Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

i'm not....fuck you pratt.

I'm just going to FF scenes like this because seriously? I mean how insensitive is this child? She was "Daddy is so sad about Christian" all the damn time but now that her mother is bereft and grieving she says "this sucks! see ya!"

please.

It would have been far better to have Faith want to stay with her mom and Dylan but then show her struggling with their misery and fights and sneak off to see Christian. The little actress could pull it off and we wouldn't have yet another person abandoning Sharon. 

This show will NEVER let a child side with his or her mother -- or not for long anyways. 

That said I think this will somehow work in Sharon's favour -- ie Faith will convince Nick to let Sharon spend time with the baby etc. Plus she'll be there to witness Chick and hopefully say WTF is this? (As we all are saying.)

• Love 13
10 hours ago, miamama said:
10 hours ago, miamama said:

This show will NEVER let a child side with his or her mother -- or not for long anyways. 

Summer junior. "Tho what if Dwampa had mom raped a few dozen times....heth Sorry... I wuv him."

• Love 6

OK so I share none of the... passionate... hatred of Billy that most of you share.  I actually think JT is a good actor.  I don't deny he's eating the show to some extent, but hey, I had to give up over Gloria so different strokes.

But Jesus, Mary and Joseph is anybody thinking these days?  I'm typing on Gravol following Billy's rage thatTravis dropped anchor in the bay of Michelle.  Dude, to put it as bluntly and crudely as you acted, you fucked your brother's wife.  Holy Toledo... dial it down.  

I know we're trending from one writing team to another, I know Travis is being moved quickly out of the show, but you'd think JT would play it a bit more softly because this is hypocrisy that could destroy a character's credibility in viewers eyes.  Man, today was bad in every respect.  Whoever Billy Abbott thinks he is, it isn't anybody I want to watch.  And I am chill compared to most of ya. 

• Love 8

So I only had so much time to watch TV this evening and I chose to watch Chicago PD, The Big Bang Theory and Mom instead. And then I may have been sucked into a French veterinary show in which the Montreal Biodome was examining a 9 month old baby sloth under anesthesia. For those curious, it was a boy. And he was adorable!

Anyway, I'll try and recap tomorrow.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, jewel21 said:

So I only had so much time to watch TV this evening and I chose to watch Chicago PD, The Big Bang Theory and Mom instead. And then I may have been sucked into a French veterinary show in which the Montreal Biodome was examining a 9 month old baby sloth under anesthesia. For those curious, it was a boy. And he was adorable!

Anyway, I'll try and recap tomorrow.

Sexing a sloth.... sounds like more fun than the show

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Big Blue Plate said:

I know we're trending from one writing team to another, I know Travis is being moved quickly out of the show, but you'd think JT would play it a bit more softly because this is hypocrisy that could destroy a character's credibility in viewers eyes.  Man, today was bad in every respect.  Whoever Billy Abbott thinks he is, it isn't anybody I want to watch.  And I am chill compared to most of ya. 

I went off about JT in the spoiler thread but I'll reiterate here. He's stupid. To me a good soap actor means a thoughtful, intelligent actor. If you're in a feature film or even prime time you can be a stupid actor because you are heavily directed. Not on a soap. JT is a thoughtless actor. I've witnessed it in enough of his acting choices now. He clearly has no interest in learning deeply about his character and so knows squat about Billy's history and his relationships.

But how does he not see Billy's hypocrisy? I give him passes for not knowing Billy's history (though that is seriously irking me now). But he PLAYED the guy carrying on a vile affair for MONTHS and doesn't see that perhaps his FREAKING out over a ONS his ex's boyfriend had would be ridiculous? Billy is supposed to be upset, I'm sure of it. But I would think he'd be surprised by how upset he is. That like whoa he's protective of Victoria but maybe it's more -- maybe he still has feelings for her. Then in the midst of this shocked upset he'd suddenly feel like But who the hell am I to judge and OMG I did this and so much worse to my brother, whom I LOVE. That would give us a confused, restrained, layered reaction.

Jason Thompson Is Not Capable of This. 

