630129.html

Just looked at the link and it's on sale for $489 which is down from $980.  $980!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 12/21/2017 at 9:46 AM, seacliffsal said:

I actually don't have a job that allows vacation days as I'm a teacher.  We get sick days and personal days which are for specific reasons.  Also, contrary to popular thought, we don't get paid for any holidays; our contracts are for the number of days we work (usually 190).  No pay for summer, Christmas break, etc.  So, yes, dome of us do have to...

What state do you work in?  OMG!  Here in Michigan you get holidays paid, as a public school teacher, and you have the choice of taking a bigger paycheck during the school year or having your salary over the whole year.  I have a friend who always chooses bigger check and then every summer starts crying she can't pay her mtg.  I do know that charter schools is like indentured servants.

• Love 1

Yes, pay is pro-rated over the 12 months, but that's not the same as being paid for holidays, the summer, etc.  Districts and states began paying the 10 month salary spread over 12 months to avoid the fiscal pitfalls that having no pay coming in during the summer caused many educators to face.  Our contracts specifically state the number of days that we work and we are generally paid only for those days.

I had never heard about teachers in any state being paid for holidays (i.e. receive pay for 197 days even though they only work for 191 days).  I will look into it as it would boost pay.  I have taught in both California and South Carolina and they are consistent with each other and with others states based on what colleagues from other states have told me.  Michigan may be different based on the role of the unions in Michigan (UAW, etc.).  However, California is a union friendly state and we never received pay for non-work days such as federal holidays.  I worked in three different school districts in CA and that was consistent among all of them.

I hate when the Guide shows Kelly&Ryan as a "Live" show, when it's not!  I am waiting to hear about Ryan's NYE and how cold it was, and how was Mariah?, His excitement over the UGA win in the Rose Bowl, since he attended college there, etc.  But the opening is just a lot of general chit-chat,  disappointing.

4 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I hate when the Guide shows Kelly&Ryan as a "Live" show, when it's not!  I am waiting to hear about Ryan's NYE and how cold it was, and how was Mariah?, His excitement over the UGA win in the Rose Bowl, since he attended college there, etc.  But the opening is just a lot of general chit-chat,  disappointing.

Yes, & re-run interviews, like today with Chris Hemsworth that obviously was taped just after Halloween because they asked him about his costume.  I hate the bait & switch shows!!!

• Love 2

Yes, & re-run interviews, like today with Chris Hemsworth that obviously was taped just after Halloween because they asked him about his costume.  I hate the bait & switch shows!!!

I was just coming by to comment! I am really surprised they didn't come back with live shows this week. Everyone else did, KLG & Hoda, The View, I think the only one who didn't is Kelly & Ryan. And the editing during the repeats is awful. The laughter is cut off and the segments are abrupt. But I do enjoy the live shows, I will be glad when they are back. 

• Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 5:45 PM, chitowngirl said:

Ryan Seacrest did NYE last weekend and has the Golden Globes red carpet this weekend. That's probably why he's not there. They could have Kelly with a guest host though.

No. Kelly needs to have her month off for Christmas. How else will she have time in Telluride, CO.?!? It ain't easy making $20 million a year. It's a struggle, people!

• Love 4

I don't think the time off is unheard of in her field. Kathie Lee is off most of the month of January and most of those shows were pretsped for the holiday season. The view also has weeks off. But there are 4-5 of them - easier to sub. 

Kelly is so thin that she can't lose four pounds without it being a concern?  It is disturbing that she is so thin that she can't lose a small amount of weight while she is sick.  It is also disturbing that she is seriously underweight, and seems to have to exercise to get rid of the tiniest bit of food she eats.   T

I had a roommate who reminds me of Kelly, she was diagnosed with exercise bulimia.   Instead of vomiting, a person over exercises compulsively to make sure they don't gain weight.  It sure seems like Kelly does something like that, and is so  obsessive over making sure she doesn't overeat. She won't even change the time of a holiday dinner so they don't over eat!    

It's sad that if someone was overweight, a doctor would be telling her it was a health concern.  But because models are mostly anorexic, and society things that being skeletal is great,  doctors rarely say that this is not healthy.    And, how many articles compliment her while showing pictures of her in bikinis with her rib cage and bones between her breast showing ?     I remember when she had a stress fracture of her hip at 40 years old! That is just not normal for someone that age.    

Sorry, but when we found out she weight 93 lbs when they did some Guiness World Book of records stunt with  person pulling a tractor trailer, that was alarming! She is 5'3", she is not at a healthy weight.   And she looks thinner now than she did at 93lbs.   

It's not just Kelly.   George Clooney's wife looks emaciated, so does do may actresses and models, and somehow everyone says it's gorgeous!

• Love 5

And I think women get that thin for other women to admire.  Not that they are interested in a relationship, just the competition.  Most (of course not all) of the men I know like a woman to look like a woman.  Curvy and soft in the "right places".  

