Type keyword(s) to search

Arrow Stars in Other Roles

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, kismet said:

I don't mind her in Conviction, but then again I don't expect much from her.

More importantly, is that a good Hallmark movie? I need a new fluffy movie to satisfy my cheesy sweet tooth.

No, skip it. The characters don't make sense and her love interest is a total superjerk dinklesplat 70% of the time. The remaining 30% he's some other dude. I only sort of liked Emily's friend's husband and his screen time is like two or three minutes. 

• Love 1

Katrina Law's new show debuts this Thursday...

In this interview, KL reveals a lot of info about her character and her relationships with the other characters on Training Day (I only quoted an Arrow mention)...

We Chat with Training Day’s Katrina Law
BY JENNA BUSCH ON JANUARY 30, 2017
http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/features/807151-we-chat-with-training-days-katrina-law

ComingSoon.net: You’ve done a number of genre shows like Arrow and Spartacus. How different is the vibe working on this show?
Katrina Law:
You know, I think the biggest thing that I’ve noticed is that when I have to do action sequences on Training Day, it’s relatively easy compared to what I’ve had to do on Arrow and on Spartacus. Sometimes they’re like, “oh, are you okay jumping over this thing,” and I’m like, “is that all you want me to do?” [laughs] It’s kind of like taking a little bit of a break. I think the stakes are just as high, but one of the biggest differences is the lack of costumes. Other than that, it feels like I might be on the same show.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, tv echo said:

Katrina Law's new show debuts this Thursday...

In this interview, KL reveals a lot of info about her character and her relationships with the other characters on Training Day (I only quoted an Arrow mention)...

We Chat with Training Day’s Katrina Law
BY JENNA BUSCH ON JANUARY 30, 2017
http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/features/807151-we-chat-with-training-days-katrina-law

I wish I had any interest in her new show.  :(

ELYSIA ROTARU MAY BE MEDUSA IN INHUMANS TV SERIES
Matt McGloin  01/31/2017 - 12:01am
https://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/elysia-rotaru-may-be-medusa-inhumans-tv-series

Marvel may have found their Medusa for the Inhumans TV series.

Earlier saw director Roel Reine tweet out that he is excited to use the IMAX cameras to film the first two episodes of Inhumans.

Actress Elysia Rotaru, known for playing Taiana on DC's Arrow, followed up the tweet with a reply that she is excited for Inhumans as well.

"This Is gonna be amazing..." Rotaru posted. "...Can't wait."

Of course it's possible that Elysia Rotaru could simply be a fan of Inhumans, but it seems more than likely she probaby is playing a character on the show, with it speculated to be the wife to Black Bolt, Medusa.

Inhumans is expected to film soon, so Marvel TV should be making casting announcements any day now.

Edited by tv echo
20 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

ROFL.  No seriously.

I do wish her well.  She certainly deserves better than what she got on Arrow. 

I think she might have had more dialogue in her 2 eps of SPN than Arrow.  She's really not a bad actor but Arrow did nothing with her.

• Love 2

Robbie & Stephen Amell’s Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Code 8’ Ramps Up With XYZ Films Deal – Berlin
by Patrick Hipes  February 9, 2017 1:31pm 
http://deadline.com/2017/02/code-8-movie-robbie-amell-stephen-amell-xyz-films-1201907119/

EXCLUSIVE: XYZ Films has acquired international sales rights to Code 8, the sci-fi thriller in the works and being toplined by cousins Stephen and Robbie Amell. The pair starred in Jeff Chan’s short film of the same name and launched an Indiegogo campaign last year to adapt it into a feature; it raised more than $1.7 million.

A May shooting start in Toronto now is being eyed, and XYZ is selling the title at the European Film Market underway this week in Berlin. Chan will direct and produce under his Colony Pictures banner, with the Amells, screenwriter Chris Pare, Thick Water Entertainment and Resolute Films’ Lee Kim executive producing.

The short film is set in a world where 4% of the population is born with some type of supernatural ability, but instead of being billionaires or superheroes, most “specials” face discrimination and live in poverty. The story follows a man (Robbie Amell, The Flash) struggling to pay for his mother’s medical treatment. Forced to work as a day laborer, he is recruited by a criminal (Stephen Amell, Arrow) who teaches him how to use his powers to pull off a series of crimes. Sung Kang (the Fast and the Furious franchise), who also was in the original short, returns to play the relentless cop who pursues them.

Edited by tv echo

I've seen a comment or two claiming that Willa has been doing an HBO series and that's why she hasn't been on the show much.  If she is, it's not on her IMDb page.  Does anyone know if there's any truth to this, or where that rumor might have come from?

8 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I've seen a comment or two claiming that Willa has been doing an HBO series and that's why she hasn't been on the show much.  If she is, it's not on her IMDb page.  Does anyone know if there's any truth to this, or where that rumor might have come from?

The only place I've ever seen it mentioned was in the comment section of the last AV Club review. 

Someone mentioned it in a comment on TVLine, and I was like "ok, first I've heard of it."  So I checked her IMDb page and tried googling it, but didn't come up with anything at all.  But then I saw it somewhere  else too and just got to wondering "where is this coming from?"

Edited by Starfish35

An HBO series is big enough stuff that there should be press releases.

