Type keyword(s) to search

Arrow Stars in Other Roles

• Start Topic

Dylan Neal, who played Ivo, is in a series of detective romcom movies as The Gourmet Detective, a top chef who partners with a tough lady cop to solve murders.

This is the third take-off on Castle that I've scene, and it's the worst.  (I think Jason Priestly's Private Eyes is the best.)  There is zero chemistry between the two leads and neither is charming in the way Lucifer is and Castle and Beckett both were.  Even as living wallpaper I don't think they're worth watching.

(edited)

Looking to kill some time while I ate my salad tonight, I found Cutting Edge 4 - Fire & Ice on Demand. Of course then I saw a very familiar face ~ who knew SA was in the movie? He played a sports broadcaster with a crush on the female star. He even brought out his soft voice for her. His acting is tolerable. He's attractive but definitely looks younger and sounds far more Canadian. I'm glad they ditched the voiceover on Arrow, because the few ones he did on this movie were bad, he just doesn't have the voice for it. 

If you're looking for a rather predictable TV movie, CE4 is not that bad. It's predictable. The stunt skating is horrible. Which always disappoints me since there is so many talented skaters in rinks all around the country, just walk into a practice session and the choreography/skating is leaps above these movies. The only real skaters were "the Richardsons" (played by Olympic Team Medalist Simon Shnapir & Marissa Castelli). I have met them IRL, they were nice, however they are not good actors. Granted it was only a few lines & the script was pretty awful.

If SA's career stalls, he can always put on his skates and try for CE5, I could see him handling the material well.

Edited by kismet

I liked her in the short lived show called The Gates and I liked her better than the girlfriend Sam got at the end of True Blood. Still don't plan on watching it. I do feel sorry for her though, that's a tough role to take over. 

I liked her on both Arrow and True Blood. She was decent enough on Arrow. It just wasn't an important role, she was a stand-in/stall and it was pretty obvious. She was supposed to be forgettable in the end. The writing for her on True Blood was crap, that's not her fault. I do really feel bad for her on this new role. The fans of that show are probably going to tar and feather whoever was cast. That is going to be a hard role to play - the story better be impeccable. And I hope whatever chemistry she has with Ichabod does not translate into an actual relationship - because that would be probably too hard for people to accept.

• Love 1

I binged watch Scream Queens earlier this year, at first I thought it was bad, then kinda dumb, but now I  kinda love and I'm looking forward to S2.

I've also re-watched some scenes for Teen Wolf I think he was actually quite OK as Jackson, better, for me, than as Roy. I can see him fitting in with vibe of Scream Queens.

As for Janina Gavankar, I quite liked her in Vampire Diaries and the Gates, she was fine in Arrow as well. I think she deserves better than the mess that she is going into with SH.

11 hours ago, pootlus said:

Jeez talk about a poisoned chalice! I wonder if she realises.  I liked her well enough on Arrow, not so much on True Blood (but the part was thankless).

Who did she play on True Blood? I'm wondering if it was during the time i wasn't watching 

4 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Who did she play on True Blood? I'm wondering if it was during the time i wasn't watching 

She played Luna a shapeshifter that could shift into people. 

12 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

She played Luna a shapeshifter that could shift into people. 

Oh, the puppy wolf's mom? I only watched a handful of episodes that season. I remember a hospital scene with Sam and Puppy's mom...had no idea that was her

28 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Oh, the puppy wolf's mom? I only watched a handful of episodes that season. I remember a hospital scene with Sam and Puppy's mom...had no idea that was her

Yeah, she had the kid with a werewolf. 

Sam's storylines were always a snoozefest on True Blood, but I liked Janina there. I didn't like her on Arrow, though. I don't know, she wasn't very convincing in the part for me. 

There's this gay independent comedy on Netflix with Parker Young.   Not a terrible movie and,  well Parker goes without his shirt,  so that's good enough for me. 

11 minutes ago, bethy said:

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but it has Colin Donnell in it, and I thought the caption was funny. And appropriate. I love seeing Colin get love.

http://www.gofugyourself.com/fugs-and-fabs-celebs-at-the-nbc-tcas-08-2016/2016-summer-tca-tour-day-7-6

Thanks for posting it... I was wondering why that actress looked so familiar on the show. As soon as I saw her name YaYa, I was like its the girl from ANTM. Who knew, what a small world.

