Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

I'm surprised he could even enter the Chapel, what with all the crosses.

Yes, that chapel has had more denominations than a Chicago bankroll. As has the All-Purpose Church where Show holds christenings--where people get roses for attending... Most public venues are All-Purpose.

Victor sliding into the confessional did jolt me--I always thought only Days had a strong Catholic presence--Y & R used to seem more Episcopalian [Anglican]. Now, about the confessional--first, the scene was unexpected and funny as hell [as was Victor yesterday--apparently EB might just be enjoying the writing]--even his facial expressions and vocal tones were livelier; and second, didn't I see a red, hooked tail hanging out of the confessional's side door?

Edited by pearlite
  • Love 7

I found EB livelier too. I think the crazy ass shifts in writing are giving actors new life.

Hilary's plan is stupid if she thinks Devon will keep his family. Asshole still fucked his blind dad's wife.

Confessional made me laugh. In a hospital?? Lol

• Love 7

I found EB livelier too. I think the crazy ass shifts in writing are giving actors new life.

Hilary's plan is stupid if she thinks Devon will keep his family. Asshole still fucked his blind dad's wife.

Confessional made me laugh. In a hospital?? Lol

I just realized--we haven't seen this particular chapel before <g>. It's the new one, Our Lady of Perpetual Vodka, funded and run by the Sisters of Serial Drama.

• Love 8

Dear Show: if you're going to close up on Summer crying (and by crying I mean, "boo hoo hoo" and literally jumping up and down on a pew in the hospital chapel), the least you can do is give her some glycerine tears.

Summer is the worst.

• Love 7

gah. Thanks for the heads up catalogrrr. I shall have my finger poised on the FF button. When I saw the preview of Summer saying "They found Austin for real" I knew we'd be in for more of her godawful whining.

Does anyone like this character? It is possible to like her?

I don't buy for one second that any guy on earth would give this whiny princess the time of day unless it was to bilk her for her family's money (now that would be some good writing).

Currently Summer and Kelly are on my cannot watch list. 

• Love 7

I loved Hilary being badass again, her plan is stupid though since Cane's already figured her out and Neil's refusing to forgive Devon.

Austin making fun of Summer dressing him up in the flashbacks make him more interesting than when he was alive.

Sage is now having heart to heart chats with Cane? Sage can go anytime now.

• Love 4

I think we need a thread on this topic, but it would probably be post after post of AARRRGGGHHHHH!!11!!

Possible titles for Summer (hatred) threads:

Summer is the worst!

Summer Newman: My Least Favourite Season

On this site? Not likely, but have been on another one which we shall not name and a lot of them do like her and sympathize that she's had such a hard life. Cry me a fucking river.

Summer's had a hard life? What? In what universe has poor little rich girl ever had to go through anything more tragic than a hangnail or an unfortunate lisp or the inability to produce tears? Edited by catalogrrr
  • Love 7

Summer is the worst!

Now is The Summer of Our Discontent  ~  "To be alive at all is to have sinusitis"

(Steinbeck won't mind - he'd have hated Flubberface Dummer as much as we do)

Edited by klopek
  • Love 9

On this site?  Not likely, but have been on another one which we shall not name and a lot of them do like her and sympathize that she's had such a hard life.  Cry me a fucking river.

I know that site and I seriously believe those fan threads are really only about five people with about ten identities each.  They are obviously quite young, and probably fantasize about being blond and rich.  They are probably having major weepathons over Austin, since they love him too. 

Edited to add I know weepathon is not a word.

Edited by movinon
  • Love 5

I know that site and I seriously believe those fan threads are really only about five people with about ten identities each.  They are obviously quite young, and probably fantasize about being blond and rich.  They are probably having major weepathons over Austin, since they love him too. 

Edited to add I know weepathon is not a word.

Yep.  By the way, I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but  love your new avatar!

• Love 1

LILY?  Buzz saw? Go girl--first time I was ever even remotely interested in you!

