Type keyword(s) to search

Arrow Stars in Other Roles

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, kismet said:

I don't know if I will watch next season, but hopefully this new gig can limit Wildcat's time on Arrow, which may encourage me a little bit more to return to Arrow.

Wildcat's been gone for 2 seasons? Unless you're confusing him with Wild Dog who's played by Rick Gonzales.

Just now, way2interested said:

Wildcat's been gone for 2 seasons? Unless you're confusing him with Wild Dog who's played by Rick Gonzales.

You're right, I am. Sorry!

Funny how that happens. Useless periphery characters mucking up and sucking up screen time. Hard to differentiate sometimes.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, kismet said:

Funny how that happens. Useless periphery characters mucking up and sucking up screen time. Hard to differentiate sometimes.

I guess from a weird name association angle maybe, more than the character spot, since one is recent and one hadn't been seen/mentioned since 312. Tbh, the characters and actors are pretty different though and I got really tired of my friends confusing the two when this article came out, especially because they keep up with the show just a step below me. Nothing on you, just the pattern of confusion that's irritating me.

29 minutes ago, kismet said:

Removed first part of post for inaccuracies based on faulty memory

I feel like I remember reading somewhere that she will have a larger role in s2. While not a huge presence in s1, I'll take her in any quantity they are willing to give. I find the actress to be very compelling. Count me in the #foreverbitter group that we lost her from Arrow!

The #foreverbitter part was actually about erasing baby Sara on Arrow and how much meaning erasing Amy is given on Timeless. Timeless is doing it right so far.

• Love 2

They thought that Baby Sara was disposable in terms of Flashpoint.  Little did they know how much parts of the fandom had bonded with her.  I'd gladly trade Curtis and Wild Dog to get Baby Sara back.

I think Susanna Thompson will have a bigger role on Timeless next season

Spoiler

because we found out in the s1 finale that she's part of Rittenhouse, a big supporter, and she deliberately married a Rittenhouse member. so it looks like she's part of the bad guys.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, bijoux said:

The #foreverbitter part was actually about erasing baby Sara on Arrow and how much meaning erasing Amy is given on Timeless. Timeless is doing it right so far.

well consider me foreverbitter on both parts... Timeless did the erasing of Amy far better, but that was because they actually cared about the character or at least her importance to their main characters. I agree with @statsgirl that they felt BabySara was a disposable plot point, where Timeless saw it as critical to the characters. And like @statsgirl, I'd gladly trade Curtis, as well as any and every newbie from last season to get Baby Sara back.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, way2interested said:

I guess from a weird name association angle maybe, more than the character spot, since one is recent and one hadn't been seen/mentioned since 312. Tbh, the characters and actors are pretty different though and I got really tired of my friends confusing the two when this article came out, especially because they keep up with the show just a step below me. Nothing on you, just the pattern of confusion that's irritating me.

The pattern might be irritating, but it's not unexpected or confusing. I think it speaks to the poor writing, acting, and development of those characters. Essentially they are just generic males with a Wild secret identity, with run of the mill inspiration to mask up. But mostly to the fact that they are not critical to the Arrow story in many people's opinions.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, kismet said:

Essentially they are just generic males with a Wild secret identity, with run of the mill inspiration to mask up. But mostly to the fact that they are not critical to the Arrow story in many people's opinions.

Idk, my main argument to them was one of them was in almost every episode of a season you just watched, one was in a handful of episodes two years ago. It has nothing to do with the quality of the writing or acting or execution, it's literally just a matter of paying attention (which they normally do) to pretty simple details, like the fact that they are two completely different people, that very recently happened. 

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 4

I think I may have a subconscious deliberate mental block when it comes to Wilddog.  For absolutely ages, I thought his name was Maddog.  I've also mixed him up with Wildcat.  Not getting his name right now has become a defense mechanism against his continued presence.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I think if the characters were more memorable people would remember them better..I can't remember what's wild dog's real name, like I can't remember flashback girl's name..she is either FB girl or poppy, LOL

I blame how poorly Arrow did Wildcat's story 'cause before it aired I used to already know his real name as just common knowledge.  And now that info is just gone.   Yup, selective amnesia out of self-defense.  

With Poppy, I'm not sure I actually learned another name, lol.

