Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Joy Behar thinks Kelly over-reacted: It's called show business. Not show therapy." Watching that clip of Kelly getting all in her feelings about Respect in the Workplace made me cringy all over again. I find her such a turn-off.

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, Jeanius said:

Joy Behar thinks Kelly over-reacted: It's called show business. Not show therapy." Watching that clip of Kelly getting all in her feelings about Respect in the Workplace made me cringy all over again. I find her such a turn-off.

Man, you gotta love Joy!!!

• Love 9

http://dailycaller.com/2016/05/31/report-kelly-ripas-new-co-host-wont-be-a-man-but-a-woman/

Two names that have popped up as possible co-host for Ripa include comedian Wanda Sykes and former “View” co-star Sherri Shepherd.

According to another report, Shepard is all for it, and praised the idea of breaking the tradition of the show. “I think people would be ready for a woman with Kelly,” she said. “How about a black woman? … I would love to do it.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/05/31/report-kelly-ripas-new-co-host-wont-be-a-man-but-a-woman/#ixzz4AIf4r68y

Kelly and Anderson were funny today. Unfortunatly, their praise of each other is OTT. Yeah! We get it. You two are bff's. I like Anderson Cooper but I don't know if I want him 24/7 with Kelly. It's the same thing with Andy Cohen. They are all bff's and this show is better for host chat if they don't hang out. Anderson even mentioned he spent the whole Memorial Day Weekend with her family. It's just too close for this talk show. IMO!!

• Love 1
(edited)

Kelly's weird need to make constant sexual comments or come into all of the openly gay co-hosts is just weird.

I really like Anderson, but no way could I take him with Kelly on a daily basis. 

There was an interesting blind item about how there are rumors about women being possible cohosts for a talk sow, but it's all just a way to get publicity and the show will pick a male cohost. They also said that the female cohost could not handle another woman getting attention.  

I think that the little item is accurate. I don't think ABC wants the search to be boring, and acting like Sherri is a possible cohost generates publicity and attention.

i think the theories as to why Kelly seems to be close friends with every gay man who comes on the show are interesting.  I tend to agree with the husband theory since they hang out in vacations without the kids with the guys .  Also, I really think Kelly may pretend to  be all gushy and put herself down while she says how great every woman is, but she really can not handle not being the center of attention, especially when it comes to another woman being around. 

I really love Joy's comments!  Kelly has lived in a privledged bubble since she was 19, and somehow feels she is entitled to things that no one gets in any job.  It will be interesting watching ABC get the upper hand someday when the publicity dies down from her childish tantrum! 

Edited by orangekit
  • Love 9

Does anyone seriously enjoy watching other people,  especially Kelly, exercise?  Waste of time.  

Me thinks that Anderson's stories will get old, as well as hsnging with Kellmee so often.  He repeated some anecdotes from last year which I remembered and were cute,  the first time. I like him on the news,  but even he and  Kathy Griffin's antics became tiresome when repeated ad nauseum.

• Love 9

I have to admit after the big  deal of Kelly's pout with Michael had me tuning in for the first time since quitting this show. They talked about what kind of super power would you like and she's answered to be able to eat any carb. 

Today with the extreme work out. 

Same old Crap. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I have to admit after the big  deal of Kelly's pout with Michael had me tuning in for the first time since quitting this show. They talked about what kind of super power would you like and she's answered to be able to eat any carb. 

Today with the extreme work out. 

Same old Crap. 

Oh wow, glad I missed that. She is a walking, talking (stammering, that is) eating disorder. 

• Love 8
(edited)

OMG, just read on my Facebook feed that Anderson Cooper WANTS to co-host Live with Kelly.  He's been drinking her Kool-Aid & is definitely certifiable.  Any gravitas he has accumulated over the years is slowly slip-sliding away.  Just sayin'.

Edited by Medicine Crow
Good spelling is a good thing!!
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

OMG, just read on my Facebook feed that Anderson Cooper WANTS to co-host Live with Kelly.  He's been drinking her Kool-Aid & is definitely certifiable.  Any gravitas he has accumulated over the years is slowly slip-sliding away.  Just sayin'.