Please, Show, don't turn Hellary into Mushmouth McRomance...I'll go to Our Lady of Perpetual Vodka and offer up 666 novenas and a Cole Porter to keep you the way you are.

Nyahahahahaha, but why make Austin slightly intriguing and satirical once he's dead? "Barbie" and ties and "she never understood me"?

Speaking of The Chapel of Sacred Stoli, Kyle? Kyle, shouldn't you just check out DeNiro in Angel Heart? Hon, you need devil lessons.

And is Casa Abbott a sort of thirties' cabin now? Bloody Marys and bloody towels?

And didn't I just see the tiniest tad of, if you will, potential bromance [did I type that?] in the CDN previews? Victor and Jack--and a chorus of "September Song"... Is Victor getting kinda romantic, in a sorta Lovecraftian way?

I'm no purist; I'm loving the characer rewriting--I don't mind a good swerve. Could Cricket become a minor demon, please?

• Love 5

I'm no purist; I'm loving the character rewriting--I don't mind a good swerve. Could Cricket become a minor demon, please?

Cricket is already a major demon - lol.  I'd just like her to go away, FOREVER....she makes Paul even more unlikable. JMO

Edited to say I think your entire post is funny, especially the Vic/Jack one.

Edited by movinon
  • Love 6
Nyahahahahaha, but why make Austin slightly intriguing and satirical once he's dead? "Barbie" and ties and "she never understood me"?

I'm noticing a little pattern here. Pratt doesn't like sappy love stories. Could it be?

He's had Jack make fun of the dumbass Jack-Kelly "romance" and now Austin trashes the lame Summer-Austin marriage.

Lane is heading to deep trouble. Hilary, even if it's momentary, is playing the loser Darvon. 

Am I dreaming too much to hope he does the same with Chelsea and Adam and this silliness they're shoving down our throats? Could Adam realize after all this stalking that he doesn't really even like Chelsea????

• Love 8

It makes sense to me that Austin was playing Summer, because nothing about their relationship made sense, but I don't think we can give the writers credit for that, other than credit for a ridiculous story.  This kind of redeems it.

But Austin being found in a car crash?  That is just good old fashioned "it's a mystery" fun!

I know it is only the day after VD, but are we really supposed to believe that Abby would be still walking around in those hot pants?

• Love 5

Summer is the worst!

Summer's had a hard life? What? In what universe has poor little rich girl ever had to go through anything more tragic than a hangnail or an unfortunate lisp or the inability to produce tears?

my thoughts on Summer is hoping she will fall face first into a jar of peanut butter...she is the worst nails on a chalkboard character I have ever seen...

• Love 11

Yes, after Pricktor told Jack they should essentially call a truce (right?!), Pricktor went to the chapel confessional (must be a Catholic hospital) to talk to his co-conspirator.

So Victor went to church and it wasn't for an exorcism, eh? I suppose that would be some Vatican level demon purging anyways.

I'm surprised he could even enter the Chapel, what with all the crosses.

Do hospital chapels normally have confessionals? Even Catholic hospitals (which I have never thought GC Memorial was)?

I've never seen a Catholic Hospital with a Confessional. I think a lot of shows utilize Catholic elements for props because they lend so much to the imagery without the need for explanation. I'm not certain but does any other denomination light candles? They've done that several times in the chapel too. I'm sure the Demon Victor is immune to crosses and he can obviously cross the threshold without pain, but I bet the font of holy water boils in his presence! Vatican level exorcism indeed! I'm thinking that would even be a tall order for Pope Francis to drive all the evil out of Victor! 

(j/k, not trying to be sacrilegious)

• Love 10

As I recall, the Williams family (esp. Mary) were devoted Catholics (Todd was off becoming a priest while Paul was knocking up teenagers -- a fairly typical scenario, lol). 

The Abbotts didn't pay attention to religion except in times of need, I think.

Victor is the devil.