That is absolutely clear to me now. 

• Love 16

I gotta give Camryn Grimes high marks... she took some well written dialogue and delivered against it, even made it better. She did good today.   I liked watching her.  

If Hillary wants to get to the bottom of the story she should hire Ashley.  OK, they hate each other, but they are major buttisnkis.  They'd do well.

Show, please give Patti a get out of jail free brain tumour and then she can be the town Log Lady.   This show needs some fun.  Patti should be like some of the whackadoodle but actual characters that Eileen D played on Days.  There's room for that.  There's a need. 

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, Big Blue Plate said:

I gotta give Camryn Grimes high marks... she took some well written dialogue and delivered against it, even made it better. She did good today.   I liked watching her.  

If Hillary wants to get to the bottom of the story she should hire Ashley.  OK, they hate each other, but they are major buttisnkis.  They'd do well.

Show, please give Patti a get out of jail free brain tumour and then she can be the town Log Lady.   This show needs some fun.  Patti should be like some of the whackadoodle but actual characters that Eileen D played on Days.  There's room for that.  There's a need. 

I have always loved SH abd have wanted Patti made sane so that Jack could truly fall for her and  be with  her. yes, i know it's wrong for jack for be with a woman who victimized him but he'd finally have someine that loves  him and would be  on his side no matter what. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Big Blue Plate said:

This show needs some fun.  Patti should be like some of the whackadoodle but actual characters that Eileen D played on Days.  There's room for that.  There's a need. 

Yeah, Esther just doesn't cut it without Mrs. C.

• Love 4
On 11/18/2016 at 9:28 AM, miamama said:

But how does he not see Billy's hypocrisy? I give him passes for not knowing Billy's history (though that is seriously irking me now). But he PLAYED the guy carrying on a vile affair for MONTHS and doesn't see that perhaps his FREAKING out over a ONS his ex's boyfriend had would be ridiculous? Billy is supposed to be upset, I'm sure of it. But I would think he'd be surprised by how upset he is. That like whoa he's protective of Victoria but maybe it's more -- maybe he still has feelings for her. Then in the midst of this shocked upset he'd suddenly feel like But who the hell am I to judge and OMG I did this and so much worse to my brother, whom I LOVE. That would give us a confused, restrained, layered reaction.

This would be how Billy would react. You are not wrong about that. I also feel this is suppose to be how it comes across on screen since we have had Jill, Ashley, and even Michelle comment on him. I think the main issue is that we are officially in the transition scripts (Sally's stuff debuts in 10 episodes) and this really screws with Billy who is already a mess of a character. He just seems bipolar right now. One minute he is weepy about Victoria marrying someone else and the next he making sex eyes with Phyllis. That doesn't work. It is confusing. 

We know Sally wants to repair the family dynamics of the show. The actors keep mentioning that so I do think Jack and Billy will be a long work in progress. Jack will take his sweet ass time to forgive Billy and rightfully so. We need to see Billy put in the work to make that relationship heal. That will also ground Billy as a character. I am not saying change his rascal ways. He is a screw up. The issue was he was never a hateful asshole. His screw ups usually came from doing something misguided and he was always remorseful. That is Billy.

Another character I feel is in a weird transition is Hilary. I have no idea what is going on with her. Clearly they see her as the new trouble making diva of the show. I am not against it as we have always had one. I just need it to make sense. Hopefully she is more fleshed out under Sally's regime.

• Love 8

So I was almost done recapping last night when the board decided to eat up my whole post and not save it. Here's take two.

This show is boring, y'all.

Travis goes to see Michelle in her hotel room. Ashley runs into him in the hallway of the GCAC and he tells her to stick around. They both enter Michelle's room where she's been waiting for Travis all decked out in fancy wear. Travis tells Michelle what happened between them was a mistake and he wants to be with Victoria. He tells her to leave town and departs himself. Ashley stays and makes sure that Michelle boards a plane to NY.