Anna Hopkins (Samantha) is playing the IT help on the CBS show Ransom.  She's only shown through the phone screens but she's got the now obligatory for female IT techs dark-framed glasses.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Anna Hopkins (Samantha) is playing the IT help on the CBS show Ransom.  She's only shown through the phone screens but she's got the now obligatory for female IT techs dark-framed glasses.

615324917_780x439.jpg

And here's Nina Dobrev in XXX: The Return of Xander Cage...

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

TVLine post finale about Timeless:

TVLINE | That was one twist where I was like, “I should’ve seen this coming,” because you don’t cast Susanna Thompson on a genre show and not have her be some kind of Machiavellian orchestrator.
ERIC KRIPKE | [Laughs] It’s funny. After we cast her, my son binges Arrow. I was familiar with Susanna and a fan, but I hadn’t watched every episode of Arrow, I have to admit. So I’m in the kitchen watching the episode of Arrow where she’s revealed to be evil, and I was like, “Oh, s–t!” [Laughs] I was like, “She’s going to be typecast as a loving mom, who turns out to be bad.” But Shawn’s right. We had this planned for quite a long time.

Yeah I was not surprised by that twist on Timeless, but I was kicking myself as well for not predicting it. 

BTW, hope it gets another season cuz I like the show. But I really am excited for the ST twist.

No, this isn't newly sworn-in SCPD Officer Dinah Drake from last night's Arrow episode (514), but Juliana Harkavy as police officer Jessica Loren in Last Shift (2014)...
High-Def_Digest_Blu-ray_Last_Shift_1.jpg

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
On 2/23/2017 at 11:30 AM, tv echo said:

No, this isn't newly sworn-in SCPD Officer Dinah Drake from last night's Arrow episode (514), but Juliana Harkavy as police officer Jessica Loren in Last Shift (2014)...
High-Def_Digest_Blu-ray_Last_Shift_1.jpg

For comparison, here's Officer Dinah Drake in ep. 514 of Arrow...
b859a764bfd54d53cdb9ab12f17a1f9b.jpg

Edited by tv echo

So over on Suits, Carly Pope's character broke Louis's heart.  He may have kinda deserved it (I mean, he is Louis Litt) but it's nice to hate her on both shows now.  It's simpler this way.  ;) 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

So over on Suits, Carly Pope's character broke Louis's heart.  He may have kinda deserved it (I mean, he is Louis Litt) but it's nice to hate her on both shows now.  It's simpler this way.  ;) 

Is she gone for good so I can start watching Suits again?

Seriously I just can't deal with that woman's snivelling face! 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Is she gone for good so I can start watching Suits again?

Seriously I just can't deal with that woman's snivelling face! 

Feels like it but it was the season finale so no new episodes until summer.  I can catch you up on the rest of the season in probably one paragraph though.  If you are so inclined...

Spoiler

Jessica moved to Chicago for love, leaving Harvey and Louis to rebuild the firm; Donna wants more out of life but doesn't know what; Mike managed to get admitted to the Bar and after Harvey promised him lots of money and free reign to do lots of cases for the little guy, he agreed to come back to the firm after swearing all season he wouldn't, lol.  You already knew Louis got dumped and the weird computerized personal assistant thing Donna was making with the IT guy got axed so that doesn't matter anymore.  Oh and Rachel should be a shoo in to being accepted as a lawyer when she graduates.  Really, not much happened, just a lot of push and pull over Mike getting to practice the law, Harvey trying to make it happen and Louis trying to be a good partner in a relationship.  So close.  Oh and Harvey made up with his mother.    

• Love 1

They've been promoting it as the final season for a while now.  I think it's a good choice, leave while the show is still (relatively) good.

I wonder who he plays on the show.  Some new admin guy, I guess.

(edited)
On 23.2.2017 at 5:30 PM, tv echo said:

I actually watched that movie today. She's really good in it. 

Edited by strikera0
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The ending of Suits confirmed that Harvey's true love really is Mike.

There is a spin-off based around Jessica in development.  Gina Torres left the show because she wanted to be in Los Angeles with her family so it would be shot there.

I'd watch that.  She was always underused.

• Love 2

I was channel surfing and caught a little bit of Kevin Smith's "Comic Book Men" show. Katrina Law made an appearance. She's friends with one of the guys on the show and she was there to pick up the issue of Batman that first introduced Ra's al Ghul. They had a bit of a debate over how to pronounce Ra's. 

They also discuss Green Arrow. Kevin Smith talked about how much he liked GA because he was like Batman, no super powers and had to work for everything he got. He mentions the success of the GA Rebirth issue and called him the "Boba Fett of the DC World", as in, everyone knew of him, but his popularity didn't take off until the show. He complimented the show and said that it uses GA very well. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Kymmi said:

Does anyone know what network American Ninja Warrior will be on March 25th (supposedly the episode SA is on)?

It airs on NBC. But I thought his episode won't be on until May?

Edited by lemotomato

Yeah, I'm fairly certain it's May 25th, not March 25th.  NBC hasn't even announced it yet and I can't imagine they're going to bury it on a Saturday in March.    I think people online were just getting mixed up with Red Nose Day UK vs US.

• Love 1

I caught Tyler Ritter playing an intern at Mitch's office in an old Modern Family episode. Now that Malone hasn't been on the show for a while I'm able to see that he was pretty cute here as a semi-doofus.