I do love seeing Colin get love, I just wish he had booked another gig not on a hospital show.

On 8/3/2016 at 1:43 PM, kismet said:

I do love seeing Colin get love, I just wish he had booked another gig not on a hospital show.

For what it's work, I think that Chicago Med is the most accurate of the hospital shows currently on TV.

I didn't think Janina Gavankar anything special when she was on Arrow but then I saw her in a(n awful) movie with Danielle Panabaker and she took the thinly written part of The Other Woman and mae her worth watching.  Good luck to her dealing with all the IchAbbie bitter feelings on Sleepy Hollow.

Scoop: WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY? on THE CW - Wednesday, August 31, 2016
August 11 7:32 2016 ?by TV Scoop
http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Scoop-WHOSE-LINE-IS-IT-ANYWAY-on-THE-CW-Wednesday-August-31-2016-20160811#

"Katie Cassidy" - (9:00-9:30 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV) A comedy hero - with guest star appearance by Katie Cassidy (ARROW) - Hosted by comedian Aisha Tyler, cast members Ryan Stiles, Wayne Brady and Colin Mochrie, along with guest comedian Brad Sherwood, put their comedic skills to the test through a series of spontaneous improv games that are prompted only by random ideas supplied by the studio audience. The four performers must use the little information they have and their wild imaginations to depict different characters and an array of scenes, as well as perform songs. After each round of improvisation, Aisha will dole out points to our four performers and declare a winner at the end of every episode. Directed by Geraldine Dowd (403). Original airdate 8/31/2016.

Edited by tv echo

Well, that should be awkward since improv comedy is not KC's strong suit, she can barely make a joke when she's trying too. Unless she just stands there while Wayne Brady makes up a song about her like some of the special guest stars have done. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 6

I didn't know that Katrina Law was on Legend of the Seeker (checking IMDB, it looks like she was in 3 episodes in 2010 - 2x18, 2x19 and 2x22)...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 9:16 AM, Sakura12 said:

Well, that should be awkward since improv comedy is not KC's strong suit, she can barely make a joke when she's trying too. Unless she just stands there while Wayne Brady makes up a song about her like some of the special guest stars have done. 

That's what I'm expecting.  Even great improve actresses like Rachel Bloom have had to mostly just show up.  Can't wait for the awkwardness though. 

I can't watch that because of the high potential for secondhand embarrassment that nearly always happens for me when I watch people who don't normally do improv doing improv, but I love that Matt Mitovich is in the comments section AGAIN clarifying what a "series regular" is, lol. 

Lol. There is really no improv from her. It's pretty much the same as the other guest appearances. They sing her a song and she dances around and throws some mock punches to go with the lyrics, but she looks pretty. I do find it interesting that they show her whole appearance in the preview instead of like 30 secs. Promo-wise I don't know why they do that.

Re: Series Regular. The general census is that she has to appear whenever they write her in but MG was giving an interview (for LOT) and he said they have to work around the schedules of the three. That's kind of weird to me.

Edited by Chaser

Can someone explain the concept of th show to me? Because that's two minutes and there are two more guests. That would total 6 minutes. Are there interviews, games, what does Aisha Tyler do?

I'm sure they are working around their schedules when letting them know they are needed for a storyline. KC's is different since it doesn't appear they have a planned storyline for her yet. JB and WM are in the LoD which is a planned storyline for LoT. 

11 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Can someone explain the concept of th show to me? Because that's two minutes and there are two more guests. That would total 6 minutes. Are there interviews, games, what does Aisha Tyler do?

It's just an improv comedy show. Aisha Tyler pulls an suggestion out of a hat and they have to create characters, scenes and songs to match that suggestion. It's mostly silly and or stupid things.  It'll be like Ryan you're a pilot with a fear of flying, Collin you're a dog that only speaks Russian and Wayne you're a hostess with an obsession with knees. You are all in bar on Mars. Then they create that scene. 

Then Wayne gets to make up songs about the celebrity guest. 