Why wouldn't he want to host?! 20 Milliion dollars a year for 5.5 hours of work is a great gig. LOL!!!

• Love 1

Surely y'all don't really think they show up 5 minutes before the show and leave right after?  Not arguing about anything - just thinking it takes more than that to put the show on.  And of course they don't work nearly as hard as most of us and we don't make even close to what they make but such is life 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Why wouldn't he want to host?! 20 Milliion dollars a year for 5.5 hours of work is a great gig. LOL!!!

IMO, shelf-life of Live is nebulous, at best, but he could anchor at CNN for many years.  I like Anderson & have been a fan for years, but I must say, he's running out of new stories.  He won't talk about his personal life, so .....  His own show fizzled out for a variety of reasons & I can't see him "holding his own" with Kelly for any period of time.  I mean, how long can "they" keep up the "sexy talk".

44 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Surely y'all don't really think they show up 5 minutes before the show and leave right after?  Not arguing about anything - just thinking it takes more than that to put the show on.  And of course they don't work nearly as hard as most of us and we don't make even close to what they make but such is life 

I'm sure the show takes more than five hours a week, but I can't see Anderson "participating" in the nonsense the show throws on the air as "programming" for any length of time.  It may look like fun (to him) now, but I imagine "life with Kelly" would wear thin very quickly.  Just sayin'.

• Love 4

Personally I like Anderson, but being on the show I think would hurt his CNN gig.   He's a good reporter and if there is breaking news, being available during the upcoming election he is going to have to make a choice.   I don't think he will be the co-host.  We'll see.   

• Love 7

I think Anderson would do the show after the election. I think he wants to ride the election to the end and then I think he would do LIVE full time. That said, their first 5 minutes into today's show was about them being together the night before. In the end, I think Disney/ABC will go with someone less close to her. I have no idea who that is but I don't think it will be Anderson. It's bad enough that she talks about her rich life I don't need the both of them discussing it together. LOL!!!

• Love 2

I also agree that the "suits" will prefer someone who isn't a Kelly BFF.  Then again, getting an A-lister like Anderson Cooper would bring the show lots of buzz/hype.  He has shown that he can juggle two jobs....and honestly, I can see him leaving CNN at some point.  CNN isn't going to pay the big bucks.  Before Trump went Crazy. CNN was settling into documentaries and long-form taped programming for its prime time.  At some point, Election Mania will subside. 

Another issue for the "suits" may be his longstanding role on CBS 60 Minutes.  He files plenty of reports for CBS, and that has quietly co-existed with CNN's blessing. Although "Live" is syndicated -- and airs on some CBS stations -- I can't imagine that ABC would be all that keen on AC having that "second job".  And David Muir isn't going to let anyone near his 20-20.   

Third, I do think the "suits" will want to make a splash with the new hire, and that puts Anderson near the top of the list.  Ever since Regis was low-balled, I suspected that Kelly would get the same treatment when her next contract negotiation rolled around.  The recent kerfluffle backfired on ABC big time and now I suspect the producers may decide the show has only a few years left until GMA demands expansion (so they can sell baubles and doo-dads like they have this week).  Signing Kelly and AC to nice 2-3 year contracts -- that end at the same time -- gives the show a nice send-off.

I do think working together daily isn't always a great thing for BFF's.  Kelly and AC could see this backfire on them.

I will say that Kelly & Mark work really well together. Who knew? LOL!! Seriously, they were really good today. They keep the laughs going & the show runs so smooth. Obviously, Mark wouldn't get hired full time since they are married and take their vacations at the same time. Who would host when they were gone? LOL!!! They were really meant for each other and it's all because of a soap. 

BTW!!! I want their whole Friday Beach Set. It's amazing looking. It looks very Pottery Barn but they don't have anything on their website about the furniture they are using. I would kill for the driftwood coffee table. 

• Love 1

Today was previously taped and Mark Consuelos was co-hosting .  Kelly  was even more obnoxious than usual . 