I think you're totally right, Margamo, on the easy symbolism of Catholicism. Because really Victor could have had that conversation over the phone. Didn't need to construct a confessional in a hospital chapel.

• Love 8

Victor's meeting (and interest in Jack's sex life) plus this "frenemies" thing is far more telling. I think he was talking to a doppelgänger. I know I know I was saying DID, but him saying "Our plan is working. Jack doesn't suspect a thing" makes it clear Victor is pulling strings. Hex or Doppelgänger.

Agreed. Just because Jack didn't deny Victor's accusation about having had sex in the broom closet with Kelly doesn't mean it was a tacit confession either. Victor knew way too much about what had happened given the circumstances. Kelly didn't tell him anything. Ashley didn't. The only way for Victor to have known for sure what had happened was to have instigated "the encounter" with Kelly himself. He texted Kelly (apparently) and had previously texted someone else (the Jack double?). I think he got a status report back from his hired help after he'd "done the deed", and that's who Victor was meeting with in the confessional. Why else would Victor have gone the Bob Woodward-Deep Throat undercover route otherwise? The person he was talking to was the person he'd hired to impersonate Jack. I'm convinced of it. Victor's careful to keep some of his contacts on the down low, but I don't remember him acting like he's some rogue CIA agent either. Victor could have been seen speaking with some random character or other without drawing suspicion. Whoever he was scheming with was too hot to be seen with him or it would have tipped everyone off. Unless it was Kelly, his supposedly fired mole from Ashley's lab or Jack's double, I can't imagine who else that would have been unless the woman Jack supposedly banged in the closet was Patti with Kelly's face now, and god help us if that's what's Pratt has come up with.

Am I dreaming too much to hope he does the same with Chelsea and Adam and this silliness they're shoving down our throats? Could Adam realize after all this stalking that he doesn't really even like Chelsea????

Could be, Miamama. Could be. I can't believe that the *epic* couple Chadam [snort] could endure in the aftermath of the big reveal that Gabriel Bingham is the risen Bad Seed himself, Adam Newman. I can hope at least. Just from a purely realistic POV, I can't think that Chelsea is just going to fall into Adam's waiting arms once she realizes that not only did he not die, he went to elaborate pains to create a false persona with brand new face to boot, and he's been sniffing around her for months now without bothering to clue her in on the truth. Chelsea has admitted to him that she doesn't know herself whether she'd be able to get past what he'd done with Delia after the H&R, and I can't imagine that compounding his list of wrongdoings is going to ease his road back to her.

Looks to me like part of Pratt's gameplan here is to blow up all the sacred cows that have previously existed within all prior Y&R regimes. I think this is the reset that all soap industry writers were warning about when JFP herself started a couple of years ago. She just finally got her way when she facilitated Pratt's hiring, and he's going to be her designated hatchet man, which he's embracing with relish.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 4

I'm sure the Demon Victor is immune to crosses and he can obviously cross the threshold without pain, but I bet the font of holy water boils in his presence! Vatican level exorcism indeed! I'm thinking that would even be a tall order for Pope Francis to drive all the evil out of Victor!

Margamo, This is funny as hell - also not intended as sacrilege.  This is looking like a good day - everyone is ready with the snark and wit today.  I can't wait for the show, and it's been SO LONG since I felt this way.  

• Love 5

I've never seen a Catholic Hospital with a Confessional.

Neither have I, but I have seen churches next to and accessible from the hospital.  I just can't believe they have a designated confession priest who sits in the hospital chapel waiting for someone to confess.  And from my limited knowledge of Catholicism, you don't just walk in to a confessional and start spewing-don't you have to be at least Catholic and confirmed and know the ritual?  Most of the chapel scenes annoy me anyway, because they always start with "I know I haven't talked[prayed, attended church] in forever, God, but I've got a problem now....help me"

• Love 2

Dear friends,

I am at home, sick again, and it has progressed to sinus infection and bronchitis. To keep myself entertained, I've been watching YR. I think this was a mistake. I think it's made my condition worse. I keep coughing up this phlegm and I think it's in response to Avery's terrible pink lipstick, Cricket's very existence, Police Chief's Paulie Tightpockets' complete incompetence, and the Summer of my discontent.

