Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, justduckey said:

I wonder if Kelly and Mark got a place in Michigan.

Just curious, why on Earth would they get a place in Michigan?

6 minutes ago, justduckey said:

I, too, removed this from my dvr but I am home Tuesday mornings so I cringe watch it once a week.

I still DVR it, I only watch if they have a good guest, and then only if the guest is in the studio.  I wind up watching 10% of the week's shows.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Just curious, why on Earth would they get a place in Michigan?

I still DVR it, I only watch if they have a good guest, and then only if the guest is in the studio.  I wind up watching 10% of the week's shows.

Bc that’s where Joaquin goes to school and they’re there a lot. She posted a photo of a pumpkin she carved and it seems to be in front of a house, they spoke about going to Farmers Markets and running out to get milk and carving pumpkins there.  Not things one usually does if they’re in a hotel. Just wondering.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, justduckey said:

Bc that’s where Joaquin goes to school and they’re there a lot. She posted a photo of a pumpkin she carved and it seems to be in front of a house, they spoke about going to Farmers Markets and running out to get milk and carving pumpkins there.  Not things one usually does if they’re in a hotel. Just wondering.

Thanks duckey.  I had no idea Joaquin was in college!  I must watch host chat more often.  And I feel old.

Not to be contrary, that's just not the way 1%ers work.  They visit their kids, but they don't move to their college towns.  Besides, Kelly has a day job, well, more like an hour a day job.  Well, more like an hour a day job for four days a week.

• LOL 6
4 hours ago, justduckey said:

I wonder if Kelly and Mark got a place in Michigan.

I, too, removed this from my dvr but I am home Tuesday mornings so I cringe watch it once a week.

They either are staying at some luxury hotel or they have rented/bought a place to use for the next 4 years. I’m sure if they bought they will upgrade somewhat and sell it for a profit in a few years. Also, I’m sure when they go there they ain’t flying commercial (which I’m not mad about). Their two oldest went to school in the city and the youngest is the only one who went out of state. I remember Kelly saying back in the day with either Michael but I think it was Lola that she hoped she would go out of state for the adventure of it. I think Kelly and Mark are loving visiting on the weekends. In fact, Joaquin hasn’t even started his wrestling yet and I’m sure they’ll go all over to see him compete. I’m sure a lot of parents would love to do that. Besides, they have nothing better to do on the weekends. LOL!!!!

3 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Thanks duckey.  I had no idea Joaquin was in college!  I must watch host chat more often.  And I feel old.

Not to be contrary, that's just not the way 1%ers work.  They visit their kids, but they don't move to their college towns.  Besides, Kelly has a day job, well, more like an hour a day job.  Well, more like an hour a day job for four days a week.

You forgot the double taping for the Friday show. The struggle is real. 

• LOL 3

5 shows a week = 5 hours of taping.  Does it really matter if they do it in 3 or 4 days?   With no audiences, makes financial sense to keep the studio dark a couple days a week.  No unions to pay.  The show hasn't been topical in years, so it's not like we are missing out on world events commentary. 

Ratings are gangbuster strong.  Kelly gets long weekends in Michigan.  Ryan gets to do his Idol travels. Gelman has more time for his pilates.  Art gets long weekends to master his wheel spinning.  Its a win-win-win-win.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I just find it bizarre that Mark joined a gym in Michigan! Why have your child go away if you are going to be extreme  helicopter parents? 

I can’t imagine parents coming every weekend to be around their child in college . I can see attending parent’s weekend , but the point  of college is to let your child develop independence in a safe environment.  
I wonder if Joaquin isn’t adjusting too well and Kelly and ‘Mark are hovering to try to protect him.  He was in a small , private school specifically for children with his disability. He wasn’t even mainstreamed like he  would have been in a public school .  Now he is at a huge university and I doubt he’s getting the attention and hand holding kids with his needs get who are rich and  privileged in a private small school which deals specifically with their issues . 

Although , I am sure he will be fine and if he has issues he will still pass since Kelly and Mark will make huge “donations”.  “Donations” ensure rich kids somehow graduate  from college no matter how well they are doing academically. I used to work in admissions at a college at saw how money talks . 

• Useful 2
4 hours ago, orangekit said:

I just find it bizarre that Mark joined a gym in Michigan! Why have your child go away if you are going to be extreme  helicopter parents? 