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

And I think women get that thin for other women to admire.  Not that they are interested in a relationship, just the competition.  Most (of course not all) of the men I know like a woman to look like a woman.  Curvy and soft in the "right places".  

I agree ! Somehow women think that men want that rail thin model look, but no man I have ever known finds that look attractive . I think women somehow feel that they can bee be told thin ! 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I used to think that surely Mark must wish Kelly had an actual woman’s body. Because, like you said, most men like a woman to look like a woman. But now I believe that Mark likes Kelly’s stick figure. I definitely find that strange, a “what’s his problem?” kind of strange. I almost think he’s partly responsible for how thin she is. There’s just something disturbing and off there.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

It was really nice to see that Liam Neeson and Vanessa Redgrave still keep in close contact.  You can tell Kelly and Liam are friends in real life by the way they talk to each other.

Yes, I was happy to hear that the boys get to see their Gramma (?) & it's interesting that Kelly is friends with Liam.  He seems like a really nice guy!!!

• Love 3

Host chat was super boring last week.  There were times you could hear crickets  the audience was so quiet.      I think when Ry Ry and Kelly start talking about their lives sometimes, it just comes off as two rich celebrities who average people can not relate to.    BTW, when did Ryan become Ry Ry??

4 hours ago, finnzup said:

Can't believe Kelly thought her dad was wearing a horse head?!  I also can't believe Gelman didn't correct her. 

and omg, these trivia dancers. lol

Kelly is so removed from sports and anything if it doesn't pertain to her. Granted, she was excited for the fans in the audience but how she hasn't heard about the dog mask vs a horse head is beyond me. I was surprised that no one from the audience corrected her. I was hoping she would show the picture of her Dad so people would see it was a dog and not a horse.

16 hours ago, orangekit said:

Host chat was super boring last week.  There were times you could hear crickets  the audience was so quiet.      I think when Ry Ry and Kelly start talking about their lives sometimes, it just comes off as two rich celebrities who average people can not relate to.    BTW, when did Ryan become Ry Ry??

It does seem as if they are making an effort to not read clippings, facebook hype, and quote European sex studies.  Which is what folks complained about all through the agony of the Michael Years.  Regis was able to tell stories about being Super Rich and Super Famous, and that didn't elicit much laughter from the crowd (honestly for his last decade of the show, more people were laughing at him than with him).  

Kelly is basically a stay at home nearly-middle-aged single mom with three kids (since Mark lives in Canada for half the year).  Ryan basically works 5 jobs a day and logs more hours in airplanes in a week than many do in a lifetime.  Neither are trained comedians.  Neither has ever done standup or improv.  Thanks to his radio training, Ryan is much better at telling stories, but his anecdotes aren't gonna lead to belly laughs and confetti.

They talk about their lives.  Which is what Regis did.  Which is what KLG did.  Which is what Strahan did.  Not sure what was relatable about Joey Bishop, sweatshops, or banging a personal trainer.

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

It does seem as if they are making an effort to not read clippings, facebook hype, and quote European sex studies.  Which is what folks complained about all through the agony of the Michael Years.  Regis was able to tell stories about being Super Rich and Super Famous, and that didn't elicit much laughter from the crowd (honestly for his last decade of the show, more people were laughing at him than with him).  

Kelly is basically a stay at home nearly-middle-aged single mom with three kids (since Mark lives in Canada for half the year).  Ryan basically works 5 jobs a day and logs more hours in airplanes in a week than many do in a lifetime.  Neither are trained comedians.  Neither has ever done standup or improv.  Thanks to his radio training, Ryan is much better at telling stories, but his anecdotes aren't gonna lead to belly laughs and confetti.

They talk about their lives.  Which is what Regis did.  Which is what KLG did.  Which is what Strahan did.  Not sure what was relatable about Joey Bishop, sweatshops, or banging a personal trainer.

Yes - this is a fluff show. I gave up early in the Michael (I think I am all that and more) Strahan times. I wasn't a Ryan fan. Gave it a shot and it is pretty enjoyable for what it is.   Right now they seem to like each other. Ryan can tell a story. Kelly tells more about her life than in the later michael period when it was "I didn't do anything last night so can't tell a story".  Her life isn't like our lives. Why should it be.  Why should she pretend to be living a middle class life when she isn't. She is slammed when she minimizes her wealth and slammed when she doesn't. Anyway YMMV. Carry on!!

On 1/23/2018 at 3:53 AM, SanDiegoInExile said:

Kelly is basically a stay at home nearly-middle-aged single mom with three kids (since Mark lives in Canada for half the year).  Ryan basically works 5 jobs a day and logs more hours in airplanes in a week than many do in a lifetime.  Neither are trained comedians.  Neither has ever done standup or improv.  Thanks to his radio training, Ryan is much better at telling stories, but his anecdotes aren't gonna lead to belly laughs and confetti.