The only thing giving me life was Ashley's amazing look. One raised eyebrow was all she needed to convey, "I'm not buying what you're trying to sell, Victor." Eileen Davidson is amazing.

Previews for Monday's Canadian make me hope that I feel better enough to return to work because I don't think I can take any more of Summer's tour de crap-force run as leading lady. I really don't care about story that happens offscreen.

Excuse me while I go hack up a lung.

With love and Robitussin,

Catalogrrr

• Love 12

Catalogrrr, so sorry you're under the weather.  I once had a sinus infection that lasted two friggin' years.  My doc kept telling me that you gotta flush that shit out with salt water, but I wouldn't do it because eewww, gross.  Finally, one night I had just had it, so I did it.  Sinus infection gone!  Try it, it works.

• Love 4

Is Cockroach as sickening as I assume she will be on Monday's U.S.?

Is that a nickname for Kelly. She is so unfortunate. Her dress today had a neckline that was all wrong. Her hair extensions are ao bad. She's about to make a deal with Victor and we all know how that's going to go. Not smart, Smelly Kelly. Not smart.

• Love 5

Catalogrrr: sorry you feel so crap. I can't imagine anything worse than listening to Summer whine in that state, except maybe listening to Kelly whine.

Take care. :-)

Sympathy from me, too - I hate being sick.  If the show was bad, I guess I'm lucky because we didn't get Y&R today in Texas - just 4 straight hours of weather people making a big deal out of the snow falling.  It was pretty, but I could see it out the window - didn't need a play by play on television. lol........Feel better, catalogrrr

Is that a nickname for Kelly. She is so unfortunate. Her dress today had a neckline that was all wrong. Her hair extensions are ao bad. She's about to make a deal with Victor and we all know how that's going to go. Not smart, Smelly Kelly. Not smart.

I'm pretty sure Cockroach is LP's favorite name for Cricket (Christine) - she disgusts me - YUCK!!!  She has lots more experience at being shitty than Kelly,

Edited by movinon
  • Love 5

Sympathy from me, too - I hate being sick.  If the show was bad, I guess I'm lucky because we didn't get Y&R today in Texas - just 4 straight hours of weather people making a big deal out of the snow falling.  It was pretty, but I could see it out the window - didn't need a play by play on television. lol........Feel better, catalogrrr

I'm pretty sure Cockroach is LP's favorite name for Cricket (Christine) - she disgusts me - YUCK!!!  She has lots more experience at being shitty than Kelly,

Oh, thanks, movinon! I'm counting down the minutes until I can take some nighttime cough syrup and pass out (47).

Of course, Cockrach is Cricket! Duh! She is insufferable. And by the looks of things, on Canadian Monday, she's going to be all up in Paulie's face because he is still in love with Nikki. Whatever.

• Love 2

Is that a nickname for Kelly.

Cockroach refers to Bug aka Cricket aka Christine.

She's about to make a deal with Victor and we all know how that's going to go. Not smart, Smelly Kelly. Not smart.

Hopefully she ends up dead.

And by the looks of things, on Canadian Monday, she's going to be all up in Paulie's face because he is still in love with Nikki. Whatever.

Why did these freaks even get married.

• Love 7

After today's Cdn there's no doubt. Jack has a doppelgänger.

Another wardrobe continuity issue and this one was glaring. Jack is waiting to be released (in hospital bed and gown) yapping with Victor and kind of iffy about his "agreement" to work with Victor to help Phyllis. Victor, who is leaving, accuses him of reneging. Jack reluctantly agrees for Phyllis's sake. Then he phones someone. Paul and Cricket arrive. He tells them Kelly is the nut. She made up this "outlandish" story about sex in a back room so she must be delusional. Cricket ain't interested. She's still going after Phyllis.