I can’t imagine parents coming every weekend to be around their child in college . I can see attending parent’s weekend , but the point  of college is to let your child develop independence in a safe environment.  
I wonder if Joaquin isn’t adjusting too well and Kelly and ‘Mark are hovering to try to protect him.  He was in a small , private school specifically for children with his disability. He wasn’t even mainstreamed like he  would have been in a public school .  Now he is at a huge university and I doubt he’s getting the attention and hand holding kids with his needs get who are rich and  privileged in a private small school which deals specifically with their issues . 

Although , I am sure he will be fine and if he has issues he will still pass since Kelly and Mark will make huge “donations”.  “Donations” ensure rich kids somehow graduate  from college no matter how well they are doing academically. I used to work in admissions at a college at saw how money talks . 

Still?   But what “Aunt Becky” did was a crime. Hmmm. 

3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Still?   But what “Aunt Becky” did was a crime. Hmmm. 

Well… she was very obvious ! Most rich parents just “donate” a lot of money to a college’s annual giving campaign , and they donate a lot of money to ensure that their little darlings will never face consequences if they screw up in any way ! And if a student is a good athlete that ensures admission even if they are not really qualified , and a lot of special treatment . Joaquin has both things going for him , along with hovering celebrity parents ! 

As far as we know, Los Consuelos are not spending all weekend hours with Their Newborn. A few weeks ago, Mrs Consuelos remarked that Joaquin had turned them away so he could join the volunteer effort led by his teammates.  Why sit in your Manhattan Mansion and worry?  Rent a luxurious AirBnB for 6 months and your son can retain some family time to make the adjustment to independent living.  I'm sure it was part of their plan all along. If he chose a sleepaway school, the parents would become part time residents.  Michael and Lola stayed NYC local and apparently were at Chez Consuelos regularly.

When you are paid $20+ million annually for the better part of a decade, you can afford to do pretty much whatever you think is best for your family. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

As far as we know, Los Consuelos are not spending all weekend hours with Their Newborn. A few weeks ago, Mrs Consuelos remarked that Joaquin had turned them away so he could join the volunteer effort led by his teammates.  Why sit in your Manhattan Mansion and worry?  Rent a luxurious AirBnB for 6 months and your son can retain some family time to make the adjustment to independent living.  I'm sure it was part of their plan all along. If he chose a sleepaway school, the parents would become part time residents.  Michael and Lola stayed NYC local and apparently were at Chez Consuelos regularly.

When you are paid $20+ million annually for the better part of a decade, you can afford to do pretty much whatever you think is best for your family. 

And, when wrestling season starts (the real reason he’s there) they’ll be at every home and away match. Lots of parents would love to do that if they could afford the time and money. Mark & Kelly & their kids are super, super close and it probably doesn’t occur to them not to see him…..all the time. I think wrestling season starts in late January or February so she’ll probably be gone a lot. I think that was also why Mark quit Riverdale. He was probably thinking why am I living in Canada 🇨🇦 when I can be home with my wife in our mansion and get to see his kids more?! Especially, since their youngest has left for college. 

• Love 3

I used to like the Halloween shows , but today’s just was not interesting or funny. Since they have decided to have so many costumes changes and dumb skits it’s just not funny anymore .  The costumes are great , but the space theme was stupid . They should  stop trying an hour of comedy and go back to just dressing up and doing a few costume changes while they have guests on the show .

Edited by snowydaze
  • Love 1

The best part was showing how the people in the contest made their own costumes. I wasn’t a big fan of the winner, but dang she had been working on it since March and it had mechanics as well. I wish they had done the show live though. By zoom it lacked the enthusiasm of the audience and hosts. 

• Love 2
On 10/26/2021 at 8:16 AM, sugarbaker design said:

And as we discovered, she can do it remotely from home!  No need to ever go in again.

• Love 1

The Halloween show was really bad ! It’s bad when The Talk with s****** Jerry O’Connell, the View, and the Today show were all better ! Live used to have the best host chat and the best Halloween special .
it seems like they are trying way to hard to be trendy and cool right now and not really being relatable 

Many in their audience do not stream all of the Netflix shows and didn’t know what they were doing in the Halloween show at times . Also, the entire show as one boring  theme and and skit was so boring !  They need to go back to dressing up as recognizable pop  culture figures everyone knows , and just have a regular show . The skits sucked .

They were there yesterday, which was shocking , and I noticed that they did not even mention the awful Halloween show ! 
Host chat once again turned into Kelly interrupting Ryan mid sentence and going on and on about herself !  Ryan was finally able to finish a sentence and looked a bit annoyed. And wow - he was able to fit the some news about the World Series in for 2 seconds ! They never even mention any headlines or stories  , since Kelly just side tracks everything.  Host chat is painful now .

