Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I have always thought they had gay male friends to support one of their children.  Both Mark's and Kelly's parents have been married for years and years.  Those are their role models.  Just because we don't hear about couple friends doesn't mean they don't have them.  We don't hear of every visit with their parents/siblings, etc.  Maybe they are isolated and scared of straying.  I only have my opinion to go by, but I don't think so.  Just like we don't know how many actual hours is Kelly's job.  I would bet a nickel while she doesn't work 8 hours like a lot of people and gets paid a huge sum of money that someone must think she deserves, she doesn't waltz in at one minute to 9 and leave one minute after 10.  

They may have their flaws, but I need Kelly & Ryan to start my day. I'm 66 and get up at 9am and it is so much nicer when they are on. I need a show that doesn't talk about politics. 

The only glitch is that Ryan is one of those guys who can't commit. 

• Love 2

Glad Kelly is off and Ali is back .  Friday was prerecorded and self absorbed Kelly still has to keep interrupting and  going off on tangents ! I think It is annoying Ryan , a few times he said something about the “ball”, as to refer to keeping her eye on the ball and not going on and on about stupid irrelevant crap that is off topic !

If the newborn is on spring break I am sure they will go away .  They have been away room their private home and island for months and spoiled Kelly is very whiney about her tougher job and life lately !

I wonder if we’ll be treated to more pictures to show us how hot she and Mark are d for each other as if they are in high school and she needs to brag by putting beach picture of mark adoring her boney , skeletal body ! 

Edited by marmalade
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, marmalade said:

Glad Kelly is off and Ali is back .  Friday was prerecorded and self absorbed Kelly still has to keep interrupting and  going off on tangents ! I think It is annoying Ryan , a few times he said something about the “ball”, as to refer to keeping her eye on the ball and not going on and on about stupid irrelevant crap that is off topic !

If the newborn is on spring break I am sure they will go away .  They have been away room their private home and island for months and spoiled Kelly is very whiney about her tougher job and life lately !

I wonder if we’ll be treated to more pictures to show us how hot she and Mark are d for each other as if they are in high school and she needs to brag by putting beach picture of mark adoring her boney , skeletal body ! 

I have seen rumors(and I take it as just that…rumors) about how Mark has had an affair while filming in Canada. Perhaps she is having self esteem issues and thinks that she needs to be tied to him right now to 1) Keep him from straying and 2) keep herself desirability sexually something that will entice him. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I have seen rumors(and I take it as just that…rumors) about how Mark has had an affair while filming in Canada. Perhaps she is having self esteem issues and thinks that she needs to be tied to him right now to 1) Keep him from straying and 2) keep herself desirability sexually something that will entice him. 

Kelly seems to have have had an eating  disorder for a long time ! I remember when she was on All My Children and lost a lot of weight after having Michael and looked sickly !  She did an interview and said she couldn’t get pregnant until she gained some weight at the time .  
It seems like she thinks Mark is some kind of Greek god and sometimes the gushing over him by her and Ryan is just weird !  She also needs to talk about her sex life with Mark like she’s a teenager who is doing her boyfriend and the picture of Mark looking  her her like he’s going to attack her are pathetic .   The  people who have to brag about their sex lives and post pictures like that on Instagram are usually  not getting much if any sex ! 

I do think that her behavior in general of interrupting and constantly needing to turn everything into a story about herself is another form of insecurity since Ryan is threatening to her since he has a very good relationship  with ABC /Disney and many jobs with them, while she has burned a lot of bridges with her whiney public meltdown criticizing Disney, and treating Michael Strahan like crap on live tv ! Right now I doubt she is the darling of Disney but they will keep her in this job because of ratings .
They hired Ryan for a reason and as much as their are “friends”, Ryan is super savy and she can not control him or crap on him like she did with Regis and Michael without  major consequences. He is above her diva tactics and she knows it. So , she is more bizarre than ever on the air and that is whey she has to make him seem like w child when he is only 4 years younger than her ! She may want to stop buying homes and get some therapy ! Between following her new born 19 year old to college and her wacky behavior on Live , she’s a real mess !

Edited by marmalade
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, marmalade said:

Right now I doubt she is the darling of Disney but they will keep her in this job because of ratings .