Kelly the freak meanwhile accosts poor Psycho Whisperer Ashely at the GCAC begging her to talk to Jack (why Kelly would want anything to do with Jack now is beyond me). Ashley goes to the hospital where Jack, wearing a plaid shirt under a sweater (which being a Jack fan was a rather unusual get-up to see him in) is getting ready to leave. He is curt and irritated with her (very much like Slam Bam Thank You Ma'am Jack), trying a couple of times to get away. She brings up the sex and how it's messing up Kelly. He admits to it in that detached way he used the other day. She's pissy with him for being SOOO cruel to poor Kelly; he's like whatevs. He just doesn't want Phyllis to know. He then says Victor and I are cool. We are working together now to get Phyllis off and put Kelly in jail. Ashely is like WTF after what Victor has done to US? He says "yeah we went through something in that collapse that changes people."

Later Jack is home but now wearing a suit and tie (and a bandage he was sporting earlier when talking to Ashley is also gone; though that's less of an issue since it looked pretty healed). And he's definitely "Jack" because he sees Adam and knows it's him. The show is coy. You don't see where Jack entered into the living room (whether from upstairs -- where he could have changed clothes -- or if he just got home). In any case I've never seen a wardrobe change like that. Why put on a suit after just getting home from the hospital?

Victor in the meantime goes to see Kelly to propose some plan to get Phyllis and Jack to split. He says Jack wants her to be up on charges and Victor will help Kelly. We don't hear the plan. Only Kelly's reaction to it: "That's kind of extreme" she says. But she agrees as long as she "gets Jack."

At the end Victor runs into Ashley who is mightily annoyed by this "arrangement" with Jack. She doesn't buy it, says Jack would never be his friend. Victor says: "He was close to death. And that brought about a change in him. I can see that. I think you and everyone else will see a change as well."

What convinced me beyond a doubt was Jack's behaviour with Ashley. He's definitely different. Well, that and the anvils about Jack changing.

I expect Victor to open up a new dungeon in his basement to house RealJack. That or Kelly will be transformed to Misery to keep Jack hidden away. It explains why Victor wants people to see him and Jack as some sort of friends or frenemies.

The rest of the show: Cricket was fucking unbearable with her Get Phyllis vendetta. As was Kelly and her stupid whine and Tammy Wynette hair. But the worst, the absolute unfuckingbearable worst was that hateful irritating horror show Summer. I don't care that she's justified because she thinks she killed her husband. I don't want to watch this character any more.

Kyle was good with Phyllis -- kind of an ass and clearly hiding something. He was annoying as shit with Summer, all lovey and overly supportive. That hateful character of Summer will be the death of every other young person on this show.

Nick and Avery talked about his guilt about the Underground collapsing. She said he's totally INNOCENT because he hired a contractor. But he still feels bad. He did his Sad Face. Then Avery repeatedly told him how wonderful and INNOCENT and NOT AT FAULT he is until Sage came along to tell him HOW WONDERFUL AND WHAT A HERO HE IS. Gah.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 15

Thanks Miamama - that was a great recap.  I know it's just about Jack, but he's mostly all I care about.  I think you've been right about this one from the start and it makes me furious with Victor.  Of course, that's my normal state of mind.  I'm staying up tonight to watch today's show at 2:12 am - such nonsense over a little snow.  That way, I'll be ready for this one tomorrow.  Thanks again.

Edited to say I am an idiot, and stayed up for nothing.  This won't air until Monday and I had all weekend to watch.

Edited by movinon
  • Love 4

Yes, movinon, it was more of a recap of Jack's storyline. I'm a terrible recapper. Don't know how Peach and Canadian and Bannana and others do it. 

No. You are a great re-capper, I could totally visualize the whole thing.  I like the cut of your jib and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.  :)

• Love 12

After today's Cdn there's no doubt. Jack has a doppelgänger.