Travis proposes to Victoria in the park. She's surprised and tells him she needs to think about it before running away to get a coffee where she runs into Abby and tells her the news. Billy, who just happened to be strolling through the park at the exact same time of the proposal, watches from afar, before running into Ashley at the GCAC and telling her what he observed. Billy is pissed because Travis slept with his ex and shut up Billy and take a seat.

Cane is having complications from surgery including a fever and pain. He's insistent that he wants to leave the hospital and go back to work. Lily finally gets him to stay in bed by telling him she'll call Victoria and Billy with his notes. Cane falls asleep/passes out? Lily calls Victoria, who sets up a conference call with Billy, to read them Cane's notes. Except she can barely read them because his handwriting is terrible. The gist is to go old school and offer free makeup consultations like Mac and most department stores have, etc. Not that groundbreaking, really.

Faith wants to live with Nick and Christian forever. Sharon tries to convince her otherwise. Finally, Sharon leaves Faith to speak with Dylan. Dylan tries to talk to Faith and Faith admits living there is sad and there's too much fighting. Dyan asks what if they promise not to fight but Faith still wants to leave. Dylan takes Faith to see Nick without telling Sharon, who is freaking out, when she comes downstairs and finds them both gone. Mariah comes in at that exact moment and talks Sharon out of storming over to Nick's and grabbing Faith.

Dylan and Nick talk while Faith is upstairs with Chelsea. Dylan explains the situation and they both agree to let Faith stay there for now with the understanding that it's temporary and Nick agrees not to go through the courts and have their custody agreement legally changed. Meanwhile, Faith and Chelsea speak upstairs. Chelsea fills in Faith on her own complicated relationship with her mother. Faith says what Sharon did was a horrible thing and she never wants to live with her again. Chelsea tries to get Faith to see where Sharon was coming from in her decision to hide Christian's paternity.

Dylan comes home without Faith and Sharon freaks out at him. She tells him he has no right to bring Faith over to Nick's and that she's tired of him giving all her kids away to Nick. Dylan looks stunned.

Later, Sharon goes to work and runs into Chloe who's just leaving. Chloe is upset because earlier, she and Kevin were talking, and she sided with Sharon. Kevin made a comment about of course Chloe would defend Sharon since she also kept a kid away from his father. Chloe freaks out for a moment because she thinks Kevin is referring to Adam, but Kevin means that Chloe is keeping Bella away from her father.

Chelsea shows up and finds Sharon at the studio. Sharon is surprised that Chelsea knows about the Faith situation but confirms that Chelsea was at Nick's when Faith and Dylan showed up. Sharon lets loose on Chelsea and pretty much tells her off for 'siding with Nick.' Chelsea tells Sharon that she's actually been siding with Sharon and telling Nick to give Sharon some slack on what she did. Sharon needs to shut the fuck up before she alienates the only two people who give even a small rat's ass about her. Geez.

Hilary continues to want to talk about this baby scandal despite Devon's take that it's too depressing, especially with the holidays coming around. He wants Hilary to do a segment on another story but she refuses. He tells her that since he's the one signing the checks, she will cover it. Hilary is still trying to get Mariah to admit her part in the baby scandal. Mariah continues to not take the bait.

Ashley gets called away for Thanksgiving to do a television show promoting the new app.

Sorry if I forgot any other major developments. This is all I can recall.

Previews show Jack at the cabin alone, imagining Phyllis and Billy going at it. Cane is at home staring at the bottle of pills with longing. Does Cane have an addiction I don't know about? Or will this be a new story line for him?

• Love 9

I'm not aware of Cane's having any prior addiction issues. Probably something new. I hope it's not going to be another PSA, After School Special story line.

Meanwhile, Faith and Chelsea speak upstairs. Chelsea fills in Faith on her own complicated relationship with her mother. Faith says what Sharon did was a horrible thing and she never wants to live with her again. Chelsea tries to get Faith to see where Sharon was coming from in her decision to hide Christian's paternity.

First time I've ever actually liked Chelzzzz.

Great recap jewel!