Maybe Kelllmeee is thinking about retirement now that MARK CONSUELOS!!!!! is home alone rambling around the house all by his lonesome.  Think how much adult time they could have now but the downside of that would be that she couldn't sit down for crap chat and tell us all about it!  lol

Seriously though, maybe she would consider retiring and she and Mark can spend time together and travel. We know they've amassed a fortune and they could still dabble in entertainment with their Milojo Productions,  Years ago that's all she ever talked about, she couldn't wait to 'retire' and ride off into the sunset, lol.

Love Ali and she would be the perfect choice to replace Kellmeeee, imo.

• Love 4
(edited)

I was a little surprised when she recently went on and on about Mark shutting down her request for a 4th child.  She added that Joaquin was an accident. She was thrilled though.  Apparently, everyone knows you must have 2 or 4 children, never 3.  I wasn’t aware.  Lol. She then brings in Gellman about the number children and no boys….idk.  That’s touchy.  And Ryan who has none.  I suppose these are approved topics, right?  So, everyone knew what was coming?  

Another thing, when you are super thin, what’s the upside to wearing a plain black blouse and skirt?  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

She then brings in Gellman about the number children and no boys….idk.  That’s touchy. 

Yes she made what I thought was an inappropriate comment/question and I felt bad for him because it seemed he tried to explain that he and Laurie had tried for a boy but had some trouble (can't remember his exact wording) but that was certainly the implication I got from his body language and his words.  I felt bad for Laurie at that point too.

All the talk of Ryan having babies and getting married is just too much in my opinion.  Isn't there any other topic they can chat about?  I'm really not interested in Ryan having kids by a surrogate, by a wife or a husband, whatever the case may be.  

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Another thing, when you are super thin, what’s the upside to wearing a plain black blouse and skirt?  

The upside for Kellmeee, who in my non-medical opinion suffers from some form of body dysmorphia as well as any one of a number of eating disorders along with exercise bulimia, is that she looks even skinnier than she already is.

I've been to the show, took pics with her and Strahan, had my arm around her waist, you can't believe how thin she is.  She also seemed to be in a pi$$y mood, I guess she might have been 'hangry.'  lol

Edited by finnzup
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, finnzup said:

I'm really not interested in Ryan having kids by a surrogate, by a wife or a husband, whatever the case may be.  

Seriously, who cares?  It's not like he's going to raise the kid, if he ever has one.  He's going to continue to be a workaholic and hire surrogates, day nannies, night nannies, home school teachers to raise the kid.

It is hysterical that we're talking about a 47 year old grown ass man who still hasn't decided if he wants children or not.  Only if you're a one percenter!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I’ve wondered what the deal is with Ryan.  What drives him to be so successful, famous, and upscale?  Is that really who he is?  Is it OCD?  Does working the way he does meet a need that friends, family, hobbies, etc. don’t meet? How many million is enough?  I could say the same for Kelly or Kim Kardashian.  Lol. Is it ego?  I used to compare Ryan to Dick Clark, but no longer.  

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’ve wondered what the deal is with Ryan.  What drives him to be so successful, famous, and upscale?  Is that really who he is?  Is it OCD?  Does working the way he does meet a need that friends, family, hobbies, etc. don’t meet? How many million is enough?  I could say the same for Kelly or Kim Kardashian.  Lol. Is it ego?  I used to compare Ryan to Dick Clark, but no longer.  

Maybe he keeps himself so busy to avoid some thoughts that would require action - kind of like a barrier. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

I have a feeling that Ryan is majorly repressed. He seems like a big mama’s boy and like he can’t really be himself or his mommy would not approve !

I find it very weird that Kelly texts Ryan’s mom all the time !

Ryan also seems super bored  and frustrated with his buddy Kelly ! He is able to actually  able to talk and carry on decent conversations, I hear him in the radio . But Kelly just can’t handle not making every topic , including those she reads , and every topic Ryan brings up , along with every interview , all about herself ! So narcissistic and insecure !

Ryan is so different with Ali and the host chat is fun .

Kelly seems miserable in her multimillion dollar job lately and whines and complains! Maybe she should just be a full time helicopter mommy and let Ali take over , at this point Kelly drags the show down .

Edited by marmalade
  • Love 1

I guess I shouldn’t substitute my way of thinking for others.  I tend to think that after 20-40 million, you might enjoy some relaxation, enjoying friends, family bonding, smelling the roses, etc……..Continuing to work to the point of exhaustion just escapes me.  (I’m not implying that Kelly is working her fingers to the bone. Lol)

• Love 1
7 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Apparently, everyone knows you must have 2 or 4 children, never 3.  I wasn’t aware.  Lol. She then brings in Gellman about the number children and no boys….idk.  That’s touchy.  And Ryan who has none.  I suppose these are approved topics, right?  So, everyone knew what was coming?  