Another wardrobe continuity issue and this one was glaring. Jack is waiting to be released (in hospital bed and gown) yapping with Victor and kind of iffy about his "agreement" to work with Victor to help Phyllis. Victor, who is leaving, accuses him of reneging. Jack reluctantly agrees for Phyllis's sake. Then he phones someone. Paul and Cricket arrive. He tells them Kelly is the nut. She made up this "outlandish" story about sex in a back room so she must be delusional. Cricket ain't interested. She's still going after Phyllis.

Kelly the freak meanwhile accosts poor Psycho Whisperer Ashely at the GCAC begging her to talk to Jack (why Kelly would want anything to do with Jack now is beyond me). Ashley goes to the hospital where Jack, wearing a plaid shirt under a sweater (which being a Jack fan was a rather unusual get-up to see him in) is getting ready to leave. He is curt and irritated with her (very much like Slam Bam Thank You Ma'am Jack), trying a couple of times to get away. She brings up the sex and how it's messing up Kelly. He admits to it in that detached way he used the other day. She's pissy with him for being SOOO cruel to poor Kelly; he's like whatevs. He just doesn't want Phyllis to know. He then says Victor and I are cool. We are working together now to get Phyllis off and put Kelly in jail. Ashely is like WTF after what Victor has done to US? He says "yeah we went through something in that collapse that changes people."

Later Jack is home but now wearing a suit and tie (and a bandage he was sporting earlier when talking to Ashley is also gone; though that's less of an issue since it looked pretty healed). And he's definitely "Jack" because he sees Adam and knows it's him. The show is coy. You don't see where Jack entered into the living room (whether from upstairs -- where he could have changed clothes -- or if he just got home). In any case I've never seen a wardrobe change like that. Why put on a suit after just getting home from the hospital?

Victor in the meantime goes to see Kelly to propose some plan to get Phyllis and Jack to split. He says Jack wants her to be up on charges and Victor will help Kelly. We don't hear the plan. Only Kelly's reaction to it: "That's kind of extreme" she says. But she agrees as long as she "gets Jack."

At the end Victor runs into Ashley who is mightily annoyed by this "arrangement" with Jack. She doesn't buy it, says Jack would never be his friend. Victor says: "He was close to death. And that brought about a change in him. I can see that. I think you and everyone else will see a change as well."

What convinced me beyond a doubt was Jack's behaviour with Ashley. He's definitely different. Well, that and the anvils about Jack changing.

I expect Victor to open up a new dungeon in his basement to house RealJack. That or Kelly will be transformed to Misery to keep Jack hidden away. It explains why Victor wants people to see him and Jack as some sort of friends or frenemies.

The rest of the show: Cricket was fucking unbearable with her Get Phyllis vendetta. As was Kelly and her stupid whine and Tammy Wynette hair. But the worst, the absolute unfuckingbearable worst was that hateful irritating horror show Summer. I don't care that she's justified because she thinks she killed her husband. I don't want to watch this character any more.

Kyle was good with Phyllis -- kind of an ass and clearly hiding something. He was annoying as shit with Summer, all lovey and overly supportive. That hateful character of Summer will be the death of every other young person on this show.

Nick and Avery talked about his guilt about the Underground collapsing. She said he's totally INNOCENT because he hired a contractor. But he still feels bad. He did his Sad Face. Then Avery repeatedly told him how wonderful and INNOCENT and NOT AT FAULT he is until Sage came along to tell him HOW WONDERFUL AND WHAT A HERO HE IS. Gah.

miamama, watched in bits and pieces today and will pay closer attention on a rewatch tomorrow, but I too noticed the wardrobe change (and I knew you would catch it!).  But, does that mean that Jack in the hospital was the DG, because how does that make sense?

• Love 2

Could this have been laid on any heavier? Honestly, it made my teeth hurt. I zoned out but did one of them at least throw in what a good father he is too? I was aware long enough to realize that he did not mention dead Derek. Not even once. He was sad that people got hurt, especially his Dad.  Duh, what about Jack? Your MOTHER? 