• Love 7
4 hours ago, TwistedSoul7 said:

This would be how Billy would react. You are not wrong about that. I also feel this is suppose to be how it comes across on screen since we have had Jill, Ashley, and even Michelle comment on him. I think the main issue is that we are officially in the transition scripts (Sally's stuff debuts in 10 episodes) and this really screws with Billy who is already a mess of a character. He just seems bipolar right now. One minute he is weepy about Victoria marrying someone else and the next he making sex eyes with Phyllis. That doesn't work. It is confusing. 

We know Sally wants to repair the family dynamics of the show. The actors keep mentioning that so I do think Jack and Billy will be a long work in progress. Jack will take his sweet ass time to forgive Billy and rightfully so. We need to see Billy put in the work to make that relationship heal. That will also ground Billy as a character. I am not saying change his rascal ways. He is a screw up. The issue was he was never a hateful asshole. His screw ups usually came from doing something misguided and he was always remorseful. That is Billy.

Another character I feel is in a weird transition is Hilary. I have no idea what is going on with her. Clearly they see her as the new trouble making diva of the show. I am not against it as we have always had one. I just need it to make sense. Hopefully she is more fleshed out under Sally's regime.

You're right. This is pure transition. It would be Pratt and Mal and Sally/Kay kind of all in there. And Sally said we'd see her changes immediately. So if that's the case, she's setting things up in terms of direction.

Philly dead is the most obvious. Phyllis's redemption has been at work with her fighting for Jack. Billy's will begin now and ramp up with Sally. She's clearly not charmed by Billy the Asshole with no Charm.

• Love 6

still wondering about the court scenes they talked about. I keep hoping that Adam left some sort of video. Maybe he found out or guessed. Remember how he looked at Sully? That might actually be good soap opera... Sharon and Nick sharing custody... Nick angry at Chels and Prick. Change the kids name back to Sullivan (I hate that it's named after Prick.)

• Love 4

^

This. I liked that Moses' mother (Sophia? I'm not sure if that was her name) was actually a darker complextion than a lot of black actresses on TV and certainly with a fuller figure....bbut ain't no way in Hades could she and Neil have produced that kid.

• Love 4

I bet they looked at the actors that play the other members of the Winters family and thought he fit. Someone clearly has no understanding of the dynamics of that family  

Devon, Charlie, and Maddie are biracial and the actors look like it and probably are. Devon isn't even a bio member so his looks shouldn't be considered. 

CK's looks has always been a bone of  contention with many black viewers. 

So hiring a kid to play a role that isn't biracial to look like the rest of the family doesn't make sense. but I guarantee that the show think it's brilliant casting. placed them side by side in shots to highlight the resemblance  

• Love 5

It's Thanksgiving.

Jack is at the cabin and gets a visit from Abby, and to his surprise and pleasure, Summer. Phyllis had convinced Summer at the coffee shop that Jack would love to see her, and Abby mentioned that Jack would be solo for most of the evening since Abby is going to the Ranch later.

Jack tells Summer to get the turkey. It turns out the turkey is frozen and the oven is broken. How on earth did Jack not smell the fact that the turkey wasn't cooking for hours? And didn't he baste it? Anyway, Abby delivers more bad news, Ashley is gone on business and Aunt Traci has the flu.

Abby decides to deep fry the turkey. Everyone is excited until smoke starts filling the cabin and Summer is frantically looking up how to deep fry a turkey online. It turns out you can't deep fry a frozen turkey. Jack runs in to grab the fire extinguisher. Everyone gathers around the table with a black bird and eats pie. It turns out Jack is eating Victor's pie. He digs in with relish.

The Winters are having Thanksgiving at Lily's place. Cane is stuck on the couch and in severe pain. Uncle Moses comes by with Neil. Everyone decides to eat in the living room for Cane's benefit.

Phyllis is volunteering at the makeshift soup kitchen aka Crimson Lights.

Jill comes by and eventually convinces Billy to volunteer at Crimson Lights while wearing Brash and Sassy aprons.

Ester is Jill's boss and makes her wear a hairnet, heh. Jill only agrees if Ester will help hand out free samples of Brash and Sassy to the homeless. I'm sure that's exactly what they've been wishing for.