First she interrupted Mark who was telling a story to take over and tell a story about his mother . Mark even looked a little annoyed . 

Then Paula Abdul came on and Kelly acted like she was a dancer like Paula! She was talking about how she also has been dancing since she was a kid - just like Paula! She acted like she is some kid of professional dancer ! Sorry Kelly but spazzing out at a Bar Mitzvah or Bat Mitzvah , being on  Dance Party as a teen , and taking dance lessons as a kid, that almost all kids take - does not put you in the league of Paula Abdul!  Seeing how  Kelly does her Elaine from Seinfeld gyrations every morning, someone should tell her that she is not a dancer !

The cooking segment found Kelly hyper and interrupting everyone. Oh - and did you know she's a vegetarian ? She has let us know that quite a bit in the past - and reminded us today! But- she does like her meet raw when she eats it!  I guess she needs someone to tell her what a vegetarian is! 

Maybe she drank one too many venti coffees this morning - but she was worse than usual!  The only positive things is that she wasn't in her fake modesty mode, she was just her real self! 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, marmalade said:

Today was previously taped and Mark Consuelos was co-hosting .  Kelly  was even more obnoxious than usual . 

First she interrupted Mark who was telling a story to take over and tell a story about his mother . Mark even looked a little annoyed . 

Then Paula Abdul came on and Kelly acted like she was a dancer like Paula! She was talking about how she also has been dancing since she was a kid - just like Paula! She acted like she is some kid of professional dancer ! Sorry Kelly but spazzing out at a Bar Mitzvah or Bat Mitzvah , being on  Dance Party as a teen , and taking dance lessons as a kid, that almost all kids take - does not put you in the league of Paula Abdul!  Seeing how  Kelly does her Elaine from Seinfeld gyrations every morning, someone should tell her that she is not a dancer !

The cooking segment found Kelly hyper and interrupting everyone. Oh - and did you know she's a vegetarian ? She has let us know that quite a bit in the past - and reminded us today! But- she does like her meet raw when she eats it!  I guess she needs someone to tell her what a vegetarian is! 

Maybe she drank one too many venti coffees this morning - but she was worse than usual!  The only positive things is that she wasn't in her fake modesty mode, she was just her real self! 

Maybe, she was hyped up after doing the show with LIVE with Anderson. Then an hour later for the taped show with Mark she was super hyper. LOL!!! I think it's funny when they pre-tape the Friday show and they just had a 4 day weekend 3 days before. Yup! She has an awesome gig. No wonder she has stayed there for 15 plus years.

• Love 1

Revisiting the issue of why Kelly and Mark were best friends with several gay men.  I thought it had to do with their son.  Someone said it was because of Mark.  Is that because the feeling is that Mark is gay, and not out, or that he is threatened by straight men around Kelly?  Or some other reason?

(edited)

We have a lot of close gay friends, especially one couple.  No one thought my husband or sons were gay!  I think those who are trying to make this into something do not live in a community that has a strong gay presence.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 9

That is so true.  Having a gay son and his husband we are around gay men mostly (and gay women too) a lot and the ones we know are quite interesting and fun.  Just wondering what everyone thought.

I will say say that with all the money Kelly makes it's nice to see that her kids seemed well behaved. Obviously, the kids aren't in the business but you don't hear anything bad in the press about them. Maybe, the press doesn't think young kids should be mentioned. I am curious to see if that changes now that Michael is 19 and going to college. I remember thinking the same thing about Kathie Lee's kids. She got pretty obnoxious (and, talked about her kids left and right) but her kids turned out well, too. Maybe, it's a NYC thing. Is it in Hollywood where the trouble is? 

• Love 3

I don't think Kelly revealed where Michael is going to school. She did mention that NYU was one of his choices, but I bet he goes off to the west coast.