Edited by PatsyandEddie
  • Love 6
miamama, watched in bits and pieces today and will pay closer attention on a rewatch tomorrow, but I too noticed the wardrobe change (and I knew you would catch it!).  But, does that mean that Jack in the hospital was the DG, because how does that make sense?

This is what I think: The Jack in the hospital bed is real Jack. The scenes with Victor and Paul and Cricket were definitely RealJack. He was reluctant to partner with Victor and he was vehement with Paul and Bug that he DID NOT sleep with Kelly. Plus he was more "Jack-like" -- kind of sweeter and polite. Then I think he was released. For some reason DG Jack was at the hospital when Ashley came -- and he had that detached demeanour of the guy who slept with Kelly. Real Jack was on his way home where we see him later in a suit.  The suit was heavy handed IMO. Jack has been in hospital before and when he comes home he comes like a semi-normal person -- NOT in a suit AND TIE. Even a tie-free suit I'd buy. So I'm taking the big clue from the show on that one. lol.

Could this have been laid on any heavier? Honestly, it made my teeth hurt. I zoned out but did one of at least throw in what a good father he is too? I was aware long enough to realize that he did not mention dead Derek. Not even once. He was sad that people got hurt, especially his Dad.  Duh, what about Jack? Your MOTHER?

I know. At one point I FFd. I couldn't TAKE it. He did mention his "bartender dying" but you're right about MY DAD. That's all (no mention of MOM or, you know, the woman sitting across from him who was also trapped). Didn't mention Jack who almost died. He's such a moron. 

Edited by miamama
  • Love 9

This is what I think: The Jack in the hospital bed is real Jack. The scenes with Victor and Paul and Cricket were definitely RealJack. He was reluctant to partner with Victor and he was vehement with Paul and Bug that he DID sleep with Kelly. Plus he was more "Jack-like" -- kind of sweeter and polite. Then I think he was released. For some reason DG Jack was at the hospital when Ashley came -- and he had that detached demeanour of the guy who slept with Kelly. Real Jack was on his way home where we see him later in a suit.  The suit was heavy handed IMO. Jack has been in hospital before and when he comes home he comes like a semi-normal person -- NOT in a suit AND TIE. Even a tie-free suit I'd buy. So I'm taking the big clue from the show on that one. lol.

I know. At one point I FFd. I couldn't TAKE it. He did mention his "bartender dying" but you're right about MY DAD. That's all (no mention of MOM or, you know, the woman sitting across from him who was also trapped). Didn't mention Jack who almost died. He's such a moron. 

Poor little Dickweed! He just can't help being the way he is. He has a new piece of azz on his weak little brain and it takes all his strength to concentrate on any thing else of importance.

• Love 7

Paul and Cricket arrive. He tells them Kelly is the nut. She made up this "outlandish" story about sex in a back room so she must be delusional. Cricket ain't interested. She's still going after Phyllis.

This is what I think: The Jack in the hospital bed is real Jack. The scenes with Victor and Paul and Cricket were definitely RealJack. He was reluctant to partner with Victor and he was vehement with Paul and Bug that he DID sleep with Kelly.

Wait, so did Fake Jack call Cockroach and Paulie and tell them he didn't bang Smelly Horse and then Real Jack called them back and told them he DID bang her?

• Love 3

^ Sorry. Typo. RealJack said he DID NOT sleep with Kelly. lol.

will fix.

It is confusing but IMO the only time FauxJack appears is when he's wearing the sweater/plaid shirt combo (and HE admits to sex with Kelly).

Edited by miamama
  • Love 3

I definitely think you're onto something here. It's pretty clear to me that Pratt has made some visits to the old Y&R video vault and stopped a while to savor the old episodes that featured the original recipe Victor with the pretty young brunette wife (Julia, not Sabrina) whose lover, Michael, he kept imprisoned in his basement and nourished with rats and entertained with live video feeds of his lovemaking with the nubile Julia. This, of course, was all before Victor was redeemed by the love a good floozy and became the King of Genoa City.