I liked the older version with Drew Carey better. I liked when Colin and Ryan made a compilation cd and Wayne had to sing songs about whatever subject they choose in the style of music they choose. The British version was good as well. I'm still shocked that the guy from Nashville was on the older version and he's was really good. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Re: Series Regular. The general census is that she has to appear whenever they write her in but MG was giving an interview (for LOT) and he said they have to work around the schedules of the three. That's kind of weird to me.

From the interviews, it sounds like Miller and Barrowman apparently both signed contracts/agreed to appear elsewhere prior to signing the cross show contracts, so as the second signed contract, the Arrowverse has to defer to what was previously scheduled. 

• Love 2

Did they stop letting the celebrity guest attempt improv on the new version? In the beginning they tried and most of them looked completely lost and just stood there. It made the skits really uncomfortable. I guess it's better for the celebrity guest to just stand there while Wayne sings. I can't imagine KC attempting improv, not with how she is at Cons. 

I'd like to see Tatiana Maslany go on Who's Line. Or would that not be fair since she is an improv actor?  Maybe she could be a guest panelist instead. 

21 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Did they stop letting the celebrity guest attempt improv on the new version? In the beginning they tried and most of them looked completely lost and just stood there. It made the skits really uncomfortable. I guess it's better for the celebrity guest to just stand there while Wayne sings. I can't imagine KC attempting improv, not with how she is at Cons. 

I'd like to see Tatiana Maslany go on Who's Line. Or would that not be fair since she is an improv actor?  Maybe she could be a guest panelist instead. 

EBR twitter interaction with the cast seems to indicate she will do something a little different. They mentioned her being a human surfboard so I'm wondering if she is doing Human Props instead of the serenade. Either way, it's still not improv. That's a bummer for me because I think she could be good.

You think method actor KC could be good at improv? Those two styles don't usually mix. Method actors need prep time, improv actors get maybe a couple seconds to make up the character. KC is not even good at telling jokes at Cons. 

I'm just wondering if she can't get work or she's hoping that Arrow brings LL back to life like they did for CL. Because doing Who's Line, mall tours and car shows are not really acting gigs. 

10 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

You think method actor KC could be good at improv? Those two styles don't usually mix. Method actors need prep time, improv actors get maybe a couple seconds to make up the character. KC is not even good at telling jokes at Cons. 

I'm just wondering if she can't get work or she's hoping that Arrow brings LL back to life like they did for CL. Because doing Who's Line, mall tours and car shows are not really acting gigs. 

Pretty sure Chaser is saying he/she thinks EBR would be good at improv. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

Oh, is she going to be on it too? 

Yeah, I think EBR would be good at improv. The main thing about improv is you can't be afraid to look or act silly. 

Edited by Sakura12

These are the listed guest stars for the next episodes (the guests for the last 2 episodes arent listed yet)

8/31/16 (We.) 9:00 PM The CW Katie Cassidy

9/7/16 (We.) 9:00 PM The CW Cheryl Hines

9/14/16 (We.) 9:00 PM The CW Candice Patton

5 minutes ago, DrSpaceman10 said:

Ice is only ten episodes (at least for now) and it's filming in Vancouver, so I don't think it'll affect Lyla's appearances too much. 

For me it's less about availability, and more about Arrow's creatives eternal incompetence in figuring out how to best use guest actors. Let's hope that having AMA actually living in Vancouver makes tptb more willing to figure out a schedule.

• Love 6

Her new show is just a ten episode season, though, it seems? Given that Lyla isn't on all that many Arrow episodes anyway, it might not have that huge of an impact on Arrow.

Colton Haynes cast in a movie.

EXCLUSIVE: Colton Haynes has joined the ensemble cast of Rock That Body, Sony’s female-driven R-rated comedy that stars Scarlett Johansson, Kate McKinnon, Jillian Bell, Ilana Glazer and Zoe Kravitz. Ty Burrell and Demi Moore also recently joined the cast of the pic, which is being directed by Lucia Aniello from a script she wrote with Paul W. Downs. Shooting is underway ahead of a June 23 release date.

http://deadline.com/2016/08/colton-haynes-rock-that-body-movie-arrow-1201811064/

• Love 4