• Love 1

Celina Jade: Her Star is on The Rise 
Nat Berman  August 12, 2017
https://www.tvovermind.com/entertainment-news/celina-jade-star-rise

Celina Jade is a Chinese-American actress, singer, and songwriter who is capable of speaking fluent English, Cantonese, and Mandarin. As a result, it should come as no surprise to learn that she has shown up in a wide range of movies and TV shows aimed at either the Chinese market, the American market, or sometimes both. In more recent times, it is interesting to note that she has signed up to be represented by Creative Artists Agency LLC in the city of Los Angeles, which could see her showing up in more media projects aimed at an English-speaking audience.

Here are five things that you may or may not have known about Celina Jade:
First US Movie Role in The Man with the Iron Fists
In 2012, Jade got her first role in an American movie with The Man with the Iron Fist, which was a martial arts movie directed and written by RZA who also appeared as the main character. For those who are curious, RZA is one of the most famous figures in hip-hop because of his role in the Wu-Tang Clan, which is named for the fictional martial arts sect of the same name that shows up on a frequent basis in Chinese martial arts media as a counterpart to the Shaolin Monastery.

Had Recurring Roles on Arrow
Some people in the West might be more familiar with Jade from her recurring roles on The CW’s Arrow. In brief, she played the role of Shado, a skilled archer who is not just an opponent but also a sometime love interest for Green Arrow. With that said, it is important to note that there are significant differences between the character from the comics and the character from the TV show, with an example being how the first was Japanese whereas the second was Chinese. For that matter, Jade has played not just Shado but also her twin sister on Arrow.

Practices Martial Arts
Had a Number One Hit at the Age of 15
First US Movie Role in The Man with the Iron Fists
Had Recurring Roles on Arrow
Supports a Number of Charities

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Matt Ryan Reveals What He Took From The Constantine Set
by Jamie Lovett | August 12, 2017
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/08/12/constantine-matt-ryan/

Ryan revealed that he has in his possession one of Constantine’s most iconic objects.

"I stole the lighter, which is like embossed with all these etchings, it's a really cool lighter,” Ryan reveals to MyM Buzz at Heroes & Villains Fest. “I’ve got that. I don’t use it though because I’ll lose it.”
“I got some stuff from the Constantine set, but not the Arrow set, unfortunately. I was thinking about taking the feather, but it would have just broken in my bag,” Ryan admits.

Still, even without a physical keepsake, Ryan has plenty of fond memories of his time on the Arrow set.

“It was great,” Ryan remembers. “Those guys have been doing that show for a while and sometimes it can be difficult going in and doing a guest star on something with such a tight knit group of people, but they were all really welcoming and it was all really good fun to film with Stephen and that whole cast and crew as well.”

Does that mean he might return to Arrow for a second time? Ryan leaves the door wide open.

“I don’t know. That is a question I’m getting quite a lot,” he says. “It was actually really great to kind of reprise the character of Constantine on Arrow and if the opportunity arose again I don’t think I’d say no to it. I’ve been lucky enough to have been busy since then so the opportunity hasn’t arisen, but who knows?”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Returning back to my West Wing Marathon... I stumbled upon the fact that David Ramsey played a role in the Santos Campaign in 2 episodes of mid s7. He was younger looking with some questionable facial hair. But it was nice to see him.

For good flarrowverse variety, Matt Letscher (LoT, Flash) was also in one of the same episodes as the AG.  Even Cress Williams (Black Lightning) had a more significant recurring role in s7 as part of the Santos team, I actually think his role might have started in s6. I remembered him, but the other two were pleasant surprises.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

So wait, does this mean Lyla is in questionable status?

No, she was a Series Regular on the Ice show last season too. It just limits her appearances to early cameos or episodes later in the season.  Ice only films 10 episodes.

• Love 5

Thank you, both!

2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

No, she was a Series Regular on the Ice show last season too. It just limits her appearances to early cameos or episodes later in the season.  Ice only films 10 episodes.

3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

No - she's never been a regular.

Arrow’s Michael Rowe Stars In Punk Rock Driven Indie Film, 'Crown And Anchor’
Posted by Dan Wickline August 22, 2017
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/08/22/arrows-michael-rowe-stars-in-punk-rock-driven-indie-film-crown-and-anchor/

Michael Rowe is putting aside the genre fair for a character-driven indie film called Crown and Anchor. Rowe, who played Deadshot on the CW series Arrow and will be Ninjak in the upcoming webseries, Ninjak Vs The Valiant Universe, also co-wrote the film with Matt Wells and his brother Andrew, who directed it. Rowe and Wells are producing too.
The film, made for only $300k, is a punk rock drama that follows officer James Downey (Rowe) who has to head home for his mother funeral. He discovers his estranged cousin Danny (Wells) is keeping the family’s petty crime tradition alive but has gotten in over his head with addiction and violence. Seeing his cousin coming apart brings back James’ own childhood trauma while he struggles to keep together the family he once wanted to escape. The film also stars Natalie Brown (The Strain), Robert Joy (CSI: NY) and Stephen McHattie (Orphan Black).