That's Kelly being a mean girl. She sat smugly with her two sons and a daughter, while Gelman only has girls and Ryan has none.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Ryan can’t decide on a girlfriend or having kids or both. He’s had several girlfriends who aren’t exactly ugly. Either he’s easily bored or he’s boring to them. He can’t or won’t commit to having a girlfriend, wife or kids but slyly always mentions kids. Jeez! Just have one for god sakes. Both Anderson and Andy have done it and they hire nanny’s and seem to be doing fine. That said, I’ve never heard of a single straight actor (or any single male) adopting or hiring a surrogate for that matter. Although, I could be totally wrong on that front. I think he wants a kid but is afraid to do so in fear of something. Perhaps it his parents but they seem perfectly nice people from what I could tell. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Ryan can’t decide on a girlfriend or having kids or both. He’s had several girlfriends who aren’t exactly ugly. Either he’s easily bored or he’s boring to them. He can’t or won’t commit to having a girlfriend, wife or kids but slyly always mentions kids. Jeez! Just have one for god sakes. Both Anderson and Andy have done it and they hire nanny’s and seem to be doing fine. That said, I’ve never heard of a single straight actor (or any single male) adopting or hiring a surrogate for that matter. Although, I could be totally wrong on that front. I think he wants a kid but is afraid to do so in fear of something. Perhaps it his parents but they seem perfectly nice people from what I could tell. 

They are probably very "pro" marriage meaning one man and one woman.  I live in their general area and know lots of very nice people like that.  While I can't say for sure, that is my speculation.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

They are probably very "pro" marriage meaning one man and one woman.  I live in their general area and know lots of very nice people like that.  While I can't say for sure, that is my speculation.

I have a heterosexual female friend who wanted a biological child, to the point that when she reached a certain age and wasn’t married, she had a child by donor sperm. Her parents were thrilled and very supportive.  It seems to be working for their family. They are Jewish and live in southern US.  I think women may be more prone to take that route to parenthood.  I suppose time will tell if Ryan is serious about having a child.  

• Love 1
Just now, SunnyBeBe said:

I have a heterosexual female friend who wanted a biological child, to the point that when she reached a certain age and wasn’t married, she had a child by donor sperm. Her parents were thrilled and very supportive.  It seems to be working for their family. They are Jewish and live in southern US.  I think women may be more prone to take that route to parenthood.  I suppose time will tell if Ryan is serious about having a child.  

I'm Jewish too, but surrounded by "not Jewish".   Religion and culture play a part in life decisions.  Not all will do as others do.  My late son was gay.  Orthodox Jewry condemns him.  If we were Orthodox we might have felt that our faith precluded acceptance.  Luckily, we are not.  This might translate to single men having children by surrogate, in some faiths, not being accepted.

• Useful 1

There have been a lot of rumors about Ryan dating women who need a career boost in exchange for making him appear straight. 

Who knows if that’s true , but he does seem more excited about  talking about Mark’s looks than about any of his girlfriends !

If that is true , that is sad . But I can see his family being very traditional and Ryan does not seem like the type who likes to rock the boat or have conflict . Even if he was a matter of him just wanting to have a child by surrogate and not be married . 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, orangekit said:

There have been a lot of rumors about Ryan dating women who need a career boost in exchange for making him appear straight. 

Who knows if that’s true , but he does seem more excited about  talking about Mark’s looks than about any of his girlfriends !

If that is true , that is sad . But I can see his family being very traditional and Ryan does not seem like the type who likes to rock the boat or have conflict . Even if he was a matter of him just wanting to have a child by surrogate and not be married . 

Yes. He may not want to risk the disapproval of his family in whatever form that takes

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Willie Garson adopted a son as a single man

Yes he did. Maybe he had family support or maybe he didn’t care if he did. Lots of people do things differently depending on circumstances.  One size doesn’t fit all. 

• Love 1

It’s driving me crazy, but I’m trying to recall the name of a famous news person who adopted a son from an Asian country, I believe.  There was a recent special report on it.  He met the boy there covering a story.  The boy is now almost grown and they resemble.  I believe this man is straight.  I wish I could think of his name.  He would be a nice guest for Kelly and Ryan.  