I definitely concur about a Jack doppelganger, and I think you're on the right track with Victor planning to enlist Kelly to be real Jack's caretaker/torturer. I'm beginning to think that Victor's ultimate goal is to make both Jack and Kelly look so volatilely unstable that they're both shipped off to Fairview, and with the rifts beginning to widen between Nikki and Victor, could a Victor-Phyllis nuptial be far behind?  I shudder to think.

• Love 4
I definitely think you're onto something here. It's pretty clear to me that Pratt has made some visits to the old Y&R video vault and stopped a while to savor the old episodes that featured the original recipe Victor with the pretty young brunette wife (Julia, not Sabrina) whose lover, Michael, he kept imprisoned in his basement and nourished with rats and entertained with live video feeds of his lovemaking with the nubile Julia. This, of course, was all before Victor was redeemed by the love a good floozy and became the King of Genoa City.

Ack. I forgot that Michael had to watch videos. lol.  

I'm beginning to think that Victor's ultimate goal is to make both Jack and Kelly look so volatilely unstable that they're both shipped off to Fairview, and with the rifts beginning to widen between Nikki and Victor, could a Victor-Phyllis nuptial be far behind?  I shudder to think.

Phictor truly wouldn't surprise me and if only so that RealJack has to watch on that video feed. But please, show, don't make us watch too...

• Love 4

Ugh... I know!!   Watching Dick consulting with Boobies was unwatchable as it was,  then Sage joined in and the puerile giggling commenced between them over the silk panties, slippery drawers, slimy knickers -  whatever the fuck they're snickering about - gahhh... enough already!!  It was juvenile upon first mention and 100 repeats later it is still just as distasteful and unfunny... nevermind the inappropriateness within the context of what was being discussed.  Even Boobies Esq. facial expression was screaming  'who the fuck is writing this shit'.   Stupid stupid stupid

eta: Terrific recap miamama - thank you.  I don't know how recappers do it either -  my brain is default set to auto-delete this shit show.  Applause to all the recappers --  you are all brilliant and make this clusterfuckfest infinitely more watchable and enjoyable!

Edited by klopek
  • Love 8

Phictor truly wouldn't surprise me and if only so that RealJack has to watch on that video feed. But please, show, don't make us watch too...

Oh my god. I hadn't gotten that far in my speculation ... but.. taking it to its logical historical conclusion..

Would the character of Victor still be viable if he managed to get away with something like that for any extended period of time? Not that I care. I'd welcome it as his swan song.

• Love 5
Would the character of Victor still be viable if he managed to get away with something like that for any extended period of time? Not that I care. I'd welcome it as his swan song.

I was wondering the same thing. He's pulled some shit but this is old-school INSANE shit. It's one thing to have a doppelgänger running around banging women but if he does "remove" Jack from the picture and use FauxJack as some sort of puppet/mole that's hardly DoingItForMyFamily. I'm trying to imagine Victor's end game. Your suggestion he wants to send Jack to Fairview works. Maybe he'd slip RealJack back in to replace the Doppelgänger once Jack is deemed certifiable. No one would believe Jack that he's been held captive etc.

But ultimately Victor has to be found out. Jack isn't going to stay in Fairview (or as a Doppelgänger).

I suppose if anyone can be "forgiven" this, it's Victor. <eye roll>. He'll probably say he did it because Jack was hiding Adam and everyone will blame Jack.

eta: Terrific recap miamama - thank you.  I don't know how recappers do it either -  my brain is default set to auto-delete this shit show.  Applause to all the recappers --  you are all brilliant and make this clusterfuckfest infinitely more watchable and enjoyable!

Thanks klopek. I'm spending far too much time on this show. Probably because I don't want to face February and this endless deep freeze.

• Love 2