The punk rock angle likely comes from Rowe’s past as a drummer in a punk band called Bucket Truck. He told me in an interview last year: “I feel like music gave me everything and that punk rock community and those dudes I spent all that time with in the van are what made me who I am.” The film features music by bands including Gorilla Biscuits, Youth of Today, Project X, Side by Side and others.

The film is set to hit the film festival circuit.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Uncover Your Hidden Agenda on October 24th
Posted on August 30, 2017 by David Gelmini
http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/249258/uncover-hidden-agenda-october-24th/

The PS4 exclusive Hidden Agenda will launch in the US on 24 October 2017 and will hit Europe the following day. This news was confirmed in a tweet from developer Supermassive Games.

Hidden Agenda puts you in control of Homicide Detective Becky Marnie and District Attorney Felicity Graves as you hunt for a notorious serial killer known as The Trapper. Marne and Graves will be played by Katie Cassidy and Catherine Haena Kim, respectively.

hidden-agenda-ps4-1.jpg

Edited by tv echo

This is part of John Barrowman's Torchwood radio series (article includes audio trailer for "Torchwood - The Death of Captain Jack")...

Buffy star James Marsters is returning to Torchwood as Captain Jack’s old flame
Paul Jones  30th August 2017
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-08-30/buffy-star-james-marsters-is-returning-to-torchwood-as-captain-jacks-old-flame/

Things are about to get very interesting at Torchwood, as James Marsters – AKA bleached-blonde vampire Spike in Buffy the Vampire Slayer – returns to reprise his role as Captain Jack’s mad, bad and dangerous old flame Captain John, in the ominously titled The Death of Captain Jack, a story that promises to turn the history of the Torchwood Institute, and quite possibly the world, on its head…

“Captain Jack is finally dying, and it’s time for his oldest friend to visit his deathbed,” reads the synopsis for the Big Finish Audio adventure. “King John has come to tell him a story. The story of the life he should have had.
The Death of Captain Jack will be part of Big Finish Audio’s upcoming Torchwood monthly range and will be available in March 2018, almost exactly a decade after Marsters’ last appearance as Captain John in the second series of Torchwood on BBC2.

Also starring are John Barrowman as Captain Jack (of course), Gareth David-Lloyd as Ianto Jones, Kai Owen as Rhys Williams, Samuel Barnett as Norton Folgate and Rowena Cooper as Queen Victoria. 

Edited by tv echo

Congrats to Celina Jade!...

WOLF WARRIOR 2's Celina Jade Receives Kineo Anica International Icon Movie Award
TV News Desk Sep. 5, 2017  
https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/WOLF-WARRIOR-2s-Celina-Jade-Receives-Kineo-Anica-International-Icon-Movie-Award-20170905

Chinese-American actress Celina Jade (The CW's "ARROW") has been honored with the Kineo Anica International Icon Movie Award at the Kineo Diamanti Awards held on September 3, 2017 during the 74th Annual Venice Film Festival. Other notable talents Susan Sarandon, Armand Assante and Thierry Fremaux were also honored at the ceremony.

Additionally, Jade was recently honored by InStyle China at their 2017 Icon Awards in Shanghai last week.

Known to U.S. audiences as 'Shado' from The CW hit television series "ARROW," Jade has broken out starring as the female lead opposite Jing Wu in the record-breaking box-office smash "WOLF WARRIOR 2." The film has since made over $850-million in China alone making it the all-time highest grossing film in the country. It is also currently ranked 57th for the all-time worldwide box-office.

Next, she will star in the action film "TRIPLE THREAT" with Tony Jaa and the Chinese feature "THE SWEET LIFE." Past feature credits include "APRIL FLOWERS," "SKIN TRADE" and Universal Pictures' "THE MAN WITH THE IRON FISTS."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

John Barrowman is currently on Battle of the Network Stars on ABC.  Team Troublemakers.  He only mentions Arrow for his TV credits. (I guess stuff on the BBC doesn't count?)  Should be amusing.  