On 6/3/2016 at 3:52 PM, ByaNose said:

I will say say that with all the money Kelly makes it's nice to see that her kids seemed well behaved. Obviously, the kids aren't in the business but you don't hear anything bad in the press about them. Maybe, the press doesn't think young kids should be mentioned. I am curious to see if that changes now that Michael is 19 and going to college. I remember thinking the same thing about Kathie Lee's kids. She got pretty obnoxious (and, talked about her kids left and right) but her kids turned out well, too. Maybe, it's a NYC thing. Is it in Hollywood where the trouble is? 

I think overall both Kathie Lee and Kelly are decent people, and they have taught their kids to not be jerks. I think Mark is a decent guy too. But, I still find both of them obnoxious.   

Kelly is very self-absorbed, out of touch with real life, and has a strong send of entitlement.   She also seems very insecure regarding her body and needs constant affirmation that she is beautiful and wonderful. She also holds a major grudge if anyone dares cross her.  IMO those are not the best things to each children.

• Love 2

I doubt DL Hughley had a shot at cohosting permanently bec he is not sexy enough for Kelly to drool over--or frankly--not hot enough to raise HER bar to being  younger, sexier, or part of a power couple on air in entertainment. Same for Fred Savage.

Anderson Cooper is also too New York for mass appeal, and if he wants to stay a professional journalist, or coast into mo money in pop culture, IDK. Don't really know Andy Cohen, don't care.

Jussie may have a shot. Unfortunately, we will be subjected to Kelly trying to act young. Blech. 

(edited)
30 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I'm thinking today's show was taped because they didn't mention Muhammad Ali's passing, but she did say something about the week-end???

No they did mention Ali. In fact, DL said  (something like) how is it we've lost Muhammad Ali and Prince, and yet Bobby Brown is still here. Someone please correct me if I misheard that LOL!  DL said several things today that were really funny but would probably disqualify him from getting the job. His mother giving him bourbon as a child for long car rides for example! That among several other comments that may have only been jokes, but Kelly wasn't sure how to respond to some of them or whether she should laugh.

Edited by MzTori77
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, MzTori77 said:

No they did mention Ali. In fact, DL said  (something like) how is it we've lost Muhammad Ali and Prince, and yet Bobby Brown is still here. Someone please correct me if I misheard that LOL!  DL said several things today that were really funny but would probably disqualify him from getting the job. His mother giving him bourbon as a child for long car rides! That among several other comments that may have only been jokes, but Kelly wasn't sure how to respond to some of them or whether she should laugh.

Thanks MzTori, I must have missed that part.

• Love 1

Kelly is definitely out  of touch and in her rich celebrity world! Oscar Blonde came to the hospital to cut Lola 's hair because it didn't look good when she was born? Wow ! She is so far removed from reality it makes sense rhar she acted like she was an a used employee over her coworker getting another job.  She definitely has had an unrealistic rise to being a rich celebrity . No hard knocks and working with the same company for 26 years !

Whaf a shock that Kelly has trouble reading! We would have never known! How on earth did she read pages of scripts when she was a soap actor? They have to learn a lot and very fast ! 

• Love 2

I re-watched the first segment to see what D.L. had to say about Ali, but it was all drivel so I deleted the show & never did hear what he had to say.

Kelly has been "out of touch" for a long time .... just sayin'.

1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

I re-watched the first segment to see what D.L. had to say about Ali, but it was all drivel so I deleted the show & never did hear what he had to say.

Kelly has been "out of touch" for a long time .... just sayin'.

I had to go back and see just what DL said. It was actually at the end of the show when they were doing Kelly's Inbox. She asked DL if he knew Ali, which he did. It was during that exchange that he said the comment. What he said was, ".....how is Prince gone and Bobby Brown is healthy as hell." 

• Love 1

Joel McHale was good this morning.  He was funny and tried to keep the energy going,  except when Kellmee would hijack the conversation so it was all abt her-- which was boring and repetitive. So boring. No one cares abt your son's prom. 

• Love 5

Well darn.  I was going to watch DL cohost as I'm a fan.  With Ali's passing though, and Kelly being a huge boxing fan, or at least she says, I did not want to hear her put herself into his life as she's done with other celebrities.