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Well, the ratings are up. I think Kelly will be there another 20 years. Great gig! LOL!!!!

https://daytimeconfidential.com/2021/11/03/live-with-kelly-and-ryan-bests-ellen-and-dr-phil-in-ratings

This post should be pinned to the top of the thread for the inevitable "why are she/he/they paid so much?" posts.

I have some misgivings about K&R, but they are infinitely better at what they do than Dr. Phil and Ellen.

• Love 4

It’s not a surprise the ratings for shows like Livr and the View are high, the public isn’t exactly too discerning or intelligent, “that  is why reality tv and “influencers” are popular! 
Plus the choice of syndicated daytime  competitors is not great !

BTW , they spend Halloween in NYC? I’m surprised they didn’t fly to Michigan to take Joaquin trick or treating ! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, seasons said:

Can Ali just permanently take over? Such an easy rapport with Ryan, she is funny and interesting, not self obsessed. So refreshing!

If that were to happen, I'd be a daily host chat watcher.

Just adding I watched Monday's show.  I loved it, Ali was wonderful, as always!

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 6

I knew Ali was on the show yesterday because I saw her (on mute) while I was on hold with my Internet provider (DON'T ASK!!).  I accidentally deleted the show, but watched how deftly she handled the interview with Scotty Pippin today.  She's awesome!!!  I'm a basketball fan & you could tell she wasn't, but her questions were right on the money!!!

• Love 6

Wow! Ryan was animated , talking and actually mentioning more than working out and his food intake , or talking about running into friends of Kelly that no one cares about !

Ali definitely is a breath of fresh air ! She and Ryan actually converse , she’s natural , no  hogging the camera , no stammering to get a boring story out, and no interrupting Ryan every other word to the point where he just sits there and looks like he has to get her approval to finish a thought !  And no cringeworthy “dancing “ while she mugs the camera and looks like someone put bugs in her underwear! 

I was actually disliking Ryan a lot lately , but when he’s with Ali it reminds me of why I used to like host chat .

What is sad is that Kelly used to be pretty good with host chat , but now her whole persona is so cringeworthy! Even her Instagram account is embarrassing with constant  wanna be sexy photos of her and Mark, or sexual innuendos ! 

• Love 9

Missing Ali today.

Kelly talking like she did her own make-up today?   What happened to her make-up artist?  Agreeing with her, someone didn't do a good job on her make-up.....she really should have stayed with her loved one today and I say that in a kind way, not snarky.

I'm thinking the person in the hospital is her mom since she is very very private; rarely see pics of her with the family.  Joe is pretty open about anything he does so I do think her mom is the person in question or it could also be her sister Linda.

Whoever it is, wishing a speedy recovery!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Kelly seemed stunned (more than usual) & appeared wan & disoriented ... just sayin'!

She kept mentioning being with someone at Cooper Hospital in NJ all week but wouldn’t say whom. Her parents met there and they both still live in that area. It could be one of them or some other family member or a friend. Pure speculation but she kept mentioning it but just kept saying they who can’t be named. It’s like she wanted everyone to now but not know. I hope all turned out well whom ever it is. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1

I caught some of the host chat. I really wish Kelly hadn’t talked about walking through the park alone after dark. That is not safe for a woman with her slight stature. She looked more upbeat than how she was described yesterday. 

2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

My cable guide says Jamie Dornan is on today, I saw Belfast over the weekend, so I'm looking forward to watching the interview.

"We've" been talking about going to see Belfast.  What did you think?  Would you recommend?

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Onefineday said:

I'm sure it will be a previously recorded episode for today and Friday and then they are probably off all of next week.

Well you can’t expect Kelly to fly down to the Caribbean for just a few days can you? <sarcasm> 

I wonder that they aren’t going to Michigan for a ski trip instead. 

On 11/18/2021 at 8:47 AM, Mindthinkr said:

Well you can’t expect Kelly to fly down to the Caribbean for just a few days can you? <sarcasm> 

I wonder that they aren’t going to Michigan for a ski trip instead. 

It was. And, they’ll probably be all pre-taped for the next week.

• Love 1

They really should just change the name already...."Not Live, Not Sorry"   lol.

So I chuckled when Kelllmeee reminded all of us of her last year's Thanksgiving  (remember, due to the pandemic we were all told to not visit or gather for Thanksgiving.)

She was thrilled to say that her guests included Andy Cohen and son and partner (pretty sure it was him or maybe it was Anderson Cooper) anyway that's not the point.....you could see her immediately realize what she had done and began the correction, lol.

She started stuttering and stammering that 'they' were already in her 'bubble' and therefore it was ok that they could socialize and congregate for Thanksgiving.  