Hilary is at Crimson Lights because this is the human interest story Devon wants her to cover. She's reluctant but when she sees Phyllis and Billy together she grabs her camera guy and tells him to start filming. Devon stops her. Mariah interviews the homeless and tells Hilary she thinks she got a good story.

It turns out Mariah did get a good story and Devon calls Lily and tells her to watch it with the family. Lily turns on the TV and the segment shows a homeless woman named J.J. who was an addict and lost her home and family. She's clean now and Hilary says if her family is watching to reach out. The story moves Neil and he and Lily and the kids go to Crimson Lights to volunteer. Cane, alone, eyes his pain meds.

Phyllis and Billy talk and she mentions Jack is all alone at the cabin.

Jack, alone at the cabin now, is picturing Billy and Phyllis making out everywhere. The doorbell rings and Billy is on his doorstep with a bag of take out in his hands.

Hilary sends a lackey out with an envelope and tells him not to tell anyone. The guy delivers the envelope to J.J. The envelope contains a bunch of hundred dollar bills and a note to find her family.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

^

This. I liked that Moses' mother (Sophia? I'm not sure if that was her name) was actually a darker complextion than a lot of black actresses on TV and certainly with a fuller figure....bbut ain't no way in Hades could she and Neil have produced that kid.

What is wrong with these people?  That child does not resemble either parent.  

• Love 7

Maybe if HiJack would have had that rumoured hookup that little guy would have been their offspring but WHY would they cast this child as Neil/Sophia's son? 

KSJ defending choice on Twitter. Sigh.

Cute kid but very odd casting.

• Love 7

That's still not the most bizarre casting  I've seen: on ATWT, Jessica (who was about Neil's complextion) and Duncan, who was Scottish had their daughter Bonnie who was cast with an actress who could be Lupita Nyong'o's body double.

Given the genetic diversity in my family tree, I'm aware of recessive genes and such,buuuuuut....

• Love 6
11 hours ago, jewel21 said:

It turns out you can't deep fry a frozen turkey.

How does this woman who works/ed in a laboratory and, I assume, has a pretty thorough science education (to rise to such high levels in Jabot), not see that the bird is frozen and not know what happens when you throw ice into hot oil? Bet they forgot to take out the package of gizzard innards, too.  Ha Ha.  How cute.  Lucille Ball is spinning in her grave.  I'm not going to watch this show until they stop the "little woman" schtick for comedy. (womcom?)  And please tell me that this didn't occur inside.  Did they even have a turkey fryer (that clearly states to use outside)?  Next Thanksgiving, Extraordinarily Dumb People, don't give the help the day off.

10 hours ago, boes said:

What is wrong with these people?  

Those children are just freakin scary. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, miamama said:

Maybe if HiJack would have had that rumoured hookup that little guy would have been their offspring but WHY would they cast this child as Neil/Sophia's son? 

KSJ defending choice on Twitter. Sigh.

Cute kid but very odd casting.

I don't have twitter (or is it do twitter?) so I haven't seen that. How is he defending the choice?

30 minutes ago, basiltherat said:

Which child is supposed to be Moses?  They look like triplet girls.

I thought the same thing! It looked like three little girls in that picture so I was very confused by the caption.  I agree that was questionable casting with regard to Moses. Anyone who watched when Sophia was on would be give the casting people the side eye for choosing that actor to play her and Neil's son.

• Love 3

@Desperately Random

KSJ shared historical pics of black kids who look white. He said he's biracial. Showed pics of his kids (of varying shades). Told people to give Dax (kid actor) a chance, as though it's about this little kid personally. 

He's missing the point entirely. Nor do I see why he feels need to defend TPTB. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, miamama said:

@Desperately Random

KSJ shared historical pics of black kids who look white. He said he's biracial. Showed pics of his kids (of varying shades). Told people to give Dax (kid actor) a chance, as though it's about this little kid personally. 

He's missing the point entirely. Nor do I see why he feels need to defend TPTB. 

No one is questioning that the little guy is black. We are questioning the choice of casting him for this role. I see he posted a picture of his own kids as an example when neither child of his has a black mother. Terrible example. 