• Love 1
12 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Yes. He may not want to risk the disapproval of his family in whatever form that takes

100% Agree.  I doubt that his mother and sister would care, but I don't expect any declarations from Ryan until after his father passes away.  I suspect that is the agreement/understanding he has made with himself. The gay southern male has plenty of cultural obstacles to overcome, many of them self-imposed.

Another major influence on Ryan in his early years was Merv Griffin (ahem ahem).  In addition to advising Ryan not to munch on the potpourri, he probably advised his protege to keep his orientation private.  Of course, the world has changed so dramatically since Merv and his pool boys of the 1950s and 1960s.

The advice to keep his personal life private is probably what kept Ryan from signing on to LIVE after Regis left.  He was safely in a "relationship" when he agreed to co-host.  He probably never expected that to flame out so quickly.

I see postings on here indicating that Ryan is fed up with Kelly.  I don't see that at all.  They have been friendly for 2+ decades and she keeps his secrets.  That loyalty counts.

• Love 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It’s driving me crazy, but I’m trying to recall the name of a famous news person who adopted a son from an Asian country, I believe.  There was a recent special report on it.  He met the boy there covering a story.  The boy is now almost grown and they resemble.  I believe this man is straight.  I wish I could think of his name.  He would be a nice guest for Kelly and Ryan.  

It's Troy Roberts @sunnybebe.  You probably saw the story on CBS Sunday Morning, like I did.  I'm not sure that Roberts is straight.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Useful 1

I enjoyed Carson today. I don’t know about everyday but today he was a nice change. Ryan seemed to really enjoy him because he got to talk about fashion. While Ryan & Kelly are longtime friends I think he’s been enjoying the different co-host for him to bounce off of. Whereas Kelly’s ticks probably annoy him on a daily basis. Friends accept that from friends but I don’t work with my friends which makes it easier. LOL!!!!

I see on my Comcast grid that Kelly is back Monday with Mark co-hosting. Mark seems to be the go to co-host guy for Kelly. Anderson is off on paternity leave and Andy is probably busy. Back in the day guest host would do the whole week like Pat Sajak or Free Savage and such. Now, Mark (who I like) is there more often. It’s basically Joy (who was good) and Frank (who was awful) as the spouse cohost. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, orangekit said:

I don't know about that, he dated Julianne Hough for 3 years at the peak of her popularity, she didn't need his help. 

Ryan is just one of those guys who can be with a woman for a long time, but balks when marriage is mentioned. He is ultra nervous about that piece of paper. He seemed pretty wrecked when he & Shayna broke up, then got back together briefly, then broke up for good. He just is incapable of taking that step.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TVMovieBuff said:

I don't know about that, he dated Julianne Hough for 3 years at the peak of her popularity, she didn't need his help. 

Right, kinda blows a hole in that theory.

I've noticed while Ryan ages like the rest of us, his girlfriends stay the same age and type.  Bob DeNiro did the same thing for decades.

2 hours ago, TVMovieBuff said:

I think that relationship was mutually beneficial in a few ways.

• Love 2

Perhaps, Ryan is not into anyone romantically and is okay with that.  I’ve read about that condition.  I’m not familiar with it enough to state terms though.  

I felt that there was an awkward moment today when Ryan described how he meticulously shapes his underarm hair.  😳 I’m not sure what to say, excepts that it was bizarre, imo.  Afterwards, he tried to back up, but it was clear how invested he was in that form of manscaping.  

• LOL 3
4 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Perhaps, Ryan is not into anyone romantically and is okay with that.  I’ve read about that condition.  I’m not familiar with it enough to state terms though.  

There are a lot of happily single people out there, myself included.  I wouldn't characterize it as a condition.

5 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I felt that there was an awkward moment today when Ryan described how he meticulously shapes his underarm hair.  😳 I’m not sure what to say, excepts that it was bizarre, imo.  Afterwards, he tried to back up, but it was clear how invested he was in that form of manscaping.  

I cannot wait to get home and see this.  It's not too often one gets a chance to see total self-absorption in its natural state.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I respect Ryan for the armpit thing. Guys look sloppy when they wear tank tops with their armpit hair "sticking out like a spider" as Ryan puts it. 

I am not going to call people self-centered simply because they care about how they present themselves to others.