Nearly?? 47 is pretty middle-aged, in my book! Do you hit middle age at 50? This does make me feel a little better about being 60, though. I can almost get senior discounts, but I think I'll go with middle-aged for the next few years haha!

During host chat Ryan told Kelly she was a great mother. Apparently, Ryan gave her kids Christmas presents and they all sent him thank you cards. She has mentioned several times that she has the kids do this. I never heard of thank you cards for Christmas presents but whatever. Lola thanked Ryan for getting her Kanye West Yeezy sneakers. I'm 52 and never heard of them.....whatever. I looked online and they start at $200 or more. I thought it was nice for Ryan to do this. That said, rich people problems. It's so crazy that these (nice) children have super rich parents and they are getting more gifts. Once again, rich people problems. Sincerely, Bitter.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, ByaNose said:

During host chat Ryan told Kelly she was a great mother. Apparently, Ryan gave her kids Christmas presents and they all sent him thank you cards. She has mentioned several times that she has the kids do this. I never heard of thank you cards for Christmas presents but whatever. Lola thanked Ryan for getting her Kanye West Yeezy sneakers. I'm 52 and never heard of them.....whatever. I looked online and they start at $200 or more. I thought it was nice for Ryan to do this. That said, rich people problems. It's so crazy that these (nice) children have super rich parents and they are getting more gifts. Once again, rich people problems. Sincerely, Bitter.

While I think it was fine for Ryan to mention the thank you notes, I don't think he should have read them on-air. Lola obviously doesn't like for Kelly to post or share much about her with the public, and I think that reading someone's mail on national TV is an invasion of privacy. Ryan should have done that only if he asked and received permission from the kids to do so. 

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, MzTori77 said:

I think that reading someone's mail on national TV is an invasion of privacy.

But doesn't it become Ryan's mail when he receives it?

38 minutes ago, MzTori77 said:

Ryan should have done that only if he asked and received permission from the kids to do so. 

I didn't watch the show, did Ryan say he didn't ask permission to read the thank you letters?  Or is that being assumed?

While I think it was fine for Ryan to mention the thank you notes, I don't think he should have read them on-air. Lola obviously doesn't like for Kelly to post or share much about her with the public, and I think that reading someone's mail on national TV is an invasion of privacy. Ryan should have done that only if he asked and received permission from the kids to do so. 

But if he didn't read the notes, the audience would have never discovered Ryan gave Lola a pair of Yeezy's. I find the fact Kelly makes her kids send "thank you" notes pretty great. You know what wasn't great? The show yesterday, and the show today. Thursday was previously recorded, but today, Friday, is a live show.  And Maria Menounos is certainly a lovely person, inspirational. But I can't tolerate the laugh. It's not quirky or cute to me. Even the person they called for the trivia question today said very little, like they were bothering her. I really want to get back to the talk show I enjoy- not the "we are SO close, Kelly had matzo ball soup delivered to Ry-Ry when he was sick and Ry-Ry had bone broth delivered to Sudafed Kelly." And just for good measure - did you all know they are small? 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

But doesn't it become Ryan's mail when he receives it?

I didn't watch the show, did Ryan say he didn't ask permission to read the thank you letters?  Or is that being assumed?

Of course it belongs to Ryan when he receives it. Let me restate it. I think that reading a letter on national tv that someone wrote to you, without that person's permission, is an invasion of privacy. And yes, I am assuming that he did so without their permission. If he did have their permission, then obviously it's fine and dandy. 

15 hours ago, DuckyinKy said:

But if he didn't read the notes, the audience would have never discovered Ryan gave Lola a pair of Yeezy's. I find the fact Kelly makes her kids send "thank you" notes pretty great. You know what wasn't great? The show yesterday, and the show today. Thursday was previously recorded, but today, Friday, is a live show.  And Maria Menounos is certainly a lovely person, inspirational. But I can't tolerate the laugh. It's not quirky or cute to me. Even the person they called for the trivia question today said very little, like they were bothering her. I really want to get back to the talk show I enjoy- not the "we are SO close, Kelly had matzo ball soup delivered to Ry-Ry when he was sick and Ry-Ry had bone broth delivered to Sudafed Kelly." And just for good measure - did you all know they are small? 

I agree with you, I think it's great that Kelly has her kids write thank you notes. But it may be harder to get them to do so now that they know those notes could be shared with the world!

Maria's laugh......I totally agree with you. 

Wait, who's small??

Their production company (Milojo Productions) has a new show on HGTV - Carolina Reno.   I watched the first episode.  It is a typical renovation show, except there was no drama.  No hidden pipes, wires, budget overruns, etc.  Pretty straight forward.  Enjoyed it.