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, basiltherat said:

Surely there are other cute young black actors for the job . . . nothing personal against the kid, for goodness' sakes, just against the casting people. 

23 minutes ago, basiltherat said:

LOL  that's the way i felt about lily (ck) when they cast her as a teen...

• Love 1

Dear Show:  For Christmas can Victor rebuild the original ranch as a Christmas gift?  I won't even fuss if Michael Scott's bones aren't down in the cement room with the sliding cement door.  But I really can't look at the JFP Memorial Subdivision Model Home any more.   It's tacky.  Even filled with Newmans.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, MollyB said:

How does this woman who works/ed in a laboratory and, I assume, has a pretty thorough science education (to rise to such high levels in Jabot), not see that the bird is frozen and not know what happens when you throw ice into hot oil? Bet they forgot to take out the package of gizzard innards, too.  Ha Ha.  How cute.  Lucille Ball is spinning in her grave.  I'm not going to watch this show until they stop the "little woman" schtick for comedy. (womcom?)  And please tell me that this didn't occur inside.  Did they even have a turkey fryer (that clearly states to use outside)?  Next Thanksgiving, Extraordinarily Dumb People, don't give the help the day off.

Those children are just freakin scary. 

Well, considering Abby was doing to the frying, and I don't think she even went to college, it's not much of a stretch, heh.

They were deep frying the bird in a tall pot on the porch with the door open so all the smoke could enter the cabin and try and kill Summer.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Big Blue Plate said:

Dear Show:  For Christmas can Victor rebuild the original ranch as a Christmas gift?  I won't even fuss if Michael Scott's bones aren't down in the cement room with the sliding cement door.  But I really can't look at the JFP Memorial Subdivision Model Home any more.   It's tacky.  Even filled with Newmans.

Especially filled with Newmans.

• Love 4

Why did Victoria wear her bathrobe to Thanksgiving Dinner?

Isn't a bit awkward... Sharon and Bitch Bug at the same dinner, on account of Bitch Bug wanting to charge her with kidnapping 1?

When did the Newmans develop a fondness for chamber music?  Or are they just trying to impress us with their high falutin' Spotify?

Edited by Big Blue Plate
  • Love 6

I'm just going to say it:  in that white top, the Bug's boobs seem to be showing their age... even Sharon struggled to avoid looking down and she mastered the fixed stare some time ago.  

Gender flexible Cousin Charlie, Winters shade of pale Uncle Moses, saggy Cricket, that RANCH... visually, show is in trouble... although finally there's something worse than the writing.

Edited by Big Blue Plate
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, DivaT said:

No one is questioning that the little guy is black. We are questioning the choice of casting him for this role. I see he posted a picture of his own kids as an example when neither child of his has a black mother. Terrible example. 

Yeah. He's so weird about defending show. Did the same with the kidnapping story. Just shut up and act. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Big Blue Plate said:

Don't you mean shut up and start acting?  

'Cause I've always thought KSJ graduated from the Jill School of Repeating Every Line Loudly in Your Big Scenes.

Yes. Right. He's bad. He has this pontificating air. But I find he can make me laugh (unintentionally) so in that respect he bothers me less than others. Meaning I don't hate him but he adds nothing to the show and hasn't for years.

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, Big Blue Plate said:

^ LOL... you nailed him.  Remember when he was a hot, studly young executive at Jabot?  Back in the day when Jabot didn't manufacture moisturizing software?

That's part of the problem. The show, along with the actor, still wants viewers to see Neil as the hot, studly young executive. I don't think we have in a good 10 years. He's got adult kids. Write him like it. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, miamama said:

Yeah. He's so weird about defending show. Did the same with the kidnapping story. Just shut up and act. 

I thought he defended that kidnapping  story because he had onus of it. KSJ had been openly asking for a revenge story for Neil for 6 months before it started. 

But now I think he's just stirring the pot for buzz since he has no story. why else would he have a representation in daytime conversation and tag Victoria Rowell. He is looking for a huge dust up on diversity. Probably to use as a bargaining tool with TPTB.