Just wish she would be authentic and tell a story without all the pandering.  

Happy Thanksgiving all!  

• Love 1
On 11/20/2021 at 8:49 AM, finnzup said:

Just wish she would be authentic and tell a story without all the pandering.  

It's funny you bring up Kelly's inauthenticity.  The comedian Kevin Hart was on Stephen Colbert Friday night.  He was joking about the different Covid protocols on different talk shows.  He mentioned that backstage at LwK&R he was hugging K&R (after a lengthy process to get in the studio), then when he came out as a guest, he couldn't touch K&R.  He was hilarious saying to Stephen Colbert 'They lyin'!'

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

It's funny you bring up Kelly's inauthenticity.  The comedian Kevin Hart was on Stephen Colbert Friday night.  He was joking about the different Covid protocols on different talk shows.  He mentioned that backstage at LwK&R he was hugging K&R (after a lengthy process to get in the studio), then when he came out as a guest, he couldn't touch K&R.  He was hilarious saying to Stephen Colbert 'They lyin'!'

She’s  hugging guests and visiting patients in the hospital?  Hmmm…..vaxxing, testing, etc. is great, but isn’t without risks.   

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3

I don’t begrudge them pre taping today’s show. It’s getaway for a lot of people. I would have taken the day off or even a half day but I couldn’t and I WORK from home. LOL!!!!! I know they pretty much gone for most of December and well into January. Actually, all of television shuts down in December. I always hated that because nothing was ever on but now with streaming I don’t care as much.

I watched yesterday’s show with Kelly’s son Michael doing a cooking segment. He sounds exactly like Mark. I know people look like their family members but I don’t know many who sound like them, too. It was a silly segment since Michael didn’t even know what they were cooking and Kelly honestly said after 20 years on the air she has used all of the family recipes up. LOL!!!! German’s daughter was on today (pre taped yesterday) and, they made something with cauliflower which I didn’t pay much attention to since I don’t care for it. She’s very pretty and very well spoken. Happy Thanksgivings, y’all! 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I don’t begrudge them pre taping today’s show. It’s getaway for a lot of people. I would have taken the day off or even a half day but I couldn’t and I WORK from home. LOL!!!!! I know they pretty much gone for most of December and well into January. Actually, all of television shuts down in December. I always hated that because nothing was ever on but now with streaming I don’t care as much.

I watched yesterday’s show with Kelly’s son Michael doing a cooking segment. He sounds exactly like Mark. I know people look like their family members but I don’t know many who sound like them, too. It was a silly segment since Michael didn’t even know what they were cooking and Kelly honestly said after 20 years on the air she has used all of the family recipes up. LOL!!!! German’s daughter was on today (pre taped yesterday) and, they made something with cauliflower which I didn’t pay much attention to since I don’t care for it. She’s very pretty and very well spoken. Happy Thanksgivings, y’all! 

I'm guessing the crew and all the behind the scenes people get at least some time off too this time of year.

• Love 2

Got a chuckle out of Kelllmeee's description of her overeating and stuffing her face with desserts on Thanksgiving, lol.  You could tell she gained so much weight <sarcasm.>

Also noticed she is still using the "Long Island" description rather than "the Hamptons" when talking about her South Jersey to Long Island trek to celebrate.

I can remember when she first got the Hamptons house years ago she'd refer to it as such and then something happened and suddenly she and Gelman resided in Long Island rather than the Hamptons.  Technically correct,  but just so obvious, lol.  

Also, still stuttering and stammering her way through crap chat.....what a hoot!  lol.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, finnzup said:

I can remember when she first got the Hamptons house years ago she'd refer to it as such and then something happened and suddenly she and Gelman resided in Long Island rather than the Hamptons.  Technically correct,  but just so obvious, lol.  

I noticed it when the real estate bubble popped in 2008.  Even the RHoNYC started referring to their summer homes in "Long Island", as if they summered in Melville.

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, finnzup said:

Got a chuckle out of Kelllmeee's description of her overeating and stuffing her face with desserts on Thanksgiving, lol.  You could tell she gained so much weight <sarcasm.>

Also noticed she is still using the "Long Island" description rather than "the Hamptons" when talking about her South Jersey to Long Island trek to celebrate.

Also, still stuttering and stammering her way through crap chat.....what a hoot!  lol.

This exact same post could have been written 10 or 12 years  because Kelly Ripa is such a one trick pony.  The year on the calendar may change and so can her co-host, but there's good old Kelly, recycling the same shallow garbage year after year.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2