Gelman is to blame for these ridiculous topics.....armpit hair!  That's the best he can do?  Hence the name, crapchat!!

He hands the hosts copies of articles he reads on-line, thinks they're funny, topical or controversial and at best, they are ridiculously awkward.

Yes, I've always wondered about Ryan's armpit hair or his other manscaping areas.  So insulting that Gelman thinks the audience is entertained by these topics.

It reminded me of Kelllmeee when years ago she asked a pair of medal-winning pairs skaters if she "shaved down there."  What in the fresh hell is that about??  

Happy Friday!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Onefineday said:

Live only every other week?

Well, it is summer after all. Wait! It isn’t. Kelly and Ryan are hardly ever on with each other or altogether. This show is a shell of its former self. I hit delete the minute I saw it was prerecorded. I thought since it was Mark cohosting I thought it would be live but he must have done it two or three weeks ago when he last hosted. 

• Love 3
On 3/8/2022 at 12:33 AM, ByaNose said:

Kelly and Ryan are hardly ever on with each other or altogether. This show is a shell of its former self

And......it's hardly ever LIVE!!

It's not even a shell anymore, it's just decayed carrion.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, justduckey said:

When are they going to bring back a live studio audience?

That's a great question.  If I were to make a guess, I think Kellmeeee, as an Executive Producer, has some say about when this will happen.

I think she's as much of a germaphobe and Nervous Nelly as she says her mother is and I'm of the opinion that she's just as happy having the interns as her audience rather than having visitors from all over the country sitting in front of her breathing all of their germs on her, lol.

16 hours ago, finnzup said:

That's a great question.  If I were to make a guess, I think Kellmeeee, as an Executive Producer, has some say about when this will happen.

I think she's as much of a germaphobe and Nervous Nelly as she says her mother is and I'm of the opinion that she's just as happy having the interns as her audience rather than having visitors from all over the country sitting in front of her breathing all of their germs on her, lol.

Kelly is only a germaphobe with regular people. She still likes to act that she never leaves her house and wears a mask all the time. I am curious how long they are going to wait for an audience return.

I’m guessing next season they will start having an audience. It’s almost April and they are usually pretty much black during the summer with pre taped episodes. Kelly will go on another 2 month trip abroad and spend every weekend in Long Island aka The Hamptons. It seems like Live and Rachel Ray are the hold outs. Personally, I’m just waiting for an actual show with them both hosting at the same time. I’m not sure but I think their names are in the title, right?

• Love 1

Pre-recorded again today.

Now that I think of it…she was on an extended vacation two years ago (when she pretended she was home) but was stuck in the Caribbean(?) for months bc of COVID. So perhaps March is just a month of no work for her/them.

Seriously, change the name of this show!!

Ate they going to California for the Oscars this year?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Crazy that they are still doing taped shows.

I always enjoy the stain guy but I notice that Kelllmeee always tries to be the expert during his segments.  It was very obvious today when she kept interjecting her own opinions and when she even answered a question that was directed at the stain guy.  Why even bother booking the experts if she can't keep her trap shut during their segments?  He looked exasperated a few times but soldiered on and did his best.

Wish they'd just show re-runs of Live! with Regis and Kathie Lee when these two prima donnas are off cavorting with their other jobs and/or vacations.  At least there would be entertaining content not the drivel these two think pass for host chat.  Case in point, Mark's extremely manly way he swishes and spits when brushing his teeth!  Are. you. kidding. me?!?!

Maybe we'll be treated to watching RyRy putting on his tighty whiteys if and when Kellmeee shares with us that watching MARK CONSUELOS!!!!! placing one leg then the other in his underwear is such a sexy and manly thing, lol.

Somebody please pull the plug on this thing......sooner rather than later.

• Love 2

This show sucks now because we have two hosts who are not even interested in the show .

Kelly has made millions off of this show and now couldn’t care less about it .  
Ryan has so many other projects he also doesn’t care 

So, we have two bored ,  self absorbed hosts who show up at most 3 days a week and babble on and on about their bodies and the fact they both have the hots for Mark Consuelos!

Ryan could be better if he had a cohost to actually converse with ! He is a pro at interviewing and hosting , but with Kelly it’s just painful since she has no desired to converse!

it is funny that they don’t allow an audience when every other show does in NYC.  Also, the hosts are out all over the place including Kelly having her college son’s teammates and other parents into their home where she and Nark are helicopter parents!  

• Love 4