Edited by BkWurm1

I thought JB did pretty well on Battle of the Network Stars. Although he lost his archery contest, he beat David Chokachi (Baywatch) on the obstacle course and gave his Team Troublemakers some much-needed points. Then Team Troublemakers went on to win the tug-of-war against Team Lifeguards and became the overall winners.

• Love 3

As Barrowman said, he shot CGI arrows on TV.  His stance was really good though.  Roderick looked like she'd never seen a bow in her life before, which was probably acting.

JB redeemed himself with the obstacle course and he was pretty good at the dunk part too.

I'd never seen the show before but it made me feel better about aging.  However all my respect goes to Barbara Bach -- for 70, she was amazing.

• Love 1

Wolf Warrior 2's Celina Jade: 'I don’t think it was in anybody’s expectations it would do that well'
Geoffrey Macnab @TheIndyFilm September 21, 2017
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/features/celina-jade-wolf-warrior-2-wu-jing-legendary-assassin-arrow-china-rambo-a7957986.html

She still has one foot in the east and one in the west. While Chinese audiences now know her for Wolf Warrior, she is recognised more in America for her role in TV superhero series Arrow.
As for Jade herself, she is determined to use her “fame and recognition for a cause.”

“I think as a woman, I have a responsibility to play roles that have complexity and that can reflect the modern female,” Jade declares, making it very clear that she simply won’t accept the stereotypical roles that Hollywood tends to offer Asian actresses. “We don’t play decorative roles in society and so why should I play a decorative role in a movie. It is a time for me to challenge myself. I don’t want to be pigeonholed into being the martial arts actress…being able to fight is a skill set. Being able to sing and dance is also a skillset. I am not going to lessen the integrity of my role just to show people I can fight!” 
Jade’s final words are advice for the US studios as they scramble to tap into the Chinese market in a year when North American box office is dipping. “Asian audiences don’t want to see stereotypical, cliched roles. Hollywood needs to wake up and say look, if we want to tap into that market, we need just as good characters and material (as in US studio pictures.)”

Edited by tv echo

Liam McIntyre, ‘GLOW’s Sydelle Noel To Star In ‘The Clearing’; John D. Hickman Joins ‘The Escape of Prisoner 614’
by Amanda N'Duka   September 22, 2017 12:52pm
http://deadline.com/2017/09/liam-mcintyre-sydelle-noel-the-clearing-john-d-hickman-the-escape-of-prisoner-614-1202175237/

Spartacus: War of the Damned alum Liam McIntyre, Sydelle Noel (Netflix series GLOW, Disney’s Black Panther) Steven Swadling (Kickboxer franchise), and newcomer Aundrea Smith are set to co-star in The Clearing, the feature directorial debut from Dave Matalon, who also wrote the screenplay. The pic, set at the dawn of the zombie apocalypse, follows Tom (McIntyre) who, amid tensions with his wife (Noel) over the time he spends with his young daughter Mira (Smith), takes Mira on a camping trip, only to discover the impending disaster, trapping the pair. Production is underway in Los Angeles with Mark Mathias Sayre and Jonathan Piumelli producing alongside Christopher Wolfe and Swadling. Exec producers are Ryan O’Quinn, Wes Halula, and Michael Davis. McIntyre is repped by WME and B&B Management; Noel by Don Buchwald & Associates and Luber Roklin Entertainment; Swadling by Midwest Talent Management.

11 hours ago, Chaser said:

It's a story shining light on domestic violence, based on someone's actual experiences. 

I'm glad SA is doing the film.

So does that mean SA wearing the wife-beater is no coincidence?

Yes, because all "absentee playboy father"s look that good in a wife-beater.  (When does SA find the time?)

Good for Michelle Morgan (who I've seen for years on Heartland) for setting out to make this film.  It sounds like a film that needs to be made because so many kids live like that..

Reared by an abusive, pill-popping mother (played by Heartland’s Michelle Morgan) and an absentee playboy father (played by Arrow’s  Stephen Amell), six-year-old Valentina must fend for herself. She does what she can to craft the illusion of normalcy: makes herself lunches that look just like the ones her classmates tote, dresses and grooms herself expertly, and lies to cover up for her mother Anita’s erratic behavior.

This film is about the strength and incredible resourcefulness of a young girl who is neglected by her parents- and the glimmer of hope that she finds in the most surprising of all places.

..When I heard the true story of a young girl being abused and neglected at home, while also being protected by a gay couple across the hall